PDA

View Full Version : Better Sophomore RB... Addai or Maroney?

JMiah
06-05-2007, 07:49 AM
Simple I suppose...

After last year one can clearly see that Joseph A. of the Colts and Lawrence M. of the Pats are going to be 2 pretty good HB's. Though I think the Panther's Williams and the Jag's Jones-Drew will still be good, it seems they will be battling the two back system... it is clear that Joseph and Lawrence are going to get the chances to start as they counterparts from last year were released...

So (expecting Maroney to be healthy) who will have the better year? Joseph or Lawrence?

bsaza2358
06-05-2007, 08:11 AM
How can I take this question seriously when you don't even know the name of Joseph Addai?

JMiah
06-05-2007, 08:19 AM
How can I take this question seriously when you don't even know the name of Joseph Addai?

Sorry I didn't spell it out for you. I guess the other second year Colts RB with the initials J.I. confused you.

If you need someone to change your diapers too, we can get you a social worker or something...

Shiver
06-05-2007, 08:23 AM
First off you did misspelled the name. Then you compounded your mistake by insulting the first person to call you out on it.

luckyjackaubrey
06-05-2007, 08:24 AM
I think Maroney will have the better year. Teams will be gearing up to stop the pats new pass attack weapons. They will view Maroney as the lesser of two evils. Although with the pats tendency to gameplan based on the opponent, Maroney's success is not easily judged. They may not have many gameplans that emphasize his contributions.

The Colts on the other hand are a team that does little differently regarding gameplanning week to week. Addai will be focused on by defenses b/c they ( the colts) have lost more weapons than gained this offseason, and the weapons they have are getting older and past their prime.

I would expect Maroney to get less carries than Addai, but have a better all around season.

Addict
06-05-2007, 08:25 AM
First off you did misspelled the name. Then you compounded your mistake by insulting the first person to call you out on it.

Well denial sometimes can be a very effective defense... not here though

JMiah
06-05-2007, 08:28 AM
Do you all want to discuss the spelling bee too since it means so much to all of you? Come on...

Addict
06-05-2007, 08:34 AM

Well you're a mod, could you fix the title before everyone starts post-whoring here to say the same thing over and over again?

Do you all want to discuss the spelling bee too since it means so much to all of you? Come on...

They'll be pretty close, but Maroney will have the better running stats, while Addai will end up with more recieving yards. Essentially it's the difference in the teams, the Colts are pass-first and the Pats are ball control.

jkpigskin
06-05-2007, 09:33 AM
i am intrigued of how each will play this year. Both, during their rookie seasons worked in a 2 back system, and now they will have to carry the full load this year.

personally, i think maroney is more talented, but IMO Addai is in a better situation to succeed.

Splat
06-05-2007, 09:36 AM
personally, i think maroney is more talented, but IMO Addai is in a better situation to succeed.

Yes and no NE on paper upgraded there O a whole lot but like I said on paper I like Maroney more my self.

jkpigskin
06-05-2007, 09:39 AM
Yes and no NE on paper upgraded there O a whole lot but like I said on paper I like Maroney more my self.

yea i know, i never said Maroney wasnt in a situation to succeed, i just think that Addai is perfect fit into a friendly offense and i think his situation is more favorable...

bsaza2358
06-05-2007, 09:42 AM
Sorry I didn't spell it out for you. I guess the other second year Colts RB with the initials J.I. confused you.

If you need someone to change your diapers too, we can get you a social worker or something...

First of all, if you're going to talk second year RB's, you have to include Maurice Jones-Drew and Reggie Bush.

Secondly, Joseph Addai's initials are JA, not JI. Even if you spelled it out for me, it wouldn't have made any sense.

Finally, maybe small details such as spelling and writing posts that are relevant and complete in scope isn't it's not a big deal for you, but it is for the rest of us.

AlexDown
06-05-2007, 09:59 AM
First of all, if you're going to talk second year RB's, you have to include Maurice Jones-Drew and Reggie Bush.

