PDA

View Full Version : Eli Manning is the Next John Elway...

12-07-2006, 03:05 PM
-Eli Manning and John Elway were both the #1 pick in the draft. They were both traded for the 4th player chosen in the draft along with other players and picks.

-Eli Manning and John Elway were both drafted by teams that they never played for, and demanded a trade.

-both Eli and Elway were Hiesman finalists, but didn't receive the award

-Eli and Elway were both drafted first in drafts rich in the Quarterback position (Marino and Jim Kelly, Phil Rivers and Big Ben)

- their stats through 3 seasons are almost identical. Just take a look

Elway

1983 123/259 47.4% 1,663 yards 7 TDs 14 INTs
1984 214/380 56.3% 2,598 yards 18 TDs 15 INTs
1985 327/605 54.0% 3,891 yards 22 TDs 23 INTs

Eli

2004 95/197 48.2% 1043 yards 6 TDs 9 INTs
2005 294/557 52.8 3762 yards 24 TDs 17 INTs
2006 314/530 59.0% 3486 yards 25.3 TDs 20 INTs

I projected Eli's last 4 games of 2006.

- Eli looks a lot like Elway with his fourth quarter heroics.

Peyton Manning may be the next Dan Marino, but Eli is the next John Elway, who has the rings.

12-07-2006, 03:08 PM
Actually I expect Peyton to have an elway-esque end to his career.

Number 10
12-07-2006, 03:10 PM
Stop.

I hate these....Guy A is the next Guy B.

You can be optimistic about Eli's rough stretches by showing examples from the careers of guys like Elway and Brees, but ugh I can't stand the comparisons.

bigbluedefense
12-07-2006, 03:13 PM
I actually noticed this trend early this year/late last year, but I didn't dare bring it up, because well...how can you compare Eli to Elway? He's a long way from that, he's on the same pace, but if he can be Elway, Id be estatic.

But you can't call him Elway, thats just way too speculative. I hope he can become Elway, but until he does, we can't say anything.

Oh man, Im just waiting for all the Eli haters to come in here and just BASH him. Its funny how he had a good game and all the Rivers/Eli/Ben threads and Manning sucks threads have taken a back seat, but if he comes out and has another poor game, you better believe theyll pop right back up.

12-07-2006, 03:20 PM
Also notice how Phil Rivers and Big Ben havent been playing that great these last 2 weeks.

But what got me thinking this was the 4th quarter heroics. Then I realized that there are so many similarity's between the 2. It was before my time but I would guess if there was ESPN, the internet, and Sports radio they would have treated Elway exactly like Eli.

I personally think Eli is destined for greatness, and while he might not put up the stats that Peyton has, he has that special something in him that will win us a superbowl and perform in the clutch.

bigbluedefense
12-07-2006, 03:22 PM
Also notice how Phil Rivers and Big Ben havent been playing that great these last 2 weeks.

But what got me thinking this was the 4th quarter heroics. Then I realized that there are so many similarity's between the 2. It was before my time but I would guess if there was ESPN, the internet, and Sports radio they would have treated Elway exactly like Eli.

I personally think Eli is destined for greatness, and while he might not put up the stats that Peyton has, he has that special something in him that will win us a superbowl and perform in the clutch.

Before you get all of us Giants fans in a whole bunch of flamage, I suggest you take these opinions to the Team discussion, because trust me, this is gonna get REAL UGLY in about 10 minutes.

SeanTaylorRIP
12-07-2006, 03:27 PM
Jason Campbell is the next Joe Montana they both threw TD's in their first games.

Mr. Stiller
12-07-2006, 03:28 PM
anyone ever see Elways Superbowl stats?

They were just as bad as Bens I think 3 of the 5ish times he went.

Number 10
12-07-2006, 03:32 PM
Jason Campbell is the next Joe Montana they both threw TD's in their first games.

I guarantee that by June, most of you guys will actually believe that.

bigbluedefense
12-07-2006, 03:34 PM

QFT

Don't forget to throw in how they will boast about their FA moves and how this year is the year, etc. And how the media will eat it up and call them a SB favorite again.

