PDA

View Full Version : Did your team draft the prospects you wanted?

49ersfan_87
06-15-2007, 10:09 PM
What are some prospects that you, personally, wanted your team to draft, and they did end up drafting them?

Also, what are some prospects you did not want your team to draft, but they did anyways?

For the 49ers, i really wanted jason hill and tarrell brown. They drafted them in the 3rd and 5th round respectively. I was really glad we got them.

As for any prospects that i didnt want us to draft, there werent really any. Most of the other picks i didnt know about, or were on my list but just not as high as other prospective picks.

JeffSamardzijaIRISH
06-15-2007, 10:15 PM
I really wanted Reggie Nelson on the Falcons, but it never happened. It worked out though, as we got Chris Houston, and Jimmy Williams moves to FS.

KILLERSANTA
06-15-2007, 10:16 PM
I really wanted AD, Dumb Viking ;)

draftguru151
06-15-2007, 10:17 PM
Hmm, I liked picking up Lorenzo Booker. Other than that I really wasn't a huge fan of anyone else we drafted, but I do like Beck and Satele. Didn't really like any of the other picks.

Green Bay Scat
06-15-2007, 10:21 PM
Personally i wanted Branch for the Packers, but other than that i really didnt care. I loved the Jones pick and i can see us draftin Lowery next year. I wish we drafted Powdrell, but hes on our team. He'll surprise and be the starter, i know he will, if hes 100%

Sniper
06-15-2007, 10:23 PM
I wanted a safety but there was no value at the #26 pick for the Eagles. Dwayne Jarrett was still around as was David Harris, but I guess a fourth string QB is a good pick at that spot.

ncstateviking
06-15-2007, 10:25 PM
i really wanted the jets to pick up either carricker or francis. but i didnt really think of revis or harris as a possibility so i am content with missing out on them.

-black
06-15-2007, 10:41 PM
Hmm, I liked picking up Lorenzo Booker. Other than that I really wasn't a huge fan of anyone else we drafted, but I do like Beck and Satele. Didn't really like any of the other picks.

really? thats kind of mind boguling coming from you

islandboy843
06-15-2007, 10:46 PM
Hell NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

HoopsDemon12
06-15-2007, 11:07 PM
I LOVED OUR DRAFT... wow like i was angry we didnt get P-Willy at first but... i got my fav linebacker in the draft beaing Poz and my favorite safety in the draft being Wendling... it was good all round because we really needed a back and lynch fit well

doingthisinsteadofwork
06-15-2007, 11:10 PM
No.But I was happy with how our draft went overall.

umphrey
06-15-2007, 11:39 PM
If the Packers didn't draft Landry (which was highly unlikely) I wanted them to pick up Rouse in the mid rounds. We used a 3rd on him.

Don Vito
06-15-2007, 11:42 PM
Brandon Meriweather was one of my favorite players in the draft and he filled a position of need, so I loved that pick as a Pats fan. That was about it though considering we didn't pick again until round 4. I have always been a Justise Hairston fan though, I liked picking him up in the later rounds, he could be a good power back.

draftguru151
06-15-2007, 11:42 PM
really? thats kind of mind boguling coming from you

:/ I actually like good FSU players, just hard to find them.

HoopsDemon12
06-15-2007, 11:46 PM
:/ I actually like good FSU players, just hard to find them.

HAHAHAHA now a days... yes.... back in the day... wow you could buy them by the bucket full

Green Bay Scat
06-15-2007, 11:47 PM
they were so good, they had a kicker go in the 1st round, what a wasted pick...

HoopsDemon12
06-16-2007, 12:04 AM
they were so good, they had a kicker go in the 1st round, what a wasted pick...

personally i think gruden is slow in the head when it comes to drafting... he makes some idiotic picks... i think he is one of... ONE of the worst drafting coaches ever... he ignores his scouts... thats why he was taken in the first... but still an accomplishment in it self, i actually really wished i had of watched more of florida state when they were in their glory days..

Paranoidmoonduck
06-16-2007, 12:37 AM
I was a big fan of Russell, I thought Miller was the best TE in the draft and I think Moses fell further than was warranted.

I was never a huge fan of Bush, but I really like getting him where we did.

megansett56BC
06-16-2007, 01:23 AM
i was kinda hoping that the pats would draft david harris with the pick they traded to san fran... but if they draft an ILB with a 1st next year (or if harris busts) i won't care too much

no love
06-16-2007, 02:19 AM
I am extremely happy with the 9ers draft, Patrick Willis is going to be the cornerstone of our defense for the next ten years I think.

