PDA

View Full Version : 2007 heisman frontrunner

soybean
12-10-2006, 01:47 AM
This is espn.com's poll question.

Who is next year's heisman frontrunner or potential favorite to win it all? To keep it from being a lopsided poll ill take darren mcfadden off.

Also, if you think somebody else not on the list, like chad henne or pat white, then feel free to say so.

keep in mind this is espn's poll so dont badmouth me if you dont like the choices.

doingthisinsteadofwork
12-10-2006, 01:52 AM
Desean Jackson will win the Heisman next year.Quote me on it someone.Im saying it right now.
Cals offense depends on him more than they do Lynch.
He can do everything.

Ewing
12-10-2006, 02:04 AM
Paul McCall will lead the Florida International Golden Panthers to an undefeated record and a national championship along with winning the Heisman.

bofadabizzles
12-10-2006, 02:07 AM
Since I can't take McFadden I'll go DeSean Jackson. He can score running, recieving, returning and passing if they let him.

soybean
12-10-2006, 02:07 AM
The person i think that has a legit shot at winning it is, percy harvin. He can do almost everything... well.

smittyjs
12-10-2006, 02:12 AM
Colt Brennan

NickBam
12-10-2006, 02:25 AM
Slaton if he stays healthy.

Shane P. Hallam
12-10-2006, 03:08 AM
Honestly? I think it is Mike Hart. I think he is going to have a monster year and if Michigan's defense can stay upright and well, he could really push McFadden hard since I don't think Arkansas will be the best team in the nation. I think UM has the best chance to be the best team, and Hart is their best player.

snuff
12-10-2006, 03:34 AM
Desean Jackson? Give me a break.... Manningham is better, will be playing for a better team, and get 2x the pub.

Mike Hart or McFadden in my opinion.

The people love Mike Hart, Michigan should be a top5 team, and he is a senior.

Paranoidmoonduck
12-10-2006, 03:39 AM
I think Jackson is going to get a solid amount of press heading into next year by magazines (because they always target "playmakers"). However, I think expecting Jackson to get that many return TD's is something that will be up to a certain amount of chance. That said, with Lynch likely out of the picture, Cal will throw it more, so Jackson will have the receiving numbers.

I wouldn't call him a favorite, but I'd certainly call him a darkhorse.

RyanLeaf#1
12-10-2006, 07:14 AM
Mario Manningham

12-10-2006, 07:19 AM
I'd look out for Brian Brohm as a sleeper.

Michigan
12-10-2006, 07:37 AM
1. Darren McFadden
2. Michael Hart
3. Jonathan Stewart
4. Bobby Reid
5. Steve Slaton

draftguru151
12-10-2006, 10:23 AM
Paul McCall will lead the Florida International Golden Panthers to an undefeated record and a national championship along with winning the Heisman.

:?: Do you know him?

DoWnThEfiElD
12-10-2006, 10:30 AM
Trying not to be a homer but Henne and Hart will both be talked about with Heisman, because they are both 4 year started on what should be a national title contender. Also you prob gotta have a USC guy in there, I wouldn't be surpirsed to see Patrick Turner's name being thrown around towads the end of the year, he should be the top wideout, and the only really proven one so he'll get a lot of touches.

But thats really all a formality because Jimmy Clausen should be winner his first next year haha.

P-L
12-10-2006, 10:32 AM
McFadden, Hart, and Slaton should all be favorites to win. Chad Henne and John David Booty could be frontrunners as well (will be QB of the nation's top two teams).

miamichamp_305
12-10-2006, 10:35 AM
ESPN is on something if McFadden isn't up there, I say it's:

1.Darren McFadden
2.Steve Slaton
3.DeSean Jackson
4.Colt Brennan
5.Javarris James (I can always dream)

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
12-10-2006, 10:37 AM
McFadden
Hart
Brennan

Shane P. Hallam
12-10-2006, 12:16 PM
ESPN is on something if McFadden isn't up there, I say it's:

