PDA

View Full Version : Teams most likely to win the Brian Brohm sweepstakes.

eacantdraft
06-13-2007, 09:18 AM
Provided that Brohm stays healthy (a big if), and has a good senior season, what teams are most likely to have the 1st pick in the draft.

My favorites.

Miami - Iffy draft picks the past few years, teams in their division getting better while Miami is getting worst puts them in contention for the pick. Beck is not a good enough talent to pass by Brohm.

Minnesota - They didn't add much in the offseason, their division is improving too while they aren't. Travaris Jackson looked raw and awful last year when he played.

Tennesee - They would trade down or take someone else if they get the first pick. They hardly improved themselves from last year and lost many players in the off season. Vince Young only can get them so far.

Oakland - The team with the worst record last season gets one of the toughest schedules from the football gods. A green rookie head coach with 0 NFL or college football head coaching experience and a rookie QB behind a shaky offensive line doesn't make the 2007 season look bright. Like Tennesee, Oakland will trade out of the number 1 spot or take a player like McFadden if Michael Bush has more injury problems.

SuperKevin
06-13-2007, 09:21 AM
I am not so sure if Brohm is the consensus #1 pick. Nobody ever said it HAS to be a QB. If Darren McFadden Comes out I can see him being #1 pick material along with Jake Long and Calais Campbell.

I'd say Minnesota needs him more than anyone else does right now. They're QB depth is so bad. USC has a better QB lineup then they do.

Gribble
06-13-2007, 09:44 AM
I don't know about Minnesota because of the division they play in. They can beat the Lions and Packers with their defense and running game and that alone can take them out of the #1 pick race.

ricky bobby
06-13-2007, 10:02 AM
I'm going to say Atlanta and Minnesota. Atlanta will be distracted by Vick's off field issues all year, and I don't think he'll be able to handle Petrino's system. If Tavaris Jackson will be starting in Minnesota, they'll win like 3-5 games. They are in for a long season, If I was the GM, i'd give Culpepper a look. Other teams that may be up there IMO, Redskins, Chiefs, Browns.

Miami will be decent with Trent Green, and even if they do land that high, they drafted a QB in round 2 who will be given a chance to start, so I doubt they take Brohm. Oakland - I actually think Oakland will win 5-7 games next year. They have a nice young defense, and their offense will be drastically better with a QB that can sling the ball downfield.

Acreboy
06-13-2007, 10:35 AM
How is Oakland mentioned? If they get the #1 pick again they will trade out of it or draft McFadden.

Michigan
06-13-2007, 11:03 AM
Not sure I'd call it the Brohm sweepstakes, but I say the odds are:

Dallas (f/ CLE) 3-1
Detroit 5-1
Washington 8-1
Green Bay 8-1
Oakland 10-1

(~73% chance it's one of these teams)

draftguru151
06-13-2007, 11:21 AM
3 of those 4 teams have practically a 0% chance of taking a QB next year.

Geo
06-13-2007, 12:31 PM
And I'm not even sure Brohm is the consensus top-ranked QB either. I do like him as a prospect, but in the last two years we've seen much better quarterbacks in Leinart and Quinn respectively who didn't go as expected months earlier, and I liked Leinart and Quinn more.

ricky bobby
06-13-2007, 12:34 PM
And I'm not even sure Brohm is the consensus top-ranked QB either. I do like him as a prospect, but in the last two years we've seen much better quarterbacks in Leinart and Quinn respectively who didn't go as expected months earlier, and I liked Leinart and Quinn more.
I think Kiper has him ranked as his top senior overall.

SuperKevin
06-13-2007, 12:38 PM

Yeah but that changes so many times that you can't even pay attention to him now. 2 weeks from now we could see that Jake Long is the top senior and then 2 weeks later it'll be Glenn Dorsey

etk
06-13-2007, 12:38 PM
Tampa Bay has relegated Chris Simms to 3rd string. Put them in the mix...

JeffSamardzijaIRISH
06-13-2007, 01:26 PM

Jake Plummer out of retirement? Or Gradkowski beat him out???

etk
06-13-2007, 01:40 PM
Jake Plummer out of retirement? Or Gradkowski beat him out???

