PDA

View Full Version : Rookie of the Year

WhisperSeek
12-10-2006, 07:57 PM
Right now it's between MJD, VY...then a I'd say, lagging right behind is Coltson, Addai, and (media-god) Bush.

Who will win it? Who would win it if season ended today?

sweetness34
12-10-2006, 07:58 PM
There's already a topic on this. :?

smittyjs
12-10-2006, 07:59 PM
There's already a topic on this. :?And now there is a poll

smittyjs
12-10-2006, 08:00 PM
Someone in the AFC South :wink:....

Draft King
12-10-2006, 08:00 PM
As I said in the Marques Colston thread, it looks like Vince Young is going to win this award right now, he is carrying a very average team on his back and I regret ever doubting him coming out of the draft.

Geo
12-10-2006, 08:02 PM
I don't know if I'd place it all on Young. Travis Henry has returned to his Pro Bowl form of a few years prior, and that front seven - especially the LBs - and Pac-man are making great plays for the team.

JETS5128
12-10-2006, 08:03 PM
Definetly Young

Draft King
12-10-2006, 08:04 PM
I don't know if I'd place it all on Young. Travis Henry has returned to his Pro Bowl form of a few years prior, and that front seven - especially the LBs - and Pac-man are making great plays for the team.

I might have exaggerated a little when I said he was carrying that team on his back, but you have to admit the things he has done for that team are astounding.

The Unseen
12-10-2006, 08:04 PM

This is my point.

Young has done well. He's just not this greatness that everyone makes him out to be.

NIN1984
12-10-2006, 08:05 PM
Vince Young

Geo
12-10-2006, 08:08 PM
Don't get me wrong, Young has made plays. He's extending drives with his arm and his feet so that they are converted into scoring drives, which also help keep the defense off the field, and so on.

He's done a better job than I thought he would, but I'd give a good deal of credit to the aforementioned players as well as Norm Chow for making that happen.

yodabear
Vince Young

Moses
Vince Young.

How many times did we hear stuff like this before the draft:

"He's too stupid to play in the pros."

"He won't be able to run in the NFL because the linebackers are too fast."

Finsfan79
12-10-2006, 08:23 PM
Hard to go against colston he has been absolutely amazing.

keylime_5
12-10-2006, 08:28 PM
Vince Young is inhuman. He's already a great quaterback and he hasn't even started but about a dozen games as a pro

Shiver
12-10-2006, 08:31 PM
Vince Young is inhuman. He's already a great quaterback and he hasn't even started but about a dozen games as a pro

Don't say that! The purists will bring out the stats sheet and claim he's a running back playing out of position. :roll:

TCU
12-10-2006, 08:32 PM
Addai is more consistant than Drew, who had one good game so of course everyone is going to jump on him.

Colston no doubt wins it.

sweetness34
Devin Hester wins it!

The Unseen
The poll says "will be".

Therefore, I vote VY.

BTW, did anyone else hear Sterling Sharpe's insistence on calling him "VY" all the time? Kinda funny when Collinsworth called him out for it.

WhisperSeek
12-10-2006, 08:34 PM
Addai is more consistant than Drew, who had one good game so of course everyone is going to jump on him.

You don't watch many Jaguar games, do you?

Shiver
12-10-2006, 08:37 PM

He must not.

The Unseen
12-10-2006, 08:38 PM

He must not.

Pretty much. He's been consistent in his play throughout the season, and this is the capper.

smittyjs
12-10-2006, 08:40 PM

Colston no doubt wins it.Addai didn't do anything today, Drew has made plays in every game he has been in.

Basileus777
12-10-2006, 08:44 PM

The question is, would Henry be performing at this level if Young wasn't playing? Its hardly a coincidence that the running game opened up when Young started. Young forces teams to respect his running ability and opens up the running game for Henry.

Young is not solely responsible for the Titans recent success, but he has probably contributed more towards it more than any other single player on that team.

smittyjs
12-10-2006, 08:49 PM

The question is, would Henry be performing at this level if Young wasn't playing? Its hardly a coincidence that the running game opened up when Young started. Young forces teams to respect his running ability and opens up the running game for Henry.

Young is not solely responsible for the Titans recent success, but he has probably contributed more towards it more than any other single player on that team.Good point there, but Henry's game is overall better this year, missing four games last year killed and he was never able to get anything going.

