9. Miami- Barry Richardson,OT, Clemson

10. NY Giants- Steve Slaton, RB, WV

11. Tampa Bay- Mario Manningham, WR, Michigan

12. Buffalo- Antoine Cason, CB, Arizona

13. Arizona- Derrick Harvey, DE/OLB, Florida

14. Atlanta- Frank Okam, DT, Texas

15. Tennessee- Limas Sweed, WR, Texas

16. Carolina- Rey Maualuga, MLB, USC

17. St. Louis- Dan Connor, OLB/MLB, Penn St.

18. Pittsburgh- James Laurinaitis, MLB, Ohio St.

19. NY Jets- Adarius Bowman, WR, Oklahoma State

20. Dallas- Early Doucet, WR, LSU

21. Cincinnati Tyson Jackson, DE, LSU

22. New England (from SF) - Dwight Lowery, CB, San Jose St.

23. Philadelphia Malcolm Jenkins, CB, Ohio ST

24. Baltimore - Quentin Groves, DE/OLB, Auburn

25. Jacksonville- Keith Rivers, OLB, USC

26. Chicago Andre Woodson, QB, Kentucky

27. Seattle Jonathan Stewart, RB, Oregon

28. Denver - Xavier Adibi, OLB, VT

29. SF (From Indy) Michael Oher, OT/OG, Ole Miss

30. San Diego- Jasper Brinkley, MLB, SC

31. New Orleans Fred Davis, TE, USC

32. New England- Tommy Blake, DE/OLB, TCU

naruto613
06-10-2007, 05:39 PM
you don't have colt brennan going in the first round?

And why does everyone have the Giants picking so high? They have been a playoff team for 2 years straight now, I'm a fan of the G-Men, and I know this is going to be a tough year. I'm feeling another 8-8 season.

Go_Eagles77
06-10-2007, 06:43 PM
Okay eagles pick

Gridiron
06-10-2007, 06:55 PM
Good Jets pick, but, from the way things are currently looking, we'd probably go with Oher or Groves there.

KCJ58
06-10-2007, 07:18 PM
Im likeing the Rams pick :) good job

ThaU4Life
06-10-2007, 09:22 PM
I think Colt Brennan could be a 1st rounder, but who would I give him to?

doingthisinsteadofwork
06-10-2007, 09:33 PM
Its not a good start.

Acreboy
06-10-2007, 10:04 PM
I think Eric Johnson stays and we don't take a TE.

rainbeaukid2
06-10-2007, 10:24 PM
the niners don't need anymore offensive lineman, they are set for now and the future at every position

Mr. Stiller
06-11-2007, 01:47 AM
I love Laurainitis, but I don't think he comes out, because I Think Jasper Brinkley is the first MLB taken next year. I don't think Maualaga is disciplined enough to be the first MLB taken. Brinkley is the most complete MLB as of right now.

You're the closest to what we need.

Timmons is going to play MLB, and we have 5-year vet in Larry Foote. We may be losing Farrior, but Foote is shifting to Sam(4-3) Buck(3-4), Timmons will play Will(4-3) and Mack(3-4)..

We need a Weakside Defensive End (Tommy Blake!!) or a LT( Michael Oher/Tony Hills)

ThaU4Life
06-11-2007, 09:50 AM
the niners don't need anymore offensive lineman, they are set for now and the future at every position

any suggestions?

I love Laurainitis, but I don't think he comes out, because I Think Jasper Brinkley is the first MLB taken next year. I don't think Maualaga is disciplined enough to be the first MLB taken. Brinkley is the most complete MLB as of right now.

You're the closest to what we need.

Timmons is going to play MLB, and we have 5-year vet in Larry Foote. We may be losing Farrior, but Foote is shifting to Sam(4-3) Buck(3-4), Timmons will play Will(4-3) and Mack(3-4)..

We need a Weakside Defensive End (Tommy Blake!!) or a LT( Michael Oher/Tony Hills)

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind next time

any suggestions?

T-RICH49
06-11-2007, 10:32 AM
NICE Chiefs pick

mqtirishfan
06-11-2007, 10:48 AM
I'd have to say the odds of 3/4 of the NFC North picking in the top 7 are quite low.

VY10
06-11-2007, 11:03 AM
I'd have to say the odds of 3/4 of the NFC North picking in the top 7 are quite low.

Ya someone has to win....

rainbeaukid2
06-11-2007, 01:33 PM
any suggestions?

FS is a pretty big need for the niners, and next would be a 3-4 DL depending on how the line does this year.

NY+Giants=NYG
06-11-2007, 03:21 PM
Steve Slaton in the 10th overall pick? I'd have to see how Jacob's does before thinking that we'd invest the 10th overall pick on an RB.

