PDA

View Full Version : Best Defensive Player

Hines
06-04-2007, 08:09 PM
who do you think is the best defensive player

VPF
06-04-2007, 08:25 PM
CB in my opinion is the hardest position to play next to quarterback, and bailey is dominant at it. i think second best would go to urlacher or reed. but all of them are outstanding.

skinzzfan25
06-04-2007, 08:29 PM
Reed, simply because he can make things happen on his own.

Hurricane Ditka
06-04-2007, 08:32 PM
Watch the second half of the Bears-Cards comeback game.

Brian Urlacher FTW

dc4life
06-04-2007, 08:33 PM

So the Ravens Defensive Unit as a whole has nothing to do with that? Give me Bailey.. you can put him on an island and he'll make things "happen on his own."

JK17
06-04-2007, 08:33 PM
Because he's the best player at the most important position, my vote goes to Urlacher, for mainly that reason only.

Urlacher, Bailey, Peppers, Reed, etc. Those guys are all in the same tier, hard to pick an absolute best on defense.

Hines
06-04-2007, 08:37 PM
thats why i havent picked yet because i would like any of them

i was gonna put peppers on it but i decided against it

remix 6
06-04-2007, 08:42 PM
Bailey..he gets many tackles (85 last year) and 10 INTs. Hes shutdown the left side of the defense and hes done it against some pretty damn good QBs and WRs

Hes a great tackler..hes a ballhawk and hes a leader

PalmerToCJ
06-04-2007, 08:48 PM
If you go by skill and not impact of position, in my eyes it's Champ.

Hines
06-04-2007, 08:50 PM
If you go by skill and not impact of position, in my eyes it's Champ.

but overall who do u think it is

bearsfan_51
06-04-2007, 08:51 PM
Shawne Merriman

Ok Urlacher....but Merriman is second.

Hines
06-04-2007, 08:54 PM
i have another thread i wanna do
but ill ask tommarow or whatever

regoob2
06-04-2007, 09:06 PM
reed is great but i wouldnt consider any safety as the best defensive player in all of football.

1. bailey
2. urlacher

skinzzfan25
06-04-2007, 09:13 PM
So the Ravens Defensive Unit as a whole has nothing to do with that? Give me Bailey.. you can put him on an island and he'll make things "happen on his own."

You can choose to not throw to him. The Ravens' also have a much better Dline to cause problems downfield. Reed acts as the centerfielder and is usually involved with with almost every play, somehow.

princefielder28
06-04-2007, 09:17 PM
Even though I'm a Packers fan I will say Brian Urlacher

Chucky
06-04-2007, 09:19 PM
cant believe taylor is there, but merriman( who is great, but overrated) and peppers

My list

1. Bailey
2. Peppers
3. Urlacher

remix 6
06-04-2007, 09:19 PM
You can choose to not throw to him. The Ravens' also have a much better Dline to cause problems downfield. Reed acts as the centerfielder and is usually involved with with almost every play, somehow.

Reeds 1 of my favorite players, he from DA U but the reason Samari Rolle looked bad at times last year was because Reed wasnt in position and he blew his assignment. Bailey is nearly perfect. What a name too..CHAMP. im gonna name my child that..as a nickname and it'll become a name he uses as does Roland Bailey

21ST
06-04-2007, 09:20 PM
Champ Bailey, best player at the most important postion on defense

Hines
06-04-2007, 09:21 PM
cant believe taylor is there, but merriman( who is great, but overrated) and peppers

My list

1. Bailey
2. Peppers
3. Urlacher

i was goin to put either merriman and peppers on there but since taylor did win droy (even though i think if merriman didnt get suspended he woulda won it) i had to show him love

i wouldnt mind takin any of these guys
bailey
reed
urlacher
taylor
peppers
merriman

god picture the steelers defence with them
scary if u ask me

keylime_5
06-04-2007, 09:24 PM
Shawne Merriman gettin' no love? He's the best.

dc4life
06-04-2007, 09:24 PM

Exactly. His supporting cast is helping him make plays. He's got a much better defense. So in essence hes not making plays by himself all the time. A safety, whos been in a top 3 defense for the past some odd years, versus a cornerback who has done it with Washington and Denver. A no brainer.

JK17
06-04-2007, 09:26 PM
i was goin to put either merriman and peppers on there but since taylor did win droy (even though i think if merriman didnt get suspended he woulda won it) i had to show him love

i wouldnt mind takin any of these guys
bailey
reed
urlacher
taylor
peppers
merriman

god picture the steelers defence with them
scary if u ask me

...picture any defense with them...lol

JK17
06-04-2007, 09:28 PM

Eh I'd give it to him, but don't feel like being called a homer, or starting a steroid debate.

