PDA

View Full Version : Rashard Mendenhall

Con
06-02-2007, 11:02 AM
He started to break out at end of season.

big back ran a 4.4

This season he will not be splitting carries adn be the feature back. Anyone think he can develope into a 1st round pick?

DorianSmith
06-02-2007, 02:45 PM
WHO? What team is he on and i dont think he will because i dont even know who that is does anyone else?

Incinerator
06-02-2007, 03:00 PM
I've heard of him, dont know anything about him though.

NickBam
06-02-2007, 03:24 PM
He plays for the U. of Illinois.

sodar21
06-02-2007, 05:56 PM
WHO? What team is he on and i dont think he will because i dont even know who that is does anyone else?

One of the top RBs of the class of 05 who goes to Illinois. Ran for 640 yards at 8.2 ypc. Destroyed the Penn State defense. He's going to be a very good RB next year and will have a huge season.

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
06-03-2007, 12:22 AM
I like Mendenhall, he and his brother were two of the better recruits that Ron Turner brought in during his wonderful days as head coach of the Illini.

Twister18
06-03-2007, 07:00 AM
I think the key to Rashad's success will be the progress of the OL, especially the young OT's.

darnik44two
06-03-2007, 10:23 AM
http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m79/darnik44/Rashard-Mendenhall-.jpg

remix 6
06-03-2007, 10:42 AM
he also ran track and did very well in the 50 meter didnt he?

DorianSmith
06-03-2007, 01:30 PM
I havent heard of him i will try to watch some Illni games this year i dont usally watch there Football Games.

T-Rat42
06-03-2007, 03:11 PM
Mendenhall was the 2nd or 3rd ranked RB in the nation coming out of high school. He comitted to Illinois because his brother also plays there. This will be his first year as the #1 back and has made the best of the carries he's got so far. So I think he can develop into a 1st round pick for sure. I'm pretty sure he's only a junior though and could probably benefit from staying in school the whole 4.

SuperKevin
06-03-2007, 04:14 PM
Mendenhall was the 2nd or 3rd ranked RB in the nation coming out of high school. He comitted to Illinois because his brother also plays there. This will be his first year as the #1 back and has made the best of the carries he's got so far. So I think he can develop into a 1st round pick for sure. I'm pretty sure he's only a junior though and could probably benefit from staying in school the whole 4.

he definately would benefit from staying all 4 years because this years RB class has the potential to be loaded. I can't imagine McFadden, Stewart, and Slaton coming back to school.

Woody56
06-03-2007, 04:30 PM
didn't realize his success, but definately impressive numbers he put up. Got to check out some Illinois games this year.

BUSTKUNTLAWL
06-03-2007, 07:11 PM
http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m79/darnik44/Rashard-Mendenhall-.jpg

That is a sick sig can I use it?

Mendenhall has all the talent in the world.. Can run inside & out.. Very explosive.. Everything you look for.

The only flaw with him is that he fumbles too much. He is indeed the real deal though.. Physical specimen.

Con
06-03-2007, 09:41 PM

Mendenhall has all the talent in the world.. Can run inside & out.. Very explosive.. Everything you look for.

The only flaw with him is that he fumbles too much. He is indeed the real deal though.. Physical specimen.

i think that's a good scouting report. he does run well insinde and out and has power to break tackles. 4.4 speed is solid so he can break away. however he does fumble alot. this year he should improve.

i think he will stay 4 years because he will have 2 years of starting experience.

Mr. Stiller
06-03-2007, 10:57 PM
He's a big back?

He's only 210lbs. When I think "Big" I'm looking 225-240.

He was timed at 4.48 this spring.

RB Rashard Mendenhall looked strong in his first spring as Illinois' primary running back, but his spring was cut short initially by a nagging hamstring injury and then by a sprained ankle that knocked him out of the spring game. He should be fine for the fall. But if not, then Illinois won't have an experienced alternative. Rashard's older brother, Walter, served as the No. 2 running back in the spring. The Illini have three new runners Juco transfer Daniel Dufrene and freshmen Deries Hodge and Troy Pollard arriving in the summer.

Paranoidmoonduck
06-03-2007, 11:50 PM
I've only seen a little of this kid, but he definitely caught my eye.

He's built like a slightly bigger Reggie Bush, which is to say that he doesn't have great weight but he's very strong in the upper body and seems to have a lot of compact muscle. I never saw him get the chance to accelerate much, so I don't know much about his speed, the facet that will be his most defining.

He's a bit undersized measurements-wise, and if his own school is timing him at 4.48, then it seems like a pretty safe bet that he is a solid 4.5 at best. However, that is just an assumption and perhaps a little cleaning up of his technique would shave a lot off that time.