IrishBrowns
12-10-2006, 08:51 PM
im surpsied vince young is leading

i would have to go with Maurice Jones Drew or Marques Colston

and MJD has been very consistent and has put up some huge games

Colston will be close to 1000 yards receiving

Geo
12-10-2006, 08:53 PM

Colston no doubt wins it.Addai couldn't do anything today, Drew has made plays in every game he has been in.
Fixed.

Scotty D
12-10-2006, 09:15 PM
Vince Young. I think he means the most to his team out of any of the other rookies. Without him the Titans would not have the record they have right now.

BrownsTown
12-10-2006, 11:26 PM
If Vince Young wins this I won't even take it seriously.

smittyjs
12-10-2006, 11:27 PM
If Vince Young wins this I won't even take it seriously.Why not, he is playing good football and his coming up HUGE at the end of games to win them.

BrownsTown
12-10-2006, 11:30 PM
If Vince Young wins this I won't even take it seriously.Why not, he is playing good football and his coming up HUGE at the end of games to win them.

I don't really think it's him. I was saying before he went in I thought there was a good amount of talent on that team. Vince Young is playing average at best, but what he's doing is motivating others around him to play better. I mean, a 64.8 passer rating? 50.2 completion percentage? Give it to Colston or Drew, they deserve it more.

2drama
12-10-2006, 11:34 PM

I don't really think it's him. I was saying before he went in I thought there was a good amount of talent on that team. Vince Young is playing average at best, but what he's doing is motivating others around him to play better. I mean, a 64.8 passer rating? 50.2 completion percentage? Give it to Colston or Drew, they deserve it more.

Colston or Drew can be Rookie of the year

V.Y is an M.V.P for the titains :lol: :lol:

The Impact he begins to the Titians

smittyjs
12-10-2006, 11:34 PM

I don't really think it's him. I was saying before he went in I thought there was a good amount of talent on that team. Vince Young is playing average at best, but what he's doing is motivating others around him to play better. I mean, a 64.8 passer rating? 50.2 completion percentage? Give it to Colston or Drew, they deserve it more.QB Rating is very overrated, but Henry has helped alot, but we really don't have a true threat at Wideout, do i think Young should win OROY year right now??No, but he can win another two or even all three games, then yes he should win it, but he should be Top 2 in voting no matter what IMO.

BrownsTown
12-10-2006, 11:35 PM

I don't really think it's him. I was saying before he went in I thought there was a good amount of talent on that team. Vince Young is playing average at best, but what he's doing is motivating others around him to play better. I mean, a 64.8 passer rating? 50.2 completion percentage? Give it to Colston or Drew, they deserve it more.QB Rating is very overrated, but Henry has helped alot, but we really don't have a true threat at Wideout, do i think Young should win OROY year right now??No, but he can win another two or even all three games, then yes he should win it, but he should be Top 2 in voting no matter what IMO.

QB rating overrated? It's an unbiased opinion putting together all the major stat categories. It's probably the most reliable one, even though I in general don't like to use stats to prove a point.

smittyjs
12-10-2006, 11:39 PM

QB rating overrated? It's an unbiased opinion putting together all the major stat categories. It's probably the most reliable one, even though I in general don't like to use stats to prove a point.A win is a win, he is getting the job done, and that is all i'm asking of him right now, if his QB rating was in the low 50 and we were winning and he was showing improvements every week(Which he has for most part this season), it would be fine with me. You also have to look at his rushing stats when you talk about Young.

VoteLynnSwan
12-10-2006, 11:46 PM

QB rating overrated? It's an unbiased opinion putting together all the major stat categories. It's probably the most reliable one, even though I in general don't like to use stats to prove a point.A win is a win, he is getting the job done, and that is all i'm asking of him right now, if his QB rating was in the low 50 and we were winning and he was showing improvements every week(Which he has for most part this season), it would be fine with me. You also have to look at his rushing stats when you talk about Young.

a win is a win huh...

What do people say about Rex Grossman this year...

What did people say about Kyle Orton last year...

Both of those quarterbacks play(ed) terribly... Yet no one points to the fact that Grossman has led his team to a 10-2 record... or that Orton led his team to an 10-4 record... You can't say a win is a win and ignore bad stats. Because the record is never necessarily indicitive of the play of one individual on a team.

Basileus777
12-10-2006, 11:47 PM

a win is a win huh...

