PDA

View Full Version : LOL @ People Saying LJ is done

Splat
06-08-2007, 08:39 PM
Does any one else think this is really getting old the guy will be 27 not 37 I know he got the ball a lot last year but look at this.

Career carries

LT - 2050

Alexander - 1969

Portis - 1385

Larry Johnson - 892

Do I think LJ will play ten years no he is going to have a Christian Okoye type of career but he has three or four pro bowl type of years left and maybe a year or two of just good years after that left IMO.

draftguru151
06-08-2007, 08:47 PM
It's the fact that RBs don't do well after 400 carry seasons, and LJ just broke the record for carries in a year. It's not about carries over a career, it's about carries in one season. RBs can't take that type of wear multiple times. That and the OL really dropping the last few years really hurt. I think LJ can still be a 1200-1300 yard back, but I doubt he will average over 4 ypc.

Splat
06-08-2007, 08:51 PM
1500 yards no less book it they will have to drag LJ off the field you don't know how bad this guy wants to be the best.

draftguru151
06-08-2007, 08:53 PM
He better be ready for another 400 carry season then.

Splat
06-08-2007, 08:58 PM
He better be ready for another 400 carry season then.

Our #2 RB was hurt all year long last year and our #3 RB was Dee Brown thats right Dee Brown who (?) we had not choice to but to give LJ the rock he will still carry the load but not 400 times. The plan is to give Kolby Smith rookie from Louisville the ball some as well as Michael Bennett if the man can not pull his ham string for once. We have depth at RB this year we had none last year LJ won't get the ball 400 times this year.

draftguru151
06-08-2007, 09:02 PM
Then he won't get 1500 yards. I don't care how bad he wants it, behind that OL, with Croyle at QB and after the season he just went through, he won't get that many yards without a boat load of carries.

Splat
06-08-2007, 09:10 PM
Our line is not great I agree but we are still pretty solid in the middle were Herm likes to run the ball we have Brian Waters at LG Casey Wiegmann at C and John Welbourn at RG. I know teams will load up with eight in the box but they did that all of last year and he still got 1700 plus yards. The guy is in better shape this year then he was last year he went out and got the trainer that worked with Tiki Barber and has been working with him all of the off season dude is a beast. I'm not saying he is super human or any thing I'm just saying it is a little early for people to be saying he is done at 27 years old going in to his 5th season.

draftguru151
06-08-2007, 09:33 PM
He may be able to put up those numbers, but it is very unlikely. I know a lot of backs haven't had 400 carries but only Dickerson was able to do anything after the 400 carry season.

Here is a very good article about players with 375+ carries. This is only 375, not a record number of carries in a year.

http://footballoutsiders.com/index.php?p=4764

kmartin575
06-08-2007, 11:22 PM
The only thing stopping LJ from having another 1,500+ season is injury. He has never been injured so I don't see him starting now.

villagewarrior
06-09-2007, 11:46 AM
I don't know who's been saying LJ is done, that's not the case. However, if we want to use LJ long term he shouldn't carry the ball 400 times again. I don't know if LJ will suffer a serious injury, but I do believe he will get pretty dinged up this year. He may not finish every game, and I wouldn't be surprised if he missed a game or two. One of the other backs must step up.

Gridiron
06-09-2007, 12:34 PM
Our #2 RB was hurt all year long last year and our #3 RB was Dee Brown thats right Dee Brown who (?) we had not choice to but to give LJ the rock he will still carry the load but not 400 times. The plan is to give Kolby Smith rookie from Louisville the ball some as well as Michael Bennett if the man can not pull his ham string for once. We have depth at RB this year we had none last year LJ won't get the ball 400 times this year.
Tell that to Curtis Martin.

adschofield
06-09-2007, 01:54 PM
LJ has a couple years left in him...I don't think anyone was saying that he was done, but they wouldn't have mind if he was traded because RB's are easy to find.

Splat
06-09-2007, 03:05 PM
Tell that to Curtis Martin.

Martin played 12 seasons that is a long time for a NFL RB the most carries Martin had in one season was 371 LJ will not touch the ball 400 times year in and year out.

Hermstheman83
06-11-2007, 06:46 PM
That's not a very conclusive study on carries in the NFL. If you were in my Biological Research class you would get slapped and laughed at.
It's understandable that his play will be diminished as he ages, that's an inevitable fact of life gentlemen. I also have a vendetta against people who think Herm edwards ruins' RB's carreers. I remember LJ going on national television saying that he is just "getting warmed up" at 25 carries. Now i don't know how much of that is arrogance or what, but LJ is a very, very tough guy and runs with alot of anger. I am just hoping we get a deal struck with him. I mean, if KC's offense is a 6 cylinder engine, LJ is like four of those cylinders.

BPhilb
06-11-2007, 09:24 PM
That's not a very conclusive study on carries in the NFL. If you were in my Biological Research class you would get slapped and laughed at.
It's understandable that his play will be diminished as he ages, that's an inevitable fact of life gentlemen. I also have a vendetta against people who think Herm edwards ruins' RB's carreers. I remember LJ going on national television saying that he is just "getting warmed up" at 25 carries. Now i don't know how much of that is arrogance or what, but LJ is a very, very tough guy and runs with alot of anger. I am just hoping we get a deal struck with him. I mean, if KC's offense is a 6 cylinder engine, LJ is like four of those cylinders.

On Sirius radio this morning they had a clip from Peterson saying that they are gonig to try to get something done fairly soon. I too hope they get him locked up, but I'm a bit nervous about the 8 year deal he is asking for. If he would happen to get hurt that's a long time to be taking a cap hit.

Hermstheman83
06-12-2007, 02:30 AM
Yea, I'm not sure what would be a fair deal. 6 years maybe? Also, in terms of durability, how many games has Johnson missed? Assuming the huge amount of carries he's had in such a short span, surely he'd miss some action....that doesn't show when you look at his Bio(nfl.com)

bored of education
06-13-2007, 08:05 PM
good read on chiefs front page on LJ

Phrost
06-16-2007, 04:58 AM
If you guys could get a mid-high first for him, I say go for it.

fryman
06-24-2007, 03:05 PM
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/SmitEm00.htm

also keep in mind that is just regular season stats. He did go over 400 a year with post season games very early in his career.