PDA

View Full Version : tackle position at USC

Jericho@SC
06-17-2007, 03:44 AM
This is for 'SC fans (and anyone who cares

Who will man the tackle positions for the foreseeable future after Sam Baker leaves this year?

They've got some serious monsters waiting in the wings

Charles Brown
Thomas Herring
Butch Lewis
Martin Coleman
Michael Reardon (I think he should move back to DE if we get Tyron Smith)

also, Matt Kalil and possibly Tyron Smith will come in. I really like Kalil, but he'll likely redshirt freshman year. After that, I see him as the next Sam Baker. Anyone see Butch Lewis as the starting RT/LT in '08/'09?

Sniper
06-17-2007, 04:22 AM
This is for 'SC fans (and anyone who cares

Who will man the tackle positions for the foreseeable future after Sam Baker leaves this year?

They've got some serious monsters waiting in the wings

Charles Brown
Thomas Herring
Butch Lewis
Martin Coleman
Michael Reardon (I think he should move back to DE if we get Tyron Smith)

also, Matt Kalil and possibly Tyron Smith will come in. I really like Kalil, but he'll likely redshirt freshman year. After that, I see him as the next Sam Baker. Anyone see Butch Lewis as the starting RT/LT in '08/'09?

For God's sake does USC have any weaknesses? Any at all? They're so ******* stacked at every position it's ridiculous. It's not fair to the rest of college football!

Jericho@SC
06-17-2007, 04:26 AM
Actually, USC does have a weakness. Their DT and DE recruiting the last couple of years has been lacking. They have an abundance of 5 star talent at all the skill positions and LB's, but they aren't really stocked with talent when it comes to beef up front.

That's what worries me. Teams like Texas, LSU, and the SEC schools annually load up on big, stocky linemen. They may not all be five stars, but most likely a few of their linemen will exceed expectations and be sleepers.

The Trojans really need to make sure and grab as many D-Linemen this year. As well as O linemen.

Zyro_1014
06-17-2007, 02:57 PM
I could actually see Kalil coming in and starting as a freshmen but it is very likely he red shirts and gets in the weight room for a year.

Also, last years recruiting on the D line was actually pretty good. We got Everson who we all expect big things out of, and then we got 5* D tackle in Dajohn Harris, and then i believe we also got a 4* D end, cant think of the name right now.

and this years class in 08 we already have a 4* commitment at DE.

CC.SD
06-24-2007, 02:12 PM
For God's sake does USC have any weaknesses? Any at all? They're so ******* stacked at every position it's ridiculous. It's not fair to the rest of college football!

Bow down. Fight on.

elway777
06-24-2007, 06:48 PM
I believe Charles Brown takes over after Baker.

moc182
06-25-2007, 01:38 AM
Tyron Smith is an absoulte manchild, i'd bet my bank account (granted it's like 7 bucks at the moment) that he'll be an all-american and a first rounder.

Sniper
06-25-2007, 02:19 AM
Tyron Smith is an absoulte manchild, i'd bet my bank account (granted it's like 7 bucks at the moment) that he'll be an all-american and a first rounder.

I'll see your seven bucks and raise you a dollar that USC wins the national title this year.

elway777
06-25-2007, 09:50 PM
Tyron Smith is a D'Brickashaw Ferguson type tackle.

Newbs24
06-25-2007, 10:16 PM
Tyron Smith is gross. There is no way he is an OT. That kid looks like an NFL TE. A 285lb TE. The kids arms are so long. I smell Top 5 pick LOCK.

Jericho@SC
06-26-2007, 02:03 AM
You think Mark Sanchez and Aaron Corp's jerseys will be kept clean with Kalil and Smith manning the tackle?

elway777
06-26-2007, 11:26 PM
Did I mention Tyron is only 16.

draftguru151
06-26-2007, 11:30 PM

I think he'll be a senior.

Also take a look at new Trojan commit Tyron Smith. He's a 6-6 275 OT and the 11th ranked player in the country. Best part is that he's only 16!!

http://media.scout.com/Media/Image/44/441092.jpg Guy is a beast

Yes you did.

BUSTKUNTLAWL
06-26-2007, 11:32 PM

What's the story on him? How is he graduating and so young?