PDA

View Full Version : Is Coltson loosing the Rookie of the Year

TCU
12-10-2006, 02:01 PM
Through nine games, it was all over Marques Colston would win the Rookie of the Year trophy.

after people starting hearing about him he posted
Week 7- 163 2 TDs
Week 8- 11 for 123 w/ 1 TD
Week 9- 10 for 169

but 4 weeks later he hasnt played and might not play tonight

during these 4 weeks

Addai is dominating, Bush is getting his attention back after Colston stole it from him. Vince Young is owning leading his teams to comeback wins every week it seems. Maurice Jones Drew has 7 TD's in the last 5 games (and could get more vs Indy)

so is Coltson going to win?

danman253
12-10-2006, 02:02 PM
Maurice Jones Drew has locked it up today

NickBam
12-10-2006, 02:04 PM

Yup, could pad his stats today still with Taylor heading to the locker room.

smittyjs
12-10-2006, 02:04 PM
Should be a good race for ROY, there or four or five guys that can still win this IMO.

12-10-2006, 02:06 PM
Mo Drew will win with his 500 yard 10 TD peformance today.

12-10-2006, 02:17 PM
either Mo drew or addai

bearsfan_51
12-10-2006, 02:19 PM
Haha..."loosing"...haha.....

sweetness34
12-10-2006, 02:21 PM

:lol:

Btw, Devin Hester has already wrapped up every rookie award this season, end of dicussion. He's so good even though he doesn't play defense, they just give it to him. Same with offense.

NickBam
12-10-2006, 02:28 PM

Btw, Devin Hester has already wrapped up every rookie award this season, end of dicussion. He's so good even though he doesn't play defense, they just give it to him. Same with offense.

By far the greatest ever not to have a position.

Go Bears.

giantfAn
12-10-2006, 02:35 PM
this is really open for a couple of people

colston
m drew
bush
addai

smittyjs
12-10-2006, 02:37 PM
this is really open for a couple of people

colston
m drew
bush
addaiAlso Young, Maybe Leinart if they wins some more games.

jkpigskin
12-10-2006, 03:16 PM
i think it boils down to addai, jones-drew, and young

i think addai will win because of his consistent play all season

Bem1
12-10-2006, 03:33 PM
vince young

smittyjs
12-10-2006, 03:35 PM

i think addai will win because of his consistent play all seasonAddai really had a bad day running it.

ninerfan
12-10-2006, 03:37 PM
yeah baby its Mo all da way

locseti
12-10-2006, 03:38 PM
MJD has it sewn up after accounting for 300 yards of offense today.

Modano
12-10-2006, 03:38 PM
I think that Young and Drew are the two front runners right now.. Drew is the best rookie RB, is playing better than Addai and Maroney (and Maroney will probably be out next week too).. Young is playing great.. He's a winner and if he keep playing like this the next three weeks he'll have a very good shot to win..

Staubach12
12-10-2006, 03:41 PM
I think Colston may be loosing it, but I think in the end he will win it.

Moses
12-10-2006, 03:42 PM
I'm starting to lean towards Vince Young. He just has that "it" factor. Probably the best "winner" we've seen in years, at least thus far.

diabsoule
12-10-2006, 03:43 PM
I agree with Staubach12, especially if Colston comes back from his injury and continues to play like he had been pre-injury.

Shiver
12-10-2006, 03:51 PM
He's lost any momentum, which is what the ROTY awards are about. If Mojo doesn't win it, I will be very upset.

NickCollins36
12-10-2006, 03:54 PM
damn what a bargain he was for a 6th round pick or sumtin

Shane P. Hallam
12-10-2006, 04:25 PM
damn what a bargain he was for a 6th round pick or sumtin

7th round pick actually.

TCU
12-10-2006, 04:50 PM
Colston might not be ROTY but he is easily best pick in the draft.

TCU
12-10-2006, 04:51 PM
http://www.elitepvpers.de/forum/uploads/av-32107.gif

thats funny

Addict
12-10-2006, 04:55 PM

Yup, could pad his stats today still with Taylor heading to the locker room.

well... Young didn't look too bad on his stat sheet either.

But.. Colston... his initials are MC... that'd be great. MC catches the ball it's an MC Touchdown...

sounds like a white rapper from suburbia... MC Touchdown fo' sho!

zoinks
12-10-2006, 04:56 PM
MJD is looking great, but he's not carrying the team....heck, he's not even their starter.

After today, Vince Young is the only name in the conversation. Everyone else is an afterthought.

ShutDwn
12-10-2006, 05:10 PM
MJD is looking great, but he's not carrying the team....heck, he's not even their starter.

After today, Vince Young is the only name in the conversation. Everyone else is an afterthought.

Thats stupid. Maurice Jones Drew is in it as much as anyone, if you want to get all technical, Young wasn't the starter at the beginning of the year.

Moses
12-10-2006, 05:15 PM

Thats stupid. Maurice Jones Drew is in it as much as anyone, if you want to get all technical, Young wasn't the starter at the beginning of the year.