He's definitely on my radar as a player to look out for.

SuperKevin
06-03-2007, 11:51 PM
He's a big back?

He's only 210lbs. When I think "Big" I'm looking 225-240.

He was timed at 4.48 this spring.

RB Rashard Mendenhall looked strong in his first spring as Illinois' primary running back, but his spring was cut short initially by a nagging hamstring injury and then by a sprained ankle that knocked him out of the spring game. He should be fine for the fall. But if not, then Illinois won't have an experienced alternative. Rashard's older brother, Walter, served as the No. 2 running back in the spring. The Illini have three new runners Juco transfer Daniel Dufrene and freshmen Deries Hodge and Troy Pollard arriving in the summer.

Being a Big back has more to do with the style of running than it does size. being willing to take hits and pound between the tackles is what makes you a big back. Guys like Chris Henry who are 230 but prefer to be in open field are not big backs.

darnik44two
06-04-2007, 04:56 AM

Yeah you can wear it

Mr. Stiller
06-04-2007, 02:48 PM
Being a Big back has more to do with the style of running than it does size. being willing to take hits and pound between the tackles is what makes you a big back. Guys like Chris Henry who are 230 but prefer to be in open field are not big backs.

I think of Greg Jones too much.

BUSTKUNTLAWL
06-04-2007, 04:21 PM
Thanks Darnik.

And Rashard is BUILT.. He DEFINITELY passes the eye ball test.. He is a rock.

Hopefully he stays healthy & the Illinois OL performs.. He is going to break out though either way IMO.

HoopsDemon12
06-04-2007, 07:54 PM
I think of Greg Jones too much.

there was a big back in both senses of the word...

BUSTKUNTLAWL
09-20-2007, 09:55 PM
So far this year:

50 attempts - 322 yards - 107 yards per game - 6.4 average per carry - 6 TDs

Man_Of_Steel
09-20-2007, 10:18 PM
He started to break out at end of season.

big back ran a 4.4

This season he will not be splitting carries adn be the feature back. Anyone think he can develope into a 1st round pick?

18 posts eh, I think your Rashard Mendenhall.

sodar21
09-20-2007, 10:38 PM
Hes had some good runs. He had one excellent one vs Missouri where he knocked over one defender and took it to the house.

BUSTKUNTLAWL
09-22-2007, 06:15 PM
Today's stat line vs Indiana:

27 rushes - 214 yards - 7.9 per carry - 2 TDs (1 rush, 1 receiving)

Take notice.

Big_Pete
09-23-2007, 05:46 PM
there was a big back in both senses of the word...

... Brandon Jacobs

BamaFalcon59
09-23-2007, 06:26 PM
He catches my eye whenever I see him play.

BUSTKUNTLAWL
10-06-2007, 05:24 PM
R. Mendenhall, RB
19 Rush, 160 yds
2 TDs
4 Rec, 33 yds, 1 TD

Against Wisconsin today.

1st round pick.

SuperKevin
10-06-2007, 05:32 PM
R. Mendenhall, RB
19 Rush, 160 yds
2 TDs
4 Rec, 33 yds, 1 TD

Against Wisconsin today.

1st round pick.

Probably in 2009. i doubt he declares this year especially since Illinois could make a run at the Big 10 title next year when everyone comes back

HoopsDemon12
10-06-2007, 06:13 PM
... Brandon Jacobs

He is huge sure.. but the power Jones ran with at Florida State was incredible

CARDIAC CAT 7
10-06-2007, 06:19 PM
Their is no way hes a 1st Round Pick this year, if he has a season like this one next year then maybe.

Mr. Stiller
10-06-2007, 06:32 PM
Probably in 2009. i doubt he declares this year especially since Illinois could make a run at the Big 10 title next year when everyone comes back

I like Mendenhall, I think he'll be a solid RB.

I really like Arrellious Benn and Juice Williams.

Aftermath
10-06-2007, 10:22 PM
I like Mendenhall, I think he'll be a solid RB.

I really like Arrellious Benn and Juice Williams.

Agreed......

Mr. Stiller
10-06-2007, 10:23 PM
Agreed......

I think I may have to make the Video for Benn against PSU.. his return for a TD and that 29 yard 5-10 tackle breaking TD Reception.

Geo
10-06-2007, 10:40 PM
I love Mendenhall, he reminds me of an ideal Travis Henry. Great blend of size, strength and speed. He's been so impressive this season with the opportunity presented to him.

I didn't realize he was a junior though, I thought he was a sophomore for whatever reason. Hmm, I might have considered him in my Top 5 junior backs, although I agree that it's better for Mendenhall to stay in school for his senior year and increase his stock.

