PDA

View Full Version : MAC Championship - Who you got?

CMUChipsGuy25
11-30-2006, 09:42 AM
For all you MAC fans, it's Central Michigan vs. Ohio tonight. My question, who you got winning? I'm currently at Central Michigan, so I'm obviously going to be rooting for them and I'll be at ford field tonight. Hope everyone watches on ESPN tonight @ 7:30.

My prediction - Central 31 Ohio 27.

Shane P. Hallam
11-30-2006, 10:12 AM
Central Michigan will blow OU out...

Jughead10
11-30-2006, 10:18 AM

Thats what I am thinking. I just checked the line and it is only 3. I'm loving Central Michihgan here. By the way how is Northern Illinois not playing in this game. Didn't they beat CMU pretty badly.

danman253
11-30-2006, 10:33 AM
CMU in a landslide.

Shane P. Hallam
11-30-2006, 10:41 AM

Thats what I am thinking. I just checked the line and it is only 3. I'm loving Central Michihgan here. By the way how is Northern Illinois not playing in this game. Didn't they beat CMU pretty badly.

Yup, but they are the only division team to beat Central Michigan. But, when you lose to Toledo and Ohio and Western Michigan, you aren't going anywhere.

RyanLeaf#1
11-30-2006, 10:50 AM
Im actually studying this game right now for handicapping purposes. Ill say this... I've seen Ohio play several times and their defense is very tough, but the offense isn't so great. They mainly run the ball. Central Michigan kind of scares me in this spot a little bit. They are coming off a cake win against Buffalo and in the game before that Northen Illinois destroyed them. IMO N. Illinois stinks. Last year in this championship game Akron pulled the upset out against N Illinois. I think the upset could happen tonight, but im not totally decided. If im on later tonight I will post my prediction.

Jughead10
11-30-2006, 10:52 AM

Yup, but they are the only division team to beat Central Michigan. But, when you lose to Toledo and Ohio and Western Michigan, you aren't going anywhere.

Didn't realize they lost to all those other teams. Don't follow the MAC too closely. :lol:

Shane P. Hallam
11-30-2006, 11:47 AM
Im actually studying this game right now for handicapping purposes. Ill say this... I've seen Ohio play several times and their defense is very tough, but the offense isn't so great. They mainly run the ball. Central Michigan kind of scares me in this spot a little bit. They are coming off a cake win against Buffalo and in the game before that Northen Illinois destroyed them. IMO N. Illinois stinks. Last year in this championship game Akron pulled the upset out against N Illinois. I think the upset could happen tonight, but im not totally decided. If im on later tonight I will post my prediction.

I think the cake game is good for a team before something like this. It lets them tweak and make the adjustments without worrying about losing.

RyanLeaf#1
11-30-2006, 11:53 AM

I think the cake game is good for a team before something like this. It lets them tweak and make the adjustments without worrying about losing.

I just dont know if Central will be able to stop Ohios rush attack.

CMUChipsGuy25
11-30-2006, 01:55 PM
I think we can stop the run, Bazuin, Keith, Cutts in the secondary. Should be a really close game though.

draftguru151
11-30-2006, 02:44 PM
CMU FTW.

SuperMcGee
11-30-2006, 03:25 PM
The great CM freshmen against Ohio's on-a-roll seniors. I actually expect a closer game, and I'm taking Ohio

achilles109
11-30-2006, 05:19 PM
pff name two real mac fans. Ohio better take this one :P

SuperMcGee
11-30-2006, 05:25 PM

<--- Buffalo fan with limited knowledge of the MAC

then there's you, so close enough
yeah, go Ohio. Maybe in 30 years or so the Bulls can be in a bowl game

DChess
11-30-2006, 05:34 PM
CMU, they are a very nice looking team.

Shane P. Hallam
11-30-2006, 06:13 PM

I follow the MAC since I'm in Ohio, and it's fun, and great football. Lots of fun.

bearsfan_51
11-30-2006, 06:39 PM
I'm a big MAC guy, and I'll take Ohio with the upset.

richdg
11-30-2006, 07:05 PM
The Chips. I am a huge CMU fan. They are my fav. team after Michigan. Kelley is a great coach, I know him a little bit. Went to several of his coaching clinics.
As for the game, it a great O vs a good D. CMU is loaded and very explosive. CMU will put up at least 30 points. I don't think Ohio can score that many.
For your draftnicks, watch #93 for CMU. Bazian is a great player. Will be a day 1 pick in the draft. He is one of those guys that never stops coming. If the game was 8 hours long, he still would be busting his butt. Got to love a player like that.
BY the way, NIU beat CMU the week after CMU won their division. It was a game that didn't mean anything to them.

achilles109
11-30-2006, 09:06 PM
I was just joking, I just want ohio to win cause Akron sucked against them.. Its alright though, if they dont win ill just say its because they dont have their starting QB.

draftguru151
11-30-2006, 09:43 PM
CMU FTW.

Shane P. Hallam
11-30-2006, 09:44 PM
BAM! I wish I would have had money in my account. I so would have bet that game...

NickBam
12-01-2006, 01:49 PM
Brian Kelly=The Next Big Thing

I told my friend whos an MSU fan that that is who he wanted for his next coach.

richdg
12-01-2006, 05:25 PM
As I predicted before the season, CMU wins the MAC! They are only going to get better. Most of the star players are coming back, and so is the coach! For 1 more year.

richdg
12-01-2006, 05:27 PM
Talking about Coach Kelley. He will leave next year. Any big time coaches looking/rumored to be leaving after next year? You bald nut fans will not like this, but Kelley to Michigan is a very good possibility.

danman253
12-01-2006, 06:27 PM
Talking about Coach Kelley. He will leave next year. Any big time coaches looking/rumored to be leaving after next year? You bald nut fans will not like this, but Kelley to Michigan is a very good possibility.

Ron English will be our next Head Coach, so unless its to become an assitant he won't.