PDA

View Full Version : 08 cornerbacks

HoopsDemon12
06-07-2007, 03:53 PM
Here are my thoughts on the better cornerbacks possibly entering next year.. any other players worth considering?
#1 Antoine Cason
#2 Malcolm Jenkins
#3 Brandon Flowers
#4 Jack Ikegwuonu
#5 Aqib Talib
#6 justin King
And then in no particular order Simeon Castile (Alabama), Reggie Smith (Oklahoma), Dejaun Tribble (Boston College), Dwight Lowery (San Jose State).... and what ever happend to john talley from duke university? im curious

Michigan
06-07-2007, 04:30 PM
Here are my thoughts on the better cornerbacks possibly entering next year.. any other players worth considering?
#1 Antoine Cason
#2 Malcolm Jenkins
#3 Brandon Flowers
#4 Jack Ikegwuonu
#5 Aqib Talib
#6 justin King
And then in no particular order Simeon Castile (Alabama), Reggie Smith (Oklahoma), Dejaun Tribble (Boston College), Dwight Lowery (San Jose State).... and what ever happend to john talley from duke university? im curious

I'm pretty sure Talley went undrafted this year.

You're list is sorely lacking Tony Carter, and Cason shouldn't be close to the top if you go by what he did last year.

Paranoidmoonduck
06-07-2007, 04:55 PM
Cason's year will be a big hinge point for his stock, obviously, but he certainly still has the skills. I don't believe he's another Champ Bailey though.

This is going to be an interesting corner class if some key juniors come out. Right now I think I like Talib the best, but someone to keep an eye out for is Zachary Bowman of Nebraska. I heard he got injured again, but he has Cromartie level athleticism and size, so I think he would still have a shot at the first round.

Sniper
06-07-2007, 05:00 PM
#1 Antoine Cason
#2 Malcolm Jenkins
#3 Brandon Flowers
#4 Jack Ikegwuonu
#5 Aqib Talib
#6 justin King

Where the heck is Morgan Trent? ;) Just kidding

HoopsDemon12
06-07-2007, 05:25 PM
Cason's year will be a big hinge point for his stock, obviously, but he certainly still has the skills. I don't believe he's another Champ Bailey though.

This is going to be an interesting corner class if some key juniors come out. Right now I think I like Talib the best, but someone to keep an eye out for is Zachary Bowman of Nebraska. I heard he got injured again, but he has Cromartie level athleticism and size, so I think he would still have a shot at the first round.

i loved bowman before the injuries... i completly blanked about him wow... i really hope he can bounce back though... as for cason... he isnt champ... no one is but bailey himself, imo better than leon hall and he was talked about being a top corner of his draft(however a way weaker class)

draftguru151
06-07-2007, 05:26 PM

If he would have came out last year he might have gotten a Cromartie like treatment, but 2 years in a row is going to scare a lot of people.

As for the top guy, there is a legitmate argument for 4 or 5 guys, but right now I'm leaning towards Justin King.

HoopsDemon12
06-07-2007, 05:32 PM
If he would have came out last year he might have gotten a Cromartie like treatment, but 2 years in a row is going to scare a lot of people.

As for the top guy, there is a legitmate argument for 4 or 5 guys, but right now I'm leaning towards Justin King.

i dont get why ppl keep telling me about how mario manningham burned him... last time i checked there was a whole defense.. sure he got beat but there should have been coverage there... i think he is good... everyone has a bad day, but that guy has incredible speed

draftguru151
06-07-2007, 05:46 PM
Yea, and he really didn't get murdered, at least not from what I saw. He had some problems, but he did very well against some good players last year. And he has fantastic athleticism and decent size. There is a lot of talent at CB, but right now I have King at one.

HoopsDemon12
06-07-2007, 05:52 PM
Yea, and he really didn't get murdered, at least not from what I saw. He had some problems, but he did very well against some good players last year. And he has fantastic athleticism and decent size. There is a lot of talent at CB, but right now I have King at one.

well jenkins has great size for a corner and very good athletisism... i would still give speed to king though... IMO the fastest corner in the country... cason is my number one just because of how technically solid he appears to be... no where near the most physically gifted corner in the class that is for sure

BaLLiN
06-07-2007, 06:09 PM
#1 Antoine Cason
#2 Malcolm Jenkins
#3 Brandon Flowers
#4 Jack Ikegwuonu
#5 Aqib Talib
#6 justin King

