PDA

View Full Version : ernie sims= badass

jbombul
06-17-2007, 11:09 PM
ernie sims was born to be a badass, you don't believe me? take a look at the picture rivals had posted for him when he was the top recruit as a senior.

http://rivals100.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=7972&Sport=1

LionSmack
06-17-2007, 11:14 PM
I'm just glad that the guy isn't a "badass" in local strip clubs, from everything I've heard he likes to hang out at home with his reptiles instead.

Phrost
06-17-2007, 11:17 PM
I have to admit...I am pretty jealous you guys got the early reincarnation of D. Brooks.

The Great Jonathan Vilma
06-17-2007, 11:30 PM
ya, i absolutely love the guy

JeffSamardzijaIRISH
06-17-2007, 11:35 PM
He's a freakin beast. Probably one of the only good things Lions Management has been able to get, along wit Roy Williams+CJ.

Phrost
06-17-2007, 11:36 PM
CJ move wasn't good I am sorry. Time will only tell though.

jbombul
06-18-2007, 12:01 AM
taking the best overall player in the draft wasn't a good move? im sorry but that is stupid talk, regardless of the failures we have had. we'll do fine with cj, we'll see how you do with mike williams

Phrost
06-18-2007, 12:02 AM
taking the best overall player in the draft wasn't a good move? im sorry but that is stupid talk, regardless of the failures we have had. we'll do fine with cj, we'll see how you do with mike williams

Too bad I am not a Raiders fan, only other sig I have that I haven't used. Taking a WR how many years in a row? Don't try to justify it.

Brodeur
06-18-2007, 12:05 AM

Just ignore him, he's just spiteful that the Bucs didn't get him.

jbombul
06-18-2007, 12:05 AM
yea and they failed, whos your team? i bet i can name failures for your team. you can name failures for any team in the league, cj will prove you wrong, your probably negative alot seeing your reputation as a double red so im not even going to argue with you

Phrost
06-18-2007, 12:08 AM
yea and they failed, whos your team? i bet i can name failures for your team. you can name failures for any team in the league, cj will prove you wrong, your probably negative alot seeing your reputation as a double red so im not even going to argue with you

Not everything is how it appears.

Phrost
06-18-2007, 12:09 AM
Just ignore him, he's just spiteful that the Bucs didn't get him.

Reloading a top 10 D that has been top 10 for 10 years is > than CJ.

HoopsDemon12
06-18-2007, 12:12 AM
sims is gonan be great... and he stays out of trouble.. i wish he was a bill

jbombul
06-18-2007, 12:13 AM

your also paying to 35 year olds close to 8 million, took a defensive end who weighs 250 lbs soaking wet, a running back with the nickname cadillac who breaks down more than my grandma's 86 buick century, 6 quarterbacks, and one of the hardest divisions in football....ill take chances with the lions

Phrost
06-18-2007, 12:15 AM
your also paying to 35 year olds close to 8 million, took a defensive end who weighs 250 lbs soaking wet, a running back with the nickname cadillac who breaks down more than my grandma's 86 buick century, 6 quarterbacks, and one of the hardest divisions in football....ill take chances with the lions

Superbowl in the last decade. What do you have? Don't even comment on my defense, at least we can get the formula right. Your RB Kevin Jones is never gonna be what he almost once was and Bell was a system RB. Jeff Garcia, Plummer > Kitna, and we have the 2nd hardest division in the NFC.

Also if you knew anything about the Tampa 2 you would know that a pass rushing DE is needed, size doesn't really matter at that point. Your team is trying to recreate the tampa 2 and is failing in doing so. You instead took an nonathletic DE from a small school.

jbombul
06-18-2007, 12:18 AM
Superbowl in the last decade. What do you have? Don't even comment on my defense, at least we can get the formula right. Your RB Kevin Jones is never gonna be what he almost once was and Bell was a system RB. Jeff Garcia, Plummer > Kitna, and we have the 2nd hardest division in the NFC.

probably why we plucked some guys away from you, you did get the formula right. but that was then, this is now. garcia is 5-8 quarterback who is going to be running for his life, plummer isn't even playing this year, while kitna is going to throw for 4500 yards this season. i would have to say your team is top 3 for oldest in the league, we will see where you are this year if everyone can stay healthy

