PDA

View Full Version : Moses' Mock Draft (Dec. 5, 2006)

Moses
12-05-2006, 08:08 PM
Moses' Mock Draft
December 5, 2006

1. Detroit Lions :: Brady Quinn - Quarterback - Senior - Notre Dame

2. Oakland Raiders :: Calvin Johnson - Wide Receiver - Junior - Georgia Tech

3. Arizona Cardinals :: Joe Thomas - Offensive Tackle - Senior - Wisconsin

4. Tampa Bay Buccaneers :: Gaines Adams - Defensive End - Senior - Clemson

5. Green Bay Packers :: Adrian Peterson - Runningback - Junior - Oklahoma

6. Washington Redskins :: Alan Branch - Defensive Tackle - Junior - Michigan

7. Houston Texans :: Leon Hall - Cornerback - Senior - Michigan

8. Cleveland Browns :: Darrelle Revis - Cornerback - Junior - Pittsburgh

9. Minnesota Vikings :: Dwayne Jarrett - Wide Receiver - Junior - USC

10. St. Louis Rams :: Amobi Okoye - Defensive Tackle - Senior - Louisville

11. San Francisco 49ers :: Marcus McCauley - Cornerback - Senior - Fresno St.

12. Miami Dolphins :: Sam Baker - Offensive Tackle - Junior - USC

13. Pittsburgh Steelers :: Jake Long - Offensive Tackle - Junior - Michigan

14. Buffalo Bills :: DeMarcus Tyler - Defensive Tackle - Senior - North Carolina St.

15. Tennessee Titans :: Quentin Moses - Defensive End - Senior - Georgia

16. Atlanta Falcons :: LaRon Landry - Safety - Senior - L.S.U.

17. Carolina Panthers :: Reggie Nelson - Safety - Junior - Florida

18. Philadelphia Eagles :: Patrick Willis - Linebacker - Senior - Ole Miss

19. New York Giants :: Marshawn Lynch - Runningback - Junior - California

20. New York Jets :: LaMarr Woodley - Defensive End - Senior - Michigan

21. Kansas City Chiefs :: Ted Ginn Jr. - Wide Receiver - Junior - Ohio St.

22. Jacksonville Jaguars :: Paul Posluszny - Outside Linebacker - Senior - Penn St.

23. Denver Broncos :: Quinn Pitcock - Defensive Tackle - Senior - Ohio St.

24. Cincinnati Bengals :: Victor Abiamiri - Defensive End - Senior - Notre Dame

25. New England Patriots :: Antoine Cason - Cornerback - Junior - Arizona St.

26. Dallas Cowboys :: Levi Brown - Offensive Tackle - Senior - Penn St.

27. New Orleans Saints :: H.B. Blades - Inside Linebacker - Senior - Pittsburgh

28. Baltimore Ravens :: Justin Blalock - Guard - Senior - Texas

29. New England Patriots :: Anthony Spencer - Defensive End - Senior - Purdue

30. San Diego Chargers :: Michael Griffin - Safety - Senior - Texas

31. Chicago Bears :: Rufus Alexander - Outside Linebacker - Senior - Oklahoma

32. Indianapolis Colts :: Earl Everrett - Outside Linebacker - Senior - Florida

TitleTown088
12-05-2006, 08:10 PM
if the pack gets AP i'll give it an A+++++++

The Unseen
12-05-2006, 08:10 PM
Poz?

Meh...I don't like it.

Moses
12-05-2006, 08:11 PM
Poz?

Meh...I don't like it.

Care to explain why? The Jaguards clearly have a need at linebacker and he is the best available.

JT Jag
12-05-2006, 08:13 PM
Poz?

Meh...I don't like it.

Care to explain why? The Jaguards clearly have a need at linebacker and he is the best available.Explain how the Jaguards clearly have a need at linebacker to me, if you will.

I certainly don't see it. They could use depth, but they don't need a starter.

The Unseen
12-05-2006, 08:17 PM
Poz?

Meh...I don't like it.

Care to explain why? The Jaguards clearly have a need at linebacker and he is the best available.