Mr. Stiller
06-04-2007, 11:52 PM
Watch the second half of the Bears-Cards comeback game.

Brian Urlacher FTW

Are you talking about the play where Edgerrin James was held still for about 3 hours?

Not starting any fights, but I don't think Urlacher is the best Defensive player in the league.

I'd say Champ Bailey, because there's honestly rarely a legitimate shutdown corner since The Ty Law Rule.

Urlacher is on one of the best defenses, as is Reed.

I think a player on a piss poor defense that really stands out... I think Champ is the best player on the worst defense. If they actually had the ability to stop the defense and rush the passer, Champ would really shine.

J24
06-05-2007, 12:02 AM
Ok I am going to suprise people and probably take a beating for what I am about to say but here it goes. BOB Sanders Honestly did anyone see how mutch that D improved when he was on the feild he is a great player that does not get as much love as he deserves.

bearsfan_51
06-05-2007, 12:11 AM
Since when is Denver's defense piss poor? It's been in the top 10 for the last decade or so.

jbeans187
06-05-2007, 12:12 AM

You cant have this discussion without him

islandboy843
06-05-2007, 01:16 AM
Not having Peppers on that list makes my blood boil.

SenorGato
06-05-2007, 01:37 AM
Julius Peppers FTW.

Sniper
06-05-2007, 01:46 AM
Ok I am going to suprise people and probably take a beating for what I am about to say but here it goes. BOB Sanders Honestly did anyone see how mutch that D improved when he was on the feild he is a great player that does not get as much love as he deserves.

Yeah, but he isn't the best defensive player in the game. Peppers for me. The man can do it all

Caddy
06-05-2007, 02:09 AM
I've got to go with Peppers. When he is on, he is damn near impossible to stop.

islandboy843
06-05-2007, 02:24 AM
WOOOO Peppers Fans. +rep

Mr. Stiller
06-05-2007, 02:33 AM
I've got to go with Peppers. When he is on, he is damn near impossible to stop.

Must not have been on during the Steelers game because Max Starks completely stonewalled him.

Zyro_1014
06-05-2007, 05:25 PM
ill take Urlacher any day after watching him come within a couple feet of chasing down bush in the play off game.

Not to mention he got 3rd in the MVP voting his rookie year.

Seems like hes in on every single tackle there is. the guy is a machine

draftguru151
06-05-2007, 05:37 PM
The defensive MVP Jason Taylor. :)

Seriously, Champ Bailey. Best CB in the league by far, dominated all year and while he has gotten beaten some in the past he still has played great for a good amount of time. I'm not really impressed with Urlacher. Great pass defender, but I don't like his physicality or his football smarts. He is probably 5 at best for defensive players for me, closer to 6. If Merriman can do it again next year he'll be top 2 but he is probably #5 right now. Peppers is 4, love him but he needs to be more consistent. Reed is #3 just because he plays safety I can't put him higher. Taylor is #2.

Paranoidmoonduck
06-05-2007, 06:21 PM
I'll certainly concede that Bailey is the best corner, but I'm having trouble giving the title of best overall defensive player who's only real job is to keep one man under wraps. Not saying that it is easy, but I'd argue that players like Urlacher and Reed, who make plays all over the field on all three levels of the defense are, if not more important, bigger impact players.

I went with Reed because every time I get to watch the guy I always come away more impressed than I am with any other defensive player (although Merrimen comes close). His instincts are amazing, and while his production hasn't quite been up to par the last few years, I feel much better giving it to him than a player like Bailey.

Shiver
06-05-2007, 06:25 PM
I'll certainly concede that Bailey is the best corner, but I'm having trouble giving the title of best overall defensive player who's only real job is to keep one man under wraps. Not saying that it is easy, but I'd argue that players like Urlacher and Reed, who make plays all over the field on all three levels of the defense are, if not more important, bigger impact players.

I went with Reed because every time I get to watch the guy I always come away more impressed than I am with any other defensive player (although Merrimen comes close). His instincts are amazing, and while his production hasn't quite been up to par the last few years, I feel much better giving it to him than a player like Bailey.

Well to be fair, in '05 he had a high ankle sprain all year.

Paranoidmoonduck
06-05-2007, 06:30 PM
Well to be fair, in '05 he had a high ankle sprain all year.

