PDA

View Full Version : Simms dropped to 3rd on Bucs Depth Chart

simms2clayton
06-13-2007, 07:24 PM
Wow, didn't see this coming.

I said all during the draft that we needed to trade the kid for a late 2nd or 3rd round draft choice or even in a deal to get Calvin Johnson (but I am very happy with our draft and do not regret us at all not trading to get him).

http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/myfox/pages/Sports/Detail?contentId=3471458&version=5&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=6.3.1

dbtb135
06-13-2007, 07:31 PM
I don't see this as a big deal. Garcia is definitely outplaying every other QB we have, but Simms will still have the backup spot if/when he gets back into rhythm.

Phrost
06-14-2007, 12:24 AM
It doesn't matter.
All of our QBs suck.

Caddy
06-14-2007, 02:46 AM
Just one of Gruden's mind games.

simms2clayton
06-14-2007, 08:36 AM

LOL, he is insane.

TRJ997
06-14-2007, 08:58 AM
I'm not so sure this is solely a motivational tool by Gruden. I could easily see Simms out of TB next year, which means Grads at #2 makes sense. Maybe he's been lifting weights all offseason and can throw the ball further than 20 yards without it floating for 5 seconds.

Watchman
06-14-2007, 11:22 AM
In a recent interview Simms said he doesn't have his timing or rythm back yet. Perhaps the team is beginning to wonder if he can rebound from the injury. If he can't, I don't see why he can't but I still have my spleen and I'm not an NFL QB so what do I know, then he has a pretty big cap number for a #3 QB.

Either way, the Bucs need a long term answer at QB because they don't have one right now.

etk
06-14-2007, 07:04 PM
I said all during the draft that we needed to trade the kid for a late 2nd or 3rd round draft choice or even in a deal to get Calvin Johnson (but I am very happy with our draft and do not regret us at all not trading to get him).

HAHAHA. You don't regret us not drafting CJ? We'll see about that one down the road, but all I will say is that after seeing our picks unfold I would've given our entire first day for CJ (wouldn't mind keeping Black, though).

I sure hope so, but I guess I'm not the CRAZY SIMMS HOMER you make me out to be, because I think Gruden seriously hates him and I have absolutely no hope left. I wish him the best in Detroit, New York or wherever he goes.

etk
06-14-2007, 07:06 PM
Perhaps the team is beginning to wonder if he can rebound from the injury. If he can't then he has a pretty big cap number for a #3 QB.

I just saw this, lol, it's so true...

one_of_a_kind24
06-14-2007, 07:15 PM
Just an FYI:
Chris Simms was taking second-string reps today not third-string reps. Luke McCown and Bruce Gradkowski were taking third-string reps today. Pewter Report doesn't necessarily believe the Fox 13 report and we think the Tribune is just piggy-backing on the report without really studying at practice today.

etk
06-14-2007, 07:18 PM
Oh well, the damage is done already IMO

Watchman
06-14-2007, 10:55 PM
Oh well, the damage is done already IMO

Not necessarily. From the sounds of the PR interview with Simms he still has some work to do in terms of getting back to 100%. Grads getting reps with the 2nd during an OTA doesn't signal anything in my opinion.

Phrost
06-14-2007, 11:35 PM
What EtK says is true. Based on our first day picks(excluding Black) the talent we drafted is < than CJ.

Watchman
06-15-2007, 01:51 AM
That remains to be seen, but the Bucs weren't CJ away from being competitive. I wasn't in favor of the team trading away picks to get CJ, too many holes to fill. They addressed some of the positions I was hoping they would in the draft, we'll have to see how the young guys turn out.

Caddy
06-15-2007, 02:09 AM
I sure hope so, but I guess I'm not the CRAZY SIMMS HOMER you make me out to be, because I think Gruden seriously hates him and have absolutely no hope. I wish him the best in Detroit, New York or wherever he goes.

lol etk, you regularly make me laugh.

Merlin
06-15-2007, 09:18 AM
It's no secret that I'm not a huge fan of Chris Simms, but to think that the QB race for any of the 3 spots is over, is very naive IMO.