Phrost
06-18-2007, 12:20 AM
probably why we plucked some guys away from you, you did get the formula right. but that was then, this is now. garcia is 5-8 quarterback who is going to be running for his life, plummer isn't even playing this year, while kitna is going to throw for 4500 yards this season. i would have to say your team is top 3 for oldest in the league, we will see where you are this year if everyone can stay healthy

You also failed to address everything else I said. How many yards did Kitna throw for last year. Yeah that stat translates to wins really well....

jbombul
06-18-2007, 12:26 AM
You also failed to address everything else I said. How many yards did Kitna throw for last year. Yeah that stat translates to wins really well....

apparently so does that top 10 defense

mqtirishfan

And the Lions can't play D to save a young child's life, and they have an offensive line that can't block and a running back who is hurt more than Caddilac and they have to make it past the Chicago Bears. I'll pass on both teams.

P-L
Too bad I am not a Raiders fan, only other sig I have that I haven't used. Taking a WR how many years in a row? Don't try to justify it.

We've taken a WR one year in a row.

Phrost
06-18-2007, 12:27 AM
apparently so does that top 10 defense

It translated a ring. What has yours done?

Phrost
06-18-2007, 12:28 AM
And the Lions can't play D to save a young child's life, and they have an offensive line that can't block and a running back who is hurt more than Caddilac and they have to make it past the Chicago Bears. I'll pass on both teams.

QFT, I think he gave up.

Brodeur
06-18-2007, 12:31 AM

Yeah keep telling yourself that.

ShutDwn
06-18-2007, 12:34 AM

Yeah. Phrost's argument is completely idiotic. If he wants to bring up picking WR three years in a row, fine. But it doesn't matter because that wasn't during the current coaching staffs reign.

Charles Rogers was lazy and smoked pot, Mike Williams was lazy and slow. Neither have any similarities with Johnson who is a great kid and an absolute beast.

Phrost
06-18-2007, 12:40 AM
Yeah. Phrost's argument is completely idiotic. If he wants to bring up picking WR three years in a row, fine. But it doesn't matter because that wasn't during the current coaching staffs reign.

Charles Rogers was lazy and smoked pot, Mike Williams was lazy and slow. Neither have any similarities with Johnson who is a great kid and an absolute beast.

Your yet to justify why my argument is idiotic.

P-L
06-18-2007, 12:40 AM
What happened to that top 10 defense last year? Let me guess, they felt bad for the rest of the league so they decided they would only play like the 22nd best defense in the league.

Phrost
06-18-2007, 12:42 AM
What happened to that top 10 defense last year? Let me guess, they felt bad for the rest of the league so they decided they would only play like the 22nd best defense in the league.

Spent too much time on the field for their age but mainly no pass rush.

P-L
06-18-2007, 12:51 AM
If you don't have anything positive to say, then go back to the Bucs forum.

Phrost
06-18-2007, 12:54 AM
If you don't have anything positive to say, then go back to the Bucs forum.

Is that you having nothing to say in return? Kicking me out because your out of ideas?

LionSmack
06-18-2007, 08:41 AM
Picking a dead-lock superstar is never a bad move. IF it turns out that way. If CJ is what he looks like (and he's looked fantastic in all the workouts by the way), then it was the 100% right move, even if C Rog and MW were still on the roster.

The goal of the draft is to get the best player. Especially at the very top. But since getting a superstar is never a sure thing, GM's and teams' main goal is often to cover their asses. They use arguments like "you can't draft a WR in the first round three years in a row," or "we can't draft that franchise QB because we just drafted our QB of the future last year" to make it look like they didn't make a mistake if they draft a bum, plain and simple.

But my opinion is, if you see a player right there that you are convinced is the best player in the draft and a guaranteed star, you sack up and take him and say "screw you" to all the haters.

So screw you, Phrost. "Taking a receiver four out of five years" may look like a logical mistake to you, but taking Calvin Johnson wasn't a mistake and will prove to be the best thing they could have done.

draftguru151
06-18-2007, 09:04 AM
Trolling in other teams forums is against the rules and if it happens in here again there will be a infraction.

