LarryJohnson27
06-04-2007, 02:08 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2892754

Acreboy
06-04-2007, 02:12 PM
Not looking good at all.

CC.SD
06-04-2007, 02:27 PM
B _ _ _ ... Don't worry he still has to fill in a few letters. They still should've gone defense.

draftguru151
06-04-2007, 02:30 PM
Wow he has a meniscus injury so he is gonna be a bust? Makes a lot of sense. He won't miss much camp if any. You can have meniscus surgery and be back in a month.

LarryJohnson27
06-04-2007, 02:33 PM
Wow he has a meniscus injury so he is gonna be a bust? Makes a lot of sense. He won't miss much camp if any. You can have meniscus surgery and be back in a month.

I totally agree that it isn't a serious injury. I would say that his NFL career han't gotten off to the best start though, but I still think he ends up being a good one.

CC.SD
06-04-2007, 02:36 PM

No of course it doesn't mean he is going to be a bust. It's not even training camp. But it's obvious that having a guy without knee and ankle injuries already is preferable.

BTW there is no secret "HORSE" game that makes a player a bust either.

Auron
06-04-2007, 03:04 PM
I'm hoping it's not a tear, or any serious condition.

but yes between showing up out of shape, spraining the ankle, and this recent problem Meachem has had a rough start in the NFL. Really hope he gets it together.

Mr. Stiller
06-04-2007, 03:11 PM

Yes, but if it's torn enough it could end his career.

Thats what happened to me. I had a lateral meniscus tear in my left knee. It was diagnosed immediately and by the time they had worked on it, They had to remove 75%.

Your meniscus doesn't get enough blood flow to regenerate. It's also like the shock pad between your knee. Now, a lot of times Pro's can come back in a month, but like me, it's rare, but it could be career ending because it gets weaker after you tear it. And in a position that needs a lot of "Cutting" ability, it could cause troubles down the road.

Flyboy
06-04-2007, 04:06 PM
I'm hoping it's not a tear, or any serious condition.

but yes between showing up out of shape, spraining the ankle, and this recent problem Meachem has had a rough start in the NFL. Really hope he gets it together.

Yeah, same here.. we shall see how it plays out.

GiantRutgersFan
06-04-2007, 04:12 PM
Yes, but if it's torn enough it could end his career.

Thats what happened to me. I had a lateral meniscus tear in my left knee. It was diagnosed immediately and by the time they had worked on it, They had to remove 75%.

Your meniscus doesn't get enough blood flow to regenerate. It's also like the shock pad between your knee. Now, a lot of times Pro's can come back in a month, but like me, it's rare, but it could be career ending because it gets weaker after you tear it. And in a position that needs a lot of "Cutting" ability, it could cause troubles down the road.

he hasnt even signed a contract yet right? that would suck for him

Flyboy
06-04-2007, 04:25 PM
Shiver, better not say a damn word. :)

remix 6
06-04-2007, 04:30 PM
hes getting more and more like Chad Jackson :(

1. They both run under 4.37.
2. Similar Size
3. Greatest Hands Competition
4. Injuries before season that could ultimatley keep him off the field

princefielder28
06-04-2007, 04:31 PM
This sucks for the Saints

T-RICH49
06-04-2007, 04:33 PM
wow and to think I wanted the Chiefs to draft him,

Mr. Stiller
06-04-2007, 05:14 PM
he hasnt even signed a contract yet right? that would suck for him

Like I said, odds are that he'll be ok and come back, but still a chance to be a very very serious injury.

If anyone saw "Friday Night Lights" the movie. When Booby Miles came back from the ACL tear and couldn't make a cut or spin move. It's exactly like that, but it can swell the size of an Orange after a game. Pushing off, cuts or the likes will end up making your knee give out because it has no "shock" padding. It's miserable.

Auron
06-04-2007, 05:24 PM
Follow up. ESPN.com (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2892754)

Meachem to have arthroscopic surgery, out 3-4 Weeks.

Saints first-round draft pick Robert Meachem will undergo arthroscopic surgery on his knee Tuesday morning and will be out 3-4 weeks, sources told ESPN.com's Matt Mosley on Monday.

Thankfully this sounds like he'll be back in time for training camp, could've been potentially much worse. Looks like the Saints are going to be very cautious with this.

Flyboy
06-04-2007, 06:20 PM
Yeah, that's not too, too bad. *whew* Hopefully he'll be ready to go by training camp.

iloxygenil
06-05-2007, 12:48 AM
He will not be 100% I gaurentee it. I tore my miniscus and it messed me up for a VERY long time, to the point where even now, if I don't remain active and sit around for a few weeks, then go out and play a couple games of basketball, my knee will swell until it is stiff later that night and early the next morning, it's fine a day later but that could really mess him up, since he'd be going a lot harder than I do in basketball.

SuperKevin
06-05-2007, 01:20 AM
It's a shame that he's starting his NFL career so poorly. I had really high expectations for him this year

BLACKnGOLD
06-05-2007, 06:34 AM

2. Similar Size

Chad Jackson must have been a bum on the practice field when healthy, or the Pats just think he's a ***** because he is always hurt. Because their 2nd round pick from 2006 will have to beat out both playoff starters just to be a 4 or 5 receiver thanks to the free agency signings of Moss, Stallworth, and Welker. Last years two second round picks let injurys really screw their careers so shortly.

Lesson: Meachem you better hope this injury doesn't linger.

Seasonticketholder
06-05-2007, 01:49 PM
Torry Holt had the very same injury. He was able to bounce back. There's a school of thought that says tearing the meniscus actually can benefit a player in that it gives him more flexibility. Now, of course, no one wants to see any guy get injured. But Meachem will be back in three or four weeks. I think he'll be fine.

Mr. Stiller
06-05-2007, 02:03 PM
Torry Holt had the very same injury. He was able to bounce back. There's a school of thought that says tearing the meniscus actually can benefit a player in that it gives him more flexibility. Now, of course, no one wants to see any guy get injured. But Meachem will be back in three or four weeks. I think he'll be fine.

after having it torn, I don't know how anyone could literally say that.

Seasonticketholder
06-05-2007, 02:55 PM
after having it torn, I don't know how anyone could literally say that.

I agree...because after it is torn, everything becomes bone-on-bone. But I do not think that will be the case for Meachem. Sounds as if he just is having a piece cut out. But I have heard some people suggest that tearing the meniscus actually allows more flexibility in the knee.

Xonraider
06-05-2007, 03:19 PM
This is probably the outcome of being out of shape. Not exactly a good way to begin your NFL career.

Seasonticketholder
06-05-2007, 03:47 PM
This is probably the outcome of being out of shape. Not exactly a good way to begin your NFL career.

Not true. The condition was preexisting.

soybean
06-06-2007, 01:34 AM

2. Similar Size

guess who he is compared to on the front page player comparison?

go figure.

Flyboy
06-06-2007, 02:06 PM
"They repaired some meniscus and the procedure went real well," Payton said of Meachem's surgery. "The approach we've taken, and I mentioned this two days ago, was to be smart about it and it was something we felt like we could have managed it. At the same time, with the soreness he had, we felt it would be better to go in and clean it up. Coming away from that scope, the doctors felt real good about it.

"From a rehabilitation standpoint, the time frame we're looking at is real conducive to getting him back for camp so he doesn't miss any time at all."

Some info. on how the procedure went.