PDA

View Full Version : Rose Bowl: Michigan-USC

Pages : [1] 2

danman253
12-03-2006, 09:06 PM
Who is gonna win. After seeing those tackles, woodley will be all over JDB

moc182
12-03-2006, 09:08 PM
Michigan. USC's offense has struggled at times, and playing against a defense of this caliber I give them very little chance.

snuff
12-03-2006, 09:10 PM
USC or a Michigan blowout.

soybean
12-03-2006, 09:11 PM
After yesterday, im gonna have to go with michigan... [sigh]

yodabear
12-03-2006, 09:42 PM
Michigan is so pissed off about not getting the championship bid, so they are gonna send the Lions cuz they have nothing to do in January, and USC is gonna win.

The Unseen
12-03-2006, 09:46 PM
Michigan by 10

richdg
12-03-2006, 09:50 PM
This might be the best game of all the BCS bowls. 2 very good teams, its a home game for USC. Michigan is a more experienced team, and i think they will pull it out. But it will be less than 7 points either way.

danman253
12-03-2006, 09:50 PM
28-14 Michigan is my initial prediciton. Michigan comes out on fire, lets USC score b4 the half to have some momentum, but michigan pulls away in the 2nd half, USC scores at the end for sympathy points.

yodabear
12-03-2006, 09:51 PM
Seriously,

Michigan 35
USC 17

Michigan will play with a chip on their sholders.

snuff
12-03-2006, 09:52 PM
Seriously,

Michigan 35
USC 17

Michigan will play with a chip on their sholders.Just like vs Nebraska last year when they got passed over. :?

danman253
12-03-2006, 09:53 PM
Seriously,

Michigan 35
USC 17

Michigan will play with a chip on their sholders.Just like vs Nebraska last year when they got passed over. :?

Dude Michigan sucked last year.

yodabear
12-03-2006, 09:54 PM
Seriously,

Michigan 35
USC 17

Oh yeah we got passed over last year. We shoulda been in the Outback Bowl.

snuff
12-03-2006, 09:54 PM
Seriously,

Michigan 35
USC 17

Dude Michigan sucked last year.Not really. They just underachieved.

danman253
12-03-2006, 09:56 PM
Seriously,

Michigan 35
USC 17

Dude Michigan sucked last year.Not really. They just underachieved.Wel thats true, but come on they were horrible in that game last year. Michigan has a very different savy this year.

yodabear
12-03-2006, 09:57 PM
I think this is gonna be the match up in the 2008 championship.

RWFender1
12-03-2006, 10:05 PM
so you don't think USC will be playing with a chip on their shoulders after getting embarrassed by UCLA right before the title game?

danman253
so you don't think USC will be playing with a chip on their shoulders after getting embarrassed by UCLA right before the title game?
Not as much as michigan, who was screwed out of a title shot.

Thunderstruck
This game comes down to the players attitude on it. Both teams thought they were going to the National Title game, now they have to settle for the Rose Bowl. In my opinion, the win goes to whoever sees it as less of a consolation prize and more of an honor.

But, if the intensity level is equal, I think Michigan will win it. The Wolverines front seven has proven throughout the year that they can get to the quarterback, and I can't recall a game where they did not generate ample pressure.

In theory, USC would love to spread the field and expose the average secondary, but they will not have any time. They'll need to keep at least an extra man back to protect. They'll have problems, as John David Booty doesn't have the mobility or poise of Troy Smith.

USC's wideouts will make some big plays to compensate for a lackluster ground attack, but Michigan will take the Rose Bowl going away.

P-L
12-03-2006, 10:06 PM
Michigan in a pretty close game.

doingthisinsteadofwork
12-03-2006, 10:15 PM
Michigan 31
USC 21.

detroit4life
12-03-2006, 10:28 PM
this game will be a better game htne the NC and ill take UM. There frint seven will go right after Booty just like UCLA if not worse.

GB12
12-03-2006, 10:35 PM
34-21 Michigan.

RockJock07
12-03-2006, 10:37 PM
Good call Thunderstruck.

Even though Michigan didn't get screwed, they will come out with some fire, but so will USC.

They lost a chance to play for the title in the same stadium and it's a "home" game for them. We all saw what happened this past weekend, if USC can protect Booty, USC may win in a close one.

USC 24
Mich. 23

danman253
12-03-2006, 10:39 PM
Good call Thunderstruck.

Even though Michigan didn't get screwed, they will come out with some fire, but so will USC.

They lost a chance to play for the title in the same stadium and it's a "home" game for them. We all saw what happened this past weekend, if USC can protect Booty, USC may win in a close one.

USC 24
Mich. 23

Ok, how are they gonna protect booty?

I'm convinced you are just biased against michigan.

soybean
12-03-2006, 10:46 PM
this game will be a better game htne the NC and ill take UM. There frint seven will go right after Booty just like UCLA if not worse.

their defense may not be as good as UCLA's but all they have to do is watch that last game over and over and mimmick exactly what UCLA did.

RockJock07
12-03-2006, 11:10 PM
Well if the OL and Sam Baker plan to block then Booty can get the ball to Jerrett and Smith.

I don't hate Michigan, I don't have a fav. college team, I don't understand why Michigan fans can't take some constructive cristism and not freak out when people give their take on the game.

snuff
12-03-2006, 11:11 PM
Well if the OL and Sam Baker plan to block then Booty can get the ball to Jerrett and Smith.

I don't hate Michigan, I don't have a fav. college team, I don't understand why Michigan fans can't take some constructive cristism and not freak out when people give their take on the game.you don't have constructive criticism... Your claims are as on point as Scientology.

Thunderstruck
12-03-2006, 11:12 PM

their defense may not be as good as UCLA's but all they have to do is watch that last game over and over and mimmick exactly what UCLA did.

Wait. :?

I may be misunderstanding you, but you are insane if you think UCLA has a better defense than Michigan. In my estimation, the Bruins don't match the Wolverines in the speed or physicality department. It may be close schematically speaking, but I would probably give the edge to Michigan there too.

If Booty thinks he had a long day against UCLA, wait until he goes against that front seven. :shock:

soybean
12-03-2006, 11:26 PM

I may be misunderstanding you, but you are insane if you think UCLA has a better defense than Michigan. In my estimation, the Bruins don't match the Wolverines in the speed or physicality department. It may be close schematically speaking, but I would probably give the edge to Michigan there too.

If Booty thinks he had a long day against UCLA, wait until he goes against that front seven. :shock:

yeah but they're no Justin Hickman and Bruce Davis.

here's what's gonna happen.

1st quarter: booty struggles.
2nd half: booty replaced by mark sanchez, they take the leash off of rey maualuga [chad henne gets a fractured skull]. Jarrett gets 500 yards recieving and stafon johnson gets to play. And they own your wolverine ass.

danman253
12-03-2006, 11:28 PM
Lamarr Woodley will have JDB in a body bag by halftime.

RWFender1
12-03-2006, 11:46 PM

2nd half: booty replaced by mark sanchez, they take the leash off of rey maualuga [chad henne gets a fractured skull]. Jarrett gets 500 yards recieving and stafon johnson gets to play. And they own your wolverine ass.
-----------------

I like it except do you really think Carroll would put Sanchez in? Unless he is planning to make a permenent switch he would never switch QBs I think. Also, I bet Booty will start next year since he had this year to become familiar with the system. I think Mark is a tremendous QB though

RWFender1
12-03-2006, 11:47 PM
Also what the heck is up with Stafon? I have been dying to see him play all year...was he injured or red shirting?

Thunderstruck
12-03-2006, 11:51 PM

1.) Have you watched Michigan? Bruce Davis and Justin Hickman are good, but you can't collectively compare them to LaMarr Woodley and Rondell Biggs. Don't even get me started on the interior.

2.) You got the first quarter right.

3.) Alas, you followed up a correct statement with an asinine one. If Booty struggles, you expect redshirt freshman to do well? I know Sanchez has oodles of potential, but he would have his fair share of woes as well.

4.) Rey Maualuga is a beast, but I doubt he would fracture Chad Henne's skull. Just playing the odds there.

5.) In order for Jarrett to get 500 yards receiving, Booty (or Sanchez for argument's sake) would need time to throw. He may bypass the 100 yard barrier, but he will not even sniff 200 in my opinion.

6.) Stafon Johnson has talent, but I have a hard time believing he would break four yards per carry against that run defense.

7.) Oh, by the way, I'm not a Michigan fan. Sorry.

snuff
12-03-2006, 11:52 PM
Current Vegas outs Michigan -2.

USC is get -3 for playing a home game.

doingthisinsteadofwork
12-04-2006, 12:02 AM
Carroll will prepare his team well but so will Carr and Michigan's talent will win it in the end for em.

Nitschke-Hawk
12-04-2006, 12:10 AM
Booty will be eaten for lunch, I'm thinking like 2 or 3 sacks from LaMarr Woodley boosting his draft stock.

RWFender1
12-04-2006, 02:19 AM
eh, i dont think Henne will have all the time in the world to throw either

snuff
12-04-2006, 02:39 AM
eh, i dont think Henne will have all the time in the world to throw eitherHe had plenty of time vs tOSU and their D-line is much better than yours.

ToldLikeItIs
12-04-2006, 02:49 AM
USC is going to lose by 2 tds+

Michigan is going to come out like a machine, I honestly fear this game as a USC fan.

TIP
12-04-2006, 08:30 AM
USC is going to lose by 2 tds+

Michigan is going to come out like a machine, I honestly fear this game as a USC fan.

Seriously...

USC just took a major hit, losing to its rivals, a team they're vastly superior than, and losing out on the Nat. Championship. Then you take Michigan, who was chompin at the bit to get a rematch...then FLorida screws em, they're going to come out and just lay a beating I think.

danman253
12-04-2006, 08:55 AM
eh, i dont think Henne will have all the time in the world to throw eitherWe had plenty of time all yeah against better DLs.

danman253
12-04-2006, 08:56 AM

You have never watched Michigan then. Michigans defensive end Lamarr Woodley is the favorite t win the bednarik and Biggs/Jamison are productive opposite Lamarr.

srv fan
12-04-2006, 11:21 AM

I don't hate Michigan, I don't have a fav. college team, I don't understand why Michigan fans can't take some constructive cristism and not freak out when people give their take on the game.