Freddy G
10-07-2007, 10:20 AM
He is listed at 5'11 224....that is a pretty explosive 224....great build.

Also, on a side note, Chris Norwell (6'6 306) and J Leman (6'3 243) are going to make a 3-4 team rather happy on day 2. Leman is a monster at the los, and Norwell is the type tough/mean 3rd DE that can do the dirty work for you.

Smokey Joe
10-08-2007, 05:28 PM
I really don't like praising Illinois players cause I don't like Illinois (go Cats! :) ) but I have been really impressed by Mendenhall. He has a great combo of size and speed, and I think will be one of the top senior running backs next season. I don't see him coming out this year as Illinois has a great shot at going for the big ten title next season with all that talent they have. But next season, depending on which junior running backs come out this season, I could see him being as high as the 2nd best back (I think Felix Jones is gonna stay, and he'd be no. 1).

SeanTaylorRIP
10-08-2007, 05:32 PM
He kinda reminds me of Larry Johnson.

BUSTKUNTLAWL
10-10-2007, 03:19 PM
His mother has really wanted him to get an education. I think there is a good chance he stays, but if he continues playing this way he should SERIOUSLY consider coming out.

I think he is a lot better than some of these other backs who are gettin hyped up off name & program.

Rashard Mendehall
114 rushes - 772 yards - 6.8ypc - 10 TDs
18 receptions - 173 yards - 9.6 ypr - 2 TDs

Darren McFadden

130 rushes - 779 yards - 6.0 ypc - 7 TDs
7 catches - 56 yards - 8.0ypr - 0 TDs

Jonathan Stewart
86 rushes - 623 yards - 7.2ypc - 5 TDs
7 catches - 14 yards - 2.0ypr - 0 TDs

And McFadden is leading the Heisman race? I think McFadden is a better back, but Mendenhall is putting up much better #s and has faced better competition. I think Mendenhall will be a better pro back than Stewart and is a better college player right now. Stewart is getting hyped off his High School status I think people forget Mendenhall was a 5* recruit as well.

Green Bay Scat
10-10-2007, 03:24 PM
its good that more people are on the nuts of their boys

toonsterwu
10-10-2007, 03:30 PM
I was trying to work on some big boarding the other night, and I was working particularly on the QB/RB spots. THinking about the RB spots, I'm not sure that, with seniors and juniors combined, that Mendenhall wouldn't be a top 5 guy right now, if not top 3. Everyone has warts. I mean, McFadden is the clearcut number 1. But after that, it's up in the air. Tentatively, I was thinking for my rough big board

1. McFadden
2. Smith
3. Mendenhall
4. Jones
5. Davis
6. Stewart
7. Slaton

That said, difference between 2 and 7 isn't much right now, if at all, in terms of grade, IMO. It could come down to what type of back a team wants. And the general impact could be to drive down RB's. That said, the chance of all these junior RB's coming out seems slim.

BUSTKUNTLAWL
10-10-2007, 04:00 PM
its good that more people are on the nuts of their boys

Still raged about Wisconsin getting dominated by Mendenhall?

CARDIAC CAT 7
10-10-2007, 04:08 PM
Personally I like Jonathan Stewart out of all the 2009 Potential Backs, Hes got all the tools. I question McFaddens toughness(trys to get to the outside way to quickly), and Mendenhalls vision(Trys to just run over everyone to get yards), while Stewart only flaw is that hes only 5-10/5-9 but hey look at Jones-Drew, he could become a NFL GOD if he where to get into a Zone Blocking Scheme team. Dennis Dixon would not of blown up so much if it werent for Oregons running game.

Bearsfan123
10-10-2007, 09:39 PM
Personally I like Jonathan Stewart out of all the 2009 Potential Backs, Hes got all the tools. I question McFaddens toughness(trys to get to the outside way to quickly), and Mendenhalls vision(Trys to just run over everyone to get yards), while Stewart only flaw is that hes only 5-10/5-9 but hey look at Jones-Drew, he could become a NFL GOD if he where to get into a Zone Blocking Scheme team. Dennis Dixon would not of blown up so much if it werent for Oregons running game.

that is not Stewart's only flaw but i only watched a couple of his games. If that was his only flaw hed be ahead of McFadden.

Green Bay Scat
10-10-2007, 10:01 PM
Still raged about Wisconsin getting dominated by Mendenhall?

that was a compliment lol, also i dont like wisconsin, im a Vandy fan....

BUSTKUNTLAWL
10-10-2007, 10:32 PM
that was a compliment lol, also i dont like wisconsin, im a Vandy fan....

Oh..

:):):D

zjstratton
10-10-2007, 11:17 PM
mendenhall is a beast. he will be a great running back at the next level.