PDA

View Full Version : National Championship

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

yodabear
12-03-2006, 09:45 PM
Ok, I saw a lot of polls about the other bowls. Whose gonna win? Florida or Ohio St. and after further thought, I like Florida in an upset.

danman253
12-03-2006, 09:46 PM
The homer in me wants florida to beat them, but they won't, won't come close.

The Unseen
Ohio State by 29

snuff
Florida? Is that another one of your lame jokes?

diabsoule
12-03-2006, 09:48 PM
I think it's going to be close. I like Florida slightly more, maybe it's homerism, but I think they could beat Ohio State. It's going to be a good/close game, though.

yodabear
12-03-2006, 09:49 PM
Florida? Is that another one of your lame jokes?

No, but it maybe the alcohol I drank to get over the disappointment of the Wolverines getting snubbed.

4pAc
12-03-2006, 09:49 PM
OSU because Leak will do something stupid

snuff
12-03-2006, 09:50 PM
Someone put this in their sig:

tOSU by 20.

richdg
12-03-2006, 09:51 PM
OSU by at least 17. Florida will turn the ball over, several times. This will offset their good D.

yodabear
12-03-2006, 09:55 PM
In all seriousness

Florida will prolly have more turnovers than points.

Turnovers:Florida 3, Ohio St. 0

Final Score:Ohio St. 35, Florida 2

Thunderstruck
12-03-2006, 09:56 PM
I think the Buckeyes will take care of business again and cap off the season with both a Heisman Trophy and a National Championship.

While Florida has a good defense, it is certainly not better than Michigan's. I don't think the Buckeyes will put up 42 again, but I could see them posting around 30. As for the Florida offense, it is a shame that they do not have a reliable ground game, because it is a chink in Ohio State's armor. The Buckeyes secondary is good enough to handle anything the Gators throw at them. Florida will have trouble moving the ball on them, they'll need the Buckeyes to make some mistakes in order to help them.

When all is said and done, I think the Buckeyes will beat Florida by 10-14 points. However, it will be one of those games where you never actually believed the other team had a legitimate chance to win while watching it.

doingthisinsteadofwork
12-03-2006, 09:56 PM
this isnt even funny OSU.

snuff
12-03-2006, 09:58 PM
Someone break down the positions.

Windy
12-03-2006, 10:00 PM
Missionary

danman253
12-03-2006, 10:00 PM
QB- OSU
RB- OSU
WR- OSU
OL- OSU
DL- OSU
LB- UF
DB- OSU
COACH-OSU

Yeah OSU has got this.

yodabear
12-03-2006, 10:01 PM

QB:OSU
RB:OSU
WR:OSU
TE:OSU
FB:FLA, I gotta give them something
OL:OSU

DL:OSU
LB:OSU, LERONIDUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Secondary:FLA, once again, had to give them something

Advantedge:OSU

snuff
12-03-2006, 10:01 PM
QB- OSU
RB- OSU
WR- OSU
OL- OSU
DL- OSU
LB- UF
DB- OSU
COACH-OSU

Yeah OSU has got this. I hear Florida has SEC SPEED though.

4pAc
12-03-2006, 10:02 PM
If UF wants to have a chance, Harvin will need to get a lot of catches or touches

yodabear
12-03-2006, 10:02 PM
And oh yeah, Tressel is so much better than Meyer.

smittyjs
12-03-2006, 10:04 PM
Gators by three

They will make a FG :shock:

soybean
12-03-2006, 10:05 PM
this game is gonna be as close as oklahoma was 2 years ago.

danman253
12-03-2006, 10:05 PM
QB- OSU
RB- OSU
WR- OSU
OL- OSU
DL- OSU
LB- UF
DB- OSU
COACH-OSU

yeah meatfour and MagnumGator were sure to bring that up last night as to why they could win

yodabear
12-03-2006, 10:07 PM
I like Michigan by 4.

SuperMcGee
12-03-2006, 10:10 PM
Florida will win.

danman253
12-03-2006, 10:11 PM
Florida will win.

Pass that blunt son...

smittyjs
12-03-2006, 10:11 PM
Florida will win.Nice

SuperMcGee
12-03-2006, 10:12 PM
Florida will win.

Pass that blunt son...

::here you go::

snuff
12-03-2006, 10:12 PM
6 votes for the gators? I didn't like there were that many gator fans on this site.

danman253
12-03-2006, 10:13 PM
Florida will win.

Pass that blunt son...

::here you go::I'm hungry, who's got brownies?

bigrick0016
12-03-2006, 10:15 PM
When are you not hungry Danman?

danman253
12-03-2006, 10:16 PM

WHen i'm not high :lol:

bearsfan_51
:lol: :lol: :lol:

TIP
Missionary

draftguru151
12-03-2006, 10:17 PM
OSU-38
Florida-17

That is if OSU lets off after the 3rd quarter. This is so depressing.

SuperMcGee
12-03-2006, 10:18 PM

:lol: On that note, I'm serious about florida, but its no more than a strong feeling

TIP
12-03-2006, 10:18 PM
Gators by three

No, I guarentee that

SEC and field goals don't mix. Everytime I see an SEC team need a FG to win, it goes terribly terribly wrong

danman253
12-03-2006, 10:19 PM
Why is everyone under the impression that I am fat?

bigrick0016
12-03-2006, 10:22 PM

you posted a picture of yourself

SuperMcGee
12-03-2006, 10:23 PM

aren't all seattle fans fat?

Tubby, The Fat Kid, Danman, ...

danman253
12-03-2006, 10:24 PM

you posted a picture of yourselfFrom last year, in my hockey uniform. I weigh 250 and i'm 6'3. I'm nto thin but i'm not fat.

detroit4life
12-03-2006, 10:25 PM
OSU will definitly win this if they can beat michigan they cna beat florida michigan has a better offense and a better defense so after michigan florida isn't a challenge

smittyjs
12-03-2006, 10:32 PM
Gators by three

No, I guarentee that

SEC and field goals don't mix. Everytime I see an SEC team need a FG to win, it goes terribly terribly wrongXP and FG don't go well in the SEC :lol: :(

GB12
12-03-2006, 10:40 PM
38-10 Florida...

No really 42-17 OSU

CMUChipsGuy25
12-03-2006, 10:58 PM
Ohio state by 24, I think they're going to beat down the Gators.

snuff
12-03-2006, 11:53 PM
tOSU is getting -8 right now in Vegas.

TPFKA#1SaintsFan
12-04-2006, 12:05 AM
It'll be a closer game than a lot of you think. OSU wins, though.

I'm gonna say... 31-21, with OSU pulling away late.

killa3312
12-04-2006, 12:18 AM
When has the favorite won the title game lately? I can't even remember. After the 2003 Fiesta Bowl, in which I thought Miami would thoroughly DESTROY Ohio State, I've learned that nothing is ever a certainty. IF they play up to the ability they are capable of, Florida can hang with the Buckeyes. Athletic wise, Florida will be the best team OSU has faced all season, and they have serious speed at the key positions. IMHO, Harvin is the key to this game if Florida wants to have any chance.

I think Ohio State will win, but honestly, Florida keeping it close, or even possibly winning, isn't that out of the question. This wouldn't be the biggest upset I've seen.

yodabear
12-04-2006, 12:19 AM
When has the favorite won the title game lately? I can't even remember. After the 2003 Fiesta Bowl, in which I thought Miami would thoroughly DESTROY Ohio State, I've learned that nothing is ever a certainty. IF they play up to the ability they are capable of, Florida can hang with the Buckeyes. Athletic wise, Florida will be the best team OSU has faced all season, and they have serious speed at the key positions. IMHO, Harvin is the key to this game if Florida wants to have any chance.

I think Ohio State will win, but honestly, Florida keeping it close, or even possibly winning, isn't that out of the question. This wouldn't be the biggest upset I've seen.

Yes, it is.

Ward
12-04-2006, 12:23 AM
Florida!

killa3312
12-04-2006, 12:24 AM

Yes, it is.

No, it's not. And, as I said before, if Florida wins, there will of been bigger upsets (i.e. Miami versus OSU in 2003).

Florida has the talent to hang with OSU, don't kid yourself into thinking they don't.

moc182
12-04-2006, 12:27 AM
I love how Florida matches up with OSU, but it's really hard to trust Chris Leak in a big game. I'd probably lean towards Ohio State in a close game, but i'm not setting that in stone yet.

Shiver
12-04-2006, 01:18 AM
I like Florida, except for QB. Somehow, Smith will find a way to win, Leak will find a way to lose.

keylime_5
12-04-2006, 08:07 AM
Hmmm.....I don't think it'll be that close at all. Florida's defense doesn't really compare to how good UM was and OSU put up 42 on them. I'll give it to Florida that they have 2 great safeties, but the fact that Florida can't run at all will hurt them

Jughead10
12-04-2006, 08:13 AM
I'm just happy Florida made the game. I put money on three teams at the beginning of the year to win the NC. Florida, LSU, and ND. Now I can bet the money line on Ohio State to win the game to hedge my bet and win some decent money no matter what.

MagnumGator
12-04-2006, 08:23 AM
QB- OSU
RB- OSU
WR- OSU
OL- OSU
DL- OSU
LB- UF
DB- OSU
COACH-OSU

yeah meatfour and MagnumGator were sure to bring that up last night as to why they could winShow me where I said anything about SEC speed, pal.

Jughead10
12-04-2006, 08:26 AM
QB- OSU
RB- OSU
WR- OSU
OL- OSU
DL- OSU
LB- UF
DB- OSU
COACH-OSU

yeah meatfour and MagnumGator were sure to bring that up last night as to why they could winShow me where I said anything about SEC speed, pal.

In a sense they are right though. OSU has never seen athletic DEs this year like Florida has.

DeathbyStat
12-04-2006, 08:57 AM
Leak wil throw 3 picks in the first half two for TDs. In the the first half. Meyer will put Tebow in for the second half. Florida makes a late rally but its too little to late. OSU 31 Florida 21.

I'd be shocked if it was this close. Bottom line Leak will lose Florida the game.

danman253
12-04-2006, 09:00 AM

Yes, it is.

No, it's not. And, as I said before, if Florida wins, there will of been bigger upsets (i.e. Miami versus OSU in 2003).

Florida has the talent to hang with OSU, don't kid yourself into thinking they don't.

No they don't. They do not have the defense to keep OSU in check, and do not have a run game which is the only weakness against oSU (ask Mike hart).

killa3312
12-04-2006, 09:07 AM
Florida's defense has kept them in every game this year, it's very good. I'm just saying, after the 2003 Fiesta Bowl, in which I figured OSU had absolutely no shot, I'll never say no team has a chance ever again.