#1-Malcolm Jenkings
#2-Brandon Flowers
#3-Antoine Cason
#4-Tony Carter
#5-Zak Bowman
#6-Justin King- might get suspended or something for starting a fight on campus
#7-Jack Ikegwuonu

Seniors
Antoine Cason- Arizona
Zack Bowman - Nebraska
Dwight Lowery– San Jose State
Mike Jenkins – South Florida
DeJuan Tribble – Boston College
Terrell Thomas - USC
Jonathan Zenon - LSU

Mr. Stiller
06-07-2007, 06:09 PM
#1 Antoine Cason
#2 Malcolm Jenkins
#3 Brandon Flowers
#4 Jack Ikegwuonu
#5 Aqib Talib
#6 justin King

He was a Tryout for the Redskins.

As for those, Of the seniors, I think Dwight Lowery will end up being the best corner. The dude is a monster Ballhawk.

and I don't know if you heard about Ikegwuono's Off the field issues.

HoopsDemon12
06-07-2007, 06:13 PM
He was a Tryout for the Redskins.

As for those, Of the seniors, I think Dwight Lowery will end up being the best corner. The dude is a monster Ballhawk.

and I don't know if you heard about Ikegwuono's Off the field issues.

no i actually havnt... what happened?

WarOnTheShore
06-07-2007, 06:37 PM
King's not being suspended...

I like him the most followed by Cason, Lowery, Talib and Tribble.

Mr. Stiller
06-07-2007, 06:41 PM
no i actually havnt... what happened?

He and his brother broke into someones house...

04/06/07 - The legal case involving University of Wisconsin defensive back Jack Ikegwuonu doesn't appear as if it will be resolved in the near future. A hearing has been scheduled for June 22 in Sycamore, Ill., according to the district attorney's office. Ikegwuonu's attorney filed a motion in February asking that statements Ikegwuonu made to DeKalb, Ill., police be suppressed on the grounds he was not read his Miranda rights. Ikegwuonu was arrested on Nov. 25, along with his twin brother, Bill, after they allegedly broke into an apartment and tried to steal an Xbox. Bill Ikegwuonu is a reserve defensive back at Northern Illinois, located in DeKalb. - Jeff Potrykus, Milwaukee Journal Sentinel

01/18/07 - University of Wisconsin sophomore cornerback Jack Ikegwuonu entered a plea of not guilty Wednesday to charges of residential burglary and criminal trespass. It was the initial court appearance for Ikegwuonu, who was arrested Nov. 25, along with his twin brother, Bill, in DeKalb, Ill., after allegedly breaking into an apartment and attempting to steal an Xbox. Jack Ikegwuonu was suspended from the UW football team Dec. 1 under terms of the student-athlete discipline policy, then reinstated Dec. 15 and allowed to play in the Badgers' 17-14 victory over Arkansas in the Capital One Bowl on Jan. 1. Residential burglary, which is the more serious of the charges, is a Class 1 felony in Illinois and is punishable by four to 15 years in prison and a $25,000 fine. Criminal trespass is a misdemeanor punishable by up to one year in prison. Ikegwuonu's next court date was set for Feb. 23. Debra Schafer, of Rockford, Ill., who is Ikegwuonu's attorney, said it was premature to discuss the possibility of a plea bargain. - Tom Mulhern, Wisconsin State Journal

12/15/06 - Wisconsin reinstated defensive back Jack Ikegwuonu Friday pending further developments in his burglary case. Ikegwuonu, a sophomore cornerback and All-Big Ten Conference pick, was suspended from competition and practice Dec. 1. Police in Dekalb, Ill., had arrested Ikegwuonu and his brother, William, about a week before and accused them of breaking into an off-campus apartment and trying to steal an Xbox game console. The brothers face residential burglary and criminal trespass charges. Wisconsin athletic director Barry Alvarez said Ikegwuonu had been reinstated "pending further inquiry into his case." The statement did not elaborate, citing privacy laws governing student disciplinary actions. - AP Sports Wire