Notredameleo
06-18-2007, 03:24 PM
You tell him DG!!! Thanks

P-L
06-18-2007, 03:43 PM
Is that you having nothing to say in return? Kicking me out because your out of ideas?

No, I'm kicking you out because you are doing nothing but starting trouble in our forum. I stopped arguing because all you are doing is spewing out ******** and aren't discussing the topic at hand.

TacticaLion
06-18-2007, 04:23 PM
ANYWAY... yea... Sims is a badass.

And, as LionSmack said, he's a "badass" the right way.

VinceYoung-rocks10
06-18-2007, 08:31 PM
I think Phrost pretty much destroyed you guys and you just gave up.

LionSmack
06-18-2007, 08:55 PM

I guess you didn't read my post then.

Edit: to elaborate... Picking Charles Rogers was a mistake of bad luck. Taking Mike Williams was a BIG mistake of total stupidity. Picking Calvin Johnson was not a mistake.

The Great Jonathan Vilma
06-18-2007, 11:38 PM
hey vinceyoung, u can't argue with an idiot who doesn't wanna talk like a civilized person. he just wanted to start something and it wasn't going anywhere. he should mind his own boards and act like that

Addict
06-19-2007, 03:10 AM

can you say 'I will get rep-raped by Addict'?

Notredameleo
06-20-2007, 08:20 AM
Sims will be a pro bowler this year.

TRJ997
06-20-2007, 09:55 AM
I'm a Bucs fan and I totally agree that CJ was the right pick for the Lions. I also believe that he was the right pick for the Raider's. I'm happy with our draft, and I hope everyone pan's out, but no one we got is going to hold CJ's jock. I still don't think the Lions are going to sniff a Lombardi in the next 5 years, though.

The good news is, we will have the cap room to go after Roy Williams when he leaves for free agency in a couple seasons.

TheMadLionsFan
06-20-2007, 02:11 PM
The good news is, we will have the cap room to go after Roy Williams when he leaves for free agency in a couple seasons.

Franchise tag sonny jim.....don't get to excited...

ThEvIcTR
07-07-2007, 06:35 PM
It is funny how you guys blasted me for wanting to pick Sims over Huff and now you all love him. Everyone on here was so worried about his concussions they didn't even want to consider him. I think this year we will be picking in the top 10 and if we dont get Campbell we better pick up Phillips.

detroit4life
07-09-2007, 07:41 PM
It is funny how you guys blasted me for wanting to pick Sims over Huff and now you all love him. Everyone on here was so worried about his concussions they didn't even want to consider him. I think this year we will be picking in the top 10 and if we dont get Campbell we better pick up Phillips.

i dont think i blasted you but i loved huff coming out and would have loved to get him he'd be great in this defense. Sims is great too so im not disapointed.

I agree with you i really want to get cambell or phillips

Hermstheman83
07-10-2007, 08:17 PM
I can't believe that was an argument...CJ not being the Best Player available overall. Do you guys' think he'll eclipse the 1,000 yard mark this year? How many TD's do you think he'll have(Fantasy scouting on my part)...

Scotty D
07-10-2007, 08:20 PM
I can't believe that was an argument...CJ not being the Best Player available overall. Do you guys' think he'll eclipse the 1,000 yard mark this year? How many TD's do you think he'll have(Fantasy scouting on my part)...

I think he'll get 800-1000 yards with 5-8 TDs. Thats a little optimistic.

Sniper
07-11-2007, 03:37 AM
In that offense? 1,100 and 8-9 should be attainable. Good God imagine something like 1st and goal from the 5. CJ and Roy both running fade routes. I'm pretty sure that would be unstoppable, but that's just me.

Addict
07-14-2007, 11:06 AM
I think he'll get 800-1000 yards with 5-8 TDs. Thats a little optimistic.

more, Martz already announced a huge amount of multi-reciever sets which is gonna mean a lot of throws coming towards the #2 WR, which he'll be.

Hell get 1,00+ yards and... no less than 6 TD's. Something like 80 catches I imagine. He'll flourish.

I'm out folks, will be back 100% shortly since my vacations are nearly over :( (TOTAL bummer)