PDA

View Full Version : do you play with/against anyone who is being recruited?

rainbeaukid2
06-10-2007, 01:54 AM
just wondering as i found it kinda cool that our MLB, Patrick Larimore(3 star prospect) has already comitted to UCLA for 08 and we played another UCLA 08 comittee in E.J. Woods from Crespi in passing league today.

anyone else play with or against anyone who is being heavily recruited?

bwillie26
06-10-2007, 03:45 AM
Already out of HS, but I did play against Heath Miller in HS.

He was a senior when I was just a freshman. Dude was a freakin' MONSTER of a quarterback (yes, he was a quarterback in HS). I caught him on a bootleg once, chasing him to the sideline. Guy could've easily turned upfield and outran me, since I was a 250lbs defensive tackle. Instead, he lowered his shoulder and planted my a** in the dirt. Was by far, the hardest I had ever been hit.

You would think that guy is just a bit unathletic watching him play football, but that is far from the truth. In his senior year of HS, he switched from 1st base to shortstop in baseball. Made the move easy and was a slick fielding shortstop. Could've easily been a draftee in baseball. I think he struck out maybe 3-4 times in his 4 years in baseball as well.

Scary good athlete.

23trufant
06-10-2007, 05:06 PM
Played with and am freinds with Braden Hanson, QB from NC. He is highly recruited 4 star. About the 6th rated QB on scout.com

elway777
06-10-2007, 05:12 PM
Bryshon Nellum(track phenom,WR) lives across the street from me, and I play basketball with him at the gym.

BUSTKUNTLAWL
06-10-2007, 05:53 PM
Jake Christenson - Iowa QB
Dave Molk - Michigan OL recruit
Aaron Nagel - ND recruit
Brett Nagel - bunch of offers
Coby Fleener - TE Stanford Recruit
Graham Pocic - Tons of offers OL recruit.

Among others who are getting some interest like Gordon Kickles, Bobby Ernest, Willie Hayes, etc..

All on the same pop warner team.. Pretty stacked team if you ask me.

rainbeaukid2
06-10-2007, 10:22 PM
on my team are also
-Delano Howell(3 star on scout.com)
-BR Holbrook(invited to Army all-star game)

i have played against
-Shane Vereen RB/CB Valencia(full-ride to CAL)
-Darrell Scott RB St. Bonaventure(#1 recruit on scout.com)
-Vaughn Dotsy OT St. Bonaventure(3 star on scout.com)
-Milton Knox RB Birmingham(4 star recruit on scout)
-AJ Wallerstein OG Canyon(3 star recruit on scout)
-Michael Herrick QB Valencia(Ole Miss QB)
-Joseph Fauria TE Crespi(full-ride to Notre Dame, 5-star recruit)
-Shane Moleen RB Mission Viejo(RB, UCLA)

...and many more, it is actually kind of cool to say that i played against all of these great players

djp
06-11-2007, 10:41 AM
my friend is the #37 ranked player in the nation for the 2009 basketball class

Zyro_1014
06-11-2007, 01:53 PM
Last Season i played with

Carson York who was the #8 OT in the nation on scout, although i didnt think he deserved it cuz he kinda blew. just HUGE. (going to oregon.)

Brandon Hanna who was the 15th ranked MLB absolute animal, was an even better running back. had 150 rushing yards in our state championship (going to oregon)

Also been playing with Byron Hout since my freshmen year. Hes been an all state defensive end his soph, and junior years and won All State player of the year last year as a junior, but because of his size hes switching to Middle linebacker this year. hasnt played a down at linebacker but hes already got 5 offers, best one is washington right now, but AZ State is coming soon and so is Oregon. Kid is an absolute STUD. Check him out on Scout. Had 85 tackles and like 6 punt blocks as a soph, and then 87 tackles and 12 sacks with a punt block his junior year.

jbeans187
06-11-2007, 02:27 PM
I ve played against, had a camp with, or seen play in person. Now that i look at this list im amazed at some of the people ive competed against

Adrian Clayborn - Iowa - 4 star
Paul Chaney - Iowa
Jeremy Maclin - Mizzou, returned 2 punts against us - 4 star
Blaine Gabbert - Nebraska commit - 4 star
Logan Gray - Georgia - 4 star
Wes Kemp - undecided
Munir Prince - Notre Dame - 3 star
Keith Williams - Nebraska - 3 star
Aron White - Georgia - 4 star, #1 TE on rivals for 2007
Lamark Brown - K State - 4 star
Marvin McNutt - Iowa - 3 star, best high school athlete ive ever seen
AJ Jimmerson - Michigan St
Jairus Byrd - Oregon - Freshman All American at DB, but was an amazing QB
Taylor Bennett - G Tech - Was not that good, no one in the St. Louis area understood how he got a D1 scholarship offer, but hes making the best of it
Will Franklin - Mizzou - Saw him play basketball in high school he put the ball through his legs and reverse dunk it
Will Paul - Michigan
Rolandis Woodland - Mizzou commit - 3 star

Jonny
06-12-2007, 10:25 AM
Any thoughts on Hansen?