Maybe you could offer an opinion as to why you think it will be this way, instead of just throwing statements out there and getting pissy when people call you out for not really having an argument? Seriously, I'd love to hear how an OL that got ruined by Justin Hickman and Bruce Davis is going to shut down Alan Branch, Terrence Taylor, and Lamarr "2006 Bednarik Winner" Woodley. I'm expecting another inane, Madden-esque answer- "well blocking is the key to the game so USC will block and win because they block durrr"- but feel free to surprise me.

I think it will be a good, close game. Michigan by around 10 points. My only fear is if USC actually does the smart thing and exploits our lack of DB depth by running 5 wide receiver looks (like OSU did to great effect). That could be big time trouble.

Nerv
12-04-2006, 12:07 PM
Honestly, this is the game Ive been wanting to see for awile. I watched a lot of USC toward the end of the year in case there was a Rose Bowl match and Booty really does struggle when he is under pressure. There may not be a better front 7 or DLine in the country than Michigans and I think Booty will be rattled.

At the same time I know Michigan and their bowl performances, do not be at all surprised when they come out after 40 days off slow and lackluster on offense. A bunch of 3 or 6 and outs to start the game saddenly wouldnt surprise me at all for Michigan. I think the Michigan defense is going to have to make a statement or big play early to set up the offense for this game to be as big of a blowout as all the UofM fans are predicting. Though I can really see Booty in for a long day.

RWFender1
12-04-2006, 12:41 PM
I think its just as likley Michigan throws in the towel and comes out a little flat after not getting invited to the National Championships just as likely as I think they will come out pumped...it could go either way. But it could be like Cal, they had the world promised to them this season and after SC beat them they threw in the towel and barely beat Stanford.. so who knows.

Anyways, despite what happened last weekend I am picking USC to win by 3...I see a field goal difference here

RockJock07
12-04-2006, 12:43 PM
(Maybe you could offer an opinion as to why you think it will be this way, instead of just throwing statements out there and getting pissy when people call you out for not really having an argument? Seriously, I'd love to hear how an OL that got ruined by Justin Hickman and Bruce Davis is going to shut down Alan Branch, Terrence Taylor, and Lamarr "2006 Bednarik Winner" Woodley. I'm expecting another inane, Madden-esque answer- "well blocking is the key to the game so USC will block and win because they block durrr"- but feel free to surprise me.)

A good pass rush can be beaten.

The Michigan front 7 is as good as it gets and Pete Carroll is aware of this. He won't let Booty take 5 and 7 step drops. There are going to be alot of quick slants, bubble screens, and draws. If the OL can hold out enough for Booty to take a 3 step drop, the DL will be taken out of the game.

Another route Carroll could take is use 4 WR sets. Spread Mich. out, then your "2006 Bednarik winner" is blockable.

is that good enough answer for you?

P-L
12-04-2006, 01:30 PM
OSU spread the Michigan defense out with 4 WR sets and Woodley was in Smith's face all day...

danman253
12-04-2006, 02:44 PM
I think Leon Hall can shut down Jarrett. Lets face it, the reason ginn burned him was cuz of Smiths playfakes and his speed. Booty doesn't have a good play fake ad Hall is faster than DJ. And don't give me this 6'5 crap. James Hardy was 6'7 and Hall shut him down.

danman253
12-04-2006, 02:45 PM
(Maybe you could offer an opinion as to why you think it will be this way, instead of just throwing statements out there and getting pissy when people call you out for not really having an argument? Seriously, I'd love to hear how an OL that got ruined by Justin Hickman and Bruce Davis is going to shut down Alan Branch, Terrence Taylor, and Lamarr "2006 Bednarik Winner" Woodley. I'm expecting another inane, Madden-esque answer- "well blocking is the key to the game so USC will block and win because they block durrr"- but feel free to surprise me.)

A good pass rush can be beaten.

The Michigan front 7 is as good as it gets and Pete Carroll is aware of this. He won't let Booty take 5 and 7 step drops. There are going to be alot of quick slants, bubble screens, and draws. If the OL can hold out enough for Booty to take a 3 step drop, the DL will be taken out of the game.

Another route Carroll could take is use 4 WR sets. Spread Mich. out, then your "2006 Bednarik winner" is blockable.

is that good enough answer for you?You are beyond help. read P-L's post, nuff said

DoWnThEfiElD
12-04-2006, 02:54 PM
Booty does not play with poise. The guy was rattled all day against UCLA. Mich is perfectly capible of doing the same. Booty isn't the same QB when he has to play from behind. Just look two INTs against Notre Dame i promise you if that happens Mich will come up with more point than ND did. USC has got a great team but i don't think Booty is a championship caliber QB. There are times in games when you can see he is struggling, and its obvious that the Mich defense has been rattling QBs all year, with the exception of TS. Booty's inconsistant play is the achilles heel of USC, and i have no reason to believe that the Mich defense can't get to him, mentally and physically, as UCLA did.

soybean
12-04-2006, 03:03 PM
how come all you michigan fans have so much hate inside?

will michigan win? probably. can usc beat michigan? probably. Does michigan have a great D-Line? yes Is Mario Manningham a perennial superstar? yes. Is Lamar woodley one of the best? yes.

We admitted you're the second best team in the country and it is sad that you guys got screwed out of the national championship, but all you guys have to stop thinking you guys are that much better and the best team in the world. You guys got cleveland banned because you guys said he was throwin it in your face that "OSU beat Michigan." But you guys are doing the same thing with USC, except the fact that they havent played yet. It'll be a close game and Michigan will probably win.

you don't have constructive criticism... Your claims are as on point as Scientology.

but you are insane if you think UCLA has a better defense than Michigan.

Booty will be eaten for lunch, I'm thinking like 2 or 3 sacks from LaMarr Woodley boosting his draft stock.

He had plenty of time vs tOSU and their D-line is much better than yours.

We had plenty of time all yeah against better DLs.

RWFender1
12-04-2006, 03:12 PM
USC is gonna suprise a lot of people

danman253
12-04-2006, 03:12 PM
when they come out flat.

RockJock07
12-04-2006, 03:31 PM
Good call Soybean.

(OSU spread the Michigan defense out with 4 WR sets and Woodley was in Smith's face all day...)

And OSU won the game, Where was Woodley when OSU gashed them for 2 long runs?

USC will come out with some fire, it's a home game for them and 85% of the fans are gonna be USC's and it's the Rose Bowl, they'll come out ready to play.

USC by 3 points of less.

Shane P. Hallam
12-04-2006, 03:43 PM
I think it depends. If Michigan prepares for those 5 wides and can handle them this time around, then UM will win by two scores. If not, it will be tight, and I may even lean towards USC. I think UM will prepare, and win.

TIP
12-04-2006, 03:53 PM

will michigan win? probably. can usc beat michigan? probably. Does michigan have a great D-Line? yes Is Mario Manningham a perennial superstar? yes. Is Lamar woodley one of the best? yes.

We admitted you're the second best team in the country and it is sad that you guys got screwed out of the national championship, but all you guys have to stop thinking you guys are that much better and the best team in the world. You guys got cleveland banned because you guys said he was throwin it in your face that "OSU beat Michigan." But you guys are doing the same thing with USC, except the fact that they havent played yet. It'll be a close game and Michigan will probably win.

you don't have constructive criticism... Your claims are as on point as Scientology.

but you are insane if you think UCLA has a better defense than Michigan.

He had plenty of time vs tOSU and their D-line is much better than yours.

We had plenty of time all yeah against better DLs.
I don't see how you can call it close, after michigan has so much anger form being shafted, and was chompin at the bit to play their archrivals, and on the flipside, USC is devastated, having lost their NC chance, to a team who is their archrival, and a team they are much better than.

danman253
12-04-2006, 04:09 PM
Good call Soybean.

(OSU spread the Michigan defense out with 4 WR sets and Woodley was in Smith's face all day...)

And OSU won the game, Where was Woodley when OSU gashed them for 2 long runs?

USC will come out with some fire, it's a home game for them and 85% of the fans are gonna be USC's and it's the Rose Bowl, they'll come out ready to play.

USC by 3 points of less.

You are completely biased against michigan and not worht the time of day.

Wanna now why OSU had som much success? Troy Smith. Composed, familiar system, srambling, cna handle the rush, something Booty CANNOT DO. And Woodley was in all day on a better OL than USC. Please do not compare the two, because JDB is an awful QB.

slightlyaraiderfan
12-04-2006, 04:12 PM
when they come out flat.
I don't remember a Pete Carroll team come out flat when the he's had this much time to prepare and so much focus on a game.

danman253
12-04-2006, 04:15 PM
when they come out flat.
I don't remember a Pete Carroll team come out flat when the he's had this much time to prepare and so much focus on a game.

Weren't they supposed to have that same focus last game?

slightlyaraiderfan
12-04-2006, 04:22 PM
when they come out flat.

They were, but they didn't. They're going to say they weren't looking past the Bruins, but they did. Carroll and Co. were outcoached, and they weren't prepared. That won't happen again, so i'm not expecting them to come out flat and unprepared again.

RockJock07
12-04-2006, 04:26 PM
no, it was a trap game, many thought they would have a tough time with UCLA but would win.

And DM, I don't hate Michigan. But all you guys are using the crutch that they are going to beat a USC team because UM was screwed out of the NC game.

USC had to win and they were in, they have no one to blame but themselves but they are gonna come out in a "home" game and will win the game by a narrow margin.

srv fan
12-04-2006, 04:34 PM

We admitted you're the second best team in the country and it is sad that you guys got screwed out of the national championship, but all you guys have to stop thinking you guys are that much better and the best team in the world. You guys got cleveland banned because you guys said he was throwin it in your face that "OSU beat Michigan." But you guys are doing the same thing with USC, except the fact that they havent played yet. It'll be a close game and Michigan will probably win

Soybean, great post. USC is a very, very good team, and I have a lot of respect for the program as a whole. The Trojans have been the cream of the crop for several years now, and they will likely continue that streak for a good while. It will be a good game all around. You are also right, we (Michigan fans) are being assholes right now, with the boasting and predictions and disrespect to a USC program that has been consistently better than us so far this decade. I apologize for my part in that, to everyone.