Kurve
12-07-2006, 03:35 PM
I really hope Eli does well in his career but one thing that kind bothers me with eli is that he never shows emotion like his brother he sometimes plays as if he has no care if he throws a td or int.

bigbluedefense
12-07-2006, 03:37 PM
I really hope Eli does well in his career but one thing that kind bothers me with eli is that he never shows emotion like his brother he sometimes plays as if he has no care if he throws a td or int.

He's starting to get more into it I noticed. I also noticed he's taking a more active role in being the offensive leader. I think once Tiki retires, Eli will be free to take on the leadership role but for now has to take a back seat to Tiki.

Jughead10
12-07-2006, 03:42 PM

He's starting to get more into it I noticed. I also noticed he's taking a more active role in being the offensive leader. I think once Tiki retires, Eli will be free to take on the leadership role but for now has to take a back seat to Tiki.

I saw the most emotion ever from Eli this past weekend against Dallas when they went for the 4th and 1. You could see Eli was screaming to the sideline we're going for it. It was good to see. Of course Jacobs ended up screwing it up and we didn't convert.

bigbluedefense
12-07-2006, 03:44 PM

I saw the most emotion ever from Eli this past weekend against Dallas when they went for the 4th and 1. You could see Eli was screaming to the sideline we're going for it. It was good to see. Of course Jacobs ended up screwing it up and we didn't convert.

Wasn't it the most half-assed "we're going for it" you ever seen? Lol, when I saw it I was like damn, thats the most emotion out of Eli Ive ever seen, and I get more excited than that when I drink water.

Splat
12-07-2006, 03:49 PM
There will never be another John Elway he was one of a kind even if it kills me to say it.

Staubach12
12-07-2006, 03:58 PM
:roll:

2drama
12-07-2006, 04:01 PM
Eli Manning is the Next John Elway...

And i am high on W-$-$-D :lol: :lol:

San Diego Chicken
12-07-2006, 04:12 PM
This is somewhat ridiculous, the only player in that Giants/Cowboys game who reminded of Elway was Romo. But I suppose we should all congratulate Eli for not throwing any interceptions this week.

eacantdraft
12-07-2006, 04:22 PM
-Eli Manning and John Elway were both the #1 pick in the draft. They were both traded for the 4th player chosen in the draft along with other players and picks.

-Eli Manning and John Elway were both drafted by teams that they never played for, and demanded a trade.

-Eli and Elway were both drafted first in drafts rich in the Quarterback position (Marino and Jim Kelly, Phil Rivers and Big Ben)

Elway

Eli

Peyton Manning may be the next Dan Marino, but Eli is the next John Elway, who has the rings.

It's posts like this that get you fangirls flamed. And you deserve to be flamed big time.

Eli will never have Elways mobility and elisiveness. That can't be taught. Wait until Eli scores his first points in the playoffs before going on about how he is the next Elway.

bearsfan_51
12-07-2006, 04:49 PM
Wow. Good thing you posted this. Before I thought Eli sucked, but now I see that he's the next John Elway.

Thanks.

bigbluedefense
12-07-2006, 04:50 PM
Damn, just when us Giants fans thought it was safe, out comes a thread like this, and we all take the heat for it.

SeanTaylorRIP
12-07-2006, 04:56 PM

QFT

Don't forget to throw in how they will boast about their FA moves and how this year is the year, etc. And how the media will eat it up and call them a SB favorite again.
I love how Giants fans call out other teams like the skins for saying Homeristic things. You are basing all of your Redskins statements on ST21, while no one calls out the fool who started this thread for calling Eli the next Elway.

Number 10
12-07-2006, 05:00 PM

QFT

I love how Giants fans call out other teams like the skins for saying Homeristic things. You are basing all of your Redskins statements on ST21, while no one calls out the fool who started this thread for calling Eli the next Elway.

The vast majority of Redskins fans were out of control last offseason.

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
12-07-2006, 05:03 PM
I remember one of the Skins fans during the summer started a thread that said "BLEDSOE OUT FOR SEASON!!!" and then his post was "oops nvm". And everyone flamed him. But as it turns out, I'm sure Cowboy fans wish iit was true.

bigbluedefense
12-07-2006, 05:04 PM

QFT

No, most of your buddies agreed with ST21. You were the only level headed one of the group. I hate for you to have to be associated with homerism because it doesn't reflect your posts, but don't blame us, blame your buddies, most of them were out of control this offseason.

