PDA

View Full Version : Who takes Paul Oliver?

LarryJohnson27
06-18-2007, 01:28 AM
Who do you think is going to end up the highest bidder on Oliver in the supplemental draft? The Chiefs are a realy possibility IMO. Ty Law and Patrick Surtain are one of the oldest CB tandems in the NFL, and there's not much depth behind them. Oliver can come in and play NB for a year, and take over for Law in 2008. My only question is how well does he fit in a Tampa 2 defense?

kmartin575
06-18-2007, 01:53 AM
I would be so happy if the Chiefs took him. It might take a 2nd round pick to do so but why not? He would be a 1st round pick next year anyways and by the time next season rolls around he will already have a year of experience and will still be the same age.

SuperKevin
06-18-2007, 02:41 AM
If Houston has a 2nd round pick next year I think they use it on Oliver in the supplemental draft. They really could use more CB depth

kmartin575
06-18-2007, 02:53 AM
If Houston has a 2nd round pick next year I think they use it on Oliver in the supplemental draft. They really could use more CB depth

They gave up their 2nd round pick in the Matt Schaub trade.

SuperKevin
06-18-2007, 02:55 AM
They gave up their 2nd round pick in the Matt Schaub trade.

Thats what I thought

fenikz
06-18-2007, 03:05 AM
i wouldn't mind the cardinals using a 2nd on him, but i think its more likely that he will go for a 3rd or 4th because bad grades shows a lack of commitment or him just being dumb

GREENSMACKS
06-18-2007, 03:22 AM
buffalo fits the bill (no pun intended) . would be a great replacement for clements

fenikz
06-18-2007, 03:29 AM
im surprised to see that you cover 2 guys like him, i thought the point of a cover 2 was so that you don't have to spend a lot on corners and they just bump receivers and play the flats

Caddy
06-18-2007, 04:13 AM
im surprised to see that you cover 2 guys like him, i thought the point of a cover 2 was so that you don't have to spend a lot on corners and they just bump receivers and play the flats

Spending a 2nd, 3rd or 4th really isn't out of the question for Cover 2 guys. Using a first round on a cover corner would probably be less then ideal but anything else than that would be acceptable. The Buccaneers have shown it can be done with guys like Ronde Barber and Brian Kelly so to take Oliver with a 2nd/3rd/4th wouldn't be a problem at all.

Smooth Criminal
06-18-2007, 07:34 AM
I'd hope the Steelers would give up a 3rd for him but nothing more.

ricky bobby
06-18-2007, 08:05 AM
I don't know about Oliver, but the Giants seem to be interested in the OG/OT from Nebraska. I wouldn't spend anything more than a 3rd on Oliver.

SuperKevin
06-18-2007, 08:32 AM
buffalo fits the bill (no pun intended) . would be a great replacement for clements

Knowing we have an extra 3rd round pick this year from the McGahee Trade I'd be willing to give up a 3rd round pick for Oliver if I were the Bills

bigrich88
06-18-2007, 09:52 AM
I think Green Bay could really use him, both Al Harris and Charles Woodson will both be at least 31 by the time the season starts and there is very little depth behind them. I liked the pick up of Frank Walker but they could use some help at cornerback.

TACKLE
06-18-2007, 09:55 AM
I'm thinking the Denver Broncos. First Maurice Clarrett, then Marcus Thomas, and now Paul Oliver? jk

theogt
06-18-2007, 09:58 AM
I don't really see the Cowboys picking him with the 21st pick in the 2nd round, but I wouldn't mind them doing so.

Staubach12
06-18-2007, 10:46 AM
I, too, could see Dallas picking him. We need that future CB.

Acreboy
06-18-2007, 10:49 AM
i wouldn't mind the cardinals using a 2nd on him, but i think its more likely that he will go for a 3rd or 4th because bad grades shows a lack of commitment or him just being dumbThere's book smarts and then theirs football smarts which are instincts more than anything.

it does show lack of commitment though.

Geo
06-18-2007, 10:56 AM
I'm sure he'll find a sucker to take him in the supplemental draft sooner rather than later.