Not that its an excuse, but as someone who has been a Wolverine since birth, these past few weeks have been really tough, and probably is part of the reason some of us are being dicks. First we lose our icon, the guy who made us what we are- Bo was a legend at UM, on and off the campus. Then we play our hearts out and lose a nailbiter against an amazing team in their own stadium. Then we find out that somehow, despite our only loss being to the number 1 team in the country by three points on the road, we're being passed over for a Florida that lost to the number 11 team by double digits and needed a miracle blocked kick against a crappy opponent earlier in the year. Without playing a game, we went from number 2 to number 3. One hell of a bad month. Again, its not an excuse, but so much **** has happened, I know I almost feel defensive, and probably have taken that out on undeserving targets (aka USC fans). So I definately apologize.

This whole NC fiasco makes me sick. One way or another, someone was going to get screwed. Both Michigan and Florida have very legit arguments to go. The only impression I'm coming away with is that the BCS is profoundly messed up, and needs to be scrapped for some sort of playoff. It is not right for the sport to decide its champions through the opinions of a bunch of amateur pollsters and computer formulas devised by people who know nothing about football.

Anyways, I can't even make a prediction for this game, other than saying in general, I think Michigan has the overall talent and experience edge. Both squads have so much talent on both sides of the ball, they can execute multiple schemes- the only people who know what each team is going to run are Pete Carroll and Lloyd Carr. Remember how everyone thought The Big One was going to be a defensive slugfest? That should serve as a warning for trying to predict a game where two teams can run so many different looks. I can see USC spreading it out, and Michigan countering with a deep ball attack. I can see both teams trying to slug it out with their RB's and defenses. Honestly, none of us know what will happen. All I want is for us to win, Florida to lose, and the BCS to realize it is completely f_______ing over people EVERY YEAR- Auburn, Michigan, the Big 10 and SEC in general, etc.

RWFender1
12-04-2006, 05:10 PM
I agree..USC probably did look beyond UCLA and the team just got psyched out. This won't happen with several weeks to practice and prepare. Anyone who thinks this game wont be close is mistaken.

I have seen first hand how USC as a team relates to the energy of the crowd and I think they will be fired up because the majority of the fans will be for the Trojans and that will give USC momentum.

I think Michigan is a great time and I respect them a great deal. I think they will come to play and it will be a very good game but I am sticking with USC by 3.

detroit4life
12-04-2006, 06:18 PM
OSU was able to spread out this team becuase troy smith was able to handle the rush an OSU player even said that there Oline would block 4 guys and leave the 5th to troy and he was able to do that with his feet and his composure now are you really saying that JDB can do that same thing cuz it looks like he gets rattled easily

elway777
12-04-2006, 06:57 PM
Atleast SC doesnt have to worry about Henne outside the pocket,we all know how SC defends scrambling QB's.(Young,Cowan,Stanback)
The way Pete Carroll prepares for championship games leaves me no doubt this game will be close.But if our new preservative 10- yards and under passing game doesnt work,ouch,SC will get a hurtin.

What USC needs to do to start out the game is a few quick hitchs or slants to Jarrett,because history shows early touches leads to a big game for both Booty and Jarrett.Also on offense Chauncey Washington should be the starter,with Gable as a change of pace or 3rd down guy.I just dont trust our talented but young freshman against Michigans talented D.

Thats just some insight on my part, im sure ill think of some more to post.Looking forward to the game though like to know more from SC fans what we should expect or what we should establish against Michigan in the Rose Bowl.

Fight On!

12-04-2006, 07:14 PM
USC has one big edge in this matchup. It's Pete Carrol. The guy knows how to win and prepare his team. Last year they got beat, but Texas was a very good team. I could see USC beating Michigan just from the fact that they will probably out coach Michigan. Carr never has his teams ready for bowl games.

richdg
12-04-2006, 07:27 PM
Instead of running around, and putting down Michigan, why don't you talk about PSU? Oh yeah, no one cares! As bad as you think Carr is, how come Joe Pa can never beat him? Go look at the last 2 Rose Bowls. Both won by Texas. Michigan played Texas closer than USC. Michigan didn't have Leinhart, Bush, White or carroll, and Texas had Benson. Snotie, you are the most negitive person I know. All you do is complain and ***** about everything. have you ever made a positive post about anything on this forum? No. *****, *****, *****. Take your negitivity and go cry somewhere else. If you don't have anything nice to say, SHUT UP!

danman253
12-04-2006, 07:42 PM
USC has one big edge in this matchup. It's Pete Carrol. The guy knows how to win and prepare his team. Last year they got beat, but Texas was a very good team. I could see USC beating Michigan just from the fact that they will probably out coach Michigan. Carr never has his teams ready for bowl games.

:roll: Once again, you are here to only start trouble. Please leave, you and your opinion are not wanted.

danman253
12-04-2006, 07:42 PM
Instead of running around, and putting down Michigan, why don't you talk about PSU? Oh yeah, no one cares! As bad as you think Carr is, how come Joe Pa can never beat him? Go look at the last 2 Rose Bowls. Both won by Texas. Michigan played Texas closer than USC. Michigan didn't have Leinhart, Bush, White or carroll, and Texas had Benson. Snotie, you are the most negitive person I know. All you do is complain and *********** about everything. have you ever made a positive post about anything on this forum? No. ***********, ***********, ***********. Take your negitivity and go cry somewhere else. If you don't have anything nice to say, SHUT UP!

Its the poster formely known as scorchin, who no one liked, leave him be, he thinks we don't know who he is.

TIP
12-04-2006, 07:45 PM
Instead of running around, and putting down Michigan, why don't you talk about PSU? Oh yeah, no one cares! As bad as you think Carr is, how come Joe Pa can never beat him? Go look at the last 2 Rose Bowls. Both won by Texas. Michigan played Texas closer than USC. Michigan didn't have Leinhart, Bush, White or carroll, and Texas had Benson. Snotie, you are the most negitive person I know. All you do is complain and *********** about everything. have you ever made a positive post about anything on this forum? No. ***********, ***********, ***********. Take your negitivity and go cry somewhere else. If you don't have anything nice to say, SHUT UP!

He beat him once in 98. and actually, you both lost in the last seconds of the game. And don't rag on PSU man, we have a ******** QB. START DEVLIN NEXT YEAR DAMMIT!

12-04-2006, 07:46 PM

Its the poster formely known as scorchin, who no one liked, leave him be, he thinks we don't know who he is. Coming from a high school kid. Wow that hurts. You michigan fans are so arrogant it's no wonder nobody likes you. Maybe if you would come up with a legit argument for your team instead of excuses you might be able to be takin seriously.

danman253
12-04-2006, 07:47 PM

Its the poster formely known as scorchin, who no one liked, leave him be, he thinks we don't know who he is. Coming from a high school kid. Wow that hurts. You michigan fans are so arrogant it's no wonder nobody likes you. Maybe if you would come up with a legit argument for your team instead of excuses you might be able to be takin seriously.

a. Im in college
b. I come up with legit arguements with smart users.
c. You are not worth arguing with, you make John Madden look like a genious.

12-04-2006, 07:50 PM

:roll: Once again, you are here to only start trouble. Please leave, you and your opinion are not wanted. Neither are you and your crying about your choke artist team. Just saying what is true. Pete Carrol is a much better coach and has his teams ready to play games.

danman253
12-04-2006, 07:51 PM

:roll: Once again, you are here to only start trouble. Please leave, you and your opinion are not wanted. Neither are you and your crying about your choke artist team. Just saying what is true. Pete Carrol is a much better coach and has his teams ready to play games.
Quote me where i said that Carroll is worse than carr...

I was merely stating your statement is arrogant. We seemed prpared in '97, also in 2003 vs. Florida, so yeah we are never prepared...

MagnumGator
12-04-2006, 07:54 PM
when they come out flat.

They were, but they didn't. They're going to say they weren't looking past the Bruins, but they did. Carroll and Co. were outcoached, and they weren't prepared. That won't happen again, so i'm not expecting them to come out flat and unprepared again.RockJock is right; it was a classic trap game. Carroll's bowl record speaks for itself and so does Carr's, but the other way around. I would expect Michigan to come out flat way before USC. Often when teams spend all December crying about what bowl they should have been in, they get smoked.

12-04-2006, 07:55 PM

I was merely stating your statement is arrogant. We seemed prpared in '97, also in 2003 vs. Florida, so yeah we are never prepared... Never did I say that you thought Carr was better. Do you know how to read. Just gave my opinion on the matchup and you come on here crying and complaining again. Grow some balls and be a man. Also I guess if your proud of the fact that your team has been prepared twice in 10 years, great, more power to you. I'd say that is pretty sad.

TIP
12-04-2006, 08:02 PM
when they come out flat.

They were, but they didn't. They're going to say they weren't looking past the Bruins, but they did. Carroll and Co. were outcoached, and they weren't prepared. That won't happen again, so i'm not expecting them to come out flat and unprepared again.RockJock is right; it was a classic trap game. Carroll's bowl record speaks for itself and so does Carr's, but the other way around. I would expect Michigan to come out flat way before USC. Often when teams spend all December crying about what bowl they should have been in, they get smoked.

Or you are biased against michigan, since you've spent the last two fays at war with them. I hate Michigan, but give me a break you guys.

Look at what is negative for USC

They coming of a heartbreaking loss, costing them a title shot, to their archrivals, who are definately worse than them. That has to linger

They are a young team as well, with a QB who has been shaky under pressure. They're going against a pissed off Wolverine team, one who is experienced, and has a great defense and pass rush. UM is pissed off because they feel they got screwed and were chomping at the bit to play OSU again. also, they'll be done bitching in a few days. If you really think they'll spend all these weeks bitching, you are sorely mistaken. This game could be close, but more likely to be a sound victory for UM.

snuff
12-04-2006, 08:08 PM
Don't listen to Sarf he knows nothing about college football. I don't think he has ever seen a college football game.

RockJock07
12-04-2006, 08:12 PM
All the trojans had to do was win, that's it, they screwed it up. I don't think that happens again. Unlike Michigan, SC had the fate in their hands and was outplayed by a hungry UCLA team.