SeanTaylorRIP
12-07-2006, 05:15 PM
Yeah we have some homeristic skins fans but to be honest I think it's mostly ST21. :lol: :lol: He can seem like 10 people sometimes. Cause really other than me Critesy and Hchu are really the only other skins fans with over 1,000 posts and you know them.

bigbluedefense
12-07-2006, 05:18 PM
Yeah we have some homeristic skins fans but to be honest I think it's mostly ST21. :lol: :lol: He can seem like 10 people sometimes. Cause really other than me Critesy and Hchu are really the only other skins fans with over 1,000 posts and you know them.

Come to think of it, yeah youre right, it was pretty much ST21, lol. Him and a couple of posters who don't post here anymore.

SeanTaylorRIP
12-07-2006, 05:28 PM
Haha yeah ST21 was pretty crazy, I always tried to defend him but it was hard. He has been rather calm though since coming back if you haven't noticed he has been here since like the past 4 months. Under the names Thagame2K6 and 21st. He hasn't said anything that annoys me other than when someone gives us Gaines Adams he says Skins don't draft DE's, that kinda annoys me.

bigbluedefense
12-07-2006, 05:40 PM
Haha yeah ST21 was pretty crazy, I always tried to defend him but it was hard. He has been rather calm though since coming back if you haven't noticed he has been here since like the past 4 months. Under the names Thagame2K6 and 21st. He hasn't said anything that annoys me other than when someone gives us Gaines Adams he says Skins don't draft DE's, that kinda annoys me.

So it was him saying that? I was always like "wtf, why wouldn't you?" everytime I heard that. Ive always said you guys needed a LE.

Ive read an interesting article on the Skins on espn though, I think you'd be interested in reading it. It gives you a behind the scenes on whats really wrong. I dont know how valid it is, but check it out.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?id=2672668&lpos=spotlight&lid=tab3pos1

I actually got it off Ward's sig, I found it to be an interesting read.

CC.SD
12-07-2006, 05:42 PM
Eli has proven absolutely nothing. At least with bucktooth John you could always see the spark. For all his physical tools, Eli doesn't have "it" and you can tell the Giants fans know it too, otherwise they wouldn't be so defensive all the time. :D

bigbluedefense
12-07-2006, 05:43 PM
Eli has proven absolutely nothing. At least with bucktooth John you could always see the spark. For all his physical tools, Eli doesn't have "it" and you can tell the Giants fans know it too, otherwise they wouldn't be so defensive all the time. :D

Eli has proved more than Rivers, so I wouldn't be talking. Rivers is this year's Ben Roethlisberger.

Mr. Stiller
12-07-2006, 05:46 PM

Eli has proved more than Rivers, so I wouldn't be talking. Rivers is this year's Ben Roethlisberger.

What is wrong with Reoth, as a rookie and 2nd year player they eased up on the playbook.... Any OC that doesn't is asking for trouble. Ben has been asked to do more but there's a ton of reasons why Roeth has had a bad season.. i don't see why everyone is so against Ben.

bigbluedefense
12-07-2006, 05:48 PM

What is wrong with Reoth, as a rookie and 2nd year player they eased up on the playbook.... Any OC that doesn't is asking for trouble. Ben has been asked to do more but there's a ton of reasons why Roeth has had a bad season.. i don't see why everyone is so against Ben.

Im not against Ben, I was just pointing out that Rivers is getting more acclaim than he deserves right now. Similar to Ben his first 2 seasons. Nothing against Ben, its just that he was a tad overrated by many after judging his first 2 seasons.

The same people are making the same mistake with Rivers this year. They rip on Ben and Eli, yet fail to realize that Rivers is no different from Ben last year, so theyre being hypocritical. Ive defended Ben on this hypocrisy before.

dcarey20
12-07-2006, 05:51 PM
i'm gonna go out on a limb and say eli isn't the next john elway.

SeanTaylorRIP
12-07-2006, 06:01 PM

So it was him saying that? I was always like "wtf, why wouldn't you?" everytime I heard that. Ive always said you guys needed a LE.

Ive read an interesting article on the Skins on espn though, I think you'd be interested in reading it. It gives you a behind the scenes on whats really wrong. I dont know how valid it is, but check it out.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?id=2672668&lpos=spotlight&lid=tab3pos1

I actually got it off Ward's sig, I found it to be an interesting read.

