PDA

View Full Version : harrington vs. shockley

reese
06-02-2007, 04:10 AM
if vick gets suspended or thrown in jail...who would u rather have start...shockley or harington

SeanTaylorRIP
06-02-2007, 06:16 AM
Is Brian Randle still on board?

iloxygenil
06-02-2007, 10:10 AM
Harrington or Redman. Shockley better not make the roster, much less be in contention to be the starter. I'd rather give up a FIRST round pick to get Trent Green in here, THAT's how much I HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE Shockley and have 0 confidence that he should be in the NFL right now.

reese
06-02-2007, 01:59 PM
have u ever seen him play?

reese
06-02-2007, 02:00 PM
Is Brian Randle still on board?

i think he got cut in favor of shockley last year

cunningham06
06-02-2007, 02:12 PM
I don't get why you Falcons fans hate Shockley so much, he has a lot of natural ability and was a great leader at Georgia, who fell to a later round because of lack of experience. I liked what I saw from him in preseason last year, he looked pretty good. I'm a Shockley fan myself and think he can get the falcons offense moving if he gets a shot.

doingthisinsteadofwork
06-02-2007, 02:16 PM
id be better if Harrington was the starter obviously.HEs at least proven to be a good backup.

JeffSamardzijaIRISH
06-02-2007, 02:22 PM
id be better if Harrington was the starter obviously.HEs at least proven to be a good backup.

Lol, you mean proven to be a big loser. Gimmie Shockley, Harrington has consistently shown that all he can do is lose. I'd rather take a chance at a win rather than knowing we're gonna lose.

BNad
06-02-2007, 02:29 PM
It almost sounds like you have something personal against DJ. I read some pretty good things about the mini camp he had.

I'd say, definitely, Harrington for at least as long as we've got an outside chance at the playoffs. I'm just really hoping it doesn't come down to it, haha.

ATLDirtyBirds
06-02-2007, 03:22 PM
Don't worry about iloxygenil. DJ Shockley just refused to give him and autograph once.

doingthisinsteadofwork
06-02-2007, 09:09 PM
Lol, you mean proven to be a big loser. Gimmie Shockley, Harrington has consistently shown that all he can do is lose. I'd rather take a chance at a win rather than knowing we're gonna lose.Yah because him losing in Detorit and in Miami were all his fault.I dont understand the logic of taking a guy who only managed to start one whole season in his college career over a good backup.

Shiver
06-02-2007, 09:52 PM
Joey Harrington, easily. He has proven to be a game manager. He knows how to run the 'Trent Dilfer' offense.

iloxygenil
06-02-2007, 10:32 PM
Hey, I'd MUCH rather have Harrington, a former top 10 pick than SUCKLEY who couldn't even push David Greene out of his position...who has done what in the NFL? Oh yeah, nothing. Shockley is AMAZINGLY...inaccurate. That's what I can't stand, people rave about his preseason, and it was ALL 100% Kevin Youngblood going up and making that remarkable catch that put us in field goal position.

BNad
06-03-2007, 09:17 AM
No quarterback in the country would have outted David Greene at starting QB while he was there after his freshman year. He's like a legend in UGA fans' minds, despite the fact he wasn't that great.

scar988
06-03-2007, 10:41 AM
I don't get why you Falcons fans hate Shockley so much, he has a lot of natural ability and was a great leader at Georgia, who fell to a later round because of lack of experience. I liked what I saw from him in preseason last year, he looked pretty good. I'm a Shockley fan myself and think he can get the falcons offense moving if he gets a shot.

what? the only guy who doesn't like him is iloxy.

JeffSamardzijaIRISH
06-03-2007, 11:29 AM
Yah because him losing in Detorit and in Miami were all his fault.I dont understand the logic of taking a guy who only managed to start one whole season in his college career over a good backup.

Harrington hasn't proven to be a good backup. This guy has never had a QB rating over 77, never thrown for atleast 60% of his passes, and only in one season has he thrown more TD's than INT's.

cunningham06
06-03-2007, 05:08 PM
what? the only guy who doesn't like him is iloxy.

Oh my mistake, I remember talking about him in the Falcons team section last year and there weren't many supporters back then. Didn't mean to generalize.

cunningham06
06-03-2007, 05:11 PM
Hey, I'd MUCH rather have Harrington, a former top 10 pick than SUCKLEY who couldn't even push David Greene out of his position...who has done what in the NFL? Oh yeah, nothing. Shockley is AMAZINGLY...inaccurate. That's what I can't stand, people rave about his preseason, and it was ALL 100% Kevin Youngblood going up and making that remarkable catch that put us in field goal position.

You do know that David Greene set the record for most wins for a starting qb in his college career right?

Severe Punishment
06-03-2007, 05:27 PM
This is like one of those old games "what would you rather"
...seems like this is like "what would you rather eat...a bucket of snot or a bucket of puke"

personally i'd take what's behind door #3

LitoSheppard
06-03-2007, 05:32 PM
isn't Shockley Vick-ish?

reese
06-03-2007, 06:29 PM

i guess youngblood was the one that ran the playaction keeper on the 1st play of the drive....i guess he was also the one that twice scrambled and threw compltions down field...i guess he was also the 1 that put another on the money and it was dropped...ur right youngblood did all that..it was 100% him

thefalconer
06-03-2007, 10:15 PM
i guess youngblood was the one that ran the playaction keeper on the 1st play of the drive....i guess he was also the one that twice scrambled and threw compltions down field...i guess he was also the 1 that put another on the money and it was dropped...ur right youngblood did all that..it was 100% him

haha amen. oxy, i really dont get why you hate him. hes got potentail to help this team out. idk about starting a regular season game but hes not as bad as you make him to be.

doingthisinsteadofwork
06-03-2007, 10:34 PM
Harrington hasn't proven to be a good backup. This guy has never had a QB rating over 77, never thrown for atleast 60% of his passes, and only in one season has he thrown more TD's than INT's.Your comparing him to a starter not a backup.Its been well documented that hes a crappy starter buts hes proven to be a good backup.Whereas Shockley hasnt proven anything.