Pete Carroll looked like his dog was just killed after the game, SC won't let that happen again. We forget that Carroll is a high energy guy, and his energy is infectious, after watching some of their games all i wanna do is go out an jack some up. I'd be very surprised if USC doesn't win

snuff
12-04-2006, 08:17 PM
All the trojans had to do was win, that's it, they screwed it up. I don't think that happens again. Unlike Michigan, SC had the fate in their hands and was outplayed by a hungry UCLA team.

Pete Carroll looked like his dog was just killed after the game, SC won't let that happen again. We forget that Carroll is a high energy guy, and his energy is infectious, after watching some of their games all i wanna do is go out an jack some up. I'd be very surprised if USC doesn't winGood call! More great information you bring to the table! I think Michigan wins though because Lloyd Carr eats at Burger King, and once the players get some In and Out Burgers they will be unstoppable.

danman253
12-04-2006, 08:17 PM

I was merely stating your statement is arrogant. We seemed prpared in '97, also in 2003 vs. Florida, so yeah we are never prepared... Never did I say that you thought Carr was better. Do you know how to read. Just gave my opinion on the matchup and you come on here crying and complaining again. Grow some balls and be a man. Also I guess if your proud of the fact that your team has been prepared twice in 10 years, great, more power to you. I'd say that is pretty sad.
I just mentioned two occasions.

SInce 1996:

1996: Lost to Alabama in the Outback Bowl
1997: Beat WSU in Rose bowl, National Champs
1998: Beat Arkansas in the Citrus Bowl
1999: Beat Alabama in the Orange bowl
2000: Beat Auburn in the Citrus Bowl
2001: Lost to Tennessee in Citrus Bow
2002: Beat Florida in Outback Bowl
2003: Lost to USC in the Rose Bowl
2004: Lost to Texas in Rose Bowl
2005: Lost to Nebrasa in Alamo Bowl

So 5-5 the last ten years. Man we are unprepared.

WHen are u right scorchin? Oh yeah, NEVER.
Also lets see PSUs recent history ace.

yodabear
12-04-2006, 08:22 PM

SInce 1996:

Also lets see PSUs recent history ace.

I believe he isn't Scorchin, I think he is Mark May.

1. He says every negative thing possible about Michigan.
2. He loves USC and Florida.

I seriosly hate him and the douche in the SEC championship game. Which both said, lets face it, Michigan is a 2nd place football team. And this is my opinion. Yes, we are a second place football team, to the team that is #1 in the nation. It is my belief any other conference, we are a 1st place football team. And that includes the GODLY SEC.

danman253
12-04-2006, 08:22 PM
All the trojans had to do was win, that's it, they screwed it up. I don't think that happens again. Unlike Michigan, SC had the fate in their hands and was outplayed by a hungry UCLA team.Yeah and michigan didn't right? I mean, had they beat OSU they would have gone to the NC, but according to you they may have been screwed out of it. Good Call ROck Jock :roll:

12-04-2006, 08:23 PM

SInce 1996:

Also lets see PSUs recent history ace. And your impressed at being .500? I guess if I'm never right neither are you. Seems to me in the last 10 years I was right half the time. If you want let's go back 100 years. Give me a break, you are ridiculous. Funny how you guys bring up PSU and thier recent history. They were ranked #3 at the end of last season. Also Joe Pa has won more bowl games than any other coach. Until your great Michigan team who always gets "screwed" can boast that, I don't think there is anything to talk about.

danman253
12-04-2006, 08:25 PM
I never said we were good, you said we were always unprepared which we aren't, i proved you wrong, and you are acting liek a baby

danman253
12-04-2006, 08:26 PM
The only thing that possibly would worry me is our record in the rose bowl (8-11) and against USC in the Rose Bowl (2-5). But different team, different year.

12-04-2006, 08:31 PM
I never said we were good, you said we were always unprepared which we aren't, i proved you wrong, and you are acting liek a baby I'm not crying like a little girl over this whole thing. You keep bringing up PSU which has nothing to do with this topic. You keep going on about how your team is so prepared. Losing 3 bowls in a row and having a losing record in big games is unprepared. Then again I'm not politically correct either, so I guess losing is okay to do in your world as long as you can whine and cry about it. Instead of trying to put people down for thier opinion, try to see what is going on in the world of football that would make them make thier predictions. I don't like either team, just hope for a good game and think USC will win because they have a better coach. How is that a terrible thing to say?

snuff
12-04-2006, 08:41 PM
I never said we were good, you said we were always unprepared which we aren't, i proved you wrong, and you are acting liek a baby I'm not crying like a little girl over this whole thing. You keep bringing up PSU which has nothing to do with this topic. You keep going on about how your team is so prepared. Losing 3 bowls in a row and having a losing record in big games is unprepared. Then again I'm not politically correct either, so I guess losing is okay to do in your world as long as you can whine and cry about it. Instead of trying to put people down for thier opinion, try to see what is going on in the world of football that would make them make thier predictions. I don't like either team, just hope for a good game and think USC will win because they have a better coach. How is that a terrible thing to say? Unprepared? I will give you that vs Nebraska, but come one... They lost by 3 vs UT on the final play in which Vince Young had an amazing game, and in 2003 they lost to the NC and one of the best teams ever...

Pete Carrol is such a good coach he couldn't use his 20 5-star recruits to beat 2 teams with 1-3... He is just amazing at developing talent and a great game coach!

NickBam
12-04-2006, 08:59 PM
Michigan 31
USC 20

RockJock07
12-04-2006, 09:17 PM
Who cares about PSU? This is a rose bowl topic, not some discussion about a crappy ass team with a coach that has one foot in the ground.

soybean
12-04-2006, 09:43 PM
srv fan, thanks.

but you other guys, this is exactly what im talking about. Once USC or Michigan wins, one of you guys or a lot of you guys will look stupid.

and rockjock, cmon man that last comment was uncalled for.

RWFender1
12-04-2006, 10:01 PM
Ellway - SC should definately get the slant pass to Jarrett going. If Michigan's D-line starts bringing pressure similar to UCLA, all Booty has to do is either go with the Jarrett slant pass or throw a little screen pass off to Gable or Moody and let him cut up the side line...that should work for a good 6 or 7 yards at least. Things like this should open up Michigan's defense for USC to hit them with big passes to Smith

RWFender1
12-04-2006, 10:07 PM
One thing I want to know is why do I never see USC come out in shotgun formation?

elway777
Ellway - SC should definately get the slant pass to Jarrett going. If Michigan's D-line starts bringing pressure similar to UCLA, all Booty has to do is either go with the Jarrett slant pass or throw a little screen pass off to Gable or Moody and let him cut up the side line...that should work for a good 6 or 7 yards at least. Things like this should open up Michigan's defense for USC to hit them with big passes to Smith

Is Moody playing?I swear if he fumbles that pigskin....

Plus USC needs to have atleast 3 plays of more than 20 yards on offense IMO to win this game.

TIP
Who cares about PSU? This is a rose bowl topic, not some discussion about a crappy ass team with a coach that has one foot in the ground.
Talk about ignorance...this coming from the fan who "doesn't have a fav. team. This just in IOWA SUCKS, PSU won the big ten last year, and Joe Pa is the greatest coach ever. Please never post again.

RWFender1
12-04-2006, 10:14 PM
Im almost sure Moody will be ready to roll for the Rose Bowl...he was supposed to have played at UCLA but I guess he wasnt quite there. He was at practice last week though, so thats a good sign. He should be completely healthy come the Rose bowl.

Hasn't he only fumbled in one game? I can only remember him fumbling against Washington and Booty recovered his fumble

elway777
12-04-2006, 10:18 PM
Im almost sure Moody will be ready to roll for the Rose Bowl...he was supposed to have played at UCLA but I guess he wasnt quite there. He was at practice last week though, so thats a good sign. He should be completely healthy come the Rose bowl.

Hasn't he only fumbled in one game? I can only remember him fumbling against Washington and Booty recovered his fumble

The way he carries the ball so regardless makes him fumble prone,its been his problem all through summer camp.

RWFender1
12-04-2006, 10:20 PM
yeah, I can see that. i have heard he fumbles more often in practices than games too. at the same time though i think he has big play making potential as well

P-L
12-04-2006, 10:33 PM
Carroll's bowl record speaks for itself and so does Carr's, but the other way around.

Your right. And Pete Carroll's bowl record is speaking to me now. It's telling me that Carroll is a jsut 3-2, which is only a slightly better percentage than Carr. Oh, and USC was favored in all 5 of their bowl games...

RockJock07
12-04-2006, 10:43 PM
Um, I go to school In Iowa, iI don't go to Iowa in Iowa city. This just in, there are more schools in Iowa then just Iowa and Iowa state.

however, with that said, that Joe pa comment was alittle blunt, so i'm sorry for that, but i still don't wanna hear about a crappy PSU team.

snuff
12-04-2006, 10:46 PM
Um, I go to school In Iowa, iI don't go to Iowa in Iowa city. This just in, there are more schools in Iowa then just Iowa and Iowa state.
Really? I guess that explains your education.

AlexDown
12-04-2006, 10:49 PM
Interesting read.

http://www.chambanajam.org/MichiganSnub.htm

yodabear
12-04-2006, 10:52 PM
Interesting read.

Dumbass Florida fans in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1...........

RWFender1
12-04-2006, 11:16 PM
Elway, where do you think Mark Tyler will be in the depth chart next year?

RWFender1
12-04-2006, 11:17 PM
Also, did Stafon Johnson red shirt this year? What's his story?

soybean
12-04-2006, 11:27 PM
Also, did Stafon Johnson red shirt this year? What's his story?

i think carroll just didnt play him. I saw him in one play this year and that was against stanford. he just took a fake to the left while sanchez bootlegged out and got a td. And as for marc tyler, he'll have to red shirt because i think some or one of these rbs are gonna transfer. Im really not a fan of washington, i hope he leaves for the nfl and becomes like a 7th round pick or something so usc can use the other guys.

RockJock07
12-04-2006, 11:36 PM
AlexDown wrote:
Interesting read.

I have a couple of problems with this article.

1. Yes, that CBS broadcast was completely unprofessional, they should have said those things after the game was over

2. Urban Meyer wanted a playoff when he was at Utah, not just this season, so that paragraph is inaccurate.

3. Urban Meyer back his team publicly, what's wrong with that? He NEVER SLAMED MICHIGAN AT ALL. He stuck his neck out their for his guys, you have to respect that. Meyer was brought to Florida to get back to the NC, he didn't pussyfoot around, he did what he had to do for his team.

