PDA

View Full Version : Ravens trying to ink Suggs

Splat
06-05-2007, 09:25 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/rumors;_ylt=Anyi_cmDlgrk_a48sYEsiWQH8sMF

The Baltimore Ravens (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/bal/) remain in negotiations with Pro Bowl outside linebacker Terrell Suggs (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/6346/), but no deal is believed to be imminent.

Suggs is entering the final season of his rookie contract and triggered an escalator clause with his 40th career sack that boosted his 2007 base salary to $5 million.

Suggs is the team's top negotiating priority, and they have been trying to sign him to a contract extension since shortly before the draft in April.

bsaza2358
06-05-2007, 09:27 AM
Not a bad idea at all to get Suggs locked up. They will want to prorate his salary and bonuses during a longer deal to give them additional cap flexibility. Suggs is a key piece to their defense, particularly with the free agent loss of Adalius Thomas to New England.

jkpigskin
06-05-2007, 09:28 AM
wat a relief it would be to sign him to a new deal before the season starts....

he's still only 24, which is hard to believe

jkpigskin
06-05-2007, 09:29 AM
Not a bad idea at all to get Suggs locked up. They will want to prorate his salary and bonuses during a longer deal to give them additional cap flexibility. Suggs is a key piece to their defense, particularly with the free agent loss of Adalius Thomas to New England.

also, we didnt sign adalius to a new deal, partly due to our commitment to suggs who as i said is young and has more years left than AD

Splat
06-05-2007, 09:32 AM
The guy is going to get huge money for sure they are going to have to break the bank on this one IMO.

Nitschke-Hawk
06-05-2007, 10:05 AM
He'll get like 6 years atleast 40 million.

ricky bobby
06-05-2007, 10:11 AM
He'll get like 6 years atleast 40 million.
Oh easily. He's arguably a top 5 DE in the league. Look at what Adalius Thomas got, and he's much older than Suggs. Then look at what Grant from New Orleans got. Suggs is going to break the 55 million mark IMO.

PalmerToCJ
06-05-2007, 10:46 AM
This would be a VERY good move by the Ravens.

I really think they need to get him locked up before the season or they may not be able to re-sign him. He'd get massive money in FA (although I'm sure they would franchise him).

Geo
06-05-2007, 10:57 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if the Suggs, Freeney, and Peppers camps are likely waiting for one to make the first deal, setting precedent for the others to make their negotiations easier.

Maybe the Charles Grant signing is the first shoe to drop in this scenario, probably moreso that the aforementioned three should likely earn more.

Hines
06-05-2007, 11:22 AM
i wonder who he would go too if they do not resign him

i wonder if he would go to someone in the afc north
like the steelers or browns

interesting
i like him, its fun seein him on sundays against the steelers

BigDawg819
06-05-2007, 12:02 PM
Suggs will be re-signed, I figure sometime during training camp as is the history with these signings for the Ravens.

jkpigskin
06-05-2007, 12:03 PM
just wondering.... how much difference is the normal salary for DE's and OLB's?

EdReedUnstoppable
06-05-2007, 01:45 PM
i wonder who he would go too if they do not resign him

I think we will re-sign him, but if we did not I wouldn't be surprised to see him sign with the Arizona Cardinals.

Addict
06-05-2007, 01:49 PM
I think we will re-sign him, but if we did not I wouldn't be surprised to see him sign with the Arizona Cardinals.

why is that?

jkpigskin
06-05-2007, 01:53 PM
why is that?

tsuggs went to college there

Ravens1991
06-05-2007, 01:57 PM
or Minnesota, I remember reading that Minnesota was his favorite team growing up. Apparently some drug dealers were after his family, the drug dealers picked a fight, T-sizzle whooped some ass then they moved to Arizona. I read that on a different board.

Smooth Criminal
06-05-2007, 01:57 PM
I think he'll be resigned. He's a great player with alot of years left ahead of him. They need to get his deal done cause he's gonna get a ton of money in FA and they might not be able to match that number and end up losing another great defensive talent.

Mr. Stiller
06-05-2007, 02:01 PM
I'd love to add him to Pittsburgh.. Suggs, Timmons, Foote and Woodley.. Young and very hungry..

We're supposed to have an all-time under the cap # next offseason. We run a 3-4.. he'll save us a draft pick we can dedicate to LT. My only question is, how many more big name guys can Baltimore literally afford to pay..

They lost 4 starters this past off-season....

Ogden will likely be gone next year so they need a new LT.

How many more years of McNair at what cost?