Spending a 2nd, 3rd or 4th really isn't out of the question for Cover 2 guys. Using a first round on a cover corner would probably be less then ideal but anything else than that would be acceptable. The Buccaneers have shown it can be done with guys like Ronde Barber and Brian Kelly so to take Oliver with a 2nd/3rd/4th wouldn't be a problem at all.
Drafting a Ronde Barber or a Brian Kelly every year is easier said than done.

Scout49
06-18-2007, 11:53 AM
I know the niners have concerns about his speed, so I'm not sure if were willing to give up something in the top 4 rounds.

Finsfan79
06-18-2007, 12:05 PM
miami for a 3rd

kmartin575
06-18-2007, 01:01 PM
miami for a 3rd

Not sure if they would be willing to do that considering they already are going to be without what will most likely be a 4th round pick. That's a long time to go without a pick.

doingthisinsteadofwork
06-18-2007, 01:03 PM
Oakland.Al forgot to pick a DB day one this year but he'll up for it by getting Oliver in the Supplemental draft.

kmartin575
06-18-2007, 01:07 PM
Oakland.Al forgot to pick a DB day one this year but he'll up for it by getting Oliver in the Supplemental draft.

LOL

It wouldn't surprise me.

Borat
06-18-2007, 01:16 PM

Which pick will they give up? They already dealt away their 3rd.

remix 6
06-18-2007, 02:18 PM
i hope Patriots offer at least our 2nd. If we take him with 1 of our firsts..i wouldnt mind because i trust our coaches.

PalmerToCJ
06-18-2007, 02:51 PM
Despite spending our last 2 1st rounders on CB's I wouldn't be surprised if the Bengals took him with a 3rd if he got that far. We need a new NB after Keiwan leaves and Marvin isn't one to shy away from drafting talent at positions with good depth.

Notredameleo
06-18-2007, 03:05 PM
The Lions could definitely use him. .

remix 6
06-20-2007, 11:21 AM
heres something to remember: Patriots have the first pick in round 3 via trade from Raiders from draft day

so if no1 uses a top 2 rounds on him..Patriots can easily get him in 3rd and we do have 2 firsts, a 2nd and 2 thirds next year :)

LionSmack
06-20-2007, 11:35 AM
It doesn't work that way. You can only sacrifice your own pick in any round.

HEISMANHERSCHEL
06-20-2007, 11:38 AM
Not sure if they would be willing to do that considering they already are going to be without what will most likely be a 4th round pick. That's a long time to go without a pick.

I was thinking it would be hard for any team to not offer a fourth for him. I would think he would be gone for sure before the fourth round.

Acreboy
06-20-2007, 11:43 AM
I wouldn't be mad to see the Saints spend a 2nd on him.

MM, FT, and JC are all on the bad side of 30..

remix 6
06-20-2007, 11:44 AM

oh really?

f Oliver slips to the third round in the supplemental draft, and the Patriots would consider selecting him at that point, here is an interesting nugget to consider:

The Patriots own the unconditional rights to the Raiders' 2008 third-round pick.

This is an important factor for a few reasons:

# 1) According to the NFL's player personnel department, a club may exercise a selection in the supplemental draft as long as it owns the unconditional rights to the pick in next April's draft. So since the Patriots own the unconditional rights to Oakland's third-round pick in next year's draft, they may exercise it in this year's supplemental draft if they so chose.

# 2) According to the NFL's official web site regarding last year's supplemental draft, the order of the supplemental draft is "determined by a weighted system that is divided into three groupings. First come the teams that had six or fewer wins last season, followed by non-playoff teams that had more than six wins, followed by the 12 playoff teams." Because the Raiders fall into the first category, that means the Patriots will have one of the first cracks at Oliver if he slips to the third round.

why wouldnt we? The Raiders dont even have that pick for next year. So whatever picks u have next year..u can use any of em

luckyjackaubrey
06-20-2007, 12:40 PM

Forgive the poor computer skills but in today's Boston.com sports section it listed the written rule that states you can use another teams pick in the supplemental draft. The article is by mike reiss. Sorry I was unable to link you to it.

look at that remix saw it as well.(above)

remix 6
06-20-2007, 12:42 PM
Forgive the poor computer skills but in today's Boston.com sports section it listed the written rule that states you can use another teams pick in the supplemental draft. The article is by mike reiss. Sorry I was unable to link you to it.

look at that remix saw it as well.(above)

yep. and didnt Texans use Raider's pick on Tony Hollings few years ago?