4. I could care less what happened in 1996, that has nothing to do with this year. This year it came down to 3 teams going for a spot in the NC game. Nebraska was beat in 96 in the Big 12 CG an was #3, if they win maybe they play for the championship.

yodabear
12-04-2006, 11:42 PM
AlexDown wrote:
Interesting read.

I have a couple of problems with this article.

1. Yes, that CBS broadcast was completely unprofessional, they should have said those things after the game was over

2. Urban Meyer wanted a playoff when he was at Utah, not just this season, so that paragraph is inaccurate.

3. Urban Meyer back his team publicly, what's wrong with that? He NEVER SLAMED MICHIGAN AT ALL. He stuck his neck out their for his guys, you have to respect that. Meyer was brought to Florida to get back to the NC, he didn't pussyfoot around, he did what he had to do for his team.

4. I could care less what happened in 1996, that has nothing to do with this year. This year it came down to 3 teams going for a spot in the NC game. Nebraska was beat in 96 in the Big 12 CG an was #3, if they win maybe they play for the championship.

I have no problem with what Urban did. He knew what he needed to do, and prolly got Florida quite a few votes. I'm not saying thats a bad thing. And Urban is still a class act and is still saying there needs to be a better system even after his team got in the game. I really get mad when people say Urban was being a whiner, he wasn't and he is still is saying the same thing as he was before the ruling came out. And then, he cleared the air that he respects Michigan, and that he was just saying what most of the coaches and Harris poll voters thought. So I say Urban is one hell of a coach and I don't mind at all what he did.

TIP
12-04-2006, 11:43 PM

however, with that said, that Joe pa comment was alittle blunt, so i'm sorry for that, but i still don't wanna hear about a crappy PSU team.Fine, that was scorchin

But how is PSU crappy

They have a top ten defense in the country. THey lost all their games this year to teams that are in the top ten now. 3 of them to teams in the top five at the time, and now in the top 6. They gave up 14 offensive points to OSU, gave them fits all day on defense. Michigan they lost by 7, nearly pulling an upset. ND was just a bad game. It was early in the year, Puz was recovering and the team wsa still building chemistry. And vs. Wisconsin, they were in it to the end, had morelli not ****** up and thrown a pick in the endzone, they could've won. To say they are crappy is completely ignorant. BUt you are right, this is not about them, so there will be no more talk of them

RockJock07
12-04-2006, 11:54 PM
Sorry TIP, I was just pissed that Snuff can't stop acting like a d-bag.

yodabear
12-04-2006, 11:57 PM
See what the BCS does boys, girls, and Johnathan_Vilma....it gets people cursing each other out and its like WWIII, not healthy.

RWFender1
12-04-2006, 11:59 PM
I heard Washington was actually ranked lower than Reggie but higher than Lendale coming into college. What don't you like about him? I have mixed feelings about him because sometimes he kicks ass and other times he can't even convert on a 4th and 1. Plus it seems like the guy is always injured. He has had some good carries this season though.

I would like to see a few more carries out of Allen Bradford..i thought he was supposed to start at fullback last weekend?

If anyone left, who do you see transfering most likely?

snuff
12-05-2006, 12:01 AM
Sorry TIP, I was just pissed that Snuff can't stop acting like a d-bag. :cry: My job is complete.

TIP
12-05-2006, 12:04 AM
It's allright, a lot of michigan fans piss me off too. I understand where you are coming from

yodabear
12-05-2006, 12:06 AM
It's allright, a lot of michigan fans piss me off too. I understand where you are coming from

Sorry, we are compassionate fans and think our team should be playing for a champinship.

TIP
12-05-2006, 12:09 AM

Sorry, we are compassionate fans and think our team should be playing for a champinship.

Not you yoda...I said a lot, but all. I'm sure you know the type of fans I'm talking about

yodabear
12-05-2006, 12:11 AM

Not you yoda...I said a lot, but all. I'm sure you know the type of fans I'm talking about

Yeah, I know.....but the others are being compassionate as well and think we should be playing Ohio St. on January 8th....

snuff
12-05-2006, 12:11 AM

Not you yoda...I said a lot, but all. I'm sure you know the type of fans I'm talking aboutME?!?!?

yodabear
12-05-2006, 12:13 AM

Not you yoda...I said a lot, but all. I'm sure you know the type of fans I'm talking aboutME?!?!?

Well, u maybe one of them, but I'm guessing the main one he is looking at starts with a D and ends in a N.

danman253
12-05-2006, 12:18 AM

Well, u maybe one of them, but I'm guessing the main one he is looking at starts with a D and ends in a N.

:D

btw, my name ends in a 3 :lol:

TIP
12-05-2006, 12:18 AM

actually no, you at least present stats to back up your claims, you can be a prick though.

TIP
12-05-2006, 12:19 AM

Danman is one of them, mostly cuz he won't shut up, jerkstore :D .

But no, he's not the worst

danman253
12-05-2006, 12:21 AM

Penn State Sucks :D :wink:

yodabear
12-05-2006, 12:22 AM

Whatever, u r a Hawks fan, 253 is a number....

danman253
12-05-2006, 12:25 AM

Josh Brown :D

TIP
12-05-2006, 12:25 AM

You like that super bowl last year? :D

yodabear
12-05-2006, 12:26 AM

Josh Brown :D

That was way out of line, cuz he ruins dreams and eats children. Its his fault that the Wolverines aren't in the NC. Well, actually its some moron from Arkansas named Fish, but W/E.

danman253
12-05-2006, 12:26 AM

Not as much as Penn State-Michigan last year

yourfavestoner
12-05-2006, 12:27 AM
I could see Allen Bradford transferring.

danman253
12-05-2006, 12:28 AM
Stafon I gotta believe will be transferring too. He'll never see the field.

TIP
12-05-2006, 12:30 AM

Not as much as Penn State-Michigan last year

Whatever, we still got a BCS Bowl win and a Big 10 championship, so I'm not mad

RWFender1
12-05-2006, 12:33 AM
I hope Bradford doesn't leave..after Chauncey leaves we are going to need a power rb. We will have Moody and Gable for speed. I gotta see some highlights from Marc Tyler...

soybean
12-05-2006, 12:37 AM

that's what i was thinking. they have got to stop offering scholarships to every rb in california. unless those guys are serious about getting an education SC should let them actually have a chance to play, if not at USC then so be it.

danman253
12-05-2006, 12:39 AM

that's what i was thinking. they have got to stop offering scholarships to every rb in california. unless those guys are serious about getting an education SC should let them actually have a chance to play, if not at USC then so be it.
I mean if Chauncey stays he's still 4th on the depth chart. With Tyler coming in he won't play at all. He needs to transfer

VoteLynnSwan
12-05-2006, 01:35 AM
I like USC... but i think Michigan will win this game by a fairly large margin... USC is just too young a team, it's just not their year...

It is pretty scary though that USC can put together such great teams year after year after year... I guess it doesn't hurt that there isn't a better place to go to college than Los Angeles.

MagnumGator
12-05-2006, 07:26 AM
Carroll's bowl record speaks for itself and so does Carr's, but the other way around.

Your right. And Pete Carroll's bowl record is speaking to me now. It's telling me that Carroll is a jsut 3-2, which is only a slightly better percentage than Carr. Oh, and USC was favored in all 5 of their bowl games...The first loss was with the remnants of Paul Hackett's team. Carroll was still building. The second loss was a tight game in which arguably the best player in the country took over. You can't say the Trojans weren't prepared. The three wins were absolutely dominating performances. And it's "you're".

Mr. Stiller
12-05-2006, 07:49 AM
I may be going nuts but I don't see Hall doing well against Jarrett.. I think If Booty keeps his composure and that defense can pressure Henne... with the speed on Defense, USC could end up pulling this one off.

TIP
12-05-2006, 10:22 AM
I may be going nuts but I don't see Hall doing well against Jarrett.. I think If Booty keeps his composure and that defense can pressure Henne... with the speed on Defense, USC could end up pulling this one off.
Hall vs. Jarret should be interesting. Key is Booty keeping his composure, something he can't and won't do against the best defense

TIP
12-05-2006, 10:25 AM

Your right. And Pete Carroll's bowl record is speaking to me now. It's telling me that Carroll is a jsut 3-2, which is only a slightly better percentage than Carr. Oh, and USC was favored in all 5 of their bowl games...The first loss was with the remnants of Paul Hackett's team. Carroll was still building. The second loss was a tight game in which arguably the best player in the country took over. You can't say the Trojans weren't prepared. The three wins were absolutely dominating performances. And it's "you're".

What does that have to do with anything? Stick the freaking topic. Unless they're cleveland31, no need to call out minor grammatical errors. Also, P-L is right, Carroll may have had hacketts team, but he still did not win. carr is 5-5 in the last ten years. So to say Carroll is much more better than carr is a lame argument. But since you are biased against the big ten, I shouldn't be taking what you say all too seriously.

danman253
12-05-2006, 10:31 AM
I may be going nuts but I don't see Hall doing well against Jarrett.. I think If Booty keeps his composure and that defense can pressure Henne... with the speed on Defense, USC could end up pulling this one off.I have to disagree by a huge bit. I think he can shut him down. The only guy who beat up Hall was Ginn, who has blazing speed. Lets face it, Jarrett does not have that. Also u could argue jarrett is 6'5. Well James Hardy was 6'7, and Hall destroyed him. I really, really thin kHall could limit Jarrett.

danman253
12-05-2006, 10:32 AM

Way to ruin a good post by being an ass.

MagnumGator
12-05-2006, 10:35 AM

What does that have to do with anything? Stick the freaking topic. Unless they're cleveland31, no need to call out minor grammatical errors. Also, P-L is right, Carroll may have had hacketts team, but he still did not in. carr is 5-5 in the last ten years. So to say Carroll is much more better than carr is a lame argument. But since you are biased against the big ten, I shouldn't be taking what you say all too seriously.Yes, 2 days of controversy has clouded 10 years of watching college football. Clearly I can't have an opinion, only my bias. I really can't believe people are saying Carroll is not clearly a better big game coach than Carr. Half of Michigan's fan base has wanted him fired at various points the last 5 years.

danman253
12-05-2006, 10:39 AM

What does that have to do with anything? Stick the freaking topic. Unless they're cleveland31, no need to call out minor grammatical errors. Also, P-L is right, Carroll may have had hacketts team, but he still did not in. carr is 5-5 in the last ten years. So to say Carroll is much more better than carr is a lame argument. But since you are biased against the big ten, I shouldn't be taking what you say all too seriously.Yes, 2 days of controversy has clouded 10 years of watching college football. Clearly I can't have an opinion, only my bias. I really can't believe people are saying Carroll is not clearly a better big game coach than Carr. Half of Michigan's fan base has wanted him fired at various points the last 5 years.

