PDA

View Full Version : Top 10 Comeback Candidates (SI)

Splat
06-07-2007, 07:39 AM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/0706/gallery.nfl.comeback.players/content.10.html

1.Randy Moss | WR, Patriots
2.Ben Roethlisberger | QB, Steelers
3.John Abraham | DE, Falcons
4.Edgerrin James | RB, Cardinals
5.Takeo Spikes | LB, Eagles
6.Simeon Rice | DE, Buccaneers
7.Willis McGahee | RB, Ravens
8.Patrick Kerney | DE, Seahawks
9.Clinton Portis | RB, Redsksins
10.Jevon Kearse | DE, Eagles

FYI if you click the link you can read there reason for each player.

Caddy
06-07-2007, 07:56 AM
I would rather have seen Chris Simms on there than Simeon Rice.

AkiliSmith
06-07-2007, 08:35 AM
Donovan McNabb maybe?

KILLERSANTA
06-07-2007, 08:37 AM
Donovan McNabb maybe?

They know McNabb is just going to get hurt again.......

Splat
06-07-2007, 08:38 AM
Like someone said on another site I post on why no Shaun Alexander?

DeathbyStat
06-07-2007, 08:39 AM
What did Moss Comeback from Laziness?

bsaza2358
06-07-2007, 08:47 AM
I am pretty surprised that Alexander and McNabb are not on that last.

jj45
06-07-2007, 08:55 AM
Andre wadsworth sign with the jets after like 5 years of not playing if he plays decent he should get it. Most guys with injury problems never come back and that takes balls ,he his playing with a chip on his shoulder, a man with something to prove is a dangerous. I feel bad for all afc east qbs.

bsaza2358
06-07-2007, 09:00 AM
Yes, the guy who was a huge draft bust before he got injured and is coming back at age 30 is definitely going to make an impact. He has a track record, after all, right?

Vince Lombardi
06-07-2007, 09:26 AM
Andre wadsworth sign with the jets after like 5 years of not playing if he plays decent he should get it. Most guys with injury problems never come back and that takes balls ,he his playing with a chip on his shoulder, a man with something to prove is a dangerous. I feel bad for all afc east qbs.

haha, someone's desperately digging for hope. http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/forum/images/icons/icon14.gif

OzTitan
06-07-2007, 09:30 AM
I would rather have seen Chris Simms on there than Simeon Rice.

"Come Back"...had to have actually been somewhere worthy first to make a come back :)

He's more of a possible break out player.

brat316
06-07-2007, 09:30 AM
Yeah and guys who have their head thrown into a motorcyle should get it also then. After comming back from such a tragic accdient takes balls, and to play a whole season.

I think Moss will win it, unless Spikes just domiates

Don Vito
06-07-2007, 09:43 AM
I think if Culpepper finds a way to come back and play for some team (highly unlikely), he would be the imediate #1 comeback player of the year candidate.

Splat
06-07-2007, 09:44 AM
I would say maybe Joe Horn but he doesn't have a QB.

bsaza2358
06-07-2007, 10:15 AM
Horn is still a solid player, but he wasn't going to be a significant contributor between his recent injury history, age, and the fact that Atlanta is changing offensive systems. I respect him, but I don't think he's a top candidate here.

Acreboy
06-07-2007, 11:43 AM
I would rather have seen Chris Simms on there than Simeon Rice.You can't come back if you were never good.

ks_perfection
06-07-2007, 12:04 PM
This list is just a bunch of injury prone players.

Moses
06-07-2007, 12:22 PM
Randy Moss is the best WR in the league and I wouldn't be surprised to see him leading the league in most statistical categories. New England's offence is going to be dominant next season.

Splat
06-07-2007, 12:41 PM
Randy Moss is the best WR in the league and I wouldn't be surprised to see him leading the league in most statistical categories.

