PDA

View Full Version : "Does that sound like a prototypical Colts wideout or what!"

Matthew Jones
06-12-2007, 06:40 PM
Gonzalez is very fast, runs excellent routes and is also extremely smart and dedicated to the game. Does that sound like a prototypical Colts wideout or what!

This is from Scott's analysis of the Colts' draft. It doesn't make much sense to me at all when people say things like this. It implies that other teams wouldn't want someone who "is very fast, runs excellent routes and is also extremely smart and dedicated to the game."

Don Vito
06-12-2007, 06:47 PM
This is from Scott's analysis of the Colts' draft. It doesn't make much sense to me at all when people say things like this. It implies that other teams wouldn't want someone who "is very fast, runs excellent routes and is also extremely smart and dedicated to the game."

Yea I saw that a while ago. It jumped out at me though because Reggie Wayne isn't "excpetionally fast". But Harrison, Gonzo, and Wayne are all very good route runners with solid hands and are "technicians of the game" if that makes sense.

JK17
06-12-2007, 06:52 PM

Nah, it just implies that the Colts have receivers who are very fast, run excellent routes, and are extremely smart and dedicated to the game.

HoopsDemon12
06-12-2007, 07:27 PM
Nah, it just implies that the Colts have receivers who are very fast, run excellent routes, and are extremely smart and dedicated to the game.

bingo! thats all it is...

TheChampIsHere
06-12-2007, 07:48 PM

sure those are good things but some other teams opt to pick receivers who have good size or are physical players, or maybe are more concerned with big play ability. Guys like Tedd Ginn, Dwayne Bowe, Robert Meachem, these guys would not be prototypical colts wideouts. Yet they all went ahead of Anthony Gonzalez who is a more polished wideout than those guys.

Primetime21
06-12-2007, 08:29 PM
sure those are good things but some other teams opt to pick receivers who have good size or are physical players, or maybe are more concerned with big play ability. Guys like Tedd Ginn, Dwayne Bowe, Robert Meachem, these guys would not be prototypical colts wideouts. Yet they all went ahead of Anthony Gonzalez who is a more polished wideout than those guys.

Exactly Gonzo was #2 to Ginn because tOSU offence was basically built around him. Yet Gonzo was more of a complete WR. The only WR I wanted the falcons to draft was Anthony and I think he will be a hit in Indy.

HoopsDemon12
06-12-2007, 08:35 PM
Exactly Gonzo was #2 to Ginn because tOSU offence was basically built around him. Yet Gonzo was more of a complete WR. The only WR I wanted the falcons to draft was Anthony and I think he will be a hit in Indy.

TIGHT SIG!! im guessing you make em? cause i gotta give you props that is amazing cool

rainbeaukid2
06-12-2007, 09:19 PM
it looks like a darnik sig, that is if he didn't make it himself

Primetime21
06-13-2007, 05:53 PM
it looks like a darnik sig, that is if he didn't make it himself

Yea its on of Darniks tight ******* sigs that he put up like a 2 weeks ago. I should probally give him so props. Plus Ian Johnson is a straight up balla.

Giantsfan1080
06-14-2007, 12:26 AM
It seems to me that the Colts look first at route running and then at other measurables with their Wr's. Gonzalez is a perfect fit for them.

Phrost
06-14-2007, 12:32 AM
It seems to me that the Colts look first at route running and then at other measurables with their Wr's. Gonzalez is a perfect fit for them.

Precisely. Not to big not to small just fast enough and has great football smarts.= Colts WR.