Yeah, Carr was not preparing his team for the national title in 1997, or vs. OSU 3 years ago, or the Orange bowl in 1999, or @PSU in 1997 when PSU was number 1.

Yep, he can't prepare teams...

TIP
12-05-2006, 10:39 AM

Because Michigan fans are morons who expect a national championship every year. Carroll is a better coach, but you are implying carr is a fool who never has his team prepared, when carrolls bowl record is only slightly better.

MagnumGator
12-05-2006, 10:46 AM
Sometimes you decide things with your eyes rather than numbers. Everyone is convinced Ohio State's offense is light years better than Florida's yet they gain 10 more yards per game.

MagnumGator
12-05-2006, 12:21 PM
From College Football News today:

5. The 400-pound gorilla is wearing burnt orange
Fine, I’ll bring it up … the spotlight is back on Mack Brown. When one of the five most talented teams in America plays in the Alamo Bowl after gagging away the Big 12 South, the pressure is back on. If the Longhorns lose to Iowa, it might then be back to the pre-Vince days when Texas was known as the million dollar program with the ten-cent big-game head. Ask Lloyd Carr, Phil Fulmer and Larry Coker how much time a national title buys you before criticism kicks in.

http://cfn.scout.com/2/597727.html

RWFender1
12-05-2006, 12:28 PM
If all starts to shut down Jarrett, Booty will just look at Steve Smith or Patrick Turner. Jarrett might not be as fast as Ginn but he could make catches that Ginn could never make.

RWFender1
12-05-2006, 12:28 PM
sorry, I mean to say if HALL shuts down Jarrett...

BrownsTown
12-05-2006, 12:53 PM
Michigan in a blowout.

danman253
12-05-2006, 01:14 PM
If all starts to shut down Jarrett, Booty will just look at Steve Smith or Patrick Turner. Jarrett might not be as fast as Ginn but he could make catches that Ginn could never make.Too bad he won't have enough time to get the ball off

TIP
12-05-2006, 01:19 PM
From College Football News today:

5. The 400-pound gorilla is wearing burnt orange
Fine, I’ll bring it up … the spotlight is back on Mack Brown. When one of the five most talented teams in America plays in the Alamo Bowl after gagging away the Big 12 South, the pressure is back on. If the Longhorns lose to Iowa, it might then be back to the pre-Vince days when Texas was known as the million dollar program with the ten-cent big-game head. Ask Lloyd Carr, Phil Fulmer and Larry Coker how much time a national title buys you before criticism kicks in.

http://cfn.scout.com/2/597727.html

once again, dumbass fans and boosters who expect a national title every year

RWFender1
12-05-2006, 01:41 PM
I bet we have a faster defense than Michigan I think it will be Henne who is being pressured...I think Hart will also have a hard time rushing against our linebackers

TIP
12-05-2006, 01:42 PM
I bet we have a faster defense than Michigan I think it will be Henne who is being pressured...I think Hart will also have a hard time rushing against our linebackers

Yea, but michigan has a good oline, you just got owned by UCLA.

RWFender1
If you think they are going to mimick what UCLA did too you got another thing coming because Pete would never allow that to happen twice

RWFender1
see above

RWFender1
12-05-2006, 01:44 PM
we too have a good O-line and its full of all Americans but we had injuries and they were having a bad day...they wont make those mistakes again, Carroll will be drilling the heck out of them

IrishBrowns
12-05-2006, 01:48 PM
great game, I have to go with Michigan as I think they are the better team

BUT...its hard to pick against USC, because it seems impossible for them to lose 2 games in a row, but Ill go with Michigan

its gonna be a great game

danman253
12-05-2006, 01:55 PM

You must've missed the OSU game, where we faced a better DL and he was not pressured. Also Henne rarely makes mistakes. Nice try.

Also Hart had a real hard time rushig for 100+ at Penn State, a better defense than OSU. Also almost got 150 vs. USC. Hart will get over 100 yards. Guaranteed.

danman253
12-05-2006, 01:56 PM
we too have a good O-line and its full of all Americans but we had injuries and they were having a bad day...they wont make those mistakes again, Carroll will be drilling the heck out of them

Its not as good as ohio States, who Woodley got in on smith all day. If you think that Michigan will not get pressure, think again.

RWFender1
12-05-2006, 02:25 PM
yeah, I did see the Ohio State game. why are you using that as a reference when you lost that game?

RWFender1
12-05-2006, 02:26 PM
I am not saying they wont have any pressure but you are wrong if you dont think Ray Malauga isn't gonna try and lay a big hit on Henne too

RWFender1
12-05-2006, 02:28 PM
I think Hart will have a hard time trying to breach the century mark[/i]

RockJock07
12-05-2006, 02:48 PM
I think both Running games will be shut down, SC NEEDS JDB to have a solid game. Henne can have some room for error because of Hart.

RWFender1
12-05-2006, 03:01 PM
I think if Chauncey is healthy he can plow his way through the Michigan defense to pick up a few yards here are there. This game definately will be pass heavy.

danman253
12-05-2006, 03:05 PM
I think if Chauncey is healthy he can plow his way through the Michigan defense to pick up a few yards here are there. This game definately will be pass heavy.Thats wishful thinking, considering Michigan has held better backs to horrible yardage (Tony hunt, Darius Walker, Albert Young, PJ Hill)

danman253
12-05-2006, 03:06 PM
yeah, I did see the Ohio State game. why are you using that as a reference when you lost that game?
Because the poitn is still vlaid. IF Smith was a pocket passer and has no poise Woodley gets 3 sacks that game. Botty is a pocket passer and does not have poise.

danman253
12-05-2006, 03:07 PM
I think Hart will have a hard time trying to breach the century mark[/i]How so? He has been held to under 100 yards just twice this year vs. Wisconsin a great defense, and Northwestern, where he sat the 4th quarter

soybean
12-05-2006, 03:17 PM
mike hart has heart.

RockJock07
12-05-2006, 03:20 PM
hey DM, I was just checking rivals.com, Michigan has this kid Mallett from Tx, QB,coming in. He's 6-7 235, what are his plans for next season, redshirt?

P-L
12-05-2006, 03:26 PM
hey DM, I was just checking rivals.com, Michigan has this kid Mallett from Tx, QB,coming in. He's 6-7 235, what are his plans for next season, redshirt?

It's possible, but I don't think they redshirt him. Michigan has horrible depth at QB. Next year the top two backups will be Jason Forcier and David Cone, both of whom leave much to be desired. I'd expect Mallett to be on the team next year, because if Henne goes down, Michigan is screwed.

RWFender1
12-05-2006, 03:31 PM
You think Darius Walker is better than Washington? The thing is, Chauncey is probably stronger than most of those backs you listed...the guy is a bulldozer. I don't think its wishful thinking at all

snuff
12-05-2006, 03:44 PM

It's possible, but I don't think they redshirt him. Michigan has horrible depth at QB. Next year the top two backups will be Jason Forcier and David Cone, both of whom leave much to be desired. I'd expect Mallett to be on the team next year, because if Henne goes down, Michigan is screwed. He will redshirt, unless Henne leaves. You can take a redshirt off anytime so there is no reason to not redshirt him. He is coming this month also.

P-L
12-05-2006, 03:48 PM

It's possible, but I don't think they redshirt him. Michigan has horrible depth at QB. Next year the top two backups will be Jason Forcier and David Cone, both of whom leave much to be desired. I'd expect Mallett to be on the team next year, because if Henne goes down, Michigan is screwed. He will redshirt, unless Henne leaves. You can take a redshirt off anytime so there is no reason to not redshirt him. He is coming this month also.

I forgot about being able to take off the redshirt. You bring up a good point.

snuff
12-05-2006, 04:05 PM

I forgot about being able to take off the redshirt. You bring up a good point.Actually he might not. He will probably get some time vs the directional Michigan's.

danman253
12-05-2006, 06:24 PM

Maybe but i doubt it. Our Backups are not very good, and if Henne goes down we need him. Also It would be good to get some reps when we are blowin teams out and we put in our backups. Of course he could RS and then use it up if henne goes down

danman253
12-05-2006, 06:26 PM
You think Darius Walker is better than Washington? The thing is, Chauncey is probably stronger than most of those backs you listed...the guy is a bulldozer. I don't think its wishful thinking at all

Yes i do. In fact all those guys are better.

RWFender1
12-05-2006, 07:46 PM
fascinating opinon...

RWFender1
12-05-2006, 07:48 PM
just out of curiousity danman, who do you actually think is USC's best runningback?

snuff
12-05-2006, 07:48 PM
just out of curiousity danman, who do you actually think is USC's best runningback?CJ Gable.

RWFender1
12-05-2006, 07:49 PM
that's a nice pick

danman253
12-05-2006, 08:11 PM
just out of curiousity danman, who do you actually think is USC's best runningback?
Gable

srv fan
12-05-2006, 11:21 PM
RWFender1, I'm trying to be a kinder gentler poster, but stop post whoring- instead of making 4 one-line posts in a row, maybe condense your thoughts a little and save Scott some bandwidth so we can keep using this site for free?

Not that its really relevant to the larger game, but Chauncey Washington is absolutely not stronger than PJ Hill, Tony Hunt, Jehuu Caulcrick or any other of the power backs we shut down.

GoBlue! 08
12-11-2006, 01:54 PM
michigan- 31
USC- 13

usc lost to ucla, who had a very fast and agressive defense.
just like michigan does, plus michigan has a MUCH better offense than ucla.