No he doesn't. He is not comparing all of the second year RBs. He is asking, which one of these two will have a better year.

bsaza2358
06-05-2007, 10:04 AM
No he doesn't. He is not comparing all of the second year RBs. He is asking, which one of these two will have a better year.

That is a limited discussion. While it is a decent thread, I believe it does a significant disservice to 2 top rookies from 2006 in Bush and MJD. Comparing and contrasting these 4 young players instead of the 2 specific ones would be more beneficial to the forum, IMO.

JMiah
06-05-2007, 10:13 AM
That is a limited discussion. While it is a decent thread, I believe it does a significant disservice to 2 top rookies from 2006 in Bush and MJD. Comparing and contrasting these 4 young players instead of the 2 specific ones would be more beneficial to the forum, IMO.

Not really... The Colts and Pats are rivals so that adds a little something more to the discussion of these two backs...

Furthermore... as I stated in the orignial question, Addai and Maroney now are the feature backs at their respective teams (Rhodes and Dillon are now gone). Unlike Bush (who still is backing up Deuce), Jones-Drew (who is also a 2 back guy) and Williams (2 back system)...

Thus one can clearly see that Addai and Maroney are set apart and good to compare and contrast... in that their teams are rivals and they have potentially won the starting roles on their respective teams and will thus recieve more carries, touches, etc...

I hope we can all have the freedom to post topics that are interesting to us, and hopefully interesting to others. In the future, if you do not enjoy a topic, feel free to keep your opinions to yourself...

bsaza2358
06-05-2007, 10:19 AM
I can't disagree with your assessment here, but I believe that given the amount of field time for Jones-Drew and Bush, and their teams being potentially in the top 60% of the NFL, they should be in the discussion as well. Yes, they will share time, but both Bush and MJD are the future at RB for their respective teams.

Since this is a forum, I will continue to express my opinions about a variety of topics. I will enjoy this topic, and I will post, and you can enjoy my presence in this thread.

JMiah
06-05-2007, 10:52 AM
I can't disagree with your assessment here, but I believe that given the amount of field time for Jones-Drew and Bush, and their teams being potentially in the top 60% of the NFL, they should be in the discussion as well. Yes, they will share time, but both Bush and MJD are the future at RB for their respective teams.

Since this is a forum, I will continue to express my opinions about a variety of topics. I will enjoy this topic, and I will post, and you can enjoy my presence in this thread.

Sure... I'm not trying to be difficult... I appreciate other's posts... I just though it might be worth debating... kind of like a new Brady/Manning rivalry...

Geo
06-05-2007, 11:00 AM
J.I.?

Please mercy-kill this thread.

ricky bobby
06-05-2007, 11:05 AM
J.I.?

Please mercy-kill this thread.
Just start talking about Michael Vick. It'll be only a matter of time before it's closed.

bsaza2358
06-05-2007, 11:28 AM
Just start talking about Michael Vick. It'll be only a matter of time before it's closed.

Ha. Hilarious.

toonsterwu
06-05-2007, 12:08 PM
I like both of them, but I'll take my chances with Addai having a more productive year.

IndyColtScout
06-05-2007, 12:22 PM
If the Colts D can improve at all, that will increase the amount of possessions the O gets and increase Addai's carries. I'll go w/ Maroney right now, just because NE has a more balanced team than the Colts right now (mostly on D).

CC.SD
06-05-2007, 12:49 PM
Has Maroney ever carried the load before, even in college? He's a little smaller with a slight tendency to get nicked up. My money's on Addai.

remix 6
06-05-2007, 02:10 PM
Has Maroney ever carried the load before, even in college? He's a little smaller with a slight tendency to get nicked up. My money's on Addai.

when did Addai carry the load? He was either injured or just didnt play much in college..

draftguru151
06-05-2007, 02:15 PM

Maroney had two 200 carry seasons in college, Addai had none. Maroney had multiple 40 carry games his last year. He has definitely carried the load before. Maroney also weighs more than Addai.