He left out was the best WR in the league he is not even top five right now.

bearsfan_51
06-07-2007, 12:41 PM

http://evula.org/dragoon/pics/captain.obvious.jpg

jkpigskin
06-07-2007, 12:44 PM
i hope willis boucnes back and prove his haters wrong ;)

skinzzfan25
06-07-2007, 02:25 PM

Since when was CP injury prone?

Besides this one shoulder thing, he has missed only 3 games in his career.

-.-

soybean
06-07-2007, 02:51 PM
Yeah and guys who have their head thrown into a motorcyle should get it also then. After comming back from such a tragic accdient takes balls, and to play a whole season.

I think Moss will win it, unless Spikes just domiates

don't feel too bad for him though. It was his choice not to wear a helmet. He said himself, "i don't like helmets, i feel free without them"

Moses
06-07-2007, 03:11 PM
He left out was the best WR in the league he is not even top five right now.

Sorry, I don't understand that statement. :(

Xonraider
06-07-2007, 04:07 PM
Randy Moss is the best WR in the league and I wouldn't be surprised to see him leading the league in most statistical categories. New England's offence is going to be dominant next season.

More like the most talented, but there is no way he tops Torry Holt or Steve Smith now. He gived up on routes, doesn't care anf on top of that he's being paid millions of dollars to play.

Of course he is the #1 candidate... if he gives 70% of his 100% effort he can have a decent season... at least MUCHa better than last season.

Moses
06-07-2007, 04:10 PM
More like the most talented, but there is no way he tops Torry Holt or Steve Smith now. He gived up on routes, doesn't care anf on top of that he's being paid millions of dollars to play.

Of course he is the #1 candidate... if he gives 70% of his 100% effort he can have a decent season... at least MUCHa better than last season.

Last season he was bad because of a lack of effort and nagging injuries. Both should be fixed this season which is why I think he's primed to have a huge season. Nobody can do the things Moss can do, and with that offence, he should be near unstoppable.

MasterShake
06-07-2007, 04:23 PM
Throwin out my homer pick:

Michael Lewis, SS, 49ers

TitleTown088
06-07-2007, 04:56 PM
Donovan McNabb maybe?

I'm actually damn near alone on this one, but I believe that McNabb will have a off year next year. No one he will be throwing to impresses me at all.

skinzzfan25
06-07-2007, 05:08 PM
I'm actually damn near alone on this one, but I believe that McNabb will have a off year next year. No one he will be throwing to impresses me at all.

True, but outside Stallworth last year, has he ever had anybody?

Oh wait, Todd Pinkston, nvm.

Moses
06-07-2007, 05:09 PM

http://msnbcmedia1.msn.com/j/msnbc/Components/Photos/061001/061001_owens_vmed9p.widec.jpg

Mr. Stiller
06-07-2007, 06:15 PM

I would.... I know you know how much Brady Spreads the ball around...

They have Stallworth, Moss, Welker, Gaffney, Caldwell, Washington and Jackson..

Not to mention... Maroney, Faulk, Morris, Watson and Thomas.

There's a lot of guys that could take #'s from Randy.

Moses
06-07-2007, 07:30 PM
I would.... I know you know how much Brady Spreads the ball around...

They have Stallworth, Moss, Welker, Gaffney, Caldwell, Washington and Jackson..

Not to mention... Maroney, Faulk, Morris, Watson and Thomas.

There's a lot of guys that could take #'s from Randy.

We all knew how well McNabb spread the ball around. Look what happened when he got Owens though. It's tough to not pass to a guy like Moss.

Paranoidmoonduck
06-07-2007, 07:37 PM
Last season he was bad because of a lack of effort and nagging injuries. Both should be fixed this season which is why I think he's primed to have a huge season. Nobody can do the things Moss can do, and with that offence, he should be near unstoppable.

The injuries didn't play nearly as big a part in Moss' 2006 as they did in 2005. Moss is still talented, but his production relies completely on how happy he is. If he remains happy with the coaches and winning in New England, then it should be fine.