IT WONT BE CLOSE

MagnumGator
12-11-2006, 03:04 PM
michigan- 31
USC- 13

IT WONT BE CLOSE

Carr has only won one bowl game by more than 10 points. You really think this year is going to be significantly different?

bigmac076
12-11-2006, 05:15 PM
michigan- 31
USC- 13

IT WONT BE CLOSE

Carr has only won one bowl game by more than 10 points. You really think this year is going to be significantly different?

This is one of Carr's best teams, I think its possible for it to be a blow out.

Michigan 31
USC 17

Mike Hart: 27 att 155 yds 2 TDs
Michigan D: 6 sacks, 2 INTs
Steve Breaston: will get a PR TD

soybean
12-11-2006, 05:38 PM
michigan- 31
USC- 13

IT WONT BE CLOSE

Michigan 31
USC 17

how bout 20 sacks 7 ints! mike hart 300 yds 8 att 5 tds!

:roll:

snuff
12-11-2006, 06:10 PM
michigan- 31
USC- 13

IT WONT BE CLOSE

Michigan 31
USC 17

:roll:You really don't think Mike Hart could rush for 155 yards? Or Michigan could get six sacks?

Hart has over 90 yards every game this season. 142 vs tOSU.

Michigan may not get 6 sacks, but they will be in the backfield all day, as they were with tOSU.

danman253
12-11-2006, 06:11 PM
michigan- 31
USC- 13

IT WONT BE CLOSE

Michigan 31
USC 17

:roll:
Dude those were realiztic numbers :?

soybean
12-11-2006, 09:01 PM
I was just trying to make fun of the homerism. Anyways, i believe it is possible for mike hart to get 155 yards. but 6 sacks and 2 ints? :shock:

i know you guys are gonna say "USC's O-line sucks, UCLA killed them and Michigan has a way better Dline than UCLA" but 6 sacks? you really think usc's line is gonna give up 6 sacks?

And 31-17? That means USC's secondary is as bad as notre dame's. And even though Michigan's offense is better than USC's, you cant honestly think pete carroll is gonna get blown out with a month to prepare. Michigan by a touchdown? maybe. Michigan by a touchdown and a fg? maybe. michigan in a blow out? cmon.

snuff
12-11-2006, 09:19 PM
I was just trying to make fun of the homerism. Anyways, i believe it is possible for mike hart to get 155 yards. but 6 sacks and 2 ints? :shock:

i know you guys are gonna say "USC's O-line sucks, UCLA killed them and Michigan has a way better Dline than UCLA" but 6 sacks? you really think usc's line is gonna give up 6 sacks?

And 31-17? That means USC's secondary is as bad as notre dame's. And even though Michigan's offense is better than USC's, you cant honestly think pete carroll is gonna get blown out with a month to prepare. Michigan by a touchdown? maybe. Michigan by a touchdown and a fg? maybe. michigan in a blow out? cmon.So you could see 10 points as a maybe, but 14 is unrealistic?

danman253
12-11-2006, 11:13 PM

And 31-17? That means USC's secondary is as bad as notre dame's. And even though Michigan's offense is better than USC's, you cant honestly think pete carroll is gonna get blown out with a month to prepare. Michigan by a touchdown? maybe. Michigan by a touchdown and a fg? maybe. michigan in a blow out? cmon.I do not buy a blowout but i think two scores is not out of the question. 6 sacks may be much but 2 ints may not be.

soybean
12-12-2006, 01:02 AM

And 31-17? That means USC's secondary is as bad as notre dame's. And even though Michigan's offense is better than USC's, you cant honestly think pete carroll is gonna get blown out with a month to prepare. Michigan by a touchdown? maybe. Michigan by a touchdown and a fg? maybe. michigan in a blow out? cmon.So you could see 10 points as a maybe, but 14 is unrealistic?

well... yeah... but cmon wouldnt you guys rather see a rose bowl that can match one like last years, where you guys win by a little? rather than be dissapointed at beating an "overrated" opponent? (im not saying USC is overrated im saying, if they get blown out, then people will think that)

snuff
12-12-2006, 01:10 AM
No I want to see Michigan win by 30 so we can cry more about not getting into the NC.

DChess
12-12-2006, 01:26 AM
who the hell cares abt this game, michigan is going to blow them out and michigna sucks

danman253
12-12-2006, 08:27 AM
who the hell cares abt this game, michigan is going to blow them out and michigna sucks
The #2 team sucks?

slightlyaraiderfan
12-12-2006, 01:06 PM
No I want to see Michigan win by 30 so we can cry more about not getting into the NC.
Yeah, I guess the Michigan fans can become the new Auburn fans...i'm tired of their crying now.

BuckeyeNation27
12-12-2006, 02:00 PM
The #2 team sucks?no he said Michigan

danman253
12-12-2006, 02:04 PM

Michigan clearly is the second best team even if the polls do mot show it

BuckeyeNation27
12-12-2006, 02:12 PM

Michigan clearly is the second best team even if the polls do mot show itlighten up sparky, it was a joke.

And I don't know about "clearly", although they were #2 on my ballot.

danman253
12-12-2006, 02:15 PM

Michigan clearly is the second best team even if the polls do mot show itlighten up sparky, it was a joke.

And I don't know about "clearly", although they were #2 on my ballot.whats with the attack? Talk about being rude...

BuckeyeNation27
12-12-2006, 02:21 PM

And I don't know about "clearly", although they were #2 on my ballot.whats with the attack? Talk about being rude...sparky is an attack?

settle down sport.

RWFender1
12-12-2006, 04:05 PM
last time i checked, flordia was the number 2 team in the country...

MagnumGator
12-12-2006, 04:14 PM
last time i checked, flordia was the number 2 team in the country...

Let the fireworks begin. You'll never hear the end of this one.

snuff
12-12-2006, 04:16 PM
last time i checked, flordia was the number 2 team in the country...Must of looked at the wrong poll, as the Vegas poll has Michigan #2 and a 6.5 point favor vs Florida.

soybean
12-12-2006, 04:20 PM
I really dont see why you guys keep saying michigan is "clearly" the second best team in the nation. What makes you guys better than florida? Is it because you guys lost to OSU by 3 points? How do you know how well Florida will do against OSU? what if they lose by 2 points?

RWFender1
12-12-2006, 04:22 PM
its an arrogance and constant denial of realizing they blew their big chance to be number 2 (or #1 for that matter) and cant let go

RWFender1
12-12-2006, 04:25 PM
I mean when you look at how many teams have been ranked number 2 this year why is Michigan any different? I respect the Wolverines a lot but I cant stand hearing all these UM fans going on and on about how they are still better than Florida when they blew their shot...they had a great run, but they aren't number 2

snuff
12-12-2006, 04:32 PM
I mean when you look at how many teams have been ranked number 2 this year why is Michigan any different? I respect the Wolverines a lot but I cant stand hearing all these UM fans going on and on about how they are still better than Florida when they blew their shot...they had a great run, but they aren't number 2 I thought USC was a good school, but you guys seem to be proving me wrong, although that isn't to surprising by the intelligence of the California kids I have met in Arizona. I believe if you actually watched football outside of the Pac-10 you would notice why Michigan is clearly the #2 team, unless you want to bring in the baloney argument that has been used 1000x times about having their chance although if you looked at the rules that clearly isn't one..

slightlyaraiderfan
12-12-2006, 04:36 PM
I mean when you look at how many teams have been ranked number 2 this year why is Michigan any different? I respect the Wolverines a lot but I cant stand hearing all these UM fans going on and on about how they are still better than Florida when they blew their shot...they had a great run, but they aren't number 2 I thought USC was a good school, but you guys seem to be proving me wrong, although that isn't to surprising by the intelligence of the California kids I have met in Arizona. I believe if you actually watched football outside of the Pac-10 you would notice why Michigan is clearly the #2 team, unless you want to bring in the baloney argument that has been used 1000x times about having their chance although if you looked at the rules that clearly isn't one..
http://i.xanga.com/dissidentfrogman/crying-baby.jpg

RWFender1
12-12-2006, 04:36 PM
the arguement isnt that michigan isn't a good team, CLEARLY they are....they are a GREAT team, but they don't deserve to be number 2 and arent. what school do you go to? because they must not be teaching you how to read because Michigan is listed as number 3. you didn't even win your conference and you think Michigan still deserves all the glory

RWFender1
12-12-2006, 04:37 PM
nice one

AlexDown
12-12-2006, 04:57 PM
the arguement isnt that michigan isn't a good team, CLEARLY they are....they are a GREAT team, but they don't deserve to be number 2 and arent. what school do you go to? because they must not be teaching you how to read because Michigan is listed as number 3. you didn't even win your conference and you think Michigan still deserves all the glory

You tend to use a lot of arguments that don't hold any water. Didn't know that was a rule.

RWFender1
12-12-2006, 05:01 PM
well how many chances does Michigan get? give me a break. You don't hear USC fans bitching about how we aren't number 2 and going to the championship when we were only one game away from being there. Its just getting absurd

keylime_5
12-12-2006, 05:02 PM
Michigan is gonna murder them because

a)they're big babies over not getting a rematch
b)revenge over the 2004 meeting
c)they are a much much better team

RWFender1
12-12-2006, 05:04 PM
I would love to see USC deflate Michigan's huge ego

AlexDown
12-12-2006, 05:06 PM
well how many chances does Michigan get? give me a break. You don't hear USC fans bitching about how we aren't number 2 and going to the championship when we were only one game away from being there. Its just getting absurd

Pretty sure you have two losses both to unranked teams. USC fans should not be bitching about not getting into NC.

snuff
12-12-2006, 05:08 PM
I would love to see USC deflate Michigan's huge ego Keylime is a Tosu fan.

RWFender1
12-12-2006, 05:09 PM
Also, everybody is saying how Michigan has this one locked up...do you know how long it has been since USC has lost 2 games in a row??

They have a month to prepare and I think USC will be ready to play. The only reason people are thinking Michigan is going to win is because USC didn't beat UCLA. I hope Michigan comes out thinking they have this game under control so USC can blindside them

AlexDown
12-12-2006, 05:10 PM
Also, everybody is saying how Michigan has this one locked up...do you know how long it has been since USC has lost 2 games in a row??

They have a month to prepare and I think USC will be ready to play. The only reason people are thinking Michigan is going to win is because USC didn't beat UCLA. I hope Michigan comes out thinking they have this game under control so USC can blindside them

All you can do is hope.