Right, but Jones-Drew is still second to Fred Taylor. Vince Young has taken the Titans on his back and made a very impressive run with a team that wasn't expected to do much. Plus, Jones-Drew may be more impressive on the stat sheet but Young has made more meaningful plays.

The Unseen
12-10-2006, 05:42 PM
I'd love for MJD to win it, but I doubt it happens. I think it's between either Addai and VY.

Although, Addai could've lost it today. The hype on ESPN I'm hearing (ESPNews) is "Jones-Drew or Vince Young?"

doingthisinsteadofwork
12-10-2006, 05:46 PM
if it werent for stupid Fred Taylor MJD would be ROY.non negotionable.

12-10-2006, 05:47 PM
if it werent for stupid Fred Taylor MJD would be ROY.non negotionable.

Addai is splitting carries as well. :?

jkpigskin
12-10-2006, 06:11 PM

i think addai will win because of his consistent play all seasonAddai really had a bad day running it.

your opinion and everyones opinion will change each and every week... the guy who just came off the big game is suddenly the front runner... i think it will go to him because of wat he has down statistically throughout the ENTIRE year, not just a couple games

Namy
12-10-2006, 07:08 PM
It's VY no question. On a pretty bad team, to be able to lead them to victories cannot be ignored. Jones Drew has good stats but his contributions as a RB are limited w/Fred Taylor, but VY is racking up the best stats by himself in the premier position of the league... wins.

The past three games have wrapped it up for him imo.

Rally the team behind 21-0 deficit.
Beat the Colts in a rally.
Beat the Texans in OT

In all these games, VY was instrumental

Draft King
12-10-2006, 07:14 PM
Right now you have to think Vince Young is leading the pack, he took a bad team and basically carried them on his back throughout the past 3 games, I may not have been a fan of this guy before, but I sure as hell am now. Right after Young I got MJD, followed closely but Marques Colston.

SuperMcGee
12-10-2006, 07:19 PM
Young is 6-4 as a starter with the losses coming to teams with a combined record of 36-15, with two of those losses coming by one single point

2drama
12-10-2006, 07:27 PM
vince young

:lol: :lol: :lol:

my sig said it best

Geo
12-10-2006, 07:44 PM
The only thing Mo Drew locked up was Rookie of the Week honors.

And he did quite a job of it.

PalmerToCJ
12-10-2006, 07:49 PM
VY has been so huge for producing victories for his (below average) team... How can anyone ignore that?

I'm neither a VY supporter or basher. I didn't have much of any opinion of him before the draft and I'm very impressed now. You could say the Giants game was a fluke, but given what he's done the past two weeks... WOW. That championship game was a sign of things to come once he went pro.

SeanTaylorRIP
12-10-2006, 07:59 PM
VY has lead the TItans to a 6-4 record. that's right the Titans 6-4. He wins it for me.

OzTitan
12-11-2006, 12:51 AM
http://www.elitepvpers.de/forum/uploads/av-32107.gif

thats funny

Speaking of that, where did you get it? Someone I knew online claimed to have made it and gave it to me and I used it over at MaddenPlanet.com (Nza is my name there), interesting to see if he was telling the truth :)

Tubby
12-11-2006, 12:57 AM
These are the only people that matter when talking about ROY:

Kelly Jennings
Darryl Tapp
Rob Sims
David Kirt - ...no
Ryan Plackemeier

Personally I am leaning towards Plack Attack but Tapp makes a good case

niel89
12-11-2006, 02:43 AM
i think if colston comes back and has a few more big games he will get it.

Star Wideout
12-11-2006, 05:16 AM
I think Colston lost rookie of the year when he went down with that ankle injury, and other guys like VY, and J-Drew started tearing it up.Which is a shame because he was having a great season up until then.

I think he can possibly reclaim it if he surges strong over the last 3 games and finishes with 1,200 yards, 10 TDs...

however if VY get's 2 more dramatic wins like he's been having...he's a lock for it IMO.

DChess
12-11-2006, 05:32 AM
addai got his first 100 yard game two weeks ago. mo drew only busts out for long runs which are set up by fred talyor, and colsten hasnt played in a while. the OROY is the heisman i mean runner up for the heisman, omvp of the national title game and the third pick of the draft, vincent young. he has taken a team that earlier in the year was under the helm of a veteran QB kerry collins and went 0-3. they have pretty much no talent, haynesworth missing 8 game is huge also. but somehow vince young has led them to a a surging comeback with his 6-4 recored. he deserves it.

12-13-2006, 04:48 PM
This should be a fun race that comes down to the wire.

smittyjs
12-13-2006, 04:49 PM

your opinion and everyones opinion will change each and every week... the guy who just came off the big game is suddenly the front runner... i think it will go to him because of wat he has down statistically throughout the ENTIRE year, not just a couple gamesBut it's who has the hype at the end of the year that wins it.....

Craigo
12-13-2006, 11:19 PM
Vince Young right now, no question. Not only is he winning games, he's taking the entire team on his back and winning them. He has almost single-handedly turned that franchise around. None of the other candidates come close to being that kind of "valuable".