Yeah Ward posted it in the skins team thread I'm gonna read it a little later, saw how long it is and I'm not in the mood right now.

Splat
12-07-2006, 06:04 PM

That takes balls.

Mr. Stiller
12-07-2006, 06:04 PM

Im not against Ben, I was just pointing out that Rivers is getting more acclaim than he deserves right now. Similar to Ben his first 2 seasons. Nothing against Ben, its just that he was a tad overrated by many after judging his first 2 seasons.

The same people are making the same mistake with Rivers this year. They rip on Ben and Eli, yet fail to realize that Rivers is no different from Ben last year, so theyre being hypocritical. Ive defended Ben on this hypocrisy before.

I know you defended ben, thats why i was confused.

I agree it's hippocritical to proclaim rivers top 5 for doing the same thing they've knocked Ben for the last 2 years.

smittyjs
12-07-2006, 06:07 PM
Jay Cutler is the next Elway :wink:

Geo
12-07-2006, 06:07 PM
I couldn't tell you a thing about Eli's demeanor last week, but I know that I saw what was arguably his best performance yet in the pros as a starting quarterback.

Funny that.

Number 10
12-07-2006, 06:38 PM
I couldn't tell you a thing about Eli's demeanor last week, but I know that I saw what was arguably his best performance yet in the pros as a starting quarterback.

Funny that.

That was not arguably his best performance in the pros.

12-07-2006, 06:48 PM
yea Eli has had several better games then last week. definitely.

And when you say Eli doesnt show emotion, come on. Its his second season as QB. He is directing the offense more but hes playing with a lot of seasoned veterans out there. he doesnt want to show up guys like Tiki, Toomer, shockey, and the line who have been in the league and on the Giants a lot longer then him. He is still a relative newcomer.

KILLERSANTA
12-07-2006, 06:54 PM
Romo is the next Tom Brady

They both took over for drew blesoe and they both win

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

PS tom brady sucks

nrk
12-07-2006, 08:12 PM
yea Eli has had several better games then last week. definitely.

And when you say Eli doesnt show emotion, come on. Its his second season as QB. He is directing the offense more but hes playing with a lot of seasoned veterans out there. he doesnt want to show up guys like Tiki, Toomer, shockey, and the line who have been in the league and on the Giants a lot longer then him. He is still a relative newcomer.

People are born with emotion. You don't gain it through playing years in the NFL, plus he played through high school / college. :roll:

Mr. Stiller
12-07-2006, 08:16 PM

PS tom brady sucks

by far one of the worst posters... he's up against Soybean.

cunningham06
12-07-2006, 08:17 PM
...... NOT!!!!

DChess
12-07-2006, 08:21 PM
no

KILLERSANTA
12-07-2006, 08:28 PM

PS tom brady sucks

by far one of the worst posters... he's up against Soybean.
:roll:

KILLERSANTA
12-07-2006, 08:29 PM

That takes balls.

:lol: :lol:

ricky bobby
12-07-2006, 08:39 PM
Last week it was a ELI SUCKS!!!! thread. This week it's a thread comparing Manning to the greatest QB in nfl history. :roll: You people flip flop more than John Kerry on foreign policy.

Namy
12-07-2006, 08:46 PM
lol eli manning will be very solid. He may even be great. But don't say he is the next John Elway when has only played three years in the NFL hahah

12-07-2006, 08:48 PM
Last week it was a ELI SUCKS!!!! thread. This week it's a thread comparing Manning to the greatest QB in nfl history. :roll: You people flip flop more than John Kerry on foreign policy.

I just came to this site a couple weeks ago but I have always been an Eli supporter

njx9
12-07-2006, 09:54 PM
if eli manning carries the new york giants to the super bowl next year, literally by himself on offense, you can compare him to elway and i'll agree with you. until that happens, the only similarity they *might* have is that their hometown fans hate them in year 3 (and i don't know for sure if the general giants fans hate eli yet or not).

danman253
12-07-2006, 10:27 PM
Is this thread a joke?

duckseason
12-07-2006, 10:32 PM
Is this thread a joke?