Just don't be surprised if it's a close game, that's all I'm saying. I already said that I expect OSU to win, but by no more than 10.

danman253
12-04-2006, 09:08 AM
Michigan had their defense keep them in every game this year too...

killa3312
12-04-2006, 09:27 AM
Point is, their are no guarantees, no matter how big of a mismatch it looks like. Athletic wise and speed wise, Florida will be the best team OSU faces all season. Nelson is the best safety in the country, and helps mask Reggie Lewis' defficiencies as a corner, and Florida's front 4 is extremely athletic and quick. Any team that can shut down Arkansas' running game, something even LSU couldn't do, gets props from me.

Everything in this game points to a blowout in OSU's favor, which is exactly why I think it won't be. When was the last time that what was suppose to happen, actually happened in a BCS title game?

danman253
12-04-2006, 09:29 AM
Point is, their are no guarantees, no matter how big of a mismatch it looks like. Athletic wise and speed wise, Florida will be the best team OSU faces all season. Nelson is the best safety in the country, and helps mask Reggie Lewis' defficiencies as a corner, and Florida's front 4 is extremely athletic and quick. Any team that can shut down Arkansas' running game, something even LSU couldn't do, gets props from me.

Everything in this game points to a blowout in OSU's favor, which is exactly why I think it won't be. When was the last time that what was suppose to happen, actually happened in a BCS title game?

Ohio State was also unbeaten going into that game. And as good a Nelson may be, Leon Hall, the best CB in the country, got killed by OSU, and Nelson can't be everywhere.

killa3312
12-04-2006, 09:37 AM

Ohio State was also unbeaten going into that game. And as good a Nelson may be, Leon Hall, the best CB in the country, got killed by OSU, and Nelson can't be everywhere.

Florida SHOULD be undefeated, as they outplayed Auburn most of the night, but imploded with mistakes and had some questionable calls go against them.

Ohio State's the best team in the country, of this there should be no argument. For some reason though, I think this will be a close game. Don't ask me why, I just do. One of those hunches I suppose.

Of course, then again, I could be way off :)

keylime_5
12-04-2006, 02:04 PM
In a sense they are right though. OSU has never seen athletic DEs this year like Florida has.

LaMarr woodley, Ken Iwebema, Tim Crowder, Rondell Biggs....try again

danman253
12-04-2006, 02:53 PM

LaMarr woodley, Ken Iwebema, Tim Crowder, Rondell Biggs....try againNot to mention Ray McDonald may not play in that game, or at least not be 100%

snuff
12-04-2006, 03:18 PM
Florida SHOULD be undefeated, as they outplayed Auburn most of the night, but imploded with mistakes and had some questionable calls go against them.
You kid right? Florida should have 2+ loses. 15 turn overs by LSU, Arkansas dropping punts on the 1 and getting rejected punts, and uSC missing 13 FGs.

Shane P. Hallam
12-04-2006, 03:22 PM
OSU should have two losses, against Illinois and Michigan, so they probably will blow it right? You need to get off of that one snuff.

Anyways, I think it's going to be a good game. I'm going to do a write-up next week. It will all consist on getting pressure on the Florida QB, whether Leak or Tebow. Both can be rattled, and we can definitely rattle both. I think their run game is something we can keep more in check than teams like UM and Texas. I'm liking the match-up there. Defensively, I'm not so sure I see a great game for Troy Smith. Reggie Nelson scares me a lot, and I think Tres will switch it up and run the ball hard with Pittman and Beanie.

MagnumGator
12-04-2006, 03:32 PM
QB- OSU
RB- OSU
WR- OSU
OL- OSU
DL- OSU
LB- UF
DB- OSU
COACH-OSU

In a sense they are right though. OSU has never seen athletic DEs this year like Florida has.Well I don't appreciate someone attributing cliche "SEC speed" quotes to me when I uttered no such thoughts on the matter.

snuff
12-04-2006, 03:35 PM
OSU should have two losses, against Illinois and Michigan, so they probably will blow it right? You need to get off of that one snuff.
Yeah, you really proved me wrong by bringing in teams that tOSU easily handled compared to teams that actually outplayed Florida...

Shane P. Hallam
12-04-2006, 03:42 PM
Yeah, you really proved me wrong by bringing in teams that tOSU easily handled compared to teams that actually outplayed Florida...

I'm just saying, it's over, Florida is in the NC. Time to not debate the past but the future.

TIP
12-04-2006, 03:57 PM

LaMarr woodley, Ken Iwebema, Tim Crowder, Rondell Biggs....try againNot to mention Ray McDonald may not play in that game, or at least not be 100%

McDonald will not play, wirte it down.

TIP
12-04-2006, 04:00 PM
[quote=killa3312]Point is, their are no guarantees, no matter how big of a mismatch it looks like. Athletic wise and speed wise, Florida will be the best team OSU faces all season. Nelson is the best safety in the country, and helps mask Reggie Lewis' defficiencies as a corner, and Florida's front 4 is extremely athletic and quick. Any team that can shut down Arkansas' running game, something even LSU couldn't do, gets props from me.

quote]

No they shouldn't. They lost. They made a mental mistake, and it cost them. Thats why the games are played. You can outplay the team all you want, if you make mistakes, you will lose.I'm sick of hearing the excuses. FLorida was beat, they shouldn't and aren't undefeated, get over it.

Jonathan_VIlma
12-04-2006, 04:34 PM

LaMarr woodley, Ken Iwebema, Tim Crowder, Rondell Biggs....try again
Neither Woodley and Crowder are as fast as Harvey or Jarvis Moss off the edge. I can't comment on Rondell Biggs because I've only seen him in the OSU/Michigan game in which he looked slow off the ball.

I love how Michigan is just going to debate for OSU to death so that they feels as if they were robbed. Step back and stop being homers, by looking at the game from an outsiders point of view, and not a whiner.

Florida's safeties over the top, assuming Tony Joiner is good to go, are what is going to stop Ohio State's big play threat.

I think the biggest matchup is going to be Florida's defensive line vs. OSU's offensive line and getting pressure on Troy Smith to force mistakes.

Then it will be Chris Wells/Antonio Pittman vs. Florida's front seven and mainly our linebackers. Crum is good in coverage, but not a great tackler. He really has to seal the edge and bounce things back into Siler and Everett.

srv fan
12-04-2006, 04:56 PM
Hmmmm, I voted for OSU, but I think Florida has a lot better chance than people give them. A couple of things...

- I agree that Reggie Nelson and co. will stop the long passes. Honestly though, its not the long passes that should scare people. How OSU beat Michigan, and what I assume they will try to do somewhat against Florida as well, is exploit the fact that they legitimately go 5 deep at WR, and have a QB who can hit short passes all day. Were I a Florida fan, the image that would scare me is not Ginn running a fly against your best corner with Nelson in help, but Robiskie lining up iso against some nickelback and running a quick slant. OSU can nickle and dime all day- as an added bonus, all the quick passes with a three step drop largely negate the pass rush Florida can bring. I don't know how good your backup corners are, but if you want to win, they better play their asses off.

- I'm not usually a fan of using individual matchups as a way to determine who will win a game, but honestly... the difference between having Troy Smith or having Chris Leak is monstrous. In terms of leadership, composure, and decision making, Smith is in an entirely different league than Leak.

- Desean Wyms needs to play a great game. OSU's run defense is nothing special, and any time you keep their offense off the field is essential. Wyms definately has the talent, but he's underperformed his entire career- he must step up.

- Tim Tebow, as always, is the x factor. Guy could have a biiiig game against OSU's run defense.

I'll write more later... I need dinner.[/b]

Jonathan_VIlma
12-04-2006, 05:09 PM
People also underrate the fact, that we may be the deepest team in college football at receiver. We have six guys that can legitimatley make plays.

Jemalle Cornelius
Cornelius Ingram
Percy Harvin (duel threat)
Dallas Baker
Andre Caldwell
Kestahn Moore (out of the backfield)
Tate Casey (in the redzone)

snuff
12-04-2006, 05:11 PM
People also underrate the fact, that we may be the deepest team in college football at receiver. We have six guys that can legitimatley make plays.

Jemalle Cornelius
Cornelius Ingram
Percy Harvin (duel threat)
Dallas Baker
Andre Caldwell
Kestahn Moore (out of the backfield)
Tate Casey (in the redzone) Whos going to throw it to them?

Shane P. Hallam
12-04-2006, 05:14 PM
Not to be a homer, but I would bet that Ohio State has deeper WRs than Florida :)

killa3312
12-04-2006, 05:16 PM
Michigan fans are more bitter than I originally expected...

1) You got your chance, you didn't capitalize, period. Can anyone tell me the last time, in the history of college football, that a team lost, and didn't drop? Michigan got far too much credit for keeping that game close, when in fact they scored a late TD to make the game close. Had the Buckeyes not turned the ball over left and right, the game wouldn't of even been close.

2) Florida's resume is far more impressive, and those that like to rag on Florida's close wins... well, Michigan didn't exactly light up teams like Minnesota, Iowa, Northwestern, Penn State, and Ball State, who is terrible. South Carolina could, arguably, beat all of those teams.

3) Florida beat 10 bowl teams, Michigan beat 6. Florida played the toughest SOS in the country, Michigan, third. Florida won the best conference in America, Michigan didn't even win theirs (a weak, and down Big 10). Florida's wins over LSU, Arkansas, Tennessee, and Georgia are far more impressive than anything Michigan can muster up. The Wolvies beat one good team, and even that's debatable, as I bet 4-5 SEC teams could beat Notre Dame and their insanely overhyped coach.

I mean, seriously, why should Michigan get two chances at Ohio State, while Florida gets none? Regardless of what your opinion is on who would win a matchup between Florida and Michigan, there's no actual proof the Wolverines would win. If Michigan went out there and got embarrassed by Ohio State in the rematch, the BCS would never hear the end of it for not giving Florida a chance.

Until college football gets a playoff (which will, unfortunately, never happen), there's is no true way to determine a champion. All we can do is guess and speculate.

snuff
12-04-2006, 05:29 PM

1) You got your chance, you didn't capitalize, period. Can anyone tell me the last time, in the history of college football, that a team lost, and didn't drop? Michigan got far too much credit for keeping that game close, when in fact they scored a late TD to make the game close. Had the Buckeyes not turned the ball over left and right, the game wouldn't of even been close.

2) Florida's resume is far more impressive, and those that like to rag on Florida's close wins... well, Michigan didn't exactly light up teams like Minnesota, Iowa, Northwestern, Penn State, and Ball State, who is terrible. South Carolina could, arguably, beat all of those teams.

3) Florida beat 10 bowl teams, Michigan beat 6. Florida played the toughest SOS in the country, Michigan, third. Florida won the best conference in America, Michigan didn't even win theirs (a weak, and down Big 10). Florida's wins over LSU, Arkansas, Tennessee, and Georgia are far more impressive than anything Michigan can muster up. The Wolvies beat one good team, and even that's debatable, as I bet 4-5 SEC teams could beat Notre Dame and their insanely overhyped coach.

I mean, seriously, why should Michigan get two chances at Ohio State, while Florida gets none? Regardless of what your opinion is on who would win a matchup between Florida and Michigan, there's no actual proof the Wolverines would win. If Michigan went out there and got embarrassed by Ohio State in the rematch, the BCS would never hear the end of it for not giving Florida a chance.