Given that it's a down year for QBs and Rutgers needs one badly, they've offered seemingly every QB in the East. I heard he was a UNC lean but they need to nab one of them somehow.

23trufant
06-14-2007, 08:46 PM
Any thoughts on Hansen?

Given that it's a down year for QBs and Rutgers needs one badly, they've offered seemingly every QB in the East. I heard he was a UNC lean but they need to nab one of them somehow.

Everyone seems to think he is leaning to UNC but he is pretty opened at this point. He wants to visit all the schools. He really liked Alabama and Saban but they have yet to offer. I would say Rutgers has chance but since he isnt all that familiar with it Im not sure. He just visited it though, but I have not talked to him about it.

He has a huge arm and great accuracy. He doesnt play against top notch schools though because he goes to a smaller private school. He has also had the benefit of playing with good WRs. He has all the physical tools and really understands the game. I would like to see how he faired against greater competiton because in NC last year he threw for about 20 more TDs than anyone else. He deserves all the credit he gets but he will have to work hard to be a D1 QB and I think he will. I dont see him coming in as a freshman and starting so Rutgers better have someone who can play until he is ready if he decides to go there.

Jonny
06-16-2007, 06:14 PM
Yeah, QB is locked up for the next two years, but the depth chart is empty after that. Make sure to tell him that any commit to Rutgers this year will probably be a 3-year starter :)

islandboy843
06-16-2007, 06:17 PM
I played against A.J Green.

BufFan71
06-16-2007, 08:41 PM
i played against the 3 star recruit DT Ian Williams who commited to ND....
and i just got back from a UCF Camp where Matt Patchan (5 star recruit) was there....

that kid is a giant sissy though, he was crying after he lost a tug-of-war competition that the Offensive line coach for UCF had the o-linemen doing

SuperKevin
06-19-2007, 02:41 PM
My cousin Austin Champlain is an OL/DL in California who has recieved interest from Oregon, Utah, UNLV, Fresno State, and SDSU

volman88
06-21-2007, 12:41 PM
Already out of HS, but I did play against Heath Miller in HS.

He was a senior when I was just a freshman. Dude was a freakin' MONSTER of a quarterback (yes, he was a quarterback in HS). I caught him on a bootleg once, chasing him to the sideline. Guy could've easily turned upfield and outran me, since I was a 250lbs defensive tackle. Instead, he lowered his shoulder and planted my a** in the dirt. Was by far, the hardest I had ever been hit.

You would think that guy is just a bit unathletic watching him play football, but that is far from the truth. In his senior year of HS, he switched from 1st base to shortstop in baseball. Made the move easy and was a slick fielding shortstop. Could've easily been a draftee in baseball. I think he struck out maybe 3-4 times in his 4 years in baseball as well.

Scary good athlete.

My cousin played basketball against him. What school did you go to?

rainbeaukid2
06-21-2007, 11:52 PM
today in a passing league i played notre dame high school who has anthony macdonald(4 star on rivals;comitted to notre dame) at MLB and dayne crist(4 star on rivals;also comitted to notre dame) at QB. macdonald was a dick and repeatedly threw me to the ground for no reason. crist seemed way overrated as he threw numerous picks to our D.

also, donovan carter(3 star on rivals) was MLB for birmingham, who we played last week

themaninblack
06-22-2007, 12:30 AM
recruits i've played with/against(don't know their rankings or anything)
Devier Posey,WR
Riley Dunlop, WR
Kyle Rudolf, TE
Jeff Rieskamp, DE
Eugene Clifford,S
Revelle Sadler, CB
Ben Martin, DE/LB
Adam Myers-White S/LB
Tyler Moeller, LB
Cobrani Mixon, LB
Rick Schmieg, OL(just committed to Purdue)
Tirdell Byrd, DT
Alex Albright, DE
Curtis Meyers, DE
Jeff King, DT
Frank Becker, OL/DT
Spencer Smith, LB/FB
Connor Smith, OL
Mister Simpson, FB
Dominic Goodman, QB/WR

some of those guys are bigger names than others but they all play D1 football or are going to this upcoming season.