Apparently Grads has jumped him to take the #2 spot, *sigh*.

JeffSamardzijaIRISH
06-13-2007, 01:41 PM

Lmao wtf, Gradkowski sucks. I said Simms sucked earlier in the year, but didn't think he'd suck this much.

etk
06-13-2007, 01:43 PM
Lmao wtf, Gradkowski sucks. I said Simms sucked earlier in the year, but didn't think he'd suck this much.

It's gonna be a long year until April...

*sighs again*

Geo
06-13-2007, 01:46 PM
That doesn't mean much of anything to me, to be perfectly honest.

Wow.

M.O.T.H.
06-13-2007, 01:48 PM

*sighs again*

Only 320 days, 21 hours, 11 minutes and 31 seconds to go until the draft...Woo hoo!

Oh wait...****!

SFbear
06-13-2007, 01:57 PM
Is this going to be like the Matt Leinart and Brady Quinn sweepstakes? In other words which team will be lucky when the 2nd rated QB falls to them later in the draft.

Flyboy
06-13-2007, 02:03 PM

.... Wooow.

M.O.T.H.
06-13-2007, 02:09 PM
Who's shaking it like a polaroid picture in your sig?

Flyboy
06-13-2007, 02:14 PM
The highly talented Sara Ramirez.

Addict
06-13-2007, 02:57 PM
The highly talented Sara Ramirez.

she sure is talented.

M.O.T.H.
06-13-2007, 03:01 PM
i had to look up here name... i had no idea who she was... never seen grey's anatomy.

Paranoidmoonduck
06-13-2007, 03:26 PM
Let the season start before we start this "sweepstakes" talk. In 2005, no one thought we'd be talking about the Reggie Bush sweepstakes before that season began.

Brohm could be #1 and he could not, but he isn't guaranteed anything, and I think there's a lot of potential for a disappointing season this year for him.

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
06-13-2007, 03:41 PM
The top three that would take Brohm with the 1st pick would be.

1 - Minnesota
2 - Atlanta
3 - Green Bay

Geo
06-13-2007, 03:53 PM
Let the season start before we start this "sweepstakes" talk. In 2005, no one thought we'd be talking about the Reggie Bush sweepstakes before that season began.

Brohm could be #1 and he could not, but he isn't guaranteed anything, and I think there's a lot of potential for a disappointing season this year for him.
Darren McFadden sweepstakes imo.

Kidding aside, it's probably the Jake Long sweepstakes if anything. More teams need a left tackle than a quarterback.

Paranoidmoonduck
06-13-2007, 03:59 PM
Darren McFadden sweepstakes imo.

Kidding aside, it's probably the Jake Long sweepstakes if anything. More teams need a left tackle than a quarterback.

Some team that no one thought needed a quarterback always looks for one early on in the following draft.

McFadden seems like the most likely, but there's also a distinct possibility that the team picking #1 won't need a runner.

Addict
06-13-2007, 04:07 PM
The top three that would take Brohm with the 1st pick would be.

1 - Minnesota
2 - Atlanta
3 - Green Bay

Even though I think they overachieved last year, no way they end up in the top 3, or in any postion to trade into it.

brat316
06-13-2007, 04:11 PM
I think its Browns, Minnesota, raiders, Greenbay, Lions, washington

keylime_5
06-13-2007, 04:14 PM
Not sure I'd call it the Brohm sweepstakes, but I say the odds are:

Dallas (f/ CLE) 3-1
Detroit 5-1
Washington 8-1
Green Bay 8-1
Oakland 10-1

(~73% chance it's one of these teams)

cleveland got a lot better this year on the offensive line. They will win 6 to 8 games, when's the last time 6, 7, or 8 win team picked first?

I say it's gonna be either Tennessee, Oakland, Minnesota, or maybe Washington if Campbell bombs this year (unlikelY)

simms2clayton
06-13-2007, 04:22 PM
Um, who said Brohm was the consensus #1 QB for next season.

I think Andre' Woodson will be the first QB chosen next April.