1.Darren McFadden
2.Steve Slaton
3.DeSean Jackson
4.Colt Brennan
5.Javarris James (I can always dream)

Did you read the first post?

danman253
12-10-2006, 12:21 PM
Here is my top 10 for next season:

1. Darren McFadden
2. Mike Hart
3. Steve Slaton
4. Colt Brennan
5. Mario Manningham
6. Ray Rice
7. DeSean Jackson
8. Chad Henne
9. Jonathan Stewart
10. Brian Brohm

TCU
12-10-2006, 01:14 PM
CHAD HENNE is my Winner

danman253
12-10-2006, 01:15 PM
CHAD HENNE is my Winner

8)

Ward
12-10-2006, 01:19 PM
I like Mike Hart as well. Remember, it's going to be the best player on the best (or 2nd best) team. Michigan is not going to drop off much next year, and Hart is going to go wild.

TH3
12-10-2006, 01:22 PM
Adrain Peterson when he comes back

Vikes99ej
12-10-2006, 01:23 PM
I'm going to say Brian Brohm, or Jamarcus Russell if he somehow stays.

snuff
Anyone realize that Mcfadden will be splitting many carries and 4/5ths of his O-Line is gone?

danman253
Adrain Peterson when he comes back
Thats not wishful thinking :lol:

keylime_5
12-10-2006, 01:26 PM
Darren McFadden in another 'Landslide'. But Slaton and Hart will both be finalists methinks. However the winner next year could very well be a first time starter at QB or a breakout QB like it has been a lot.

Solomon
12-10-2006, 01:27 PM
Trying not to be a homer but Henne and Hart will both be talked about with Heisman, because they are both 4 year started on what should be a national title contender. Also you prob gotta have a USC guy in there, I wouldn't be surpirsed to see Patrick Turner's name being thrown around towads the end of the year, he should be the top wideout, and the only really proven one so he'll get a lot of touches.

But thats really all a formality because Jimmy Clausen should be winner his first next year haha.

John David Booty should get some consideration if he plays more consistantly (and provided he beats out Sanchez). My top ten.

1. Hart
2. Mcfadden
3. Brohm (if Bush and Urrutia come back he will be in great position)
4. Slaton
5. Desean Jackson
6. Brennan
7. Bobby Reid (my darkhorse)
8. Rice
9. Ainge (especially if Meachem returns)
10. Booty

NickBam
12-10-2006, 01:38 PM
Anyone realize that Mcfadden will be splitting many carries and 4/5ths of his O-Line is gone?

Don't tell that to Reggie Bush.

snuff
12-10-2006, 01:55 PM

Don't tell that to Reggie Bush.Ok, well if McFadden gets 7YPC, plays for the NC, and makes highlight reel plays ever game he can win.

smittyjs
12-10-2006, 02:08 PM

Don't tell that to Reggie Bush.Ok, well if McFadden gets 7YPC, plays for the NC, and makes highlight reel plays ever game he can win.He does do that very well

dcarey20
12-10-2006, 02:14 PM
how the hell is darren mcfadden not on there?

he's the frontrunner...followed by steve slaton, ray rice, and colt brennan.

NickBam
12-10-2006, 02:18 PM

Don't tell that to Reggie Bush.Ok, well if McFadden gets 7YPC, plays for the NC, and makes highlight reel plays ever game he can win.He does do that very well

He's real good...he'll find a way. Jones won't take nearly as many TD's away from McFadden like White did to Bush, either.

Solomon
12-10-2006, 02:26 PM
how the hell is darren mcfadden not on there?

he's the frontrunner...followed by steve slaton, ray rice, and colt brennan.

lol, read the first post.

doingthisinsteadofwork
12-10-2006, 03:10 PM
I seripusly doubt that Manningham will win the Heisman next year.Michigan has other weapons than him.
Whereas Cal has nobody beyond Desean Jackson and Longshore next year.
Defenses will make sure to focus mainly on Jackson since hes the only target for Longshore.

danman253
12-10-2006, 03:13 PM
I seripusly doubt that Manningham will win the Heisman next year.Michigan has other weapons than him.
Defenses will make sure to focus mainly on Jackson since hes the only target for Longshore.