YAYareaRB
06-22-2007, 01:38 AM
Bryshon Nellum(track phenom,WR) lives across the street from me, and I play basketball with him at the gym.

Kids a beast.. I watched him at State, It was like God in spikes.

jballa838
06-22-2007, 11:03 PM
anyone heard of Demitrius Bronson?

Green Bay Scat
06-23-2007, 04:33 AM
lets see, I played with Kevin Bemoll, Greg Peat, Ryan Williams Nick Reed, any good true Freshman that went to Mission Viejo in 2001. P.T. Gates, Jess Beets, Nick Nelson, Jesse Lee. I played against Alex Parsons, anyone in the Seaview league from 2002-2005. anyone in the mission conference from 2006-07(JC) oh and ive talked to Warren G, and have help his son in FB, and have seen the Pierce(Antonio) Kids play football, and they call ball really good.

kalbears13
06-23-2007, 10:20 AM
I play against Mike Tyson's son who's surprisingly pretty good but plays for a crappy team.

I have to wear earmuffs under my helmet.

HoopsDemon12
06-23-2007, 10:35 AM

i looked at scout and none of the 09 guys are ranked yet and then rivals i could not seem to get it.... a name would be cool?

Primetime21
06-24-2007, 02:47 PM
I just played against a couple of good recruits at my last camp. This is there rankings in Northwest.
# 27http://scout.theinsiders.com/a.z?s=73&p=8&c=1&nid=3008198
# 21http://scout.theinsiders.com/a.z?s=73&p=8&c=1&nid=3011185
#83 http://scout.theinsiders.com/a.z?s=73&p=8&c=1&nid=2554834

V. Young
08-20-2007, 09:46 PM
I tackled jonas gray in a scrimmage once, realy hard to take him down. Hes solid.

Ho0k Em'
08-20-2007, 10:13 PM
Big T

http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=54819

One of my best female friends went with him for like 5 months.

http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=66204

both just beast

Zyro_1014
08-21-2007, 04:18 PM
I just played against a couple of good recruits at my last camp. This is there rankings in Northwest.
# 27http://scout.theinsiders.com/a.z?s=73&p=8&c=1&nid=3008198
# 21http://scout.theinsiders.com/a.z?s=73&p=8&c=1&nid=3011185
#83 http://scout.theinsiders.com/a.z?s=73&p=8&c=1&nid=2554834

thats awesome man, i play with Hout, hes definately a stud. he plays middle linebacker for us. how did he do while you were there?

Brent
08-21-2007, 04:25 PM
I ran track with Emmanuel Moody. He was soph when I was a senior.

neko4
08-21-2007, 06:31 PM
We played EJ Manuel's team last year for homcoming and we beat'em in the last seconds.

yo123
09-03-2007, 07:19 PM

If you mean Rodney Williams he is a beast. I watched him play my friends AAU team and he had 5 dunks, threw one off the backboard to himself and a couple of 360 slams.

scottyboy
09-03-2007, 07:21 PM
I played basketball with QB/S Steve Zrowka. he's gonna be a junior this year, but was being recruited by Penn State freshman year. he transfered this year to St. Peter's Prep to throw to Will Hill

Hines
09-15-2007, 11:33 PM
i played agaisnt everson griffen in a passing game last summer..and i play with kenny barnes de goin to arizona next year

also i played against one of the best backs in the state of arizona shane mccallum who will be goin places next year as he is only a junior

M.O.T.H.
09-23-2007, 12:12 AM
Played against 4 star CB Jared Holley in High School. I cant believe he is a 4 star...shut him down every year. He's overrated. 4.48? hmm...

skeet3r
09-29-2007, 12:34 PM
http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=68591&sport=1

http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=68592&sport=1

Know both of these guys, go to high school with them

Donno
09-29-2007, 09:24 PM
I remember watching our high school play against James Mongomery, 2nd string RB for Cal this year.

jballa838
09-29-2007, 11:17 PM
Played against 4 star CB Jared Holley in High School. I cant believe he is a 4 star...shut him down every year. He's overrated. 4.48? hmm...
how do you shut down a corner?

Hines
09-29-2007, 11:18 PM

he plays rb as well

M.O.T.H.
09-29-2007, 11:27 PM

He was a running back. He didnt play corner until this year. On offense he's been playing QB and RB. He's not really that good.

jballa838
09-29-2007, 11:33 PM
He was a running back. He didnt play corner until this year. On offense he's been playing QB and RB. He's not really that good.

he plays rb as well
oh ok i get it now

M.O.T.H.
09-29-2007, 11:38 PM
The Rb they had before him was much better, Ovid Goulbourne...he's LB at West Virginia now. I really am quite surprised he's a 4 star prospect.