ThaU4Life
06-11-2007, 03:26 PM
Steve Slaton in the 10th overall pick? I'd have to see how Jacob's does before thinking that we'd invest the 10th overall pick on an RB.

Yeah this was one of the harder ones for me, I wanted to give you guys a LT but none were left. Any ideas?

NY+Giants=NYG
06-11-2007, 03:51 PM
Yeah this was one of the harder ones for me, I wanted to give you guys a LT but none were left. Any ideas?

I don't know, alot depends on this season.. That means David D. at LT, which I personally think he will be, and on Jacobs. If they can carry their weight and do well, then not sure where we will go. We could go LB, we went CB this year, so maybe a LT, or even safety depending on Wilson and Demps do. Alot is in the air actually and dependent on how the guys play this season. But RB would be a low probability as of now, especially since Jacobs hasn't played a complete season yet.

brat316
06-11-2007, 03:51 PM
Any one have any supirise WR that are just going to come out of no where, maybe Derrick Williams from Penn State.

Flyboy
06-11-2007, 04:01 PM

It all depends on his health. I wouldn't rule it out that much.

Raiderz4Life
06-11-2007, 07:48 PM
i dont like the raiders spot or pick and i think the eagles are set with Lito Sheppherd and Sheldon Brown

Its all about The U
06-11-2007, 10:09 PM
Any one have any supirise WR that are just going to come out of no where, maybe Derrick Williams from Penn State.

probally no surprise to you by looking at your sig but how about Devone Bess

btw i like the cards pick

Finsfan79
06-12-2007, 11:19 AM

nice player, just worried he is getting overhyped lately

holtfan92
06-12-2007, 07:31 PM
Great Rams pick :)

simms2clayton
06-12-2007, 08:27 PM
Even though Houston has a need at safety, they can address that in round 2 for sure and take DeSean Jackson at #4 overall. They need explosiveness on offense and they need to make some noise (and he helps on ST).

The rest of your draft looks spot on great job.

BUT, is it just me or do I think that New England is going to make a surprise pick in round 1? I really could see them going OL or NG to replace Marquise Hill but that is just me.

BamaFalcon59
06-13-2007, 02:57 PM
I like some other players more than Okam, but he would be a great pick if he has a good season.

jj45
06-13-2007, 06:54 PM
Loving the bear's I hear very good things about woodson. And thank u for not putting brennan he is another tim couch in my eyes. Teams that pass 75% of the time have quarterbacks who put up great number put dont make good nfl sign callers. But I like woodson I wouldn't be surpised if we picked up bromn cuz going with the nfl trend the quarterback who starts the season off as the top rated qb never gets drafted where everyone thinks they should. They always lose a big game to the #2 qb matt lienart lose to vince young, brady quinn lose to russell. But what might happen bear's trade our first round to the eagles and bring home chicago's chosen son dnabb. But if all else fail qb is a need if grossman plays ok we need a hero not a guy to manage a game starting qbs are stars if I wanted someone to not lose the game for put in orton we know he doesn't lose. Plus short qbs only work if ur mobile like brees u can't just stand back when ur under 6-2 u gotta make plays.

rainbeaukid2
06-15-2007, 09:28 PM
before i say this, this is a question not a diss

why would dallas take mcfadden when they already have 2 good, proven players in julius jones and marion barber III?

Green Bay Scat
06-16-2007, 01:15 AM
Barber is good Trade bait and JJ wont be resigned most likly, from what i gather. If Desean is gone, i see the pack draftin a CB,

Geo
06-19-2007, 11:12 AM
before i say this, this is a question not a diss

why would dallas take mcfadden when they already have 2 good, proven players in julius jones and marion barber III?
After 2007, Julius Jones will be an unrestricted free agent and Marion Barber III will be a restricted free agent. And of course, there's the playmaking ability of one Darren McFadden.

cordz804
06-19-2007, 01:21 PM

A LT only if Diehl and Whimper don't work out. Most likely a FS or big run stuffing DT. Although a lot could change next year with injuries and such.

Phrost
06-19-2007, 02:55 PM
Nice overall. Will criticize later :).

cardsalltheway
06-19-2007, 08:56 PM
If the Bears end up with the 26th pick, that would probably mean that Rex Grossman (or some other QB) played decently and they weren't in need of a QB. Maybe not though, they got the 31st pick this year and everyone was calling for Rex's head.

Phrost
06-19-2007, 11:12 PM
My first mock ever......