I don't know the contract details of Lewis, Reed, Gregg, or McCallister off the top of my head, but I'm thinking they're going to be pretty strapped here soon (Like I said though I'm not 100% sure of their cap).

I'm not dissing anyone, I'm just literally curious if they can afford him. Or who they'll have to lose.

EdReedUnstoppable
06-05-2007, 02:07 PM
why is that?

He makes his offseason home in AZ and he loves the state of AZ.

Addict
06-05-2007, 02:08 PM
He makes his offseason home in AZ and he loves the state of AZ.

Oh okay, well yeah that makes it a very good possibility.

EdReedUnstoppable
06-05-2007, 02:08 PM
I'd love to add him to Pittsburgh.. Suggs, Timmons, Foote and Woodley.. Young and very hungry..

We're supposed to have an all-time under the cap # next offseason. We run a 3-4.. he'll save us a draft pick we can dedicate to LT. My only question is, how many more big name guys can Baltimore literally afford to pay..

They lost 4 starters this past off-season....

Ogden will likely be gone next year so they need a new LT.

How many more years of McNair at what cost?

I don't know the contract details of Lewis, Reed, Gregg, or McCallister off the top of my head, but I'm thinking they're going to be pretty strapped here soon (Like I said though I'm not 100% sure of their cap).

I'm not dissing anyone, I'm just literally curious if they can afford him. Or who they'll have to lose.

Ray has I believe 2 or 3 years left under contract

Reed just signed a 6 year extension before last season

Gregg has 2 or 3 years left under contract

McAlister signed a 7 year contract back in 05

EdReedUnstoppable
06-05-2007, 02:09 PM
Oh okay, well yeah that makes it a very good possibility.

Plus I think the Cardinals would drop huge money on him, to bring in a young defensive star.

Mr. Stiller
06-05-2007, 02:11 PM
Ray has I believe 2 or 3 years left under contract

Reed just signed a 6 year extension before last season

Gregg has 2 or 3 years left under contract

McAlister signed a 7 year contract back in 05

Thats what I thought, I just think with the money they've been throwing at their defenders (Not saying they're not worth it, they are). Just it's certainly strapping them to retain solid players.

EdReedUnstoppable
06-05-2007, 02:13 PM
Thats what I thought, I just think with the money they've been throwing at their defenders (Not saying they're not worth it, they are). Just it's certainly strapping them to retain solid players.

Yeah and don't forget we just spent a fortune re-signing Todd Heap to a 6 year extension 2 years ago(which in my opinion was a mistake). Not saying I don't like Heap but we could find another TE who is just as good for cheaper.

EdReedUnstoppable
06-05-2007, 02:14 PM
And lets not forget the 7 year $42 mil waste that is our starting RB.

Addict
06-05-2007, 02:15 PM
Plus I think the Cardinals would drop huge money on him, to bring in a young defensive star.

well you could say the same thing about San Francisco I guess.

Mr. Stiller
06-05-2007, 02:19 PM
And lets not forget the 7 year $42 mil waste that is our starting RB.

This one I agree with. If McGahee doesn't blow up the AFC:N.... this trade could set back the ravens a few years.

Mr. Stiller
06-05-2007, 02:19 PM
well you could say the same thing about San Francisco I guess.

With all the money they threw around this offseason I'm not quite sure how much they'll have left.

EdReedUnstoppable
06-05-2007, 02:20 PM
This one I agree with. If McGahee doesn't blow up the AFC:N.... this trade could set back the ravens a few years.

He won't he'll suck just like he did in Buffalo, and we'll be in big trouble signing new free agents because of his worthless ass taking up cap space. IMO he sets the franchise back about 4 or 5 years.

Addict
06-05-2007, 02:24 PM
With all the money they threw around this offseason I'm not quite sure how much they'll have left.

that's true... but they had so much room I suppose there's still some left.

