PDA

View Full Version : Jags interested in Daunte Culpepper

SuperKevin
06-14-2007, 08:35 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2903604

Apparently they are also trying to make a trade for JaMarcus Russell so they can have a monopoly on fat black QBs

bsaza2358
06-14-2007, 08:40 AM
If you look way back at the Duante Culpepper thread, I mentioned the Jags as a likely destination. Overall, I doubt that any team will trade for Culpepper due to his contract and the fact that he will be cut, but the Jags could definitely sign him as a FA.

M.O.T.H.
06-14-2007, 10:37 AM
I thought the Lions would come a knocking.

bsaza2358
06-14-2007, 10:40 AM
The Lions might try to sign Culpepper in free agency, but there's no reason for them to invest a draft pick in that horrid contract.

jag
06-14-2007, 11:08 AM
Still no way it happens, we already have enough inconsistent QB's on our roster.

TitleTown088
06-14-2007, 12:06 PM
Ha, he messed up his hand in the crash.

Don Vito
06-14-2007, 03:34 PM
Ha, he messed up his hand in the crash.

Yea he can't catch a break

critesy
06-14-2007, 05:02 PM
oh man culpepper throwing to calvin johnson, would it be culpepper-moss esque all over or is he just done flat out.

RaiderNation
06-14-2007, 05:11 PM
If i were the Jags i wouldnt take him unless the contract isnt big. They allready have 2 okay QB's

Phrost
06-14-2007, 05:45 PM
oh man culpepper throwing to calvin johnson, would it be culpepper-moss esque all over or is he just done flat out.

No it wouldn't be Moss esque. Moss has/had much better down field speed than Calvin.

GREENSMACKS
06-15-2007, 02:22 AM
jags problems isnt the qb its there wr's couldnt catch a STD in a crackhouse

CC.SD
06-15-2007, 03:00 AM
jags problems isnt the qb its there wr's couldnt catch a STD in a crackhouse

That's catchy.

Get it?

JagHombre22
06-15-2007, 07:29 AM
I don't know about you, but if he went to a crack house, I think he'd might be more likely to catch an addiction than an STD?

Notredameleo
06-15-2007, 08:39 AM
Is culpepper to the lions a possibility, because i havent heard anything about him coming here!

neko4
06-15-2007, 09:06 AM
Is culpepper to the lions a possibility, because i havent heard anything about him coming here!

I doubt it considering DET has Kitna and Stanton

ks_perfection
06-15-2007, 11:33 AM
If i were the Jags i wouldnt take him unless the contract isnt big. They allready have 2 okay QB's

I can't see him getting much of a contract since there isn't alot of demand for him from different teams.

DChess
06-15-2007, 12:49 PM
i really disagree with this, i mean, if you had culpepper, you have three QB's with identical styles, leftwich and culpepper are almost the same, and i would much rathe rhave leftwich, and gerrard, has a little more mobilty but still in the same mold.

The Unseen
06-15-2007, 02:45 PM
The question is: Garrard/Gray or Culpepper? I probably would rather have both, but Culpepper is intriguing. If Culpepper fully recovers, you may have a gold mine on your hands. However, that's a really big question mark.

One thing that Culpepper has always been good for is being accurate. Even in his lean years, he was accurate. Turnovers/production were his overriding issues, not to mention injury.

Acreboy
06-15-2007, 02:50 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2903604

Apparently they are also trying to make a trade for JaMarcus Russell so they can have a monopoly on fat black QBsIf only JaMarcus was fat.

The Unseen
06-15-2007, 02:55 PM
If only JaMarcus was fat.

Or if Leftwich was fat.

49ersfan_87
06-15-2007, 03:16 PM
If the jags take culpepper, i think they would jettison garrard and keep gray. I like grays potential more than garrard.

LonghornsLegend
06-15-2007, 04:14 PM
when i heard this i couldnt understand why they would want another identical qb with almost the same problems as the one you have starting...maybe if you sign him its not a big risk, but if they felt they needed a qb this bad i thought quinn was an option, i dont think culpepper is a huge upgrade over leftwich, or the other 2 who could very well be about as valuable as daunte is

GREENSMACKS
06-16-2007, 02:47 AM
i think a culpepper with a turd knee is faster the leftwich, even though its an ungrade, the jags OC is saying williams and jones are on the roster bubble. they are slow wrs and drop way too many passes. need to get the proper wr's that go with the qbs strengths before they have any success in the pass game

OzTitan
06-16-2007, 09:27 AM
I don't see the point in bringing him in, adding Culpepper is only adding another question mark to their QB position, which I think is somewhat counterproductive.

ks_perfection
06-16-2007, 02:30 PM
I think it would be good to bring him in to rehabilite him and maybe next season he could contribute. I wouldn't want him having any chance of playing this season since I doubt he'd be ready.

JT Jag
06-16-2007, 02:43 PM
i think a culpepper with a turd knee is faster the leftwich, even though its an ungrade, the jags OC is saying williams and jones are on the roster bubble. they are slow wrs and drop way too many passes. need to get the proper wr's that go with the qbs strengths before they have any success in the pass gameJones isn't that slow, and Williams doesn't drop many passes.

CC.SD
06-16-2007, 04:51 PM
Jones isn't that slow, and Williams doesn't drop many passes.

There's no way that Jones in on the bubble. I could see Reggie Williams though. There's just not enough production there. I like his play though.

yourfavestoner
06-17-2007, 02:07 PM
There's no way that Jones in on the bubble. I could see Reggie Williams though. There's just not enough production there. I like his play though.

No way. Jones will get cut before Williams does.

Williams was on his way to a breakout season last year until Leftwich got hurt and Captain Turnover got behind center. Williams still managed to lead the receivers in receptions. He also has the best hands of the wide receivers.

To tell you the truth, Matt Jones really hasn't shown that he's good at anything other than being a puss. He's slow, avoids contact, can't block and is constantly hurt.

JT Jag
06-17-2007, 03:01 PM
No way. Jones will get cut before Williams does.

Williams was on his way to a breakout season last year until Leftwich got hurt and Captain Turnover got behind center. Williams still managed to lead the receivers in receptions. He also has the best hands of the wide receivers.

To tell you the truth, Matt Jones really hasn't shown that he's good at anything other than being a puss. He's slow, avoids contact, can't block and is constantly hurt.And yet, with all those traits he led the team in receiving yardage, YPC and receiving first downs last year.