I am a Pac-10 guy so Hill was on my list and I was extremely happy with him in the third... I was hoping for a wr in the 2nd. Hill has the advantage of sitting a year, I really think he can be dominant in this offense.

I was a little skeptical of Staley. But Kwame was so bad I will trust the staffs decision to draft him.

Phrost
06-16-2007, 02:28 AM
Based on the players Tampa drafted with the second rounders they should have just packaged the picks for CJ.

Caddy
06-16-2007, 05:47 AM
Did the Buccaneers get the guys I wanted? No not really.

I was really hoping we would nab Eric Weddle in the 2nd but it just wasn't to be. I suppose Piscitelli isn't too bad but Weddle would have been great.

Phrost
06-16-2007, 06:16 AM
Did the Buccaneers get the guys I wanted? No not really.

I was really hoping we would nab Eric Weddle in the 2nd but it just wasn't to be. I suppose Piscitelli isn't too bad but Weddle would have been great.

Was San Diego the team that traded up for him?

TankGiant
06-16-2007, 08:58 AM
I love the Giants Zak Deossie pick in the 4th....

Phrost
06-16-2007, 09:01 AM
I love the Giants Zak Deossie pick in the 4th....

The kids a freak.

theogt
06-16-2007, 09:07 AM
I love the Giants Zak Deossie pick in the 4th....That was a great pick. Dallas was deciding whether to pick DeOssie, Doug Free, or Stanback early in the 4th, and figured Stanback had the least chance to fall. Still I was very happy with the Free pick with our 2nd 4th rounder. I was screaming for us to pick him in the 3rd, but to my delight we got him for a late 4th.

Also, Spencer was my #1 pick.

PACKmanN
06-16-2007, 10:56 AM
not really, i wanted Rouse but i also wanted Tony Hunt and Olsen. I guess i can live with it.

Chris30277
06-16-2007, 12:18 PM
The worst case scenario for Atlanta was picking Jamaal Anderson. I actually was hoping for Landry, Brown or Anderson. So naturally when Landry and Brown were off the board, I was happy with Anderson. I was hoping for Blalock, and Robinson. We drafted Blalock when I thought we would, but I was surprised we drafted Robinson in the third. I was extreamly happy with picking up Datish, but I was perplexed by the Milner pick, I really wanted Ben Patrick.

remix 6
06-16-2007, 12:20 PM
straight up no lie. I wanted Meriweather(my fav player in draft)...and we got him

we didnt draft any other prospects i wanted. I was hoping for Josh Wilson or David Harris in round 2 but no luck

DeathbyStat
06-16-2007, 12:49 PM
For the steelers I wanted Anthony Spencer Tony Hunt, Tim Shaw, and Ryan Kalil

JCutlery
06-16-2007, 12:54 PM
I was happy that we stuck with the big uglies instead of picking any skill position players, which we didn't need. I was, however, hoping for a safety that excels in coverage to be picked in the later rounds (josh gattis maybe?).

KCJ58
06-16-2007, 01:06 PM
i personally wanted Jaamal Anderson but i think Carriker in the end will be better for the Rams

etk
06-16-2007, 01:09 PM
Did your team draft the prospects you wanted?

No!

Paul
06-16-2007, 01:28 PM
We got Anthony Spencer, that is who i wanted, so I was very happy about that. And I did want them to take a look a Future LT, since Flozell is going into his last year of his deal, so picking up a guy like Free was great. And COURTNEY BROWN, one of the few DivII guys I reallyed liked this year. So I was very happy with some of the picks.

M.O.T.H.
06-16-2007, 01:32 PM
Wasnt ideal but, i'm happy w/ it. If we we're to draft an OLB we got the one i wanted.

Vikes99ej
06-16-2007, 01:34 PM
No they didn't draft who I wanted, since the Bucs got Gaines Adams. But I still love our pick.

M.O.T.H.
06-16-2007, 01:37 PM
No they didn't draft who I wanted, since the Bucs got Gaines Adams. But I still love our pick.

I love the guy you picked...cant say i'm happy he's a Viking.

DorianSmith
06-16-2007, 01:56 PM
No i wanted Micheal Griffin we didnt even have a 1st round pick

Sniper
06-16-2007, 02:01 PM
No i wanted Micheal Griffin we didnt even have a 1st round pick

Correction. We did have a first round pick, but we were dumbasses and traded it to our #1 rival so they could upgrade their pass rush.