Hines
06-05-2007, 02:24 PM
He won't he'll suck just like he did in Buffalo, and we'll be in big trouble signing new free agents because of his worthless ass taking up cap space. IMO he sets the franchise back about 4 or 5 years.

i agree with that

i mean i think he will put up decent numbers because the oline is way better in balt then in buffalo but i dont think he will be able to handle havin the opposing defence focus on him since the ravens, imo, have no legit threat on taht side of the ball.

i mean they have heap, clayton, and mason, but imo i think id rather have lee evans more then those three.

but again taht is just my opinion

EdReedUnstoppable
06-05-2007, 02:30 PM
i agree with that

i mean i think he will put up decent numbers because the oline is way better in balt then in buffalo but i dont think he will be able to handle havin the opposing defence focus on him since the ravens, imo, have no legit threat on taht side of the ball.

i mean they have heap, clayton, and mason, but imo i think id rather have lee evans more then those three.

but again taht is just my opinion

I don't think he'll put up decent numbers, he is just a terrible RB and we made a huge mistake in trading for him instead of Thomas Jones or signing Dominic Rhodes or trading up to draft Marshawn Lynch. His numbers will look alot like last years numbers and we'll be saddled with his sorry ass for 5 years, and by the time we get rid of him finally our window of opurtunity will be closed locked and boarded up. Ray, JO, Mase, Mac, Samari will all be gone and we'll be rebuilding but at least we'll have a new RB and a new QB the season after that.

Hines
06-05-2007, 02:32 PM
I don't think he'll put up decent numbers, he is just a terrible RB and we made a huge mistake in trading for him instead of Thomas Jones or signing Dominic Rhodes or trading up to draft Marshawn Lynch. His numbers will look alot like last years numbers and we'll be saddled with his sorry ass for 5 years, and by the time we get rid of him finally our window of opurtunity will be closed locked and boarded up. Ray, JO, Mase, Mac, Samari will all be gone and we'll be rebuilding but at least we'll have a new RB and a new QB the season after that.

ya thats true
i just got done lookin at his stats
his three years of starting is pretty horrible
he dont even average 4 yards per carry on his carrer

and willie parker averages almost 5
and almost has as much yards in his career in two years then mcgahee does in his three

Hines
06-05-2007, 02:34 PM
mcgahee has good size and speed but i guess u can call him an overacheiver

he also i guess has the tendacy with a disease called fumbleidis

BigDawg819
06-05-2007, 02:35 PM

Especially when we could have saved our 3rd round pick and got a Kenny Iroms or a Tony Hunt and been just fine. And if Suggs doesn't get re-signed and winds up going to Pittsburgh, I will kill myself by jumping off the Key Bridge!

Ravens1991
06-05-2007, 02:37 PM
I am preety sure Willis contract was set extremly back-heavy, I am not so sure though.

Hines
06-05-2007, 02:37 PM
Especially when we could have saved our 3rd round pick and got a Kenny Iroms or a Tony Hunt and been just fine. And if Suggs doesn't get re-signed and winds up going to Pittsburgh, I will kill myself by jumping off the Key Bridge!

he probably wont because the rooney's dont break bank on free agents but i would love for him to come to pittsburgh.

if he did then i can seriously say we would have the best young defence maybe the best defence in the nfl

but then again its only a fantasy, not a reality

Ravens1991
06-05-2007, 02:38 PM
mcgahee has good size and speed but i guess u can call him an overacheiver

he also i guess has the tendacy with a disease called fumbleidis

Overachiever, if anything he is a under achiever.

BigDawg819
06-05-2007, 02:38 PM
I am preety sure Willis contract was set extremly back-heavy, I am not so sure though.

Regardless, its another running back with a history of knee problems not to mention the fact that we are an I formation team and he's more in favor of a singleback formation. He better be worth it!

Ravens1991
06-05-2007, 02:40 PM
Billick said we are switching to more 3 WR set, 1 RB formation something that Jamal couldnt do. Plus McNair has a habit of dumping it off to the RB, and McGahee can bust those 2 yard dump offs into 8-9 yard gains.

BigDawg819
06-05-2007, 02:43 PM
Billick said we are switching to more 3 WR set, 1 RB formation something that Jamal couldnt do. Plus McNair has a habit of dumping it off to the RB, and McGahee can bust those 2 yard dump offs into 8-9 yard gains.

You're speculating that he can break those dump offs for big gains, but I'm tired of a dink and dunk offense when we could have Kyle in there and have an actual ariel attack of more then 15 yards a pass. Plus if we do run a mainly 3 WR set, then what about Justin Green and why did we draft McClain?

Hines
06-05-2007, 02:44 PM
the top three teams in the afc north have beasty three recievers

pittsburgh:
hines
santonio
nate

baltimore:
mason
clayton
d williams

cinci:
ocho cinco
tj whosyourmomma
chris henry

BigDawg819
06-05-2007, 02:46 PM
the top three teams in the afc north have beasty three recievers

pittsburgh:
hines
santonio
nate

baltimore:
mason
clayton
d williams

cinci:
ocho cinco
tj whosyourmomma
chris henry

Did you honestly just say that Nate Washington is a "beasty" receiver? Wow, just wow!?!