Also, my pick for the #1 overall selection next year is Calais Campbell.

MNRunLeft
06-13-2007, 04:31 PM

If Minnesota does struggle with TJack running the show I would expect the Vikings to take Woodson over Brohm due to the fact that I think Childress likes his QB's a little more mobile more in the mold of McNabb.

With that said I don't think the Vikings will end up with the first pick becuase they have the same great defense coming back and improved the offense just enough to win 6 to 8 games this year.

My pick to have the #1 overall is going to be the Tampa Bay Bucs because I'm just not sold on Garcia being able to play the way he did in Philly and with Simms dropping to 3rd on the depth chart I think they will be looking QB in next years draft.

Most other teams will probably be looking at Long, McFadden or Campbell at #1 not QB this year.

Geo
06-13-2007, 04:36 PM
If Minnesota does struggle with TJack running the show I would expect the Vikings to take Woodson over Brohm due to the fact that I think Childress likes his QB's a little more mobile more in the mold of McNabb.
If Childress has the first overall pick in the Draft next year, then his job is on the hot seat and he'd be better served offering the 33rd overall pick to the Eagles for Donovan McNabb himself.

NickBam
06-13-2007, 04:59 PM
Can someone explain to me why Tennessee gets mentioned so much? VY did what it took to win last year as a rookie and I expect him to improve. I expect an 8-8 or 7-9 record out of them.

draftguru151
06-13-2007, 05:04 PM
Can someone explain to me why Tennessee gets mentioned so much? VY did what it took to win last year as a rookie and I expect him to improve. I expect an 8-8 or 7-9 record out of them.

Because their offense pretty much consists of him and David Givens.

jbeans187
06-13-2007, 05:07 PM

They have done nothing to improve, VY has the madden curse, they lost their only wr and and pac man. Their backfield is Lendale White and Chris Henry. Jeff Fisher should be coach of the year if they win 5 games.

doingthisinsteadofwork
06-13-2007, 06:00 PM
I think it will be the Andre Woodson sweepstakes.

brat316
06-13-2007, 06:03 PM
yeah its going to be the Woodson sweepstakes unless Calvis becomes the most sought after.

Yeah if Ten wins at least 5 games that will be amazing

BuckNaked
06-13-2007, 07:14 PM
Can I just go out and say that the Vikings will not get the first overall pick. In case you guys remember, the reason Tarvaris Jackson first started is because it was physically impossible to suck more than Brad Johnson. So stop saying we're going to do worse than Jackson. Our team has improved from last year in the passing attack and the rushing game. Not to mention, Woodson will go #1 next year.

jbeans187
06-13-2007, 07:19 PM
Woodson wont go #1 bc the Titans will draft McFadden

doingthisinsteadofwork
06-13-2007, 07:21 PM
Woodson wont go #1 bc the Titans will draft McFadden
Lets not be silly the Titans have Lendale White and Chris Henry.

jbeans187
06-13-2007, 07:22 PM
Lets not be silly the Titans have Lendale White and Chris Henry.

Exactly, if its not McFadden it will be Jake Long or Campbell

draftguru151
06-13-2007, 07:35 PM
Exactly, if its not McFadden it will be Jake Long or Campbell

Titans don't need a OT, Campbell maybe, McFadden makes sense because if they are picking #1 White didn't get the job done.

doingthisinsteadofwork
06-13-2007, 07:37 PM
and neither will Henry.

brat316
06-13-2007, 08:01 PM
i think they would draft a WR, since they have amazing WRs

BaLLiN
06-13-2007, 08:41 PM
Lions would need a QB the most, but I think they might be zeroing in on Limas Sweed

HoopsDemon12
06-13-2007, 11:32 PM
ya i dont think its the brian brohm sweepstakes... i think he is overated... but i also think the lions may be in for another bad season...

jbeans187
06-13-2007, 11:36 PM
Lions would need a QB the most, but I think they might be zeroing in on Limas Sweed

Nice...haha

Canuck
06-14-2007, 02:38 AM
I am not so sure if Brohm is the consensus #1 pick. Nobody ever said it HAS to be a QB. If Darren McFadden Comes out I can see him being #1 pick material along with Jake Long and Calais Campbell.