Man_Of_Steel
06-16-2007, 02:03 PM
Well I wanted the Steelers to draft a running back. Michael Bush, Brian Leonard, Jackie Battle, Nate Ilaoa, Thomas Clayton.

They didnt draft one.

M.O.T.H.
06-16-2007, 02:23 PM
Well I wanted the Steelers to draft a running back. Michael Bush, Brian Leonard, Jackie Battle, Nate Ilaoa, Thomas Clayton.

They didnt draft one.

yup, now Jackie Battle is tearing it up in Dallas.

rainbeaukid2
06-16-2007, 02:51 PM
i really liked the willis, hill, brown, and mcdonald pics for the niners

Addict
06-16-2007, 05:04 PM
I wanted Willis, Gaines Adams would've done us a lot of good on the defensive, we got Calvin Johnson, so in the end I'm not complaining.

But the fact we traded out of the second pick in the second round baffled me, our LB core could use A LOT of help and Poz was still on the board... I honestly did not understand that move. Stanton was okay, and Ikaika is hopefully a diamond in the rough. Other than that I don't know much about anyone we drafted.

So am I happy? Kinda... Did we draft who I wanted... no.

ATLDirtyBirds
06-16-2007, 05:07 PM
I really wanted us to draft LaRon Landry or Calvin.

Addict
06-16-2007, 05:10 PM
I really wanted us to draft LaRon Landry or Calvin.

Well you could've gotten to LaRon... small trade up... Calvin on the other hand... that'd been expenpensive.

Giantsfan1080
06-16-2007, 05:34 PM
I liked Steve Smith and Zak DeOssie a lot so I'm glad the Giants took them both. My 2 favorite picks for us.

keylime_5
06-16-2007, 05:44 PM
I wanted Eric Wright. Check on that one. Who wouldn't want Joe Thomas? He was tied for first with about 3 other guys for player most wanted in the whole draft for me along with Peterson, Johnson, and maybe Russell.

NickBam
06-16-2007, 06:09 PM
I loved Greg Olsen, so I'm happy there. I also wanted a guard prospect like Josh Beekman and we got him. Gotta love CB depth so Devin Hester doesn't have to make a fool of himself playing CB. So overall, a pretty satisfying draft.

NY+Giants=NYG
06-16-2007, 07:46 PM
I wanted Beason, but I like the Smith pick. Never heard too much about him especially living in Jersey, Jarret would be in the papers, but more I hear about smith from the USC fans and read about him in the media for the mini camps and OTAs, the more I like him. I think he will be a good pickup.

Scotty D
06-16-2007, 07:50 PM
Honestly. I watched the Lions first pick. Then I went and hung out with my friends. Later that night I came back and turned on ESPN to check out the ticker. When I saw that we had three second rounders and had taken Stanton, IAF, and Alexander I let out a loud WTF. I was stunned. Not nessecarily in a bad way though.

SeanTaylorRIP
06-16-2007, 08:04 PM
Landry and Blades are exactly who I projected, albeit Blades in the 5th not the 6th which is even better. Liked Sartz and Jordan Palmer, hated Tyler Ecker pick.

OSUGiants17
06-16-2007, 08:12 PM
would have liked to get Reggie Nelson and or Brandon Merriweather

Go_Eagles77
06-16-2007, 08:28 PM
I actually had the Eagles taking Abiamiri, Bradley, Hunt, Gaddis, and Ilaoa in a mock draft in some point of time, I never had us taking more than 2 of those guys in the same mock, but in some point of time I wanted the eagles to take all our guys besides Kolb, Celek, and Barksdale.

RaiderNation
06-16-2007, 08:37 PM
i wanted CJ more but im fine with russell

Matthew Jones
06-16-2007, 09:18 PM
What are some prospects that you, personally, wanted your team to draft, and they did end up drafting them?

Also, what are some prospects you did not want your team to draft, but they did anyways?

I was really hoping the Patriots would draft Brandon Jackson in the third, someone like a Paul Williams (with potential that could be coached up by Belichick), Daymeion Hughes, DeAndre Jackson, Marcus Hamilton, Ndukwe, or Bullitt. I was really disappointed with their draft initially with the exceptions of Meriweather, Brown, Moss, and the trades (rounds 5 on), but it sounds like a lot of the prospects are doing well.

Crow
06-16-2007, 09:41 PM
Wasn't a fan of the Russell pick, obviously.