1. Vince Young

2. Marques Colston
3. Devin Hester
4. Maurice Drew
5. AJ Hawk

Addai is simply a mediocre back in a good system. I mean, he can't seem to beat out Dominic Rhodes for a starting spot. Let's face it, over half the teams in the league have a better BACKUP than Rhodes.

TPFKA#1SaintsFan
12-13-2006, 11:21 PM
Addai is simply a mediocre back in a good system. I mean, he can't seem to beat out Dominic Rhodes for a starting spot. Let's face it, over half the teams in the league have a better BACKUP than Rhodes.

Rhodes is a mediocre back in a good system. Addai is a good back in a good system.

yodabear
12-13-2006, 11:26 PM
Vincent G. Young.

Paul
12-13-2006, 11:33 PM
Young is 6-4 as a starter with the losses coming to teams with a combined record of 36-15, with two of those losses coming by one single point

:shock: :shock: If you were on Around the Horn you get 25pts. that's some good stats.

4pAc
12-13-2006, 11:37 PM
Vince Young is Awatham

Fogartynyy2789
12-14-2006, 10:24 AM
As much as I love HOFSTRA's Colston, he was never winning the ROY anyway.

TPFKA#1SaintsFan
12-14-2006, 11:44 AM

yourfavestoner
12-14-2006, 12:04 PM

Care to expound on that, or are you just talking out of your ass?

Mr. Stiller
12-14-2006, 12:30 PM

:shock: :shock: If you were on Around the Horn you get 25pts. that's some good stats.

Isn't vince 6-1 as a starter? I'm pretty sure that Collins started 0-3...

and Colston was the leader.

njx9
12-14-2006, 12:41 PM

Isn't vince 6-1 as a starter? I'm pretty sure that Collins started 0-3...

and Colston was the leader.

vince has started 10 games this season, starting week 3. he's 6-4.

Fogartynyy2789
12-14-2006, 03:04 PM

Yes I will.

1. Colston is not a superstar. There is no way people are going to give the award to a seventh round draft pick.

2. Reggie Bush or Marques Colston. Put yourself in the media's shoes. Let's see we can have the most marketbale player in pro football right now or someone who went to school on Long Island and prior to this year nobody had ever heard of.

3. Reggie Bush has "saved" New Orleans along with Drew Brees, according to the media.

4. Vince Young is having a better year than both of them and has resurrected a franchise by himself.

Any questions???

FlutiesDropKick
12-14-2006, 03:08 PM

Yes I will.

1. Colston is not a superstar. There is no way people are going to give the award to a seventh round draft pick.

2. Reggie Bush or Marques Colston. Put yourself in the media's shoes. Let's see we can have the most marketbale player in pro football right now or someone who went to school on Long Island and prior to this year nobody had ever heard of.

3. Reggie Bush has "saved" New Orleans along with Drew Brees, according to the media.

4. Vince Young is having a better year than both of them and has resurrected a franchise by himself.

Any questions???

yeah one. If antoine agudio went undrafted by the NBA from the same school and had a colston like year you would def be calling for him for ROY. Aside from the man crush, whats differant

TPFKA#1SaintsFan
12-14-2006, 03:09 PM

Yes I will.

Any questions???

1. So the most hyped rookie every year automatically wins rookie of the year? Gimme a break. :roll:

2. Bush is making a case for himself recently. Colston has been spectacular since the beginning of the season.

3. That has nothing to do with the award.

4. Nothing to do with what you originally said. You said Colston never was winning ROY, when actually before he got injured he was the frontrunner by quite a bit. If he finishes up strong, he still is in the running.

TPFKA#1SaintsFan
12-14-2006, 03:11 PM

I'd also like to point out that Mike Anderson won rookie of the year in 2000 as a 6th round draft pick. Where you were drafted has nothing to do with it.

Jughead10
12-14-2006, 03:12 PM

I'd also like to point out that Mike Anderson won rookie of the year in 2000 as a 6th round draft pick. Where you were drafted has nothing to do with it.

Dominic Davis won it as well. Was he 3rd or 4th round. Actually I take that back. He won the one voted on by the fans or something.

TPFKA#1SaintsFan
12-14-2006, 03:21 PM

Dominic Davis won it as well. Was he 3rd or 4th round. Actually I take that back. He won the one voted on by the fans or something.

I don't think 2003 was even a competition. Anquan Boldin won it easy.

eacantdraft
12-15-2006, 07:41 AM

Yes I will.

Any questions???

1. Yeah right. Curtis Martin was 3rd round pick. Mike Anderson was a late round pick. They both won ROTY.

2. Bush isn't even the most marketable player in the league, on his team, or in this years rookie class (Vince Young is).

3. Bush hasn't been much of a factor in saving New Orleans.

If Colston doesn't get rookie of the year, it's because he has been injured the past few weeks and other rookies have been making a run for it lately. Plus New Orleans hasn't missed a beat without him. And voters tend to look who was the hottest in the 2nd half of the season. There is still 3 games to go. Alot can change.

Smooth Criminal
12-15-2006, 08:48 AM
The reason Colston won't get it is because of the injuries and Vince Young's recent success. People always seem to remember what happens at the end of the year instead of looking at the whole thing when it comes to awards.