Clint Ingram is looking like the real deal. The only real question is if Mike Peterson can return to top form for next year. Perhaps the only need is a capable back-up to groom for next year, but that may be for next year's draft.

Moses
12-05-2006, 08:20 PM
Poz?

Meh...I don't like it.

Care to explain why? The Jaguards clearly have a need at linebacker and he is the best available.Explain how the Jaguards clearly have a need at linebacker to me, if you will.

I certainly don't see it. They could use depth, but they don't need a starter.

The Jaguars lack talent at the position. Ingram/Peterson/Smith isn't a very strong combination and as you mentioned, there is absolutely no depth.

Smooth Criminal
12-05-2006, 08:27 PM
I like the pick. I really want Jarrett but with him being gone in your draft Long would probably be my next pick.

JT Jag
12-05-2006, 08:28 PM
Poz?

Meh...I don't like it.

I certainly don't see it. They could use depth, but they don't need a starter.The Jaguars lack talent at the position. Ingram/Peterson/Smith isn't a very strong combination and as you mentioned, there is absolutely no depth.Popular assumption by Jaguars fans is that the combo would be Peterson/Smith/Ingram, with Smith in the middle.

That IS a strong combo, and it'll likely be the best linebacking corps the team has had since the "Hardy Boys" (Kevin Hardy and Hardy Nickerson) roamed the field.

All three of those players run 4.6 or better 40s, and if Peterson was moved over to the Weakside spot, his natural position, it'd give the team the playmaker in space that it hasn't for years linebacking for them.

There isn't a weak link among those three players. I'd be fine if the team drafted a OLB in the mid-rounds AS A PROJECT, but besides that, WE DON'T NEED A STARTER.

The Unseen
12-05-2006, 08:30 PM
Poz?

Meh...I don't like it.

I certainly don't see it. They could use depth, but they don't need a starter.The Jaguars lack talent at the position. Ingram/Peterson/Smith isn't a very strong combination and as you mentioned, there is absolutely no depth.Popular assumption by Jaguars fans is that the combo would be Peterson/Smith/Ingram, with Smith in the middle.

That IS a strong combo, and it'll likely be the best linebacking corps the team has had since the "Hardy Boys" (Kevin Hardy and Hardy Nickerson) roamed the field.

All three of those players run 4.6 or better 40s, and if Peterson was moved over to the Weakside spot, his natural position, it'd give the team the playmaker in space that it hasn't for years linebacking for them.

There isn't a weak link among those three players. I'd be fine if the team drafted a OLB in the mid-rounds AS A PROJECT, but besides that, WE DON'T NEED A STARTER.

He brings up a good point about depth, though. However, I agree that we shouldn't seek depth in the first. I'd wait until later rounds or FA.

miamichamp_305
12-05-2006, 08:42 PM
I like the Fins getting Baker, I really don't see any holes in that draft. A.

Nitschke-Hawk
12-05-2006, 08:48 PM
I haven't seen a mock draft without the Packers getting Peterson or Lynch (besides Scott Wright's latest) in a looooong time.

DWhitner20
12-05-2006, 08:52 PM
Do you really think Okoye and Tyler leap that far up?

T-RICH49
12-05-2006, 09:40 PM
21. Kansas City Chiefs :: Ted Ginn Jr. - Wide Receiver - Junior - Ohio St.

Awesome.He can replace Dante on punt returns

defensiveback23
12-05-2006, 09:45 PM
I'm a fan of Griffin and think he would be a great fit for the Chargers. I don't think we will draft a S in the 1st round unless we cut Terrence Kiel for his drug dealing charges. AJ Smith always talks about how he loves character so Kiel has a good chance at unemployment after the season and Griffin would be a great canidate to fill in at S.

aNYtitan
12-05-2006, 10:45 PM
15. Tennessee Titans :: Quentin Moses - Defensive End - Senior - Georgia

Im sorry but Reggie Nelson and Ted Ginn Jr. are both better picks then Moses, with me personally a bigger fan of Teddy Ginn Jr.

NGSeiler
12-05-2006, 10:51 PM
10. St. Louis Rams :: Amobi Okoye - Defensive Tackle - Senior - Louisville

Interesting pick. The Rams certainly need help at DT, but I'm not sure I view Okoye's stock as being this high right now. Maybe it will be come April, who knows.