Until college football gets a playoff (which will, unfortunately, never happen), there's is no true way to determine a champion. All we can do is guess and speculate.

1. 2004 NC when Oklahoma lost its last game, and conference, but still went.

2. Michigan easily handled all those teams, don't even compare them. Florida stumbled all over the place and needed miracles. Michigan handley dominated every team they played outside of tOSU, yes that include Ball State.

3. Some computer polls claim that Michigan had a harder schedule actually, and I even saw Florida's at #19. The other points were covered in #2, so this is pretty much the same claim.

There is no rule against getting a second chance or not winning your conference... Michigan is considered the #2 team in the nation so they should get the chance. And what do you do if Florida gets destroyed by tOSU and Michigan beats USC? Then you still have a debate on your hands.

AlexDown
12-04-2006, 05:30 PM
The NC game should be the best two college football teams playing against each other. In my opinion, Michigan is better then Florida. However, while I am sure a majority of the country feels this way, we can't really know unless Florida and Michigan played against each other. While this will not happen, I'm not so sure many Florida fans would be eager to do this.

Shane P. Hallam
12-04-2006, 05:33 PM

1. 2004 NC when Oklahoma lost its last game, and conference, but still went.

2. Michigan easily handled all those teams, don't even compare them. Florida stumbled all over the place and needed miracles. Michigan handley dominated every team they played outside of tOSU, yes that include Ball State.

3. Some computer polls claim that Michigan had a harder schedule actually, and I even saw Florida's at #19. The other points were covered in #2, so this is pretty much the same claim.

There is no rule against getting a second chance or not winning your conference... Michigan is considered the #2 team in the nation so they should get the chance. And what do you do if Florida gets destroyed by tOSU and Michigan beats USC? Then you still have a debate on your hands.

I agree with all your points except the end (and the schedule part, but whatev). I may be misinterpreting your statement. Will there a question of who is #2 or who is #1? If OSU crushes Florida and Michigan beats USC, no debate. OSU beat Michigan AND Florida. Plus, Michigan likely would end the season as #2. Basically, if OSU beats Florida by more than 3, and Michigan beats USC, UM will end up #2.

keylime_5
12-04-2006, 05:33 PM
The national championship was November 18 and Michigan lost. Now Florida gets a shot. If you Michigan fans want a NC, then you should've beaten Ohio State. You didn't, so enjoy the Rose Bowl.

AlexDown
12-04-2006, 05:36 PM
The national championship was November 18 and Michigan lost. Now Florida gets a shot. If you Michigan fans want a NC, then you should've beaten Ohio State. You didn't, so enjoy the Rose Bowl.

Thanks for adding to this conversation.

snuff
12-04-2006, 05:37 PM
I agree with all your points except the end (and the schedule part, but whatev). I may be misinterpreting your statement. Will there a question of who is #2 or who is #1? If OSU crushes Florida and Michigan beats USC, no debate. OSU beat Michigan AND Florida. Plus, Michigan likely would end the season as #2. Basically, if OSU beats Florida by more than 3, and Michigan beats USC, UM will end up #2. No, defiantly not what I was saying. I was saying people would just add more ammo to the argument that Michigan should of been playing tOSU.

2004 Michigan lost to USC and stayed also.

killa3312
12-04-2006, 05:42 PM
The point is, Michigan had its chance, now it's Florida's turn. Whether they get blown out or not is irrelevant. There will never be, 100% factual evidence, in any season, who the best team is. Until a playoff is implimented, we're left speculating. Unfortunately, because of the political nature of Bowl games, and the large chunks of cash they haul in, the NCAA will never go to a playoff, at least not in my lifetime.

And yes, Michigan did struggle in some of those games. Ball State came within 5 yards from possibly sending the game into OT... that's struggling. Beating Northwestern 17-3, one of the worst teams in Div 1-A football, is struggling when you're suppose to be a top 2 team. The Big 10 was flat our horrid this season, and the only somewhat impressive win Michigan has is Notre Dame, who is highly overrated. Wisconsin can go as an impressive win too, although it's unknown how good they really are since their OOC schedule stunk and the Big 10 was so awful.

Shane P. Hallam
12-04-2006, 05:43 PM
I agree with all your points except the end (and the schedule part, but whatev). I may be misinterpreting your statement. Will there a question of who is #2 or who is #1? If OSU crushes Florida and Michigan beats USC, no debate. OSU beat Michigan AND Florida. Plus, Michigan likely would end the season as #2. Basically, if OSU beats Florida by more than 3, and Michigan beats USC, UM will end up #2. No, defiantly not what I was saying. I was saying people would just add more ammo to the argument that Michigan should of been playing tOSU.

2004 Michigan lost to USC and stayed also.

My bad then. While I was typing it, I thought I may have been misinterpreting.

yodabear
12-04-2006, 05:44 PM
As a Michigan fan, what pisses me off is Michigan was #2 on 11-18, and then they were hopped on 11-25 by USC and then people said it would be USC-Ohio St. unless USC got upset by UCLA, and then that happened. And then people said if UCLA beat USC, Michigan will play in the NC. What happened to change their mind? While Michigan was watching games, Florida was playing, so people got to see that. And then, few of the humans put Michigan #4, which ****** up the vote. They are at least #3, and then 1 of them even picked Florida #1, silly bastards. Once again, nothing against Florida, the system is screwy.

4pAc
12-04-2006, 05:44 PM
What if UF beats OSU and UM crushes USC

Shane P. Hallam
12-04-2006, 05:45 PM
As a Michigan fan, what pisses me off is Michigan was #2 on 11-18, and then they were hopped on 11-25 by USC and then people said it would be USC-Ohio St. unless USC got upset by UCLA, and then that happened. And then people said if UCLA beat USC, Michigan will play in the NC. What happened to change their mind? While Michigan was watching games, Florida was playing, so people got to see that. And then, few of the humans put Michigan #4, which *********** up the vote. They are at least #3, and then 1 of them even picked Florida #1, silly bastards. Once again, nothing against Florida, the system is screwy.

Another thing for Michigan fans to chew on. What if USC would have won? Would Florida have jumped Michigan then? Nope, not even close. UM would have been #3. How does USC losing change who the 2nd best team is?

snuff
12-04-2006, 05:46 PM
As a Michigan fan, what pisses me off is Michigan was #2 on 11-18, and then they were hopped on 11-25 by USC and then people said it would be USC-Ohio St. unless USC got upset by UCLA, and then that happened. And then people said if UCLA beat USC, Michigan will play in the NC. What happened to change their mind? While Michigan was watching games, Florida was playing, so people got to see that. And then, few of the humans put Michigan #4, which *********** up the vote. They are at least #3, and then 1 of them even picked Florida #1, silly bastards. Once again, nothing against Florida, the system is screwy. A few put Florida #5 though.

Shane P. Hallam
12-04-2006, 05:46 PM
What if UF beats OSU and UM crushes USC

UF would take the Nat. Title. AP could crown UM though. BCS wouldn't split anything.

yodabear
12-04-2006, 05:47 PM
As a Michigan fan, what pisses me off is Michigan was #2 on 11-18, and then they were hopped on 11-25 by USC and then people said it would be USC-Ohio St. unless USC got upset by UCLA, and then that happened. And then people said if UCLA beat USC, Michigan will play in the NC. What happened to change their mind? While Michigan was watching games, Florida was playing, so people got to see that. And then, few of the humans put Michigan #4, which *********** up the vote. They are at least #3, and then 1 of them even picked Florida #1, silly bastards. Once again, nothing against Florida, the system is screwy.

Another thing for Michigan fans to chew on. What if USC would have won? Would Florida have jumped Michigan then? Nope, not even close. UM would have been #3. How does USC losing change who the 2nd best team is?

I never even thought about that......that is a great point. All the #2 votes woulda went to USC and then none of these votes to prevent a rematch.

yodabear
12-04-2006, 05:49 PM
As a Michigan fan, what pisses me off is Michigan was #2 on 11-18, and then they were hopped on 11-25 by USC and then people said it would be USC-Ohio St. unless USC got upset by UCLA, and then that happened. And then people said if UCLA beat USC, Michigan will play in the NC. What happened to change their mind? While Michigan was watching games, Florida was playing, so people got to see that. And then, few of the humans put Michigan #4, which *********** up the vote. They are at least #3, and then 1 of them even picked Florida #1, silly bastards. Once again, nothing against Florida, the system is screwy. A few put Florida #5 though.

Probably a few Michigan homers and then there were prolly more people voting against Michigan to prevent a rematch.

killa3312
12-04-2006, 05:52 PM
Jim Walden, former Washington State coach, put Florida #1... I think.

Boston
12-04-2006, 05:55 PM

Great points. People want to see a game in the NC, not a blowout similar to the USC-OU game a couple years back. So what if Michigan already got there chance, Florida can't hang with Ohio St. and every one knows it.

Shane P. Hallam
12-04-2006, 05:58 PM

Great points. People want to see a game in the NC, not a blowout similar to the USC-OU game a couple years back. So what if Michigan already got there chance, Florida can't hang with Ohio St. and every one knows it.

I'm pretty sure SEC fans don't know it. I'm pretty sure you'll see Lee Corso and Kirk Herbstreit talking about the speed of the SEC and such. Let's see it.

killa3312
12-04-2006, 05:58 PM

Florida can hang with OSU if they try to give UF the game like they did with Michigan.

Fact of the matter is, if Florida wins the game, it wouldn't even be the biggest upset in national title game history, or even top 3.

Shane P. Hallam
12-04-2006, 06:00 PM

Florida can hang with OSU if they try to give UF the game like they did with Michigan.

Fact of the matter is, if Florida wins the game, it wouldn't even be the biggest upset in national title game history, or even top 3.

*cough*2002*cough*

killa3312
12-04-2006, 06:04 PM

*cough*2002*cough*

2002 Ohio State versus Miami

1983 Miami versus Nebraska

1986 Penn State versus Miami

1991 Alabama versus Miami

Funny how Miami is in every, single one of those games. All those are bigger upsets, and I can probably go back even further if I wanted to. Ohio State's a damn good team, and will probably win this game... I just don't think it will be a blowout, like most here do. That's JMHO.

4pAc
12-04-2006, 06:06 PM
I think the UF-UM argument can be summed up like this
The people who wants UM in argument:
UF can't hop UM when UM didn't play
UM is the second best team because they lost to #1 by 3 away

The people who wants UF:
UF had a better year
UF won their conference title
UM doesn't deserve a rematch and SEC should'nt get screwed again

To me it really comes down to one thing, whether the poll is weeky or at the end of the year. If it's week based there's no way UM should be hopped but if its looked at at the end of the year one could see how UF's better The bottom line is they are trying to pin the two best teams in the nation, not necessarily the most deserving. But a case like this would seem flawed because some will argue that USC is the second best and only sneezed against UCLA. So really you can justify both ways and the argument is never-ending.
Which means this would the right choice:

BSU v.s. OSU

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
12-04-2006, 06:32 PM

That bugs me too. It's stupid.