What? The same offense basically is returning and pre-injury Manningham was poised for a heisman run, with Hart, Arrington, and Breaston. Now Breaston is gone. If anything that gives him more potential.

doingthisinsteadofwork
12-10-2006, 03:29 PM

What? The same offense basically is returning and pre-injury Manningham was poised for a heisman run, with Hart, Arrington, and Breaston. Now Breaston is gone. If anything that gives him more potential.Desean Jackson is the only target that Longshore has.This year Jackson was depended on more than Lynch.IF Lynch leaves this year then its Desean and Longshore.Noone else.

danman253
12-10-2006, 03:32 PM

What? The same offense basically is returning and pre-injury Manningham was poised for a heisman run, with Hart, Arrington, and Breaston. Now Breaston is gone. If anything that gives him more potential.Desean Jackson is the only target that Longshore has.This year Jackson was depended on more than Lynch.IF Lynch leaves this year then its Desean and Longshore.Noone else.And teams will key in on Jackson, how does that help him?

RWFender1
12-10-2006, 03:43 PM
It's ridiculous to not have McFadden on the list...the guy beat out Quinn this year as a sophmore!

I think the list of canidates will look like this going in to the season:

1. Darren McFadden - Arkansas
2. Steve Slaton - West Virginia
3. Colt Brennan - Hawaii
4. Mike Hart - Michigan
5. John David Booty - USC

RWFender1
12-10-2006, 03:46 PM
Deshaun I think has little chance of winning it even though I like him. Like Danman said, if he is the big playmaker next year he will be constantly covered if he is the only threat on the field.

Teams who are smart will not allow the kickers to kick his way either, limiting his returns. If Justin Forsett is staying though he could help relieve a little pressure from Jackson though.

TH3
12-10-2006, 03:47 PM
1st thoughts no love for Percy Harvin?

Mr Dark Horses:
Jammal Charles
Percy Harvin
Stephen McGee

RWFender1
12-10-2006, 03:57 PM
I think its crazy not to include McFadden on the list at all! I think he will be the favorite going into the season. Arkansas is going to have to win the SEC though I think for him to win it.

Why Jaamal Charles? and why at number 2?

doingthisinsteadofwork
12-10-2006, 04:01 PM

What? The same offense basically is returning and pre-injury Manningham was poised for a heisman run, with Hart, Arrington, and Breaston. Now Breaston is gone. If anything that gives him more potential.Desean Jackson is the only target that Longshore has.This year Jackson was depended on more than Lynch.IF Lynch leaves this year then its Desean and Longshore.Noone else.And teams will key in on Jackson, how does that help him?thats what it has been lije alot this season.

TH3
12-10-2006, 04:01 PM
I think its crazy not to include McFadden on the list at all! I think he will be the favorite going into the season. Arkansas is going to have to win the SEC though I think for him to win it.

Why Jaamal Charles? and why at number 2?

please learn to read then start responding to my posts

RWFender1
12-10-2006, 04:05 PM
ok wise guy

RWFender1
12-10-2006, 04:06 PM
Dark Horse canidate: Pat White

danman253
12-10-2006, 04:14 PM
my dark horse: PJ Hill

Ewing
12-10-2006, 04:16 PM

No, I just decided to come up with the most random quarterback I could think of.

Shane P. Hallam
12-10-2006, 04:23 PM

No, I just decided to come up with the most random quarterback I could think of.

Casey Dick.

snuff
12-10-2006, 04:29 PM
my dark horse: PJ HillSophmores don't win.

Ewing
12-10-2006, 05:10 PM

Casey Dick.

