PDA

View Full Version : 2014 Canes

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

draftguru151
06-04-2007, 07:41 PM
Well I'm bored and it's the offseason so lets discuss the Miami Hurricanes. :)

Predictions for next season. 8-4, losses to Oklahoma, TAMU, and 2 of 3 with FSU, VT and BC. That's if our QB can play decently. If they are bad 5 or 6 losses is a possibility. If the QB plays above decent I think 2 losses and a ACC championship is very realistic.

The freshmen that I think will make an impact are Graig Cooper, Doug Wiggins, DVD and one of the WRs, either Hankerson or the JUCO transfer. I really can't wait to see Cooper in action. All the Hester talk is getting me excited.

DJP's UM blog. http://umhurricanes.blogspot.com/

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
06-04-2007, 10:01 PM
I think that if Javarris James has a huge game in week 1 that the Canes could shock the Sooners.

-black
06-04-2007, 10:59 PM
prediction

0-12

TigerBait45
06-04-2007, 11:29 PM
8-4 seems pretty good. That defense will carry the team just like last year.

If the QB plays even ok they could be really good, but we'll see.

DorianSmith
06-05-2007, 12:01 AM
prediction

0-12

lol agreed they will lose alot of games i think the same type of year as last year....... a bad one.

-Kyle wright is horrible at QB so i dont expect much from them!

jbeans187
06-05-2007, 12:05 AM
prediction

0-12

They have 18 returning starters, no way they will have another bad season 8-4 at worst. The qbs are awful but they will have an amazing ground game and a nasty defense

Sniper
06-05-2007, 01:54 AM
lol agreed they will lose alot of games i think the same type of year as last year....... a bad one.

-Kyle wright is horrible at QB so i dont expect much from them!

Don't need no damn QB with J. James there. He's good enough for 6-7 wins

Jelephant87
06-05-2007, 10:08 AM
I don't think the QB play can be worse than last year to tell you the truth. The defense will be just as good, the ground game will be better, the receiving corps will be better in my opinion as well. I say they go 9-3.

How much of a chance are you guys giving them against Oklahoma?

-black
06-05-2007, 11:38 AM
I honestly think Miami will beat Oklahoma

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
06-05-2007, 12:11 PM
They should be able to get by with the running game. James and Cooper will be very good this year. The defense will be stacked as always, but QB play will be the downfall. I think Robert Marve will start atleast once this year.

I say they finish top 4 in the ACC.

draftguru151
06-05-2007, 12:22 PM
I think if the starting QB can play mistake free football and play decently we can win, but if Wright gets sacked 6 times and throws 2 ints we have no chance. That's one thing I like about Freeman over Wright is that he didn't hold on to the ball to long and could run if need be, even though the OL was somewhat bad Wright held onto the ball way too long last year and tried to run too much.

I don't think our ground game is that dominant that it can overcome the passing game. We have 2 guys that can be great backs but the OL looked very average in the spring game. It was a mixed unit with injuries though. It can be a good unit but it still worries me.

WarOnTheShore
06-05-2007, 12:54 PM
8-4 sounds about right, but their schedule is pretty rough. I don't think they'll beat Oklahoma, but that Texas A&M game should be really entertaining.

djp
06-05-2007, 01:19 PM
They'll go as far as Nix and Wright can take them... all signs have pointed to improvement but I can't see them going 12-0 or 11-1 or anything. I would probably guess 10-2 or more realistically, 9-3. This team is VERY, very talented.

RonnieRun23
06-05-2007, 03:09 PM
i'm gonna agree with 10-2, 9-3. I think our offensive line is gonna be much better than it was last year. Jason Fox, hopefully, will continue to be beastly, and Youngblood should finally live up to his billing. We finally got rid of that bum Wollschlager, so i think we should be much better.

I'm not sure where i stand on the kyle wright v. kirby freeman debate. From all signs, Robert Marve has been excellent, and he's really grasping the playbook well and he's shown to be a weight room freak. I want to see him start next year though, because i just don't want to have to go through the growing pains with him this year. I would like to see Kyle Wright win the starting job, i guess, that way there won't be a controversy between Marve and Freeman next year if Kirby wins. If Wright wins though, i want to see Marve as the #2, that way he can actually get some meaningful playing time. BTW, the guy from sunshinepreps has said that Marve is the best prospect from Florida that he's seen since he's been scouting. :O VERY high praise.

On players coming in that i think can have an impact, definitely Cooper and Farquharson. Our lack of depth should mean that farq should get some minutes. I'd like to see Leggett and Shields starting, Jenkins playing the slot, and have Jones and Farq spell them. I really want to see LL take the next step, and actually catch the ball this year, and not get scared of the hit.

I don't think DVD and Wiggins are going to get much playing time this year at corner, but i think they're going to make their mark on special teams, especially DVD.

Who do you guys want from high school? I gotta say my favorite prospect is Aldarius Johnson. He's the best wide reciever prospect from SoFla in a while. Forston seems like a lock, he's a beast. Pretty much all of Northwestern are beasts. And how 'bout PJ? This kid reminds me of Chris McAlister, he has amazing technique and size for his age. Brandon Harris is another good one. Corey Liuget is great. Etienne Sabino. Really a great year for recruiting.

On defense, Campbell and Phillips are going to be the leaders. McCarthy has been playing LIGHTS OUT. I really want to see him starting in the middle this year. T-Good is solid. And he's a decent rapper too http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/forum/images/icons/icon12.gif
Wink . Eric Moncur is someone who is going to have to step up to take some pressure off of CC. Dixon needs to take up blockers, and TMAC needs to play like he did in the spring game.

I'm very excited for college football this upcoming season. We have a couple of big-time games that could show the nation that the U is back. Shannon is gonna bring us back to glory.

draftguru151
06-05-2007, 05:10 PM
One of the main guys I wanted was Patrick Johnson. He is such a great athlete and has fantastic ball skills, something our DBs have been severely lacking. Definitely want to get the NW boys in here too. Not that familiar with a lot of the other guys yet.

Wiggins looked very good in spring and even though we are deep at CB I think he could see some spot in nickel through out the year. DVD and Cooper will definitely help out the return game, last year I was happy if they didn't fumble the punt, I expect a few TDs this year.

I loved McCarthy in the spring game. He was everywhere. I really want to see him, Gooden and Cook starting. I was a bit worried about the DTs but McCray, Dixon and even Holmes and Hendricks looked very good in the spring game.

Man I can't wait for the season to start, very excited about next season.

draftguru151
06-05-2007, 07:03 PM
I just realized Cooper is going to wear #2. Him and James wearing #5, man I wouldn't mind seeing something like this. :)

http://www.sportsmed.buffalo.edu/mcgahee.jpg

http://espn.go.com/media/pg2/2001/0817/photo/s_edgerrin_i.jpg

ricky bobby
06-05-2007, 07:16 PM
Any prospects that will be 1st day picks next year other then Kenny Phillips and Calais Campbell?

fenikz
06-05-2007, 07:22 PM
i have them at the very least going 9-3 but im expecting big things

draftguru151
06-05-2007, 08:48 PM
Any prospects that will be 1st day picks next year other then Kenny Phillips and Calais Campbell?

LB Tavares Gooden is a very good SLB prospect. 1st day is realistic for him. DT Teraz McCray if he can stay healthy. Lance Leggett is a possibility.

JeffSamardzijaIRISH
06-05-2007, 09:26 PM
This Miami team is kinda similar to the Baltimore Ravens of a few years ago. Struggling offense, namely the passing game, good running game, and a lights-out defense.

RonnieRun23
06-06-2007, 03:08 PM
Thearon Collier de-committed from Auburn and commits to Miami. He's a 5'9'', 165 pound WR from Booker T. Washington. He's not extremely fast, but he's very quick. Poor man's Devin Hester or Roscoe Parrish. 3, possible 4 star.

-black
06-06-2007, 04:52 PM
LB Tavares Gooden is a very good SLB prospect. 1st day is realistic for him. DT Teraz McCray if he can stay healthy. Lance Leggett is a possibility.

certainly not a strong possibility

draftguru151
06-06-2007, 05:55 PM
certainly not a strong possibility

Best chance of any offense player we have this year. He has the tools and has shown them before, he just needs to stay healthy and be consistent, which really depends on the QB.

ricky bobby
06-06-2007, 06:28 PM
Best chance of any offense player we have this year. He has the tools and has shown them before, he just needs to stay healthy and be consistent, which really depends on the QB.
Is he the 6'6" one, or am I confusing him with somebody else?

draftguru151
06-06-2007, 06:29 PM
He is 6-3.

Wow, Sam Shields ran a 4.26, fastest on the team.

fenikz
06-06-2007, 06:33 PM
whats a good site, that lists & tells about our prospects

that i don't have to pay for

its probally against the rules so juts pm me

-black
06-06-2007, 06:33 PM
Is he the 6'6" one, or am I confusing him with somebody else?

maybe confusing him with Greg Carr??

RonnieRun23
06-07-2007, 01:31 PM
Jordan Futch committed yesterday.
6'4'', very athletic linebacker
Rivals 100 player.

-black
06-07-2007, 02:24 PM
FSU will have the best LB class in the country :)

HoopsDemon12
06-07-2007, 03:45 PM
i really think all they need is decent quaterback play... and they will do very well this season, strong defense + hopefully above average offense = 10-2
strong defense + last years offense = 8-4 at worst

Geomar
06-08-2007, 03:11 PM
I honestly think Miami will beat Oklahoma

finally an fsu fan that agrees with us

ENIGMATIC 1
06-09-2007, 07:20 PM
Anybody think Lance Legget will step up this year? He seems to have alot of upside but just can't get it together.

-black
06-09-2007, 11:12 PM
Anybody think Lance Legget will step up this year? He seems to have alot of upside but just can't get it together.

no.........