Both of those quarterbacks play(ed) terribly... Yet no one points to the fact that Grossman has led his team to a 10-2 record... or that Orton led his team to an 10-4 record... You can't say a win is a win and ignore bad stats. Because the record is never necessarily indicitive of the play of one individual on a team.

How many 4th quarter comebacks did Kyle Orton lead? The difference between Vince and those examples is that Young is actually one of the main reasons the Titans are winning. The Bears win despite their qb.

JT Jag
12-10-2006, 11:47 PM
Addai is more consistant than Drew, who had one good game so of course everyone is going to jump on him. You don't watch many Jaguar games, do you?He must not.Pretty much. He's been consistent in his play throughout the season, and this is the capper.Indeed. Drew has taken over a game (See Indianapolis games) or at least made at least one big game-changing play in every game he's played since week 3.

He's never been rendered a minor player.

That's the picture of consistancy.

In his worst game to date vs. Washington, he still popped off a 51-yard catch-and-run TD reception.

smittyjs
12-10-2006, 11:52 PM

a win is a win huh...

Both of those quarterbacks play(ed) terribly... Yet no one points to the fact that Grossman has led his team to a 10-2 record... or that Orton led his team to an 10-4 record... You can't say a win is a win and ignore bad stats. Because the record is never necessarily indicitive of the play of one individual on a team.Well they do have a better defense, but Grossman........well the coach still thinks of a win is a win, but it could change tomorrow. But what i'm saying is
A. he is a rookie
B. he is leading some huge Come from behind wins
C. He is showing improvement every game
D. He is also moving the ball very well with his feet

Right now, i can say a win is a win

zoinks
12-11-2006, 12:06 AM
MJD, Addai, and Colston have all been great, but none of them has done much to alter his team's fortune. When the team does well, they do well....when the team struggles, they struggle. ( It's also worth mentioning that MJD and Addai aren't even starters for their own teams).

Vince Young has almost singlehandedly changed the course of the Titans' season. They started out a pitiful 0-5, and looked horrible in the process. Since then, they're 6-2, including three consecutive upsets over playoff contenders, and a one-point loss to the Ravens. (Blocked FG on the game's final play....argh!)

Some seem to think the Titans' running game is saving Young...the truth is, the opposite is closer to the truth:

Titans rushing totals:
pre-VY....~70 yards/game
w/ VY.....~170 yards/game

Travis Henry...
pre-VY....2.7 ypc average
w/ VY..... 4.7 ypc average

Vince's passing stats may not look like much at first glance, but he's literally improving every week. He's not the same guy who was going out there in week 4....or even week 8.

He had his struggles early on, but in his last three games, VY has thrown for 65% completions, 630 yards, 4 TD's, and 3 INT's.... he's also run for 225 yards and 2 TD's. In other words, now that he's getting accustomed to the NFL game, Vince Young is averaging almost 300 yards of individual offense and two TD's per game.
And most important of all, he's winning.

(Incidentally....had it not been for Jones-Drew's 166 yards rushing today, he'd have fewer rushing yards than Vince Young.)

moc182
12-11-2006, 12:07 AM
Vince Young, it's scary how good he's going to be in a few years.

A-Dub4President
12-11-2006, 01:33 AM
I think that it's foolish to award the ROY award to the player who has the most impact on his team. That is what the MVP award is for, ROY should be awarded based upon individual achievements. This "what have you done for me lately" attitude is foolish. Vince Young was stinking up the house on his first bunch of games. Is this an indictment of his ability to succeed at the quarterback position? Of course not. However, simply because he's had three (or is it four?) come from behind victories doesn't negate the awful performances before. Colston was a shoe in five weeks ago, and although he missed a few games due to injury should still be the frontrunner. Mo Jo has been taking care of business, however he shouldn't be ahead of Coltson because of a few stellar games either. The DROY, DeMeco Ryans, would probably be second, with Mo Jo third.

NickBam
12-11-2006, 01:45 AM
I was on the Jones-Drew bandwagon, but damn VY is good. I thought he'd be great eventually. I didn't think he'd take this team to 6-7 after an 0-5 start. Tennessee is going to be scary in a few years. I'd imagine people are going to want to come to Tennesseee to play with VY.

marks01234
12-11-2006, 02:10 AM
Count me in the group that is torn between Jones-Drew and Vince Young.

Jones-Drew looks terrific and is making game-changing plays week in and out.

