PDA

View Full Version : New Ray Lewis article

Ravens1991
06-12-2007, 09:33 AM
http://www.baltimoreravens.com/Common/Article.aspx?id=11828

He sounds very confident w/ his new work out regime, I hope he is true about his best years are coming up.

America
06-12-2007, 10:50 AM
Ray Ray is such a beast. I hope he can instill his leadership skills into Bart Scott for our defense after Ray.

niel89
06-12-2007, 03:47 PM
i think we all really know that he wont be having his best years now but i still feel he will play at a really high level.

jkpigskin
06-12-2007, 07:12 PM
he was wearing a black visor in video of camp... looks pretty ray ray intense to me!

Ravens1991
06-12-2007, 07:33 PM
I think every Ravens fan will shed a tear when Ray leaves, I hope we offer him a ton of $ to be our LB coach or dcoordintor depending on what situation we are in

BigDawg819
06-12-2007, 09:44 PM
Ray Ray is such a beast. I hope he can instill his leadership skills into Bart Scott for our defense after Ray.

Umm yeah, that job is already occupied by a Ed Reed...

Ravens1991
06-12-2007, 10:46 PM
true I wouldnt mind us taking a late round LB project who has intensity like Ray and let him learn from Ray himself.

BigDawg819
06-12-2007, 10:50 PM
I think every Ravens fan will shed a tear when Ray leaves, I hope we offer him a ton of $ to be our LB coach or dcoordintor depending on what situation we are in

I would revolt if they offered him the Defensive Coordinator position with no coaching experience. Why is it that everyone thinks great players will be great coaches or even want to coach at all? Even if he did want to coach, his ass better start at the bottom of the totem pole like everyone else and work his way up over time. Its that formula precisely that has lead us to having Rex Ryan as Defensive Coordinator as well as the number 1 defense in the NFL.

Ravens1991
06-12-2007, 10:51 PM
yea that is why I said or a LB coach, I do think it will be better for him to start low on the totem pole, I think that LB would love to play for him.

BigDawg819
06-12-2007, 10:56 PM
yea that is why I said or a LB coach, I do think it will be better for him to start low on the totem pole, I think that LB would love to play for him.

For him to start low on the totem pole, he would start as an assistant and right fully so. And what is this obsession with him retiring? I mean he's in the best shape of his life and coming off a Pro Bowl season? He's only 32 and still one of the best in the game so retirement is a far off conclusion and people act as though its a game by game decision.

Ravens1991
06-12-2007, 10:58 PM
true I think he has at least 3 years left.

BigDawg819
06-12-2007, 11:00 PM
true I think he has at least 3 years left.

Then might I suggest laying off the retirement talk then?

Ravens1991
06-13-2007, 08:39 AM
I am talking about the future I am just looking ahead.

BigDawg819
06-13-2007, 05:34 PM
I am talking about the future I am just looking ahead.

How about concentrating on the season thats at hand as opposed to the future since its only the middle of June....

Ravens1991
06-13-2007, 05:45 PM
I am just entertaining thoughts about the future because it is the off-season and its boring.

BigDawg819
06-13-2007, 05:54 PM
I am just entertaining thoughts about the future because it is the off-season and its boring.

Yes but these speculations are unfounded at this point of the year since the draft is over and training camp is upon us. Stick to this upcoming season and leave the future talk for when its the end of this season after we win the Super Bowl.

niel89
06-13-2007, 08:16 PM
... leave the future talk for when its the end of this season after we win the Super Bowl.

I can see it now: Its the fourth quarter of the super bowl. Ravens vs Bears. its 6-0 Bears from two good Hester returns and two FGs. Into the last minute, the Bears on their own 35. Then Rex Grossman throws and ....... its tipped at the line, and Ngata catches it (again). Ngata is sprinting to the endzone and because he is not the best runner takes up 59 seconds and runs out of steam being pushed out at the 1. Time for one last play. The Ravens check their option and are ready. HIKE, the ball is snapped. Is it a QB Sneak?
No way we can rely on McNair to get it in. A power run up the middle with Willis? No thats too obvious. Instead we pass. McNair drops back looks, Clayton is smothered, Heap got knocked to the ground. McNair hucks a duck to the corner and.............. Clarence Moore catches it. He adjusts to the poorly thrown ball and drags both feet inside as he towers over the non-6'6" corners. For that instance Clarence Moore is god, and actually worth the draft pick we spent on him. Stover chips in the kick and Ravens win. Shortly after Clarence Moore retires and is immediately elected in to the Hall Of Fame for his play, "Moore Catches."

oh to dream.......:rolleyes:

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y260/niel89/15438621.jpg

jkpigskin
06-13-2007, 08:21 PM
lol niel ^^^^^

BigDawg819
06-13-2007, 10:15 PM
I can see it now: Its the fourth quarter of the super bowl. Ravens vs Bears. its 6-0 Bears from two good Hester returns and two FGs. Into the last minute, the Bears on their own 35. Then Rex Grossman throws and ....... its tipped at the line, and Ngata catches it (again). Ngata is sprinting to the endzone and because he is not the best runner takes up 59 seconds and runs out of steam being pushed out at the 1. Time for one last play. The Ravens check their option and are ready. HIKE, the ball is snapped. Is it a QB Sneak?
No way we can rely on McNair to get it in. A power run up the middle with Willis? No thats too obvious. Instead we pass. McNair drops back looks, Clayton is smothered, Heap got knocked to the ground. McNair hucks a duck to the corner and.............. Clarence Moore catches it. He adjusts to the poorly thrown ball and drags both feet inside as he towers over the non-6'6" corners. For that instance Clarence Moore is god, and actually worth the draft pick we spent on him. Stover chips in the kick and Ravens win. Shortly after Clarence Moore retires and is immediately elected in to the Hall Of Fame for his play, "Moore Catches."

oh to dream.......:rolleyes:

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y260/niel89/15438621.jpg

I want to make fun of this post, but alas it made me smile......