PDA

View Full Version : Jimmy Kennedy a Bronco

CT Bronco Fan
06-08-2007, 11:19 AM
After a couple of frustrating seasons in St. Louis, former first-round choice Jimmy Kennedy was traded by the Rams to the Denver Broncos for what is believed to be a sixth-round pick.

Kennedy, a first-round pick in 2003, is a 6-foot-4, 325-pound former Penn State star whom the Rams hoped would solidify the interior of their defensive line. Over the past two seasons, though, they've had trouble getting Kennedy to conform to the team's style of defense. They wanted him to be more of a run-stopper; he wanted to shoot the gap and try to disrupt offenses.

The Broncos were a good fit for Kennedy because they want to get bigger along the defensive line. The other day, the Broncos signed defensive tackle Sam Adams. Now, Kennedy will be thrown into the mix.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2897672

NGSeiler
06-08-2007, 11:35 AM
Yeah, good luck with that. :-\

CT Bronco Fan
06-08-2007, 01:12 PM
6th round pick, not to big of a deal. gives us a big body to work into our DT rotation, however, with Adams / Warren and McKinley / Thomas. Kennedy might not see too much time in the rotation. I think he will make the roster, or we wouldn't of traded for him. The only problem I have with this trade is Kennedy will take away from Marcus Thomas playtime, which I am not a big fan of.

JCutlery
06-08-2007, 05:34 PM
Being crowded on the defensive line isn't a bad thing. I'm sure Shanny will weed-out whomever isn't playing up to their ability.

Jimmy
06-08-2007, 06:14 PM
this is ********.

NGSeiler
06-09-2007, 02:32 PM
gives us a big body to work into our DT rotation

Except he doesn't play like he knows he has a big body.