Vince Young is just making plays. Pass Rating is a flawed stat anyway as it places so much emphasis on completion percentage. Just look at David Carr's numbers. Would you honestly take Carr over Vince Young for one game this year?

niel89
12-11-2006, 02:34 AM
i still think colston in the leader. he has missed a few games but he was amassing a ton of yards before.

im still a huge fan of mo drew. i knew he was gonna be special.

Shiver
12-11-2006, 02:35 AM
Vince Young is just making plays. Pass Rating is a flawed stat anyway as it places so much emphasis on completion percentage. Just look at David Carr's numbers. Would you honestly take Carr over Vince Young for one game this year?

Bingo.

Star Wideout
12-11-2006, 05:19 AM
I posted this in the other thread...I'll just add it in here as well..(mods why not merge the 2 topics?)

"I think Colston lost rookie of the year when he went down with that ankle injury, and other guys like VY, and J-Drew started tearing it up.Which is a shame because he was having a great season up until then.

I think he can possibly reclaim it if he surges strong over the last 3 games and finishes with 1,200 yards, 10 TDs...

however if VY get's 2 more dramatic wins like he's been having...he's a lock for it IMO."

12-11-2006, 05:38 AM
OMG Maurice Drew ran over the worst run defense in football!! Give him the ROY!!!1! :roll:

It's easily Young for me. He's just too clutch and he is the main reason the Titans are winning football games.

Ewing
12-11-2006, 06:26 AM
Who is most responsible for his team's success? Who is keeping his team in games that they should have lost? Who is progressing at an incredible rate week after week? Vince ****ing Young.

Vince Young is ROTY by far and is only to get better. If he keeps progressing at this rate and level he's going to dethrone Manning as the top quarterback in the NFL in three years. Mark my words.

The Unseen
12-11-2006, 06:31 AM
MJD, Addai, and Colston have all been great, but none of them has done much to alter his team's fortune. When the team does well, they do well....when the team struggles, they struggle. ( It's also worth mentioning that MJD and Addai aren't even starters for their own teams).
Vince Young has almost singlehandedly changed the course of the Titans' season. They started out a pitiful 0-5, and looked horrible in the process. Since then, they're 6-2, including three consecutive upsets over playoff contenders, and a one-point loss to the Ravens. (Blocked FG on the game's final play....argh!)

Some seem to think the Titans' running game is saving Young...the truth is, the opposite is closer to the truth:

Titans rushing totals:
pre-VY....~70 yards/game
w/ VY.....~170 yards/game

Travis Henry...
pre-VY....2.7 ypc average
w/ VY..... 4.7 ypc average

Vince's passing stats may not look like much at first glance, but he's literally improving every week. He's not the same guy who was going out there in week 4....or even week 8.

He had his struggles early on, but in his last three games, VY has thrown for 65% completions, 630 yards, 4 TD's, and 3 INT's.... he's also run for 225 yards and 2 TD's. In other words, now that he's getting accustomed to the NFL game, Vince Young is averaging almost 300 yards of individual offense and two TD's per game.
And most important of all, he's winning.

(Incidentally....had it not been for Jones-Drew's 166 yards rushing today, he'd have fewer rushing yards than Vince Young.)

Drew had 100+ vs. the Colts, and the Jaguars lost.

He had a pretty good game against the Bills, and the Jaguars lost.

He was, like, the only offensive player that showed up in the drubbing in Houston, getting most of the team catches.

However, that's a pretty good argument for VY and you can't argue against it.

BrownsTown
12-11-2006, 06:40 AM
I think that it's foolish to award the ROY award to the player who has the most impact on his team. That is what the MVP award is for, ROY should be awarded based upon individual achievements. This "what have you done for me lately" attitude is foolish. Vince Young was stinking up the house on his first bunch of games. Is this an indictment of his ability to succeed at the quarterback position? Of course not. However, simply because he's had three (or is it four?) come from behind victories doesn't negate the awful performances before. Colston was a shoe in five weeks ago, and although he missed a few games due to injury should still be the frontrunner. Mo Jo has been taking care of business, however he shouldn't be ahead of Coltson because of a few stellar games either. The DROY, DeMeco Ryans, would probably be second, with Mo Jo third.

Thank you. I completely agree.

zoinks
12-11-2006, 11:27 AM
I think that it's foolish to award the ROY award to the player who has the most impact on his team. That is what the MVP award is for, ROY should be awarded based upon individual achievements.