Hines
09-29-2007, 11:50 PM
The Rb they had before him was much better, Ovid Goulbourne...he's LB at West Virginia now. I really am quite surprised he's a 4 star prospect.

moth wat school and year you graduate from

M.O.T.H.
09-29-2007, 11:57 PM
moth wat school and year you graduate from

Phillipsburg 06...his school was our rival school.

Hines
09-30-2007, 12:02 AM
Phillipsburg 06...his school was our rival school.

did yall go 12-0 that year and wat was your number

M.O.T.H.
09-30-2007, 12:20 AM
did yall go 12-0 that year and wat was your number

My school did...I got injured in the beginning of my Jr. year. Couldnt play Sr. year. I was originally #33 but, i gave it to my friend Keith...so I went to #27 because, it was free. I'm glad to say I never played for Coach Stem...haha. a-hole. My school blows this year.

What school do you play for? You still play right?

Hines
09-30-2007, 12:23 AM
My school did...I got injured in the beginning of my Jr. year. Couldnt play Sr. year. I was originally #33 but, i gave it to my friend Keith...so I went to #27 because, it was free. I'm glad to say I never played for Coach Stem...haha. a-hole. My school blows this year.

What school do you play for? You still play right?

i play for kellis high school
we are 2-3

M.O.T.H.
09-30-2007, 12:24 AM
i play for kellis high school
we are 2-3

you start?

Hines
09-30-2007, 12:25 AM
you start?

no =(

i am hoping to play though sometime this year
haha

M.O.T.H.
09-30-2007, 12:26 AM
no =(

i am hoping to play though sometime this year
haha

haha...it's all good...I'm sure you'll get in.

Green Bay Scat
09-30-2007, 12:29 AM
i dont know who to say, but like i said last year, im played With Jess Beets(Kentucky) PT Gates and Nick Nelson(Colorado) and who knows what this year

M.O.T.H.
09-30-2007, 12:37 AM
Not exactly related but, my best friend had a career day last week for Bethany college. 3 tackles...career high...haha...he never even got 3 in a game in high school. haha. congrats.

He didnt get to play against Thiel today, though...I think he may have gotten hurt. Havent talked to him in a couple of days.

jbombul
10-21-2007, 07:58 PM
well this is a little off topic but my highschool team played against obi ezeh mlb from michigan he was a 240 lb running back n a load to bring down they killed us in the first round of the state playoffs dude had something like 250 rushing yards against us i popped him good once but he got me back later but kids a beast

P-L
10-21-2007, 08:05 PM
well this is a little off topic but my highschool team played against obi ezeh mlb from michigan he was a 240 lb running back n a load to bring down they killed us in the first round of the state playoffs dude had something like 250 rushing yards against us i popped him good once but he got me back later but kids a beast
Michigan DB Charles Stewart ripped my HS a new one when he played both ways. I think he had close to 200 yards and multiple TD's.

bernbabybern820
10-22-2007, 11:38 AM
I know this was four years ago but a teammate of mine blind sided B.J. Raji and made him fly up and back five yards. The hit caused my teammates forehead to bleed. He still had a great game swallowing the rbs but ive never seen a 300 pound man fly like that. The guy who made the hit was no more than 210 pounds.

J52
10-24-2007, 11:49 AM
So Fla boy so my list is pretty extensive;

Antone Smith(FSU RB)
Preston Parker(FSU WR)
Karnell Hatcher(Atlantic High Safety, 4 star recruit this year)
Jarret Brown(WV QB)
Jetavious Best(WV RB)
Steve Dell(Pittsburgh LB)
Kendrick Ellis(South Carolina DT)
Tyler Rice(Duke DE)
??? Lebisher(?) (Duke TE)
Brandon Heath(Louisville WR(?))
Orlando Franklin(Miami Oline)
Markus White(Rutgers DE)
Cordero Drummand(FAU RB)
DeAndre Morgan(NCState CB)
Matt Speed(Illinois RB)
James Pinkney(East Carolina QB) The guy who gave his shoes to Calvin Johnson so that he could run his 40 at the NFL combine last year.
Robinson Alexis(Rutgers WR)
Jeff Blanchard(FAU RB)
Nate Nord(Louisville commit, 3star TE)

Plenty more but I'm too lazy to keep going.

Don Vito
10-24-2007, 11:59 AM
I am a freshman in college now but I played against some Massachusetts talent whether it was in games, scrimmages, or camps.

