PDA

View Full Version : Pat White

Acreboy
06-07-2007, 05:25 PM
Is he Eric Crouch v.2 or is there something different about him?

draftguru151
06-07-2007, 05:28 PM
Not really Eric Crouch, but unless he drastically improves as a passer he will probably have to make a move to WR or RB.

Acreboy
06-07-2007, 05:33 PM
Not really Eric Crouch, but unless he drastically improves as a passer he will probably have to make a move to WR or RB.
Isn't he a legit 4.5 guy?

When he was committed to LSU he was going to be used as WR or CB.

Is CB still an option for him?

HoopsDemon12
06-07-2007, 05:33 PM
Is he Eric Crouch v.2 or is there something different about him?

he may have imporved as a passer last year.. but he still is not near poslished enough to be an nfl signal caller... if he keeps improving he has a shot at being a back-up, unless something drastic happens. When all is said and done i think he is gonna be making his millions elsewhere on the football field

draftguru151
06-07-2007, 05:36 PM
Isn't he a legit 4.5 guy?

When he was committed to LSU he was going to be used as QR or CB.

Is CB still an option for him?

Yea he went to WV so he could play QB. CB is a possibility but I think the learning curve wouldn't be as big at WR.

I heard a few times last year about him and Slaton racing, and White would win, so yea he does have legit speed.

HoopsDemon12
06-07-2007, 05:44 PM
Yea he went to WV so he could play QB. CB is a possibility but I think the learning curve wouldn't be as big at WR.

I heard a few times last year about him and Slaton racing, and White would win, so yea he does have legit speed.

that is sick.... think he can beat devine in one of those three way races next season

Paranoidmoonduck
06-07-2007, 05:46 PM

Really? I heard that in a team get together to decide such things, Slaton beat everyone on the team.

Either way, White seems like a decent option to switch to wideout. He's got good quickness and hands, I guess we'll just have to see how he'd handle all the drills to see how natural he would look.

As for corner, it would also be a possibility, but it is typically difficult for a player to make that sort of switch this late in their career. I wouldn't rule out some team giving him a shot on defense.

draftguru151
06-07-2007, 05:55 PM
Slaton and White had a 60-yard dash to see who was the fastest on the team. Slaton won by one one-hundredth of a second.

He was darn close. I think I remember some announcer saying White won, but he is definitely close.

princefielder28
06-07-2007, 06:04 PM
I think White can be a wideout in the NFL

Mr. Stiller
06-07-2007, 06:06 PM

I don't think he'll ever be given the opportunity to improve. It's hard to get better when you average under 10 passing attempts a game.

The arm strength and accuracy are there, if he could ever get into a rythym.

draftguru151
06-07-2007, 06:07 PM
Maybe there is a reason only 10 pass plays are called.

HoopsDemon12
06-07-2007, 06:07 PM
I don't think he'll ever be given the opportunity to improve. It's hard to get better when you average under 10 passing attempts a game.

The arm strength and accuracy are there, if he could ever get into a rythym.

i thought i heard somewhere that he doesnt really have that great of arm strength?

HoopsDemon12
06-07-2007, 06:08 PM
Maybe there is a reason only 10 pass plays are called.

ooo ooo pick me!!!!... is it beacause you cant stop thier running game that runs ppl over at will??

Mr. Stiller
06-07-2007, 06:11 PM
i thought i heard somewhere that he doesnt really have that great of arm strength?

Just rewatch some of the games, He looks effortless throwing the ball and he can put some nice zip on the ball.

I think his Future is a Randel El role in the NFL. I just think if he was given 4 years to develop as a QB, a passing QB not an Option QB, He would be a day 1 Signal Caller.

draftguru151
06-07-2007, 06:16 PM
ooo ooo pick me!!!!... is it beacause you cant stop thier running game that runs ppl over at will??

LOL, maybe that, or it's because Pat White can't throw.

HoopsDemon12
06-07-2007, 06:18 PM
LOL, maybe that, or it's because Pat White can't throw.

haha all great possible answers that would lead us to the same conclusion... lets break for milk and cookies!!

Green Bay Scat
06-07-2007, 06:37 PM
Man in NCAA08 its gonna suck playin WV with Slaton and White...

Acreboy
06-07-2007, 06:48 PM
LOL, maybe that, or it's because Pat White can't throw.White's got the arm strength, accuracy is getting there but not good enough to be drafted in the 1st two rounds.

Man in NCAA08 its gonna suck playin WV with Slaton and White...
Devine should be sick as well..

draftguru151
06-07-2007, 06:55 PM
I've seen nothing from White throwing the ball to even warrant being drafted until late day 2. You're severely overrating his arm.

