PDA

View Full Version : Cuts

Burns336
06-02-2007, 03:22 PM
Kelly Herndon has been cut, He's a guy I'd like to bring in for competition in the secondary, but I'm guessing his price tag is too high for a guy who may only see playing time at nickle back.

Any one else pick up on any other cut's involving players we may take a look at?

dc4life
06-02-2007, 08:12 PM
Kelly Herndon went to Seattle for what again? A 5-year 15 million dollar deal? We could probably get him for much cheaper than that now, since hes recovering from an injury. As for June 1st cuts, teams were allowed to release up to 2 players before the June 1st date, but have it count as a "June 1st cut." IE, Keyshawn Johnson. But anyways, we've seen less June 1st casualities this year because of the increased salary cap.

So we probably won't be bringing in any big name players cause hardly any of them got cut and I doubt they will get cut later. But as of now, I haven't heard of any other players who might get cut. Who knows though..A rookie could push a vet to get cut later.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=2886666

dc4life
06-03-2007, 01:07 PM
So far:

PackersNews.com reports that four veterans coming off disappointing seasons are slated to take up more than 11 percent of the Green Bay Packers' salary cap for the upcoming season. The team could release some combination of Marquand Manuel, Bubba Franks, Robert Ferguson and Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila, but management's commitment to long-term flexibility could keep all four with the team.

dc4life
06-04-2007, 04:23 PM
6/4/2007

The Cardinals have reportedly demanded that guard Milford Brown and defensive tackle Kendrick Clancy restructure their contracts.
If they refuse, the Cards will release the incumbent starters, according to Profootballtalk.com. Brown signed a sizeable contract in the 2006 offseason, didn't play well, and will be a backup if he stays. The Cardinals are looking to get younger along the defensive front with Gabe Watson and Alan Branch. Jun. 4 - 5:02 pm et

Source: Profootballtalk.com

__________________________________________________ ______________

Daunte Culpepper will ask for his release if Trent Green is acquired by the Dolphins, according to profootballtalk.com.
Miami would have to be seriously considering the move regardless. Some logical landing spots for Culpepper could include Atlanta and Jacksonville. Culpepper has shown little willingness to be a backup, though, and that's what he'll be anywhere he lands. Jun. 4 - 10:34 am et
Source: Profootballtalk.com