PDA

View Full Version : Maurice Jones-Drew vs. Marion Barber III

The Unseen
12-03-2006, 08:31 PM
Saw this implied in the other thread. Both are backups who are TD machines this year (9 for Drew, 10 I think for Barber) and both are multi-dimensional.

Space Ghost
12-03-2006, 08:34 PM
Saw this implied in the other thread. Both are backups who are TD machines this year (9 for Drew, 10 I think for Barber) and both are multi-dimensional.

Drew is the man!!! He can't be compared to any back in the NFL. He is a complete tank and I would gladly add him to any roster I could come up with currently in the NFL. I personally think that he will be the second best back out of last years draft behind Jo Addai.

bearsfan_51
12-03-2006, 08:34 PM
Marion Barber because there are three of him.

soybean
12-03-2006, 08:38 PM
I dont know much about mario barber except he was amazing his rookie season. Maurice Drew has incredible work ethic if you ever followed him up to the draft. he felt he had something to prove having been overshadowed by bush and white.

Hurricane Ditka
12-03-2006, 08:40 PM
Somewhere Keak is smoking a blunt and saying "I told you so."

Staubach12
12-03-2006, 09:03 PM
Drew has most everything that Barber has plus speed, so I'd take Drew. I do think Barber is a bit shiftier, but I'll take breakaway speed over a little bit of shiftiness.

sweetness34
12-03-2006, 09:04 PM
Marion Barber because there are three of him.

:lol:

Took me a while but I got it. Nice 51!

CTCowboysFan
12-03-2006, 09:23 PM

lol, I was just thinking the same thing...what ever happened to that guy.

Hurricane Ditka
12-03-2006, 09:25 PM

lol, I was just thinking the same thing...what ever happened to that guy.I think he was banned, I think for making a bet that Maurice Drew will go in the top 40.

doingthisinsteadofwork
12-03-2006, 09:55 PM
Maroney&Drew>rest of rbs in last years draft.

soybean
12-03-2006, 10:01 PM

what about addai?

DHVF
12-03-2006, 10:10 PM
This board so overrates Mo Drew. I'd still take Addai, Maroney and DeAngelo over him everyday of the week....Check that, Jerious Norwood too.

The Unseen
12-03-2006, 10:12 PM
This board so overrates Mo Drew. I'd still take Addai, Maroney and DeAngelo over him everyday of the week....Check that, Jerious Norwood too.

Explain.

doingthisinsteadofwork
12-03-2006, 10:14 PM

what about addai?I see Addai as more of a by product of the talent around him.
If it werent for Taylor, Drew would be putting up OROY #s.

CTCowboysFan
12-03-2006, 10:15 PM

lol, I was just thinking the same thing...what ever happened to that guy.I think he was banned, I think for making a bet that Maurice Drew will go in the top 40.

If I remember right didn't he claim to know Maurice Jones-Drew?

The Unseen
12-03-2006, 10:16 PM

Yes. He claims to know him very well, actually.

Tubby
12-03-2006, 10:40 PM
Seeing as both are on my fantasy team, Im going with both

The Unseen
12-03-2006, 10:58 PM
I hadn't seen Mo Drew's TD run and I just saw it on a recording...that owned.

sweetness34
12-03-2006, 11:02 PM

Yes. He claims to know him very well, actually.

Well he kinda did know him. Had a couple really disturbing pics with Drew.

nobodyinparticular
12-03-2006, 11:07 PM

Wow, now that you list all of them, I'm really impressed with the crop so far. And that's not taking into account the #1 back in Reggie Bush. So far a lot of these guys are making names for themselves already. Let's see if they can continue that.

Hurricane Ditka
12-03-2006, 11:09 PM

If I remember right didn't he claim to know Maurice Jones-Drew?Well he's Maurice Drew's best friend. And also tended to post pictures of him, in his underpants, shirtless, or sleeping next to him holding a blunt.

Geo
12-03-2006, 11:16 PM
I don't necessarily agree with you, but I love your post. GG, friend.

JT Jag
12-03-2006, 11:17 PM
Somewhere Keak is smoking a blunt and saying "I told you so."lol, I was just thinking the same thing...what ever happened to that guy.He's actually hanging out on the Jaguars official messageboard now.

JT Jag
12-03-2006, 11:41 PM
I'll say this:

Maurice Drew has easilly been the most consistent rookie RB this year.