Yeah, I give him a certain amount of slack in that regard. Maybe I'm just having a hard time getting over what a playmaker he was in '03 and '04, but I don't think any other defensive player is obviously better than him (although I see a couple that could move ahead of him very soon, even if he starts producing like he did when he won DPOY).

Phrost
06-05-2007, 06:47 PM
I am semi-surprised at the results so far.

BlindSite
06-05-2007, 07:09 PM
Pass Rusher followed by Cover cornerback are the most important positions to a franchise, defensively they make the most impact. IMO Ed Reed as great as he is, just isn't the best in the league.

Urlacher is undoubtedly the best leader in the game defensively and has a good mind for changing the play at the line of scrimmage, he's great in all facets of the game.

What you cannot do imo, is simply pick "one" best player for the entire defensive side of football. For starters, some positions are naturally going to have more visible impact than others.

So I'd have an elite tier of defensive talent:
Bailey
Peppers
Urlacher
Reed
Taylor

Then I'd have the next tier
McAllister
Sanders
Suggs
Merriman

Followed by the next and so fourth

That said however, I would pick Peppers and its insane he's not on that list, every year 10+ sacks and multiple plays that leave me saying "How the hell does he do that"

ninerfan
06-05-2007, 08:03 PM
Its Champ

but has anyone else noticed that anytime we have a poll the 1st name on the list usually picks up the most votes ? Strange but true in 95% of polls

Hines
06-05-2007, 08:56 PM
Pass Rusher followed by Cover cornerback are the most important positions to a franchise, defensively they make the most impact. IMO Ed Reed as great as he is, just isn't the best in the league.

Urlacher is undoubtedly the best leader in the game defensively and has a good mind for changing the play at the line of scrimmage, he's great in all facets of the game.

What you cannot do imo, is simply pick "one" best player for the entire defensive side of football. For starters, some positions are naturally going to have more visible impact than others.

Bailey
Peppers
Urlacher
Reed
Taylor

McAllister
Sanders
Suggs
Merriman

That said however, I would pick Peppers and its insane he's not on that list, every year 10+ sacks and multiple plays that leave me saying "How the hell does he do that"

if you read i forgot to put him on
i tried to get one of each defensive position
thats why u put other if u want peppers

BlindSite
06-06-2007, 12:02 AM
A player of his calibre, same with Merriman for that matter, deserve their own name, not just lumped into "other"

Sniper
06-06-2007, 06:20 AM

Bailey
Peppers
Urlacher
Reed
Taylor

McAllister
Sanders
Suggs
Merriman

You say pass rusher is important but you have Merriman, he of the 17/12 sacks to games ratio, in the lower tier of talent? I don't really understand

Sniper
06-06-2007, 06:21 AM

Bailey
Peppers
Urlacher
Reed
Taylor

McAllister
Sanders
Suggs
Merriman

And how do you have Sanders ahead of Dawkins?

Addict
06-06-2007, 07:00 AM
Its Champ

but has anyone else noticed that anytime we have a poll the 1st name on the list usually picks up the most votes ? Strange but true in 95% of polls

I guess because people put their own choice, which is most likely to be agreed upon by many on top I suppose.

What I always find funny is that there's always more voters than people discussing it, some people come in, vote, and then leave.

BlindSite
06-06-2007, 07:44 AM
And how do you have Sanders ahead of Dawkins?

Dawkins is actually my number one safety in the NFL, as per my safety rankings, I missed out a few players, I was just doing it as an example.

Smokey Joe
06-06-2007, 10:37 AM
Urlacher....

CW99
06-06-2007, 01:11 PM
The best Defensive Player has to be Shawne Merriman
if I had a list it would be
1.Shawne Merriman
2.Brian Urlacher
3.Champ Bailey
4.Ed Reed
5.Brian Dawkins
6.Julius Peppers
7.John Henderson
8.Troy Polamalu
9.Tommy Harris
10.Ray Lewis

Sniper
06-06-2007, 04:18 PM
Dawkins is actually my number one safety in the NFL, as per my safety rankings, I missed out a few players, I was just doing it as an example.

Oh my bad.

Paranoidmoonduck
06-06-2007, 05:40 PM
uhh... bailey is not deion sanders. he does not simply take one guy out of the game. he plays at least two of your levels quite well (he's excellent in run support), and might even play the third level if our scheme involved him blitzing. i don't particularly care if you think someone else is a better defensive player (the question is a bit ridiculous), but from the words above, you've either not really watched bailey play, or you've forgotten the impact he's made on our defense. since darrent's rookie year, bailey is the only member of our secondary who's able to consistently and effectively tackle anyone out of the backfield, and he did it exceptionally well last season and might even be better if nick ferguson had any idea how to play his deep half.