Seriously. John Elway is arguably the greatest QB to ever live. At the HS level, college level, and in the NFL. *arguably*
Eli is Peyton's brother and Archie's son. He has plenty of potential, but nothing like what Elway had. There are a few parallels in their stories at this point in Eli's career, but that's the extent of it. It's like comparing Luke Ridnour to John Stockton. Some similarities, but.......not even close.

doingthisinsteadofwork
12-07-2006, 10:36 PM
Is this thread a joke?yes.

cunningham06
12-07-2006, 11:28 PM
Is this thread a joke?

Seriously. John Elway is arguably the greatest QB to ever live. At the HS level, college level, and in the NFL. *arguably*
Eli is Peyton's brother and Archie's son. He has plenty of potential, but nothing like what Elway had. There are a few parallels in their stories at this point in Eli's career, but that's the extent of it. It's like comparing Luke Ridnour to John Stockton. Some similarities, but.......not even close.

As far as HS goes they didn't get much more dominant than Kerry Collins.

duckseason
12-07-2006, 11:36 PM
Is this thread a joke?

As far as HS goes they didn't get much more dominant than Kerry Collins.

Yeah, it's tough to argue about that 'cuz none of us have seen enough guys at that level to label anybody the best. I'm just going off what I've heard. When Elway showed up at Stanford as a Freshman, 2 sophomore's immediately transferred out. Don't much care about that, or his college career though 'cuz that was before my time. From what I've seen though, he was the best QB in the NFL. Just ahead of Dan Marino.

yodabear
12-07-2006, 11:37 PM
Fine then, Tony Romo is the next Joe Montana and Steve Young combined into 1.

rainbeaukid2
12-07-2006, 11:50 PM
how do you get 25.3 tds?

Paul
12-08-2006, 07:44 AM

Elway

Eli

God your an idiot.

Addict
12-08-2006, 07:45 AM
Is this thread a joke?

He's right though... Elway and Eli both were unimpressive their first years. So Eli MUST be the next Elway. Totally makes sense. (NOT)

Come on... Elway was a GREAT quarterback who just had to get started, maybe (for the giants' sake hopefully) he will someday justify the fact that the Giants gave up Rivers & Merriman for him. But for now, Eli Manning is an avarage quarterback at best. What he's going to do in the next few years remains to be seen. Don't go compare him to one of the greats just because they both got off to a rough start.

12-08-2006, 07:54 AM
This is just an extension of the Giants Team Discussion. The only people who will think this comparison works are Giant fans.

smittyjs
12-08-2006, 08:13 AM
This is just an extension of the Giants Team Discussion. The only people who will think this comparison works are Giant fans.Smitty agree's with you.....

njx9
12-08-2006, 08:17 AM

Elway

Eli

God your an idiot.

excellent response. :roll:

so glad you decided to post just for THAT.

njx9
12-08-2006, 08:24 AM
the other interesting thing here, is how few of you have any idea what you're talking about with regard to elway. most of you only remember his last two year when he finally won the super bowl because most of you were either not old enough, or didn't live anywhere near denver to see his games. everyone in denver HATED him for his early years. a fair number of broncos fans hated him right up till the 97-98 season.

again, in his fourth year, elway finally showed that he can put a team on his back and carry it someplace. he did it two more times before anyone on the offense helped at all.

either post why this is a ridiculous comparison (i think it is for several reasons, but that's not the point) or sit down, shut up and wait till next year.

Paul
12-08-2006, 08:45 AM

Elway

Eli

God your an idiot.

excellent response. :roll:

so glad you decided to post just for THAT.

Everyone else pretty much called him out on where and why heis wrong. Nothing much to add after that.

eacantdraft
12-08-2006, 08:55 AM
the other interesting thing here, is how few of you have any idea what you're talking about with regard to elway. most of you only remember his last two year when he finally won the super bowl because most of you were either not old enough, or didn't live anywhere near denver to see his games. everyone in denver HATED him for his early years. a fair number of broncos fans hated him right up till the 97-98 season.

again, in his fourth year, elway finally showed that he can put a team on his back and carry it someplace. he did it two more times before anyone on the offense helped at all.

either post why this is a ridiculous comparison (i think it is for several reasons, but that's not the point) or sit down, shut up and wait till next year.

Elway had success in his 2nd year. The team went 13-3 and would have won the playoff game against Pittsburgh if Reeves would have pulled Elway after he injured his groin and put in Kubiak.