Talent wise, I'll take Maroney every day. Addai really benefits playing in Indy and that might help his stats be a bit better than Maroney's.

bearfan
06-05-2007, 02:29 PM
I think Maroney will, I really like how he runs. On top of that, the Pats added major weaopns to their offense, so teams have to look to stop that too. Addai on the otherhand is working w/ Peyton, who throws quite a bit more than Brady does

tylerb929
06-05-2007, 03:33 PM
Maroney is the better RB if you're talking about just giving him the ball and seeing where he goes. But when you add in blocking (which Addai is excellent at and which is very important to the colts offense) and catching the ball, I think they're neck and neck.

Addai was always banged up in college but held up last year, and Maroney had some issues last year but carried a load (lots of mileage) in college.

Both will be great, but I'll go with Addai overall, because he's an all around back. Plus I like his attitude, he seems to be all about getting better and always team first, and I like the way he talks he sounds a little "slow" but really knows his stuff.

constant cough
06-05-2007, 04:31 PM
Well I am an Addai fan so you know how I voted.

It would be really intresting if you would toss in Bush and Jones-Drew to the list.

Acreboy
06-05-2007, 08:11 PM
when did Addai carry the load? He was either injured or just didnt play much in college..
His Senior year he carried most of the load.

He had 181 carries and 911 yards to go with 9 TD's.

The next in line was Justin Vincent with 121 carries with 488 yards and 5 TD's.

Addai averages 4.9 YPC that year too.

I think statistically Mauroney will have the better year but Addai is the more complete back.

keylime_5
06-05-2007, 08:14 PM
Oh yeah, definitely Maroney. Addai is good, but not that good. He is just a guy, not someone who can takeover a game or anything. Maroney is gonna be on a different level when all's said and done.

JK17
06-05-2007, 08:15 PM

I think statistically Mauroney will have the better year but Addai is the more complete back.

I'm not sure carrying the ball 181 times really constitutes carrying the load though...

princefielder28
06-05-2007, 08:16 PM
Maroney is on an offense with a much improved passing game. The Colts have a solid passing game as well but Maroney is the overall better back thus he'll have the better year.

remix 6
06-05-2007, 08:38 PM

Maroney: 281 carries junior..217 sophomore year

so whoever said Maroney hasnt carried the load..hes done a lot more than Addai in college

Maroney is an underrated receiver..and blocker

tylerb929
06-05-2007, 08:57 PM
Addai is good, but not that good. He is just a guy, not someone who can takeover a game or anything.

Watch the Eagles @ Indy game. He had 171 yards on 24 carries with 4 TDs (averaging 7.1 yards per carry, along with 2 receptions for 37 yards).

He didn't make a single run over 15 yards and didn't make any for negative yards. He completely took over that game.

remix 6
06-05-2007, 09:06 PM
Watch the Eagles @ Indy game. He had 171 yards on 24 carries with 4 TDs (averaging 7.1 yards per carry, along with 2 receptions for 37 yards).

He didn't make a single run over 15 yards and didn't make any for negative yards. He completely took over that game.

against 1 of the worst run Ds at the time?
i can name a big game verse a bad D with decent WRs at best

Maroney verse Bengals: 15 carries, 125 yards. 8.3 ypc 2 TDs. 1 catch 15 yards

..it was even better looking than stats indicate. he made a fool of everyone on Bengals and stiffed arm..ran over..juked. he did it all.

Geo
06-05-2007, 09:26 PM
Addai has the higher floor, isn't a game-breaker but is consistently good. A stellar all-purpose back from day one who doesn't buckle under pressure, thanks to his experience at LSU under Nick Saban/Jimbo Fisher and playing in the SEC.

Maroney has the higher ceiling, with game-breaking potential (which we've already seen) in addition to being able to shoulder the load. As he continues to refine his skills, he'll be an excellent all-purpose back sooner rather than later.

