PDA

View Full Version : Which current young backup will eventually develop into the best starter ?

NJ_J_Witt_fan
06-01-2007, 10:10 PM
The Cowboys depth chart is littered with young talent that could eventually turn into solid starters in the future. The team is loaded with players 25 or younger and that could play signifiacant roles in the future including Pat McQuisten, Doug Free, James Marten, Corey Procter Miles Austin Sam Hurd, Isaiah Stanback, Anthony Fasano, Deon Anderson,Courtney Brown, Pat Watkins, Jason Hatcher, Anthony Spencer, Kevin Burnett, and Bobby Carpenter. Which do you think will develop into the best player ???
I personally believe that Pat Watkins will develop into a Probowl player. He has all the phisical tools needed to be a great FS. Granted he should hit the weightroom to but on a couple more pounds and hit the playbook and study his coverages. If he does that I think he has a great chance of being a solid player. If Ken Hamlin plays up to his capabilities and the boys sign him to a long term contract I say the next best pick is Anthony Spencer who will be a monster sack artist in Wade's pass rush attack.

NJ_J_Witt_fan
06-01-2007, 10:22 PM
sry idk why this posted twice

M.O.T.H.
06-02-2007, 11:17 AM
Sammy Hurd...Woo!

D-Fence
06-03-2007, 12:00 AM
Gotta be one of the linebackers.

M.O.T.H.
06-03-2007, 12:03 AM
yeah, it would be one of the backers but, i want it to be Sammy. If he's given the opportunity, I think he'll become something special...

fryman
06-03-2007, 12:35 AM
I think Spencer, Carpenter, Hatcher, and Free will all become successful starters. Most of the rest probably will never get a chance to start for the Cowboys. I think Watkins and Hurd if given the opportunity would become solid starter. Deon Anderson will probably become a starter, but it is hard to pick a FB as the best starter.

If I had to pick one it would be Carp though. He is a complete player and can produce in so many ways. He will get his chance before long.

06-03-2007, 01:29 AM
Sam Hurd. He'll be in a lot more plays this year. Then may'be next year a Starter.