If not, he'll be the most frustrating player on the field. Guaranteed.

Moses
06-07-2007, 07:37 PM
The injuries didn't play nearly as big a part in Moss' 2006 as they did in 2005. Moss is still talented, but his production relies completely on how happy he is. If he remains happy with the coaches and winning in New England, then it should be fine.

If not, he'll be the most frustrating player on the field. Guaranteed.

Agreed. New England has proved they can handle players with a reputation of being troublesome. Plus, if Moss isn't happy on the Patriots, there's nowhere he would be happy.

BlindSite
06-07-2007, 07:38 PM
No LaMont Jordan either.

niel89
06-07-2007, 07:48 PM

fredex?

http://cache.deadspin.com/sports/freddiemitchellhair.jpg

Geo
06-07-2007, 08:02 PM
Corey Simon, Comeback POTY. Please believe.

I am pretty surprised that Alexander and McNabb are not on that last.
I don't see how Alexander isn't on that list but Edge and McGahee are. Edge had a good year considering he played in Arizona, unless SI (foolishly) means to say he'll go back to rushing for over 1500 yards. And what is McGahee supposed to come back to, exactly? He is what he is, a superb college player who isn't near as good/dominant in the pros.

Geo
06-07-2007, 08:03 PM
I always support a FredEx mention. Always.

kalbears13
06-07-2007, 08:15 PM
They forgot Jeff George and Tim Couch!

niel89
06-07-2007, 10:44 PM
I always support a FredEx mention. Always.

I'd like to thank my hands for being so great.

zoinks
06-07-2007, 11:18 PM
Moss is the obvious selection, and for good reason.

Moss has never worked with a QB of Tom Brady's caliber; likewise, Brady has never had a WR who could hold a candle to Moss. I fully expect to see them set the league afire.

Moreover, for the first time since his rookie season, Moss won't be the focal point of the offense, or be expected to assume the primary leadership role. Brady already has that stuff well in hand. For the first time in years, Moss will be able to focus on the task at hand, and just play football.

Assuming he re-signs with the Titans, I'll mention RB Chris Brown as a dark horse candidate. Last year, Travis Henry averaged almost 100 yards per game behind the Titans' revamped O-line. Brown will have that same O-line....but Brown is faster than Henry, is a much better receiver, and more of a home run threat. If he can stay healthy....and that's a HUGE "if"....I could see Brown piling up 1500+ yards of total offense.

smittyjs
06-08-2007, 02:07 AM
I'd like to thank my hands for being so great.
I HATED that guy:rolleyes:

Caddy
06-08-2007, 02:37 AM
"Come Back"...had to have actually been somewhere worthy first to make a come back :)

He's more of a possible break out player.

Obviously another person absent for the 2005 season. Simms played at a more than satisfactory level that season and if he returns to that form this year then he has to be a candidate.

Paranoidmoonduck
06-08-2007, 02:42 AM
Agreed. New England has proved they can handle players with a reputation of being troublesome. Plus, if Moss isn't happy on the Patriots, there's nowhere he would be happy.

We'll see. He seemed only moderately happy in Minnesota, and that was with a high powered offense and a lot of footballs thrown his way.

sweetness34
06-08-2007, 01:52 PM
Tommie Harris? Mike Brown?

:D

Phrost
06-08-2007, 03:43 PM
You can't come back if you were never good.

:rolleyes:
Simeon Rice has at least 11.5 sacks. Guaranteed.

If we had inside pressure at DT I would say 14.

brat316
06-08-2007, 03:53 PM
How about Culpepper for comeback player, as of now he has no job lol, What if suddenly he becomes the next Drew Breszzz. Then again i dont see no team that desprate for him except Oakland and Detroit.

BufFan71
06-09-2007, 06:35 AM
why is mcgahee on that list?
he missed like 2games last year
and spikes?
everyone (should) know that his career is on the decline.....FAST