Was hoping like hell Spencer would fall to 2:1. Trading back and grabbing Miller was a smart move, though...especially if Alan Branch turns out to be a bust. There were a couple guys I wanted more at that point, but I'm definitely pleased with the Miller pick.

Moses at 3:1 was a surprise, simply because it made too much sense. I'm not used to that with this team.

When we traded for NE's 3rd rounder, I glanced over the board and couldn't figure out who the hell we could be targeting. I'm sorely disappointed that it was a late round prospect like Mario Henderson. Clearly an Al Davis pick. Daymeion Hughs or Quinn Pitcock would have made so much more sense there. Wrotto, Tanard Jackson...ugh. I could have named a dozen players I would have rather had with this pick, and a dozen more from next year's class we could have had with the 3rd rounder we pissed away making this trade.

Higgins wasn't a guy I spent a lot of time studying on, but I think the pick
was excellent on a couple of different levels. We needed a WR. We needed a punt returner. We got both here.

Michael Bush at 4:1 was a lot like Moses at 3:1. It made so much sense, I can't believe we did it. I was eyeballing Tony Hunt, Lorenzo Booker, etc. I don't view Bush as a 300 touch back. But in a tandem with another quality back, he should be a great addition.

John Bowie. What the hell? We pass on Hughes, Jackson, and a half dozen other capable DBs and fill that need with this guy? Good lord.

P-L
06-16-2007, 10:26 PM
I really wanted the Lions to somehow land Anthony Spencer. However, while I'm not in love with the pick, I'm satisfied with our picking Calvin.

darrenf619
06-16-2007, 10:27 PM
I wanted the Chargers to draft Eric Weddle, though I didn't think they'd trade up for him. But I'm happy with it and I may be in the minority that thinks the Chargers didn't spend too much at all to get him.

JK17
06-16-2007, 11:36 PM
I wanted the Chargers to draft Eric Weddle, though I didn't think they'd trade up for him. But I'm happy with it and I may be in the minority that thinks the Chargers didn't spend too much at all to get him.

I'm iffy on the value of the trade, its all going to depend on how Weddle pans out. Usually though, the teams sacrificing that amount of picks get the raw end of the deal.

That being said, I like Weddle and think he'll do the job. I wanted him in San Diego. His value might never add up to his picks, but if it translates to some more wins in the postseason, not this year, but down the road, I'll take it.

The rest of their picks I really did not see coming. I expected (Most of) the positions to be drafted, but didn't predict those players at all. I'm relatively indifferent on all our picks, though I don't think we got great value for any, spare maybe Waters or Siler if they pan out.

Phrost
06-16-2007, 11:40 PM
I'm iffy on the value of the trade, its all going to depend on how Weddle pans out. Usually though, the teams sacrificing that amount of picks get the raw end of the deal.

That being said, I like Weddle and think he'll do the job. I wanted him in San Diego. His value might never add up to his picks, but if it translates to some more wins in the postseason, not this year, but down the road, I'll take it.

The rest of their picks I really did not see coming. I expected (Most of) the positions to be drafted, but didn't predict those players at all. I'm relatively indifferent on all our picks, though I don't think we got great value for any, spare maybe Waters or Siler if they pan out.

and the least homer post of the day goes to?

Acreboy
06-16-2007, 11:49 PM
Wanted Jarrett to the Saints very badly.

JK17
06-16-2007, 11:52 PM
and the least homer post of the day goes to?

Haha, not saying I'm not a homer, I still don't think our draft was bad, we addressed a lot of needs (S, WR, LB depth, and a TE shud Gates get hurt), just not great value aside from round 3 and 7.

Hines
06-17-2007, 12:12 AM
i wanted p willie and damn i wished he woulda fell

Sniper
06-17-2007, 12:34 AM
Landry and Blades are exactly who I projected, albeit Blades in the 5th not the 6th which is even better. Liked Sartz and Jordan Palmer, hated Tyler Ecker pick.

Can't blame you for the Ecker reaction. He's a joke.

I wish Patrick Willis would have torn a hammy, run a 4.8 and dropped to 26 to the Eagles, but it didn't happen. I wish the Titans would have picked a WR, leaving Griffin for the Eagles, but we got Kolb.

CW99
06-18-2007, 05:01 PM
I expected the Eagles to get

Jon Beason
Brandon Merriweather
Michael Griffin
Greg Olsen

yeah those worked out at least they showed up and got Iloa that was the only time I was happy the 7th round

KWill93
06-19-2007, 03:09 AM
Yes! I knew no way in hell Calvin was gonna fall to 7 so I wanted Adrian Peterson and Sidney Rice.