Hines
06-05-2007, 02:49 PM
Did you honestly just say that Nate Washington is a "beasty" receiver? Wow, just wow!?!

i didnt call him beastly (thats what i meant)
but i do think he can develop into a good reciever if he can catch the ball better.

he had a good season last year even though he would have had more touchdown catches if he didnt drop any of them.

but i think he can be a good reciever in this league. number 1, no, but maybe a decent number 2. that is if he can work on his catching

Ravens1991
06-05-2007, 02:51 PM
You're speculating that he can break those dump offs for big gains, but I'm tired of a dink and dunk offense when we could have Kyle in there and have an actual ariel attack of more then 15 yards a pass. Plus if we do run a mainly 3 WR set, then what about Justin Green and why did we draft McClain?

McGahee brings in a lot more speed then Jamal had, plus Willis is actually going to voluntary training camp which he said he did, so that is wont hurt. Plus when Billick was actually calling plays McNair did well(Even ERU admited that is was McNairs best time) so now we get a full season of Billick calling plays that wont hurt either.

BigDawg819
06-05-2007, 02:51 PM
i didnt call him beastly (thats what i meant)
but i do think he can develop into a good reciever if he can catch the ball better.

he had a good season last year even though he would have had more touchdown catches if he didnt drop any of them.

but i think he can be a good reciever in this league. number 1, no, but maybe a decent number 2. that is if he can work on his catching

If I recall Washington is the 4 receiver behind Cedrick Wilson so I think you have a bit too much faith in him, at least from what I've seen of Nate's play. And I realize you meant beastly but its still just wow..........

Hines
06-05-2007, 02:55 PM
If I recall Washington is the 4 receiver behind Cedrick Wilson so I think you have a bit too much faith in him, at least from what I've seen of Nate's play. And I realize you meant beastly but its still just wow..........

no nate is mostly the third reciever
and if he is not he should be
i dont like cedrick wilson and i hope he gets cut

nate put up 35-624-4 plus he had a 17.8 ypc
while wilson put up 37-504-1 with a 13.6 ypc

Hines
06-05-2007, 02:59 PM
keep in mind that cedrick started 12 games and put up those stats and washingon started only 2

jkpigskin
06-05-2007, 03:06 PM
dang, so much willis hate

he'll show why we got him this year... he'll play well and not cost the franchise

Hines
06-05-2007, 03:07 PM
dang, so much willis hate

he'll show why we got him this year... he'll play well and not cost the franchise

eh i dont think so buddy

i would take at least 10 running backs over him

jkpigskin
06-05-2007, 03:08 PM
o and to think tony hunt or kenny irons could be better?
pleaseeeeeeeeee irons isnt very good IMO.. sure for a not big guy, he isnt very fast and lacks that strength u want

and hunt is a slower version of jamal

jkpigskin
06-05-2007, 03:08 PM
eh i dont think so buddy

i would take at least 10 running backs over him

yea, and jamal lewis isnt one of them ..is he?

Hines
06-05-2007, 03:09 PM
nfl live just said that mcgahee is a bigger gain then AT was a loss

actually slareff(sp) said he was

but michael a smith said it was fiction

Ravens1991
06-05-2007, 03:16 PM

thank you, we have a upgrade at RB who can go to the outside and catch passes. I am sure Ozzie set up McGahees contract so he can still re-sign Suggs.

jkpigskin
06-05-2007, 03:20 PM
in ozzie we trust
http://209.85.48.9/8840/126/emo/77.gif

EdReedUnstoppable
06-05-2007, 03:54 PM

Actually Jamal is 1 of those guys, here are the guys better than Willis....

Thomas Jones
Jamal Lewis
LaDanian Tomlinson
Larry Johnson
Ronnie Brown
Cadillac Williams
Rudi Johnson
Willie Parker
Laurence Maroney
Travis Henry
Dominic Rhodes
Fred Taylor
Maurice Jones-Drew
Joseph Addai
Ahman Green
Chester Taylor
Brian Westbrook
Clinton Portis
Ladell Betts
Julius Jones
Warrick Dunn
Deuce McAlister
Frank Gore
Edgerrin James
Shaun Alexander
Steven Jackson

EdReedUnstoppable
06-05-2007, 03:54 PM
thank you, we have a upgrade at RB who can go to the outside and catch passes. I am sure Ozzie set up McGahees contract so he can still re-sign Suggs.

We actually don't have an upgrade at RB, and lets hope Ozzie did that.