Ever since his breakout game in week 3 vs. Indy, he's accumulated 488 yards rushing on 91 attempts (a 5.36 YPC average), and 7 rushing touchdowns, including a rushing touchdown in each of the last four weeks.

That's not even taking into account his 317 yards and two touchdowns receiving.

If he had played the first two games getting the same amount of touches he's received on average so far, and that average was projected towards the end of the year, these would be his final season stats:

780 rushing yards on 146 attempts, 11 rushing TDs

507 recieving yards on 51 catches, 3 recieving TDs

That's good, especially considering he's spelling a rejuvenated Fred Taylor.

Tubby
12-03-2006, 11:42 PM
Somewhere Keak is smoking a blunt and saying "I told you so."lol, I was just thinking the same thing...what ever happened to that guy.He's actually hanging out on the Jaguars official messageboard now.
I want Keak back NOOOOOWWWWWWWWW :cry::cry:

Nitschke-Hawk
12-03-2006, 11:53 PM
I love Mo Jo, I even made him a nick name.

Shiver
12-04-2006, 12:15 AM
MJ-D

Caddy
12-04-2006, 02:51 AM
MJD for sure. For a shorter back he is playing great football.

Modano
12-04-2006, 03:44 AM
Marion is very good and had a nose for the endzone, but Mo Drew is just a special thing..

niel89
12-04-2006, 03:53 AM
i really like Drew especially since i got to see him play once in high school. i really think he would have big #'s as the #1 back

The Unseen
12-04-2006, 06:22 AM

Wow, you're right...I just checked over there. He's talking about him in a Maurice Drew thread and how he needs more touches for "his boy". Heh.

portermvp84
12-04-2006, 08:54 AM
Jones Drew is in the top five best backs taken in the last two years.

DLight03
08-28-2008, 03:15 PM

Bumped this thread because this guy looks silly. lol.

Maurice only RB in the NFL to record 2,000+ all-purpose yards in each of the last two seasons. One of the highest TD-per-touch players in the entire NFL, lead all backs in third down efficiency, has had consecutive seasons of at least 40 receptions and 400+ yards, leads all backs in first down rushing percentage (minimum 150+ rushes). Has 20+ runs of 20 yards or more so far in his career, despite being a backup.

There's a really good chance you underrated Maurice, and not that everyone else in the world overrated him.

::laugh::

bored of education
08-28-2008, 03:16 PM
Marshawn Lycnh > both.

abaddon41_80
08-28-2008, 03:28 PM

Maurice only RB in the NFL to record 2,000+ all-purpose yards in each of the last two seasons.

I like MJD and I think he is the best change of pace running back in the league but it really isn't hard to break 2000 yards when you are returning kicks as well as playing RB

Gay Ork Wang
08-28-2008, 03:29 PM
MJD would be mine!

08-28-2008, 03:33 PM
Ah, love looking back at this kinda stuff. I still feel MoJo is still underrated just a bit .. :rolleyes:

Geo
08-28-2008, 03:36 PM
Mo Drew is great, but as I've said before, he's also a by-product of Freddy T playing strong in his early 30s.

Look at Drew's career production in the 1st and 3rd quarters versus the 2nd and 4th quarters. Other backs are too valuable to their team to use on returns, but because of Taylor and Greg Jones, the Jags can afford to let Drew return and he can do that well.

The genius who bumped up this thread didn't realize that, unfortunately.

Kurve
08-28-2008, 03:41 PM
damn was little confused there for a second reading the first couple threads until i saw the date lol!..... as for right now both are good but i like Barber he is the hardest runner in the league guy puts a hit every time someone wants to tackle him.

eaglesfan_45
08-28-2008, 05:44 PM

Maurice only RB in the NFL to record 2,000+ all-purpose yards in each of the last two seasons. One of the highest TD-per-touch players in the entire NFL, lead all backs in third down efficiency, has had consecutive seasons of at least 40 receptions and 400+ yards, leads all backs in first down rushing percentage (minimum 150+ rushes). Has 20+ runs of 20 yards or more so far in his career, despite being a backup.

There's a really good chance you underrated Maurice, and not that everyone else in the world overrated him.

::laugh::

Ever heard of Brian Westbrook or LT? They've done it once and came very close in another.

Oh and BTW MJD hasn't sniffed 2000 yards from scrimmage not even close, only has 2000 all purpose yards because he returns kicks, that has nothing to do with the caliber of RB he is.