The teams that Elway took to the Super Bowl in the 80's had no business of even being in the playoffs. Sammy Winder at RB and the 3 amigos at WR were not exactly Pro Bowlers. It was Elway and a turnover producing defense that got them to the Super Bowl where they inevitably met a much stronger NFC team.

Eli style is no where similar to Elway. Eli is not good at throwing on the run. He's more mobile than Peyton, but is not a runner. Eli also has a possible future HOF at RB and upper eschelon WR's, but has yet to score his first playoff points. He gives the typical Manning performance in the playoffs.

Elway and his father saw Baltimore for what it was, a horrible franchise. Eli and his father showed they could judge talent if it was right in front of them.

njx9
12-08-2006, 09:17 AM
Everyone else pretty much called him out on where and why heis wrong. Nothing much to add after that.

and yet you still felt compelled to add something. awesome.

njx9
12-08-2006, 09:22 AM
Elway had success in his 2nd year. The team went 13-3 and would have won the playoff game against Pittsburgh if Reeves would have pulled Elway after he injured his groin and put in Kubiak.

sure, although i'm not sure that record was so much evidence of elway's success or not (as his numbers weren't all that great). that season, he reminded me more of jake last year. not a bad guy behind center, but certainly not the sole reason for the team's success like he was later in his career.

The teams that Elway took to the Super Bowl in the 80's had no business of even being in the playoffs. Sammy Winder at RB and the 3 amigos at WR were not exactly Pro Bowlers. It was Elway and a turnover producing defense that got them to the Super Bowl where they inevitably met a much stronger NFC team.

Eli style is no where similar to Elway. Eli is not good at throwing on the run. He's more mobile than Peyton, but is not a runner. Eli also has a possible future HOF at RB and upper eschelon WR's, but has yet to score his first playoff points. He gives the typical Manning performance in the playoffs.

Elway and his father saw Baltimore for what it was, a horrible franchise. Eli and his father showed they could judge talent if it was right in front of them.

absolutely. like i said, i think the comparison was poor, but most people are speaking as if john was not only great his entire career but like everyone loved him. realistically, that wasn't ever true. i don't personally think eli's a bust, as i think if he had a different last name people would view him differently, but to each their own there.

12-08-2006, 10:19 AM
where does the myth that Eli has good Recievers come from? Shockey is not utilized enough, but he is a great TE. Other then that, he has nothing. Plaxico is not a #1 reciever. he would be a great #2 but thats it. Toomer is out, but he is a middle of the road #2...

Tiki rarely catches passes. There is absolutely no depth at WR and we dont even have a #3 Wideout. Eli has garbage to throw too since Toomer went out. And even before that, his recieving crew was middle of the road

bigbluedefense
12-08-2006, 10:37 AM

sure, although i'm not sure that record was so much evidence of elway's success or not (as his numbers weren't all that great). that season, he reminded me more of jake last year. not a bad guy behind center, but certainly not the sole reason for the team's success like he was later in his career.

absolutely. like i said, i think the comparison was poor, but most people are speaking as if john was not only great his entire career but like everyone loved him. realistically, that wasn't ever true. i don't personally think eli's a bust, as i think if he had a different last name people would view him differently, but to each their own there.

I loved the defensive scheme that mid 80s Broncos defense ran. It was very complex, and a great 3-4/4-3 hybrid. Probably the best hybrid Ive ever seen in terms of Xs and Os.

While Elway had no help on the offensive side of the ball the same can be said of Eli on the defensive side. Eli's defense consisted of 4th string LBs in the playoffs last year, which was the real reason why we lost. We couldn't stop them, and in turn, Eli forced something to happen and got picked off as a result of it on the offensive side of the ball. Even this year, the defense has been our achilles heal, all thanks to Tim Lewis, mediocre safeties, and injuries.

Im one who says theres no way you can make the comparison. Eli has a long way to go before he's Elway, but I also noticed how everyone here thinks that Elway was great his whole career. Elway had a career 55% completion rating. You don't hear anyone here talk about his accuracy issues.

While I agree that the Eli Manning supporters have no business talking right now, I also believe that Eli gets unfair criticism. Its like he's judged on a different measuring stick from everyone else.

bearsfan_51
12-08-2006, 10:39 AM

Elway

Eli

God your an idiot.

It never gets old.

bigbluedefense
12-08-2006, 10:44 AM

Elway

Eli

God your an idiot.

It never gets old.