TigerBait45
06-20-2007, 12:44 PM
The Saints could definitely use him, but I'm not so sure that hes a Sean Payton player.

Spending a 2nd round pick on him wouldn't make me unhappy at all.

shavedaeyebrow2
06-20-2007, 12:49 PM
When exactly is the supplemental draft?

remix 6
06-20-2007, 12:51 PM
When exactly is the supplemental draft?

july 12th. 22 days away

shavedaeyebrow2
06-20-2007, 12:57 PM
july 12th. 22 days away
Nice, I've been trying to find this out for the longest time haha. Doubt the Jets do anything in it, but you never know.

niel89
06-20-2007, 01:37 PM
Despite spending our last 2 1st rounders on CB's I wouldn't be surprised if the Bengals took him with a 3rd if he got that far. We need a new NB after Keiwan leaves and Marvin isn't one to shy away from drafting talent at positions with good depth.

or guys with character concerns. Except for that damn Brooks, he is gonna be a beast, top 10 talent.

i wouldnt mind the ravens throwing a 4th or later on him.

DeathbyStat
06-20-2007, 01:47 PM
I'd hope the Steelers would give up a 3rd for him but nothing more.

I agree that would be sweet i hope it happens

georgiafan
06-20-2007, 02:01 PM
http://story.scout.com/a.z?s=135&p=2&c=653177

remix 6
06-20-2007, 02:03 PM
http://story.scout.com/a.z?s=135&p=2&c=653177

yeah can u tell us his #s?

Woody56
06-20-2007, 03:06 PM
Oliver not so impressive

from rotoworld.com

Georgia CB Paul Oliver ran his forty in the 4.5-4.58 range at his Pro Day, according to Scout.com. His vertical was 33.5 inches.

Oliver has size to help overcome the lack of long speed, but these numbers aren't that impressive. It's possible he'll get a look from Cover 2 teams or even as a free safety. Oliver shut down Calvin Johnson in November, but probably won't go any higher than the third round next month.

Acreboy
06-20-2007, 03:08 PM
Is he more of a Cover 2 guy or a man-to-man guy?

MNRunLeft
06-20-2007, 03:22 PM
What teams have multipule 2nd or 3rd round picks next year. A team with 2 2nds might be willing to take a chance on him but more likley a 3rd I would think.

kmartin575
06-20-2007, 04:16 PM
Atlanta has two 2nd round picks next year and the scout.com article says they have a private workout set up with him. However, they just drafted Chris Houston and Jimmy Williams the past two years. I simply can't see them using another high draft pick on a corner.

49ersfan_87
06-20-2007, 04:24 PM
I think the titans should pick him with their 3rd rounder

Mr. Stiller
06-20-2007, 05:17 PM
I agree that would be sweet i hope it happens

I don't.

Oliver is underdeveloped, and I think he works better in man-to-man. He has issues understanding his job and placement in zone.

We did a better job picking up William *** who is a 4 year player with solid zone experience.

I'm hoping for Chris Patrick in the 5th/6th.

PackerMang
06-20-2007, 05:22 PM
Packers with a 2nd or a 3rd. Our CB's are getting up there in age and quality depth is becoming an issue with will blackmon getting the injury bug often.

reese
06-20-2007, 05:40 PM
miami needs a corner really bad

SuperKevin
06-20-2007, 06:17 PM
Atlanta has two 2nd round picks next year and the scout.com article says they have a private workout set up with him. However, they just drafted Chris Houston and Jimmy Williams the past two years. I simply can't see them using another high draft pick on a corner.

