PDA

View Full Version : Lavar Arrington?

EdReedUnstoppable
06-12-2007, 05:08 PM
I heard on news this morning, he has had talks with Steve Bischotti, and the Ravens are his #1 team that he wants to play for this year. Personally I say if we can get him cheap for a year so he can prove he can stay healthy.....GO FOR IT!

Your thoughts?

niel89
06-12-2007, 05:56 PM
I heard on news this morning, he has had talks with Steve Bischotti, and the Ravens are his #1 team that he wants to play for this year. Personally I say if we can get him cheap for a year so he can prove he can stay healthy.....GO FOR IT!

Your thoughts?

im completely in agreement. if healthy and cheap, he could be a hell of a raven and is worth the low risk.

Ravens1991
06-12-2007, 06:31 PM
if he is cheap I would go for it, he had amazing potential out of school.

jkpigskin
06-12-2007, 07:13 PM
wow, that would be pretty amazing... but only if getting him is low priced....

SeanTaylorRIP
06-12-2007, 07:21 PM
He is done, but I guess it's worth the risk if it's under 2 mil.

BigDawg819
06-12-2007, 09:43 PM
Anyone is better then Dennis Haley.

Troj2man
06-13-2007, 12:00 AM
Lavar Arrington is finished. He was finished the year he left Washington. There's no need to waste money on him. I was looking up his stats the other day and can't believe how medicore they are.

dcarey20
06-13-2007, 01:57 PM
I don't want him unless he's dirt cheap. He was one of the most overrated players during him time in Washington and he's gotten worse. But again, if he's too good to pass up, then go for it. He could potentially be a good player in Rex Ryan's scheme.

Troj2man
06-13-2007, 06:29 PM
I don't want him unless he's dirt cheap. He was one of the most overrated players during him time in Washington and he's gotten worse. But again, if he's too good to pass up, then go for it. He could potentially be a good player in Rex Ryan's scheme.

The question is though, would he follow the scheme? He's had problems in the past with going out of the scheme and trying to do his own thing. If he would have played in the defensive scheme given to him, he would have been a very good football player.

jkpigskin
06-13-2007, 07:47 PM
i agree that he has been overhyped and he is overrated, but i can only imagine wat our scheme will do to him.. i mean, our scheme seems to make stars out of everyone (duane starks, ed hartwell to name a few)... so why cant lavar be one of them?

BigDawg819
06-13-2007, 10:16 PM
i agree that he has been overhyped and he is overrated, but i can only imagine wat our scheme will do to him.. i mean, our scheme seems to make stars out of everyone (duane starks, ed hartwell to name a few)... so why cant lavar be one of them?

Umm Duane Starks was a top 10 pick by the Ravens out of Miami so he wasn't exactly a dud coming out of college.

dcarey20
06-14-2007, 09:29 PM
Umm Duane Starks was a top 10 pick by the Ravens out of Miami so he wasn't exactly a dud coming out of college.

Very true...but once Starks left he was really exposed and it showed that he was obviously helped by the players around him.

And Troj2man brought up a really nice point about the scheme. There's no doubt that our scheme can turn average players into good ones, but you have to be able to understand it and understand your responsibilities. Lavar really had trouble doing that in Washington with Gregg Williams, which is one of the reasons why he went downhill so fast.

BigDawg819
06-14-2007, 10:58 PM
Very true...but once Starks left he was really exposed and it showed that he was obviously helped by the players around him.

And Troj2man brought up a really nice point about the scheme. There's no doubt that our scheme can turn average players into good ones, but you have to be able to understand it and understand your responsibilities. Lavar really had trouble doing that in Washington with Gregg Williams, which is one of the reasons why he went downhill so fast.

Starks wasn't really exposed as much as he couldn't stay healthy once he left Baltimore much as most above average players who play for us have happen when they leave. And exactly what average player has come to our defense and become an above average player?

jkpigskin
06-15-2007, 08:38 AM
Starks wasn't really exposed as much as he couldn't stay healthy once he left Baltimore much as most above average players who play for us have happen when they leave. And exactly what average player has come to our defense and become an above average player?

well, we havnt needed to bring many people in b/c we develop our draft picks so well....

but i guess its more, that if a player leaves the ravens system, they dont do that well compared to them coming here and playing well

Phrost
06-16-2007, 04:59 AM
Your defense doesn't need a scheme ruining disease like him....no way.