EdReedUnstoppable
06-05-2007, 03:55 PM
I actually hope Ozzie set it up so we can get rid of Willis as soon as possible with a minimal cap hit.

Ravens1991
06-05-2007, 04:07 PM
dude have faith, since when did Ozzie screw enough things up for you not to trust him on this one, Willis is just a better back then Jamal. Willis is faster and is a bigger playmaker then Jamal, we need a play maker in the running game and Willis is a better one then Jamal.

Splat
06-05-2007, 04:12 PM

Thomas Jones
Jamal Lewis
LaDanian Tomlinson
Larry Johnson
Ronnie Brown
Cadillac Williams
Rudi Johnson
Willie Parker
Laurence Maroney
Travis Henry
Dominic Rhodes
Fred Taylor
Maurice Jones-Drew
Joseph Addai
Ahman Green
Chester Taylor
Brian Westbrook
Clinton Portis
Ladell Betts
Julius Jones
Warrick Dunn
Deuce McAlister
Frank Gore
Edgerrin James
Shaun Alexander
Steven Jackson

He need to cut that list in half.

EdReedUnstoppable
06-05-2007, 04:14 PM
dude have faith, since when did Ozzie screw enough things up for you not to trust him on this one, Willis is just a better back then Jamal. Willis is faster and is a bigger playmaker then Jamal, we need a play maker in the running game and Willis is a better one then Jamal.

Ozzie isnt flawless......

Travis Taylor, Marcus Robinson, Frank Sanders, Adalius Thomas (leaving), Elvis Grbac, the entire 06 draft (Dwan Edwards, Devard Darling, Clarence Moore, Brian Ripmf, the white KR from Kentucky who didn't make the team), giving Jarrett Johnson a highly overpriced contract. He has made mistakes and you can chalk Willis up as another one.

EdReedUnstoppable
06-05-2007, 04:14 PM
He need to cut that list in half.

Not really Willis isn't as good as any of those RBs I named.

Vikes99ej
06-05-2007, 04:17 PM

Thomas Jones
Jamal Lewis
LaDanian Tomlinson
Larry Johnson
Ronnie Brown
Cadillac Williams
Rudi Johnson
Willie Parker
Laurence Maroney
Travis Henry
Dominic Rhodes
Fred Taylor
Maurice Jones-Drew
Joseph Addai
Ahman Green
Chester Taylor
Brian Westbrook
Clinton Portis
Ladell Betts
Julius Jones
Warrick Dunn
Deuce McAlister
Frank Gore
Edgerrin James
Shaun Alexander
Steven Jackson

If I'm not mistaken, you just named the starting RB for all 31 NFL teams besides the Ravens.

Splat
06-05-2007, 04:18 PM
Thomas Jones
Jamal Lewis
Travis Henry
Dominic Rhodes
Ahman Green
Chester Taylor
Ladell Betts
Julius Jones

I would take Willis over those guys off you list for sure I think Warrick Dunn is a great player but I would take Willis over him as well do to age.

EdReedUnstoppable
06-05-2007, 04:20 PM
Thomas Jones
Jamal Lewis
Travis Henry
Dominic Rhodes
Ahman Green
Chester Taylor
Ladell Betts
Julius Jones

I would take Willis over those guys off you list for sure.

You are not worried about having a good RB then, Thomas Jones is a billion times better than Willis, Travis Henry is way better than Willis, Ahman is better completely. Julius Jones might have been pushing it a tad.

EdReedUnstoppable
06-05-2007, 04:20 PM
If I'm not mistaken, you just named the starting RB for all 31 NFL teams besides the Ravens.

No I didnt put Marshawn in there, though I would take Marshawn over Willis, I dont have the Packers starting RB.

Splat
06-05-2007, 04:26 PM
You are not worried about having a good RB then, Thomas Jones is a billion times better than Willis, Travis Henry is way better than Willis, Ahman is better completely. Julius Jones might have been pushing it a tad.

Ahman Green has not been good for three years Travis Henry is a good back but far from great he will look good in Denver do to there system. I'm not that high on Thomas Jones he has really had only two good years and they were just good not great. I mean Willis didn't have much help around him and still went over 1000 two of the last three years and was only 11 yards away from it last year.

EdReedUnstoppable
06-05-2007, 04:32 PM
Lets look at stats, I know they dont tell the whole story but they tell a big part of the story....