12/01/06 - A Northern Illinois University football player and his twin brother, a member of the University of Wisconsin football team, are accused of breaking into an off-campus apartment and trying to steal an Xbox game console, authorities said Thursday. Wisconsin sophomore cornerback and All-Big Ten Conference pick Jack Ikegwuonu and his twin brother, Northern Illinois safety William Ikegwuonu, face residential burglary and criminal trespass charges, authorities said. The 20-year-olds were arrested Saturday, according to DeKalb police Lt. Jim Kayes. The felony charge of residential burglary carries a maximum penalty of four years in prison and a $25,000 fine. The criminal trespass charge is a misdemeanor, Kayes said. Police were called to an area of apartments mainly inhabited by students, where a tenant returning home at 2 a.m. Saturday noticed his apartment open, police said. The man said he spotted two men in the apartment, one holding the Xbox, which was dropped when the men ran from the apartment, according to authorities. Director of Athletics Barry Alvarez said on Friday that Ikegwuonu was suspended from competition and practice but his status could change as more facts become available. In the meantime, he will remain on official squad lists and can receive support services from the university, Alvarez said. - AP Sports Wire

-black
06-07-2007, 06:43 PM
I'm pretty sure Talley went undrafted this year.

You're list is sorely lacking Tony Carter, and Cason shouldn't be close to the top if you go by what he did last year.

no not really....he doesnt deserve to be on any top CB list

-black
06-07-2007, 06:44 PM
#1-Malcolm Jenkings
#2-Brandon Flowers
#3-Antoine Cason
#4-Tony Carter
#5-Zak Bowman
#6-Justin King- might get suspended or something for starting a fight on campus
#7-Jack Ikegwuonu

Seniors
Antoine Cason- Arizona
Zack Bowman - Nebraska
Dwight Lowery– San Jose State
Mike Jenkins – South Florida
DeJuan Tribble – Boston College
Terrell Thomas - USC
Jonathan Zenon - LSU
Mike Jenkins– South Florida

I love how you got Mike Jenkins on the list twice....he deserves it. I believe he will be the first USF player to be a 1st round pick. Joe Burnett from UCF is a great prospect too.

Mr. Stiller
06-07-2007, 06:48 PM
I love how you got Mike Jenkins on the list twice....he deserves it. I believe he will be the first USF player to be a 1st round pick. Joe Burnett from UCF is a great prospect too.

Mike Mickens from Cincinnati could be a darkhorse for a rd 1 pick.

Green Bay Scat
06-07-2007, 06:53 PM
Imma try and get Lowery Auto this time, and hopefully his Bowl Ring, he broke his jaw durin practice and no coaches really cared, he was pissed and started to wish he would've entered this year, so he might pawn it. Im gonna see the Fresno St. SJSU game. Lowerys the man, and will be a Hughes(faster) player. plus hes a converted safty

PTPaQ
06-07-2007, 07:21 PM
Joe Burnett, UCF.

SuperKevin
06-07-2007, 07:29 PM
Mike Jenkins from USF is my favorite CB in the draft this year and I think he'll be a riser all year. He's got good size, speed, and strength for an NFL CB. As a matter of fact his partner Trae Williams isn't that bad either

Green Bay Scat
06-07-2007, 07:33 PM
Vonte Davis will rise high and far this year

SuperKevin
06-07-2007, 07:36 PM

Those genese are crazy in that family. Super freakish athletes

HoopsDemon12
06-07-2007, 11:01 PM
He and his brother broke into someones house...

04/06/07 - The legal case involving University of Wisconsin defensive back Jack Ikegwuonu doesn't appear as if it will be resolved in the near future. A hearing has been scheduled for June 22 in Sycamore, Ill., according to the district attorney's office. Ikegwuonu's attorney filed a motion in February asking that statements Ikegwuonu made to DeKalb, Ill., police be suppressed on the grounds he was not read his Miranda rights. Ikegwuonu was arrested on Nov. 25, along with his twin brother, Bill, after they allegedly broke into an apartment and tried to steal an Xbox. Bill Ikegwuonu is a reserve defensive back at Northern Illinois, located in DeKalb. - Jeff Potrykus, Milwaukee Journal Sentinel