The above is why I loved both guys coming out of college, ranking them 2A and 2B for the Colts behind Reggie, and just hoped they could get one of the two.

sodar21
06-05-2007, 09:28 PM
Addai has the higher floor, isn't a game-breaker but is consistently good. A stellar all-purpose back from day one who doesn't buckle under pressure, thanks to his experience at LSU under Nick Saban/Jimbo Fisher and playing in the SEC.

Maroney has the higher ceiling, with game-breaking potential (which we've already seen) in addition to being able to shoulder the load. As he continues to refine his skills, he'll be an excellent all-purpose back sooner rather than later.

The above is why I loved both guys coming out of college, ranking them 2A and 2B for the Colts behind Reggie, and just hoped they could get one of the two.

What exactly gives Addai the higher floor? Maroney was a better back in college (ie proven rather than unknown) and didn't have injury problems.

Acreboy
06-05-2007, 09:46 PM
Maroney: 281 carries junior..217 sophomore year

so whoever said Maroney hasnt carried the load..hes done a lot more than Addai in college

Maroney is an underrated receiver..and blockerUnderrated? Sure.

Just not better than Addai.

dc4life
06-05-2007, 09:52 PM
Didn't Maroney have something wrong with his shoulder? I thought I read something about this a couple of months ago. Can anyone clear that up?

ninerfan
06-06-2007, 02:08 AM
Dunno why but I've always like the 'phoney Maroney's' style

Sniper
06-06-2007, 02:20 AM

Dude I love the Eagles but our run defense bordered on pathetic. That's not a good barometer. Maroney for me please. Better all-around back, bigger, faster

Woody56
06-06-2007, 02:25 AM
I think Maroney is a better runner than Addai, but Addai is so good as a receiver and blocker that puts him higher than Maroney for me. So Addai for me.

Dam8610
06-06-2007, 04:37 AM
Both were in similar situations last year, playing in a backup role to a veteran RB, but seeing significant PT. The results in 2006:

Addai
226 Rush Att 1081 Rush Yds 4.8 YPC 7 TDs 66 FDs
40 Rec 325 Rec Yds 8.1 YPR 1 TD 20 FDs

Maroney
175 Rush Att 745 Rush Yds 4.3 YPC 6 TDs 40 FDs
22 Rec 194 Rec Yds 8.8 YPR 1 TD 11 FDs

So, despite carrying the ball 51 more times, Addai averaged 1/2 yard more per carry while also doing much more in the passing game, maintaining relatively similar production rates to Maroney in the passing game over nearly double the amount of receptions. This does not take into account blocking, but to compare, Addai was usually in for passing situations for the Colts (and did things such as stop DeMarcus Ware cold from full speed when asked to block), whereas Kevin Faulk was the Patriots' usual choice of RB on passing downs. So, in just about every respect other than kick returning (which the Colts did not allow Addai to do), Addai was at the very least as good and in most aspects better than Maroney in 2006. Given that both teams improved their offenses on paper over the offseason (though as we all know, that means very little), I don't see much changing. The only way I see Maroney outperforming Addai in 2007 is if Maroney is asked to carry the full load and Addai is not (which is a possibility since the Colts have stated numerous times this offseason that they would like to continue employing the 2 back system).

Maroney for me please. Better all-around back

Surely you jest. Better runner? Debatable, but I'll concede it. Addai is still by far the better receiver and blocker, and the difference between their abilities as a runner is not nearly large enough (as shown above) to make up the difference Addai makes in all other facets of the game.

remix 6
06-06-2007, 05:29 AM
Both were in similar situations last year, playing in a backup role to a veteran RB, but seeing significant PT. The results in 2006:

Addai
226 Rush Att 1081 Rush Yds 4.8 YPC 7 TDs 66 FDs
40 Rec 325 Rec Yds 8.1 YPR 1 TD 20 FDs

Maroney
175 Rush Att 745 Rush Yds 4.3 YPC 6 TDs 40 FDs
22 Rec 194 Rec Yds 8.8 YPR 1 TD 11 FDs