If Simms is having as much trouble as we're led to believe with his throwing motion etc, (due to his spleen etc) then it would seem to be sensible to let Grads take the 2nd string reps for the time being at least.

It's June, lets wait and see?

etk
06-15-2007, 11:00 AM
No, I'm angry and I don't want to wait and see. Just get the season over with and let Garcia and Gruden lead us to the promised land that is Brian Brohm.

And the Bucs fans rejoice!

Tampa 2 4 life
06-15-2007, 12:16 PM
No, I'm angry and I don't want to wait and see. Just get the season over with and let Garcia and Gruden lead us to the promised land that is Brian Brohm.

And the Bucs fans rejoice!

Gruden + Veteran Quarterback in the end of his career = Won Games

Please see Brad Johnson and Rich Gannon for details.

Canadian_kid16
06-15-2007, 03:15 PM
:eek: I still like Simms

Phrost
06-15-2007, 03:29 PM
:eek: I still like Simms

You may want to change your sig now....

Anyways I would only want Brian Brohm if we get a new coach and a new system.

etk
06-15-2007, 05:35 PM
Gruden + Veteran Quarterback in the end of his career = Won Games

Please see Brad Johnson and Rich Gannon for details.

Quite the argument you got there. Gruden had success with 2 veteran QBs so surely Garcia will be the same. Thanks for the laughter.

-black
06-15-2007, 07:05 PM
ugggh.............

Tampa 2 4 life
06-15-2007, 07:10 PM
Quite the argument you got there. Gruden had success with 2 veteran QBs so surely Garcia will be the same. Thanks for the laughter.

Hey, we all know Gruden prefers Veteran QBs to Young ones.
I seriously doubt if Gruden is around next year we'll get Brian Brohm even if we're in position. We'd probably get a FA like Bulger.

simms2clayton
06-15-2007, 07:14 PM
Brian Brohm sucks. period I will cry if we draft him.

-black
06-15-2007, 07:18 PM
Draft Brohm Drafr Brohm Draft Brohm

Caddy
06-15-2007, 07:22 PM
I seriously doubt if Gruden is around next year we'll get Brian Brohm even if we're in position. We'd probably get a FA like Bulger.

Why do you doubt whether he will be around. If the veteran QB he brought in wins like you were so keen to point out earlier, why would Chucky lose his job?

Tampa 2 4 life
06-15-2007, 07:27 PM
Why do you doubt whether he will be around. If the veteran QB he brought in wins like you were so keen to point out earlier, why would Chucky lose his job?

I have no idea what "Progress" is to the Glazers. I'd be willing to bet he'll stay, at least for one more year.

Caddy
06-15-2007, 08:12 PM

I have no idea what "Progress" is to the Glazers. I'd be willing to bet he'll stay, at least for one more year.

Contradicting a little?

Tampa 2 4 life
06-15-2007, 08:13 PM
Contradicting a little?

"I seriously doubt if Gruden is around next year, we'll get Brian Brohm"

How is that contradicting?

Caddy
06-15-2007, 08:19 PM
I seriously doubt if Gruden is around next year

I'd be willing to bet he'll stay, at least for one more year.

How does that sound to you?

etk
06-15-2007, 08:22 PM

I know and agree, I'm just saying that past precedent of completely different players gives little indication on Jeff Garcia's impending performance.

etk
06-15-2007, 08:27 PM
Brian Brohm sucks. period I will cry if we draft him.

Where do you get this opinion from? Please elaborate as I (and many other I assume) are keenly interesting as to why you think Brian Brohm "sucks". Please give more than the generic response that I used to explain my hatred for Brady Quinn last year ;). "He's unproven against good competition" and all that other BS.

How does that sound to you?

Stop stirring the pot ;). You know damn well what he meant when he said that. Those were interesting snippets when taken out of context, though.

Caddy
06-15-2007, 09:02 PM
Stop stirring the pot ;). You know damn well what he meant when he said that. Those were interesting snippets when taken out of context, though.

I was merely bending a truth :)

neko4
06-15-2007, 11:14 PM
Isnt this kinda how Daddy Simms' career began?
Injuries, moved down the depth chart, comeback?

