PDA

View Full Version : Desean Jackson or Ted Ginn Jr?

Pages : 1 [2]

keylime_5
06-19-2007, 09:38 PM
He's not a flawless receiver. But he's still really really good. It doesn't take a homer to see that. There is a BIG bias against Ginn on this board by at least 80% of the people on here (73.45 on this board according to the poll :)). Seems like a web spot to hate on Ginn every time a thread about him pops up.

I wonder how good of a WR you'd be if you only played the position for 3 years. How can you be a completely finished product at WR after playing it for only 3 years in a college system? Gimme a break.

doingthisinsteadofwork
06-19-2007, 09:45 PM
Him being a WR for only three years doesnt change the fact that Desean is still a better more polished WR.

keylime_5
06-19-2007, 09:53 PM
That kinda didn't make sense. So the fact that Ginn is not that polished doesn't change the fact that Desean is more polished? Yet Ginn is still a better player with more potential. Don't believe me go watch every Ohio State game and every Cal game they played in and tell me that those PAC 10 corners aren't a bunch of no names who are slow and small. (that should at least keep some of you lame anti-Ginn people away for a while). The only good corner Jackson has faced his whole career is Antoine Cason, who has been burned repeatedly the past 2 years by noname WRs even. Okay, T.Thomas from SC is good too, but Jackson didn't do too well against SC I don't think anyway.

elway777
06-19-2007, 10:09 PM
You are ignoring the fact that Ginn might not develop into the all around receiver your suggesting. Your basically just comparing who's better by what Ginn "could" be. Desean on the other hand has less question marks.

Oh yeah fyi Desean was weighed in at 173 before spring practice this year. So people can stop the 155-160 b.s.

draftguru151
06-19-2007, 10:12 PM
Yes everyone that voted for Jackson is biased against Ginn, it couldn't possibly be that those people think Jackson is better, could it?

Sniper
06-19-2007, 10:37 PM
Hah that's a good one. You should do stand up. Ginn was only like the #3 overall player in the class of 2004 - which was a much better class than in 2005. I think Peterson was top in 04. Ginn is only an olympic athlete type who is the fastest man on the field in every game and is a threat to score every time he gets the ball. Manningham is like 6-0/180 and Jackson is like 5-11/165. Neither will be drafted as high as 9th overall either. Both times Ginn and Manningham met Ginn was by far the better player in that game.

The mass hatred for a great guy like Ted Ginn Jr. on this board really baffles me. Every other board he's not loathed except this one it seems. Very strange.

Manningham also ****** up his ankle this year. The hatred stems from him being one of the most overrated WR prospects in a while. The guy doesn't run good routes and has brick hands. Gee I don't know why everyone doesn't love him!

Phrost
06-19-2007, 11:33 PM
Manningham also ****** up his ankle this year. The hatred stems from him being one of the most overrated WR prospects in a while. The guy doesn't run good routes and has brick hands. Gee I don't know why everyone doesn't love him!

Manningham is one of the prospects I hope the Bucs land in the first. He should take Galloway's spot flawlessly.

soybean
06-20-2007, 12:18 AM
That kinda didn't make sense. So the fact that Ginn is not that polished doesn't change the fact that Desean is more polished? Yet Ginn is still a better player with more potential. Don't believe me go watch every Ohio State game and every Cal game they played in and tell me that those PAC 10 corners aren't a bunch of no names who are slow and small. (that should at least keep some of you lame anti-Ginn people away for a while). The only good corner Jackson has faced his whole career is Antoine Cason, who has been burned repeatedly the past 2 years by noname WRs even. Okay, T.Thomas from SC is good too, but Jackson didn't do too well against SC I don't think anyway.

you keep using this argument but by your logic, any player in a skill position in the pac-10 sucks then because they play against your supposed "weak defenses"?

so any big 10 counterpart to a player in the pac 10 is automatically the better player?

Sniper
06-20-2007, 12:29 AM
you keep using this argument but by your logic, any player in a skill position in the pac-10 sucks then because they play against your supposed "weak defenses"?

so any big 10 counterpart to a player in the pac 10 is automatically the better player?

Yes. That Reggie Bush guy? More like Reggie *****. He wouldn't survive in the Big 10 ;)

keylime, stop blowing Ginn. He runs **** routes and has bricks for hands. He's not gonna be able to run blow past corners in the NFL. Ask Michael Westbrook how that works. Yes, yes, I know. "He's only played WR for 3 years" That doesn't mean he couldn't learn to run more than 4 routes in 3 years.

TouchdownUSC
06-20-2007, 12:58 AM
Yes. That Reggie Bush guy? More like Reggie *****. He wouldn't survive in the Big 10 ;)

keylime, stop blowing Ginn. He runs **** routes and has bricks for hands. He's not gonna be able to run blow past corners in the NFL. Ask Michael Westbrook how that works. Yes, yes, I know. "He's only played WR for 3 years" That doesn't mean he couldn't learn to run more than 4 routes in 3 years.

i hope you are being sarcastic about Reggie Bush and the Big 10

Green Bay Scat
06-20-2007, 01:00 AM
woops different

Sniper
06-20-2007, 01:02 AM
i hope you are being sarcastic about Reggie Bush and the Big 10

Yes, I was kidding. The wink should have given it away. Reggie Bush is the best college player I have ever seen.

