28) Cincinnati Lawrence Jackson, DE, USC
29) San Francisco (fr. Indianapolis)- Early Doucet, WR, LSU
30) Denver- Steve Slaton, RB, West Virginia*
31) New Orleans- Jake Ikegwuono, CB, Wisconsin*
32) New England- Justin King, CB, PSU*
------
40) Cleveland- Dre Moore, DT, Maryland
61) Indianapolis- J Lehman, LB, Illinois

Pretty much a crapshoot, but why not, its just for fun.

naruto613
06-10-2007, 05:40 PM
Why in the WORLD do you have John David Booty being picked up before Colt Brennan?!?!

StaticGator
06-10-2007, 05:43 PM
Why in the WORLD do you have John David Booty being picked up before Colt Brennan?!?!

Because he has all the measurables and plays at a school that produces successful pro quarterbacks running a pro style offense and not a stat-inflating run and shoot with little to no history of producing pro quarterbacks?

Go_Eagles77
06-10-2007, 06:42 PM
Don't like a WR there, give us Brinkley or a TE there.

skinzzfan25
06-10-2007, 08:18 PM
Great skins draft. I like Long a lot. Nice draft spot as well ;)

Mr. Stiller
06-11-2007, 01:43 AM
Pittsburgh doesn't need a round 1 CB... we run 2 zone schemes (Zone Blitz and Tampa 2) neither needs high picks as CBs.

we have 2-4th rounders, 2-2nd rounders, a 5th rounder and a UDFA...

While I think they'll add a CB for depth, but that'll be day 2...

We're very young in the secondary... need a DE/OLB (Tommy Blake) and LT (Tony Hills/Barry Richardson)

draftguru151
06-11-2007, 08:11 AM
The interest they showed in Revis last year really contradicts that.

Mr. Stiller
06-11-2007, 09:25 AM
The interest they showed in Revis last year really contradicts that.

Smokescreen?

They wanted Timmons through and through. We don't need a rd 1 cb, We extended Ike... We still have Coclough, Mcfadden, Madison, *** and Townsend.

We're fine.

packer_pat_4
06-11-2007, 12:28 PM
Because he has all the measurables and plays at a school that produces successful pro quarterbacks running a pro style offense and not a stat-inflating run and shoot with little to no history of producing pro quarterbacks?
Exactly. Im predicting a monster year for Booty and USC, which means his stock will raise. He's got all the tools, he's a winner, and he plays in an offense ready to propel him into the NFL.

rainbeaukid2
06-11-2007, 01:31 PM
the niners don't need anymore receivers, at least not right now

T-RICH49
06-11-2007, 04:41 PM
Great Chiefs pick

scar988
06-11-2007, 04:53 PM
Atlanta does not need a UT like Dorsey. we already have 2 in Coleman and Babineaux we need a NT, OT, QB or power RB.

bearfan
06-11-2007, 05:13 PM
Bears pick is awesome

HoopsDemon12
06-11-2007, 06:02 PM
actually dont mind the CB pick...

America
06-12-2007, 01:32 AM
JDBooty is awful for the Ravens. Chris Long would be amazing. Tyson and Lawrence Jackson would be great too. Even Jasper Brinkley and James Laurinitis would be better..

Paranoidmoonduck
06-12-2007, 01:43 AM
I thought that beyond couple disagreements I have in terms of where players stocks are at, this was a pretty damn solid effort. Nice job.

Finsfan79
06-12-2007, 11:17 AM
6) Miami- Kenny Phillips, S, Miami*

like the pick, hope we arent drafting near there since we have stability on defense (top 5), QB, and most of the offense

rainbeaukid2
06-12-2007, 11:23 PM

like the pick, hope we arent drafting near there since we have stability on defense (top 5), QB, and most of the offense
stability at QB?

BamaFalcon59
06-13-2007, 02:55 PM
I'd tend to agree that a guy in his late 30s and a 26 year old rookie is not stability.

Will people stop giving us Glenn Dorsey?? We obviously want to get bigger as a team, and we have two very good players at the UT position.