Silly me....I was under the impression that ROY was the MVP award for rookies.

Tobzilla
12-11-2006, 11:48 AM
Vince wins it for me. He's had some huge wins this year and few expected him to play so well so soon.

P-L
12-11-2006, 12:07 PM
I think if the season ended now, Colston should still win. You have to look at the entire body of work, and not just the last few games. If Colston continues to put up below average numbers over the next three games and Young and Jones-Drew continue their play, then I'd bump one of them past Colston. But from day one to now, Colston has been the ROY.

A-Dub4President
12-11-2006, 12:37 PM
I think that it's foolish to award the ROY award to the player who has the most impact on his team. That is what the MVP award is for, ROY should be awarded based upon individual achievements.

So because Colston and Maurice Jones-Drew landed in better situations they should be penalized for not being the only impact players on their team? It isn't most valuable rookie, it's rookie of the year. The only reason that Young is being mentioned as a serious candidate is because he has gotten hot at the right time. Colston had it looked away earlier in the year, and barring a catastrophic meltdown, it's his award. That said, Young will probably win.

bearsfan_51
12-11-2006, 12:53 PM

Then you would be unquestionably wrong. It is absolutely NOT the MVP for rookies. Look it up. It awards the most impressive individual performance for rookies. That's it.

bearsfan_51
12-11-2006, 12:56 PM
And all of you are severly underating the high chance that Reggie Bush still has of winning this, whether you like it or not.

CC.SD
12-11-2006, 01:19 PM
Yah if Bush doesn't slow down he wins by default.

MJD is sick though.

Young can break his leg for all I care, I was at the Rose Bowl, it sucked. :D

2drama
12-11-2006, 02:37 PM
Yah if Bush doesn't slow down he wins by default.

MJD is sick though.

Young can break his leg for all I care, I was at the Rose Bowl, it sucked. :D

you must be a usc fan :lol:

Splat
12-11-2006, 02:41 PM
I would give it to Marques Coltson.

SeanTaylorRIP
12-11-2006, 02:53 PM
I'm gonnna have to go with VY cause I have been a big supporter of him ever since he came out of high school and he has lead the Titans to a 6-4 record. I do think however Colston has to be considered because he was the biggest surprise on the biggest surprise team. The Saints would not be 9-4 without him.

Shiver
12-11-2006, 02:59 PM
The thing about Colston is he has a lot of attention diverted from him to Reggie Bush.

San Diego Chicken
12-11-2006, 03:22 PM
If Bush should not win it because of his lackluster rushing efforts, should Vince Young not be penalized for his lackluster passer rating? It's still only hovering around 65. My vote would be for Maurice Jones-Drew. He's the best touchdown maker on a playoff team.

Shiver
12-11-2006, 03:37 PM
If Bush should not win it because of his lackluster rushing efforts, should Vince Young not be penalized for his lackluster passer rating?

Different positions, rookie 'Backs usually succeed right away, while rooke Quarterbacks do not.

San Diego Chicken
12-11-2006, 03:53 PM
If Bush should not win it because of his lackluster rushing efforts, should Vince Young not be penalized for his lackluster passer rating?

Different positions, rookie 'Backs usually succeed right away, while rooke Quarterbacks do not.

I don't understand your point. Are you insinuating that a rookie QB with mediocre to bad numbers deserves ROY over running backs with good numbers?

Shiver
12-11-2006, 03:56 PM

I don't understand your point. Are you insinuating that a rookie QB with mediocre to bad numbers deserves ROY over running backs with good numbers?

My point is you cannot compare the struggles of Reggie Bush with the struggles of Vince Young. Young wasn't expected to put up good passing 'stats,' Reggie Bush was expected to be productive as a runner, in their respective rookie seasons.

cunningham06
12-11-2006, 04:20 PM
I hate how ROY and OROY have pretty much become synonomous defensive players should get some consideration. Demeco has been more dominant than just about any other rookie on any side of the ball.

SeanTaylorRIP
12-11-2006, 04:27 PM

Titans with Vince Young 6-4.
Titans with Reggie Bush 0-10.

San Diego Chicken
12-11-2006, 04:31 PM

What about the Titans with Steve McNair and Reggie Bush? What would their record be?

Basileus777
12-11-2006, 04:33 PM

What about the Titans with Steve McNair and Reggie Bush? What would their record be?