You're absolutely right, I'm just biased against naming any corner the best defensive player in the game. Bailey's tackling is certainly impressive, I just have a thing for positions that are required to work their way through a ton of traffic to make their plays.

Bills2083
06-06-2007, 07:50 PM
Brian Urlacher.

Yung Flippa
06-06-2007, 08:04 PM
It would be Champ but Ed Is close

portermvp84
06-07-2007, 12:15 AM
I really think Peppers is either the best or top 3. He can do almost anything.

TacticaLion
06-08-2007, 08:18 PM
Because he's the best player at the most important position, my vote goes to Urlacher, for mainly that reason only.

MLB is NOT the "most important" position in a Cover 2 defense.

Close.

draftguru151
06-08-2007, 08:35 PM
An argument could be made for the DE in the tampa 2 but without a MLB that has the ability to get back and cover the deep middle it would be a very successful defense.

Phrost
06-08-2007, 09:01 PM
An argument could be made for the DE in the tampa 2 but without a MLB that has the ability to get back and cover the deep middle it would be a very successful defense.

This man speaks the truth. In reality though everything needs to be in order to run a perfect Tampa 2.

The MLB needs to be able to Drop WAY back.

RDE needs crazy penetration and needs one of the DTs to also get penetration.

The pressure up front helps the CBs play bump and zone better.

The SS needs to be able to play like a LB and come play run support and blitz.

The FS needs to be able to play some nickel.

The WLB needs to be able to swarm the ball and call out plays on most Tampa 2s.

It goes alot more indepth I just don't the exact formula.

TacticaLion
06-09-2007, 09:39 AM
Every position in a defense is important... but MLB is not the most important position in a cover 2 defense.

It's a fact.

draftguru151
06-09-2007, 10:30 AM
You want to support this "fact" at all or are you just going to keep saying it's a fact?

TacticaLion
06-09-2007, 11:06 AM
You want to support this "fact" at all or are you just going to keep saying it's a fact?
WHAT!? Are you serious? I need to sit here and explain to you why DE is a more important position in a Cover 2 than MLB?

You've gotta be kidding me. I know you just claim to be a "draftguru" and not a "footballguru", but you've gotta know this.

draftguru151
06-09-2007, 12:07 PM
Please explain why that one DE is by far the most important position. Yes I really would like you to explain a claim that you are making, go figure.

Vikes99ej
06-09-2007, 12:13 PM
Julius Peppers. After the game he had against us, I can't say anyone else. Bailey and Jason Taylor are up there, too.

Don Vito
06-09-2007, 12:41 PM
DE's are always important, but they are indeed more important in the tampa 2 because that scheme relies on pressuring the QB to sack him or force bad throws. That is why they draft pass-rushers at DE and DB's with great ball skills, so they can make the big-play on a poorly thrown pass. It is certainly debatable to say that DE is the most important part of the tampa 2, I will agree with you on that Tacticalion.

Man_Of_Steel
06-09-2007, 12:42 PM
Hes not on the list but i will always take...
Julius Peppers

TacticaLion
06-09-2007, 12:56 PM
Please explain why that one DE is by far the most important position. Yes I really would like you to explain a claim that you are making, go figure.The pass-rush is the most important aspect of a Cover 2 defense... without a pass-rush, the defense falls apart.

The pass-rush is created from the DLine... NOT from the LBers and not from the secondary.

DE (and even DT) are more important positions in the Cover 2 defense than MLB.

draftguru151
06-09-2007, 12:58 PM
DE's are always important, but they are indeed more important in the tampa 2 because that scheme relies on pressuring the QB to sack him or force bad throws. That is why they draft pass-rushers at DE and DB's with great ball skills, so they can make the big-play on a poorly thrown pass. It is certainly debatable to say that DE is the most important part of the tampa 2, I will agree with you on that Tacticalion.

DE is the most important position in any defense. You can have the best DBs in the world but without a pass rush it will do you no good. But that goes for every defense. The tampa 2 does not work if that MLB can't get into that deep 3rd though. It's just really annoying when some one says, "it's fact" as an argument with nothing to support it. 4 above average guys can get pressure, but an outside LB isn't going to make up in coverage for what the MLB does.

draftguru151
06-09-2007, 12:59 PM
The pass-rush is the most important aspect of a Cover 2 defense... without a pass-rush, the defense falls apart.

