PDA

View Full Version : Quinn starts when..........

ninerfan
06-12-2007, 09:10 PM
OK we're not yet into camp and at present he's the no.3 guy behind Frye and Anderson but what happens to Brady in 2007 ?

Hail Browns
06-12-2007, 09:16 PM
Crennel's obsession with experience over talent pushes back the Quinn debut to week 5 or 6. At that point, either the starter does so terrible that fans die while watching the games, or Quinn simply overtakes them during practice.

neko4
06-12-2007, 09:24 PM
sometime late in the season (13-14) when they get knocked out of contention
He'll compete for the job all year
Any possiblity this turns into a Brees/Rivers thing

Smooth Criminal
06-12-2007, 09:41 PM
I'm expecting week 10. Frye will get the start and Crenell will give Quinn some time to get ready.

umphrey
06-12-2007, 10:28 PM

Frye is no Brees...he's a below average starter right now that could develop into an average one or just a good backup and I think I'm higher on him than most people.

Don Vito
06-12-2007, 10:28 PM
Well apparently he hasn't been that impressive yet so he isn't going to earn the starting job anytime soon. I bet he will not start until the homestretch of the season.

Severe Punishment
06-12-2007, 10:31 PM
You don't show off your hot rod until you're positive the weather is going to be nice. My guess is they run the beater around (Frye / Anderson) until
the season (record wise) is over....somewhere around week 8.

ElectricEye
06-12-2007, 10:31 PM
Week 7 or 8 IMO. He'll probably have played in a few games by then. We might see a bit of a battle all year, but I think he'll beat out Frye eventually.

BigDawg819
06-12-2007, 10:52 PM
It all depends on whether or not he's signed in time for the start of training camp. Any significant holdout will hurt him in the long term.

The Great Jonathan Vilma
06-13-2007, 12:08 AM
It all depends on whether or not he's signed in time for the start of training camp. Any significant holdout will hurt him in the long term.

and the type of contract (draft position) money he's trying to get makes me think it will be a holdout, maybe not into the season, but he probably will miss some time in training camp. I don't know forsure, but unless he changes his price it might be.

Mr. Stiller
06-13-2007, 12:18 AM
Depends. If the Browns get blown out at all he might get some PT and start from there on.

JeffSamardzijaIRISH
06-13-2007, 01:28 AM
This'll be similar to the Matt Leinart situation last year. I say about week 6

06-13-2007, 02:14 AM
But the true question is, will Quinn completely crumble or not?

TheChampIsHere
06-13-2007, 04:12 AM
I dont see why he shouldnt be the week 1 starter. He is an NFL ready QB who played in a Charlie Weiss pro style offense and played 4 years in college, tough, smart, kid, competitor has the tools. The Browns dont have anything good at the QB position with Frye and Anderson, Quinn is the future and I think hes a better QB now than either of them and I think hes ready to play so why waste time. If Im Crennell, Im gonna give him every opportunity to earn that starting job outright. While things havent gone well so far in Cleveland, I cant criticize too much of what Crennell has done. But if he botches this QB situation and the Browns have another dissapointing season, a firing may be warranted.

CC.SD
06-13-2007, 04:34 AM
Frye is no Brees...he's a below average starter right now that could develop into an average one or just a good backup and I think I'm higher on him than most people.

Pretty much the concensus on Brees, before his 2004 season. You never know.

awfullyquiet
06-13-2007, 05:21 AM
This'll be similar to the Matt Leinart situation last year. I say about week 6

i agree.
either that or fate will will it and frye and anderson will both break their legs.

will teach those kids to tell them to get out there and break a leg.

JeffSamardzijaIRISH
06-13-2007, 01:30 PM
I dont see why he shouldnt be the week 1 starter. He is an NFL ready QB who played in a Charlie Weiss pro style offense and played 4 years in college, tough, smart, kid, competitor has the tools. The Browns dont have anything good at the QB position with Frye and Anderson, Quinn is the future and I think hes a better QB now than either of them and I think hes ready to play so why waste time. If Im Crennell, Im gonna give him every opportunity to earn that starting job outright. While things havent gone well so far in Cleveland, I cant criticize too much of what Crennell has done. But if he botches this QB situation and the Browns have another dissapointing season, a firing may be warranted.

Romeo Crennell+Savage are in a must-win situation. I doubt they'd go to a rookie starter unless he absolutely blows away the competition.

Michigan
06-13-2007, 01:34 PM
Quinn hasn't really been impressive at all so far so I'd put say around week 10, when the season's over for them.

doingthisinsteadofwork
06-13-2007, 06:03 PM
Im pretty sure the season will be over for them before that.

TheChampIsHere
06-13-2007, 06:31 PM
Romeo Crennell+Savage are in a must-win situation. I doubt they'd go to a rookie starter unless he absolutely blows away the competition.

yea but how are they gonna look if they go with Frye and lose anyways.

doingthisinsteadofwork
06-13-2007, 07:30 PM
yah its not like Frye and Anderson can win enough games for Crennel.

HoopsDemon12
06-15-2007, 11:51 PM

only fry is a way less talented brees....
i think by week 6 the fans will be sick of fry being back there and wanna see their QB of the future being protected by their franchise tackle..

mcdlaxbonz13
06-16-2007, 01:40 AM
i like how people have said he has been unimpressive, theve only done mini camps and OTA's not like theres been a whole lot of time to amaze the coaches

sweetness34
06-16-2007, 01:41 AM
Depends on his progress and when he's signed.