Moses
12-05-2006, 11:10 PM
Do you really think Okoye and Tyler leap that far up?

Yes. Okoye has been shooting up draft boards after having a great season. Also, people are very interested in his athleticism and potential.

Tyler had a great season and with a solid combine should be a 1st round pick.

Oaktown1981
12-05-2006, 11:15 PM
Calvin Johnson is a good pick but I would rather have Adrian Peterson. LaMont Jordan sin't the answer he is so slow and not a RB that can take over a game.

Raiders haven't had a great RB since Bo Jackson, Marcus Allen. I know there will be a need for a WR is Moss, Porter are gone but they could draft a WR later in the draft or Trade Moss and pick up a WR late in round 1.

Raiders need to address the OL in free agency and build the tema around a stud RB like Peterson.

IMO

Flyboy
12-06-2006, 01:05 AM
I like the pick for the Saints... although, I don't know who I'd rather have: Blades or Alexander?

12-06-2006, 03:09 AM
With Troy Williamson being drafted 2 years ago at 7 and providing this team with zero production....combined with Brad Childress coming from an Andy Reid mindset of draft skill position players after round 1....I just don't see us taking Ted Ginn Jr, Dewayne Jarret or trading up to draft a Calvin Johnson.

Plus we're most likely going to win 3 more games ...which will keep us out of the playoffs by one game and having us pick around 20th...again.
We Viking faithful see this sh!t every year.

A more likely scenario would be for us to take
Patrick Willis (Ideally he'd be there at 20, realistically he's gone at 15)
or
H.B. Blades...I don't see him being able to transition into an NFL Tampa 2 the way I believe Willis can...but Blades has shown over the last 2 seasons that he's an athlete with "football skillz".

The other option I see is "Puz" Paul Posluszny from PSU.

Any of the above 3 fills our gaping need for athletic ...yet knowledgeable LB'ers (Sorry Nap Harris and E.J. Henderson)

If we go offense it would be someone like Jake Long who'd never be around at 20 , or Sam Baker (but he's a LT and we already shelled out huge money to that worthless McKinney) And could he be that RT we desperately need ? who knows.

We'll go WR...but not til round 3 at the earliest ...Steve Smith might be intreguing.

..also a pass catching TE like Matt Spaeth would just rock...but I believe that after the combine he could be a legit early 3rd rounder.

..of course the season's still going on ...so there's lots that can still happen.

12-06-2006, 05:58 AM
Good Colts and Cardinals picks.

disgruntledjetsfan
12-06-2006, 10:20 AM
I like the Jets pick, woodley would help a lot.

FloridaFootball
12-06-2006, 10:57 AM
The Washington Redskins won't select a DT. We need a DE, two of our DE's are over 30 (Phillip Daniels and Renaldo Wynn) and at the DT spot we drafted Kedric Golston in the 6th round and is playing very good, he has had multiple pass deflections in the past weeks and stuffs running holes and gets to the QB, a real diamond in the rough for us. We won't go after DT, only DE or CB.

Titans_Dynasty85
12-06-2006, 11:42 AM
HORRIBLE TITANS PICK!!! We would go for either Tedd Ginn Jr. or LaRon Landry.

Moses
12-06-2006, 01:07 PM
The Washington Redskins won't select a DT. We need a DE, two of our DE's are over 30 (Phillip Daniels and Renaldo Wynn) and at the DT spot we drafted Kedric Golston in the 6th round and is playing very good, he has had multiple pass deflections in the past weeks and stuffs running holes and gets to the QB, a real diamond in the rough for us. We won't go after DT, only DE or CB.

No defensive end is worth the 6th pick other than Gaines Adams (who is gone at that point). It came down to either Branch or Hall. I went with Branch because he's a better value at that point.

Moses
12-06-2006, 01:07 PM

No defensive end is worth the 6th pick other than Gaines Adams (who is gone at that point). It came down to either Branch or Hall. I went with Branch because he's a better value at that point.

Moses
12-06-2006, 01:09 PM