I'd say Minnesota needs him more than anyone else does right now. They're QB depth is so bad. USC has a better QB lineup then they do.

USC has a better QB lineup than quite a few NFL teams. :D

Crow
06-14-2007, 04:16 AM
I'm just in awe that anyone is surprised that Son of Simms is getting leapfrogged. Hell, he'd be 3rd string in Minnesota or Detroit. Nevermind Tampa.

Crow
06-14-2007, 04:18 AM
Also...a Bush/McFadden backfield. That warrants some serious wood right there. Mahogany.

M.O.T.H.
06-14-2007, 04:45 AM
I'm just in awe that anyone is surprised that Son of Simms is getting leapfrogged. Hell, he'd be 3rd string in Minnesota or Detroit. Nevermind Tampa.

Major Applewhite was better...

Addict
06-14-2007, 06:28 AM

and more popular, and had a cooler name.

Caddy
06-14-2007, 07:08 AM

*sighs again*

I'm blinded by your optimism.

eacantdraft
06-14-2007, 09:01 AM
Um, who said Brohm was the consensus #1 QB for next season.

Also, my pick for the #1 overall selection next year is Calais Campbell.

Almost every board I seen has Brohm as the #1 QB. Some have him the number 1 player overall.

Woodson has only 1 good season and he isn't even the concensus #2 QB, let alone # 1

simms2clayton
06-14-2007, 09:18 AM
Almost every board I seen has Brohm as the #1 QB. Some have him the number 1 player overall.

Woodson has only 1 good season and he isn't even the concensus #2 QB, let alone # 1

Maybe Woodson has only had 1 good season because the talent on his team has been so freaking bad (up until last year, at least offensively) and he is in the SEC East.

As opposed to coming to a program with a dominant OL, running game, talented WRs, in the very competitive Big East.

Every one has Brohm #1 because he is the apple of ESPN's eye. After September 15 that will all change.

brat316
06-14-2007, 09:25 AM
You can compare Woodson to Young in college, Young had one good season yeah he did have 49 TD that year. But then the next year he come out big and decides to go to the nfl draft.

Why can't Woodson hit it big like Young the second year.

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
06-14-2007, 10:49 AM

Speaking of Major Applewhite. Seems like his is going to be an up and coming coach.

Here is an article.
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/columns/story?columnist=maisel_ivan&id=2902665&lpos=spotlight&lid=tab5pos3

P-L
06-14-2007, 11:22 AM

Carson Palmer wasn't a consensus top five QB before he came out. Hell, he didn't even have one good season under his belt prior to the 2002-03 season. He ended up being the #1 pick. The only reason Brohm is the consensus #1 QB is because this is a weak QB class and he has a lot of hype.

Sveen
06-14-2007, 11:51 AM
Brohm is far from a lock to be the #1 pick yet. It all depends on his (and other players) season and which teams end up getting the pick.

keylime_5
06-14-2007, 12:08 PM

Because they could have just as easily have won 4 or 5 games last year as they could have won 9 or 10......and this year VY is a sophomore (2nd year QB jink), they lose Travis Henry, Drew Bennett, Pacman Jones, and Bobby Wade. White is overweight and probably will get hurt in a full season of work, and Chris Henry is basically a 4th or 5th round pick at RB who got taken in the 2nd round and is undeveloped. They were ranked really low both offensively and defensively last year, and they won't get lucky this time around.

That said I hope Tennessee wins a bunch of games this year, I love Vince Young, he's fun to watch. I say that even after he beat my Buckeyes 2 years ago.

eacantdraft
06-14-2007, 12:56 PM
Maybe Woodson has only had 1 good season because the talent on his team has been so freaking bad (up until last year, at least offensively) and he is in the SEC East.

As opposed to coming to a program with a dominant OL, running game, talented WRs, in the very competitive Big East.

Every one has Brohm #1 because he is the apple of ESPN's eye. After September 15 that will all change.

The media conspiracy theories are alive and well. Scouts, including Scott, must make their rankings based seriously on what ESPN says.