I'd prefer Oher, Stewart (if he has a good season), Okam (if he has a good season), Doucet, Gholston, Lawrence Jackson, etc. Not a big fan of Abraham due to injury concern and we have no pass rushing depth.

reese
06-13-2007, 07:15 PM
love the miami pick

thebow305
06-15-2007, 12:06 AM
I'd tend to agree that a guy in his late 30s and a 26 year old rookie is not stability.

Will people stop giving us Glenn Dorsey?? We obviously want to get bigger as a team, and we have two very good players at the UT position.

I'd prefer Oher, Stewart (if he has a good season), Okam (if he has a good season), Doucet, Gholston, Lawrence Jackson, etc. Not a big fan of Abraham due to injury concern and we have no pass rushing depth.

Just because you prefer Okam to Dorsey in no way means it is right. Dorsey is just a better fit for your D, he is the quicker of the two. So you SHOULD prefer him if you knew your team.

Perfect Miami pick, by the way.

draftguru151
06-15-2007, 12:14 AM
Just because you prefer Okam to Dorsey in no way means it is right. Dorsey is just a better fit for your D, he is the quicker of the two. So you SHOULD prefer him if you knew your team.

Perfect Miami pick, by the way.

They have a much bigger need at NT than they do UT, and while I don't agree that they should pass on Dorsey because of that (Coleman and Babineaux don't scare me, Coleman is old, Babineaux is a spot starter, and Dorsey is much better than Okam), he still knows his team needs a lot better than you.

Phrost
06-15-2007, 12:14 AM

LOL I love it. Good job/.

thebow305
06-15-2007, 12:29 AM
They have a much bigger need at NT than they do UT, and while I don't agree that they should pass on Dorsey because of that (Coleman and Babineaux don't scare me, Coleman is old, Babineaux is a spot starter, and Dorsey is much better than Okam), he still knows his team needs a lot better than you.

Dude, you don't even deserve a response from me because you are a child, but I'll give you one anyway. Where do you go off saying he knows his team needs better than I do? What does that have to do with ANYTHING? Grow up. How old are you... 12? The only argument I was simply making, is that he preferred Okam to Dorsey, which means that he wants the less proven, less athletic of the two, who are both candidates for the UT position. Which means he is either ignorant, doesn't know anything about his team, or just has a man-crush on Frank Okam. Get a life bro, stop hanging on my jock from now on OK!?

draftguru151
06-15-2007, 08:54 AM
Dude, you don't even deserve a response from me because you are a child, but I'll give you one anyway. Where do you go off saying he knows his team needs better than I do? What does that have to do with ANYTHING? Grow up. How old are you... 12? The only argument I was simply making, is that he preferred Okam to Dorsey, which means that he wants the less proven, less athletic of the two, who are both candidates for the UT position. Which means he is either ignorant, doesn't know anything about his team, or just has a man-crush on Frank Okam. Get a life bro, stop hanging on my jock from now on OK!?

We obviously want to get bigger as a team, and we have two very good players at the UT position.

The Falcons have two players at the UT that right now make a good rotation. Coleman is one of the best penetrators in the game and Babineaux is a good spot starter. At NT they have the ancient Grady Jackson. Frank Okam at 6-5 320 pounds is a NT, not a UT. It was nice knowing you btw.

BamaFalcon59
06-15-2007, 10:27 AM
Rod Coleman is getting older but that is no reason to jump on Dorsey. Babs fell to us at the bottom of the 2nd round a couple years ago and did not disappoint last season. He was third in the league in tackles for loss as a defensive tackle last year in spot duty (with 7, behind Grady Jackson with 13 and Pat Williams with 9). I'd say that is impressive.

Want to talk athletic? How about a mid 4.7, the potential to play FB (freshman season at Iowa), DE, MLB, etc.. To boot he squats 590 (compared to Haloti Ngata's 585 who is 50 pounds heavier). Not bad. Production in college was great as well.

Sr. Year- 55 tackles, 11 sacks (11th in nation), 25 tackles for loss (2nd in nation). All at DT.

Jr. Year (7 games, injured)- 23 tackles, 1 sack, 5 tackles for loss. At DT.