Jimmy Williams was moved or is soon being moved to safety I thought

HoopsDemon12
06-20-2007, 06:41 PM
Jimmy Williams was moved or is soon being moved to safety I thought

ya thats why they drafted houston so high... so they could move him back and actually have talent at the other corner you are 100% right

ricky bobby
06-20-2007, 07:46 PM
http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/playerbreakingnews.asp?sport=NFL&id=4492&line=93837&spln=1

"Georgia CB Paul Oliver ran his forty in the 4.5-4.58 range at his Pro Day, according to Scout.com. His vertical was 33.5 inches."

Nothing special. I'd wait until the 4 or maybe even 5th round at this point.

HEISMANHERSCHEL
06-21-2007, 03:44 AM
Not that I think Oliver is the second coming of Deion Sanders or anything, but I still say not offering at least a fourth on him is a mistake for teams that need corners.

Look at the corners that were taken in the fourth this year:AJ Davis, Tandard Jackson, John Bowie, Dashan Goldston (there may have beenothers). I think Oliver stacks up pretty well compared to them. And this wasn't a bad year for cb prospects,right? If your team needs a corner and you dont get Oliver now, I'm not sure you can reasonably find one in round four next year that will be as good a prospect as him. So...why not?

If I am the Titans, Dolphins, Bills or Packers (those are off the top of my head, so maybe they have made improvements at cb I dont remember) I am gambling on Oliver. At least throw a fourth at him, right? Does anyone really see a fourth rounder on him as a HUGE mistake if your team needs a corner?

PACKmanN
06-21-2007, 11:49 AM
he would be perfect in green bay. He can learn under Harris and Woodson for 2-3 years and then start.

art vandelay
06-22-2007, 12:05 PM
I am begging that the Bills take him, but I'm not expecting anything. The rumor was that the Bills were the only AFC team at his workout. Right now, Ashton Youboty has been disappointing in camp and we have Jason Webster penciled in at our #2 CB slot. Our #1 and #2 CB's are 5'9. I think we win for most pathetic CB situation. Paul Oliver is our savior.

art vandelay
06-22-2007, 12:07 PM
Not that I think Oliver is the second coming of Deion Sanders or anything, but I still say not offering at least a fourth on him is a mistake for teams that need corners.

Look at the corners that were taken in the fourth this year:AJ Davis, Tandard Jackson, John Bowie, Dashan Goldston (there may have beenothers). I think Oliver stacks up pretty well compared to them. And this wasn't a bad year for cb prospects,right? If your team needs a corner and you dont get Oliver now, I'm not sure you can reasonably find one in round four next year that will be as good a prospect as him. So...why not?

If I am the Titans, Dolphins, Bills or Packers (those are off the top of my head, so maybe they have made improvements at cb I dont remember) I am gambling on Oliver. At least throw a fourth at him, right? Does anyone really see a fourth rounder on him as a HUGE mistake if your team needs a corner?

Very good post. A 4th round bust is common, and I'm not even saying that Oliver will be, in fact I don't think he will be. The Bills better offer at least a 4th with our current CB situation.

nbarnett56
06-22-2007, 12:18 PM
he would be perfect in green bay. He can learn under Harris and Woodson for 2-3 years and then start.

Eh... He doesn't really have the size we are looking for plus I do not see Ted Thompson putting up a draft pick for him since our rookie pool is pretty thin to begin with. I'm happy with Blackmon, Dendy, and Walker as our backups.

LarryJohnson27
06-22-2007, 01:07 PM
I am begging that the Bills take him, but I'm not expecting anything. The rumor was that the Bills were the only AFC team at his workout. Right now, Ashton Youboty has been disappointing in camp and we have Jason Webster penciled in at our #2 CB slot. Our #1 and #2 CB's are 5'9. I think we win for most pathetic CB situation. Paul Oliver is our savior.

Wasn't there like 24 teams at his workout, which means there had to be more then just one AFC team.

d34ng3l021
06-22-2007, 02:34 PM
So far, I have heard that SD and ATL have had private workouts with Paul Oliver, both of which do NOT employ the cover 2 scheme.