Willis McGahee 259 carries for 990 yards, 3.8 ypc and 6 tds / 18 catches for 156 yards, 14 games 14 starts

Jamal Lewis 314 carries 1132 yards, 3.6 ypc 9 tds / 18 catches for 118 yards, 16 games 16 starts

Thomas Jones 296 carries 1210 yards, 4.1 ypc 6 tds / 36 catches for 154 yards, 16 games 16 starts

Travis Henry 270 carries for 1211 yards, 4.5 ypc 7 tds / 18 catches for 78 yards, 14 games 13 starts

Ladell Betts 245 carries for 1154 yards, 4.7 ypc 4 tds / 53 catches for 445 yards 1 td, 16 games only 9 starts

Betts would have been nice to get, the only hope I have is that being around guys like Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, and Jon Ogden will make Willis work hard and become better.

EdReedUnstoppable
06-05-2007, 04:34 PM
Ahman Green in the same amount of games and starts as Willis had 1059 yards on 266 carries which is 4.0 ypc and 4 TDs, and he also had 46 catches for 373 yards and 1 TD. Ahman Green is better than Willis.

Splat
06-05-2007, 04:35 PM
It took JL 314 carries to get 1000 yards Willis was only 11 yards away from 1000 with just 259 carries on a bad team. You should be happy to have Willis a better all around back then JL and younger he is on a better team which will only make him a better player.

EdReedUnstoppable
06-05-2007, 04:36 PM
It took JL 314 carries to get 1000 yards Willis was only 11 yards away from 1000 with just 259 carries on a bad team. You should be happy to have Willis a better all around back then JL and younger he is on a better team which will only make him a better player.

Jamal went over 1100 in 314 carries bud.

Splat
06-05-2007, 04:40 PM
Big deal the guy is not even close to the player he was I think you are just about the only person on this site that would take Jamal Lewis or Ahman Green over Willis.

EdReedUnstoppable
06-05-2007, 04:42 PM
Well if you and the others are wrong thats not my problem I just tryin to drop some knowledge on ya. :)

SeanTaylorRIP
06-05-2007, 04:47 PM
Don't mind him it's just ERU, he bashes the Ravens so he will feel better if they do bad, and feel accomplished if he is proven wrong.

EdReedUnstoppable
06-05-2007, 04:49 PM
Ahman Green has not been good for three years Travis Henry is a good back but far from great he will look good in Denver do to there system. I'm not that high on Thomas Jones he has really had only two good years and they were just good not great. I mean Willis didn't have much help around him and still went over 1000 two of the last three years and was only 11 yards away from it last year.

Thats an interesting statement btw....

2004-2005= 259 carries, 1163 yards, 4.5 ypc, 7tds / 40 catches, 275 yards, 1td. 15 games 15 starts

2005-2006= 77 carries, 255 yards, 3.3 ypc / 19 catches, 147 yards. 5 games 5 starts

2006-2007= 266 carries, 1059 yards, 4.0 ypc, 5 tds / 46 catchesm 373 yards, 1 td. 14 games 14 starts

2 out of 3 of those years are good seasons.

EdReedUnstoppable
06-05-2007, 04:50 PM
Don't mind him it's just ERU, he bashes the Ravens so he will feel better if they do bad, and feel accomplished if he is proven wrong.

Thats not true, I dont always bash the Ravens its just been extremely easy to do so this offseason, we downgraded in every possible way.

princefielder28
06-05-2007, 04:54 PM
wat a relief it would be to sign him to a new deal before the season starts....

he's still only 24, which is hard to believe

Thats scary that he's that young and xould get better

Ravens1991
06-05-2007, 05:07 PM

Travis Taylor, Marcus Robinson, Frank Sanders, Adalius Thomas (leaving), Elvis Grbac, the entire 06 draft (Dwan Edwards, Devard Darling, Clarence Moore, Brian Ripmf, the white KR from Kentucky who didn't make the team), giving Jarrett Johnson a highly overpriced contract. He has made mistakes and you can chalk Willis up as another one.

Lets see JJ start a game before you bash him, granted it sounds over priced but lets see how it is set up first, it could just be back heavy.

Those were just FA aqusitions, how are they mistakes by Ozzie, besides look at who was throwing the ball to him, Anthony Wright, and a rookie or second year Kyle Boller.

With Grbac Billick wanted him as much as Ozzie and you dont seem to be bashing Billick.

With Travis Taylor he only had 1 off-season were he could work with the same QB during that off-season so he could have been better if he could have gotten a rhythm w/ a QB

EdReedUnstoppable
06-05-2007, 05:25 PM
Lets see JJ start a game before you bash him, granted it sounds over priced but lets see how it is set up first, it could just be back heavy.