1. Oakland- Jake Long, OT, Michigan

2. Minnesota Brian Brohm, QB, Louisville

3. Dallas (From CLE) Darren McFadden, RB, Arkansas

4. Houston- Kenny Phillips, S, Miami

5. Washington- Calais Campbell, DE, Miami

6. Detroit- Glenn Dorsey, DT, LSU

7. Green Bay Desean Jackson, WR, Cal

8. Kansas City Sam Baker, OT, USC

1. Good pick. Long gives them an OT that is dependable and a franchise player. The Robert Gallery experiment probably failed based on this pick so they may be scared to take another offensive lineman. They have to continue to attempt to upgrade the trenches though. If successful Long would be just the thing the Raiders need for the unleashing of Jamarcus Russell. McFadden will be the popular pick but Jamarcus needs some blockers.

2. Minnesota is in dire need of some stability at the quarterback position and Brohm is the best thing available. If Minny is choosing at #2 it means that Tavarius Jackson couldn't get it done. Though I am not one to judge an entire career based off one bad season of starting, ownership is.(see Culpepper situation). Brohm has everything you look for in a franchise QB. Size, arm, smarts, and he just wins. His only problem is his durability which may or may not be the defining subject of his career. He should find success as soon as he starts. Adrian Peterson, a stellar offensive line, and some targets with potential (Williamson, Rice). Overall, GREAT pick. (Andre Woodson could also be expected)

3. Choices, choices. Big D strike gold with attaining this pick from Cleveland and get a shot at some truly elite talent. It is difficult to say who they will pick mainly because it really depends on how well Romo does. I will assume that he had some success, so rule out Brennan and Woodson. So they can take McFadden(arkansas boy like Jones the owner) or the PERFECT compliment to Roy Williams, Kenny Phillips. Dallas's D can manage without Phillips so they take the playmaker McFadden. (Sam Baker is a sleeper)

4. This pick doesn't really need explanation. Houston is overhauling their defense and Phillips would be another cornerstone.(If Long or Baker is available they may be chosen its depends on the offensive lines' progress, McFadden will be chosen if he falls
)
5. Washington has needs a pass rusher on the line that can create that pressure so Calais is a perfect pick. They wouldn't take another safety in the top ten again would they? Even Washington is smarter than the Lions so don't expect that. This high pick like the others so far is most likely do to poor QB play. I think Washington really likes Campbell though so he gets a pass for now. (Brian Brohm wouldn't be a complete surprise)

6. Will Detroit take Manningham or Jackson? Just a joke but really Detroit can't screw this one up. Detroit's cover two is almost an attempted clone of the Tampa 2. Which depends on a pass rushing defensive tackle. Luckily for Detroit they have the next Warren Sapp falling into their laps. Great pick fills a need and some may consider him the best player available.(Other possibilities: Any WR available.)

7. Green Bay lacks an elite returner and offensive playmaker. Jackson fills both roles and should be a major threat from day one. Maybe Favre will come back for another 5 years just to see him develop. (A runningback such as Slaton or Stewart may be a reach but they also give GB a playmaker)

8. Kansas City was known for having the best offensive line in the NFL for many years. It has recently dismantled with many HOFs leaving via retirement and free agency. This would be a need pick and Baker has a bunch of upside. Overall good pick for KC. A QB makes a lot of since though. Damon Huard isn't a spring chicken and may be a flash in the pan.

I will post 9-20 tomorrow.

bucs_fan333
07-10-2007, 12:43 AM
My first mock ever......

1. Oakland- Jake Long, OT, Michigan

2. Minnesota Brian Brohm, QB, Louisville

3. Dallas (From CLE) Darren McFadden, RB, Arkansas

4. Houston- Kenny Phillips, S, Miami

5. Washington- Calais Campbell, DE, Miami

6. Detroit- Glenn Dorsey, DT, LSU

7. Green Bay Desean Jackson, WR, Cal

8. Kansas City Sam Baker, OT, USC

For your "first mock ever" it's not too bad. The Bucs would take Ellis before Super Mario though.

Smooth Criminal
08-04-2007, 09:16 PM
Perfect pick for the Steelers. I think he is a perfect 3-4 MLB and We need one to replace Farrior very shortly.

Mr. Stiller
08-04-2007, 10:14 PM
Perfect pick for the Steelers. I think he is a perfect 3-4 MLB and We need one to replace Farrior very shortly.

I don't know.. I think Laurinaitis isn't good enough of a run stuffer to play the strongside. I think Maualuga would be the better 3-4 ILB for us.. if we were replacing Foote I would agree whole-heartedly.

since he's taken...

I guess we could slot Laurainitis at RILB and slide LILB over.

adschofield
08-07-2007, 10:49 PM
Not a bad mock...I like the Chiefs pick