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
06-09-2007, 11:16 PM
12-0!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-black
06-09-2007, 11:25 PM
0-12!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i agree.......

draftguru151
06-09-2007, 11:27 PM
Well I watched the spring game again, 2 things I noticed, Campbell has no idea what an inside move is, and Andrew Bain is terrible.

-black
06-09-2007, 11:32 PM
Wasnt Bain one of your better blockers last season (not that its saying much)

whats your take on Youngblood?

draftguru151
06-09-2007, 11:38 PM
Bain was our worst starter last year.

Youngblood at times looks very good. He had quite a few injuries last year that really hurt him though. He looked pretty good in the spring game, I think he will do very well at RT this year. I'm not worried about our OTs at all.

djp
06-11-2007, 10:42 AM
Lance Leggett is 6-4 7/8.

draftguru151
06-11-2007, 10:50 AM
Do you have a link to that because every where I see him listed as 6-3?

draftguru151
06-14-2007, 11:29 PM
Who do you guys think will start at LB? I've seen some places listing McCarthy over Gooden at SLB but that really wouldn't make much sense to me. Adkins never really impressed me and I hope he doesn't end up starting. I'd like to see Cook, Gooden and McCarthy start with Adkins and Sharpton rotating in.

Phrost
06-14-2007, 11:44 PM
How Miami manages to pull so much talent despite all of their bad publicity and terribleness of late surprises me.

draftguru151
06-15-2007, 12:11 AM
Terribleness? We had one 7-6 season and a few 9 win seasons. It's definitely not normal Miami, but it still isn't terrible, and it's still Miami so people will come here.

RonnieRun23
06-15-2007, 12:06 PM
Yeah, we haven't really been terrible, aside form last season. We had a couple of disappointing seasons with 9 wins. Not many teams in college football call a 9-win season disappointing.

Who do you guys think is going to break out this year?

Offense: Hopefully one of the qbs, Sam Shields, maybe Farr

Defense: Josh Holmes will probably be part of the rotation, Glenn Sharpe hopefully, and Colin McCarthy.

Btw, there have been talks that Orlando Franklin is going to get a lot of time at guard in order to get the 5 best players on the field at the same time. I hope he takes Bain's spot. He was the one getting all the attention last year instead of Fox, but he didn't get the grades, and then Fox went on to have a great season.

draftguru151
06-15-2007, 12:55 PM
Yea I saw something about Franklin on rivals but my account ran out. :(

I wouldn't mind getting someone other than Bain in there, be it Rutledge or Franklin, I'd much rather have Trump in there at center with Morse at OG than Bain playing.

As for the break out guys, if the QB does well I can definitely see Shield breaking out, Farr as well. Farr is very physically impressive.

For defense I think at least one of the LBs will have a huge year (McCarthy, Cook), and I think Teraz McCray will have a big year. Steven Wesley is a young DE that impressed in spring, hopefully he can have some type of impact.

duckseason
06-15-2007, 01:16 PM
ESPN Clizassic is showing James, Moss, Wayne, Reed, Morgan, etc.. against VaTech in '98
Ooh, they just blocked the punt. Looks like #2 blocked it and Reed recovered. They said it was their 4th blocked kick of the season and this was the 3rd game. haha. I don't even remember watching this game. Don't tell me who wins.

RonnieRun23
06-18-2007, 09:54 AM
Aldarius Johnson is expected to commit here before the end of the week. HUGE get for us, in my opinion he's the best player in Florida this year, and the best WR since Andre Johnson. He's from Miami Northwestern, i hope we get all the MNW kids.

draftguru151
06-18-2007, 09:58 AM
Definitely would not mind bringing in all the Northwestern guys. Hopefully Harris can get all his boys in here.

draftguru151
06-19-2007, 05:15 PM
How much do you think Cooper will be used this year? I was disappointed he got hurt before the spring game though, really wanted to see him in action. I hope he brings a spark that the offense has been lacking.

-black
06-19-2007, 07:14 PM
^ that spark needs to come from your OL, WR core, and QB.....

BigJohn98
06-20-2007, 10:38 PM
How dissapointed have you Cane fans been with Lance Leggett?

And I know he isn't on the team anymore, but how dissapointed were you guys with Ryan Moore?

YAYareaRB
06-20-2007, 10:51 PM
How dissapointed have you Cane fans been with Lance Leggett?

And I know he isn't on the team anymore, but how dissapointed were you guys with Ryan Moore?

Really disappointed.. They haven't lived up to their hype they had coming out of High School. Though, we must cut them some slack.. Kyle and Kirby are QBs.

-black
06-20-2007, 11:07 PM
considering people were mentioning Legett in the same sentence as Moss, im sure Cane fans are pissed

TACKLE
06-20-2007, 11:10 PM
FSU will have the best LB class in the country :)

Not better than USC.

Jericho@SC
06-21-2007, 12:07 AM
Not better than USC.

I think he was talking about recruiting, which in that case is likely.

However, if USC lands Arthur Brown and a few other LB's, watch out.

YAYareaRB
06-21-2007, 12:11 AM
USC will have a sick Defense next year.. They got depth in pretty much each position.

TACKLE
06-21-2007, 12:09 PM
I think he was talking about recruiting, which in that case is likely.

However, if USC lands Arthur Brown and a few other LB's, watch out.

My bad. I read it wrong. I hate to say it but -black might me right. Nigel Bradham is a beast.

PoopSandwich
06-21-2007, 12:15 PM
I'm gonna try to watch the Canes all of this year just because my boy K2 went there and I like Kenny Phillips and want to see what all the hype about Calias is.

YAYareaRB
06-21-2007, 10:18 PM
Calais Campbell will be a BEAST next year. Kenny Phillips needs to live up to the hype of this upcoming season. Right now, I have him as the #1 Safety this year, hopefully he plays the part.

BigJohn98
06-21-2007, 10:32 PM
You guys talk so highly of Graig Cooper. Is he the real deal?

This goes to show how much I pay attention to Miami. Haha.

draftguru151
07-05-2007, 11:48 PM
You guys talk so highly of Graig Cooper. Is he the real deal?

This goes to show how much I pay attention to Miami. Haha.

He was tearing up spring practice with big run after big run. True freshman and there were already packages being made just for him. Every time they ask a player about him they all say Devin Hester. I really can't wait to see him play next year.

The Great Jonathan Vilma sent me this, one of my best UM memories.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=b7lPTu8Gwvc&mode=related&search=

Sniper
07-06-2007, 12:18 AM
He was tearing up spring practice with big run after big run. True freshman and there were already packages being made just for him. Every time they ask a player about him they all say Devin Hester. I really can't wait to see him play next year.

Sweet video, I throughly enjoyed it. I think I saw Hester on the opening kickoff because they said his name, but after that all I saw was this blur flying past people. Goddamn he's fast.

draftguru151
07-06-2007, 12:20 AM
Yea, his in Sean Taylor's returns were sick. Taylor was just running through people.

Sniper
07-06-2007, 02:29 AM
Oh God I thought Taylor was down 3-4 times and every time he found a way to stay on his feet. Incredible leg strength and balance.

BigJohn98
07-06-2007, 08:31 AM

That video reminds me of Florida's Choke at Doak. That was a great game. It's a shame Florida won't schedule the Canes yearly. They'd rather play a weak OOC schedule where they never leave the state. They haven't left the state for an OOC game in 15 years.

remix 6
07-06-2007, 08:43 AM
who were your favorite Offensive and defensive Hurricanes? I really like so many of them but favorites:

O: Portis/Johnson
D: Williams/Taylor

my overall favorite was definatley Sean Tay.

current favorite has to be Kenny Phillips.

hell..since theres a nole fan here..i'll let him know i really like Greg Jones, Boldin and Sims.

BigJohn98
07-06-2007, 08:49 AM
Oh, so you like the guy who trucked Sean Taylor in the Orange Bowl?:D

Anyways, some of my fav. Canes are: DJ Williams, Sinorice Moss, Sean Taylor(except when he kept pickin Chris Rix off:mad: ). I was NOT a fan of Kellen Winslow.

draftguru151
07-06-2007, 09:08 AM
Don't make me get the video of the rain game. :P

remix 6
07-06-2007, 09:23 AM
Oh, so you like the guy who trucked Sean Taylor in the Orange Bowl?:D

Anyways, some of my fav. Canes are: DJ Williams, Sinorice Moss, Sean Taylor(except when he kept pickin Chris Rix off:mad: ). I was NOT a fan of Kellen Winslow.

na na na. i like the guy who destroyed Dexter Reid and killed the clemson D. the big, strong, muscular bulldozer

remix 6
07-06-2007, 09:24 AM

was that the 1 where Taylor had that crazy pick. also forget..is that the same game where Stanford Samuel killed little Roscoe ?

BigJohn98
07-06-2007, 09:29 AM
was that the 1 where Taylor had that crazy pick. also forget..is that the same game where Stanford Samuel killed little Roscoe ?

Yep, that was Stanford Samuel's on shining moment while he was in Tallahassee.

That game also proved that Rix had surpassed dumbass stage, and ascended to a monumental dumbass.

draftguru151
07-06-2007, 09:30 AM
He had 2 INTs, one for a TD, a FR and a sack, as well as some other stuff.

And yea it's the same game Roscoe got destroyed.

SuperKevin
07-06-2007, 09:38 AM
My favorite Canes player was OG Tyler McMeans because he was a former US Marine

draftguru151
07-06-2007, 09:42 AM
Ha, McMeans was pretty good, moved pretty well and he was huge.

YAYareaRB
07-06-2007, 11:06 AM
My favorite Canes are Sean Taylor, DJ Williams, Trill Vil, Santana Moss, Jeremy Shockey, Brandon Meriweather, Frank Gore, Portis and Antrel Rolle.