LitoSheppard
06-19-2007, 04:00 AM
Rofl.
----------------------

Ravens1991
06-19-2007, 08:07 AM
yes I wanted Grubbs

TacticaLion
06-19-2007, 10:14 AM
I wanted Willis, Gaines Adams would've done us a lot of good on the defensive, we got Calvin Johnson, so in the end I'm not complaining.

But the fact we traded out of the second pick in the second round baffled me, our LB core could use A LOT of help and Poz was still on the board... I honestly did not understand that move. Stanton was okay, and Ikaika is hopefully a diamond in the rough. Other than that I don't know much about anyone we drafted.

So am I happy? Kinda... Did we draft who I wanted... no.
Agree... I feel the same way. I definitely wanted Willis in the draft... and swore up and down that we wouldn't take CJ. I still think we wanted to trade him, but asked too much.

Trading down for Stanton was outstanding. They wanted him, traded down and still landed him. Giving Martz the players he wants might also encouarge him to stick around. Hell... if he can get Kitna to throw for 4,000+ yards behind a horrible OLine, I'd like to keep him.

Stanton is in a great situation in Detroit right now... under Kitna and with Martz... and will have healthy competition with DanO for the post-Kitna starting job. Having CJ and Roy as targets doesn't hurt, either. Now that we've basically got our skill positions, we can focus on OL, LB and CB in next years draft (unless something happens).

I wanted different players, but they targeted specific players... and I'm glad they did. I'd rather my team "reach" on a raw talent than take the player that happens to be there.

Summary: great draft.

jriles0522
06-19-2007, 10:33 AM
I wanted Eric Wright. Check on that one. Who wouldn't want Joe Thomas? He was tied for first with about 3 other guys for player most wanted in the whole draft for me along with Peterson, Johnson, and maybe Russell.

I really wanted Peterson, but I can't complain. Peterson and Quinn, Thomas and Quinn, take your pick.

High Roller
06-25-2007, 02:38 PM
Willis is who I wanted most. I wasn't expected Staley but I like the pick. Jason Hill was one of the 2nd/3rd round WRs that I wanted.

Yung Flippa
06-25-2007, 05:08 PM
I wanted Troy Smith & We got him!

YAYareaRB
06-25-2007, 05:29 PM
Would have liked Robert Meachem, Reggie Nelson, Brandon Meriweather or Dwayne Bowe with our 2nd 1st rounder.. But, I'm not complaining.

schmiddog
06-25-2007, 06:23 PM
Titans.....

Given the players available, I would have preferred Reggie Nelson to Michael Griffin in the 1st. Dwanye Bowe or Sidney Rice (Yes, I know, no one will agree with me on Rice) would have been equally appealing options.

I am intrigued by the Chris Henry pick in the 2nd, but would have preferred Steve Smith or Eric Wright (Is he really going to get into trouble after what's happened to Pac? Probably not, especially given the fact he would be playing for an organization that would place a particularly strong emphasis on reigning him in given Jones' litany of problems)

Paul Williams was a solid pick in the third, but I would have gone with potential-laden DT Tank Tyler.

In the fourth, I dont know much about Leroy Harris, so I can't really evaluate that one. Chris Davis was a nice pick, but I don't see him being the game-breaker some project him to be. If we hadn't drafted Henry in the 2nd, I would have really liked to pick up Kolby Smith (one of my top sleepers). Steve Breaston also would have been a better option than Davis, IMO.

Antonio Johnson filled a need in the 5th and had considerable potential, so I'd say this was a nice pick.

In the 6th, I didn't like Joel Filani---would have much preferred to pick up David Irons to get another athlete in the mix for our secondary. Jacob Ford is intriguing, he could really blossom.

Mike Otto filled a need in the 7th and could contribute eventually.

stl9erfan
06-25-2007, 08:55 PM
Willis, Hill, and Ray McDonald were all picks I had thought would be good fits for the 49ers. Staley was a surprise, but a good one-- I was expecting him to go in the mid-teens and thought the Niners would go with a guard in the middle rounds, but Staley actually made a lot of sense when he was still there at #28.

On Day 2, I expected a player LIKE Jay Moore, a DE making the transition to OLB in the NFL, but was thinking Robison was a more likely choice. Looking back, Robison seems actually to be very similar to Parys Haralson, so I'm glad Nolan took a different route with Moore. Goldson, Brown, Cohen, and Clayton were completely out of the blue picks-- all came at positions where the Niners clearly needed help, but none of them were guys I had particularly targeted.