I didn't know that Louisville was such a large media market or has a huge football tradition. They have such a following.

Geo
06-14-2007, 12:56 PM
I would much sooner pick Tennessee than Minnesota to have the first overall pick, personally. There's no doubt in my mind that the Vikings have both the better offense and the better defense (especially as Leslie Frazier will improve the secondary) of the two.

d34ng3l021
06-14-2007, 01:24 PM
The only way Atlanta could be in the mix is if the league suspends Vick. With that, I think our offense will suffer alot and we will probably cut ties with Vick and then take Brohm. Bur if not, I dont think we will get close to the number 1 pick.

Ewing
06-14-2007, 01:27 PM
Tennesee - They would trade down or take someone else if they get the first pick. They hardly improved themselves from last year and lost many players in the off season. Vince Young only can get them so far.

Yeah he can only take them to an 8-8 record and win Rookie Of The Year after being expected to go 2-14 even though it was supposed to take three years for him to start.

simms2clayton
06-14-2007, 02:08 PM
The media conspiracy theories are alive and well. Scouts, including Scott, must make their rankings based seriously on what ESPN says.

I didn't know that Louisville was such a large media market or has a huge football tradition. They have such a following.

No, UL (very pathetictically doesn't have a following and only sold out 1 game last season in their 45,000 capacity pepperoni palace) doesn't have much tradition.

BUT, they are always on TV playing in the Big East every thursday.

How many games was UK nationally televised on last year? 3? (@UL, @UF, and the Music City Bowl)...and two of those teams went to the BCS.

How many teams did UL play that went to the BCS on their schedule? Andre Woodson and UK played some of the toughest defenses in the country last season with a below average OL.

Ewing
06-14-2007, 03:36 PM
ea I think it's amazing that you just tried to give me negative rep even though I completely debunked your full of crap "Why The Titans Should Draft Brohm" arguement. Why not come back and post another reason rather than acting like a child. You know what's funny? You're so far in the red that any rep you give has no impact.

eacantdraft
06-14-2007, 03:43 PM
No, UL (very pathetictically doesn't have a following and only sold out 1 game last season in their 45,000 capacity pepperoni palace) doesn't have much tradition.

BUT, they are always on TV playing in the Big East every thursday.

How many games was UK nationally televised on last year? 3? (@UL, @UF, and the Music City Bowl)...and two of those teams went to the BCS.

How many teams did UL play that went to the BCS on their schedule? Andre Woodson and UK played some of the toughest defenses in the country last season with a below average OL.

As we know from the past few years. The toughness of a schedule and conference in the college game has little to do with predicting how successful a QB will be at the NFL level.

eacantdraft
06-14-2007, 03:45 PM
ea I think it's amazing that you just tried to give me negative rep even though I completely debunked your full of crap "Why The Titans Should Draft Brohm" arguement. Why not come back and post another reason rather than acting like a child. You know what's funny? You're so far in the red that any rep you give has no impact.

Learn to read. Where did I say the Titans should draft Brohm?

I said this.
Tennesee - They would trade down or take someone else if they get the first pick. They hardly improved themselves from last year and lost many players in the off season.

Paranoidmoonduck
06-14-2007, 04:12 PM
Personally, I think what Woodson did last year was more impressive than anything I've ever seen Brohm do, but that's just me.

Brohm looks like an NFL quarterback, but I'd like to see him play like one for a full season and stay healthy while doing so.

I also don't think that Woodson is that far behind. His hype train has already left the station, and Mel Kiper Jr. appears to be on it (ranked Woodson the 6th best senior in the country). If Woodson posts similar numbers this coming season, he'll have two years of very impressive production in the SEC paired with very good physical tools.

How anyone could deny that this kid stands a fantastic chance of becoming the top quarterback taken is beyond me.

detroit4life
06-14-2007, 04:26 PM

real original think that one up by yourself?

Lions wouldnt even take a QB they'd take cambell

Addict
06-14-2007, 04:41 PM
real original think that one up by yourself?