Arkansas will have a good team next year. FI probably will win one game at most. Thus, I went with McCall.

sweetness34
12-10-2006, 09:00 PM
How is McFadden not on that list? :?

DoWnThEfiElD
12-10-2006, 09:34 PM
McFadden will get the hype, but i don't see him winning it. I think Arkansas was overrated this year, and next year they will be just average. SEC defenses will be game planning to stop McFadden, he'll have a major bulls eye on his chest.

srv fan
12-10-2006, 09:37 PM
McFadden will get the hype, but i don't see him winning it. I think Arkansas was overrated this year, and next year they will be just average. SEC defenses will be game planning to stop McFadden, he'll have a major bulls eye on his chest.

He didn't have a bullseye on him this year? Ah, I forgot, he had so many other offensive weapons on his team to take the defensive pressure off him...

:roll:

DoWnThEfiElD
12-10-2006, 09:53 PM

He didn't have a bullseye on him this year? Ah, I forgot, he had so many other offensive weapons on his team to take the defensive pressure off him...

Ok hows this if they don't get better play from the QB's this year, which may, or may not happen. Ark will be a marked team in the SEC next year. Ark will have at least 5 or 6 losses next year and McFadden won't win it. He was a bit of a suprise this year, but next year from day one he won't be. What do you think he's gonna go out and run for 2000 yards in the SEC, with these amazing defenses i hear about, without a proven QB? It was amazing that they only lost 3 games this year...

moc182
12-11-2006, 12:14 AM
1.McFadden
2.Hart
3.Brohm
4.Slaton
5.Rice

RyanLeaf#1
12-11-2006, 12:43 AM
1.McFadden
2.Hart
3.Brohm
4.Slaton
5.Rice

Brohm is going pro

RWFender1
12-11-2006, 01:05 AM
SEC defenses knowing they need to stop McFadden and being ABLE to stop McFadden are 2 seperate issues...

NickBam
12-11-2006, 01:11 AM

If Mustain improves like he should, McFadden might actually be on a real offense next year.

12-11-2006, 05:40 AM
How is McFadden not on that list? :?
Are you illiterate? :lol:

djp
12-11-2006, 01:49 PM
I hate Florida, but I have to think Percy Harvin will be in NY next year.

snuff
12-11-2006, 02:14 PM
I hate Florida, but I have to think Percy Harvin will be in NY next year.I would have to say your crazy. Ted Ginn never made it to NY and either will Harvin.

jets future
12-11-2006, 02:38 PM
steve slaton 4 heisman bein wv fan

WhisperSeek
12-27-2006, 08:59 PM
1. McFadden

2. Slaton

3. Harvin

4. Henne

gstock05
12-27-2006, 10:11 PM
What the media says it will be... assuming Brohm goes to the draft

1. McFadden
2. Slaton
3. Colt Brennan
4. Desean Jackson
5. Mike Hart

How it will actually play out...

1a. Mike Hart- Returns great offensive line, good quarterback and receivers, and will be on one of the best teams with the best offense in college football. No reason he won't be the frontrunner IMO.

1b. McFadden- Pretty similar situation toe Hart with a little less surrounding talent.

2. Chris Wells- Call me a homer. People don't realize just how good he is. Not only that, but he'll be on a good team, and OSU is going to live on the run next year. It's a bold statement picking a non-starter as a heisman contender, but I really believe he is going to be unstoppable next year.

3. Percy Harvin- Desean Jackson is the sexy pick for a do-it all wide receiver like Ted Ginn was last year. However Harvin is faster, shiftier, and simply better than Jackson. After being in the system for over a year, finally becoming a full time starter, expect to see routine highlight plays as Florida repeats their SEC dominance.

4. Steve Slaton- Great player, but I can see him having a similar heisman campaign to this year. Good, but a few mistakes and not utter dominance you would expect in a heisman winner.