Favorite Noles are Anquan Boldin, The Bpulwares, Derrick Brooks, Lee Corso, Ernie Sims AND OF COURSE RANDY MOSS.. lol ;)

RonnieRun23
07-06-2007, 12:09 PM
Offense: Ken Dorsey, Clinton Portis, Andre Johnson, Santana Moss, Roscoe, Sinorice, Shockey, WINSLOW, Wayne, Romberg, Hester, Gore, and of the old-school guys that i've seen videos of: Irvin, Lamar Thomas, Thrill Hill, Kosar, Walsh!, Edge, Bratton, and Eddie Brown.

Defense: Taylor, Vilma, Wilfork, DJ, Reed, Morgan, Jennings, D. Lewis, Rumph, Sikes, W. Joseph, and then my favorite Cane Barrow, Sapp, Ro Marley, Ray Ray, Armstead, Maryland, Kennedy, Brown, Blades,

ahh. My favorite canes now are obviously Phillips and Campbell, but i also love Shields, Sharpton, RP, Baby J, and Sharpe.

My favorite Seminoles were Greg Jones, Peter Warrick, Charlie Ward, and of course, the Great Chris Rix.

What team do you guys hate the most? For me, it's tough between Florida and Notre Dame. But I have to give the edge to the Gators. Btw i found this on another site, about Notre Dame. I thought it was hilarious.

Bud Light Presents, "Real Men of Genius" (Reaaaaal Men Of Genius)

Today we salute you, Mr. Delusional Notre Dame Fan. (Mr. Delusional Notre Dame Faaaaaan!) Season after season, year after year, you try to justify your absurdly high preseason ranking. (Clutching at straws!) You scramble to make futile attempts at damage control when the Irish lose to a grossly inferior opponent (How'd Navy score fifty fouuuuuur?) Inevitably, you'll bring up the past, and boast of National Championships won 40 years before you were born. (Those were the daaaaaays!) You will point out that you have more wins than any other program as though that is relevant to the current season. (Been playing since the 1870s!) Go on, ignore that home loss to your archrivals in the regular season finale and continue to believe that you'll defeat your bowl opponent with striking ease. (We'll win by thirteeeeeeey!) So crack open an ice cold Bud Light, oh Emperor of Excuses, and take comfort knowing that when you don't finish in the top 25, you'll be back to number three when the preseason polls come out next year. (Mr.Delusional Notre Dame Fan!)

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
07-06-2007, 02:14 PM
I would suggest two more names from the 80's to everyones favorite Canes' list. Alonzo Highsmith and the late Jerome Brown.

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
07-06-2007, 02:32 PM
Also here is a pretty cool Miami video:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=3nTKwwJ8i3Q&mode=related&search=

draftguru151
07-06-2007, 02:51 PM
Definitely Florida. I can't stand the entire University, especially the football team. OSU isn't far behind.

BigJohn98
07-06-2007, 03:07 PM
I have a lot of respect for Miami(except during the game). They owned us for six years and they have the edge in the series. I can not stand Florida at all. I have no respect for their team of fans. They are the biggest ***holes known to man. You can't argue with their fans because they can't hold a reasonable convo. I would say more, but I'm too lazy to type it all.

RonnieRun23
07-06-2007, 03:30 PM
I respect florida st. too, because they're kinda like us..minus the championships. haha just kidding you guys are cool and have good fans. But Gator homers are incredible. We own them for 20 years, they refuse to play us, and then act as if they're the best team ever last year. I can't wait 'til next year when we play them. It's going to be so sweet when we murder them.

remix 6
07-06-2007, 05:05 PM
i respect FSU to a certain extent. i like a lot of their players. like Miami..they produce a lot of great talent. Oh .. and Rolle is a beast. wish Miami was his home instead

Draft King
07-06-2007, 05:16 PM
After seeing that 'Canes/Florida comeback game, I'm just wondering, what happened to Beard the reciever. He seemed like a playmaker from what I saw but I've never seen or heard of him before prior to this.

Sniper
07-06-2007, 05:22 PM
i respect FSU to a certain extent. i like a lot of their players. like Miami..they produce a lot of great talent. Oh .. and Rolle is a beast. wish Michigan was his home instead

Yeah, me too ;)

On a different note, I don't get to watch too many Canes games but I really liked Javarris James last year and I enjoyed watching Greg Olsen. Merriweather was a ton of fun to watch too. I'm still waiting to see when all the hype around Lance Leggett is gonna turn into production.

PACKmanN
07-06-2007, 06:54 PM
Wasn't Bubba Franks any good with Miami?

remix 6
07-06-2007, 06:59 PM
Wasn't Bubba Franks any good with Miami?

yes sirrrrr

he was a TD machine if i remember. also had a lot of nice highlight catches

BigJohn98
07-06-2007, 10:01 PM

You mean this one?:D

http://youtube.com/watch?v=-2JJb6klFiY

Jhawk386
07-07-2007, 10:23 PM
Miami just got commitments from LB's Ramon Buchanon and Lerentee McCray.

Studs. 4 *'s on Rivals

draftguru151
07-08-2007, 01:15 PM
Really nice recruiting class so far as long as Johnson stays.

I just realized the TAMU game is a Thursday night game. That should be pretty sweet.

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
07-08-2007, 01:18 PM
Any chance Marve sees some time this year?

Or are they planning on redshirting him?

draftguru151
07-08-2007, 01:31 PM
Depends on how he does in summer. He definitely will be in the competition. The starting QB job is still wide open and from what I've read they plan to include Marve.

elway777
07-08-2007, 01:43 PM
Patrick Johnson <3

draftguru151
07-08-2007, 01:50 PM
Patrick Johnson <3

GTFO USC boy, he's ours.

elway777
07-08-2007, 02:15 PM
GTFO USC boy, he's ours.

We gave you Josh Tatum though...

BTW has Josh told Shannon yet?

Vikes99ej
07-09-2007, 09:36 AM
Is Randy Phillips any good?

draftguru151
07-09-2007, 09:41 AM
He's alright and looked good in spring. If there's a weak link on the defense it's the CBs as of now though. It's a very deep group after Sharpe and Phillips, but hopefully someone steps up from either the older guys (Johnson, Armour) or the younger guys (Grant, DVD, Wiggins).

Vikes99ej
07-09-2007, 09:43 AM
I looked at the Canes offensive line depth chart, and it said Jason Fox is 6'6 265. I wonder if he's put on any more weight. He seems pretty athletic.

draftguru151
07-09-2007, 09:48 AM
That's what he played at last season so I'm sure he's put on some weight. He was injured all of spring though so I didn't get to see him and see if he got bigger.

Vikes99ej
07-09-2007, 09:50 AM
Do you think Calais will measure 6'8 at the combine?

draftguru151
07-09-2007, 09:52 AM
If not 6-8 a high 6-7. He won't show up and be 6-5 like Kiwanuka.

jbeans187
07-09-2007, 03:16 PM
Whats the deal with kayne farquharson? I thought he would be an impact player right away, in the rivals miami preview they didnt even mention him, but they talk about shields and legget. Did i miss something?

draftguru151
07-09-2007, 04:45 PM
Well he isn't going to start. The top 3 are Leggett, Shields and Jenkins. He should contribute but I'm not even sure he'll beat out Khalil Jones for the #4 spot.

Jhawk386
07-10-2007, 12:11 AM
Jermaine McKenzie has been tearing it up so far in practice.

jbeans187
07-10-2007, 12:41 AM
Well he isn't going to start. The top 3 are Leggett, Shields and Jenkins. He should contribute but I'm not even sure he'll beat out Khalil Jones for the #4 spot.

Man i thought he would be the 2nd or 3rd wr. He was the top cc prospect, he has 2 years of eligibility left right?

Geomar
07-13-2007, 08:34 AM
hey guess what go to hurricanesports.cstv.com and check the football roster they updated it yesterday look at kenny phillips first u wont believe it but he is much stronger

Kenny Phillips

6"2
211 pounds

they dont have all the freshmen yet but they have cooper and wiggins.

Baby j has bulked up more and i watched the scrimmage that was at the OB and he looks much faster. i am not kidding

Baby J
6"0
210 pounds

Calais Campbell was 282 pounds at the scrimmage but he shedded of 2 pounds and i heard on scout his swim move is better and he is a little bit faster

Calais Campbell
6"8
280 pounds

Darnell jenkins cut off his dreads and i heard something that him and shields and leggett will probably be sharing time on the field so i think that will give the chance for jones and farquharson and hill to come off the bench and give a little playing time for mckenzie.

they will probably have an offense that has a 3 WR set with the option to have a tight end on the play or a fullback
they will probably use the one with the TE and sometimes the fullback.

i think barry and wiggins might redshirt this year because so far from what i have read johnson and grant are gonna be sharing time at the nickel like last year and carlos armour is in the mix wit that nickel position but he will probably play dime.

Reddick tore his acl and wont play this year it is official i read it on his profile hurricansports.cstv.com

Geomar
07-13-2007, 08:54 AM
now this injury will now bring in the guy i have been waiting too see he has a lot of potential possibly the next taylor with his body size he can play corner and safety his name is tervaris johnson they used him very little last year but now he is gonna be a key player off the bench for the safety position along with willie cooper

T. Johnson S/CB
6"2
226 pounds
Sophomore

Geomar
07-13-2007, 09:05 AM
guess what in our next class we have a soft verbal on the second best Corner patrick johnson

draftguru151
07-13-2007, 09:07 AM
Stop posting, most of what you are posting is either old information or useless.

Geomar
07-13-2007, 09:45 AM
hey man im jus trying to give a lil update do u know when scott will have the prospects for 08 ready.
some of my info is from yesterday or from the last 15 days.

draftguru151
07-13-2007, 09:55 AM
August 6th.