Those were just FA aqusitions, how are they mistakes by Ozzie, besides look at who was throwing the ball to him, Anthony Wright, and a rookie or second year Kyle Boller.

With Grbac Billick wanted him as much as Ozzie and you dont seem to be bashing Billick.

With Travis Taylor he only had 1 off-season were he could work with the same QB during that off-season so he could have been better if he could have gotten a rhythm w/ a QB

who signs the free agents......Ozzie

And yes Grbac was a Ozzie/Billick thing and yes Billick is too blame but we weren't talking about BB we were talking about Ozzie.

And Travis Taylor's problem wasn't a rythmic thing it was a no hands thing.

EdReedUnstoppable
06-05-2007, 05:42 PM
I TAKE IT ALL BACK!!!!!!

Willis has been hangin with Ray Lewis, we all know what happens to players who hang around Ray Lewis, they become twice the player they really are.......WILLIS WILL DOMINATE!!!!

needled24_7
06-05-2007, 05:50 PM
does anyone have mcgahee college highlights? i'd like to see them because apparently he was godly at miami

EdReedUnstoppable
06-05-2007, 05:53 PM
does anyone have mcgahee college highlights? i'd like to see them because apparently he was godly at miami

He was very godly until the knee injury and he has never been the same since.

dcarey20
06-05-2007, 06:28 PM
I have 100% confidence in Ozzie that the deal with Suggs will be done. Ozzie has been saying that it is his #1 priority for awhile now. For anyone that thinks the Ravens have too much money tied up in other players, I don't think Ozzie would have made the deals that he has if he didn't think that Suggs couldn't be retained. If you look back over the past few years, Ed Reed and Todd Heap were in the same situations, and their deals got done.

As for McGahee, I couldn't be happier with having him, he was one of my favorite players in college, was one of my favorite NFL players when he was with Buffalo, and now he's with us. He's motivated and I really think you are going to see him flourish with us.

BigDawg819
06-05-2007, 06:37 PM
While I trust Ozzie and his judgement, no one in the league is worth 100% of blind faith. As ERU as pointed out, there are some flaws in his signings and trading for veterans and overpaying is not a sound strategy for the future. As for all this McGahee/Lewis turmoil, Lewis was a more productive back last season so lets not bury Jamal just yet. Lets allow him to play a game for the Browns before we do that, cause we all know when players leave the Ravens for money elsewhere its bad karma! AD love ya and what you did for us all these years, but an injury is in your future.

draftguru151
06-05-2007, 07:00 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjyaKvbJg8o&mode=related&search=

Does some justice to him. A guy that big shouldn't be that fast and have the ability to cut that quickly. Man he was amazing.

Mr. Stiller
06-05-2007, 08:26 PM
Lets look at stats, I know they dont tell the whole story but they tell a big part of the story....

Willis McGahee 259 carries for 990 yards, 3.8 ypc and 6 tds / 18 catches for 156 yards, 14 games 14 starts

Jamal Lewis 314 carries 1132 yards, 3.6 ypc 9 tds / 18 catches for 118 yards, 16 games 16 starts

Thomas Jones 296 carries 1210 yards, 4.1 ypc 6 tds / 36 catches for 154 yards, 16 games 16 starts

Travis Henry 270 carries for 1211 yards, 4.5 ypc 7 tds / 18 catches for 78 yards, 14 games 13 starts

Ladell Betts 245 carries for 1154 yards, 4.7 ypc 4 tds / 53 catches for 445 yards 1 td, 16 games only 9 starts

Betts would have been nice to get, the only hope I have is that being around guys like Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, and Jon Ogden will make Willis work hard and become better.

Thats my question... for how much Baltimore liked to ride Priest Holmes and Jamal Lewis... Can Willis McGahee stand that much carries?

SeanTaylorRIP
06-05-2007, 08:31 PM
They do have Mike Anderson and Musa Smith.

Ravens1991
06-05-2007, 08:42 PM
I actually think we are gonna pass more then when Travis Taylor was our #WR, because Clayton Mason D-will and Heap are all attracitive targets.

Ravens1991
06-05-2007, 08:55 PM
I TAKE IT ALL BACK!!!!!!