01/18/07 - University of Wisconsin sophomore cornerback Jack Ikegwuonu entered a plea of not guilty Wednesday to charges of residential burglary and criminal trespass. It was the initial court appearance for Ikegwuonu, who was arrested Nov. 25, along with his twin brother, Bill, in DeKalb, Ill., after allegedly breaking into an apartment and attempting to steal an Xbox. Jack Ikegwuonu was suspended from the UW football team Dec. 1 under terms of the student-athlete discipline policy, then reinstated Dec. 15 and allowed to play in the Badgers' 17-14 victory over Arkansas in the Capital One Bowl on Jan. 1. Residential burglary, which is the more serious of the charges, is a Class 1 felony in Illinois and is punishable by four to 15 years in prison and a $25,000 fine. Criminal trespass is a misdemeanor punishable by up to one year in prison. Ikegwuonu's next court date was set for Feb. 23. Debra Schafer, of Rockford, Ill., who is Ikegwuonu's attorney, said it was premature to discuss the possibility of a plea bargain. - Tom Mulhern, Wisconsin State Journal

12/15/06 - Wisconsin reinstated defensive back Jack Ikegwuonu Friday pending further developments in his burglary case. Ikegwuonu, a sophomore cornerback and All-Big Ten Conference pick, was suspended from competition and practice Dec. 1. Police in Dekalb, Ill., had arrested Ikegwuonu and his brother, William, about a week before and accused them of breaking into an off-campus apartment and trying to steal an Xbox game console. The brothers face residential burglary and criminal trespass charges. Wisconsin athletic director Barry Alvarez said Ikegwuonu had been reinstated "pending further inquiry into his case." The statement did not elaborate, citing privacy laws governing student disciplinary actions. - AP Sports Wire

12/01/06 - A Northern Illinois University football player and his twin brother, a member of the University of Wisconsin football team, are accused of breaking into an off-campus apartment and trying to steal an Xbox game console, authorities said Thursday. Wisconsin sophomore cornerback and All-Big Ten Conference pick Jack Ikegwuonu and his twin brother, Northern Illinois safety William Ikegwuonu, face residential burglary and criminal trespass charges, authorities said. The 20-year-olds were arrested Saturday, according to DeKalb police Lt. Jim Kayes. The felony charge of residential burglary carries a maximum penalty of four years in prison and a $25,000 fine. The criminal trespass charge is a misdemeanor, Kayes said. Police were called to an area of apartments mainly inhabited by students, where a tenant returning home at 2 a.m. Saturday noticed his apartment open, police said. The man said he spotted two men in the apartment, one holding the Xbox, which was dropped when the men ran from the apartment, according to authorities. Director of Athletics Barry Alvarez said on Friday that Ikegwuonu was suspended from competition and practice but his status could change as more facts become available. In the meantime, he will remain on official squad lists and can receive support services from the university, Alvarez said. - AP Sports Wire

wow what an idiot....

-black
06-07-2007, 11:07 PM
Mike Jenkins from USF is my favorite CB in the draft this year and I think he'll be a riser all year. He's got good size, speed, and strength for an NFL CB. As a matter of fact his partner Trae Williams isn't that bad either

super and awesome post....finnally someone who recognizes the potenial of Jenkins.....I agree 100%. Jenkins IMHO will be a 1st rounder and Trae has the potential of a 1st day pick

Green Bay Scat
06-07-2007, 11:09 PM
I love anyone from USF, i was the biggest fan of Nicholas

HoopsDemon12
06-07-2007, 11:14 PM
I love anyone from USF, i was the biggest fan of Nicholas

i actually really enjoy watching them... they have a lot of talented playres that go over looked cause theyre not a big name college yet... i think in a matter of years USF will be a major college program and even maybe a power house.....btw love the jerseys

SuperKevin
06-07-2007, 11:14 PM
super and awesome post....finnally someone who recognizes the potenial of Jenkins.....I agree 100%. Jenkins IMHO will be a 1st rounder and Trae has the potential of a 1st day pick

That whole secondary is amazing with Carlton Williams at FS and Danny Verpaele at SS. I'd put it in contention for top secondary in all of college football

SuperKevin
06-07-2007, 11:15 PM
i actually really enjoy watching them... they have a lot of talented playres that go over looked cause theyre not a big name college yet... i think in a matter of years USF will be a major college program and even maybe a power house.....btw love the jerseys

Their biggest problem is the fact that their a 2nd tier Florida program. The top talent in the state will go to the big 3 or leave for other big time programs

Sniper
06-07-2007, 11:25 PM
i dont get why ppl keep telling me about how mario manningham burned him... last time i checked there was a whole defense.. sure he got beat but there should have been coverage there... i think he is good... everyone has a bad day, but that guy has incredible speed

You're right there should have been coverage...By King...and he got smoked on a 1 on 1. Manningham is money on the out and up.