Merlin
06-16-2007, 12:03 AM
Where is it written that Gruden prefers veteran QB's?...has he ever made a statment to that effect, the only reason I ask, is due to the constant "labeling", which imo, hangs around his kneck like a bloody ball and chain....lols

simms2clayton
06-16-2007, 12:59 AM
lols

What does "lols" mean?

Caddy
06-16-2007, 01:18 AM
What does "lols" mean?

Seeing as the Grammar Patrol is out, shouldn't your name be "Simms To Clayton"?

Phrost
06-16-2007, 02:12 AM
"You ain't seen nothing yet Tampa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

etk
06-16-2007, 09:17 AM
Where is it written that Gruden prefers veteran QB's?...has he ever made a statment to that effect, the only reason I ask, is due to the constant "labeling", which imo, hangs around his kneck like a bloody ball and chain....lols

Good point, it is all labelling but basically every media source cites his preference for veteran QBs when discussing Gruden. He's not very patient with young QBs who don't understand his offense and terminology. If young QBs broke this rule he wouldn't prefer veterans anymore, but they don't...

Watchman
06-16-2007, 10:11 AM
Good point, it is all labelling but basically every media source cites his preference for veteran QBs when discussing Gruden. He's not very patient with young QBs who don't understand his offense and terminology. If young QBs broke this rule he wouldn't prefer veterans anymore, but they don't...

Perhaps a more accurate statement is that Gruden isn't very patient with QBs who don't understand his offense and terminology. Because of the nature of his offense young QBs seem to struggle more than veterans.

-black
06-16-2007, 10:20 AM
so what do you think we will do with Simms now......(or after the season)

etk
06-16-2007, 11:17 AM
so what do you think we will do with Simms now......(or after the season)

He'll become a free agent and sign with the G-Men.

etk
06-16-2007, 11:27 AM
Ignore this

Man_Of_Steel
06-16-2007, 11:51 AM
Phil must be pissed.

Phrost
06-16-2007, 11:54 AM
Phil must be pissed.

Why is that exactly?

Merlin
06-16-2007, 01:53 PM
I'm sure every coach would prefer to have a QB who can project his playbook onto the field perfectly, regardless of age etc, but I don't think Gruden has had much to work with in terms of those "young QB's," with respect to Shaun King etc, you can't make a silk purse, out of a sows ear.

Caddy
06-16-2007, 06:35 PM
He'll become a free agent and sign with the G-Men.

He wouldn't become a Free Agent unless we cut him.

dbtb135
06-16-2007, 08:21 PM

Exactly. If Gruden goes after this season and Simms really is the better QB, he'd get his chance in 08. Even if we do draft a QB, he'd still be the front-runner.

etk
06-16-2007, 10:25 PM

He's on a 2-year contract? That's news to me. Maybe if Jason Campbell plays poorly we can get nice compensation from Washington for him.

Phrost
06-16-2007, 10:26 PM
He's on a 2-year contract? That's news to me. Maybe if Jason Campbell plays poorly we can get nice compensation from Washington for him.

Doug Williams 2.0 I swear to god.

etk
06-16-2007, 10:30 PM
Doug Williams 2.0 I swear to god.

Yes, except for one big difference.

There's my shot at disrespectful "humour"...

Phrost
06-16-2007, 10:31 PM
Yes, except for one big difference.

There's my shot at disrespectful "humour"...

I don't get it.

simms2clayton
06-16-2007, 10:43 PM
Seeing as the Grammar Patrol is out, shouldn't your name be "Simms To Clayton"?

Um, no.

Simms # is 2....Simms2Clayton...its a play on words for the Grammar Patrol.

Caddy
06-17-2007, 01:07 AM
Um, no.

Simms # is 2....Simms2Clayton...its a play on words for the Grammar Patrol.

A pun is by definition humorous, yours is not.

Caddy
06-17-2007, 01:09 AM

He is on a 2 year deal and I believe his base salary is approximately $2 million
with a lot of incentives based on playing time.

Fresh
06-21-2007, 06:33 PM
Didn't see it coming either, Simms just blows. 5 years in the system yet you have know idea how the hell to manage it.