PDA

View Full Version : Jason Hill, WR

49ersfan_87
06-04-2007, 09:51 PM
3rd round pick by the 49ers...i was surprised he lasted that far. I wanted him in the 2nd and wasnt even sure he would fall to the mid-2nd. Loved it when he got picked in the 3rd.

I was just wondering, what were peoples opinions about him? Does he project as a "number 1" WR in the NFL? Is he expected to be raw coming into the NFL?

SuperKevin
06-04-2007, 09:56 PM
I might be the only one who thinks he's going to end up like Peerless Price

terman
06-04-2007, 11:34 PM
He'll probably never end up being a true #1(although he could have a good shot at that since the Niners WR corps has been less than satisfactory lately) but he's a solid receiver that runs solid routes and has pretty nice hands. He's not super explosive despite his 4.32 40, but he does everything else pretty well. I'm really glad the Niners got him.

jbeans187
06-05-2007, 12:10 AM
He will be great for the niners

Green Bay Scat
06-05-2007, 12:23 AM
He'll be good, but still who knows.

CC.SD
06-05-2007, 02:10 AM
He'll be solid, but not spectacular. Leave the spectacular to Darrell Jackson and Vernon Davis.

toonsterwu
06-05-2007, 03:49 AM
I am a Jason Hill fan. Now ... will he ever be a number 1? That's tough for me to say at this moment. There are enough tools there to do it ... that's for sure. What I do think, though, is that Jason Hill could be a superb fit for the offense, and gives them a quality young talent to work with. Combined with Brandon Williams and Marcus Maxwell, that's some nice young options, with Battle/Lelie/Jackson potentially allowing guys to develop without being forced into situations that they aren't prepared for.

Jason tracks the deep ball real well, and uses his size. About the only big issue is that his explosiveness doesn't correlate all that well with his straight line speed, thus leading some to question his football speed. The thing is, I think he has more than enough football speed to become a solid playmaker.

A lot of variables go into it, but I was a big fan of the Jason Hill pick, and the Niners draft in general.

ninerfan
06-05-2007, 05:10 AM
He'll be good, but still who knows.

well gee dont put your nuts on the line too much

THIZZorDIE
06-05-2007, 12:20 PM
well gee dont put your nuts on the line too much

At least he isn't pretending like he knows for a fact what will happen. Goes on way too much on this board now.