Acreboy
06-07-2007, 07:05 PM
I've seen nothing from White throwing the ball to even warrant being drafted until late day 2. You're severely overrating his arm.Strength? Maybe. Accuracy? No one has underestimated that. It's not that good yet.

HoopsDemon12
06-07-2007, 11:05 PM
great college player that just may not have the skill set to be great in the pro's... not a bad thing really... backups make millions... just sucks to see such a popular player not really have it

thebow305
06-08-2007, 01:59 PM
Didn't he come to WV to play baseball? I think he's a pitcher, if that's the case, I don't think his arm strength is lacking, but I could be totally off here.

Michigan
06-08-2007, 02:16 PM

Their running game isnt that great against bigger, athletic defenses (ala South Florida last year). Certainly will never see them "run over" USC, OSU, Michigan, LSU, etc...

ironman4579
06-08-2007, 02:17 PM
Didn't he come to WV to play baseball? I think he's a pitcher, if that's the case, I don't think his arm strength is lacking, but I could be totally off here.

That doesn't really mean anything though. He could be a soft tosser. Just because he's a pitcher doesn't mean he's zipping mid 90's heat.

jbeans187
06-08-2007, 02:55 PM
He is going to be a stud wr in the league, and he was drafted in the 5th round of the mlb draft as a pitcher and outfielder coming out of high school, he was mr. baseball in alabama, and chose wvu bc lsu wanted him to be a wr. He has a cannon, just lacks accuracy right now to be an nfl qb.

Edit - He was a 4th round pick out of hs, then got re drafted in the 27th round this year
http://www.msnsportsnet.com/page.cfm?sport=baseball&story=10985

TACKLE
06-09-2007, 12:33 PM
Pat White = Reggie McNeal (Texas A&M)

HoopsDemon12
06-09-2007, 02:14 PM
Their running game isnt that great against bigger, athletic defenses (ala South Florida last year). Certainly will never see them "run over" USC, OSU, Michigan, LSU, etc...

whos running game does run over USC, OSU, Michigan or LSU's defenses?

Staubach12
06-10-2007, 03:14 PM
I could see him staying at QB for a team that's willing to gamble. However, I think most teams will be looking to move him to WR. I think corner could be a with some major development. He's a tough player that'll do anything to win. Watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2DmuK91efw

I know it's not right to judge an ability by one play, but it looks to me as if he could lay the wood. Perhaps safety... I'm intruiged by him but at the same time very puzzled.

JETS5128
06-10-2007, 03:21 PM

They raced in a 40, slaton ran a 4.32, white ran a 4.33

keylime_5
06-10-2007, 03:32 PM
He's not going to be a great WR in the league b/c you don't just grow hands over night after college ball. However I think he'll be a really good kick returner and decent end around guy on offense ala Joshua Cribbs.

ATLDirtyBirds
06-10-2007, 03:38 PM
I like the Randle El comparison for Pat the most.

-black
06-10-2007, 03:47 PM
He is only a junior, so he still can improve his passing qualities. At the very least, with Richt coaching him he could possibly become Quincy Carter and a gamble pick in the late 1st day or early 2nd day

jbeans187
06-10-2007, 06:32 PM
He's not going to be a great WR in the league b/c you don't just grow hands over night after college ball. However I think he'll be a really good kick returner and decent end around guy on offense ala Joshua Cribbs.

Hard to judge his hands, but most qbs have fairly good hands.

Acreboy
06-10-2007, 06:44 PM
whos running game does run over USC, OSU, Michigan or LSU's defenses?Arkansas...

draftguru151
06-10-2007, 08:32 PM

Well it's not like he has proven he can't catch, and it's not like a QB has never made the conversion to WR before.

-black
06-10-2007, 08:49 PM
I honestly dont think he will make the change to WR (or any other skill position). I think he will give his all to stick it out a QB. And like I said, we are judgeing a freshman and sophomore White. He still has alot of progression to do as a QB. Rich is the same man that made Shaun King a 1st round prospect at QB. I think if White stays for his senior season (which he def should) by the time he is a 5th year senior i think he can be be a good prospect for the QB position.

JeffSamardzijaIRISH
06-10-2007, 09:35 PM
Poor man's Mike Vick

bennybee38
06-10-2007, 09:43 PM
id have him bulk up to about 195-205 pounds and play him as runningback

-black
06-10-2007, 09:45 PM
Poor man's Mike Vick

more like Vince Young

HoopsDemon12
06-11-2007, 08:59 AM
Arkansas...

and im an arkansas fan... wow im dissapointed in myself.. well then who else but arkansas can run over those defenses:)

Staubach12
06-11-2007, 11:08 AM
I think he will give his all to stick it out a QB. And like I said, we are judgeing a freshman and sophomore White. He still has alot of progression to do as a QB.