So, despite carrying the ball 51 more times, Addai averaged 1/2 yard more per carry while also doing much more in the passing game, maintaining relatively similar production rates to Maroney in the passing game over nearly double the amount of receptions. This does not take into account blocking, but to compare, Addai was usually in for passing situations for the Colts (and did things such as stop DeMarcus Ware cold from full speed when asked to block), whereas Kevin Faulk was the Patriots' usual choice of RB on passing downs. So, in just about every respect other than kick returning (which the Colts did not allow Addai to do), Addai was at the very least as good and in most aspects better than Maroney in 2006. Given that both teams improved their offenses on paper over the offseason (though as we all know, that means very little), I don't see much changing. The only way I see Maroney outperforming Addai in 2007 is if Maroney is asked to carry the full load and Addai is not (which is a possibility since the Colts have stated numerous times this offseason that they would like to continue employing the 2 back system).

Surely you jest. Better runner? Debatable, but I'll concede it. Addai is still by far the better receiver and blocker, and the difference between their abilities as a runner is not nearly large enough (as shown above) to make up the difference Addai makes in all other facets of the game.

our OL couldnt run block..we used a power scheme that didnt suit Maroney. He didnt get many chances to receive out of backfield..we have Faulk whos 1 of the best 3rd down backs. Unfair to compare any stats when u have 2 of the best WRs when we had Caldwell-Brown-Gaffney

amazingdonnie
06-06-2007, 05:38 AM
our OL couldnt run block..we used a power scheme that didnt suit Maroney. He didnt get many chances to receive out of backfield..we have Faulk whos 1 of the best 3rd down backs. Unfair to compare any stats when u have 2 of the best WRs when we had Caldwell-Brown-Gaffney

That's true. I believe this year, the Pats will run him out of the shotgun or an ace set with 4wrs. This will allow Maroney to find holes easily, and have a huge year. Maroney is just simply a much better runner, this isn't even debatable. Anyone who has seen his burst, quickness, and power, knows he is an elite runner. As for blocking and pass protection, Addai is better, but people forget, those are skill related, they will develop. Running is more of a natural ability, some guys just can fly and move, some can't. Maroney, is going to be a much better back than Addai when their careers are over. Talent-wise, Maroney takes the cake, and his skills will develop to overcome Addai easily.

Dam8610
06-06-2007, 05:52 AM

How did I know the "Colts had better WRs" argument would come up? Wouldn't the Colts having better WRs imply the Pats' need to make more use of their talented young RB, in both the running and passing game? Yet Maroney carried the ball 51 less times than Addai last season, averaged 1/2 yard less per carry, and had slightly over half of the receptions Addai did at about the same rate of production. Harrison and Wayne explain all that? Wow, they must be better than Rice and Taylor. If Maroney was a good receiver and blocker, he would have cut into Faulk's playing time. As for the Pats' OL, has the personnel changed? I know they're going to more of a ZBS this year, but if their OL couldn't run block last year, a shift in scheme won't make that much difference. Given an approximately equal workload, I'll take the more consistent and more productive player in this, and that would be Addai.

tylerb929
06-06-2007, 06:33 AM
Dude I love the Eagles but our run defense bordered on pathetic. That's not a good barometer. Maroney for me please. Better all-around back, bigger, faster

I'm not saying that IS Addai and he'll do it everygame. He just told me Addai COULDN'T take over a game, and I showed him he could.

tylerb929
06-06-2007, 06:37 AM
Maroney is an underrated receiver..and blocker

I never said Maroney was bad. In fact he's about average.

But Addai is better. Addai played some WR at LSU, and he has excellent hands. On top of that he probably did better in passing blocking situations than any rookie RB I've seen before.

Acreboy
06-06-2007, 10:14 AM
I think Maroney is a better runner than Addai, but Addai is so good as a receiver and blocker that puts him higher than Maroney for me. So Addai for me.
That's how I feel too.