Geomar
07-13-2007, 10:35 AM
whats august 6th.

Wootylicous
07-13-2007, 10:35 AM
whats august 6th.

The response of your question

draftguru151
07-13-2007, 10:36 AM
That's when he will have the prospects for 08 up.

Geomar
07-13-2007, 10:50 AM
gracias
that means thank u

Geomar
07-13-2007, 10:57 AM
one last thing miami is not in the top 25 for ncaa football 08 they are #29, but i think everybody knows they are ranked #20 in rivals.com

elway777
07-14-2007, 09:14 PM
I think everybody already knows everything you post.

Geomar
07-15-2007, 09:49 AM
I think everybody already knows everything you post.

i dont think everyone knew about the update of the site

badgerbacker
07-15-2007, 10:17 PM
i dont think everyone knew about the update of the site

Actually, there is a big announcement at the top of every page in the forums that states that information. Anyway, I don't get much Miami news up here in Wisconsin... is Kyle Wright looking any better this year?

Jhawk386
07-15-2007, 10:46 PM
4* LB Marcus Robinson to the Canes

draftguru151
07-15-2007, 11:24 PM
4th 4 star LB that's committed so far.

And no, not really, Wright looks just about the same.

Geo
07-16-2007, 02:13 AM
I just realized the TAMU game is a Thursday night game. That should be pretty sweet.
Agreed, I love a good TNCF game.

draftguru151
07-16-2007, 08:44 PM
Robert Marve and Colin McCarthy were injured in a car crash when Jermaine McKenzie was driving and fell sleep at the wheel. McCarthy and McKenzie are fine but Marve injured his left hand, wrist and ring finger. He'll likely have to have surgery.

http://www.miamiherald.com/606/story/172204.html

-black
07-16-2007, 09:14 PM
Yep, that was Stanford Samuel's on shining moment while he was in Tallahassee.

That game also proved that Rix had surpassed dumbass stage, and ascended to a monumental dumbass.

we had plenty of chances to get back into the game. I recall either Sam, or Thrope dropping a TD pass that would have put us right back in the game...

I blame the rix development on Jeff. If we had a capable OC and QB coach, Rix would have been a 4 year All ACC type player (was an All ACC type player twice even with all of his criticism)...he had some great moments, but will always be remembered for his mistakes and lack of maturation/development

TCU
07-16-2007, 10:16 PM
Robert Marve and Colin McCarthy were injured in a car crash when Jermaine McKenzie was driving and fell sleep at the wheel. McCarthy and McKenzie are fine but Marve injured his left hand, wrist and ring finger. He'll likely have to have surgery.

http://www.miamiherald.com/606/story/172204.html

man i was so pissed when i heard this news today, last week i was hanging out with Marve and McKenzie, two of the nicest guys. That just shocked me because i actually know them.

and also on another note, i am a canes fan now so ill be around this thread.

Jhawk386
07-17-2007, 08:07 PM
Booker T. WR Davon Johnson to the Canes today.

3*, runs a supposed 4.33

Couple insiders on a Miami board say to expect WR's Aldarius Johnson, Tommy Streeter, and Travis Benjamin in the upcoming week(s).

Jhawk386
07-27-2007, 03:13 PM
Aldarius Johnson and Marcus Forston to the Canes. Yea buddy.

draftguru151
07-27-2007, 03:23 PM
The recruiting class looks great so far.

RonnieRun23
07-30-2007, 08:04 PM
James Bryant transferred to Louisville.

Josh Tatum is coming to Miami. He's gonna sit out a year and be a R-SO next year, so he'll have 3 to play 3.

draftguru151
07-30-2007, 11:22 PM
I hope Bryant can stay out of trouble, was a very impressive player, would have liked him lead blocking this year but oh well.

jbeans187
07-31-2007, 01:53 AM
I hope Tatum does well

YAYareaRB
07-31-2007, 11:24 AM
I hope Tatum does well

Tatum came from my high school. I hope he does well as well. I hope I can follow in his footsteps..

draftguru151
07-31-2007, 01:48 PM
Just updating the roster projections.

QB- Kyle Wright- Just barely gets the job over Freeman.
RB- Javarris James- James should be the workhorse with Graig Cooper being the x factor here. Both will be on the field at the same time and Cooper will play WR as well.
FB/H-B- Chris Zellner- Mabry should see some time as a blocking FB, but Zellner will get most of the snaps.
SE- Sam Shields- Darnell Jenkins may start here but he is a bit of a question mark coming off the injury and missing spring.
FL- Lance Leggett- Was having a big spring before the injury.
TE- DajLeon Farr- Another position that will rotate, Zellner will see some time here as well as Dedrick Epps and Richard Gordon.
LT- Jason Fox- Best OL last year, hopefully injuries will heal quickly.
LG- Andrew Bain- Orlando Franklin may take this spot.
C- AJ Trump- Morse was tried here but looks like Trump might get the job.
RG- Derrick Morse- Could start here or center, but he will definitely be a starter.
RT- Reggie Youngblood- Really needs to step up, been a disappointment.

DE- Calais Campbell- Stud of the defense, should have a big year, Steven Wesley should see the field as well here.
DT- Teraz McCray- The interior worried me a bit until what I saw from the spring game, this guy is a beast. Hendricks will be in the rotation
DT- Antonio Dixon- Huge guy inside, will rotate with Holmes.
DE- Eric Moncur- Started a few games last year, got some good pressure on the QB, back up Franklin is pretty good. Harris will rotate in as well.
WLB- Colin McCarthy- Guy is a stud, Adkins will see time.
MLB- Glenn Cook- Darryl Sharpton will compete here.
SLB- Tavares Gooden- Adkins or McCarthy could end up here.
CB- Glenn Sharpe- Needs to step up and be the #1 CB.
CB- Randy Phillips- Had a rough year last year, Bruce Johnson will push for his job.
NB- Chavez Grant- Wiggins will push him here but Grant should come out on top.
S- Kenny Phillips- Leader of the secondary.
S- Lovon Ponder- Due to Reddick's injury Ponder will definitely start.

Vikes99ej
07-31-2007, 02:26 PM
I was hearing rumors that Richard Gordon was getting looks on the DL.

draftguru151
07-31-2007, 02:39 PM
He played their in spring but was moved back to tight end recently.

Jhawk386
08-01-2007, 12:05 AM
Guru, I think Sharpton gets the nod for MIKE. Barrow really, really likes him.

My guess for the backers is:

MIKE: Sharp
WILL: Cook
SAM: Gooden

Eventually I think Colin will take Cook's spot. JMO.

draftguru151
08-01-2007, 12:23 AM
Sharpton may very well end up a starter, but I don't see how they can keep the knowledge of Cook and Gooden off of the field or the talent of McCarthy. I think Gooden may actually end up the odd man out and will likely be the top back up. The LBs always rotate so even if a guy doesn't end up starting he'll see the field a lot. Cook always looks the best at MLB and he is definitely the smartest LB and I don't see Sharpton doing very well at OLB. I'm sure the coaches will find the best rotation of LBs by the start of the season.

Finsfan79
08-03-2007, 07:53 AM
You think Kyle keeps it over Freeman? I keep thinking the opposite personally.

I heard that Tatum got turned down by us to come here? Anyone able to confirm if he is indeed transfering?

Anyone have any thoughts about most likely moving to JRS instead of the Orange bowl? I will miss that hell hole. It may stink, no parking, afraid to use the restrooms, etc etc and be even falling apart. But, there is no place that when packed can cause a better homefield advantage then there, place is more loud and opposing then anywhere I have been.

draftguru151
08-03-2007, 09:23 AM
Yea, the history behind the Orange Bowl is the only thing even keeping it in consideration. It's probably one of the worst stadiums in the country. Though going there for a game was always 100 times better than Dolphins stadium (lol Joe Robbie). The biggest concern I see with it is the distance from the school and students getting to games.

As for Kirby and Kyle, it's still 50/50 but Kyle looked much better out of the two throwing the ball in the Spring game. I think his seniority as well as experience will give him a slight edge over Kirby.

RonnieRun23
08-03-2007, 11:58 AM
I want Kyle to start. He looked better in the spring game than Kirby.

There's no word on Tatum yet. Miami-Herald reported that he was on-campus and it was confirmed, but there hasn't been any official news on whether Randy accepted him.

Sean Spence called a press conference with Randy for today, so he's probably going to commit today. Recruit number 18. Also from MNW.

Finsfan79
08-03-2007, 12:54 PM
Yea, the history behind the Orange Bowl is the only thing even keeping it in consideration. It's probably one of the worst stadiums in the country. Though going there for a game was always 100 times better than Dolphins stadium (lol Joe Robbie). The biggest concern I see with it is the distance from the school and students getting to games.

As for Kirby and Kyle, it's still 50/50 but Kyle looked much better out of the two throwing the ball in the Spring game. I think his seniority as well as experience will give him a slight edge over Kirby.

I just like the added dimension of Kirby's legs over Kyle. That and I think "if" we have problems with the line his ability to move better in and out of the pocket might help the WR's downfield. As a pure passer yeah Kyle has looked better though.

My hope is the kids on the oline get better, as I think some of them will. Then the running dimension becomes a second thought. But injuries always happen.

anyone see Scout's write up on us in their preseason part? We are 12th ahead of UF :)

Finsfan79
08-03-2007, 01:05 PM
http://miamiherald.typepad.com/umiami/2007/08/a-deeper-bond-m.html

a herald canes article nice little read

draftguru151
08-03-2007, 04:19 PM
I want Kyle to start. He looked better in the spring game than Kirby.

There's no word on Tatum yet. Miami-Herald reported that he was on-campus and it was confirmed, but there hasn't been any official news on whether Randy accepted him.