Space Ghost
12-04-2006, 06:36 PM
Florida, Tim Tebow starts and runs for 800 yards. Final Florida:3 OSU:2

OSU scores a safety from Quinn Pitcock even though the play started at the 43 yard line, he pushed the guard back so far and then got held in the end-zone.

Florida scores a 64 yard field goal as time expires after Tim Tebow runs around for no reason up to mid field from his own 1. Then they get within 64 yard range and kick the winner.

If it happens I will laugh.

Seriously though... OSU: 38 Florida: 17

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
12-04-2006, 06:43 PM
Florida, Tim Tebow starts and runs for 800 yards. Final Florida:3 OSU:2

OSU scores a safety from Quinn Pitcock even though the play started at the 43 yard line, he pushed the guard back so far and then got held in the end-zone.

Florida scores a 64 yard field goal as time expires after Tim Tebow runs around for no reason up to mid field from his own 1. Then they get within 64 yard range and kick the winner.

If it happens I will laugh.

Seriously though... OSU: 38 Florida: 17

If that 3-2 thing happens I will post nude pictures of myself runnign through my school

4pAc
12-04-2006, 06:59 PM
ew

MagnumGator
12-04-2006, 07:04 PM
Jim Walden, former Washington State coach, put Florida #1... I think.To quote Walden, “In my heart of hearts, I believe that neither Ohio State or Michigan could get through Florida’s schedule with only one loss.”

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16044332/from/RS.5/

12-04-2006, 07:10 PM
Jim Walden, former Washington State coach, put Florida #1... I think.To quote Walden, “In my heart of hearts, I believe that neither Ohio State or Michigan could get through Florida’s schedule with only one loss.”

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16044332/from/RS.5/ I agree. I think Florida has a good shot at beating OSU. It should be a very fast game(speed) with the players from both teams. I personally don't care who wins, just looking forward to a good game.

TIP
12-04-2006, 07:13 PM

*cough*2002*cough*

2002 Ohio State versus Miami

1983 Miami versus Nebraska

1986 Penn State versus Miami

1991 Alabama versus Miami

Funny how Miami is in every, single one of those games. All those are bigger upsets, and I can probably go back even further if I wanted to. Ohio State's a damn good team, and will probably win this game... I just don't think it will be a blowout, like most here do. That's JMHO.

I'm lovin that one :D

TIP
12-04-2006, 07:16 PM

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16044332/from/RS.5/ I agree. I think Florida has a good shot at beating OSU. It should be a very fast game(speed) with the players from both teams. I personally don't care who wins, just looking forward to a good game.
FLorida will be without McDonald a crucial loss. Nelson can't be all over the field, and the nations best corner was just fileted last week. Leak will turn the ball over vs. the nations best defense in takeaways. They're in trouble. This will be a smacking

smittyjs
12-04-2006, 09:00 PM

FLorida will be without McDonald a crucial loss. Nelson can't be all over the field, and the nations best corner was just fileted last week. Leak will turn the ball over vs. the nations best defense in takeaways. They're in trouble. This will be a smackingI don't think so, they have to many playmakers on offense.

killa3312
12-04-2006, 09:08 PM
Florida does have a lot of playmakers on offense... too bad Dan Mullen doesn't know how to get them consistently involved. If Mullen calls a game like he's capable of, I'll get off his case. He drives me insane with all of his cute crap when simple plays have been working.

snuff
12-04-2006, 09:09 PM

FLorida will be without McDonald a crucial loss. Nelson can't be all over the field, and the nations best corner was just fileted last week. Leak will turn the ball over vs. the nations best defense in takeaways. They're in trouble. This will be a smackingI don't think so, they have to many playmakers on offense. Unfortunately none of them play QB, and Percy Harvin has been good in liek 5 games this year, but now everyone is on his wiener which is amazing.

killa3312
12-04-2006, 09:12 PM

FLorida will be without McDonald a crucial loss. Nelson can't be all over the field, and the nations best corner was just fileted last week. Leak will turn the ball over vs. the nations best defense in takeaways. They're in trouble. This will be a smackingI don't think so, they have to many playmakers on offense. Unfortunately none of them play QB, and Percy Harvin has been good in liek 5 games this year, but now everyone is on his wiener which is amazing.

That's because Harvin has only played in like 5 games :lol: It doesn't take a whole lot to see that Percy is a special talent. He has nearly 800 yards of total offense in about 7 games because of injury.

NickBam
12-04-2006, 09:14 PM
Florida will miss Marcus Thomas terribly as Pittman and Beanie Wells have their ways with Florida running behind the huge Buckeye line. Buckeyes win 38-17.

TIP
12-04-2006, 09:16 PM

FLorida will be without McDonald a crucial loss. Nelson can't be all over the field, and the nations best corner was just fileted last week. Leak will turn the ball over vs. the nations best defense in takeaways. They're in trouble. This will be a smackingI don't think so, they have to many playmakers on offense.

Unfortunately, Leak is the QB, no one to get the ball to them.

snuff
12-04-2006, 09:20 PM
That's because Harvin has only played in like 5 games :lol: It doesn't take a whole lot to see that Percy is a special talent. He has nearly 800 yards of total offense in about 7 games because of injury. Actually he played in 11 games, 10 really but I guess thats just like 5.

killa3312
12-04-2006, 09:21 PM
Florida has been fine against the run without MT, that's not a huge concern of mine. What is concerning is the lack of pass rush Florida has had without him in the lineup. Florida has to get pressure on Smith to have a chance.

NickBam
12-04-2006, 09:23 PM
Florida has been fine against the run without MT, that's not a huge concern of mine. What is concerning is the lack of pass rush Florida has had without him in the lineup. Florida has to get pressure on Smith to have a chance.

There was a stat during the SEC Championship game showing the difference between having Marcus Thomas and not having him. The difference was atleast 1.5 YPC. Florida has not seen an offensive line like Ohio State's and the battle is won in the trenches.

Jonathan_VIlma
12-04-2006, 09:25 PM
Ugh, it's so annoying how Michigan fans can't get past the fact they're not in the big dance.

You had your chance so shut up. Talk about the real National Championship: Ohio State vs. Florida and not these ******** lopsided predictions. For anyone who actually watched Florida and doesn't just look at the stats, they'd know Florida has a dominant defense, and while Michigan's proved dominant during the season, Florida matches up more favorabley against Ohio State because of the amount of speed they can put on the field at once and still have the bulk of a Michigan defense.

Many forget that after Marcus Thomas got kicked off the team, Siler and Everett were both banged up. That could contribute to the 1.5 YPC difference without him.

It really has no bearing, because Marcus Thomas wasn't even in on that many obvious running downs. He was our one gap pass rusher, and it's really an overrated loss.

If McDonald doesn't play, that's even bigger.

NickBam
12-04-2006, 09:28 PM
Ugh, it's so annoying how Michigan fans can't get past the fact they're not in the big dance.

You had your chance so shut up. Talk about the real National Championship: Ohio State vs. Florida and not these dumb lopsided predictions. For anyone who actually watched Florida and doesn't just look at the stats, they'd know Florida has a dominant defense, and while Michigan's proved dominant during the season, Florida matches up more favorabley against Ohio State because of the amount of speed they can put on the field at once and still have the bulk of a Michigan defense.

What's wrong with people thinking the games going to be lopsided? National championships have been lopsided before and this one COULD be too.

yodabear
12-04-2006, 09:29 PM

You had your chance so shut up. Talk about the real National Championship: Ohio State vs. Florida and not these dumb lopsided predictions. For anyone who actually watched Florida and doesn't just look at the stats, they'd know Florida has a dominant defense, and while Michigan's proved dominant during the season, Florida matches up more favorabley against Ohio State because of the amount of speed they can put on the field at once and still have the bulk of a Michigan defense.

Many forget that after Marcus Thomas got kicked off the team, Siler and Everett were both banged up. That could contribute to the 1.5 YPC difference without him.

It really has no bearing, because Marcus Thomas wasn't even in on that many obvious running downs. He was our one gap pass rusher, and it's really an overrated loss.

No, u shut the **** up. U know if Florida woulda been left out u'd still be bitching. Understandibly, but u guys would still be complaing, so u can it!

Jonathan_VIlma
12-04-2006, 09:30 PM

No, u shut the *********** up. U know if Florida woulda been left out u'd still be bitching. Understandibly, but u guys would still be complaing, so u can it!
Not only was that terribly hard to read, it doesn't matter how I'd act, because it didn't happen. We're in the big game. Michigan isn't. Wolverine fans need to quiet up and start looking towards the Rose Bowl.

Nothing wrong with believing it's going to be lopsided but it's a bit of a coincidence that the people that think that are either Michigan fans or fans of teams that hate the Gators.

killa3312
12-04-2006, 09:31 PM
Florida shut down McFadden and Jones without MT, that is enough to comfort me into knowing we can slow down Ohio State's running game. As for Harvin... sure, he's played in 10 games, but several of those he was still injured in and hardly got any snaps. He's played about 5-6 games fully healthy. The Florida State and Arkansas games showed what he can do.

NickBam
12-04-2006, 09:33 PM
Florida shut down McFadden and Jones without MT, that is enough to comfort me into knowing we can slow down Ohio State's running game. As for Harvin... sure, he's played in 10 games, but several of those he was still injured in and hardly got any snaps. He's played about 5-6 games fully healthy. The Florida State and Arkansas games showed what he can do.

You can stack the box against Arkansas, where as that is not possible against the Buckeyes.

snuff
12-04-2006, 09:33 PM

You can stack the box against Arkansas, where as that is not possible against the Buckeyes. Not to mention that Mcfadden sprained his ankle...
Arkansas had 132 yards also.

yodabear
12-04-2006, 09:35 PM

No, u shut the *********** up. U know if Florida woulda been left out u'd still be bitching. Understandibly, but u guys would still be complaing, so u can it!
Not only was that terribly hard to read, it doesn't matter how I'd act, because it didn't happen. We're in the big game. Michigan isn't. Wolverine fans need to quiet up and start looking towards the Rose Bowl.

Nothing wrong with believing it's going to be lopsided but it's a bit of a coincidence that the people that think that are either Michigan fans or fans of teams that hate the Gators.

And just to add something, I am not complaing that Florida got in over us. Even me myself said if Florida won the SEC Championship and UCLA beat USC, we'll see Florida and Ohio St. I'm just mad at the system, cuz how are people supposed to know Florida is better than Michigan. How are people supposed to know Ohio St. is really the #1 team in the nation. So I am not complaing that Florida is in over us, I am complaing about the system, so shut up about us bitching too much because Auburn did the same thing two years ago, so there.