Addict
06-06-2007, 10:29 AM
great, this thread went from a 'whine about a spelling error' to a LSU homer fest. Doomed from the day it started.

draftguru151
06-06-2007, 10:41 AM
How did I know the "Colts had better WRs" argument would come up? Wouldn't the Colts having better WRs imply the Pats' need to make more use of their talented young RB, in both the running and passing game? Yet Maroney carried the ball 51 less times than Addai last season, averaged 1/2 yard less per carry, and had slightly over half of the receptions Addai did at about the same rate of production. Harrison and Wayne explain all that? Wow, they must be better than Rice and Taylor. If Maroney was a good receiver and blocker, he would have cut into Faulk's playing time. As for the Pats' OL, has the personnel changed? I know they're going to more of a ZBS this year, but if their OL couldn't run block last year, a shift in scheme won't make that much difference. Given an approximately equal workload, I'll take the more consistent and more productive player in this, and that would be Addai.

Ever think having WRs like that might open up the field a bit and back the safeties up a little?

Are we arguing who will have the better statistics or who is the better player? All the stats you brought up mean very little in terms of their talent. Addai ran behind such a better OL last year. Had a much more open field when running.

Addict
06-06-2007, 11:15 AM
Ever think having WRs like that might open up the field a bit and back the safeties up a little?

Are we arguing who will have the better statistics or who is the better player? All the stats you brought up mean very little in terms of their talent. Addai ran behind such a better OL last year. Had a much more open field when running.

and Pats passing game wasn't quite as scary as the Colts', especially because of the recieving corps. 1,900!

DeathbyStat
06-06-2007, 11:24 AM
I like Mauroney better as a player but I think Adai is taylor made for the colts offense so he may have more production.

remix 6
06-06-2007, 04:06 PM

u knew it was coming because its a big part..we dont have an elite OL and having no outside threat leaves us with 8 men in box

8 men in box..inconsistent run blocking .. power scheme..

that doesnt go well.

heres what u see this year.

7 men in box(who will dare to play a safety up with Moss and Stallworth aswell as Watson who wont be doubled?)

ZBS..there was a lot of talk about going to Zone..and we did a little last year.

playcalling: Maroney last year had too many runs inside while Dillon went outside..we couldnt utilize his speed. its fine if our run blocking was strong but it wasnt so inside running with his speed..didnt give him a chance to run 80 yards.

constant cough
06-06-2007, 09:11 PM
People are just basing their Maroney love because of his college career. Well of course he rushed for more yards than Joe in college he played at fricking Minnesota! All they do is run the ball, do they even have recievers on that team? Comparing college production when systems are really drastically different to NFL production were the talent and schemes are pretty even just doesn't wash.

All college stats tell me is that Maroney has more mileage on him than Addai. But I've seen nothing in their short NFL careers that tells me Maroney is better, in fact their NFL numbers seem to tell other wise. After all it was Addai who lead all rookies in rushing and not Maroney.

remix 6
06-06-2007, 09:17 PM
People are just basing their Maroney love because of his college career. Well of course he rushed for more yards than Joe in college he played at fricking Minnesota! All they do is run the ball, do they even have recievers on that team? Comparing college production when systems are really drastically different to NFL production were the talent and schemes are pretty even just doesn't wash.

All college stats tell me is that Maroney has more mileage on him than Addai. But I've seen nothing in their short NFL careers that tells me Maroney is better, in fact their NFL numbers seem to tell other wise. After all it was Addai who lead all rookies in rushing and not Maroney.

...and? stats tell the stories since?

Kitna had more passing yards than Brady. your point?

Maroney had multi injuries..a knee..a tight..an ankle..a rib and a shoulder

he missed a few games from the rib and then rest and he came back with a shoulder brace aswell which he got surgery on this year.

if u watched a single Patriots game u would say WTF every time we run the ball.
1) Maroney got hit in the backfield so many times because someone got through
2) The play calls were mostly inside runs..wheres the speed advantage by going inside?

Maroney was near top of league in yards after contact..
2. How many yards can a running back pick up after contact? The top-five backs in average yards after contact are all significantly better than the 2-yard after-contact average in the NFL. The top-10 NFL backs with a minimum of 150 carries that make something happen after the first tackler strikes are Gore, Travis Henry, Laurence Maroney, Taylor, Cadillac Williams, LaDainian Tomlinson, Westbrook, Chester Taylor, Kevin Jones and Tiki Barber in that order.