Sean Spence called a press conference with Randy for today, so he's probably going to commit today. Recruit number 18. Also from MNW.

Shannon said he won't be a cane.

RonnieRun23
08-03-2007, 06:59 PM
Yeah, I was about to post his comment right now.

"I don't know who broke that story. Josh Tatum is not on this team. Josh Tatum won't be on this team, not today, not tomorrow, or next year. All I know is he was released by USC."

draftguru151
08-09-2007, 10:08 AM
Glenn Cook was injured and should be out for the first three weeks of the season. The starting LBs look like they will be McCarthy, Sharpton and now Gooden at WLB filling in for Cook, at least for the time being. Romeo Davis is already out for the season and Sharpton has been banged up the last couple days.

jbeans187
08-13-2007, 10:49 PM
I hope this happens, just think Gordon and Cooper returning kicks...
http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/colleges/um/story/201211.html

draftguru151
08-13-2007, 11:00 PM
Yea I'm really excited than Gordon is back on offense. He is amazing physically, and he did pretty good returning kicks in the scrimmage. I wouldn't be shocked to see him as the starting TE and not Farr.

TCU
08-14-2007, 07:36 AM
I hope this happens, just think Gordon and Cooper returning kicks...
http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/colleges/um/story/201211.html

good find, i would love to see him return some as well as some of the smaller and fast players that UM are loaded with.

RonnieRun23
08-14-2007, 12:23 PM
Kylan Robinson was moved to LB because of the lack of depth.

http://insidetheu.com/news/viewnews.php?v=46c1af07cbb47

draftguru151
08-14-2007, 12:34 PM
That's somewhat shocking. He was progressing well at FB/H-B, hopefully he can transition to LB.

jbeans187
08-26-2007, 03:45 PM
Anyone see the high school game on espn? Miami commit Davon Johnson had a great performance that made me forget AJ Green was on the other team

draftguru151
08-26-2007, 04:04 PM
Yea, Johnson looked very good.

Tuesday all the starters will be announced. The only unknown is the QB, with Cook being hurt Gooden will start at OLB and Sharpton will start inside. Willie Cooper seems to be starting opposite Kenny at safety, with Randy and Sharpe being hurt Carlos Armour and DVD may start at CB if they're not ready for Marshall. Josh Holmes will start over Antonio Dixon is he's healthy. OL there are no shocks (Bain is starting even thought Franklin got some consideration there) and the only unsure spot on offense other than QB is TE where Gordon might take the spot from Farr.

draftguru151
08-26-2007, 06:02 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDjGl2ctxds

Nice highlight film of all the incoming freshman. McKenzie has a move around 6:50 that made me laugh.

RonnieRun23
08-26-2007, 07:35 PM
Haha, yeah, i've seen that video. That move was crazy, but pretty unnecessary. He h ad the corner beat, and just came back to embarrass him.

I can't wait 'til gametime, are you guys going to any games this year?

draftguru151
08-26-2007, 07:45 PM
Probably not since I'm away at college. I'm gonna have a tough enough time seeing all the games as it is.

RonnieRun23
08-26-2007, 09:40 PM
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/columnists/sfl-0826hyde,0,6625067.column?page=1

great article on randy

jbeans187
08-27-2007, 01:41 AM
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/columnists/sfl-0826hyde,0,6625067.column?page=1

great article on randy

Hes one hell of a guy/coach, he will bring the U back

RonnieRun23
08-28-2007, 04:03 PM
Kirby Freeman was announced the starter, Shields suspended for first game, Khalil Jones first string, DVD starter at CB.

TCU
08-28-2007, 04:30 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDjGl2ctxds

Nice highlight film of all the incoming freshman. McKenzie has a move around 6:50 that made me laugh.

McKenzie is one of the coolest/ niceest football players i know, i got a chance to meet him this summer and i asked him about that play and he said he stepped out of bounds,

also im glad that Kirby is the starter instead of Kyle Wrong.

draftguru151
08-28-2007, 04:48 PM
John Rochford starting at center was shocking. I'm excited to see what Kirby can do, I wonder how much Wright's recent knee problems played into it. Gooden is going to start at MLB with Adkins at OLB. I like that move, I'm a big fan of Sharpton but this means that Gooden and Cook will both likely start this year when Cook gets healthy. With Holmes dinged up still Dewayne Hendricks is starting, Dixon continues to disappoint.

jbeans187
08-28-2007, 08:11 PM
Im so happy freeman is starting

thebow305
08-30-2007, 12:19 AM
John Rochford starting at center was shocking. I'm excited to see what Kirby can do, I wonder how much Wright's recent knee problems played into it. Gooden is going to start at MLB with Adkins at OLB. I like that move, I'm a big fan of Sharpton but this means that Gooden and Cook will both likely start this year when Cook gets healthy. With Holmes dinged up still Dewayne Hendricks is starting, Dixon continues to disappoint.

What do you mean about Cook? Do you think that when Cook comes back he will start on the Weakside? And what about Sharpton, I thought he and McCarthy were givens. When Sharpton is healthy do you think Tavares will continue to start on the inside and Sharpton will play behind him? Ok and finally, the ultimate question is when everyone is healthy, what will the Starting LB corps look like, which 3 guys will start for sure and where?

Also, what is the deal with the Safety spot, is Lovon gonna play Free when he comes back and Kenny continue to play strong. I thought Kenny was moving to free this year.

And where is Chavez Grant? Is he hurt? He was our nickel for sure this year and now I havent heard anything about him. I think he might be hurt, is he? And when Sharpe is healthy again, it will be Sharpe and Phillips again, Im pretty sure, but who will be the Nickel, Grant or DVD?

I got all these questions, does anyone have some insight here?

draftguru151
08-30-2007, 08:50 AM
Cook was practicing at WLB before he got hurt. Sharpton is supposed to play a good amount behind Gooden but unless Gooden plays badly I don't see Sharpton starting. This week the LBs are McCarthy, Gooden, and Atkins. No idea what the unit will look like when everyone is healthy.

We don't really have a FS or SS, but Phillips will be have more FS responsibility this year while Cooper/Ponder will be more of SS. I think Cooper is getting the start this week, I believe Ponder has been healthy for a while though.

Haven't heard much about Grant, he's been healthy and is one of the back up return man but I guess DVD is that good. I think he's been working at just nickel, not 100% though. Sharpe should start again when he gets healthy as should Randy.

thebow305
08-30-2007, 10:34 AM
Cook was practicing at WLB before he got hurt. Sharpton is supposed to play a good amount behind Gooden but unless Gooden plays badly I don't see Sharpton starting. This week the LBs are McCarthy, Gooden, and Atkins. No idea what the unit will look like when everyone is healthy.

We don't really have a FS or SS, but Phillips will be have more FS responsibility this year while Cooper/Ponder will be more of SS. I think Cooper is getting the start this week, I believe Ponder has been healthy for a while though.

Haven't heard much about Grant, he's been healthy and is one of the back up return man but I guess DVD is that good. I think he's been working at just nickel, not 100% though. Sharpe should start again when he gets healthy as should Randy.

Wow, DVD must be real good, anyway, so you think Kenny will end up ultimately playing FS for a majority of the year?

draftguru151
08-30-2007, 12:07 PM
Yea, that's what has been said all camp by the coaches and him.

draftguru151
09-01-2007, 02:03 PM
Graig Cooper with his first 100 yard game of his career, I'm sure there will be many more. :D

etk
09-01-2007, 03:15 PM
I saw a lot of promise in today's game, I'm very happy with the result. The running game was obviously dynamite and that one big carry from Cooper reminded me of my video game Cooper. Chills went down my spine :). James definitely looks a year more polished with his patience and cuts. Freeman can make plays but I don't see any kind of consistency in watching him drop back and throw, so I'm worried he might cost us some drives. The defense was dominant and impressive, as I expected. We have a ton of depth and we have guys at every position that swarm and make solid tackles. Even our DBs looked very good in run support. It's exciting to once again see the intensity and gangtackling that has been a constant. Special teams seemed like a problem, specifically punting. I hope Bosher can punt much further than he showed.

draftguru151
09-01-2007, 03:19 PM
How'd Campbell look? I saw the INT, any sacks? I've got to wait a while until I get to see the game, stupid ESPNU.

etk
09-01-2007, 03:29 PM
How'd Campbell look? I saw the INT, any sacks? I've got to wait a while until I get to see the game, stupid ESPNU.

Ooh that must suck to live in-state and miss the game. I honestly can't really tell you how Campbell looked because the entire DLine was incredible and it was hard to pinpoint one standout. He was involved in some sacks but really it was the backups who were outstanding. Vegas Franklin, Steven Wesley, Courtney Harris, Antonio Dixon, Dwayne Hendricks, etc. The line was constantly in the backfield applying pressure. Franklin & Dixon were the most impressive, but I also saw Campbell, McCray & Moncur getting involved as well in a few plays. Campbell either chased away the Marshall QB or jumped up to alter his passes. The best player on defense was Adkins. Fast, explosive, hits hard and had a nice pick. Randy Phillips dropped a pick in the end zone which led to their only points :(. Ponder had a nice open-field tackle, both Phillips' tackled well, Sharpton & Gooden were solid. Really dominant game defensively. Marshall had to work their tails off and have some luck to get their only points of the game.

PoopSandwich
09-01-2007, 03:32 PM
First game I've gotten to watch as an official Miami fan, (I really got into college football last year but didn't really root for anyone.)

