PDA

View Full Version : Darius Walker

TouchdownUSC
06-01-2007, 02:01 PM
Did this guy end up signing with anyone? last i heard he was in talks with the bears but i havent heard anything else since?

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
06-01-2007, 02:07 PM
Darius Walker is with the Houston Texans.
http://www.houstontexans.com/team/player.asp?player_id=304

Geo
06-01-2007, 06:50 PM
Even though he didn't get drafted, I don't think Walker's decision to come out early was a bad one. He wasn't going to get any quicker and faster next year, and would not only add another year of wear and tear to his body but it would be his worst year under Weis with no Brady Quinn present, and next year's RB class will be much deeper than that of 07 (cracks about the Tennessee Titans being stupid enough to draft Chris Henry in the 2nd round aside). If Walker wasn't going to get drafted this year, he sure wasn't going to get drafted next year.

He actually does remind me of Ahman Green somewhat, so it's interesting that he could have the chance to groom under the veteran Green in Houston.

JeffSamardzijaIRISH
06-01-2007, 07:18 PM
Don't expect anything out of him. Almost every game I was very dissapointed by Walker. I thought he was ready to take the next step, but he never progressed from his Freshman year. He showed the same things as a Freshman that he did as a Junior.

Geo
06-01-2007, 07:28 PM
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

VY10
06-01-2007, 07:41 PM
Yes the Texans signed him a while ago. It looks like he might not even make the roster due to the fact we have a lot of average-bad young running backs which he most certainly is. He will most likely be on practice squad at best. I still liked that we signed him and he was on of Scott's top undrafted F/A.

bearsfan_51
06-01-2007, 07:55 PM
He didn't sign with the Bears because he didn't think he could beat out Garrett Wolfe and Josh Allen. That alone should tell you something.

TouchdownUSC
06-01-2007, 08:06 PM
im not blown away by his running abilities but i think he is a great receiving back

-black
06-01-2007, 10:33 PM
Darius Walker will have a solid career in the league.

jbeans187
06-01-2007, 10:45 PM
I really dont like him, but if he plays the zone blocking will help him succeed

Caddy
06-01-2007, 11:44 PM
Darius Walker will have a solid career in the league.

What are we talking here? Because if he can't even make the Houston Texans roster from Day 1 what chance has he got sticking with another team.

neko4
06-02-2007, 01:02 PM
In Houston he has a great chance, IMO, Kubiak can make him into a solid starter

GB12
06-02-2007, 01:20 PM
What are we talking here? Because if he can't even make the Houston Texans roster from Day 1 what chance has he got sticking with another team.

Houston actually has a very deep RB position. Green(1059 yards, 5 TDs), Dayne(612, 5), Lundi(476, 4), Gado(217, 1). I doubt he'll make it.

Geo
06-02-2007, 01:35 PM
The Taylor kid from Indiana is also on the roster, is he not? Wasn't there talk that the coaches were enamored with him somewhat?

Gchu83
06-02-2007, 01:37 PM
Houston actually has a very deep RB position. Green(1059 yards, 5 TDs), Dayne(612, 5), Lundi(476, 4), Gado(217, 1). I doubt he'll make it.

Green, Dayne, Gado, and Lundi all have similar running styles IMO. They all have good size and strength but aren't really going to out run anybody down the field, none are excellent receivers coming out of the backfield as well.

That's why I think Walker could have a chance in Houston. He is a very good receiver coming out of the backfield and could give us that "change of pace" back that we really don't have.

Im_a_Romosexual
06-02-2007, 02:21 PM
^Ahman Green is a damn good reciever out of the backfield.

I think he might be able to knock Dayne off the depth chart

Geo
06-02-2007, 05:15 PM
Not the Dayne Train!

VY10
06-03-2007, 12:07 AM
Green, Dayne, Gado, and Lundi all have similar running styles IMO. They all have good size and strength but aren't really going to out run anybody down the field, none are excellent receivers coming out of the backfield as well.

That's why I think Walker could have a chance in Houston. He is a very good receiver coming out of the backfield and could give us that "change of pace" back that we really don't have.

Well Walker doesn't have a blazing 40 time (Though I guess the 40 isn't everything). The reason he expected to get drafted was because he has a patient pro running style and can catch the ball. Problem is he doesn't have the blazing speed and or size to go along with it.

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
06-03-2007, 12:20 AM
The Taylor kid from Indiana is also on the roster, is he not? Wasn't there talk that the coaches were enamored with him somewhat?

Here is Taylor's bio from the Texans:
http://www.houstontexans.com/team/player.asp?player_id=224

Sniper
06-03-2007, 12:29 AM
Houston actually has a very mediocre RB position. Green(1059 yards, 5 TDs), Dayne(612, 5), Lundi(476, 4), Gado(217, 1). I doubt he'll make it.

Fixed that for ya

SchizophrenicBatman
06-03-2007, 12:43 AM
If Walker had any faith in his own ability he would have stayed at Notre Dame to prove he can produce without the best combine numbers. He'd have been the main focus of the offense with Quinn and their top 2 WRs gone

Fact is, he's a decent player who played at a big college. But there's hundreds of guys who can be decent college RBs, only the best do anything in the NFL

HoopsDemon12
06-04-2007, 07:30 PM
If Walker had any faith in his own ability he would have stayed at Notre Dame to prove he can produce without the best combine numbers. He'd have been the main focus of the offense with Quinn and their top 2 WRs gone

Fact is, he's a decent player who played at a big college. But there's hundreds of guys who can be decent college RBs, only the best do anything in the NFL

What about guys who do nothing in college and have good careers in the nfl... willie parker?

derza222
06-04-2007, 07:40 PM
What about guys who do nothing in college and have good careers in the nfl... willie parker?

Willie Parker has pretty nice physical tools and just didn't play much in college if I'm correct, whereas Walker got plenty of PT and just didn't impress NFL types with his skill set enough to get drafted. He'll have a chance with Houston but unless he blows them away they've got a deep but mediocre RB position and he probably won't make it IMO.