That doesn't matter. McNair was gone even if they hadn't drafted Young. It was a money issue.

A Kerry Collins and Reggie Bush combo wouldn't have won many games.

draftguru151
12-11-2006, 04:40 PM
I have a hard time giving the ROY to a guy with 51.7 completion % and a 66 QB rating. Statistically Matt Leinart is better in every major passing category. Other than the last 3 weeks Young has been pretty bad. I think it is between Drew, Bush and Colston, and maybe Addai if he turns it up.

smittyjs
12-11-2006, 04:45 PM
I have a hard time giving the ROY to a guy with 51.7 completion % and a 66 QB rating. Statistically Matt Leinart is better in every major passing category. Other than the last 3 weeks Young has been pretty bad. I think it is between Drew, Bush and Colston, and maybe Addai if he turns it up.You are also have to put in Young rushing #'s and there are three games left, right now i would say
1. Drew
2. Young
3. Colston
4. Addai
5. Bush
6. Leinart

But with three games left this could change alot IMO.

smittyjs
12-11-2006, 04:46 PM

What about the Titans with Steve McNair and Reggie Bush? What would their record be?McNair wouldn't have helped us much if any, because Young is opening the passing and rushing game for Henry with his legs, Bush would make an impact with us.

smittyjs
12-11-2006, 04:47 PM
I hate how ROY and OROY have pretty much become synonomous defensive players should get some consideration. Demeco has been more dominant than just about any other rookie on any side of the ball.I agree

zoinks
12-11-2006, 06:00 PM
I absolutely agree about DeMeco Ryans....in light of what he's done, it's hard to argue for anyone else as DROY. He takes it hands-down, IMO. Ryans' performance as a rookie has impressed me more than Merriman's rookie performance last year.....and Merriman had a helluva year last year.

jblaze66
12-11-2006, 06:23 PM

Don't say that! The purists will bring out the stats sheet and claim he's a running back playing out of position. :roll:

IMO he is more in the mold of a McNair or McNabb, he will spend alot of time running around until he learns the offense and how to read pro style defenses. Eventually he will become more of a pocket guy, however I don't think he will be AS pocket oriented as McNabb had become because he will not be as good a passer as McNabb.

Vick simply put is not and never will be a great passer, therefore he must continue to create plays with his legs, VY will become more than that.

bearsfan_51
12-11-2006, 07:04 PM

And again, if this was the rookie MVP award, he would win. It's not. It's rookie of the year, team accomplishments should be entirely superfulous. Would Anquan Boldin have won his rookie year on a 4-12 team if it was?

Moses
12-11-2006, 08:05 PM

Numbers don't tell the whole story. Look at how they have played and I think it's clear that Vince Young is #1 right now.

Pokeys
12-11-2006, 08:17 PM

IMO he is more in the mold of a McNair or McNabb, he will spend alot of time running around until he learns the offense and how to read pro style defenses. Eventually he will become more of a pocket guy, however I don't think he will be AS pocket oriented as McNabb had become because he will not be as good a passer as McNabb.

Vick simply put is not and never will be a great passer, therefore he must continue to create plays with his legs, VY will become more than that.

I kind of agree with that however Vince Young is much faster and has better moves than McNabb. McNabb isnt that great of a pocket passer its just that he throws a great deep ball. Probably better than Vince's deep ball will ever be. But Vince will become a good passer in the NFL with time and a better overall passer than McNabb in my opinion. McNabb has trouble with 10-25 yard routes the intermediate stuff plus he has stretches in games where he is very inconsistant.

cunningham06
12-11-2006, 08:32 PM
I have a hard time giving the ROY to a guy with 51.7 completion % and a 66 QB rating. Statistically Matt Leinart is better in every major passing category. Other than the last 3 weeks Young has been pretty bad. I think it is between Drew, Bush and Colston, and maybe Addai if he turns it up.

Stats are misleading, if you were to add in his rushing touchdowns for a qb rating, it would be much better. Plus, 2 interceptions that I've seen weren't his fault. His interception against Houston his receiver just got outmuscled and didn't make the effort to defend the ball. Had it been Anquan Boldin that would not have been the case. Not sure which game, but the very last play before half time instead of taking a knee he threw a long bomb that got picked. If Young was throwing to Anquan Boldin and Larry Fitz, his numbers would be amazing. Vince wins and thats all there is to it. Leinart couldn't do anything but watch Vince run into the end zone and win the game at the Rose Bowl.