1. Gore
2. Henry
3. Maroney
4. F. Taylor
5. Williams
6. LT
7. Westbrook
8. C. Taylor
9. Jones
10. Barber

whats that say about guys like Maroney-Williams-Jones all who had "okay seasons"

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/9854300

constant cough
06-06-2007, 09:25 PM
Yeah dude I haven't watched a single Pats game this past season I'm just blowing smoke and looking at stats. I've seen plenty Maroney in college and this past year. Have I said he wasn't a good player? No. What I've said is I don't think he's better than Addai, just as good? Sure you could sell me on that but not better. And all your excuse making about injuries and running on the inside isn't going to change my mind about that.

I think they are about equal running. Addai is a better reciever and blocker but Maroney can return punts and kicks. Makes em about even. Sorry I just don't see anything from Maroney that tells me he's head and sholders above Addai other than his pre draft hype which is what seems to be carrying over in most peoples minds.

remix 6
06-06-2007, 09:40 PM
Yeah dude I haven't watched a single Pats game this past season I'm just blowing smoke and looking at stats. I've seen plenty Maroney in college and this past year. Have I said he wasn't a good player? No. What I've said is I don't think he's better than Addai, just as good? Sure you could sell me on that but not better. And all your excuse making about injuries and running on the inside isn't going to change my mind about that.

I think they are about equal running. Addai is a better reciever and blocker but Maroney can return punts and kicks. Makes em about even. Sorry I just don't see anything from Maroney that tells me he's head and sholders above Addai other than his pre draft hype which is what seems to be carrying over in most peoples minds.

the reason people here like Maroney is his running style. He doesnt look like a big guy..he looks somewhat skinny..hes not very built but hes a home run threat..hes got a top stiff arm and he can shake and break tackles. Hes suprisingly strong for someone who doesnt seem very powerful.

How many offensive pro bowlers did Patriots have? 1..which was an alternate

how many did Colts have? 5 ?

it makes a big difference with the supporting cast. Did Cadillac Williams just decide to suck? I dont think so.. How about James? I dont think so.

how can you say Addai is a better receiver and blocker than Maroney? Maroney caught everything his way..and he blocked well. Faulk is 1 of the best 3rd down backs..not many people in league are as good receivers as Faulk so dont say why didnt Maroney take over him.Maroney didnt drop passes or miss blocking assignments..i know Addai is a good blocker but so is Maroney. If Maroney averaged 4.3 ypc..and Addai averaged 4.8, what does Maroney being #3 in league in YAC say while Addai isnt top 10 in that category? Tells me either Addai had huge holes..and got his 4.8 avg or it could mean Maroney got hit near line of scrimmage but still managed 4.3 ypc.

DaBears9654
06-07-2007, 06:38 PM
I have a simple, not-in-depth hunch that it will be Maroney.

awfullyquiet
06-08-2007, 06:12 AM
addai is the better weapon.
maroney is the better runner.

it's pretty much that simple.

they'll both fit their teams fine.
the patriots aren't looking for a reciever out of the backfield, they have five (plus) WR's who have done some damage in the past.
the colts will use addai to every bit of his potential, whereas he's a better pass protector, a better reciever (which can be said is due to the system)...

who will have more Yards from Scrimmage?
Addai. Easy.
But that's because the pats will go to four man sets for short passing more often and use their agile recievers to get YAC.

Who will do more for the offense as a whole? Maroney. He'll set the tempo in Bill's offense, and gets a good initial punch on the pass rush to set up the short passing game. He'll be the cog of the game, pick up lots of carries, and may not have the production he had last year, but will benifit from the defense looking pass first with significant play-action potential.

Bearsfan123
06-08-2007, 10:12 AM
I like Maroney more, but Addai is good in his own right. I think Maroney's talents will be shown during the upcoming season.