HoopsDemon12
06-07-2007, 11:27 PM
You're right there should have been coverage...By King...and he got smoked on a 1 on 1. Manningham is money on the out and up.

so he got burned by the wide reciever who possibly runs that route the best of anyone in the country? that is terrible then... he must suck

Sniper
06-07-2007, 11:31 PM
so he got burned by the wide reciever who possibly runs that route the best of anyone in the country? that is terrible then... he must suck

Well if he's as good as you say he is he could at least stay on his feet instead of looking like a complete idiot

draftguru151
06-07-2007, 11:46 PM
Because Manningham didn't make Jenkins looks like a much bigger fool on the same route?

Sniper
06-08-2007, 06:52 AM
Because Manningham didn't make Jenkins looks like a much bigger fool on the same route?

That could have something to do with it...

jbooshey
06-08-2007, 08:56 AM
Manningham didn't do Jack (pun intended) against Ikegwuonu...however he did get the best of our other corner Al Langford (who is also a pro prospect)

jbooshey
06-08-2007, 09:07 AM
wow what an idiot....

Is he any more of an idiot the the guy you're sporting in your sig?

gstock05
06-08-2007, 03:34 PM
Manningham didn't do jack against Malcolm. He was matched up vs. Antonio Smith for the first half, then after consistently burning him, they switched Jenkins to Manningham. Mario didn't do a thing for the rest of the game. Coincidentally, after the switch, Adrian Arrington had a big game vs. Antonio Smith. I wonder why?

But in any case, people here are judging cornerbacks the wrong way here. EVERY cornerback will get burnt at some time or another regardless of their athleticism. Especially in this day and age.

A cornerback should be judged by his consistency, not by whether he gets burnt once or twice in a given game.

HoopsDemon12
06-09-2007, 02:12 PM
Is he any more of an idiot the the guy you're sporting in your sig?

not at all... but wow i just hate seeing guys with amazing talent waste it cause they think they are thugs... and he is in there cause no one would make me one so i grabbed one from a thread... and im a penn state homer

Music and Football
06-18-2007, 07:21 PM
no not really....he doesnt deserve to be on any top CB list

I disagree. I don't think Tony will come out next year, but he will be good, and if he did he is definitely a first day guy.

keylime_5
06-18-2007, 10:23 PM
I think Cason is overrated and will drop to the 15-25 range. Jenkins and King are great. That Wisconsin guy seems really good too. Thomas from USC is pretty good of a prospect, but Zack Bowman is probably the best of all. Too bad he got bad injuries 2 times so far. He'll probably be a huge steal if he stays healthy in the pros

BUSTKUNTLAWL
06-18-2007, 10:27 PM

Vontae & yes he is a freak.

He's only going to be a true soph. though.

keylime_5
06-18-2007, 10:32 PM
I think Vontae will be a top 10 pick ala Vernon. That kid's money.

sodar21
06-19-2007, 12:38 AM
I think Vontae will be a top 10 pick ala Vernon. That kid's money.

Didn't he shut down Ted Ginn Jr?

jbeans187
06-19-2007, 12:41 AM
I love Dwight Lowery, he is a stud. How is his timed speed?

Mr. Stiller
06-19-2007, 02:03 AM
I love Dwight Lowery, he is a stud. How is his timed speed?

It's going to be mediocre. I'm not thinking as slow as Daymeion Hughes.. but high 4.4's or mid to low 4.5's aren't out of the question.

I think he'll be a shut down corner in a zone scheme.

I'd love to add him in Pittsburgh, but we have more imminent needs.. WDE/WOLB, LT.

Addict
06-19-2007, 02:43 AM
Vontae & yes he is a freak.

He's only going to be a true soph. though.

only works in his favor

BUSTKUNTLAWL
06-19-2007, 10:52 PM
Didn't he shut down Ted Ginn Jr?

Yep.

http://www.illinoisloyalty.com/i/20061104/illini-ohio-state-16.jpg

darnik44two
06-24-2007, 08:52 PM
No one knows it yet, but DeJuan Tribble will be a first round pick.

draftguru151
06-24-2007, 09:12 PM
Kirby Freeman sure did his best to get people to notice him.

art vandelay
06-24-2007, 09:38 PM
I think that DeJuan Tribble has the potential to be the best CB in this draft. He really is reminiscent of Antoine Winfield and probably even has better ball skills.