Addict
08-28-2008, 05:46 PM
MJ-D

ItalicsŪ to really put it over the top.

Race for the Heisman
08-28-2008, 05:53 PM
Mo Drew is great, but as I've said before, he's also a by-product of Freddy T playing strong in his early 30s.

Look at Drew's career production in the 1st and 3rd quarters versus the 2nd and 4th quarters. Other backs are too valuable to their team to use on returns, but because of Taylor and Greg Jones, the Jags can afford to let Drew return and he can do that well.

The genius who bumped up this thread didn't realize that, unfortunately.

Chicken or the egg?

Bengalsrocket
08-28-2008, 05:57 PM
Chicken or the egg?

That's an interesting question. But I think FT helps that offense more than that offense helps FT, especially in regards to MJD.

Geo
08-28-2008, 05:58 PM
A great point. Sure it helps Fred Taylor that he's not taking the pounding he used to, but any Jags fan will tell you that most important is that Taylor takes so much better care of his body now than he ever used to as a younger man. The Jags have built up one of the best run-blocking lines in the league, the talent they've brought in and Mike Tice as the OL coach has helped in that cause.

But sure, having a very talented and explosive back in Mo Drew carry some of the load definitely helps Taylor out.

BlindSite
08-28-2008, 06:21 PM
I still think its impressive that both backs can put up the numbers they can without legitimate outside threats, or one at QB.

I know the Jags homers will cry, but its not like defenses have to account for a pairing of Harrison and Wayne with Manning throwing them the ball, so the RBs get front 7s in pass rush mode and that's it all day long to face.

Most of the time its 8 men in the box and they still come through with the goods.

I've never been one to purse swing over which player is better. That being said, as it stands right now, I'd rather have MJD, reason being, I feel he's a better receiver, but only by a margin and I think having someone who can spark that special teams magic is worth more than one TD through 16 games.

D-Unit
08-28-2008, 06:52 PM
If I'm building a team, I draft Barber first, but MJD can return kicks, so he provides a little more versatility. Barber is just so smart and so vicious and never gives up. Both are tremendous blockers.

7-11
08-28-2008, 11:01 PM
I see Addai as more of a by product of the talent around him.
If it werent for Taylor, Drew would be putting up OROY #s.

That my friend, is somewhat of an oxymoron.

edit: wow that comment is old

bigbluedefense
08-29-2008, 09:30 AM
Id take MBIII. I think MBIII is going to establish himself as one of the top 5 RBs in the game this year.

Maybe even top 3.

bigbluedefense
08-29-2008, 09:32 AM
A great point. Sure it helps Fred Taylor that he's not taking the pounding he used to, but any Jags fan will tell you that most important is that Taylor takes so much better care of his body now than he ever used to as a younger man. The Jags have built up one of the best run-blocking lines in the league, the talent they've brought in and Mike Tice as the OL coach has helped in that cause.

But sure, having a very talented and explosive back in Mo Drew carry some of the load definitely helps Taylor out.

From a purist standpoint, Fred Taylor is the best pure running back in the game. He's in my opinion, the prototype RB.

If he stayed healthy, he couldve been one of the greats.

BeerBaron
08-29-2008, 09:33 AM
Chicken or the egg?

its always the egg man....reptiles were laying eggs for hundreds of millions of years before anything close to a chicken ever came....

and btw, I'll take MJD.

Shane P. Hallam
08-29-2008, 09:37 AM
Well, Marion Barber is no longer a back-up. Felix Jones has kinda crapped it up (especially with blocking,) so Barber will be getting the heavy dose. I always love those bruisers who can do great things, so I'd take Barber. But both are great. Once Taylor is done, MJD could be right up there.

MetSox17
08-29-2008, 11:36 AM
Well, Marion Barber is no longer a back-up. Felix Jones has kinda crapped it up (especially with blocking,) so Barber will be getting the heavy dose. I always love those bruisers who can do great things, so I'd take Barber. But both are great. Once Taylor is done, MJD could be right up there.

Umm, have you seen Felix Jones play this pre-season?

stephenson86
08-29-2008, 11:36 AM
barbers body is screwed lol

Dave
08-29-2008, 04:50 PM
I prefer Marion Barber because he's a starter.

As far as Felix Jones goes, I prefer Tashard Choice at the #2 spot for the Cowboys, but what do I know.

TheBuffaloBills
08-29-2008, 05:29 PM
MJD, I think he will have the best average yards per carry for a runningback for many years to come.