PDA

View Full Version : U21 Bball Draft P-L vs. Rob S

SeanTaylorRIP
12-01-2006, 04:03 PM
Ok Vote goes on to Saturday night, the winner will be the added score of these votes and the 3 judges voting, each of the 3 judges teams they choose will recieve an additional 15 votes.

Remember this is a draft for a team to win this year, in 3 years, and in 5 years.

P-L
PG: Ronald Steele / Mike Conley / Jerryd Bayless
SG: Marcus Johnson / Jerryd Bayless / Richard Roby
SF: LeBron James / Michael Beasley / Artem Zabelin
PF: Al Horford / Glen Davis / Artem Zabelin
C: Spencer Hawes / Mirza Begic / Al Horford

Rob S:
PG- Derrick Rose-Nick Calathes
SG- JR Smith-Nick Young- Wayne Ellington
SF- Julian Wright-Nick Young
PF- Brandon Wright- Darrell Arthur- Demarcus Cousins
C- Andris Bierdins Al Jefferson-Samardo Samuels

SeanTaylorRIP
12-01-2006, 04:24 PM
I think this will be the closest matchup, Rob by far has the better team but the other team does have LeBron, but overall had to give it to Rob cause his team is much better.

draftguru151
12-01-2006, 07:02 PM
I wonder who had the #1 overall pick. :?:

P-L
12-01-2006, 09:29 PM
I wonder who had the #1 overall pick. :?:

That actually hurt me a lot. I'll admit my team isn't that good. But with so many guys drafting, I had to wait a long time between picks.

ccB
12-01-2006, 10:21 PM
I voted for Rob. Again I think this is another draft position thing. PL got LBJ and I think thats going to sway alot of the votes but I feel Rob has the better team if you look past LBJ.

I actually feel Rob has one of the better teams in this whole thing. His starting 5 is pretty sick and hes deep. He has a good mixture of NBA, College and High School Players.

Derrick Rose is the future of the PG. He is going to be a superstar.
JR Smith is starting to live up to potential.
Julian Wright has all the intangibles you look for.
BRandon Wright after he adds some weight is going to be another Superstar.
Biedrins is SICK hes a stud on Defense in the NBA and is only 20.

This is taking nothing away from PL's team. Which I feel is also pretty stacked.

Steele is solid. James is amazing. Horfords a beast and Beasley doesnt belong on the bench.

Close one but I think Rob defintely has this one.

Rob S
12-01-2006, 11:52 PM
i am getting screwed on the voting, 11-4 that is bull.

Rob S
12-02-2006, 12:10 AM
ghetto, i honestly dont think the board knows enough to vote in this. Not knocking PL's team, but there is no way this should be so far apart.

Tubby
12-02-2006, 03:00 AM
P-L. The sheer goodness of LBJ and the sheer awesomeness of Spencer Hawes is a orgasmic blend of superman and the prostitue I have in front of me.

SeanTaylorRIP
12-02-2006, 07:41 AM
ghetto, i honestly dont think the board knows enough to vote in this. Not knocking PL's team, but there is no way this should be so far apart.

Don't forget the 3 judges have combined 45 votes combined, it's not over by a longshot. Each judge has 15 votes and can give as many of the 15 votes to one team, they could give 8,9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 or all their votes to one team.

Rob S
12-02-2006, 10:05 AM

Don't forget the 3 judges have combined 45 votes combined, it's not over by a longshot. Each judge has 15 votes and can give as many of the 15 votes to one team, they could give 8,9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 or all their votes to one team.

yeah, but Lebron is good for a few points even with the judges, and i agree with that. My gripe is that half the people who voted probably didnt even know who derrick rose is.

Eaglez.Fan
12-02-2006, 10:16 AM
Robs overall team is actually quite abit better. All P-L really has is LBJ. Rob has Brandon Wright, Julian Wright, JR Smith and Darell Arthur how cud easily be starting

I voted Rob

thetedginnshow
12-02-2006, 11:27 AM
I think people are putting too much of a separation between the two. Really, they both have good starting 5's, and then as for depth, Rob has about four, maybe five good players, and P-L has about three, maybe four, and then LeBron would be his x-factor. I don't think it's such a stretch for people to think that way, and if several people thought that way, clearly P-L will rack up the votes, and the overwhelming difference in voting will become misleading.