TIP
12-04-2006, 09:37 PM

You can stack the box against the razorbacks cuz Casy Dick is a terrible QB, who couldn't hit water if he fell out of a boat

NickBam
12-04-2006, 09:37 PM

And just to add something, I am not complaing that Florida got in over us. Even me myself said if Florida won the SEC Championship and UCLA beat USC, we'll see Florida and Ohio St. I'm just mad at the system, cuz how are people supposed to know Florida is better than Michigan. How are people supposed to know Ohio St. is really the #1 team in the nation. So I am not complaing that Florida is in over us, I am complaing about the system, so shut up about us bitching too much because Auburn did the same thing two years ago, so there.

They earned it by being the only team to go undefeated in a major conference.

yodabear
12-04-2006, 09:40 PM

I'm not questioning Ohio St's ranking at all cuz that would just be stupid of me, I'm just saying with a playoff, that will proove that even more.

NickBam
12-04-2006, 09:40 PM

I'm not questioning Ohio St's ranking at all cuz that would just be stupid of me, I'm just saying with a playoff, that will proove that even more.

Fair enough.

killa3312
12-04-2006, 09:44 PM

You can stack the box against the razorbacks cuz Casy Dick is a terrible QB, who couldn't hit water if he fell out of a boat

True enough, but I'm just not worried about Florida's run defense. Maybe I should be, but I'm not. What worries me is all the time Smith will have to throw, especially since Florida has done a poor job, at best, of getting pressure on the QB lately.

yodabear
12-04-2006, 09:45 PM

Fair enough.

Or in a situation like this, have a three team playoff with Ohio St. getting a bye and Michigan playing Florida in Glendale on Dec. 14th.

NickBam
12-04-2006, 09:46 PM
What is the update on Ray McDonald? I know when they first reported the injury it was a broken wrist (I think, maybe arm). Is that for sure the injury?

TIP
12-04-2006, 09:46 PM
What is the update on Ray McDonald? I know when they first reported the injury it was a broken wrist (I think, maybe arm). Is that for sure the injury?
I'm fairly certain it's a break.

NickBam
12-04-2006, 09:47 PM

Fair enough.

Or in a situation like this, have a three team playoff with Ohio St. getting a bye and Michigan playing Florida in Glendale on Dec. 14th.

I like the idea of a 3-team playoff this year, but there would be other years last year for example where Penn State wasn't quite deserving of playing Texas to see who plays USC. It would work perfect this year, but not every year. No matter what the system, a team will always get snubbed (most years).

yodabear
12-04-2006, 09:50 PM

Fair enough.

I like the idea of a 3-team playoff this year, but there would be other years (last year for example) where Penn State wasn't quite deserving of playing Texas to see who plays USC. It would work perfect this year, but not every year. No matter what the system, a team will always get snubbed (most years).

Yeah, I know.....I mean Boise St. can make a case cuz they are the only other team with 0 loses. But that way, we could say it was decided on the field and not by a bunch of people in suits.

Thunderstruck
12-04-2006, 09:52 PM
I am not knocking Florida one bit. However, I think it is absurd to say that Florida has an infinitely faster defense than Michigan. Florida may have a small edge on the defensive line, but they also lack the overwhelming physicality that the Wolverines brought to the table which gave Ohio State fits. The linebackers are so close in terms of speed it is not even funny.

Frankly, the loss of Marcus Thomas does hurt. He was the best one-gapper for the Gators, and they could struggle to put pressure on Smith. Ohio State has the second best wide receiver depth in the country (behind USC) and they could efficiently move the ball down the field working underneath, taking the safeties out of it unless they cheat up, which will cause a problem over the top. Still, Ginn Jr. going deep shouldn't be the main concern, it should be Gonzalez, Robiskie, or Hartline testing a linebacker or a dime back.

It has been said before, but Chris Leak is going up against a defense that forces turnovers and capitilizes on them. On the flip side, Florida has to deal with a composed quarterback in Smith that shines the brightest on the biggest stages.

The Gators are even outmatched in the coaching sector. Urban Meyer is a good coach, but Tressel is an elite one. He will make sure the Buckeyes roll into and through Glendale.

Like I said, I forsee a 10-14 point game. I doubt Florida ever falls more than two scores behind, but I doubt that they are ever really in the game too.

keylime_5
12-04-2006, 09:52 PM
To everyone who is in favor of a playoff......Tressel won I think 7 national titles in the playoff format in DI-AA. This is because he builds his teams to get better and better with each game. (The Buckeyes were not very good in 2004 until the end of the year in which they could've played with anybody). If we get a playoff then OSU will win more titles than it has.

Jim Tressel has said that he once had a team that peaked too early and that "that'll never happen again." I don't want a playoff system, but if there was one Ohio State might win or go to the title game almost every year. Be careful what you wish for

yodabear
12-04-2006, 09:56 PM
To everyone who is in favor of a playoff......Tressel won I think 7 national titles in the playoff format in DI-AA. This is because he builds his teams to get better and better with each game. (The Buckeyes were not very good in 2004 until the end of the year in which they could've played with anybody). If we get a playoff then OSU will win more titles than it has.

Jim Tressel has said that he once had a team that peaked too early and that "that'll never happen again." I don't want a playoff system, but if there was one Ohio State might win or go to the title game almost every year. Be careful what you wish for

IDC if that were to happen. If thats the case, good for Tressell and Ohio St. At least they won it on the field and not by a corrupted system.

Thunderstruck
12-04-2006, 10:04 PM

Homerism taken to an artform. I question whether Ohio State could have gone punch-for-punch with USC in 2004. Heck, there were a few teams that I do not think the Buckeyes could have beaten even though they improved late.

Can you admit that the Buckeyes might not win? It is not Ohio State's god-given right to be great. And while Jim Tressel is the best coach in college football, he isn't the second coming of Jesus. Every program has their down years and to suggest that Ohio State is immune to such fluctuations is ludicrous. I am not saying they wouldn't be in contention most years. But I am saying that they would not dominate a playoff.

P-L
12-04-2006, 10:36 PM

Tressel can win as many NC as he wants, as long as I know that my team's fate was decided on the field, and not by the minds of voter. Also, just because Tressel won 7 titles in DI-AA doesn't mean he's going to the Championship game every year.

moc182
12-04-2006, 10:41 PM
People are sleeping on Florida. Belive me, I don't trust Chris Leak in a big game, but that defense is going to severely limit Ohio State's high powered offense. Jarvis Moss is an absolute beast, Brandon Siler is the best linebacker in the country, Earl Everett is a hell of a player, Reggie Nelson has been the best defensive back in the nation this year, Ryan Smith is a hell of a corner. If this isn't a close game, that neither team breaks 30 in, i'll be very surprised.

yodabear
12-04-2006, 11:28 PM
Florida fans talk to me when u lose to Ohio St. by 3 in Columbus. Oh, wait a minute. They won't.

1. They won't in Columbus.
2. They'll lose by at least 14....and thats being nice.

RockJock07
12-05-2006, 12:03 AM
It's going to be track meet, like a previous post suggested, Harvin has to get his touches for Florida to keep up.

OSU 35
UF 33

snuff
12-05-2006, 12:05 AM
It's going to be track meet, like a previous post suggested, Harvin has to get his touches for Florida to keep up.

OSU 35
UF 33UF scores 33 I would leave this board.

UF has scored 30+ 4 times this season. Against Southern Miss, UCF(trash), Divsion 2 team, and Arkansas. Now all of sudden they are going to put up 30 vs a team l#2 in the nation in scoring defense?

yodabear
12-05-2006, 12:08 AM

OSU 35
UF 33UF scores 33 I would leave this board.

UF has scored 30+ 4 times this season. Against Southern Miss, UCF(trash), Divsion 2 team, and Arkansas. Now all of sudden they are going to put up 30 vs a team leading the nation in scoring defense?

Well, not that its gonna happen, but please don't leave, we're running out of people with actual brains on this site....

gstock05
12-05-2006, 01:01 AM
they also lack the overwhelming physicality that the Wolverines brought to the table which gave Ohio State fits

Not sure what you're talking about, but I didnt see the Wolverines defense give Ohio State any fits on 11/18.

Ohio State might not score the most per game, but we absolutely have the best offense. There is not an offense in college football thats even close to the balance and talent for rushing & passing that we have.

After witnessing us single handedly pick apart what I thought was the best defense in a good 3-4 years, I don't think Florida will do much better. Their only hope is turnovers & Percy Harvin.

Do you really think Ohio State could hang with USC in 2004?

Hrmm... Cal seemed to be pretty much even with them throughout the entire game. USC barely won vs. Cal in 2004.

Jarvis Moss is the best linebacker in the country

I think James Laurinaitis just won the best defensive player in college football award. Although I will admit Florida has a better linebacking unit.

Finally, SEC is tough, but overrated. Wisconsin destroyed Auburn last year and Wiscy wasn't even that good. I'm going to say we'll rush for 175+ and pass for around 250. I think we're going to go with more of a run healthy offense. Our offensive line is the best in the nation, no doubt about it.

danman253
12-05-2006, 01:04 AM

I think James Laurinaitis just won the best defensive player in college football award. Although I will admit Florida has a better linebacking unit.

Finally, SEC is tough, but overrated. Wisconsin destroyed Auburn last year and Wiscy wasn't even that good. I'm going to say we'll rush for 175+ and pass for around 250. I think we're going to go with more of a run healthy offense. Our offensive line is the best in the nation, no doubt about it.

I thought that moss was a DE :?

And although OSUs OL is very good i still like Texas' as the best

danman253
12-05-2006, 01:05 AM
BTW gstock, he won the nagurski, the best defensive player award is the bednarik, which will go to Woodley :D

P-L
12-05-2006, 01:06 AM
BTW gstock, he won the nagurski, the best defensive player award is the bednarik, which will go to Woodley :D

They are both the best defensive player award, however, the Bednarik is more prestigious.

danman253
12-05-2006, 01:07 AM

They are both the best defensive player award, however, the Bednarik is more prestigious.

Yeah i'll go with that :D

snuff
12-05-2006, 01:38 AM

I guess you are claiming Elvis Dumervil as the best defensive player in the nation last year also? Laurinaitis couldn't shed a block by me. He is so overrated.

Michigan's offense can hang with tOSU's I believe, as they displayed when they played.

TIP
12-05-2006, 10:28 AM
[quote="gstock05"]

quote]
THere are 3 or four awards that could technically classify you as the best defensive player. Lott, Nagurski, but the only one that matters is the Bednarik, which he's not even up for.

He's vastly overrated and won't win the butkus.

Jonathan_VIlma
12-05-2006, 01:36 PM
Florida fans talk to me when u lose to Ohio St. by 3 in Columbus. Oh, wait a minute. They won't.

As usual, you're posts contain no fact, and just blatant opinion.

And just so you know, Florida often had seven and even six guys in the box vs. Arkansas and effectively shut them down. They brought an extra man up when Ray McDonald got hurt.

McDonald's injury was said to be a hypextension so he should be ready.

TIP
12-05-2006, 01:41 PM

As usual, you're posts contain no fact, and just blatant opinion.

