PDA

View Full Version : Alex Brown to Titans?

TitanAddict
06-15-2007, 11:53 PM
Apparantly, Alex Brown is unhappy with the situation in Chicago now that Mark Anderson has taken his starting position. Tennessee is interested in a trade. I think it would be a great idea to offer them a fourth round pick and maybe throw in a player (safety, corner -- since we have like 20). He would instantly enter the starting lineup for us and allow Laboy to come in on situational downs, and Odom can get injured again and it wouldn't be that big of a deal.

If we can deal for him, sign Chris Brown, and make a good deal for Justin McCairens, Titans fans might not be so gloomy about next season.

TitanHope
06-16-2007, 01:46 AM
Do you have a link?

Alex Brown would be a great addition, but I don't know if we have the ammo to trade with the Bears, besides draft picks.

stephenson86
06-16-2007, 05:55 AM
ive always been a fan of the guy

TitanAddict
06-16-2007, 12:04 PM
http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/columnists/cs-070613mitchell,1,5996264.column?coll=cs-bears-headlines

Disgruntled defensive end Alex Brown is trying to remain positive after losing his starting job to Mark Anderson, but he admits to being frustrated.

"You would too," said Brown, who asked to be traded in the off-season. "You try to keep your cool and hope things play out the way you want them. If not, they'll play out somehow."

The Tennessee Titans are the latest team said to be interested in acquiring Brown.

"All I know is what I read," said Brown, who has three years left on his contract. "People talk, but until somebody actually steps up and does something, it really doesn't matter."

Cashmoney
06-16-2007, 01:34 PM
Im all for this, but we still need a DT as well.

stephenson86
06-16-2007, 06:47 PM
martrel brown =]

TitanHope
06-17-2007, 01:26 AM
Alex Brown would be an amazing addition to our rotation, but I don't think Reinfeldt will come through.

TitanAddict
06-17-2007, 02:40 PM
Surely Reinfeldt will pony up a fourth rounder for him. If not, then maybe a fifth and a player -- cough, cough, Lamont Thompson!

How cool would it be if we traded Lamont straight up for Alex Brown? I think every Titan fan would instantly fall in love with Reinfeldt. Too bad no one is stupid enough to want Lamont except for us.

TitanHope
06-18-2007, 06:19 PM
I think the Bears would want more than a 4th for him, as he still has value for them. Probably a 3rd, or something that equals that value. But I'd still be for trading a 3rd for a proven DE who's still young.