PDA

View Full Version : Brodie Croyle

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
06-10-2007, 12:01 PM
If Croyle beats out Damon Huard for the startin job this season, what will be the expectations of Croyle in his first season as a starter. I think that if Croyle wins the job that Larry Johnson will have another 400+ carry season.

Ho0k Em'
06-10-2007, 12:33 PM
He won't have hardly any expectations. I'd hope he's better than Alex Smith his 1st year. I still don't think LJ will have another 400+ because if Bennett stays healthy, and Kolby Smith continues to shine they should take a good amount of carries.

Addict
06-10-2007, 12:35 PM
He won't have hardly any expectations. I'd hope he's better than Alex Smith his 1st year. I still don't think LJ will have another 400+ because if Bennett stays healthy, and Kolby Smith continues to shine they should take a good amount of carries.

Agreed, and that works in LJ's favor. If Croyle was to become the starter I'd be surprised though, Huard did pretty good last year, so I think he's got the upper had as of now.

neko4
06-10-2007, 12:40 PM
Croyle will start one day, but for now its Huard. LJ should get close to 400 regardless. And doesnt he like to carry the load?

Addict
06-10-2007, 12:41 PM
Croyle will start one day, but for now its Huard. LJ should get close to 400 regardless. And doesnt he like to carry the load?

400+ is too much, body can't take that very long, if LJ knows what's good for him he'll take a baby step back.

Philliez01
06-10-2007, 12:45 PM
I think the expectations of Croyle is to just show signs of development and keep the team afloat. If he can throw a 15 TD, 12 INT season (a clearly conservative amount); the team will probably be confident in that.

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
06-10-2007, 12:48 PM
400+ is too much, body can't take that very long, if LJ knows what's good for him he'll take a baby step back.

Isnt LJ in a contract year though? Wouldn't he want a ton of carriers to rack up yards and TD's to get that big contract?

PACKmanN
06-10-2007, 12:53 PM
you cant put much on first year starting qbs, you just hope he shows some upside.

Eaglez.Fan
06-10-2007, 12:54 PM
Last year when LJ got the recoed he wasn't happy, as he shouldn't be. Who wants to have the most carries ever but not the most yards. It's pretty much like saying you did more work than any RB ever but still didn't come close to the record, of yards. As of Brodie he won't have much presure.

Philliez01
06-10-2007, 01:03 PM
Isnt LJ in a contract year though? Wouldn't he want a ton of carriers to rack up yards and TD's to get that big contract?

Actually if I were LJ, I would probably want around 300 carries just so he can prove to teams that he still has something left after the 400+ he got in 2006. Teams won't want a guy who has TWO straight 400+ carry seasons ans is 28. . . . .

umphrey
06-10-2007, 01:22 PM
If LJ gets 400 carries again he's almost guaranteed to get hurt before he reaches that mark.

Splat
06-10-2007, 01:54 PM
You can tell when Herm talks he really wants BC to win the job Huard will have to play lights out in pre season it is really not a fair battle which is why Green wanted out so bad.

Addict
06-10-2007, 02:19 PM

Well a big contract doesn't serve you much if your body is toast because you've set carry records for two straight years, so I guess he's better off producing but being careful with his body. 400+ is a strain on the body. Two years of that in a row is unhealthy and will destroy anyone.

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
06-10-2007, 03:16 PM
Are the Chiefs going to give him the money anyway? If not why would they not want to ride him to death? If he is not going to be around next year you should get the best you possibly can out of him while he is still in Kansas City.

Staubach12
06-10-2007, 03:20 PM
Well first of all, there's the question as to whether he can ever play for a whole season. If not, he's going down that same old road. However, if he sudenly turns over a new leaf, he could be alright by the end of the year. From what I've seen of him, he's a pretty quick learner in new situations. All this being said, Huard will start, especially after playing that well last year. When Croyle does start, I'll be watching.

Splat
06-10-2007, 03:26 PM
I thought this thread was about Croyle not LJ?

Staubach12
06-10-2007, 08:48 PM
I thought this thread was about Croyle not LJ?

Amen. Let's not change the subject here. If we really want to talk about whether Larry Johnson can hold up in the next few years start (yet another) thread. This is about the future of Brodie Croyle.

CC.SD
06-10-2007, 09:36 PM
Last year when LJ got the recoed he wasn't happy, as he shouldn't be. Who wants to have the most carries ever but not the most yards. It's pretty much like saying you did more work than any RB ever but still didn't come close to the record, of yards. As of Brodie he won't have much presure.

Not only didn't get the most yards ever, but didn't even lead the league. LJ will break down sooner rather than later if this keeps up.

doingthisinsteadofwork
06-10-2007, 10:23 PM
Everything Ive heard is that Edwards wants Croyle to get the job.The kid has a great arm.Injuries and height are his only problems.

06-10-2007, 11:06 PM
Everything Ive heard is that Edwards wants Croyle to get the job.The kid has a great arm.Injuries and height are his only problems.

I do not think it is a height problem, as much as it is a skinny frame problem.

Vikes99ej
06-10-2007, 11:25 PM
I think Huard should get it. He played swell last year.

LarryJohnson27
06-11-2007, 02:08 AM
Not only didn't get the most yards ever, but didn't even lead the league. LJ will break down sooner rather than later if this keeps up.

LJ definitely can't get through another 400 carry season, as I don't think any RB in the NFL has, but this overworking him thing is gettin blown out of proportion IMO. LJ only had one FULL season carrying the load at Penn State, and one so far in the NFL. He doesn't have as much wear and tear as some people make it sound.

As for Croyle, anybody that's been following the Chief this offseason will tell you it's his job to lose. Regardless of whether or not you agree with it, Huard is going to have to really seperate himself to be the opening day starter. And as far as what I expect, I really don't have high expectations, simply because of the history of 1st year QB's. I just want to see him show some promise, and flashes of his potential.

VY10
06-11-2007, 10:54 AM
I see Huard getting the job. Like it has been said, he played well last year.

BlindSite
06-11-2007, 05:34 PM
Croyle's problem is he looks like a lollipop in shorts and a helmet, he's got no size whatsoever.