And just so you know, Florida often had seven and even six guys in the box vs. Arkansas and effectively shut them down. They brought an extra man up when Ray McDonald got hurt.

McDonald's injury was said to be a hypextension so he should be ready.

That was not a hyperextension, that was a break, until I see a link, I'm calling it a break

danman253
12-05-2006, 01:58 PM
They evaulated it twice. First it was a break, then a big hyperextension. EIther way i doubt he is 100% after that .

RockJock07
12-05-2006, 03:02 PM
These are both big play offenses, so yes snuff, I expect the score to be around 35-33 with OSU winning.

I think OSU defense is very good, but they haven't faced speed similar to this, well... since, Michigan who put up 39.

Although if OSU wins, i think they will be the most dominate team that i've ever seen, beating 3 #2's in a season. That's impressive.

danman253
12-05-2006, 03:09 PM
These are both big play offenses, so yes snuff, I expect the score to be around 35-33 with OSU winning.

I think OSU defense is very good, but they haven't faced speed similar to this, well... since, Michigan who put up 39.

Although if OSU wins, i think they will be the most dominate team that i've ever seen, beating 3 #2's in a season. That's impressive.The thing is that Michigans QB won't crumble under pressure...

RockJock07
12-05-2006, 03:17 PM
Well that's just it, Leak is the key. That shovel pass INT was just awful, I've never seen that before, but he's got some skill, he just has way to many brain craps.

Speaking of Florida QB's, Tebow next year, cause they have a verbal from Cameron Newton, who has Brian Brohm size and skill written over him.

another random thought, How does Georgia have the #2 recuiting class?

Shane P. Hallam
12-05-2006, 03:46 PM
Nice point brought up on the radio.

Two things you don't want when you face the Buckeyes (and two things UM didn't have THIS SEASON):

1. A mediocre offensive line

2. A QB prone to make mistakes.

Two things Florida has.

snuff
12-05-2006, 04:07 PM

Although if OSU wins, i think they will be the most dominate team that i've ever seen, beating 3 #2's in a season. That's impressive. Most of the scoring was due to Cbs not being able to set in the grass, allowing Wr's to cut easier on the CBs. Michigan also had a good run game going. Another thing Florida doesn't have.

Thunderstruck
12-05-2006, 05:19 PM
they also lack the overwhelming physicality that the Wolverines brought to the table which gave Ohio State fits

Not sure what you're talking about, but I didnt see the Wolverines defense give Ohio State any fits on 11/18.

I'm not sure what you're talking about. The Wolverines were manhandling that Ohio State offensive line, which is why Troy Smith's performance was all the more impressive.

Ohio State might not score the most per game, but we absolutely have the best offense. There is not an offense in college football thats even close to the balance and talent for rushing & passing that we have.

I would probably agree.

After witnessing us single handedly pick apart what I thought was the best defense in a good 3-4 years, I don't think Florida will do much better. Their only hope is turnovers & Percy Harvin.

Again, I would probably agree.

Do you really think Ohio State could hang with USC in 2004?

Hrmm... Cal seemed to be pretty much even with them throughout the entire game. USC barely won vs. Cal in 2004.

Still, I couldn't see Justin Zwick keeping up in a shootout.

Which is a joke. Laurinaitis has been superb this year, but he hasn't been the best defensive player in college football. He was borderline average in the Michigan game.

Finally, SEC is tough, but overrated. Wisconsin destroyed Auburn last year and Wiscy wasn't even that good.

I tend to think the Wisconsin-Auburn game gets overrated when comparing the Big 10-SEC because the Badgers won that game on pure emotion. The players wanted to win it for Barry Alvarez. Auburn, on the other hand, didn't really look like they wanted to be there.

Although, I do not think the SEC was all it was billed up to be this year. Toughest conference? Without a doubt. Murderer's row? Perhaps.

I'm going to say we'll rush for 175+ and pass for around 250. I think we're going to go with more of a run healthy offense. Our offensive line is the best in the nation, no doubt about it.

I would probably lower the rushing offense a little bit, but I still feel as though the running game will be successful. And while I think it is questionable if that offensive line is the best in the nation, they should be able to pave the way and protect just fine.

Jonathan_VIlma
12-05-2006, 06:36 PM

Because no team wants to rely on their biggest offensive playmaker and turnovers to win a game. :roll:

yodabear
12-05-2006, 06:43 PM
Now that I have had 48 hours to *********** and moan about this.....

I would like to first apologize for telling countless number of people to shut the *********** up, that was inappropriate of me to do. I would also like to say that I have said a lot of negative things about the Florida football team. I have no problem with them. In fact, they're my 2nd favorite football team. But they ran into my favorite. I didn't mean the mean crap I said about the Florida football team. Those were said out of frustration. Florida diserves to be playing on January 8th. I'm not sure if I ever said that, I may have said the opposite, but that was out of bitching and moaning. I am not pissed off at Florida, I am pissed with the system, thats all. Nothing to do with Florida, with the current system, I do not mind at all Florida gets to play on 1-8. I need to quit bitching and the players (if they were even) and the coach (I know he has been) need to quit, so they can be ready for USC. This was a great season for UM, and it has defntly been been better than expected. After all, we are in the Rose Bowl and should feel proud. And a lot of teams would love to be in our position. So peace out and stay classy.

snuff
12-05-2006, 06:49 PM
Shut up Yadachu.

danman253
12-05-2006, 06:51 PM

Because no team wants to rely on their biggest offensive playmaker and turnovers to win a game. :roll:

Usually a team effort is the best way to win...

AlexDown
12-05-2006, 06:52 PM
Hey Yoda.

Do you think that Florida would have passed Michigan if USC didn't lose and were going to the NC?

yodabear
12-05-2006, 06:54 PM
Hey Yoda.

Do you think that Florida would have passed Michigan if USC didn't lose and were going to the NC?

Hell no, but that was the hand that was dealt. Two teams that diserved to go to the championship and 1 was going to be left out and that one was unfourtunantly us.

yodabear
12-05-2006, 06:55 PM
Shut up Yadachu.

No, that would make too many peoples dreams come true....and its Yodachu.

12-05-2006, 07:29 PM

Advantedge:OSUYou must have hit your head here is a more accurate comparision
QB-OSU
RB-UF
WR-UF(all u have is Ted Ginn)
TE-OSU
FB-OSU
OL-OSU
DLINE-UF
CB-UF
S-UF
LBUF

draftguru151
12-05-2006, 07:34 PM
You think Wynn is better than Pittman and Wells? You are nuts. Optimist.

DL is a push if not OSU. CB is OSU. LB and S is Florida.

And OSU has a lot more than Ted Ginn. Ginn and Gonzalez are better than any WR Florida has.

snuff
12-05-2006, 07:35 PM
You must have hit your head here is a more accurate comparision
QB-OSU
RB-UF
TE-OSU
FB-OSU
OL-OSU
DLINE-UF
CB-UF
S-UF
LBUF

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: your a joke :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

danman253
12-05-2006, 07:37 PM

QB-OSU
RB-UF
TE-OSU
FB-OSU
OL-OSU
DLINE-UF
CB-UF
S-UF
LBUF

You sure he was hit on the head and not you?

Wynn is not even close to pittman/Wells
All osu has is ginn? Heh, you know nothing about NCAA. OSU has the deepest R corps in the country.
DL is OSU all the way. McDonald is banged up, Gholston, Pitcock and patterson are all healthy, not to mention a notcieable decline in uf's game w/o thomas.
CBs: UF? :lol: :lol: Jenkins and Smith are 10x better than UFs

So yeah, you should stop now

TIP
12-05-2006, 07:38 PM

QB-OSU
RB-UF
WR-UF(all u have is Ted Ginn)TE-OSU
FB-OSU
OL-OSU
DLINE-UF
CB-UF
S-UF
LBUF

Pittman is 10000X better than that fatty Wynn. He may go in the second round this year in the draft

WHile I agree with your edge, your statement afterwards couldn't be more worng, Anthony Gonzalez is a very good second WR.

D-Line- Not without mcdonald, you are not. You already lost marcus thomas, if Mcdonald doesn't play, OSU gets the edge.

No way you have better corners, no way

yodabear
12-05-2006, 07:38 PM
You must have hit your head here is a more accurate comparision
QB-OSU
RB-UF
TE-OSU
FB-OSU
OL-OSU
DLINE-UF
CB-UF
S-UF
LBUF

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: your a joke :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Can I speak now because of his stupidity?

Namy
12-05-2006, 08:38 PM

Although if OSU wins, i think they will be the most dominate team that i've ever seen, beating 3 #2's in a season. That's impressive.
It will be impressive, but that won't make the the most dominant team... They're not even the most dominant team in the past two years. Both Texas and USC of last year would handle OSU imo.

Smooth Criminal
12-05-2006, 08:40 PM
I'm putting my money on Florida. I think OSU is overrated. Don't get me wrong, I think they are the best team in the country but I think the amount that they are the best by is overrated.

Florida is a very good team and should definately cover the spread that I expect to be 4-6 points.

snuff
12-05-2006, 08:53 PM
Florida is a very good team and should definately cover the spread that I expect to be 4-6 points. They are favored by 8. Just for fun Vegas released Michigan vs Florida, and Michigan was favored by 6 in that game.

RockJock07
12-07-2006, 04:06 PM
Wynn is marginal at best, but Uf runs the ball so many other ways and with so many other guys, their run game will be solid against OSU.

WhisperSeek
12-07-2006, 05:56 PM
I'm thinking Florida wins this one, in a very close battle. The winner will not have more than 7 points over the loser.

The X-Factor in this game will not be Leak, Smith, Ginn, or Tebow; It will be Percy Harvin. Mark my words. The Freshman will have himself a monster game.

NickBam
12-07-2006, 06:43 PM
Malcolm Jenkins is going to cause nightmares for error prone Chris Leak for the rest of his life.

DoWnThEfiElD
12-07-2006, 07:02 PM
Who doesn't love the SEC speed arguement?

Let's just have a relay race..?

snuff
12-07-2006, 07:17 PM

Let's just have a relay race..? Just for fun Michigan got #30 in National Track & Field Championship and Florida got 37th.

Wisconsin also had the best team in the men's 100m.

RockJock07
12-07-2006, 10:37 PM
I AGREE, Harvin is the guy for UF

Jonathan_VIlma
12-08-2006, 06:07 PM

Unfortunately, you don't understand what a fast defense is. Not only are they fast off the ball, they absolutely maul defenders by getting to the ball in a hurry. That's one of the reasons the defense is so good. We have two tackling machines, and a bunch of gap shooting lineman that will cause havock in the backfield all day.

Everett and Siler work so well together it's tough to match. They communicate excellently, as does the whole defense.

snuff
12-08-2006, 06:25 PM

Unfortunately, you don't understand what a fast defense is. Not only are they fast off the ball, they absolutely maul defenders by getting to the ball in a hurry. That's one of the reasons the defense is so good. We have two tackling machines, and a bunch of gap shooting lineman that will cause havock in the backfield all day.