I dont see exactly why we would spend more than a 3rd on him. Though we do have some issues at NB, I dont think it could be that bad. In fact, our NB started like 8 games for Houston last year...

I am sure that we will get some compensatory picks for Kerney and/or Griffith next year, along with the extra 2nd round pick from Houston, so I guess spending a 3rd or 4th for the possibly best corner in next years draft isnt too bad of an idea.

SuperKevin
06-22-2007, 02:44 PM
Very good post. A 4th round bust is common, and I'm not even saying that Oliver will be, in fact I don't think he will be. The Bills better offer at least a 4th with our current CB situation.

The Bills should offer the 3rd rounder we got from Baltimore

darnik44two
06-22-2007, 08:57 PM
This is easy...the Redskins. This is their easiest way to unload next years draft picks. Hell, they might trade up.

kmartin575
06-22-2007, 10:41 PM

Chiefs too. If Law or Surtain go down our defense goes from a potential top 10 defense to middle of the pack.

kmartin575
06-22-2007, 10:42 PM
Wasn't there like 24 teams at his workout, which means there had to be more then just one AFC team.

I think he meant to say only AFC East team.

RaiderDude
06-25-2007, 07:25 AM
Someone mentioned Al Davis not taking a CB in day 1 this past April

Dont be surprised if in fact the Raiders do take Oliver in rd 2

Raiders will probably be picking somewhere from #40 on in rd 2 next year. Oliver is without question a top 20 pick.

Getting a talent like Oliver from #40 is a steal

Considering Oakland has the best group of young DB's in the NFL, Oliver would add to an already stout secondary.

Would be an outstanding nickleback. Fabian Washington Nnmandi Ashomugha, Michael Huff and Oliver in a nickle package would be as about as good as you could get.

Al Davis loves CB's. Throughout his tenure as owner he has had some of the best to ever play the backfield in the NFL

Dont be shocked to see Al Davis take Oliver in rd 2

nbarnett56
06-25-2007, 08:31 AM
I am sure that we will get some compensatory picks for Kerney and/or Griffith next year

Ugh, how many times must this be explained. You don't get compensary picks based off the loss certain players.

Acreboy
06-25-2007, 08:45 AM
Wish the Saints would take him.

HEISMANHERSCHEL
06-25-2007, 09:19 AM
I really dont see how he would be claimed for less than a 3rd. I think the cowboys corners are fine, but I would be pissed if he somehow was had for a fifth round pick by another team. He is a bargain for a round 4 pick, imo.

2nd rounder seems like a lot, but fair to me. If my team needed a cornerback badly, I might offer a 1st. But that would have to be dire straits, cause I dont think he is worth it at this point.

On a side note, since the patriots have 2 firsts and it always seems like they need cb, I wonder if they have given any thought to throwing a later pick at him.

Not that they will. They will find some 40 year old receiver to put in at cb, and will make it work :)

Bills2083
06-25-2007, 09:30 AM
The Bills could definitley use more CB depth.

kmartin575
06-25-2007, 12:57 PM
Ugh, how many times must this be explained. You don't get compensary picks based off the loss certain players.

If they perform at a high level the following season for another team and you did not sign any big name free agents to repolace them then yes you do.

nbarnett56
06-25-2007, 01:03 PM
If they perform at a high level the following season for another team and you did not sign any big name free agents to repolace them then yes you do.

Yes, which is part of the FORMULA.

Compensatory free agents are determined by a formula based on salary, playing time and postseason honors. The formula was developed by the NFL Management Council. Not every free agent lost or signed by a club is covered by this formula.

ATLDirtyBirds
06-25-2007, 01:33 PM
I'd like to see the Falcons take him in the 5th, and use him as our nickle. My guess is he goes in Round 4 to the Lions.

kmartin575
06-25-2007, 02:11 PM
Yes, which is part of the FORMULA.