Gchu83
06-25-2007, 09:21 PM
Okoye was a good pick but I wanted Jason Hill in the 3rd instead of Jacoby Jones.

SF Dolphin Fan
06-27-2007, 10:30 PM

For the 49ers, i really wanted jason hill and tarrell brown. They drafted them in the 3rd and 5th round respectively. I was really glad we got them.

As for any prospects that i didnt want us to draft, there werent really any. Most of the other picks i didnt know about, or were on my list but just not as high as other prospective picks.

I really liked Pat Willis for the Dolphins at #9, although I wasn't disappointed with Ted Ginn Jr. who I also liked. I do think Willis could end up being the best player in the entire draft, though. I also liked Adam Carriker in the first. Lorenzo Booker was a player I wanted Miami to get so I was excited that they drafted him in the third. Nice draft for your 49ers!

weasel
07-06-2007, 02:40 PM
The Lions drafted Calvin Johnson. The draft team we put together was faced with the opportunity to draft anyone other than Calvin Johnson who was selected first overall. Except for one guy who wanted jaMarcus russell, the draft team wanted Joe Thomas to a man. The guy I drafted #2 overall was Thomas. I was able to trade up to get Aaron Ross at CB and I got Durant at LB. I also picked up David Clowney and Trent Edwards. I got Brandon Conndren with the last selection Mr. Irrelevant. I got the guys I wanted. The Lions got CJ. Seems like a fair trade.

VY10
07-06-2007, 04:36 PM
Okoye was a good pick but I wanted Jason Hill in the 3rd instead of Jacoby Jones.

Same. I like Okoye and Jones was the iffy one. Bennet i think will be good. I also liked studdard in the 6th and diles in th 7th

BamaFalcon59
07-06-2007, 06:30 PM
Let me say this- Anderson was, IMO, the worst case scenario for the Falcons. I loved the DE depth in the draft and felt a fine one could be had in round 2 or 3. Prior to the draft I said we needed one of two players, LaRon Landry or Adrian Peterson. I said trade a 3rd round pick to move up 2 spots.

So, in the first round I was disappointed. Ton of potential, but not near the player we could have had. IMO.

In round two I pegged it exactly. I said there were two possibilities: Justin Blalock and Chris Houston. I feared only one would be available by the time our pick so up, so the precaution of trading up was nice. There were some great values still available in the 4th, though.

I loved round 2. Absolutely perfect. We grabbed my favorite cornerback in the draft (4.32 40/ yard dash, 4.03 20 yard shuttle, benched 225 27 times at 185 pounds...Oh damn!) and my favorite interior lineman (exactly what we needed, a mauler). So great round 2.

Round 3 I was disappointed in, but I could be wrong. Robinson was a reach, but reports from camp see him as stunning.

Round 4 was OK. Nicholas seems like a good pick, although I was unfarmiliar with him. Martrez Milner was a OK pick, and a guy I saw as a possibility in a few mocks. I think he has potential to play a h-back role and has good athleticism, but I liked Ben Patrick a lot more.

Round 5 we traded our lone selection away for 3 6th round picks, which I liked a lot.

In round 6 it was up and down. We first grabbed Trey Lewis, the DT from Washburn. Good size, but I had never heard of him. Next we grabbed a steal in CB David Irons. I had him going in round 3 due to him rising so much, but I didn't view his injury concerns as highly as NFL Scouts. Definite potential there. Our third selection in the round was another steal, OL Doug Datish from the Ohio State University. Gives depth all along the line, has good height, and is a longsnapper. Had hjim pegged for round 4 or 5. Our last selection of the round was a pick I liked, Darren Stone the safety from Maine. Very athletic and has potential to be the future at SS if he can keep up in the NFL.

In round 7 we grabbed RB/FB tweener Jason Snelling from Virginia. He could save us a roster spot as a 3rd RB/ 2nd FB and be a good goal line specialist.

I liked it, but it could have been better.

1.) Adrian Peterson, RB Oklahoma
2a.) Justin Blalock, OL Texas
2b.) Tim Crowder, DE Texas
4a.) Marvin White, FS TCU
4b.) Antwan Barnes, LB FIU
6a.) David Irons, CB Auburn
6b.) Doug Datish, OL Ohio State
6c.) Jordan Kent, WR Oregon
6d.) Ben Patrick, TE Delaware
7.) Trey Lewis, DT Washburn

Now, that I like. I wasn't disappointed at all, though.