Everett and Siler work so well together it's tough to match. They communicate excellently, as does the whole defense.Yeah, tOSU and Michigan must have slow LBs... Thats why two were take in the first round last year, and many more will be taken in the next few years with Poz, Connor, Laurintes, and Harris all going day one.

FootballGod
12-08-2006, 06:56 PM
Jenkins will shut down Harvin everyday of the week.

Ward
12-08-2006, 07:00 PM

What about Baker?

NickBam
12-08-2006, 07:01 PM

What about Baker?

He scares me more on reverses then anything else.

snuff
12-08-2006, 07:09 PM
Jenkins will shut down Harvin everyday of the week.Unless Harvin has the Manningham fake step.

kyle6
12-08-2006, 08:09 PM
OSU by 14.

Chris Leak sucks if Tebow was in I think it would be a whole new game.

BrownsTown
12-08-2006, 08:15 PM
[quote="Ward"][quote=FootballGod]Jenkins will shut down Harvin everyday of the week.
True dat.

12-16-2006, 01:40 PM
Cnt go wrong with the Gators :D

draftguru151
12-16-2006, 01:44 PM
Cnt go wrong with the Gators :D

More like you can't go right with the Gators. :?

TPFKA#1SaintsFan
12-16-2006, 06:47 PM

Let's just have a relay race..? Just for fun Michigan got #30 in National Track & Field Championship and Florida got 37th.

Wisconsin also had the best team in the men's 100m.

Just for fun, the SEC has dominated the Track & Field championship since the 1980's.

Just for fun of course, because track & field has little to nothing to do with the speed of football players.

sweetness34
12-17-2006, 12:42 AM
I'm thinking Florida wins this one, in a very close battle. The winner will not have more than 7 points over the loser.

The X-Factor in this game will not be Leak, Smith, Ginn, or Tebow; It will be Percy Harvin. Mark my words. The Freshman will have himself a monster game.

Ok man I honor your gutsiness and your balls to make this pick but any sensible person should no that this is not going to be pretty. Florida is a good team, but Ohio State is a great team on both sides of the ball. A dominant offense and a dominant defense.

Two things are going to kill UF. Inconsistency at QB and no running game. That and Troy Smith tearing up their defense. :lol:

Iamcanadian
12-17-2006, 01:10 AM
Talent wise, it's no contest, Ohio St in a slaughter. However, this game will be between a overconfident Ohio St team vs a Florida team that has been hearing for a month that they don't belong on the same field as Ohio St. Football is still a game that can be decided by the team which is a lot higher emotionally for the game than the other team. That's why upsets occur all the time in sports.
Florida is going to be sky high for the game and Smith had better have his leadership qualities and mental toughness operating on all cylinders or you could very well see an upset. Emotion can negate talent a great deal of the time.

soybean
12-17-2006, 01:46 AM
Talent wise, it's no contest, Ohio St in a slaughter. However, this game will be between a overconfident Ohio St team vs a Florida team that has been hearing for a month that they don't belong on the same field as Ohio St. Football is still a game that can be decided by the team which is a lot higher emotionally for the game than the other team. That's why upsets occur all the time in sports.
Florida is going to be sky high for the game and Smith had better have his leadership qualities and mental toughness operating on all cylinders or you could very well see an upset. Emotion can negate talent a great deal of the time.

yeah it's like mack brown's quote... "we dont have to be the best team, we just have to be the best team tonight."

Shane P. Hallam
12-17-2006, 09:19 AM

Eh, with Tressel, they won't be overconfident. Tress knows how to get guys up, how to pump up opponents and all that crap. Hell, on his radio show, he made it sound like Northwestern was going to kill us...

Iamcanadian
12-17-2006, 09:43 AM

Eh, with Tressel, they won't be overconfident. Tress knows how to get guys up, how to pump up opponents and all that crap. Hell, on his radio show, he made it sound like Northwestern was going to kill us...

Tressel is a great HC but players are human beings and when you keep hearing in the press and from your friends and family, that Florida doesn't even belong in the game and won't be much of a challange, it will be very difficult to get emotionally prepared for the game.
I'm not saying Ohio St won't win but games like this are always dangerous when one team has the emotional edge and upsets do occur in these situations. I doubt the game is a cakewalk and I expect Florida will mount a charge at the start which Ohio St will have to contain and then mount its own charge in the second half.
I can remember very clearly a simular situation in the Rose Bowl quite a few years ago when an undefeated or a 1 lose Ohio St team, I believe, played a 7-4 Stanford team. As the teams lined up to run on the field, the first Stanford player to run out turned around and tried to tackle the rest of his teammates, he was so fired up and I thought to myself, this game may not be a blowout after all, and sure enough, Stanford upset the heavily favourite Buckeyes. From that time on I learned to respect emotion when predicting a game, and I predict Florida will give a great effort against Ohio St and cover the spread and perhaps pull out an upset.
HC's have never found the answer to over confidence, not even the great ones.

BrownsTown
12-17-2006, 10:24 AM
Both Tressel and Lloyd Carr are perfectionists when it comes to that. Overconfident? They haven't won the NC yet, they won't be, Tressel will make sure of that.

I'm gonna say watch the Dline. Gholston I think will have himself a big game, as will Pitcock and Patterson.

With as many weapons as OSU has on offense, Florida just can't stop em. Gonzo, Ginn, Robiskie, Hartline, Small, Pittman, Beanie, Maurice, and of course the Heisman winner. Ohio State is just better on both sides of the ball.

dRaFtDoRk
12-17-2006, 11:16 AM
Both Tressel and Lloyd Carr are perfectionists when it comes to that. Overconfident? They haven't won the NC yet, they won't be, Tressel will make sure of that.

I'm gonna say watch the Dline. Gholston I think will have himself a big game, as will Pitcock and Patterson.

With as many weapons as OSU has on offense, Florida just can't stop em. Gonzo, Ginn, Robiskie, Hartline, Small, Pittman, Beanie, Maurice, and of course the Heisman winner. Ohio State is just better on both sides of the ball.

Ok, I'm going to be as unhomer as I possibly can here:

The only problems that Ohio State will have with Florida are the following:

The QB substitutions of Chris Leak and Tim Tebow
How many touches Percy Harvin has
And running against the Florida D

I think if we can limit the big plays and have good running games from Antionio Pittman and Beanie Wells then we should be able to handle the game.

I think Florida has to stop Troy Smith from having so much time in the pocket and they need to be able consistently play out of the "Urban Meyer" formations and strategy.

I say Ohio State 31 Florida 21

Shane P. Hallam
12-17-2006, 04:36 PM

Tressel is a great HC but players are human beings and when you keep hearing in the press and from your friends and family, that Florida doesn't even belong in the game and won't be much of a challange, it will be very difficult to get emotionally prepared for the game.
I'm not saying Ohio St won't win but games like this are always dangerous when one team has the emotional edge and upsets do occur in these situations. I doubt the game is a cakewalk and I expect Florida will mount a charge at the start which Ohio St will have to contain and then mount its own charge in the second half.
I can remember very clearly a simular situation in the Rose Bowl quite a few years ago when an undefeated or a 1 lose Ohio St team, I believe, played a 7-4 Stanford team. As the teams lined up to run on the field, the first Stanford player to run out turned around and tried to tackle the rest of his teammates, he was so fired up and I thought to myself, this game may not be a blowout after all, and sure enough, Stanford upset the heavily favourite Buckeyes. From that time on I learned to respect emotion when predicting a game, and I predict Florida will give a great effort against Ohio St and cover the spread and perhaps pull out an upset.
HC's have never found the answer to over confidence, not even the great ones.

Lol, my favorite thing about this is how you sort of cover all your bases. Saying it will be closer than expected, or an upset.

Anyways, I think Tressel is a guy who first and foremost focuses on the emotional part of the game. He doesn't let his guys get too high nor does he let them get too low. He'll be preaching, PREACHING about how Florida is better. Over here in Columbus, Kirk Herbstreit everyday on the radio talks about Florida's speed and [sarcastically,] how OSU can't hold up. We're essentially using the motivation of "SEC fans all think the SEC is better than the Big Ten. That Florida is better than us."

snuff
12-17-2006, 04:44 PM
I don't know.

I mean I think tOSU might have emotion problems... I mean its only the biggest game of their career, and final game of many.

dcrls
12-27-2006, 11:04 AM
florida doesnt have a chance in hell.

OSU-42
FLA-17

chris leak throws like 3picks, gets sacked 3times or more

troy smith passes for 3tds, wells gets 2, ginn gets one on a punt return or kickoff

NYmoney
12-27-2006, 12:21 PM
Florida wins by 5. for some reason 26-21 is what i think, but i don't know how you realistically can score 26 pts. i guess 2td's & 2fg's with 1 xpt missed.

duckseason
12-27-2006, 12:24 PM
Florida wins by 5. for some reason 26-21 is what i think, but i don't know how you realistically can score 26 pts. i guess 2td's & 2fg's with 1 xpt missed.
Happens all the time. 2 TD's, and 4 FG's

The number your scenario adds up to is 19 btw.

achilles109
12-27-2006, 01:03 PM
florida doesnt have a chance in hell.

OSU-42
FLA-17

chris leak throws like 3picks, gets sacked 3times or more

troy smith passes for 3tds, wells gets 2, ginn gets one on a punt return or kickoff

Pittman is never shown any love

NYmoney
12-27-2006, 02:58 PM
Happens all the time. 2 TD's, and 4 FG's

The number your scenario adds up to is 19 btw.

3td's. typo.

12-27-2006, 02:59 PM
My Prediction:
Florida wins 28-24.

NYmoney
12-27-2006, 03:00 PM
too many people are underestimating UF. they allowed 13.7 pts, and that was against SEC opponents.

danman253
12-27-2006, 03:17 PM
too many people are underestimating UF. they allowed 13.7 pts, and that was against SEC opponents.

Did you not see what they did to Michigans Defense? One of the most highly regarded defenses this year? OSUs offense can beat any defense.

They win 34-17

Troy Smith will get 3 tds through the air, Pittman breaks off a huge run late to seal it.

BuckeyeNation27
12-27-2006, 03:28 PM
too many people are underestimating UF. they allowed 13.7 pts, and that was against SEC opponents.I know the SEC makes God himself get down on his knees to schlob the knob and all.....but what about the SEC makes you think they have powerful offenses? I can't name 1 QB who is worth anything outside of Russel, and he has his Leak-moments.