Shiver
12-11-2006, 08:53 PM
If Anyone was throwing to Anquan Boldin and Larry Fitz, his numbers would be amazing.

Fixed for accuracy.

Shiver
12-11-2006, 09:15 PM

Vince Young is a far superior athlete to McNabb and McNair, and only slightly behind Vick in the freak athlete ability.

Vick's passing is no worse than Steve McNair at the same point of their respective career. While I do agree, Vince has more upside as a passer than any of the aformentioned players, only because of his height advantage.

soybean
12-11-2006, 09:45 PM
If Anyone was throwing to Anquan Boldin and Larry Fitz, his numbers would be amazing.

Fixed for accuracy.

i guess i can argue kurt warner, and josh mccown.

A-Dub4President
12-11-2006, 09:49 PM

Stats are misleading, if you were to add in his rushing touchdowns for a qb rating, it would be much better. Plus, 2 interceptions that I've seen weren't his fault. His interception against Houston his receiver just got outmuscled and didn't make the effort to defend the ball. Had it been Anquan Boldin that would not have been the case. Not sure which game, but the very last play before half time instead of taking a knee he threw a long bomb that got picked. If Young was throwing to Anquan Boldin and Larry Fitz, his numbers would be amazing. Vince wins and thats all there is to it. Leinart couldn't do anything but watch Vince run into the end zone and win the game at the Rose Bowl.

There's just a little bit of irony as Fitzgerald had the ball outmuscled and ripped from his hands just this pass Sunday for a Leinart interception, and Anquan Boldin had over five drops against the Rams, and has had some trouble with his hands this year.

But on a somewhat unrelated note, I hate when people trash the QB rating (which isn't perfect) and then go on to site wins/losses as a legitimate measure of which to judge quarterbacks. It isn't. Wins and losses should only be used to judge a team's performance, whereas statistics were created for the sole purpose of determining an individual's performance. No players are "immune" to stats. If Vince had been playing at the same level this last month over the course of the entire year, he'd be ROY. Both Colston and Ryans have been playing at a high level the entire season (consistency is the most important trait of a player) and therefore are more deserving.

sweetness34
12-11-2006, 09:51 PM
DEVIN HESTER!! :D

Shiver
12-11-2006, 09:57 PM

Fixed for accuracy.

i guess i can argue kurt warner, and josh mccown.

Josh McCown had quite a few big games. Even Kurt Warner had five 300 yard games with those two in '05.

fryman
12-11-2006, 10:33 PM
DEVIN HESTER!! :D

agreed :lol:

Hurricane Ditka
12-11-2006, 11:06 PM
Devin Hester.

VoteLynnSwan
12-11-2006, 11:07 PM
Devin Hester.

yup

danman253
12-11-2006, 11:11 PM
Its such a great class of ROokies its hard to pick. Young, Bush, Hester, Colston, Drew, Addai. I'd go wit hVY right now but there are lots of deserving candidates

cunningham06
12-11-2006, 11:16 PM

There's just a little bit of irony as Fitzgerald had the ball outmuscled and ripped from his hands just this pass Sunday for a Leinart interception, and Anquan Boldin had over five drops against the Rams, and has had some trouble with his hands this year.

But on a somewhat unrelated note, I hate when people trash the QB rating (which isn't perfect) and then go on to site wins/losses as a legitimate measure of which to judge quarterbacks. It isn't. Wins and losses should only be used to judge a team's performance, whereas statistics were created for the sole purpose of determining an individual's performance. No players are "immune" to stats. If Vince had been playing at the same level this last month over the course of the entire year, he'd be ROY. Both Colston and Ryans have been playing at a high level the entire season (consistency is the most important trait of a player) and therefore are more deserving.

I am willing to bet you any amount of money that the Titans receivers have dropped more balls on Vince, and let more catchable or just deflectable balls get intercepted. That and Edge is an above average receiver out of the backfield. No Vince isn't immune to stats, but look at the games he has won, he has used his legs very effectively, for example in the Texans game. Look at the Titans before Vince and look at them after, before Vince most people thought they would have a top 5 draft pick for sure, but he turned it around. What has Leinart done? If your team is losing it's the quarterbacks job to play to win and put his stats in the back seat. Carr had the highest qb rating in the NFL earlier this season, but the Texans weren't doing anything except losing. Vince's added dimension of being able to run the ball makes him better than Leinart easily. There is no doubt in my mind about Vince's superiority to Leinart.

bearfan
12-11-2006, 11:22 PM
1: Vince Young
2: Mo Drew
3: Colston

sweetness34
12-11-2006, 11:23 PM
1: Devin Hester
2: Vince Young
3: Mo Drew
4: Colston
:D

DHVF
12-11-2006, 11:40 PM
Devin Hester

BrownsTown
12-11-2006, 11:43 PM
If Hester wins it, I'll stop watching football all together.

sweetness34
12-11-2006, 11:44 PM

Good for you.