So. Year (11 games)- 53 tackles, 7 sacks, 9 tackles for loss, 1 INT, 2 forced fumbles

Ok, so I have stated my case for Babineaux. Dorsey is the superior prospect, but Babineaux is at least worthy of a shot at the job. Even if not, look at our nose tackle position.

Grady Jackson had some conflicting interests with our management, but he should be back. Amazing year last year with 13 tackles for loss as a two down defensive tackle.

But he is now 34 years old, and has experienced the ware and tear of the NFL for 10 years. He is also 345 pounds and has knee problems.

The depth behind him? Darrell Shropshire, Trey Lewis, Tommy Jackson.

Heard of them? Not exactly proven. Not playmakers. What if Grady gos down? Were screwed, considering that when Milloy and Jackson arrived in Atlanta our run defense rose from 26 to 9. His size was huge next to undersized J0hn Abraham and undersized Rod Coleman/ Jonathan Babineaux. So we need size at the position.

Is it coincidence that one of Petrino's primary goals is to get bigger? Which is a primary reason we brought in Jamaal Anderson.

If you please refer back to the post I made, I said...

Okam (if he has a good season),

See the 'if he has a good season' part? It is very possible due to the immense physical potential. I did not say grab him at the current stock.

I do KNOW my team. While Dorsey is the BPA at that point in the draft, there are many reasons to pass on him. Don't accuse me of not knowing what I'm talking about when I said that.

I like Dorsey a lot, and he is a great prospect. But he is not what we need on the team at the moment. Maybe if Babs disappoint this year or players at WR, DE, and NT step up. But not in the current situation.

YAYareaRB
06-15-2007, 11:22 AM
Love the Doucet pick. He's my favorite receiver coming into the season.

cardsalltheway
06-15-2007, 12:23 PM
J Leman? Niiiiiice. :D

Acreboy
06-15-2007, 12:26 PM
IDK about taking a CB. DT is now #1 priority. I like Ikegwuono, if he's BPA then fine. We just have MM (who is slowing down a bit) Jason David, Usama Young, and David Jones.

I could live with that pick. It's not like we're taking Ted Ginn or someone like that..

scar988
06-15-2007, 05:30 PM

Babineaux will surprise you this year. he is a beast and will show you just how good he really is not that he has a good couple of games guaranteed to start with Coleman out.

scar988
06-15-2007, 05:31 PM

actually you have no clue what you are talking about. Okam is 6'5" 315 and a NT in the 4-3. Dorsey is 6'3" 300 and a UT in the 4-3. you obviously don't even know the difference between the 2 spots.

draftguru151
06-15-2007, 05:39 PM
Babineaux will surprise you this year. he is a beast and will show you just how good he really is not that he has a good couple of games guaranteed to start with Coleman out.

I'm definitely interested in seeing him the first few games while Coleman is out.

thebow305
06-15-2007, 06:45 PM
actually you have no clue what you are talking about. Okam is 6'5" 315 and a NT in the 4-3. Dorsey is 6'3" 300 and a UT in the 4-3. you obviously don't even know the difference between the 2 spots.

I totally forgot about the Falcons making the switch back to the 4-3, my bad.

Dorsey is the better prospect regardless.

draftguru151
06-15-2007, 07:24 PM
The Falcons switched back to the 4-3 2 or 3 years ago, and that has nothing to do with Dorsey or Okam. Dorsey isn't a fit in the 3-4 at all, Okam is at least a fit in the 3-4 at DE.

princefielder28
06-15-2007, 11:11 PM
Tampa Bay with another QB too add on the roster.....funny but needed for the future

HoopsDemon12
06-16-2007, 12:09 AM
i applaud you because ive wanted to make a mock draft... but havnt had the time or energy to actually attempt it

Green Bay Scat
06-16-2007, 01:09 AM
no Earl Bennett? i know he wont leave till his Senior year but at least amuse me, Its not like he runs a 4.6 or anything and its not like he hasnt done anything in college in a weak divison. Im sorry im on EB nuts so much its just he doesnt get the props he deserves....thats all im sayin.

as for the packers, Fred Davis is nice, but id much rather have Lowery at CB to groom as a #1 since Harris and Woodson will be on the Down part of their career and i think Dendy is a NB and #2 at best and Blackman a NB #2 at best too.