12-27-2006, 03:31 PM
too many people are underestimating UF. they allowed 13.7 pts, and that was against SEC opponents.I know the SEC makes God himself get down on his knees to schlob the knob and all.....but what about the SEC makes you think they have powerful offenses? I can't name 1 QB who is worth anything outside of Russel, and he has his Leak-moments.
The Big Ten doesn't have that many great QB's either. There's a pretty big drop off after Smith and Henne.

dcrls
12-28-2006, 10:58 AM
The Big Ten doesn't have that many great QB's either. There's a pretty big drop off after Smith and Henne.

ok, then i must ask......
Which Conference has the Best QB's?

dcrls
12-28-2006, 10:59 AM

your leaving out Juice Williams, Drew Stanton, and Kellen Lewis???????
i mean they're not as good as Smith/Henne but their ok, i mean lewis & williams are gonna be good

12-28-2006, 11:02 AM

i mean they're not as good as Smith/Henne but their ok, i mean lewis & williams are gonna be good

Juice hasn't done crap this year passingwise. Stanton is a very good QB, but it doesn't matter because the rest of the talent around him. And I love Kellen. :D

dcrls
12-28-2006, 11:02 AM

Did you not see what they did to Michigans Defense? One of the most highly regarded defenses this year? OSUs offense can beat any defense.

They win 34-17

Troy Smith will get 3 tds through the air, Pittman breaks off a huge run late to seal it.

danman's prediction makes the most sense IMO

dcrls
12-28-2006, 11:04 AM

Juice hasn't done crap this year passingwise. Stanton is a very good QB, but it doesn't matter because the rest of the talent around him. And I love Kellen. :D

Juice beat MSU, and they played OSU pretty tight, but it's MSU everyone beat them. and aren't you an Indiana fan????? you left out kellen lewis, he's in your frikin sig

12-28-2006, 11:05 AM
I said I love Kellen. :D

NYmoney
12-28-2006, 02:30 PM

key words "gonna be good." they are not good now. i saw juice absolutely tank the game against PU, and stanton is still not as good as he was 2 years ago. I don't even know who minny's qb is, and they finished 5th in the conference.

NYmoney
12-28-2006, 02:33 PM

They win 34-17

michigan's defense played against a weaker schedule. im a fan of the B10, but the middle of the pack in the B10 was weak this year. IU finished 6th, and we were under 500 for the season, with losses to southern illini

dcrls
12-28-2006, 03:13 PM

key words "gonna be good." they are not good now. i saw juice absolutely tank the game against PU, and stanton is still not as good as he was 2 years ago. I don't even know who minny's qb is, and they finished 5th in the conference.

Bryan Cupito

12-28-2006, 03:21 PM

No mention of Kellen Lewis there. He is already a good QB. 2nd team freshman all-american. He has a great future ahead of him too.

keylime_5
12-28-2006, 06:12 PM

Even LSU with their pro QB has a bad offense. There isn't any real good offenses in the SEC like OSU or UM, or even one like Wisconsin that can run on most teams. The closest things are Florida (who can't run and is far from a great offense) and Arkansas (who can't throw and is still not really what I'd call a "great" offense really).

ThEvIcTR
12-28-2006, 10:05 PM
I dont want to split the National Championship so i'm going with the buckeyes. Ohio state is to powerful on offense and since florida cant run the ball leak will be gett pressured all game long.

Go Ohio State kick the **** out of these bi*ching ass punks.

37-20 Ohio State in an ass kicking.

BuckeyeNation27
12-29-2006, 07:43 AM
The Big Ten doesn't have that many great QB's either. There's a pretty big drop off after Smith and Henne.Nobody ever said "and that was against Big10 opponents" as if that's some Herculean task.

BuckeyeNation27
12-29-2006, 07:45 AM
I dont want to split the National Championship so i'm going with the buckeyes. Ohio state is to powerful on offense and since florida cant run the ball leak will be gett pressured all game long.

Go Ohio State kick the *********** out of these bi*ching ass punks.

37-20 Ohio State in an ass kicking.Split the NC? If Florida beats Ohio State (something Michigan couldn't do) then they deserve the NC. I don't understand why people think Michigan is going to somehow get a piece of the NC this year.

ThEvIcTR
12-29-2006, 12:49 PM
You must have not watched the 2003 national championship or the 1997 when we won. No one was expecting Nebraska to kill peyton mannings vols but that happened. And what if Florida wins controversially? Im not saying it will happen because we still would have to put big numbers up on USC. Their is still a chance that it can happen and I dont want that to happen.

keylime_5
12-30-2006, 10:20 PM
If Florida beats Ohio State (not gonna happen, hypothetical) then Michigan in no way shape or form can be higher than Ohio State in the polls.

ThEvIcTR
12-30-2006, 10:41 PM
That is what we thought about Florida, you lose your last game like we did that will hurt you in the polls. We will jump Ohio State if they lose and we beat USC.

keylime_5
12-31-2006, 10:17 AM
When Florida jumped Michigan it wasn't like they lost to Michigan earlier in the year. The voters aren't that dumb as to put Michigan ahead of OSU only 2 games after OSU beat Michigan. It is plain and simple that OSU proved they are the better team.....Michigan will be #2 only if they win and UF loses; #3 only if OSU loses and they win.

SouthernPride396
12-31-2006, 05:52 PM
When Florida jumped Michigan it wasn't like they lost to Michigan earlier in the year. The voters aren't that dumb as to put Michigan ahead of OSU only 2 games after OSU beat Michigan. It is plain and simple that OSU proved they are the better team.....Michigan will be #2 only if they win and UF loses; #3 only if OSU loses and they win.

These are poll voters, remember? There's no way to predict exactly what will happen, and they don't let little things like logic bother them.

keylime_5
12-31-2006, 11:49 PM
Yeah, It's not certain that what I said will happen.........but there's about a 95% shot of what I said being true if that situation arose.

NickBam
01-01-2007, 02:39 AM
Yeah, It's not certain that what I said will happen.........but there's about a 95% shot of what I said being true if that situation arose.

IF Florida wins (I don't think it has a shot at happening), then the polls SHOULD look like this, guessing Michigan wins too.

1. Florida
2. Ohio State
3. Michigan
4. LSU

MagnumGator
01-01-2007, 07:27 PM
So much for the split national championship. The voters got it right. God I wish I saved quotes from everyone on here about how Michigan was getting screwed so bad.

achilles109
01-01-2007, 07:40 PM
they're still on the board. I dont understand the "implications" of michigan losing, did it really change opinions about how good ohio state is or is this all for hype?

P-L
01-02-2007, 12:00 PM
So much for the split national championship. The voters got it right. God I wish I saved quotes from everyone on here about how Michigan was getting screwed so bad.

Wait until after the National Championship game to talk buddy. If Florida goes out and loses by 10+, then that doesn't prove they deserved it over Michigan.

NickBam
01-02-2007, 01:03 PM

Wait until after the National Championship game to talk buddy. If Florida goes out and loses by 10+, then that doesn't prove they deserved it over Michigan.

It will start the cry that Boise should have got the shot at Ohio State, though.

snuff
01-02-2007, 01:04 PM

It will start the cry that Boise should have got the shot at Ohio State, though.By like 5 people...

NickBam
01-02-2007, 01:12 PM

It will start the cry that Boise should have got the shot at Ohio State, though.By like 5 people...

The media will need something new to cry about in its effort to get a playoff.

sweetness34
01-02-2007, 08:52 PM
This game could get really ugly, really fast. Hands down Ohio State is the better team, there is no debating this.

I just hope the Buckeyes come out fired up and ready to play, unlike Michigan and not take this team for granted. UF is going to play inspired football being the underdog and seeing that no one is giving them a shot, so Ohio State just needs to bury them early.

My prediction.

Ohio State 34
Florida 17

NickBam
01-02-2007, 09:27 PM
This game could get really ugly, really fast. Hands down Ohio State is the better team, there is no debating this.

I just hope the Buckeyes come out fired up and ready to play, unlike Michigan and not take this team for granted. UF is going to play inspired football being the underdog and seeing that no one is giving them a shot, so Ohio State just needs to bury them early.

My prediction.

Ohio State 34
Florida 17

They'll be fired up. They have the best preperation coach in the game. Tressel is going to have the troops ready to go.

yodabear
01-02-2007, 11:37 PM
Jim Tressel>Lloyd Carr

NickBam
01-04-2007, 12:18 AM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/football/ncaa/01/03/ohio.gatormeat.ap/index.html?eref=fromMySIScreenServer

Thought this was a funny article.

Chucky
01-04-2007, 08:46 PM
OSU

Florida just isnt ready, in a couple years when Tebow is matured then maybe they will win the whole thing

01-05-2007, 10:29 PM
I smell upset

TheSchmidt
01-06-2007, 02:10 AM
Two things are going to kill UF. Inconsistency at QB and no running game. That and Troy Smith tearing up their defense.

Florida averages 160 rushing yards a game, I would call that a running game.

I guess it's good all those guys can't be on the field at the same time, eh.

How will Ohio State stop Dallas Baker, Andre Caldwell, Percy Harvin, Tim Tebow, Jemalle Cornelius, DeShawn Wynn, Cornelius Ingram and Chris Leak?

I can't name 1 QB who is worth anything outside of Russel, and he has his Leak-moments.

Andre Woodson (Kentucky)
Erik Ainge (Tennessee)
JaMarcus Russel (LSU)
Blake Mitchell (South Carolina)

Look for Florida to make big play on special teams, either it be a blocked kick or a kick return by Brandon James. I laught at all of you who say Florida doesn't have as much talent as Ohio State. You will be in for a big surprise come Monday Night.

danman253
01-06-2007, 03:46 AM
I can't name 1 QB who is worth anything outside of Russel, and he has his Leak-moments.

Andre Woodson (Kentucky)
Erik Ainge (Tennessee)
JaMarcus Russel (LSU)

This is a joke right. First of all, he said BESIDES RUSSELL. Read that first.

Also lets llok at you're other Qbs you listed.

Blake Mitchell: Benched halfway through the year for an ex-safety. Yep i want him

Erik Ainge: Most inconsistent QB around, and was pitiful in the outback. Another great gunslinger.

Woodson: Lets all jump on the bandwagon now that he beat Clemson! YAY!.

Jesus.

danman253
01-06-2007, 03:47 AM
I smell upset
I dont'. 34-20 OSU, won't be close.

TheSchmidt
01-07-2007, 11:04 AM

Andre Woodson (Kentucky)
Erik Ainge (Tennessee)
JaMarcus Russel (LSU)

This is a joke right. First of all, he said BESIDES RUSSELL. Read that first.

Also lets llok at you're other Qbs you listed.

Blake Mitchell: Benched halfway through the year for an ex-safety. Yep i want him

Erik Ainge: Most inconsistent QB around, and was pitiful in the outback. Another great gunslinger.

Woodson: Lets all jump on the bandwagon now that he beat Clemson! YAY!.

Jesus.

Andre Woodson threw for 3,515 yards this year with a 63% completion percentage along with 28 TD's and only 10 picks. Probably the most underrated QB in the country.

Erik Ainge also had a nice year by throwing for 2,989 yards with 19 TD's and 9 picks despite missing some time with an injury.

Thought Mitchell had a better year than what he did, however, John Parker Wilson is very solid as well. All these guys would wither be #2 or #3 QB in the Big 10.