All I have to say is, damn our defense looked good, Graig Cooper is incredibly fast, and I don't trust the QB situation.

fenikz
09-01-2007, 03:39 PM
I really need to get ESPN U and the college gameday stuff, but the game sounds like what i expected great defense and an incredible running attck

etk
09-01-2007, 03:41 PM
I really need to get ESPN U and the college gameday stuff, but the game sounds like what i expected great defense and an incredible running attck

You need to get the package that gets you every Div 1 college game. That's what I have :D

PoopSandwich
09-01-2007, 03:55 PM
Just go to a bar, I'm in Ohio and I went to a bar and asked them to put ESPNU on and got to watch it.

kastofsna
09-01-2007, 04:20 PM
watched the whole game, damn impressed with the defense. doesn't matter who's on the line, they're going to poor on the pressure. campbell, moncur, franklin, etc, everyone was getting involved. marshall never had a lot of time to throw the ball. the DB play wasn't special, but the linebackers excelled. LOVE this McCarthy kid.

on offense, cooper and james stole the show. freeman was average, but didn't make the same kind of mind-numbing mistakes as wright, so that's an upgrade. he generally underthrew a lot of guys. there was a bad center-QB exchange, and he mishandled the handoff to Cooper at one point, but that was probably Cooper's fault. WR's were absent.

going to have to rely on the running game against OU, without a doubt. hope for some key turnovers from our defense. can't ask for much more than that

etk
09-01-2007, 04:29 PM
watched the whole game, damn impressed with the defense. doesn't matter who's on the line, they're going to poor on the pressure. campbell, moncur, franklin, etc, everyone was getting involved. marshall never had a lot of time to throw the ball. the DB play wasn't special, but the linebackers excelled. LOVE this McCarthy kid.

on offense, cooper and james stole the show. freeman was average, but didn't make the same kind of mind-numbing mistakes as wright, so that's an upgrade. he generally underthrew a lot of guys. there was a bad center-QB exchange, and he mishandled the handoff to Cooper at one point, but that was probably Cooper's fault. WR's were absent.

going to have to rely on the running game against OU, without a doubt. hope for some key turnovers from our defense. can't ask for much more than that

We can't ask too much from our passing game against OU, but I think Freeman proved we can complete some short-yardage passes and keep some drives alive. The running game will have to be the focus, though. I forgot about McCarthy, he was the 2nd best LB on the field for us today. Could be the next Dan Morgan, with maybe a bit more speed.

Vikes99ej
09-01-2007, 04:46 PM
Stupid Miami page, I can't find the official defensive stats for the game.

thebow305
09-01-2007, 05:28 PM
Graig Cooper with his first 100 yard game of his career, I'm sure there will be many more. :D

Definitely :)

RonnieRun23
09-01-2007, 06:29 PM
Our offensive line looked amazing. 0 sacks all game, Cooper with 120ish rushing yards, James had around 100 (plus a 40 yarder that got called back), and Thomas had a couple of nice runs. Mabry did a good job opening holes when he was in the game, but i didn't see any Cooper/James backfields, or Cooper lining up in the slot. I guess Shannon WAS holding back. Leggett made soom nice moves on screens to get extra yardage. The D-Line played a good game. There is a lot of depth on the lines. Moncur was a beast ALL GAME. Campbell had a solo sack but the quarterback threw it away as he was being hammered. Dixon, Franklin, McCray, Wesley, Haris all had nice games. KPhillips had a decent game, nothing notable except for a nice tackle in the backfield. The linebackers played a pretty good game, they did a good job in pursuit. McCarthy was a tackling machine, i think he had at least 10 tackles, but he was taken out for a bit due to cramps. The corners had an alright game, but they excelled at sealing off the corner on outside rushes. RPhillips had a couple of nice hits. Picks by Freshman JoJo Nicolas, Spencer Adkins, Calais Campbell, and T-Good(returned to the one-yard line.)

Now to the bad. Kirby didn't do a bad job, but he was inconsistent and threw an inerception to an area where there were no Miami players. He was pretty erratic throwing downfield, and i think he had a miscommunication with Leggett at least once. The recievers didn't bail him out. Khalil did his usual thing, dropping two passes. There were a lot of drops all around for the receivers. We didn't do a good job in coverage, and they had thei receivers open all game. We didn't do a good job stopping the QB draw. Campbell lost contain at least twice, and left his feet once when he had the quarterback to himself, and let him get back to the line of scrimmage.

Overall, I liked what i saw, and i think if we can get more consistency from the receivers, we'll be very good this year. I'm expecting a 9-3 season AT WORST. That means we win every game we're supposed to, and win 2 out of 5 against FSU, Oklahoma, VT, BC, and TAMU. Very possible, IMO.

thebow305
09-01-2007, 10:59 PM
Our offensive line looked amazing. 0 sacks all game, Cooper with 120ish rushing yards, James had around 100 (plus a 40 yarder that got called back), and Thomas had a couple of nice runs. Mabry did a good job opening holes when he was in the game, but i didn't see any Cooper/James backfields, or Cooper lining up in the slot. I guess Shannon WAS holding back. Leggett made soom nice moves on screens to get extra yardage. The D-Line played a good game. There is a lot of depth on the lines. Moncur was a beast ALL GAME. Campbell had a solo sack but the quarterback threw it away as he was being hammered. Dixon, Franklin, McCray, Wesley, Haris all had nice games. KPhillips had a decent game, nothing notable except for a nice tackle in the backfield. The linebackers played a pretty good game, they did a good job in pursuit. McCarthy was a tackling machine, i think he had at least 10 tackles, but he was taken out for a bit due to cramps. The corners had an alright game, but they excelled at sealing off the corner on outside rushes. RPhillips had a couple of nice hits. Picks by Freshman JoJo Nicolas, Spencer Adkins, Calais Campbell, and T-Good(returned to the one-yard line.)

Now to the bad. Kirby didn't do a bad job, but he was inconsistent and threw an inerception to an area where there were no Miami players. He was pretty erratic throwing downfield, and i think he had a miscommunication with Leggett at least once. The recievers didn't bail him out. Khalil did his usual thing, dropping two passes. There were a lot of drops all around for the receivers. We didn't do a good job in coverage, and they had thei receivers open all game. We didn't do a good job stopping the QB draw. Campbell lost contain at least twice, and left his feet once when he had the quarterback to himself, and let him get back to the line of scrimmage.

Overall, I liked what i saw, and i think if we can get more consistency from the receivers, we'll be very good this year. I'm expecting a 9-3 season AT WORST. That means we win every game we're supposed to, and win 2 out of 5 against FSU, Oklahoma, VT, BC, and TAMU. Very possible, IMO.

Sharpe and Shields better be back for the Oklahoma game because our passing offense and defense looked very suspect today. As good as our running game looked, I was unimpressed with our recievers. I think Shields is head and shoulders above the rest of the starters. For god's sake, I never wanna see Jones start another game, I don't care how good he looks in practice, he cannot play in an actual game, he just can't. Why were there so many recievers left so wide open today, that makes me nervous when we have a big time threat like Malcolm Kelly to face next week. I just hope our front seven doesn't allow Bradford to set and get comfortable out there. I think once this unit is all healthy we will be dominant, because the front seven are, but the secondary still needs a little work. Any thoughts?

draftguru151
09-01-2007, 11:05 PM
Did Jenkins play today? I don't get why he didn't start when he's been tearing it up in camp.

thebow305
09-01-2007, 11:08 PM
Did Jenkins play today? I don't get why he didn't start when he's been tearing it up in camp.

ill take anyone over Jones, id rather kayne or leonard start over khalil jones... hey dg, what thoughts do u have on what i just posted about??

draftguru151
09-01-2007, 11:13 PM
I didn't see the game so I'm not really sure. I agree about Shields though, he is a stud.

thebow305
09-01-2007, 11:15 PM
I didn't see the game so I'm not really sure. I agree about Shields though, he is a stud.

Yup, our next great wideout. That goes without being said though.

RonnieRun23
09-02-2007, 12:10 AM
I think our receivers will be fine when Shields comes back. I'd like to see Shields and Leggett start, with Jenkins/Hankerson backing them up. I don't know if Jones will ever "get" it. He always tears it up during camp and all the coaches sing his praises, but he cannot perform during the game to save his life. I'd rather have Hill (who made a nice catch today, coming back to the ball) over him on the depth chart.

The defensive backs didn't play a great game either. I didn't hear Van Dyke's name called all day. Phillips made a couple of nice tackles on the corner, and Grant had some decent coverage. I think my biggest disappointment today was the play of KPhillips. He didn't play bad, but he didn't stand out much, and one of the long completions was on him. We're going to need him to step up to beat OU. With everyone healthy, I want Sharpe and Phillips to start, with Grant as the NB, and Van Dyke and Armour backing them up.

There were a couple of fumbled snaps, but i think that's just because we have a new center, and i don't think it's something to worry about.

thebow305
09-02-2007, 12:57 AM
I think our receivers will be fine when Shields comes back. I'd like to see Shields and Leggett start, with Jenkins/Hankerson backing them up. I don't know if Jones will ever "get" it. He always tears it up during camp and all the coaches sing his praises, but he cannot perform during the game to save his life. I'd rather have Hill (who made a nice catch today, coming back to the ball) over him on the depth chart.

The defensive backs didn't play a great game either. I didn't hear Van Dyke's name called all day. Phillips made a couple of nice tackles on the corner, and Grant had some decent coverage. I think my biggest disappointment today was the play of KPhillips. He didn't play bad, but he didn't stand out much, and one of the long completions was on him. We're going to need him to step up to beat OU. With everyone healthy, I want Sharpe and Phillips to start, with Grant as the NB, and Van Dyke and Armour backing them up.

There were a couple of fumbled snaps, but i think that's just because we have a new center, and i don't think it's something to worry about.

I agree completely with everything you said.

draftguru151
09-02-2007, 09:24 AM
Not hearing a DBs name isn't always a bad thing. If anyone sees the game on normal TV (FSN, SS) let me know.

etk
09-02-2007, 09:26 AM
Jenkins hardly saw the field. I didn't understand why, either. Shields is definitely our best wideout and a nice playmaker. Hill is not bad and worthy of some playing time. As far as DBs go, Grant looked solid as our NB so that shouldn't change.