The pass-rush is created from the DLine... NOT from the LBers and not from the secondary.

DE (and even DT) are more important positions in the Cover 2 defense than MLB.

My point is, that is 4 people, 4 people create a pass rush, only one guy covers that middle, and it's the MLB.

TacticaLion
06-09-2007, 01:07 PM
DE is the most important position in any defense. You can have the best DBs in the world but without a pass rush it will do you no good. But that goes for every defense. The tampa 2 does not work if that MLB can't get into that deep 3rd though. It's just really annoying when some one says, "it's fact" as an argument with nothing to support it. 4 above average guys can get pressure, but an outside LB isn't going to make up in coverage for what the MLB does.THEN WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU ARGUING!? Are you serious? Do you type to look cool? To feel better? I'm lost.

I responded to this post:
I only said that MLB is not the most important position in a Cover 2 defense.

That's it. That's all I said. I never said that MLB isn't important at all... but that it isn't the most important.

Then you asked me to back up my statement (which is quite obvious).

And, now, you say this:
DE is the most important position in any defense.
Your posts are pointless.

TacticaLion
06-09-2007, 01:10 PM
My point is, that is 4 people, 4 people create a pass rush, only one guy covers that middle, and it's the MLB.

Umm... if you want to think of it that way. I think of it like this: 4 (only 4) players try to create a pass-rush... but have 5 (or 6... and, sometimes 7) opposing players standing in their way. If the MLB has some speed and movement, he can drop back... and doesn't have someone preventing him from doing so.

Oh yeah... and, if those players don't create that pass-rush, the defense falls apart. But, if the MLB doesn't fall back, but the pass-rush has been made, the defense is fine.

But... that was your point... so... *shrugs*.

draftguru151
06-09-2007, 01:32 PM
So if it's like that then it would seem like the MLB is the least important position, might as well put a CB there is all you need is speed and movement. That's why the Lions would have taken Patrick Willis in the top 10 if they moved down.

If I had to take one position on defense it would be DE, but your acting like it's so much more of a need in a tampa 2, when it is pretty much the same as the MLB. If I could take a perfect fit at MLB (Urlacher) or a DE (Freeney) I would easily take the MLB. Since the DL is undersized in a tampa 2 for the pass rush, it means they aren't good against the run and then the MLB has be able to stop the run without much help from the guys in front of him. So he needs to be able to take on blockers and stop the run, as well as be able to get into that middle 3rd. My point is that the MLB position in the tampa 2 is as important as the DE, and you saying it's a fact there is no argument is just asinine.

TacticaLion
06-09-2007, 01:55 PM
So if it's like that then it would seem like the MLB is the least important position, might as well put a CB there is all you need is speed and movement. That's why the Lions would have taken Patrick Willis in the top 10 if they moved down.

If I had to take one position on defense it would be DE, but your acting like it's so much more of a need in a tampa 2, when it is pretty much the same as the MLB. If I could take a perfect fit at MLB (Urlacher) or a DE (Freeney) I would easily take the MLB. Since the DL is undersized in a tampa 2 for the pass rush, it means they aren't good against the run and then the MLB has be able to stop the run without much help from the guys in front of him. So he needs to be able to take on blockers and stop the run, as well as be able to get into that middle 3rd. My point is that the MLB position in the tampa 2 is as important as the DE, and you saying it's a fact there is no argument is just asinine.Them (the Lions) wanting to take Patrick Willis in the top 10 does NOT mean it's a more important position than DE (which is the argument, isn't it?). They picked up DWhite in FA (who Marinelli is big on) and have Kalimba Edwards (who Marinelli thinks can be a beast and a great pass-rusher). They also have Shaun Rogers and Cory Redding, so the DLine looks to be in great shape. Don't quite see the relevance of that comment... (and, by the way, there were other players they wanted if they moved down... not just Patrick Willis).

It's pointless to debate this with you (as we've seen in previous posts). MLB is an important position in any defense, but DE is more important than MLB in the Cover 2. If you need an explanation, read above.

And, I'll leave you with this:
DE is the most important position in any defense.
My point is that the MLB position in the tampa 2 is as important as the DE

LitoSheppard
06-09-2007, 01:59 PM
Brian Dawkins is the best defensive player in the NFL.