Lions wouldnt even take a QB they'd take cambell

hey, 4 years out of 5, they do make a valid point. I do hope we get Calais, if in position to do so of course.

Paranoidmoonduck
06-14-2007, 04:42 PM
On the subject of teams that may be picking in the top 10 and could require a quarterback (the two seem to go hand in hand sometimes), here are the candidates in my opinion:

Tampa Bay
Detroit
Jacksonville
Minnesota
Green Bay
Dallas (though Cleveland's 1st rounder)
Kansas City
Atlanta
St. Louis

A few of those are a stretch, but those seems like the teams most likely to develop a need for quarterback over the course of next season.

Ewing
06-14-2007, 04:57 PM
Learn to read. Where did I say the Titans should draft Brohm?

I said this.

The title of the thread is "Teams most likely to win the Brian Brohm sweepstakes" and then you say "Vince Young can only take them so far." that pretty much implies that you think they should draft Brohm otherwise you wouldn't include them in a thread about him.

etk
06-14-2007, 06:07 PM
On the subject of teams that may be picking in the top 10 and could require a quarterback (the two seem to go hand in hand sometimes), here are the candidates in my opinion:

Tampa Bay
Detroit
Jacksonville
Minnesota
Green Bay
Dallas (though Cleveland's 1st rounder)
Kansas City
Atlanta
St. Louis

A few of those are a stretch, but those seems like the teams most likely to develop a need for quarterback over the course of next season.

I bolded the teams that are most likely to have a need and italicized the teams that have a fair chance. The other treams probably won't. I would add Carolina & Chicago as serious candidates as well. New York Giants in the mix too.

keylime_5
06-14-2007, 06:13 PM
Why is everyone on the Calais Campbell bandwagon here? He's good, probably a top 10 or top 15 pick, but he's never gonna be a #1 pick in any draft. He's 6-8/280 and he probably runs around 4.9 or so. He's not a speed rusher off the edge and might not even be the best pass rusher in the 08 draft. His body is shaped kinda weird, something that will work against him too. I think the #1 pick will be only Brohm, McFadden, or another Qb who emerges (Woodson maybe?). I don't think Long or Baker are top pick good, and none of the defenders are.

etk
06-14-2007, 06:40 PM
Why is everyone on the Calais Campbell bandwagon here?

He's a beast, a FON, and truly a rare DE prospect. You'll find out for yourself soon enough.

keylime_5
06-14-2007, 06:58 PM
Still, he's not a Mario Williams, Julius Peppers athlete (6-7/290 and runs a 4.6). I don't see him going #1 at all.

ricky bobby
06-14-2007, 07:04 PM
Campbell is closer to Jamaal Anderson than Mario Williams IMO. Not top 3 worthy, but still a top 10 pick, possibly top 5. A lot will depend on his 40 time, which sounds ridiculous for a DE, but that's the way it is.

etk
06-14-2007, 07:15 PM
Still, he's not a Mario Williams, Julius Peppers athlete (6-7/290 and runs a 4.6). I don't see him going #1 at all.

I think he's the best DE since Peppers, homer glasses or not. His explosion and sideline-to-sideline quickness is much better than you suspect. He can make plays all over the field like a rush OLB. I don't see him going #1 because it is unlikely to unfold that way but he should be an "elite prospect" on all draft publications.

draftguru151
06-14-2007, 11:07 PM
Campbell is 6-8, 282, is great against the pass and the run, has extremely long arms, great lower body strength (330 power clean), is a very explosive player (37 inch vert), and also has a very high motor, and this is all as a sophomore. Up to the day Williams was drafted his motor was questioned, Campbell is already the leader of the defense. He still has a lot to do, but looking at him right now he can definitely contend for the best prospect next year.

JeffSamardzijaIRISH
06-14-2007, 11:08 PM
I thought Campbell ran like a 4.5-4.6, but he also had a monsterous 37 inch vert. Very impressive for 6-8, 280 pounds.

Addict
06-15-2007, 07:17 AM
Campbell is 6-8, 282, is great against the pass and the run, has extremely long arms, great lower body strength (330 power clean), is a very explosive player (37 inch vert), and also has a very high motor, and this is all as a sophomore. Up to the day Williams was drafted his motor was questioned, Campbell is already the leader of the defense. He still has a lot to do, but looking at him right now he can definitely contend for the best prospect next year.