And considering the Falcons signed no big name free agent to replace him and they didn't really sign that many free agents at all if Kerney performs even halfway decent with his big contract in Seattle the Falcons are likely to get a compensatory pick. It isn't guaranteed they will get one but it is highly likely.

Maybe Next Year Millen2
06-25-2007, 02:11 PM
http://spartannation.com/?cat=12

I could see the Lions taking him. Round 2 would suprise me per the article, but if he is a legitimate first round talent then I can't blame them. He's got a good character despite the grades and would have impressed them if he was the only to stop Calvin. The 4.5 40 hurts him, but he was consistent 4.4s while at Georgia.

NOBLE
06-25-2007, 07:54 PM
Where do you think Oliver would rank in the '08 corner class?

reese
06-25-2007, 07:55 PM
Where do you think Oliver would rank in the '08 corner class?

i havent watched enuf of the other guys but ive seen him as 1 or 2...either in front or behind cason....it would have somethin to do with his 40 but i think he had more time to prepare he would have ran a better 1

kmartin575
06-26-2007, 02:18 PM
scout.com has reported that in addition to Atlanta and San Diego, Kansas City also has a private workout setup with Paul Oliver. It also reported that other teams will set up workouts after the July 4th holiday.

CC.SD
06-27-2007, 01:31 AM
I don't know why the Chargers set up a private workout with him: we won't have a third in the 08 draft, and our 4th clearly won't get the job done. Unless AJ uses a second for this kid, it's impossible.

On the other hand, Florence is leaving after this year, and when Cromartie steps in we will basically have no nickelback, or depth at corner at all, so it's conceivable that the Bolts do throw out their second and nab Oliver.

Obviously very very unlikely. But Chargers don't have a whole lot of needs, might be better to shore up the depth in the secondary sooner rather than later.

remix 6
06-27-2007, 07:10 AM
I don't know why the Chargers set up a private workout with him: we won't have a third in the 08 draft, and our 4th clearly won't get the job done. Unless AJ uses a second for this kid, it's impossible.

On the other hand, Florence is leaving after this year, and when Cromartie steps in we will basically have no nickelback, or depth at corner at all, so it's conceivable that the Bolts do throw out their second and nab Oliver.

Obviously very very unlikely. But Chargers don't have a whole lot of needs, might be better to shore up the depth in the secondary sooner rather than later.

he probably wont be a 2nd or a 3rd

a guy as good asd Brooks went 3rd. This guy is nowhere near as good

Iamcanadian
06-27-2007, 08:00 AM
Paul Oliver had a terrible workout. He measureed in at 5'10".5, 195lbs. He ran in the mid 4,5's with one team reporting a 4.6. He did a 33" vertical which is in the lower third of those CB's who worked out at the combine. He ran a 7.3 in the three cone drill which is the second worst of those CB's who ran at the combine. He's going to drop out of round 2 for sure and could go as low as the 4th or 5th round.

Chris Patrick LT, Nebraska ran in the 5.1-5,3 range. He did 31 reps and a 27" vertical. He is projected as an OG in the NFL.

T-RICH49
06-27-2007, 08:46 AM
KC has set up a workout with Oliver appearantly.God I hope we take him we need CB's

bored of education
06-27-2007, 09:01 AM
KC hell yes

Ho0k Em'
06-27-2007, 09:49 AM
I wouldn't mind us putting in a 4th for him.

nbarnett56
06-27-2007, 12:21 PM
And considering the Falcons signed no big name free agent to replace him and they didn't really sign that many free agents at all if Kerney performs even halfway decent with his big contract in Seattle the Falcons are likely to get a compensatory pick. It isn't guaranteed they will get one but it is highly likely.

Uh, Joe Horn anyone? Negated right there.

kmartin575
06-27-2007, 01:27 PM
Uh, Joe Horn anyone? Negated right there.

To a relatively small contract.

That one free agent signing is not going to negate the loss of Kerney.

Like I said, if Kerney has an even halfway decent season with 6 or 7 sacks then the Falcons will get some kind of compensation.