5. Colt Brennan- Great player, but he's gotta beat a good team to make a run at the heisman. In reality he's just like Alex Smith. Good player, but the odds are stacked against him.

6. Chad Henne- I think he's a great college player and could very well make a good pro. However, I dont see him as that gamechanging dynamic player who can single handedly take over a game and win the heisman. Of course, things can change and he may become a dominant quarterback.

7. Ray Rice- good player. Dominating player? No. However, he'll gain lots of yards and be a heisman candidate throughout the entire race.

8. Cj Spiller- Highlight reel type heisman contender. Will be in this just because the highlight reels he puts together. [/b]

dcrls
12-27-2006, 10:21 PM

no way on fiu, maybe they were be another brawl next year, ha jk.

btw image is funny as hell

D4rk 0ne
12-28-2006, 02:51 AM
Desean Jackson? Give me a break.... Manningham is better, will be playing for a better team, and get 2x the pub.

Mike Hart or McFadden in my opinion.

The people love Mike Hart, Michigan should be a top5 team, and he is a senior.
Manningham is a prime example of the factor that DOESN'T benefit Jackson. It's called being close to the action. Jackson gets no attention from the media despite putting up better numbers than their favorites (Ginn for example)... He has one of the highest TD per touch ratios of any player in the NCAA, I can guarantee that without looking at statistics. And he do so much more than people give him credit for. He can obviously catch, and although he isn't the best route runner, he is more than acceptable in that area. Be it a screen, a fly, or even a basic slant or crossing route, he is danger to take it to the house any time he has the ball. On punt returns, he is amazing. He is on a whole other level from everyone else on the field.

If he played at Florida, Michigan, OSU, USC, or any program with more reputation (and one which gets airtime in eastern states) he would be a top 2 candidate with McFadden. Slaton is third in my book followed by Brennan, then Turner. I wouldn't ve surprised to see Colt McCoy get a shot either.

3. Percy Harvin- Desean Jackson is the sexy pick for a do-it all wide receiver like Ted Ginn was last year. However Harvin is faster, shiftier, and simply better than Jackson. After being in the system for over a year, finally becoming a full time starter, expect to see routine highlight plays as Florida repeats their SEC dominance.
I love Harvin but he is not on Jackson's level in terms of speed or shiftiness. Jackson has been clocked in the 4.2s in the 40, which as far as i know Harvin hasn't... I don't know Harvin's best but I'd bet it's 4.35-4.4. And Jackson does some real acrobatics sometimes.

Javzz
12-28-2006, 04:28 AM

Ok hows this if they don't get better play from the QB's this year, which may, or may not happen. Ark will be a marked team in the SEC next year. Ark will have at least 5 or 6 losses next year and McFadden won't win it. He was a bit of a suprise this year, but next year from day one he won't be. What do you think he's gonna go out and run for 2000 yards in the SEC, with these amazing defenses i hear about, without a proven QB? It was amazing that they only lost 3 games this year...

He may have been a suprise to the nation, but he was well known throughout the SEC before this year. He ran for 1000+ freshman year with only being the starter half the season or so.

elway777
12-28-2006, 02:52 PM
Mark Sanchez wont start next year but im still going with my man.

12-28-2006, 04:27 PM
Andre Woodson 4 Heisman!

12-28-2006, 04:28 PM
James Hardy 4 Heisman!

KCJ58
12-31-2006, 03:04 PM
RUDY CARPENTER!

Fred Savage
12-31-2006, 06:49 PM
Darren Mcfadden/Mike Hart/Chad Henne/Random USC Clown

roidrunner
12-31-2006, 06:59 PM
1.McFadden
2.Hart
3.Brohm
4.Slaton
5.Rice

Brohm is going pro

from what i hear, he is leaning to coming back. so brohm is in the thick of the race.

roidrunner
12-31-2006, 07:03 PM
wow i just hit 1000 posts. haha. my rank is #218. wow i got a bit to go.