RWFender1
12-12-2006, 05:10 PM
well Alexbrown, you didn't do the following:

A. win the big 10
B. beat Ohio State

so where in this equation do you feel Michigan DESERVES to be at the title game?

snuff
12-12-2006, 05:11 PM

They have a month to prepare and I think USC will be ready to play. The only reason people are thinking Michigan is going to win is because USC didn't beat UCLA. I hope Michigan comes out thinking they have this game under control so USC can blindside themI am pretty sure most people thought Michigan would beat USC before the UCLA lost, they just thought USC was good enough to beat UCLA so it wasn't talked about...

RWFender1
12-12-2006, 05:11 PM
haha im gonna have a field day if USC beats Michigan

snuff
12-12-2006, 05:13 PM

A. win the big 10
B. beat Ohio State

so where in this equation do you feel Michigan DESERVES to be at the title game?Some little rule that says the best two teams in the nation should be in the NC game regardless of previous match up and winning the conference? I bet 75% of the people that vote in the lame polls would agree that Michigan is better than Florida, but they just voted Florida because they didn't want a rematch.

haha im gonna have a field day if USC beats MichiganAnd Woodley is going to have a field day with Bootay.

AlexDown
12-12-2006, 05:14 PM

A. win the big 10
B. beat Ohio State

so where in this equation do you feel Michigan DESERVES to be at the title game?

I'll say it again.

A) Show me where that is a rule that a team needs to win their division to play in the NC. Please, go ahead.

B) Michigan did not beat them. We lost by 3 points at their stadium. Take that as you will. I think they deserve to play beacuse I feel that they are the number two team in the country. That is just my opinion based on what I have seen. THe only way we would know that is if Florida played Michigan, which I believe if that happened, Michigan would be a 6 point favor. Again this is all hypothetical, and you won't find many Florida fans wanting to do this either.

RWFender1
12-12-2006, 05:14 PM
Again, what makes Michigan so much better than Florida? Florida played a harder schedule than Michigan as well. Michigan fans are unbelievable

AlexDown
12-12-2006, 05:17 PM
Again, what makes Michigan so much better than Florida? Florida played a harder schedule than Michigan as well. Michigan fans are unbelievable

Did you read anything I just wrote?

snuff
12-12-2006, 05:18 PM
Again, what makes Michigan so much better than Florida? Florida played a harder schedule than Michigan as well. Michigan fans are unbelievableYou would save a lot of time if you just went back a few threads and read all this stupid stuff, but I will give it to you anyway because I know everyone loves to listen to Michigan fans.

Michigan's schedule #3 and Florida's was #1.. HUGE DIFFERENCE?!?!!

Michigan handled every team they played, outside of tOSU.
Florida needed about 40 blocked kicks vs usc.
Florida needed some botched punt vs Arkansas.
Florida needed 10 turn overs from every good team they barely beat.

Michigan lost to the #1 team by 3 at tOSU.
Florida lost to a decent 2 loss team on the road.

RWFender1
12-12-2006, 05:20 PM
hmm..

the SEC - auburn, arkansas, etc...

Michigan only played Ohio State and an overrated Notre Dame team...yeah that sounds even

snuff
12-12-2006, 05:21 PM
hmm..

Michigan only played Ohio State and an overrated Notre Dame team...yeah that sounds evenAnd the #7 team in the nation Wisconsin.

slightlyaraiderfan
12-12-2006, 05:30 PM
hmm..

Michigan only played Ohio State and an overrated Notre Dame team...yeah that sounds evenAnd the #7 team in the nation Wisconsin.
Yeah, a power house. Just look at these teams they beat.

Bowling Green W 35-14
Western Illinois W 34-10
San Diego State W 14-0
(6) Michigan L 13-27
Indiana W 52-17
Northwestern W 41-9
Minnesota W 48-12
Purdue W 24-3
Illinois W 30-24
Penn State W 13-3
Iowa W 24-21
Buffalo W 35-3

snuff
12-12-2006, 05:36 PM
hmm..

Bowling Green W 35-14
Western Illinois W 34-10
San Diego State W 14-0
(6) Michigan L 13-27
Indiana W 52-17
Northwestern W 41-9
Minnesota W 48-12
Purdue W 24-3
Illinois W 30-24
Penn State W 13-3
Iowa W 24-21
Buffalo W 35-3
And look at all the non-conference games the overrated SEC won.

slightlyaraiderfan
12-12-2006, 05:46 PM
hmm..

Bowling Green W 35-14
Western Illinois W 34-10
San Diego State W 14-0
(6) Michigan L 13-27
Indiana W 52-17
Northwestern W 41-9
Minnesota W 48-12
Purdue W 24-3
Illinois W 30-24
Penn State W 13-3
Iowa W 24-21
Buffalo W 35-3
And look at all the non-conference games the overrated SEC won.
You go look at it.

danman253
12-12-2006, 05:56 PM
As for hte number 2 arguement. Look at Michigans game by game perforance conversely against UF. Beside Michigans loss to the bet team i nthe nation, Michigan won every game pretty easily. Its closest game, Ball State, was a 3 score lead at the end of the third quarter.

Florida could have easily lost three games if the SEC knew how to kick field goals...

danman253
12-12-2006, 05:57 PM

A USC fan talking about another teams ego. How ironic....

slightlyaraiderfan
12-12-2006, 06:02 PM
Good one danman, you get upset when someone calls you "sparky" then you call another poster dumb?

MagnumGator
12-12-2006, 06:10 PM

I fully expect it.

dRaFtDoRk
12-12-2006, 06:24 PM
I voted for Michigan. I think they have too many weapons on defense to overpower USC. I'm defenitly looking forward to the Dwayne Jarrett vs. Leon Hall match-ups that will occur that game. I think LaMar Woodley will have a good game coming off the edge and take down JDB a couple times. I also look for Manningham to have a great game.

Final Score

Michigan 31 vs. Southern Cal 21

soybean
12-12-2006, 06:31 PM
Alright, let's put it this way, if tOSU loses to florida, are you michigan fans still gonna complain about not playing in the NC? What if you guys lose to USC, are you guys still gonna complain about not having been able to play in the NC? you guys aren't number 2 the rest of the world has got over it, so should you.

What is it you guys want? a plaque or trophy that says you guys are the 2nd best team in America? How bout instead of letting you guys have a rematch with tOSU, we just give you guys the NC?

RWFender1
12-12-2006, 06:36 PM
the answer to the question is Michigan is going to keep on bitchin' about their position in any scenario because thats what they do best

RWFender1
12-12-2006, 06:37 PM
Also anyone who thinks the Big 10 is harder than the SEC is clearly dillusional, I dont care if some of the SEC teams may have been a little overrated this year the Big 10 was still softer. And you are talking about how dominant Michigan is against teams like Bowling Green and Ball State? Big whoop

smittyjs
12-12-2006, 06:42 PM
Good one danman, you get upset when someone calls you "sparky" then you call another poster dumb? :lol:

P-L
12-12-2006, 10:06 PM
Alright, let's put it this way, if tOSU loses to florida, are you michigan fans still gonna complain about not playing in the NC? What if you guys lose to USC, are you guys still gonna complain about not having been able to play in the NC? you guys aren't number 2 the rest of the world has got over it, so should you.

What is it you guys want? a plaque or trophy that says you guys are the 2nd best team in America? How bout instead of letting you guys have a rematch with tOSU, we just give you guys the NC?

I wanna give Ohio State the trophy and play Florida. That's what I want. Is that good enough for you? And don't for one second act like, if USC beat UCLA but Michigan got in the title game, you wouldn't be bitching. When people don't get what they want, they *****... That's life for you. Don't you dare single us Michigan fans out as the only people who are complaining. Auburn fans bitched in 2004, USC fans bitched in 2003, Oregon fans bitched in 2001, Kansas State fans bitched in 1998, Miami fans bitched in 2000. See a trend? When people don't get what they want, they *****. Get over it. If you don't like bitching, stop acknowledging people who *****.

danman253
12-12-2006, 10:06 PM
Good one danman, you get upset when someone calls you "sparky" then you call another poster dumb?

Irarely listen to you, you hate me so your posts are worthless

danman253
12-12-2006, 10:07 PM
Good one danman, you get upset when someone calls you "sparky" then you call another poster dumb? :lol:

says the guy who thinks putting me in his sig is cool :roll:

danman253
12-12-2006, 10:16 PM
Also anyone who thinks the Big 10 is harder than the SEC is clearly dillusional, I dont care if some of the SEC teams may have been a little overrated this year the Big 10 was still softer. And you are talking about how dominant Michigan is against teams like Bowling Green and Ball State? Big whoop

How about beating ND by 26 on the road, or pasting Wisconsin? That bad?

RWFender1
12-12-2006, 10:16 PM
I am singling Michigan out because they are the ones who are bitching about where they are...if they didn't want to be number 3 they should have beaten Ohio State...simple fact.

Second, you are right I would have been apalled if USC wasn't able to leap Michigan after being a mid season 1 loss team where as Michigan had just lost at the very end of the season and they lost to the same opponent they would have been playing in the title game.

I would be in favor of Michigan going to the title game if Ohio State wasn't going and they lost early than they did......hell, id even slightly consider giving Michigan a rematch had it had been a loss midway or beginning of the season to Ohio State but thats not how it went. They lost their final game (just like USC). Michigan and USC both deserve to be at the Rosebowl in my opinion. Michigan is not some special exception to the rule. thats BS

danman253
12-12-2006, 10:18 PM
RW i doubt you watched Michigan outside of the OSU game. Michigan has been dominant all season, they have not escaped out of games like USC has.

RWFender1
12-12-2006, 10:22 PM
Wrong, I have watched Michigan outside of Ohio State...I havent been watching every single game but I have been following them.

Michigan owed their dominance to a pretty soft schedule. The only real big opponent they faced was Ohio State.

snuff
12-12-2006, 10:22 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/BCSStandings?week=2

BCS poll has Michigan over USC when both were undefeated.

Wrong, I have watched Michigan outside of Ohio State...I havent been watching every single game but I have been following them.

Michigan owed their dominance to a pretty soft schedule. The only real big opponent they faced was Ohio State.And who the hell did you beat?

RWFender1
12-12-2006, 10:24 PM
what the hell does that mean? that was october! this is december...