Willis has been hangin with Ray Lewis, we all know what happens to players who hang around Ray Lewis, they become twice the player they really are.......WILLIS WILL DOMINATE!!!!

holy cow are you serious.

niel89
06-05-2007, 09:03 PM

he is a diamond in the very rough.

and the JJ contract isnt too bad considering Dan Cody is hurt again already

jkpigskin
06-05-2007, 09:06 PM

nah man, thats ERU sarcasm
hhaa

niel89
06-05-2007, 09:11 PM
Suggs "I'm a Baltimore guy."

he wants to stay and the ravens will lock him up for sure.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/football/bal-ravens0605,0,5724676.story?coll=bal-sports-football

Ravens1991
06-05-2007, 09:20 PM
thanks for brightening my day buddy.

dcarey20
06-05-2007, 10:41 PM
I'll come out right now and say that Willis McGahee will be a stud. I've been saying that for awhile now. The big thing with McGahee is he's happy and motivated. Not to mention that the oline he'll be running behind is an upgrade from his last line. I hope everyone remembers this when McGahee is running all over people. :)

Mr. Stiller
06-05-2007, 11:22 PM
They do have Mike Anderson and Musa Smith.

Musa Smith is an injury prone guy if I remember...

And they barely used Mike Anderson.

EdReedUnstoppable
06-05-2007, 11:40 PM

Yes I am quite serious I heard Ray say he and Willis are spendin alot of time together that makes me think Willis will have his best year as a Pro!!!!

Thats my only hope I have left for Willis is that being around Ray and Reed and other U guys who are dominant players will rub off on him and make him one.

EdReedUnstoppable
06-05-2007, 11:41 PM
Musa Smith is an injury prone guy if I remember...

And they barely used Mike Anderson.

Understatement of the century, he is the only guy on the Ravens more injury prone then Dan Cody and McNair.

niel89
06-05-2007, 11:44 PM
Understatement of the century, he is the only guy on the Ravens more injury prone then Dan Cody and McNair.

i dont know you did hear that Dan Cody just got re injured in a drill? out till TC i believe

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/football/bal-sp.ravens05jun05,0,4477401.story?coll=bal-sports-football

EdReedUnstoppable
06-05-2007, 11:50 PM
i dont know you did hear that Dan Cody just got re injured in a drill? out till TC i believe

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/football/bal-sp.ravens05jun05,0,4477401.story?coll=bal-sports-football

Theres A Big F**KIN surprise!!

BlindSite
06-06-2007, 12:00 AM
I remember the hype surrounding Dan Cody when he was coming out, I was a big believer and thought he'd be immensely good in the Raven's schemes.

Ke Sera Sera

Ravens1991
06-06-2007, 08:24 AM
well Musa has been hit with the most random injuries I have ever seen who else got their leg broken by a horse collar tackle and had a freak occurance of a LB falling on him weird, and Dan Cody got injured every season so it looks like JJ will be the starter.

Smokey Joe
06-06-2007, 10:39 AM
T-Suggs is a beast... In a fantasy world, the Bears would sign him.

Addict
06-06-2007, 10:41 AM
T-Suggs is a beast... In a fantasy world, the Bears would sign him.

In a fantasy world the Lions would, that would fix a big need for us.

Smokey Joe
06-06-2007, 11:01 AM
In a fantasy world the Lions would, that would fix a big need for us.

Just to let you know, even in a fantasy world, the lions would still suck :)

Addict
06-06-2007, 11:02 AM
Just to let you know, even in a fantasy world, the lions would still suck :)

Not in mine. still wondering why I became a Lions fan

The Legend
06-06-2007, 12:04 PM
55 Millions / 7 Years

get a Arringtion (NYG) , Peterson (SEA) type contract

Mr. Stiller
06-06-2007, 01:32 PM
55 Millions / 7 Years

get a Arringtion (NYG) , Peterson (SEA) type contract

....Suggs is a better 3-4 OLB than Peterson, and he's at a more "franchise Position."

He's the Passrusher... both the 3-4 OLB and 4-3 DE.. so thats going to be worth some $$$

SenorGato
06-06-2007, 02:08 PM
I don't think anything has made me drool more this offseason than thinking of Suggs opposite of Bryan Thomas for the Jets.

:drool:

Suggs is just a sick, sick player...

Modano
06-06-2007, 02:44 PM
Ke Sera Sera

I guess you meant "Che sarÓ sarÓ" :P

BlindSite
06-06-2007, 06:49 PM

Yeah, i dunt evun speek englieesh goodly, how cun I manage oder langauages.

Yung Flippa
06-06-2007, 06:56 PM
we'll get terrell signed before the season starts

Mr. Stiller
06-06-2007, 10:22 PM

I thought it was Que Sera Sera