Rob S
12-02-2006, 11:32 AM
I think people are putting too much of a separation between the two. Really, they both have good starting 5's, and then as for depth, Rob has about four, maybe five good players, and P-L has about three, maybe four, and then LeBron would be his x-factor. I don't think it's such a stretch for people to think that way, and if several people thought that way, clearly P-L will rack up the votes, and the overwhelming difference in voting will become misleading.

I see where you are coming from and I understand people voting for PL over me. He ha sa good team. But what I am worried about is that people are just voting based on players they know. If you dont follow HS basketball, you dont know who Derrick Rose is and he was my 1st pick.

thetedginnshow
12-02-2006, 11:35 AM
Well honestly, I think that can be applied to every team. Probably could have figured before the mock that anyone not in this mock or judging would most likely not know who everyone that people drafted was.

Rob S
12-02-2006, 11:40 AM
Well honestly, I think that can be applied to every team. Probably could have figured before the mock that anyone not in this mock or judging would most likely not know who everyone that people drafted was.

Yeah, but the people who have Lebron and Howard and Paul and Oden are at a huge advantage because they are big names and even though a guy like rose could wind up being on their level, people may not know that.

thetedginnshow
12-02-2006, 11:50 AM
The people with Paul are at no advantage at all, especially if you grab a lot of West Coast talent few have seen. :lol:

SeanTaylorRIP
12-04-2006, 02:15 PM
Final Fanvote:P-L:16, Rob S:6, score finalized after judging is recieved.

SeanTaylorRIP
12-04-2006, 04:08 PM
Score from anonymous judge 1 of 3:
P-L/Rob: 9-6 to Rob
I think Rob has the better all around team, but P-L has the ultimate x-factor in Lebron. You could have thrown him on the worst team in this, and you would still have to give consideration to the team just because of how good he is and will be. I went Rob however, because his trio of Rose and the Wright Brothers (I know they're not actually brothers). He also had good depth with Arthur and Ellington. I'll go Rob here but P-L could easily win this game.

Score so far:P-l:22, Rob S:15

SeanTaylorRIP
12-05-2006, 04:33 PM
Score from anonymous judge 2 of 3:

P-L
PG: Ronald Steele / Mike Conley / Jerryd Bayless
SG: Marcus Johnson / Jerryd Bayless / Richard Roby
SF: LeBron James / Michael Beasley / Artem Zabelin
PF: Al Horford / Glen Davis / Artem Zabelin
C: Spencer Hawes / Mirza Begic / Al Horford

Rob S:
PG- Derrick Rose-Nick Calathes
SG- JR Smith-Nick Young- Wayne Ellington
SF- Julian Wright-Nick Young
PF- Brandon Wright- Darrell Arthur- Demarcus Cousins
C- Andris Bierdins Al Jefferson-Samardo Samuels

PL 10 Rob 5. I think PL, with Lebron, pushes him over the line some, no doubt. But, Rob has some young names, like Derrick Rose, who really have upside for the future. Right now? I think there is no doubt that PL takes, and that gives him a boost for me. In terms of the future? I think it is a toss-up. PL has the developmental players on his bench, while Rob has the chance to have a powerhouse in starters. I think that's what pushes it up some. But, the fact that either could project well into the future gives PL the lead.

Score so far: P-l:32, Rob S:20

Rob S
12-06-2006, 07:11 PM
wow, i need massive help from judge 3......

12-09-2006, 03:30 PM
I hate how people just see Lebron James and vote for P-L. Don't get wrong, Lebron is a great player but Rob's team is so much better IMO that they overcome how good he is.

P-L
12-09-2006, 10:29 PM
I hate how people just see Lebron James and vote for P-L. Don't get wrong, Lebron is a great player but Rob's team is so much better IMO that they overcome how good he is.

See, I disagree with you. I've already admitted that Rob has a better team top to bottom. But Rob's team isn't so much better than mine that they could overcome LeBron. His team has a lot of potential, but he has no one that should be mentioned in the same breath as LeBron right now. I think Rob's team has more potential, but my team is more proven.

SeanTaylorRIP
12-10-2006, 08:05 AM
Ok so my last judge didn't come through so this is final.