PDA

View Full Version : LeBeau not set to Retire....

Mr. Stiller
06-11-2007, 02:06 AM
Per SteelCityInsider (SCI)...

Jim Wexall reported that LeBeau is in his lab and has designed about 55 new defensive plays... using Timmons, Woodley, Polamalu and Keisel as his Rovers.

The Play is a ...

1-2-4-4 lineup...

The only person that is lined up as a rusher is Casey Hampton... Ryan McBean, Brett Keisel, Lawrence Timmons, Troy Polamalu, LaMarr Woodley, Larry Foote....

Will be running around as if they don't know whats going on, and when the ball is snapped, they'll fly in. Peyton will be crying trying to figure it out.

As for LeBeau, because of these schemes, him actually getting some real top notch talent (Not to say they been stingy, but Cowher had total control.. apparently he was a Saban-Case, if what I've been reading from everyone is true.).

But it seems though as mike Tomlins 4-3 isn't coming in anytime soon. I'm not 100% sure of what LeBeau ran in Cincy but I'm almost certain it was a 4-3. So between Tomlin and LeBeau, they're running a fun version of their defenses.

The Sporting News reported that LeBeau was looking for one last hurrah before retiring.

He has no interest in retiring yet.

"
"I have no idea where they got that." LeBeau said "Now I may not be here tomorrow, but I'm planning on it, you never know..."

"

Rumor has it as well... even when LeBeau retires... odds are that Keith Butler, our amazing LB Coach will be the most likely candidate.

DeathbyStat
06-11-2007, 09:49 AM
Can some on make a diagram to show what they think this formation will look like ?

Mr. Stiller
06-11-2007, 10:06 AM
Can some on make a diagram to show what they think this formation will look like ?

Without Photoshop:

Casey Hampton

Ryan McBean ~ Brett Keisel

LaMarr Woodley ~ Larry Foote ~ Troy Polamalu ~ Lawrence Timmons

Ike Taylor ~ Anthony Smith ~ DeShea Townsend

It's basically organized Chaos.

Hampton is the only DL Lined up.

McBean(Or someone else)/ Keisel will be running around behind Big Snack with the LB's and once the ball is snapped, the guys that are supposed to attack, fly in and blitz, the ones that aren't drop in coverage.

It's hard to draw, but no one will know where the blitz is coming from.

Man_Of_Steel
06-11-2007, 01:55 PM
I thought McBean was going to be a project to develop for a couple years, also as interesting as this is how in the h e double hockey sticks do we stop the run with this.

Smooth Criminal
06-11-2007, 02:04 PM
I'm sure they have guys planned for rush defense aswell.

But Mr. Stiller you missed on guy. Your picture only has 3 DBs in when there should be 4. I'm guessing Clark or McFadden will be the other player.

I like the sound of this. I'd like to see Manning play against a team that it is almost impossible to read what is going to happen. At the same time it could be very bad against draw plays where to many players read run and come up in run support and then the dump the ball over their heads. It should fix the problem we've always had with screen passes though.

DeathbyStat
06-11-2007, 04:21 PM
Without Photoshop:

Casey Hampton

Ryan McBean ~ Brett Keisel

LaMarr Woodley ~ Larry Foote ~ Troy Polamalu ~ Lawrence Timmons

Ike Taylor ~ Anthony Smith ~ DeShea Townsend

It's basically organized Chaos.

Hampton is the only DL Lined up.

McBean(Or someone else)/ Keisel will be running around behind Big Snack with the LB's and once the ball is snapped, the guys that are supposed to attack, fly in and blitz, the ones that aren't drop in coverage.

It's hard to draw, but no one will know where the blitz is coming from.

A Photo shopped one would be sweet.

brat316
06-11-2007, 05:23 PM
that is crazy it would be mayhem people running amuck doing crazy stuff. Blitzing everyone except DB and just roaming the field. Like a free for all. I wonder if they will put this in madden

Mr. Stiller
06-11-2007, 05:36 PM
A Photo shopped one would be sweet.

I've been sick so I've been reading and doing as little as possible, I might throw one up later.

DeathbyStat
06-11-2007, 10:24 PM
I've been sick so I've been reading and doing as little as possible, I might throw one up later.

Sweet...feel better though