BaLLiN
06-27-2007, 01:31 PM
I think KC and Bills should try to get him, but the saints are dying for help in the secondary, so Saints should try to get him with a 2nd.

nbarnett56
06-27-2007, 04:24 PM
To a relatively small contract.

That one free agent signing is not going to negate the loss of Kerney.

Like I said, if Kerney has an even halfway decent season with 6 or 7 sacks then the Falcons will get some kind of compensation.

Which again, the formula takes into account other things. Such as playing time, contract, awards, postseason honors, and free agent signings vs. losses. I also never said they won't get compenstaion, just that you don't get picks for losing a certain player. Horn wasn't their only FA signing either.

d34ng3l021
06-29-2007, 02:23 AM
Which again, the formula takes into account other things. Such as playing time, contract, awards, postseason honors, and free agent signings vs. losses. I also never said they won't get compenstaion, just that you don't get picks for losing a certain player. Horn wasn't their only FA signing either.

I know you dont get picks just off the bat, and it is determined by many other things.

I was just making an optimistic assumption. Kerney was a pro bowl DE who left for a 39 million dollar contract. I mean, we had compensatory picks for our crappy LT leaving us for the Browns and starting many games for them, our ST gunner, etc.

Sorry for sounding if we were garunteed high compensatory picks from our FA losses.

Packer#50
06-29-2007, 09:08 AM
A.J. Hawk will be the best LB in the NFL this year.

bennybee38
06-29-2007, 10:21 AM
okay......?

BaLLiN
06-29-2007, 11:21 AM
The Sup. draft is on July 12th right?

remix 6
06-29-2007, 11:39 AM

no hes not. Not even top5

not even top 3 in the divison

-Urlacher
-Briggs (if he plays)
-SIMS!!!

BaLLiN
06-29-2007, 11:43 AM
Hawk is good, but I don't think best LB in the League, I think Urlacher still holds that.

Paul Oliver is similar to what was happening to Chris Houston before the draft. They saw him as a shutdown man to man corner, Oliver had some bad workout times, but I think he is still a good prospect. I think some team will offer a 2nd for him.

CC.SD
06-30-2007, 01:31 AM
no hes not. Not even top5

not even top 3 in the divison

-Urlacher
-Briggs (if he plays)
-SIMS!!!

Don't forget the return of Chad Greenway, you never know.

Merriman, Briggs, Urlacher, Mike Peterson, Zach Thomas, and probably Ray Ray and Derrick Brooks will still be better than AJ Hawk. That's just a quick list too, I'm sure there's more.

Sniper
06-30-2007, 03:10 AM

Matt McCoy says hello ;)

Just kidding. I disagree though. Some guy in Chitown may have something to say about that. AJ Hawk might be the #3 LB for his draft class next year behind Ryans and Sims.

Jvig43
06-30-2007, 09:45 AM
I was thinking the Pats would take a legit shot at the kid, with soo many extra draft picks next year, and Samuel threatening to hold out, but they didnt attend his workout, or even get a private one, ill still keep my fingers crossed

nvot9
06-30-2007, 09:47 AM
Matt McCoy says hello ;)

Just kidding. I disagree though. Some guy in Chitown may have something to say about that. AJ Hawk might be the #3 LB for his draft class next year behind Ryans and Sims.

Yea, that's true. Hawk plays a lot like Vilma, just not as good and a lot uglier...haha.

Oliver's goin to the Detroit Lions.

kmartin575
06-30-2007, 04:52 PM
I was thinking the Pats would take a legit shot at the kid, with soo many extra draft picks next year, and Samuel threatening to hold out, but they didnt attend his workout, or even get a private one, ill still keep my fingers crossed

I'm pretty sure one of the scout.com articles about Oliver said that when the Patriots were asked if they were interested in Oliver they answered with a simple "no".

Flyboy
07-01-2007, 02:15 AM
I think KC and Bills should try to get him, but the saints are dying for help in the secondary, so Saints should try to get him with a 2nd.

Our secondary isn't the best but after adding Jason David and our draft, we're definitely not hurting too bad in the secondary at all. I'd be surprised if we got Oliver.