Any idea? A quick google search has gotten me a 4.65, a 4.7 (no specific) but I'm not sure tose are recent timings.

brat316
06-15-2007, 09:28 AM
Campbell is nice, usually his 40 time will change from when he was firsted timed to now, he probably is faster. The man is a best, he eats little kids.

The Packers will draft a QB 1st overall

Addict
06-15-2007, 10:24 AM
Campbell is nice, usually his 40 time will change from when he was firsted timed to now, he probably is faster. The man is a best, he eats little kids.

The Packers will draft a QB 1st overall

Packers don't suck bad enough.

P-L
06-15-2007, 11:44 AM

I agree here. I'm a huge fan of Campbell, but he's not in the same group as Peppers or Williams, like some of the hype suggests. He's my #1 DE prospect for next year, but he isn't a contender for #1 overall in my opinion.

Sveen
06-15-2007, 12:21 PM
As of now; I see Brohm or McFadden going #1. A lot can change in 10 months though ;)

jbeans187
06-15-2007, 12:44 PM
Why is everyone on the Calais Campbell bandwagon here? He's good, probably a top 10 or top 15 pick, but he's never gonna be a #1 pick in any draft. He's 6-8/280 and he probably runs around 4.9 or so. He's not a speed rusher off the edge and might not even be the best pass rusher in the 08 draft. His body is shaped kinda weird, something that will work against him too. I think the #1 pick will be only Brohm, McFadden, or another Qb who emerges (Woodson maybe?). I don't think Long or Baker are top pick good, and none of the defenders are.

Weird because hes a freak, a beefy Jason Taylor

Iamcanadian
06-17-2007, 05:16 AM
Considering that pro GM's believe that QB is the most important position on a football team as indicated by the fact that QB's have gone #1 overall 8 of the last 10 years with only Vince Young missing out as the other draft year didn't have a top ranked QB drafted in the top 10.
If Brohn has a very good season, he will be the odds on favourite to be the #1 overall pick.

duckseason
06-17-2007, 06:20 AM
Considering that pro GM's believe that QB is the most important position on a football team as indicated by the fact that QB's have gone #1 overall 8 of the last 10 years with only Vince Young missing out as the other draft year didn't have a top ranked QB drafted in the top 10.
If Brohn has a very good season, he will be the odds on favourite to be the #1 overall pick.
Yeah. But let's not forget what people were saying about Vince prior to his '05 season. He was considered by many to be a long shot to ever play QB in the NFL. For all we know, somebody could crawl out of the woodwork between now and then. You're right though, Brohm is the favorite right now. But there are a whole lotta candidates who could end up rising above him on teams' big boards. I'm not sure Brohm is all that clear cut as the #1 anyway. I'd imagine there are a lot of teams salivating over Andre Woodson right now. I really need to see more of him though before I make my own rankings.

As far as my prediction for the #1 pick? I'm leaning towards Tampa. It's tough though. Looking at all the teams, I could realistically picture most of them in the playoffs. I just don't see it with Tampa though.

Staubach12
06-17-2007, 12:42 PM
This is by no means the "Brian Brohm sweepstakes." There's any number of players who could be drafted #1. I've got my money on McFadden. As far as who will have that #1 pick, there's a large number of teams who could have it. Dallas through Clevland is a possibility. I could see the Titans if Vince doesn't improve. Their success last year was in large part due to Travis Henry. Perhaps Oakland, maybe Washington. The Vikings, maybe. I could see the Bucs.

IrishBrowns
06-17-2007, 10:41 PM
how the draft works now-a-days, he will likely not be the first selection of the draft....they will likely find someone that jumps high, and suddenly he will become the first pick...plus the needs priority is always there....

I doubt hes the number 1 overall pick

Phrost
06-17-2007, 10:47 PM
I would ecstatic if the Bucs had the #1 pick but that joy would soon be stomped on by the fact that we would have to draft Brohm.