JETS5128
06-16-2007, 01:06 PM
No way the jets pass on stewart

Man_Of_Steel
06-16-2007, 01:27 PM
How can Pittsburgh pick 17 when they win the Superbowl? Oh, gotcha,trade.

ncst8fan83
06-16-2007, 02:36 PM
nvm ..................

Jonathan_VIlma
06-16-2007, 06:59 PM
We're going to need more offensive lineman, not receiving threats.

Phrost
06-17-2007, 02:24 AM
I could see the Bucs trading down and snatching Dorsey up.

BamaFalcon59
06-17-2007, 10:19 AM

You didn't comment me back. Respond.

Umm, we made the switch to the 4-3 in the 2004 season.

scar988
06-17-2007, 10:39 AM

we went from the 3-4 top the 4-3 when Mora got here 3 years ago... yet another thing that prove you have no clue about the Falcons.

yeah, Dorsey is better. which is why we wouldn't go DT if he was the best on the board and would get an OL like Sam Baker.

bucs_fan333
07-10-2007, 12:51 AM

Because Brennan SUCKS!!!!!!!!!! He is a system QB and won't make it in the NFL.

bucs_fan333
07-10-2007, 12:52 AM
1)
Tampa Bay- Brian Brohm, QB, Louisville
2) Kansas City- Jake Long, OT, Michigan
3) Minnesota- Andre Woodson, QB, Kentucky
4) Houston- Darren McFadden, RB, Arkansas*
5) Tennessee- Calais Campbell, DE, Miami*
7) Detroit- Ray Malualaga, ILB, USC*
8) Dallas (fr. Cleveland)- DeSean Jackson, WR, Cal*
9) Oakland- Sam Baker, OT, USC
10) New York Giants- Keith Rivers, OLB, USC
11) Atlanta- Glenn Dorsey, DT, LSU
12) Arizona- Antoine Cason, CB, Arizona
13) Seattle- Michael Oher, OT/OG, Ole Miss*
14) New York Jets- John Carlson, TE, Notre Dame
15) Dallas- Jonathon Stewart, RB, Oregon*
16) Buffalo- Aqib Talib, CB, Kansas*
17) Pittsburgh- Zach Bowman, CB, Nebraska
18) St. Louis- Xavier Adibi, LB, Virginia Tech
19) Carolina- Frank Okam, DT, Texas
20) Baltimore- John David Booty, QB, USC
21) Philadelphia- Limas Sweed, WR, Texas
22) Washington- Chris Long, DE, Virginia
23) Green Bay- Fred Davis, TE, USC
24) Jacksonville- Tyson Jackson, DE, LSU*
25) New England (fr. San Francisco)- Jasber Brinkley, ILB, SC
26) Chicago- Mario Manningham, WR, Micigan*
27) San Diego- James Laurinitis, ILB, OSU*
28) Cincinnati Lawrence Jackson, DE, USC
29) San Francisco (fr. Indianapolis)- Early Doucet, WR, LSU
30) Denver- Steve Slaton, RB, West Virginia*
31) New Orleans- Jake Ikegwuono, CB, Wisconsin*
32) New England- Justin King, CB, PSU*
------
40) Cleveland- Dre Moore, DT, Maryland
61) Indianapolis- J Lehman, LB, Illinois

Pretty much a crapshoot, but why not, its just for fun.

I dont' understand why you have the Bucs picking first. But Brohm is a very good pick.

jackalope
07-24-2007, 11:16 PM
Love the Packer's selection and where they pick.

neko4
07-24-2007, 11:18 PM
Nice Pack pick, though i like the guy from mizzou better
Where's Colt, I mean JD over Colt?

thebow305
07-25-2007, 03:58 PM
great phins pick.... hope we arent picking that high tho!

adschofield
08-07-2007, 10:53 PM
Good Chiefs pick, even though there in no way in hell that we are the 2nd worst team