PDA

View Full Version : Class of 2008 by Yahoo

Iamcanadian
06-07-2007, 08:01 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=jm-2008nflprospects050707&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

KCJ58
06-07-2007, 09:23 AM
We already have a thread like this

Vince Lombardi
06-07-2007, 09:31 AM
Paul Oliver, CB, Georgia Oliver is an ideal-sized defender who combines terrific man coverage and ball skills. He was tempted to declare early, but his decision to return for a senior campaign should pay off with him being the top-rated senior cornerback. He has the ability to turn and run with most receivers, and his long arms and height (6 feet) keep taller receivers from being able to push him around or out-jump him.

uhhhh, shouldn't a sports writer know about Olivers situation....????

Mr. Stiller
06-07-2007, 09:50 AM
uhhhh, shouldn't a sports writer know about Olivers situation....????

I believe it was written before Olivers entering of the Supp Draft

Vince Lombardi
06-07-2007, 12:41 PM
I believe it was written before Olivers entering of the Supp Draft

It was written today, and Oliver was ruled academically ineligible to play several weeks ago thus eliminating him from the "class of 08". Unless Oliver decides to skip the supplemental draft, sit on his ass for a year, watch his stock plummet, and join next years draft, which I highly doubt.

soybean
06-07-2007, 12:59 PM
It was written today, and Oliver was ruled academically ineligible to play several weeks ago thus eliminating him from the "class of 08". Unless Oliver decides to skip the supplemental draft, sit on his ass for a year, watch his stock plummet, and join next years draft, which I highly doubt.

seriously, yahoo never knows what they are talking about.

mqtirishfan
06-07-2007, 01:41 PM

It's from May 7th, man.

LLoyd Floyd-Boyd
06-07-2007, 02:23 PM
seriously, yahoo never knows what they are talking about.

The article is a month old and was written by a respected writer who does know what he is talking about.

soybean
06-07-2007, 02:46 PM
The article is a month old and was written by a respected writer who does know what he is talking about.

still, i stand by what i said... i hate yahoo.

Mr. Stiller
06-07-2007, 03:07 PM

I've talked to him and Murph knows his ****.

As for the article, read "Date Posted: May 7th, 2007", that was just 7-8 days past the Draft.

Vince Lombardi
06-07-2007, 03:56 PM
I've talked to him and Murph knows his ****.

As for the article, read "Date Posted: May 7th, 2007", that was just 7-8 days past the Draft.

My bad, I forgot it was June. Why somebody would post a month
old link I do not know....

HoopsDemon12
06-07-2007, 04:03 PM
probably never noticed so no big... just know the article is dated... it is still to early to do that stuff anyway i think.. its all just speculation till the season starts

Mr. Stiller
06-07-2007, 06:07 PM
My bad, I forgot it was June. Why somebody would post a month
old link I do not know....

Maybe there's a month delay between the US and Canada for Yahoo Articles?