PDA

View Full Version : Who will be the no.1 RB for USC next year?

TouchdownUSC
06-03-2007, 09:59 PM
who will be the number one running back for USC next year?

JeffSamardzijaIRISH
06-03-2007, 10:35 PM
Lol!!! 10 Legit candidates for the starting position... I don't think any school even has 10 RB's on the roster! I like Emmanuel Moody the most out of this group, but I don't think Carroll likes him very much.

doingthisinsteadofwork
06-03-2007, 10:37 PM
to be honest who cares.Most of those guys will see the field and they're all highly talented.

keylime_5
06-03-2007, 10:50 PM
What is the matter with all these 5 star backs coming to USC? Only one can start and 3 at most can play. That's ridiculous.

TouchdownUSC
06-03-2007, 11:00 PM
haha, i knew when i posted this people were going to get all fired up about how these guys shouldnt all come to USC. funny stuff. anyways, i hear Moody has a bit of a fumbling problem and i know he got knicked up in the oregon game last year and never really saw the field since. I think Moody is the most fun to watch out of all the RBs who were freshman last year, but i think Gable is the most polished out of that group so far (this could change though next year if someone has a breakout year). out of the older guys i definately like Herschel Dennis the best

SuperKevin
06-03-2007, 11:37 PM
I think you're going to see a lot of transfers out of USC in the near future and I think schools like San Diego State and Fresno State will probably reap the benefits of those still trying to stay close to home

DorianSmith
06-03-2007, 11:51 PM
Washington is a great Back!

TouchdownUSC
06-04-2007, 12:32 AM
Washington is a great Back!

I think he'll be number 1 on the depth chart again for some reason, but i think there is a handful of guys better than him

VY10
06-04-2007, 12:30 PM
I don't understand why so many RBs decide to go to USC. If I was them I would rather to go to a school that NEEDS a RB where I could get ample playing time.

TouchdownUSC
06-04-2007, 05:57 PM
USC has a reputation for being Tailback U. Maybe they all want to go there for the coaching and the fact that USC has more heisman tailback winners than any other school. its pretty amazing how well they can recruit

06-04-2007, 09:39 PM
Most SC fans like myself and TouchdownUSC will say Gable and that's who I went with C.J. Gable.

elway777
06-04-2007, 10:03 PM
Chauncey Washington with C.J. close behind. I would say 60/40.

constant cough
06-05-2007, 04:22 PM
McKnight, he's the real deal.

Zyro_1014
06-05-2007, 05:30 PM
Gable has been gettin the most reps at practice. He got the majority of the carries at the end of the year. I personally think that Moody has the most talent but as someone said before he had a little bit of a fumbleling problem last year so that kinda scared Carrol.

Washington will get most of the short yardage stuff. hes a big guy but he also has a fumbling problem so who knows.

Idk about Dennis, he was highly recruited out of high school but he never stayed healthy, i really wanna see him play a ton, and have a good year cuz of all hes been through.

McKnight will get tons of reps i think on 3rd downs and there gonna play him in the slot, very similar to the way they played Reggie.

Marc Tyler who is actually my personal favorite out of all them, i think actually has the most skills but i think there going to redshirt him because of the broken leg he had this past high school season. The guy is seriously in the end zone like every other play. He will be a great back in a couple years.

YAYareaRB
06-05-2007, 09:44 PM
I think they should give Herschel another shot at #1..

BamaFalcon59
06-06-2007, 03:11 PM
Well, that is rediculous and most of them are dumb.

And McKnight should have been smart and went to Ole Miss.

YAYareaRB
06-06-2007, 04:41 PM
Well, that is rediculous and most of them are dumb.

And McKnight should have been smart and went to Ole Miss.

I thought you said he should be smart..

504 to ATL
06-06-2007, 06:26 PM
I think Gable will receive the most carries. I dont think whoever starts at #1 in the beginning of the season will be the best one.

BTW which RB/TB/HF had that gruesome injury where he suffered a compound fracture to his ankle?

DWilliams2IndyColts
06-06-2007, 10:34 PM
You think any guys will try to injured so they can get an injury redshirt?

terman
06-07-2007, 12:34 AM
"BTW which RB/TB/HF had that gruesome injury where he suffered a compound fracture to his ankle?"

Ryan Powdrell, who I missed dearly since he was a sick fullback for the Trojans in those first two games.

As for who's starting, I think it's Washington's to lose and everyone else fighting for table scraps. CJ looks to be the main compliment to Washington and McKnight probably being the versatile back that they put everywhere and everyone else just seeing action here and there.

SuperKevin
06-07-2007, 01:52 AM
You think any guys will try to injured so they can get an injury redshirt?

That's a stupid question. Nobody ever wants to get injured because you roll the dice on an NFL career when you get injured

david81
06-07-2007, 02:43 AM
Gable, it's his to lose.

Michigan
06-07-2007, 06:22 AM
Gable. I think Stafon Johnson is a sleeper in all of this though. Immense talent (not that the others aren't, but still...).

TouchdownUSC
06-07-2007, 11:09 AM
Dude, i went to all the USC home games last year and the Stanford and UCLA games and I only saw Stafon Johnson get one carry in the Stanford game. I hope he gets it together and gets some playing time because he was the number one back we recruited last year and id love to get a chance to see him do some big things

TouchdownUSC
06-07-2007, 11:16 AM
Just to add to things, looks like Marc Tyler is feeling better and ready to roll too. He is saying he hopes he doesnt get asked to redshirt and will be competing for carries this summer. Check it out.

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/news;_ylt=AkUZzBfsLELf8qNV.fYZAy0G1bYF?slug=rivals-129210&prov=rivals&type=lgns

david81
06-07-2007, 01:31 PM
Just to add to things, looks like Marc Tyler is feeling better and ready to roll too. He is saying he hopes he doesnt get asked to redshirt and will be competing for carries this summer. Check it out.

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/news;_ylt=AkUZzBfsLELf8qNV.fYZAy0G1bYF?slug=rivals-129210&prov=rivals&type=lgns

Not sure if I dont want him redshirted... Carroll needs to make some position switches with the RB corps...

Michigan
06-07-2007, 02:08 PM
Dude, i went to all the USC home games last year and the Stanford and UCLA games and I only saw Stafon Johnson get one carry in the Stanford game. I hope he gets it together and gets some playing time because he was the number one back we recruited last year and id love to get a chance to see him do some big things

didn't his lack of PT have something to do with off the field issues / being in coaches doghouse?

TouchdownUSC
06-07-2007, 07:08 PM
I heard Stafon was arrogant and that pissed the coaches off but i also heard he was injured. I dont know what the true story is and why he didnt see more playing time. I know he is talented. He played safety too i believe. maybe they could start incorporating him more into the defensive side of things. Bradford already has been playing Fullback so there have been some position changes. (he still gets carries at HB too) Gable has been doing great at RB from what i hear

soybean
06-07-2007, 09:50 PM
i thought it had something to do with work ethics.

dware_94
06-08-2007, 07:36 PM
speed: McKnight
power: bradford