I went up against Mansfield, MA DE/TE Corey Eason (now at BC as a DE) who was a rivals 250 member a year ago, He goes about 6-5 270 and he can move, I heare he may be transferring out of BC.

My team played against QB/WR/DB Josh Adams from Cambridge, MA. He is a rivals 100 to watch for 2009. He is listed at 6-4 200 (I believe it) with great speed that is supposedly much improved from last year, he is being recruited as a WR and already has offers from BC, Nebraska, Stanford, and UNC.

A few other guys are BBN (Mass) DE Nick Halloran (6-6 260 3-star rivals), Everett (MA) RB/DB Isaac Johnson (5-11 185 3-star), and current BC DT Thomas Claiborne (former 3 star).

There are a bunch of other guys who were recruited and playing D1. Beleive it or not Massachusetts produces some talent, 9 out of BC's 22 starters are from MA.

islandboy843
10-24-2007, 05:33 PM
A.J Green WR 5 Star
Reid Mcollum QB 3 Star
Carlos Dunlap DE 5 Star Florida
Bryon Maxwell CB 3 Stars
Andre Ellington RB 4 Stars

MaddHatter
10-24-2007, 05:39 PM
I played against Justin Blalock at Plano East - guy cleaned our clocks everytime...

CrackerJack465
12-13-2007, 12:52 AM
Ian Asseal, he was a guard for colorado. He was a junior the year I played.

Uh.. Max Siebald was like a top 10 lacrosse recruit at my school =P Hes at cornell now. Hes was on sportscenter top 10 once

big daddy russ
12-13-2007, 01:53 AM
I've been out of HS a while, but I played against a few. My eighth grade year, I was on the sidelines when our varsity played against Dat Nguyen in district (Dallas Cowboys/Texas A&M LB and Bednarik Award winner).

My sophomore year, played against Clint Finley (Nebraska/Dallas Cowboys/KC Chiefs safety), Matt Anderson (Texas LB), Wesley Kubuesch (Rice LB), LaVar Jenkins (Texas RB), Don Arroyo (Baylor DE), Kevin Parma (Montana), Michael Rabe (Sam Houston State), and Jason Enoch (Montana). And they were all on the same team.

Also played with a kid a few years younger than me named DeWayne Jones. Heard he played RB for the University of Houston, but I haven't seen him personally in years, so I can't confirm it. Wouldn't surprise me one bit, though. Covered and got to know a few other Division I prospects during my days as a sports reporter, the most famous being the kiddo in my signature.

Used to open up the gym at the local church every Thursday and Saturday night and Tommy would come play with us. Every bit the beast on the hardwood as he was on the football field. All-State and All-South Texas MVP in hoops. Great kid, too. Always had a smile on his face, was always joking around, and never met a stranger. Just as likely to hang out with the nerdy kids who played Dungeons and Dragons as he was the "cool kids." He's just a tough guy to root against.

I'm sure I've played against some other big-time recruits, just can't remember them all. My younger brother (who graduated HS in '02) played against Tommy and another kid some of you baseball types might recognize. Was the same age as Tommy and was a three-star recruit as a dual-threat QB out of a small South Texas town called Sinton. Chose baseball over football and wound up being the Big XII Pitcher of the Year last year. Name was Adrian Alaniz, was drafted by the Nationals in this year's MLB draft.

Also played with a ton of Division II and III players. Best player I ever played with had to do his own recruiting and wound up at DIII Texas Lutheran. Was an All-American his true freshman year. Started at RB, K, P, KR, and PR during his time in Seguin. Hell of an athlete and an even better friend.

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
12-21-2007, 10:17 PM
One of my best friends should play division 1 ball. According to a scout he talked to, he's one of the top 10 players in Canada for the class of 2009.

12-21-2007, 10:24 PM
One of my best friends should play division 1 ball. According to a scout he talked to, he's one of the top 10 players in Canada for the class of 2009.

Whats his name and what region does he play in?

Hines
12-21-2007, 10:26 PM
I am getting letters from USC, Flordia, LSU, tOSU, pretty much everywhere. I got offers for all. USC said they will have me play the Reggie Bush role as Carrol says that I am better the Bush himself and that I am god..should i take it?

total sarcasim if you couldnt tell.

Go Cowboys
01-05-2008, 09:55 PM
From my school in the last 3 years we have
WR Casey Kjos ----Oregon State (Kick Returner as a Freshman but then got hurt, will be SO(RS))
WR/DB Riley Dunlop----Ohio (Redshirted this year and will be a FR(RS))
RB/DB Taylor Williams----TBA, was being recruited by some D2 or whatever they are called now schools but I think he is leaning towards being a primary walk-on at Ohio