True. QBs are the kind of players that can make huge jumps in short ammounts of time, especially when they've got that kind of potential. Remember that as a sophomore, JaMarcus Russell really needed t work on his accuracy and decision making. However, in his Junior year, his decision making improved greatly and the change in his accuracy was night and day IMO. He really improved. I could see White making a similar jump.

Mr. Stiller
06-11-2007, 01:31 PM
Pat White = Reggie McNeal (Texas A&M)

Thats a comparison I see really fitting, Only difference is, McNeal actually got to throw the ball on a regular basis. Rodriguez is wasting this kid's potential and talent away. I can't argue because you do what wins ball games, and they can't seem to have their run game stopped, but it's disappointing.

YAYareaRB
06-11-2007, 01:38 PM
He is only a junior, so he still can improve his passing qualities. At the very least, with Richt coaching him he could possibly become Quincy Carter and a gamble pick in the late 1st day or early 2nd day

Whoa! That's not good!

-black
06-11-2007, 01:52 PM
Whoa! That's not good!

Quincy did lead the Cowboys to the playoffs.....Pat White can at the very LEAST do that (with some progression of course). Plus White seems to have better character than Carter (which can be seen as the real reason why Quincy is no longer in the league)

HoopsDemon12
06-11-2007, 04:51 PM
Whoa! That's not good!

Quincy did lead the Cowboys to the playoffs.....Pat White can at the very LEAST do that (with some progression of course). Plus White seems to have better character than Carter (which can be seen as the real reason why Quincy is no longer in the league)

ya carter had some amazing physical traits and was actually a really good QB... its his off the field crap that cost him his career

Staubach12
06-11-2007, 04:59 PM
Quincy had lots of potential back in the day. Too bad he had no character at al. White, on the other hand, has no character questions as far as I know.

reese
06-11-2007, 05:00 PM

who is richt?

jbeans187
06-11-2007, 10:17 PM
who is richt?

Im going to guess Rich Rodriguez

-black
06-11-2007, 11:24 PM
who is richt?

yes, my mistake....rich Rod

naruto613
06-15-2007, 01:23 AM
Honestly, I think White will stay a QB if drafted. The NFL standard for a QB is changing. The perfect examples are Vince Young, a tall guy with speed, and a great arm) and then the number 1 pick JaMarcus Russell, a tall guy with a rocket arm and nice speed. Pat White, if he has a great season, will be looked at as a high 2nd round late 1st round pick. He is surely fast enough to impress and has a canon for an arm. Sure he needs to work out accuracy, but look at Michael Vick, he's still playing with nobodies at WR and he isn't dead on accurate. With Pat White's arm, and the current NFL WR, a guy to jump up there and pick it out of the air, he'll succeed.

SuperKevin
06-15-2007, 08:14 AM

And end up playing in the AIFL?

YAYareaRB
06-15-2007, 11:20 AM
Quincy wasn't as fast as Pat and was a better passer coming out of college. Where did Pat rank coming out of High School?

ElectricEye
06-15-2007, 11:39 AM
I like the guy. I don't think he's done at quarterback just quite yet, but even if he is, they'll find a place for him.

YAYareaRB
06-15-2007, 11:49 AM
I sure hope he does play QB in the league though. I'd give him a shot at least

constant cough
06-15-2007, 12:00 PM
He's one of those guys who decommited from LSU and I didn't mind cause WVU promised he could play QB and I'd wouldn've taken a shot at that too if I were him. Then he turned turned out being what he is now.

He is only Junior so he has time to work on his arm if he's ever gonna play QB in the leauge he'll need to. But as far as running he's the best running QB I've seen since Vince Young. I think he's a intresting prospect but unless he has a really special type of year he needs to come back for his senior year.

I can't wait to see WVU's backfield next year.

JeffSamardzijaIRISH
06-15-2007, 04:48 PM
WVU's offense looks like the VT of old.

HoopsDemon12
06-15-2007, 11:40 PM
He's one of those guys who decommited from LSU and I didn't mind cause WVU promised he could play QB and I'd wouldn've taken a shot at that too if I were him. Then he turned turned out being what he is now.

He is only Junior so he has time to work on his arm if he's ever gonna play QB in the leauge he'll need to. But as far as running he's the best running QB I've seen since Vince Young. I think he's a intresting prospect but unless he has a really special type of year he needs to come back for his senior year.

I can't wait to see WVU's backfield next year.

wow im gonna be in awe.... they will be so good, and if they get to add in devine... wow thats gonna be deadly

Brent
06-26-2007, 09:55 PM
I think Jarrett Brown is going to be a better NFL prospect than Pat.

JeffSamardzijaIRISH
06-26-2007, 10:15 PM
Jarrett Brown is a stud. He may not be as fast as Pat, but boy, can he throw the rock!