I think TE could be an important position against Oklahoma because of their strength at safety. We need to develop an underneath passing game to sustain drives against their D.

trkaline
09-02-2007, 09:29 AM
Really good game I always watch just for their Defense...

draftguru151
09-02-2007, 11:57 AM
http://web1.ncaa.org/d1mfb/2007/Internet/ranking_summary/2007000000415.HTML

All the stats for UM. Gooden led the team with 9 tackles.

ENIGMATIC 1
09-02-2007, 12:46 PM
Here are some highlights of Craig Cooper from the Marshall game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kH4RFLfmcc4

draftguru151
09-02-2007, 01:27 PM
Oh that was awesome. I wanna watch the game.

thebow305
09-02-2007, 01:53 PM
Oh that was awesome. I wanna watch the game.

He was pretty damn good yesterday. only thing was, with that first run i think he got a little tired at the end of the run b/c it looked like he could beat that guy, there was plenty of room along the sideline to break it but he turned into the guy and got tackled. Hmmm, it was still a great run though. :D

jbeans187
09-03-2007, 11:37 AM
Here are some highlights of Craig Cooper from the Marshall game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kH4RFLfmcc4

I didnt see the game but after watching this and this... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpdTxnqcRTo&mode=related&search=
the o line looked much improved

RonnieRun23
09-03-2007, 11:51 AM
The game will be replayed from 1-3 and 7-9 on tuesday on CSS.

fenikz
09-03-2007, 11:02 PM
Somebody tell me that the NCAA has a flexible TV schedule because as of right now i will only get to watch 3 Miami games

Oklahoma 9/8
Texas A&M 9/20
Boston College 11/24

Why isn't ABC or ESPN carrying the FSU or Virgina Tech games they could be huge impact games on the BCS

draftguru151
09-03-2007, 11:09 PM
Both those games should be national. That would be pretty lame if our two big rivalry games aren't national.

fenikz
09-03-2007, 11:53 PM
I was just looking at the Canes on Wiki and those were the only games listed, along with the last one and another on ESPN U

although wikipedia is far from official

jbeans187
09-04-2007, 12:34 AM
They will get picked up, the times arent set yet

etk
09-04-2007, 01:16 PM
The Bowden wasn't even on National TV here in Canada. If I didn't have this sports package I'd get to see 3 Miami games if I'm lucky, and that includes the bowl.

PoopSandwich
09-06-2007, 07:36 PM
Well I got stuck in a weird situation, I've had Sept 8 on my schedule for a while now, even requested it off... Then got offered tickets to the Ohio State game...

I decided I would go because I've never been to a college football game, and I'm recording the Miami game...

Hopefully I have a game worth watching when I get back ;)

fenikz
09-07-2007, 03:20 PM
What everyones predictions for the game tommarrow

I got

Miami 24
Oklahoma 10

James 120 Yards 2 TDs
Cooper 140 Yards 1 TD

Phillips 2 Ints

draftguru151
09-07-2007, 03:59 PM
I can't see us scoring that much. Realistically I see 13-6 OU, but we will have a change to win if and only if we have a passing game. We don't need Kirby to throw for 300 yards but he can't have the performance he had last week.

The thing we might have a problem with defensively is Murray. I really hope the coaches are smart enough to not let him get big gains and hopefully Kenny Phillips is just spying him the entire game. We should have enough team speed to keep him under control, but I'm worried a bit.

nrk
09-07-2007, 04:26 PM

I got

Miami 24
Oklahoma 10

James 120 Yards 2 TDs
Cooper 140 Yards 1 TD

Phillips 2 Ints

That's pretty bold

jbeans187
09-07-2007, 05:04 PM

I got

Miami 24
Oklahoma 10

James 120 Yards 2 TDs
Cooper 140 Yards 1 TD

Phillips 2 Ints

I would love this but im scared, they are either going to blow us out or it will be a defensive battle that could go either way

RonnieRun23
09-07-2007, 05:17 PM
17-13 Miami

James 85 yards, 1 TD
Cooper 70 yards

Freeman, 130 passing yards, 1 TD

Leggett, 4 catches, 36 yards
Shields, 3 catches, 51 yards, 1 td

thebow305
09-09-2007, 12:04 AM
Two Words: Bench Kirby!

Two More Words: Kirby Sucks!

etk
09-09-2007, 12:14 AM
Randy Phillips is really, really, really bad. Can't defend a slant, can't defend a fade without looking back for the ball early, can't tackle. So many things went wrong in this game...

Iamcanadian
09-09-2007, 09:42 AM
Miami isn't a top 25 team. That is obvious. There is always next year.

draftguru151
09-09-2007, 10:19 AM

Because they get beat by probably a top 3 team in the country? The final score may have been bad but we were in the game for a good amount of time. We're obviously not NC contenders but there is no reason this team can't win 8/9 games and the ACC still. Right now we're missing our #1 CB, our #1 LB (and captain of the defense) and our #2 DT (also lost our #3 DT in the game and had a DE playing DT for a good amount). When those guys get back, and the defense learns how to communicate better, I doubt teams will have anywhere near the success that OU had.

Also, yes Randy Phillips got beat, but leaving him one on one with Malcolm Kelly is just stupid. He's a top 5 WR in the country, most people would get beat like that. One of the TDs that's being blamed on him was a communication problem and I still think Cooper made the mistake not him. Hopefully when Sharpe comes back he can do a better job on the #1s.

Kyle Wright needs to start. I don't care what type of athlete Kirby is, Wright is an infinitely better passer, and Kirby doesn't even use his athleticism that well. All I know is I hope Marve figures it out and fast.

RonnieRun23
09-09-2007, 11:50 AM
Randy Phillips is a safety. Shannon/Walton need to stop playing him at cornerback. He is a good player and he plays hard, but he doesn't have the hips or burst to play cornerback. He is a sure tackler and a playmaker, let him play safety.

Also. Kirby Freeman is horrible. He cannot make a simple throw. On the million screen passes we did to build his confidence, he would miss the receivers by about 5 yards. He has a noodle arm, and he can't throw the ball longer than 20 yards without having it float.

With all the things that went wrong and with all the injuries, it was a 21-13 against a national championship, which says that to me that while we obviously aren't where we want us to be, we aren't as far as some people think.

My biggest concern yesterday was our defensive play-calling. I would love to get a new defensive coordinator with some new plays. The only plays we ever call are Cover 2 Man, Cover 2 Zone, or a Sam blitz. I would love to have a John Tenuta or somebody similar in here calling the defense.

draftguru151
09-09-2007, 05:13 PM
One positive yesteday was Tavares Gooden. 14 tackles. He's really stepping up at MLB.

etk
09-09-2007, 06:10 PM

That's real funny troll. What's funny is how VT & FSU aren't any better than us, therefore we have a very legitimate shot at the ACC 'ship and a BCS bowl. Next year will be better, I do agree on that.

Thoughts on the game (other than anger toward Phillips):

-Freeman has no accuracy, none whatsoever. We don't run enough option type plays to take advantage of his speed anyway, so why is he starting?

-Cooper had several plays where he needed one minor block to spring a TD. We should see plenty of those against defenses who don't have Reggie Smith & Curtis Lofton.

-Javarris needs to double up when he runs up the middle. We can't afford those kinds of turnovers.

-We need someone to step up as a playmaker at receiver.

- Why is Richard Gordon returning kicks? I know he's fast but by the time he reaches maximum speed he gets hit by 3 players.

-Our LBs are great. Rare bright spot in the game.

-Kenny Phillips disappeared.

nrk
09-09-2007, 06:15 PM
Because they get beat by probably a top 3 team in the country? The final score may have been bad but we were in the game for a good amount of time. We're obviously not NC contenders but there is no reason this team can't win 8/9 games and the ACC still. Right now we're missing our #1 CB, our #1 LB (and captain of the defense) and our #2 DT (also lost our #3 DT in the game and had a DE playing DT for a good amount). When those guys get back, and the defense learns how to communicate better, I doubt teams will have anywhere near the success that OU had.

Also, yes Randy Phillips got beat, but leaving him one on one with Malcolm Kelly is just stupid. He's a top 5 WR in the country, most people would get beat like that. One of the TDs that's being blamed on him was a communication problem and I still think Cooper made the mistake not him. Hopefully when Sharpe comes back he can do a better job on the #1s.

Kyle Wright needs to start. I don't care what type of athlete Kirby is, Wright is an infinitely better passer, and Kirby doesn't even use his athleticism that well. All I know is I hope Marve figures it out and fast.

You were in the game for about a quarter :x

draftguru151
09-09-2007, 06:17 PM
Kenny didn't really disappear. He had 13 tackles and did a very good job on Murray in the open field. No one beat in coverage. Maybe he can make some more plays but he wasn't really thrown at and he did have a FF.

draftguru151
09-09-2007, 06:19 PM
You were in the game for about a quarter

It was 21-13 in the 3rd quarter. :/ I didn't know 8 points wasn't in it. It was 28-13 with 16 minutes left in the game.

nrk
09-09-2007, 06:22 PM
It was 21-13 in the 3rd quarter. :/ I didn't know 8 points wasn't in it.

You rallied back in the 3rd quarter. It wasn't very close till the end of the second quarter, and still wasn't that close then. You came back in third to make a field goal. Then we swept away. You were in it for a quarterish, which there are 4. Sorry, I am like the only Oklahoma fan and it's OU/Miami, I have to do some talking :)

draftguru151
09-09-2007, 06:29 PM
Even if we came back, doesn't that mean we were still in it?

nrk
09-09-2007, 06:30 PM
You didn't really come back. The only time you were in it really was the first half of the 3rd quarter.

draftguru151
09-09-2007, 06:38 PM
You didn't really come back. The only time you were in it really was the first half of the 3rd quarter.