TouchdownUSC
06-20-2007, 01:05 AM
okay, you worried me for a minute

doingthisinsteadofwork
06-20-2007, 01:39 AM
aww the same old argements.You cant come up with anything new can you?Its always the Pac Ten sucks and lying about Jacksons weight.And then saying that Ginn is a better player despite having nothing to base it off.

keylime_5
06-20-2007, 10:41 AM
Yes everyone that voted for Jackson is biased against Ginn, it couldn't possibly be that those people think Jackson is better, could it?

Read the smiley face smartey pants.
And Ginn doesn't have brick hands, he has average hands. He's a good blocker in the run game too like most OSU WRs.

NOBLE
06-20-2007, 02:54 PM
DeSean Jackson = Peter Warrick II

Of course he's better than Ginn.

keylime_5
06-20-2007, 10:30 PM
Anyways the whole premise of this thread is "who would you take first" and I say Ted Ginn and I really don't think that Desean Jackson would've gone higher than Ginn in the same draft. Ginn went 9th overall this past April which is pretty darn high for a guy most of you put down so bad. If Miami didn't pick him Houston was gonna take him at 10. From what I've seen so far of 08 draft previews and such Jackson is not being talked up as a top 10 pick, but he might be too early to tell. I saw a point similar to that earlier in this thread, just wanted to re-up that comment. You guys might not agree with me but the pro scouts/personnel people have some cred. There's some ethos for ya. Ginn is bigger and faster and that's a lot bigger of a deal than you guys take it for. (if Ginn is 178 when injured and probably in the low 180s when not, then I doubt than Jackson is any more than 170 or so when playing. Plus Ginn is absolutely faster than Desean hands down).

(Keep in mind that Ginn had to compete with Adrian Peterson, Joe Thomas, JaMarcus Russell, Calvin Johnson and the like for draft position. 08 doesn't seem to be nearly as top heavy at all)

TouchdownUSC
06-21-2007, 01:50 AM
Ginn and Jackson seem pretty comprable in size. Besides, not to start a flame war but Ginn went too high in last years draft. there are dolphin fans that are still pissed that they picked Ginn over Quinn. i think Ginn was still a first round pick but should have been like a late first round pick instead of a top 10

keylime_5
06-21-2007, 10:55 AM
That's your opinion. Apparently the Dolphins and Texans think you're crazy.

Sniper
06-21-2007, 01:49 PM
That's your opinion. Apparently the Dolphins and Texans think you're crazy.

And as I've said before, this is why the Dolphins and Texans suck. Somehow they're always stuck at the bottom. Hmmmmmmmmmmmm...perhaps they need to hire someone with common sense to make these decisions.

TouchdownUSC
06-21-2007, 02:09 PM
i bet teams love seeing the dolphins and the texans get the first picks because they frequently pass on the most elite talent leaving them for later teams to swoop in and take. im still blown away with what the texans did with their first overall pick from 2006's draft

doingthisinsteadofwork
06-21-2007, 02:25 PM
Didnt the Texans pass on Reggie Bush and give away a ton of great picks for a QB whos been a backup his whole entire career.Your right they sound like they know what they're doing.

keylime_5
06-21-2007, 08:39 PM
I trust a crappy NFL team way before I trust some random poster on some draft message board though. If 2 teams in the top 10 think he's worth that high a pick then he must be. You want facts there you guys go: Ted Ginn was drafted 9th overall in 2007, and he would've gone 10th overall had Miami passed on him.

Sniper
06-21-2007, 09:18 PM
Didnt the Texans pass on Reggie Bush and give away a ton of great picks for a QB whos been a backup his whole entire career.Your right they sound like they know what they're doing.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA this is true. The Texans are also the same ones who threw a pile of cash at an unproven QB.

Sniper
06-21-2007, 10:46 PM
I trust a crappy NFL team way before I trust some random poster on some draft message board though. If 2 teams in the top 10 think he's worth that high a pick then he must be. You want facts there you guys go: Ted Ginn was drafted 9th overall in 2007, and he would've gone 10th overall had Miami passed on him.

And it's logic like taking Ted Ginn in the top 10 that have gotten teams into the top 10, so that really doesn't say much.

keylime_5
06-21-2007, 10:48 PM
I'm sure you'll be saying that after Ginn makes his 3rd or 4th straight pro bowl :)

Sniper
06-22-2007, 12:06 AM
In the AFC? Haha good luck with that. Maybe as a returner but definitely not a receiver. Good wideouts can run more than 5 patterns.

Mr. Stiller
06-22-2007, 01:12 AM
Personally,

By the time Jackson goes pro, he'll be a more complete WR... Ginn never fully developed at WR.

Who will have the better pro career? Depends how they develop the pro game.

I just think Jackson will be more developed going into the Pro's.

He was at the level Ginn was as a Junior, when he was a Sophmore.. I think depending on where Jackson goes, he may be a very very dominant player.

keylime_5
06-22-2007, 09:41 AM
I think they'll both be in the NFL long enough to peak their potential. So like QBs it really doesn't matter who's more polished of a WR at this point, it matters who will be a better WR/KR combo down the line which is where it is a toss up.