PDA

View Full Version : Colon getting reps at Starting RT, Rookie Recievers impressing

Smooth Criminal
06-02-2007, 05:51 PM
http://www.heraldstandard.com/site/news.cfm?BRD=2280&PAG=461&dept_id=468632&newsid=18400649&rfi=6

Interesting. With all the talk of O-line changes we might see a very new O-line next year. If Faneca is traded we might see Smith-Mahan-Okobi-Kemoeatu-Colon.

Glad to hear the recievers look good. We might be able to carry one of them if the team chooses to carry 6 recievers. Ward-Holmes-Washington-Wilson-Reid-Baker looks alright. Hell if they cut Wilson we could carry both.

DeathbyStat
06-03-2007, 11:21 AM
I really hope we can cut Wilson.

I hate the way he plays. He is always hoping for pass interference calls instead of making a play on the ball.

Hines
06-03-2007, 11:29 AM
I really hope we can cut Wilson.

I hate the way he plays. He is always hoping for pass interference calls instead of making a play on the ball.

agreed

i want a core like this

ward-holmes-washington-reid-baker
fowler on ps
along from the tall white dude from eastern michigan
forgot his name right at this moment

Mr. Stiller
06-03-2007, 01:57 PM
agreed

i want a core like this

ward-holmes-washington-reid-baker
fowler on ps
along from the tall white dude from eastern michigan
forgot his name right at this moment

Eric Deslauriers.

Don't forget, Ced had 2 BIG TD receptions on our way to the superbowl. I think Ced is the perfect #3.

If we do move him... I'd want Washington/Fowler to battle for the #3, Reid at #4, and Baker as a Red Zone weapon.

Why I'd take Fowler over Washington? Fowler doesn't drop passes, period.. he doesn't get much seperation, but he never drops a ball.

Hines
06-03-2007, 02:27 PM
Eric Deslauriers.

Don't forget, Ced had 2 BIG TD receptions on our way to the superbowl. I think Ced is the perfect #3.

If we do move him... I'd want Washington/Fowler to battle for the #3, Reid at #4, and Baker as a Red Zone weapon.

Why I'd take Fowler over Washington? Fowler doesn't drop passes, period.. he doesn't get much seperation, but he never drops a ball.

well when you say seperation do u mean off the line
or speed by the defender
cuz if u mean seperation off the line then he wont last cuz it wont matter if he can catch cuz he wont be able to get off the line

Mr. Stiller
06-03-2007, 02:54 PM
well when you say seperation do u mean off the line
or speed by the defender
cuz if u mean seperation off the line then he wont last cuz it wont matter if he can catch cuz he wont be able to get off the line

Downfield, he doesn't have "Getaway" speed, but he gets off the line and in a group of 4 defenders, will come down with the ball.

As for Colon at first team RT. Don't take it for permanent.

Every week they switch. Colon goes to second team LG. Starks is learning LT now (Thank god we can lose Trai ESSEX!).

They're doing it all over the field. Alternating at almost every position except DL/LB. DB's, OL, TE's, and QB's are all taking turns.

glennjamen3
06-04-2007, 01:22 AM
Eric Deslauriers.

I would love to drop ced. I do agree that he was big in the playoffs the year we won it all but he didn't do much of anything the entire season leading up to the playoffs. He is my least favorite player on the roster.

I'm not really ready to take fowler over washington quite yet. Fowler sounds like he's having a great offseason so far but he has yet to play a snap in the nfl. Who knows if he'll still catch everything thrown at him when he gets to the big league. It just seems a little early for him to jump to number 3 in my mind. But then again I guess everybody is gonna have their own opinion.

PittPete
06-04-2007, 09:52 AM
I thought wilson was overrated as a #2 recvr but is ok as a #3. And how about that gun of an arm; better than randel-el. Certainly nothing wrong with an upgrade though. We have more deptth at wr than at any time I can remember. I really hope we don't start the year with Simmons and Starks on the right side. whats interesting about Colon is that they havent used him at guard at all. so they must not be thinking of him as a backup. Starks would be best as a backup rt/lt anyhow.

DeathbyStat
06-04-2007, 12:37 PM
If starks could handle speed rushers he could be special

Smooth Criminal
06-04-2007, 02:26 PM
Just go back and watch Derrick Burgess destory Starks every play against Oakland. You'll lose all faith in him.

Mr. Stiller
06-04-2007, 02:53 PM
Just go back and watch Derrick Burgess destory Starks every play against Oakland. You'll lose all faith in him.

Then Watch him dominate Charles Grant and Julius Peppers and you'll wonder what the F*** this kids issue is week to week.

Mr. Stiller
06-04-2007, 02:54 PM
I would love to drop ced. I do agree that he was big in the playoffs the year we won it all but he didn't do much of anything the entire season leading up to the playoffs. He is my least favorite player on the roster.

I'm not really ready to take fowler over washington quite yet. Fowler sounds like he's having a great offseason so far but he has yet to play a snap in the nfl. Who knows if he'll still catch everything thrown at him when he gets to the big league. It just seems a little early for him to jump to number 3 in my mind. But then again I guess everybody is gonna have their own opinion.

I didn't mean "Immediate "Threedom" " I meant challenge Ced.

I like Possession as my 1 and 3 guys.. Burners as my 2 and 4's... because that way in a 3 WR 3rd down set, you have 2 reliable hands guys.

glennjamen3
06-06-2007, 06:11 AM
I didn't mean "Immediate "Threedom" " I meant challenge Ced.

I like Possession as my 1 and 3 guys.. Burners as my 2 and 4's... because that way in a 3 WR 3rd down set, you have 2 reliable hands guys.

gotcha, yeah I misunderstood the first time.