If we were in it in the 3rd quarter wouldn't we have to be in it in the 2nd quarter?

nrk
09-09-2007, 06:44 PM
Did we watch the same game? Score wise, yeah maybe you were in the game, but the way you were playing, no. You had one big drive and it resulted in a TD, and it took what 7 plays ( Except for the first PI). Your offense couldn't really move the ball, and the D didn't really stop that much. Score isn't the greatest indicator.

You came back at the end of the 2nd quarter to make it from a double digit lead to an 8 point lead. Our fumbles and horrible snap kept you in the game.

draftguru151
09-09-2007, 07:01 PM
Did we watch the same game? Score wise, yeah maybe you were in the game, but the way you were playing, no. You had one big drive and it resulted in a TD, and it took what 7 plays ( Except for the first PI). Your offense couldn't really move the ball, and the D didn't really stop that much. Score isn't the greatest indicator.

You came back at the end of the 2nd quarter to make it from a double digit lead to an 8 point lead. Our fumbles and horrible snap kept you in the game.

Exactly. We were in the game. We had some momentum and were doing some things with Wright. You guys had 2 drives, we had one, we both made mistakes that let up points (you guys scored 7, we got 3). After that the offense fell apart and it was over. You guys scored 27 points in the last 16 minutes, did you guys beat us convincingly? Yes, I'm not saying we were going to win this at any point, but the final score doesn't tell the talent of the team.

nrk
09-09-2007, 07:18 PM
Exactly. We were in the game. We had some momentum and were doing some things with Wright. You guys had 2 drives, we had one, we both made mistakes that let up points (you guys scored 7, we got 3). After that the offense fell apart and it was over. You guys scored 27 points in the last 16 minutes, did you guys beat us convincingly? Yes, I'm not saying we were going to win this at any point, but the final score doesn't tell the talent of the team.

Oh, I agree. I'm just arguing with you because of all the Miami fans talking **** at the bars on OU's campus :). Your offense needed to do something so that your defense isn't on the field the whole time. I was scared of this game and am actually surprised of the final score.

doingthisinsteadofwork
09-09-2007, 07:26 PM
So guys how do you think Calais will look in S&B.

etk
09-09-2007, 07:40 PM
So guys how do you think Calais will look in S&B.

A hell of a lot better than Tyler Brayton or w/e.

fenikz
09-10-2007, 03:06 AM
Honestly we need some consistancy with the passing game, OU put 8 in the box on most plays and we kept going 3 & out, even if we have to start Marve to get a spark we have to do something

And no offense to OU I thought we would beat thier asses, but they proved they are a legit BCS caliber team and the rest of the nation should take notice

etk
09-10-2007, 07:52 AM
Honestly we need some consistancy with the passing game, OU put 8 in the box on most plays and we kept going 3 & out, even if we have to start Marve to get a spark we have to do something

And no offense to OU I thought we would beat thier asses, but they proved they are a legit BCS caliber team and the rest of the nation should take notice

I'm calling it right now, just so everyone is aware. If Oklahoma returns all or most of their juniors they will be one of the best college teams ever next year. 4 Senior starters leaving....

Sniper
09-10-2007, 08:22 AM
I'm calling it right now, just so everyone is aware. If Oklahoma returns all or most of their juniors they will be one of the best college teams ever next year. 4 Senior starters leaving....

I heard that fact during the game....God they're going to be beastly.

RyanLeaf#1
09-11-2007, 11:07 AM
Wright to start at quarterback

RyanLeaf#1
09-11-2007, 11:08 AM
Here is the link:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3014083

draftguru151
09-11-2007, 11:47 AM
Definitely like the decision. Glad Shannon is smart enough to fix the mistakes.

RyanLeaf#1
09-11-2007, 12:03 PM
Definitely like the decision. Glad Shannon is smart enough to fix the mistakes.

Yea they had to go with Wright

SuperKevin
09-11-2007, 01:06 PM
i was just about to make a seperate thread with the Wright promotion to starting Qb but luckily I read this thread first. I hate multiple threads

RyanLeaf#1
09-11-2007, 01:21 PM
i was just about to make a seperate thread with the Wright promotion to starting Qb but luckily I read this thread first. I hate multiple threads

I hate multiple threads myself, but anyways goodluck to Wright this week in that tough game against Florida International.

SuperKevin
09-11-2007, 01:23 PM
I still think Wright is a draftable prospect and if he is able to right this sinking ship that is the Miami Hurricanes then maybe he can work his way into the 5th round

RonnieRun23
09-11-2007, 05:29 PM
Randy Phillips was moved to safety to provide depth.

Starting corners: Van Dyke and Armour
Starting safeties: Cooper and KP

draftguru151
09-11-2007, 08:39 PM
No more Gordon at KR. It was funny while it lasted. Shawnbrey McNeal is the likely new returner.

We really need some of these injured players to get back. Armour did good in camp but Sharpe is a much more proven player and I actually trust him in man to man (somewhat). Rochford didn't get the job done last week and Trump is out 3 more weeks. I wouldn't mind Morse going back to center and having Franklin start. Having Cook back would really help some of the communication problems and get Adkins off the field. Hopefully some of these gets worked out before the TAMU or ACC run.

yourfavestoner
09-12-2007, 06:39 PM
I can't wait to see what a barn burner the FSU-UM game is going to be this year.

:bursts out laughing:

;)

thebow305
09-12-2007, 06:46 PM
No more Gordon at KR. It was funny while it lasted. Shawnbrey McNeal is the likely new returner.

We really need some of these injured players to get back. Armour did good in camp but Sharpe is a much more proven player and I actually trust him in man to man (somewhat). Rochford didn't get the job done last week and Trump is out 3 more weeks. I wouldn't mind Morse going back to center and having Franklin start. Having Cook back would really help some of the communication problems and get Adkins off the field. Hopefully some of these gets worked out before the TAMU or ACC run.

Couple questions here... So what are you saying, Rochford won't be starting anymore, is that a sure thing? Also, is Sharpe close to returning as the starter?

And is Randy really a safety now, and why is Ponder not starting anymore??

draftguru151
09-12-2007, 06:58 PM
Couple questions here... So what are you saying, Rochford won't be starting anymore, is that a sure thing? Also, is Sharpe close to returning as the starter?

And is Randy really a safety now, and why is Ponder not starting anymore??

The Rochford thing is just me speculating, he just doesn't have the strength to hold up, he gets to the 2nd level well but if the RBs don't get past the first level it really doesn't matter. Sharpe may play this week but it would only be on special teams.

Ponder was hurt last week and wasn't starting anyway, Cooper has been starting all year. Randy was moved to safety.

Finsfan79
09-13-2007, 08:50 AM
I am curious if they will be doing option style plays with Wright like we saw in the game this past weekend or will he be getting more of the spread offense that we saw with freeman in there. It seemed backwards to me personally as the style I want to see Wright in is more of a spread passing offense that might help spread the defense open lanes and give him time.

draftguru151
09-13-2007, 09:00 AM
They run certain packages with each QB. Freeman has more open packages so they can take advantage of his athleticism (lot of good that did :/). Wright threw out of some spread, mostly on the last drive of the first half, but he did get some plays there. I really didn't like the spread for the most part, one because it killed the running game, and two it didn't work passing for the most part. Certain situations ok, but as a base offense it didn't work.

djp
09-13-2007, 12:26 PM
Miami has been, and always should be, a pro-style offense. I didn't like the spread one bit for a few reasons.

1. James isn't fast enough to run the spread effectively running.
2. We can't keep teams honest with the pass.
3. Since the passing game is so bad, we need to run the ball many times and work of the playaction.

fenikz
09-13-2007, 02:48 PM
We need to embrace the fact that we have a solid defense and 2 good running backs, just pound the rock, control field position, and win games

thebow305
09-13-2007, 05:45 PM
We need to embrace the fact that we have a solid defense and 2 good running backs, just pound the rock, control field position, and win games

Exactly.... well said. Couldn't agree more.

etk
09-13-2007, 06:18 PM
Miami has been, and always should be, a pro-style offense. I didn't like the spread one bit for a few reasons.

1. James isn't fast enough to run the spread effectively running.
2. We can't keep teams honest with the pass.
3. Since the passing game is so bad, we need to run the ball many times and work of the playaction.

Two very good points right here...

draftguru151
09-16-2007, 08:49 AM
Didn't get to see the game yet but here are some notable stats.

Kyle Wright- 10/19, 224 yards, TD, 2 INT. 44 rushing yards
Javarris James- 19, 92 yards
Graig Cooper- 11, 52 yards, TD
Darnell Jenkins- 5 rec, 108 yards
Lance Leggett- 1 rec, 80 yards, TD
Calais Campbell- 4 tkl, tfl, sack
Kenny Phillips- 7 tkl, INT
Tavares Gooden- 9 tkl

BaLLiN
09-16-2007, 09:03 AM
is r phillips gonna start at safety? I think they should've left him at corner.

draftguru151
09-16-2007, 09:11 AM
The depth was needed at safety even if he isn't gonna start. Sharpe and Johnson should be back soon and them along with DVD, Grant and Armour we should be fine. Safety is very thin.

etk
09-16-2007, 09:49 AM
I didn't see the game but 23 pts against FIU is disappointing once again.

fenikz
09-16-2007, 01:44 PM
Kyle Wright looked pretty bad yesterday, take away that 80 yarder and he is 9/18 for 144 and 2 INTs, the D looked good as always and JJ & Coop once again proved that they should be what drives this team, I think they need to have the ball at least a combined 35-40 times a game

RyanLeaf#1
09-18-2007, 12:47 PM
What do Canes fans think about undefeated Texas A&M this week?