PDA

View Full Version : Jared Gaither

Hermstheman83
06-01-2007, 12:39 PM
It says that when this guy was a freshmen, he gave up a total of 0 sacks and had two penalties. THis guy was apparently born to play football(as he's in the supplemental draft). I can see a guy like this (possibly) being worth a 1st round pick. Any thoughts? He's a beast, and he'd also fill a need. They are making this guy out to be the next Willie Roaf.....just wanted to know your thoughts.

bored of education
06-01-2007, 12:41 PM
he is a beast. i like him alot. id give up next years 1st two picks for Oliver and Gaither being that we would go OT then CB in next years draft get them now lol

Hermstheman83
06-01-2007, 12:58 PM
Yea, I'm not a big fan of drafting a high end CB for a cover two defense. I think Hookem' said that was a benefit of a cover-2, lack of a talented CB is ok. But I'm getting hooked on that idea, as a freshman the guy did not give up a sack! I mean...wow, he might not be academically smart, but he apparently was born to stone D-ends

Hermstheman83
06-01-2007, 12:59 PM
That'd be sweet though, the draftniks' would give us an A before the actual draft even started.

T-RICH49
06-01-2007, 02:33 PM
yes give up the first 2 picks now for Gaither and Oliver

BPhilb
06-01-2007, 02:41 PM
yes give up the first 2 picks now for Gaither and Oliver

I think we are getting ahead of ourselves here. What if we would of done this last year to get Marcus McCauley and Sydey Rice with two supplemental picks? It would have appeared to be a steal at the time, but probably wouldn't have worked out as expected. Also, there is a chance that we might be picking fairly high in next years draft. I would hate to bypass a potntial high pick right now on a couple of guys that we don't have a full body of work yet. Just my thought.

villagewarrior
06-01-2007, 11:18 PM
I would use a 2nd on Oliver, but nothing higher than a day two pick on Gaither. Everything I've heard about him is that he has regressed every year.

Hermstheman83
06-02-2007, 03:27 AM
But the guy didn't give up a single sack his freshman year. Any guys' going to give up a sack eventually..

villagewarrior
06-02-2007, 09:26 AM
But the guy didn't give up a single sack his freshman year. Any guys' going to give up a sack eventually..

Obviously, and what I'm saying is only hearsay, but from what I've heard he has gotten significantly worse every year, and his technique hasn't improved at all.

Hermstheman83
06-02-2007, 10:05 AM
Yea, also, the stuff I read was off the Terepin website, any college tends to promote their guys' just a little to much. I got a question, it seems the general consensus is that we need a CB for depth and hip-dislocation insurance(both our starters are pretty old). but why pick a big time CB like Paul Oliver when you can have a crappier less talented CB that does an equal job and we don't have to pay as much for him. As a side note, I'm not too worried(as I was throughout the draft), but it seems like we have some capable back-ups for CB's(I can't think of their names, but they are rookies, and I know one came out of Virginia). I'm sure Oliver is worth a second round pick, our need for CB doesn't warrant that high of a pick..bah, I'm sorry If I don't make any sense, I am on little sleep right now... Forgive me :)