23trufant
06-09-2007, 03:20 PM
I went with Bailey because in my opinon there are not as many elite CBs as there are at other positions, and Bailey is clearly the best.

draftguru151
06-09-2007, 03:27 PM
Them (the Lions) wanting to take Patrick Willis in the top 10 does NOT mean it's a more important position than DE (which is the argument, isn't it?). They picked up DWhite in FA (who Marinelli is big on) and have Kalimba Edwards (who Marinelli thinks can be a beast and a great pass-rusher). They also have Shaun Rogers and Cory Redding, so the DLine looks to be in great shape. Don't quite see the relevance of that comment... (and, by the way, there were other players they wanted if they moved down... not just Patrick Willis).

It's pointless to debate this with you (as we've seen in previous posts). MLB is an important position in any defense, but DE is more important than MLB in the Cover 2. If you need an explanation, read above.

And, I'll leave you with this:

If they were willing to take Willis in the top 10 they obviously value the position. Kalimba Edwards? You'd figure if the position was that important they would want a monster at the position.

My point, once again, is that the MLB is just as important as the DE, and you acting like it isn't even close is ridiculous.

TacticaLion
06-09-2007, 04:13 PM
If they were willing to take Willis in the top 10 they obviously value the position. Kalimba Edwards? You'd figure if the position was that important they would want a monster at the position.

My point, once again, is that the MLB is just as important as the DE, and you acting like it isn't even close is ridiculous.You are hilarious. I'ma give you rep for that post, because you either a) have no clue what I said, or b) are very funny.

I NEVER said that the MLB position "isn't even close" to being as important as the DE position... I just said that DE is the most important position in the Cover 2. Sure, MLB is important... as every position is... but DE is the most important. Hell, you even said it yourself.

Kalimba Edwards has always had the talent to be a great pass-rusher, but has not performed in past years. In his second year in the defense, and under DLine guru Rod Marinelli (who is working closely with him this year), he should get closer to performing up to his potential. So, having Kalimba at the position doesn't make it any less important. Hey... guess what? They're looking to start Paris Lenon at MLB. Solid argument.

You keep saying that MLB is just as important as DE... but also have said that DE is the most important position. I'm not sure if I should take you seriously, but, for the last time, the pass-rush is the foundation of the Cover 2, and the pass-rush is created from the DLine. A MLBer with coverage skill can fit in the Cover 2, but the defense needs great pass-rushers to succeed.

bearsfan_51
06-09-2007, 04:22 PM
Well I think we can all agree that Paris Lenon suck ass.

TacticaLion
06-09-2007, 04:25 PM
Well I think we can all agree that Paris Lenon suck ass.
In the past he has, yes... I think everyone would agree with that. He's looked great in camp so far, though, and the coaches think he can solidify the position.

Either way, the Kalimba Edwards argument was a bad one.

7-11
06-12-2007, 11:10 PM
[QUOTE=BlindSite;435247]
Urlacher is undoubtedly the best leader in the game defensively and has a good mind for changing the play at the line of scrimmage, he's great in all facets of the game.QUOTE]

cant really agree that he has a good mind for the game there are much smarter backers runnin around, but in saying that his instincts, physical presense and intensity are unmatched...well merriman is right there with him on those i guess

Boston
06-12-2007, 11:13 PM
In the past he has, yes... I think everyone would agree with that. He's looked great in camp so far, though, and the coaches think he can solidify the position.

Either way, the Kalimba Edwards argument was a bad one.

Silly Lions fans. All the losing must blind there judgement.

Denver Bronco99
06-13-2007, 12:16 AM
[QUOTE=BlindSite;435247]
Urlacher is undoubtedly the best leader in the game defensively and has a good mind for changing the play at the line of scrimmage, he's great in all facets of the game.QUOTE]

cant really agree that he has a good mind for the game there are much smarter backers runnin around, but in saying that his instincts, physical presense and intensity are unmatched...well merriman is right there with him on those i guess

i dont think urlacher is the best leader.....i dont care if Ray Lewis's play has declined he is every bit of the GREAT leader he has been....if not better with age.....i would take him head and shoulders on leadership and motivation alone of urlacher

7-11
06-13-2007, 09:28 PM
[QUOTE=7-11;449113]

i dont think urlacher is the best leader.....i dont care if Ray Lewis's play has declined he is every bit of the GREAT leader he has been....if not better with age.....i would take him head and shoulders on leadership and motivation alone of urlacher

exactly what im saying, urlacher is more of a physical play making freak then a smart defensive leader