JeffSamardzijaIRISH
06-03-2007, 10:36 PM
Your comparing him to a starter not a backup.Its been well documented that hes a crappy starter buts hes proven to be a good backup.Whereas Shockley hasnt proven anything.

WTF, proven to be a good backup? Okay last year in Miami he was the "Back-up", so what happened there. Anyways, how can you be proven to be a good backup but not a starter. If he's starting the game, then he's technically the starter...

49ersfan_87
06-03-2007, 10:38 PM
Your comparing him to a starter not a backup.Its been well documented that hes a crappy starter buts hes proven to be a good backup.Whereas Shockley hasnt proven anything.

Wouldnt a good backup be a decent starter, rather than a crappy starter?

doingthisinsteadofwork
06-03-2007, 10:40 PM
If Vick were to be thrown in jail for a while It wouldnt matter to be honest.Your right Harrington is a crappy starter but Id still rather him over Shockley.ITd only be a matter of time before Vick was back or the Falcons would be looking for Brian Brohm in next years draft.

doingthisinsteadofwork
06-03-2007, 10:44 PM
Wouldnt a good backup be a decent starter, rather than a crappy starter?I actually thought I saw Harrington do progress a little in Miami.
Obviously the Falcons thought Harrington would be a better QB than SHockley otherwise they wouldnt have bothered with Harrington.
It wont matter whoevers QB shouldnt have that much of a problem handing the ball off to Dunn and Norwood.

thefalconer
06-04-2007, 12:19 AM
this debate is not worth arguing about. whomever starts, the falcons will have a losing and disappointing season.

georgiafan
06-04-2007, 09:45 AM
who couldn't even push David Greene out of his position

Yeah Because David Greene never done anything in college except for setting the NCAA record for career wins.

flrybranch
06-15-2007, 06:00 PM
Harrington played poorly on a bad team in Detroit. He has NFL experience and can manage a game well enough. He should start the season if Vick is otherwise occupied. I would not hold out much hope for a winning season if he starts.

I think that Shockley needs more time. He only played one year in college and didn't see many practice snaps last year (scout team doesn't count). Having watched him play (I'm a Tech fan though) he has enough potential to warrent keeping around. I'm curious as to why he isn't in NFLE. This would be a perfect place for him to get live game snaps in. Then again I still ask a lot questions about decisions made by the previous coaching staff.

Phrost
06-17-2007, 07:15 PM
Wasn't Shockley like a 6 or 7th round pick?

BNad
06-17-2007, 07:17 PM
Wasn't Shockley like a 6 or 7th round pick?

Yeah, 7th round.

LonghornsLegend
07-09-2007, 02:20 AM
Yeah Because David Greene never done anything in college except for setting the NCAA record for career wins.

in the SEC might i add...thats pretty impressive, i could care less what his nfl resume has

and to answer the question i think harrington would be better off for you guys, he's at least started and would be more poised, potential wise and long term id rather have shockley but for this season, shockley would probably be a lil more rattled out there then harrington, although whoever it was, it would be a long season

BamaFalcon59
07-09-2007, 02:59 PM
[QUOTE=flrybranch;453911]I'm curious as to why he isn't in NFLE.QUOTE]

It died.

V. Young
07-20-2007, 04:34 PM
You need to start harrington. Hes a good QB he has just been in bad situations. The guys almost won the heisman. He'd been good detroit and miami if the O LINE did there job. I hear altanta has a good O LINE...We will see. Harrington will start because Vick wont be able too because his idiot self will be in prison...and shockley wont do anything for you guys.

neko4
07-20-2007, 04:38 PM
I was waiting for this discussion to popup, Im rooting for both of them, but Harrington is a better QB

jdcdam1
07-24-2007, 08:40 AM
I think harrington WILL start due to his experience, but I think DJ SHOULD start. I think DJ will be a good fit for Petrino's system, and since Im pretty sure Petrino added a few wrinkles for Vick, they can basically run that same offense. Harrington sucks, but hopefully he'll suprise.

JPLUFF
07-26-2007, 03:54 PM
Harrington in Detroit- Bad O-Line, Bad running game

Harrington in Miami- Bad O-Line, Bad running game

Harrington in Atlanta- Good O-Line, Good running game

Not saying he'll be great, but it won't be like he's expected to do too much. Just hand the ball off and throw an occasional pass. It'll still be a rough year though.

Shane P. Hallam
07-27-2007, 10:50 AM
Any chance Shockley actually gets a crack at the starting job if Harrington does poorly?

georgiafan
07-27-2007, 10:53 AM
Any chance Shockley actually gets a crack at the starting job if Harrington does poorly?

There is a chance, Shockley said his goal was to be the starter this year. But the job is Harrington's to lose so he will likley be the starter opening week no matter what happends in the preseason.

Shane P. Hallam
07-27-2007, 10:56 AM
Cool, thanks. Anyone else know if Shockley has a chance or any links to indicate such? I'm asking for a FF league actually where if you find a starting QB, you are golden.

georgiafan
07-27-2007, 11:23 AM
http://www.ajc.com/blogs/content/shared-blogs/ajc/falconscamp/entries/2007/07/26/shockley_please.html