Upper class pwns bourgeoisie

eacantdraft
12-08-2006, 10:49 AM
where does the myth that Eli has good Recievers come from? Shockey is not utilized enough, but he is a great TE. Other then that, he has nothing. Plaxico is not a #1 reciever. he would be a great #2 but thats it. Toomer is out, but he is a middle of the road #2...

Tiki rarely catches passes. There is absolutely no depth at WR and we dont even have a #3 Wideout. Eli has garbage to throw too since Toomer went out. And even before that, his recieving crew was middle of the road

Love how you throw Eli's teammates under the bus, especially since you are wrong. Shockey get lots of catches, but he is a ball hog who wants more. A tight end is rarely a # 1 receiver anyways.

Burress has had 3 1,000 yard seasons in his career and is much better than average.

Tiki gets about 50 catches per season under Eli. That's better than Shaun Alexander.

The Giants want to limit the number of times Eli throws. The Giants are never going to have a high flying Rams like offense under Eli. That's not Giants football and that is not effective playing outdoors in NY in November and December.

bearsfan_51
12-08-2006, 12:13 PM

Elway

Eli

God your an idiot.

It never gets old.

The bourgeoisie is the upper (and middle) class.

DeathbyStat
12-08-2006, 03:38 PM
This a horrible comparison any that this comparison is apt is really dumb. Elway carried teams to super bowls by himself. Elway's mobility and arm strength are legendary. Elway might be the last true franchise QB to appear in the NFl

This is a joke, Elway is a hall of famer, Eli has three years under his belt, what a joke

12-08-2006, 03:39 PM
This a horrible comparison any that this comparison is apt is really dumb. Elway carried teams to super bowls by himself. Elway's mobility and arm strength are legendary. Elway might be the last true franchise QB to appear in the NFl

This is a joke, Elway is a hall of famer, Eli has three years under his belt, what a joke

Umm Peyton Manning? Among quite a few others. That statement made no sense.

bigbluedefense
12-08-2006, 03:46 PM

Elway

Eli

God your an idiot.

It never gets old.

The bourgeoisie is the upper (and middle) class.

I thought it was the upper middle class and middle class? Eh, whatever.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/bourgeoisie

Dictionary.com says its just middle class, but Ive heard it pertains to upper middle as well.

Smooth Criminal
12-08-2006, 09:54 PM
I really hate when people make these kinds of predicitons about players. All it does is make Eli look like a huge diaspointment even if he plays well if he doesn't outplay Elway which very few people do. He already has to live with being copared to his brother and always being expected to be as good as him. I just think people need to stop setting Eli up to be a disapointment.

If his name wasn't Manning people wouldn't consider him to be a huge bust at this point. But since his name is Manning people expect him to be his brother right now and that just isn't fair.

Plus he has to deal with the pressures of New York but he picked that poison.

Zim3031
12-08-2006, 09:56 PM
Is this thread implying that if Eli was not struggling this year, than he would not be the next Elway? But now that he is struggling he will be Elway?

nobodyinparticular
12-09-2006, 12:15 AM
^ It would seem yes...

As for this thread. Does anyone else feel like making an Eli Manning thread? I mean, it's not like we just had an 8+ pager less than a week ago. This is really getting ridiculous. This is last new one that will be made. Anymore Eli Manning threads will not just be closed, they will be deleted. If you want to talk about Eli Manning, you can dig up one of the old ones and post in there, or you can all get together to discuss Eli Manning's facial complexion and tight butt in the Giants thread.

12-09-2006, 12:33 AM
"As for this thread. Does anyone else feel like making an Eli Manning thread? I mean, it's not like we just had an 8+ pager less than a week ago. This is really getting ridiculous. This is last new one that will be made. Anymore Eli Manning threads will not just be closed, they will be deleted. If you want to talk about Eli Manning, you can dig up one of the old ones and post in there, or you can all get together to discuss Eli Manning's facial complexion and tight butt in the Giants thread."

well sorry but I have been on this forum for less then a week. Am I suppose to research every topic that has ever been discussed here before posting or what?

Shiver
12-09-2006, 01:11 AM
Is this thread implying that if Eli was not struggling this year, than he would not be the next Elway? But now that he is struggling he will be Elway?

If he was not struggling, the thread will be "LOL @ teh Haters, Manning is just like Carson Palmer."