CARDIAC CAT 7
12-31-2006, 11:47 PM
How is PJ Hill only mentioned once in this entire topic. Everyone always puts Wisconsin players off the map. PJ Hill = Ron Dayne v2

snuff
01-01-2007, 12:02 AM
How is PJ Hill only mentioned once in this entire topic. Everyone always puts Wisconsin players off the map. PJ Hill = Ron Dayne v2You can't finish 3rd in your conference and win the Heisman, and you can't be a sophmore....

01-01-2007, 12:10 AM
Marshawn Lynch. A little birdie close to him has said he will come back.

NickBam
01-01-2007, 01:30 AM
Colt and McFadden will finish 1-2 with Slaton a close third. Colt will be getting all sorts of hype when he breaks Ty Detmer's career TD record.

Keaks Way 2 Sneaky
01-01-2007, 09:02 AM
Top 5

Colt McCoy
Darren McFadden
Steve Slaton
Ray Rice
CJ Spiller or James Davis

TH3
01-01-2007, 06:59 PM
JDB

Saints Dome Patrol
01-07-2007, 11:08 PM
Since Bobby Petrino left UL for the NFL, I bet that means that QB Brian Brohm and RB Michael Bush are probably also going to leave Louisville for the NFL Draft.

With that in mind, my top five Heisman candidates are:

RB Steve Slaton - West Virginia
RB Darren McFadden - Arkansas
RB Ray Rice - Rutgers
QB Colt Brennan - Hawaii
RB P.J. Hill - Wisconsin

SouthernPride396
01-07-2007, 11:10 PM
Darren McFadden with his 3rd consecutive 1,000 yard season.

RWFender1
01-07-2007, 11:16 PM
Lynch aint comin back

doingthisinsteadofwork
01-07-2007, 11:31 PM
Desean Jackson will be the next WR to win the Heisman.book it.

SuperMcGee
01-08-2007, 02:59 PM

no, it'll be Manningham

danman253
01-08-2007, 03:43 PM
How is PJ Hill only mentioned once in this entire topic. Everyone always puts Wisconsin players off the map. PJ Hill = Ron Dayne v2

Sophs never win but he could make a run if hart gets injured, otherwise Hart will be noticed much more than him, and Beanie Wells will prolly have more hype as well.

danman253
01-08-2007, 03:43 PM
Manningham>Jackson

danman253
01-08-2007, 03:46 PM
My revised top 5 with the people decalring so far:

1. Darren McFadden
2. Mike Hart
3. Steve Slaton
4. Colt Brennan
5. Mario Manningham

nyjetsfan15
01-08-2007, 03:49 PM
slaton

rainbeaukid2
01-08-2007, 03:49 PM
desean jackson is a beast

Scotty D
01-08-2007, 03:50 PM
Sleeper - Ian Johnson.

soybean
01-08-2007, 04:08 PM
Manningham>Jackson

actually i predict those will be the two all americans.

NickBam
01-08-2007, 04:55 PM
I like Colt since he's going to be extremely hyped once he breaks Ty Detmer's career passing TD record and possibly his own single season passing TD record.

Unbiased
01-12-2007, 05:07 PM
Here's my top 5 (including McFadden):
1. Darren McFadden
2. John David Booty
3. Steve Slaton
4. Colt McCoy
5. Percy Harvin

nyjetsguy27
01-16-2007, 07:17 AM
i thought that colt brennan declared? i say slaton

Beans
01-16-2007, 08:42 AM
http://www.sunbeamtech.com/PRODUCTS/images/laser_beam_led_b_550.jpg
http://www.eatingchina.com/images-recipes/Bowl-white-rice.jpg

the disease
02-01-2007, 05:28 PM
Mike Hart is gonna help lead the wolverines to the title and pick up the heisman on the way.

Titans10
02-01-2007, 05:49 PM
Darren McFadden
Steve Slaton
Eric Ainge? If Meachem would of come back
Brohm if he's back
Ray Rice