PACKmanN
06-16-2007, 11:11 PM
The only reason I wanted Lavar in Green Bay is because he likes reading the plays and playing "free" he a cover guy and with Suggs doing the pass rushing and Lavar back there covering you can have a soild D.

SeanTaylorRIP
06-17-2007, 08:40 AM
The only reason I wanted Lavar in Green Bay is because he likes reading the plays and playing "free" he a cover guy and with Suggs doing the pass rushing and Lavar back there covering you can have a soild D.

lol a Packer fan saying the Ravens "can have a solid D."

BigDawg819
06-17-2007, 11:32 AM

Yeah we all know its been the defense that's been holding us back... :rolleyes:

scottyboy
06-17-2007, 11:38 AM
lavar is such a gifted athlete, and i'd literaly crap myself if i had to go play the Ravens D with Lavar HEALTHY. i loved the guy in new york, but he already has two like broken knees, and that tear of his achillies vs Dallas just made it that much harder for him to come back. i highly doubt he'll play again

Ravens1991
06-17-2007, 02:02 PM

yea I noticed he said "W/ Lavar we could have a solid D" But I didnt wanna say anything.

PalmerToCJ
06-17-2007, 10:24 PM

lol yeah Arrington would be the missing piece. Ngata, Suggs, Scott, Lewis, Reed, McAlister etc. weren't enough :D

niel89
06-18-2007, 03:04 AM
forget that lets throw clarence moore on D. when he is around no one catches the ball.

SeanTaylorRIP
06-18-2007, 04:04 PM
Well Lavar just got in a bike accident in PG county, several broken bones, head trauma, his career is over.

PACKmanN
06-18-2007, 04:06 PM
you know what i mean :)

M.O.T.H.
06-18-2007, 04:21 PM
lavar is such a gifted athlete, and i'd literaly crap myself if i had to go play the Ravens D with Lavar HEALTHY. i loved the guy in new york, but he already has two like broken knees, and that tear of his achillies vs Dallas just made it that much harder for him to come back. i highly doubt he'll play again

Ever notice how everyone gets injured while playing the Cowboys?

SeanTaylorRIP
06-18-2007, 04:36 PM
Ever notice how everyone gets injured while playing the Cowboys?

Like how he ended Troy Aikman's career.

M.O.T.H.
06-18-2007, 04:38 PM
Like how he ended Troy Aikman's career.

Lame.....:)

SeanTaylorRIP
06-18-2007, 04:39 PM
Thought I'd bring it up, lol.

jkpigskin
06-18-2007, 05:07 PM
wow, he got into a motercycle accident
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AmiBC5Jt7XIh_Sb.VlXYXp05nYcB?slug=ap-arrington-motorcylecrash&prov=ap&type=lgns

edit: looks like it was already posted, but watev, heres the link

ChefMike
06-21-2007, 09:30 AM
Well he isnt cooked yet.. he had minor injuries and the head trauma was a minor concussion. He will never be, at least I think, the same LaVar he was 4 years ago when he was healthy and before Joe Gibbs came to town.

If we could sign him to the Veteran minimum for a year so he could come here to get healthy and show signs he is a player again and give us a another veteran player that knows how to play and has a proven track record. I think that would be a solid piece to the puzzle.

Achilles injuries arent always career ending. Hell if Dan Marino can come back from that injury to play QB then anyone can come back !!

BigDawg819
06-21-2007, 09:54 PM
Why in the blue hell would we want this moron after this episode? He was cited for not having a license to operate a motorcycle so that shows he's a moron and he's injury prone. Let this idiot sit at home and count his money or sign elsewhere cause we don't need trouble players in Baltimore.

ChefMike
06-22-2007, 07:43 AM
Why in the blue hell would we want this moron after this episode? He was cited for not having a license to operate a motorcycle so that shows he's a moron and he's injury prone. Let this idiot sit at home and count his money or sign elsewhere cause we don't need trouble players in Baltimore.

Guess you don't know too many people with bikes ??? There are tons of people on the road that don't have motorcycle licenses....but if thats the case for not signing him then hell why didnt we cut BJ Sams after he got a DUI ? or Jamal after if indicted on Federal Drug Charges ? or need I bring up Ray Ray ? come on thats a very poor reason to not sign someone...don't sign him because he wants too much money or he can't play anymore, he was not a problem child in NY he was having a great turn around in NY before he got injured...