BrownsTown
12-11-2006, 11:45 PM

Good for you.

Quite.

bearsfan_51
12-11-2006, 11:48 PM
Being a Browns fan should have done that years ago.

sweetness34
12-11-2006, 11:49 PM

Good for you.

Quite.

You enamour me with your incredible intellectualness (yes I know it's not a word) and knowledge.

Hester should be in the discussion for it. Sure he can't win it but he's had arguably one of the biggest impacts of any rookie this season, while breaking a 25 year record for return TD's in a season.

smittyjs
Being a Browns fan should have done that years ago.Nice burn

sweetness34
Being a Browns fan should have done that years ago.

OH BUUUUURRRRNNN! :lol:

bearsfan_51
12-11-2006, 11:51 PM
*Takes a bow*

I would know, I'm from Akron, am friends with Charlie, and it pains me to watch the Browns as well. Mostly just because they are the only option on television and are pathetic half the time, and just painful enough to lose at the end the other half.

sweetness34
12-11-2006, 11:53 PM
*Takes a bow*

I would know, I'm from Akron, am friends with Charlie, and it pains me to watch the Browns as well. Mostly just because they are the only option on television and are pathetic half the time, and just painful enough to lose at the end the other half.

Didn't you play with Charlie at one time? And if you know him, let's see you get a pic.

BrownsTown
12-11-2006, 11:53 PM
Meh. It doesn't hurt. Once they came back my spirit was broken rather quickly, so now I just watch because they're the Browns and I can't imagine rooting for anyone else.

A-Dub4President
12-11-2006, 11:54 PM
I am willing to bet you any amount of money that the Titans receivers have dropped more balls on Vince, and let more catchable or just deflectable balls get intercepted. That and Edge is an above average receiver out of the backfield. No Vince isn't immune to stats, but look at the games he has won, he has used his legs very effectively, for example in the Texans game. Look at the Titans before Vince and look at them after, before Vince most people thought they would have a top 5 draft pick for sure, but he turned it around. What has Leinart done? If your team is losing it's the quarterbacks job to play to win and put his stats in the back seat. Carr had the highest qb rating in the NFL earlier this season, but the Texans weren't doing anything except losing. Vince's added dimension of being able to run the ball makes him better than Leinart easily. There is no doubt in my mind about Vince's superiority to Leinart.

Although I didn't want to turn this into a Young/Leinart debate... here goes. There's no doubt that Arizona's receivers are better than Tennesee (although Fitz has been out with injury for awhile this season). However this is offset by the fact that Arizona has a much worse offensive line, and until last week no run game. Leinart did everything he could to win, leading the team on last minute drives in both the Kansas City and Chicago games, both oppurtunites blown by Neil Rackers. If Rob Bironas kicked for Arizona, then Leinart would be just as impressive and in the running for ROY. Vince might be able to run the ball better, but Leinart is the better passer. It's impossible to say which one is better as both have shown lots of poise and leadership. My point is that if Bironas doesn't hit that 60 yarder against Indy and Kiwanuka learns how to tackle then we wouldn't even be hearing Vince Young's name. It isn't just the quarterbacks responsibility to win or lose games. It's a team effort.

cunningham06
12-12-2006, 12:28 AM

Although I didn't want to turn this into a Young/Leinart debate... here goes. There's no doubt that Arizona's receivers are better than Tennesee (although Fitz has been out with injury for awhile this season). However this is offset by the fact that Arizona has a much worse offensive line, and until last week no run game. Leinart did everything he could to win, leading the team on last minute drives in both the Kansas City and Chicago games, both oppurtunites blown by Neil Rackers. If Rob Bironas kicked for Arizona, then Leinart would be just as impressive and in the running for ROY. Vince might be able to run the ball better, but Leinart is the better passer. It's impossible to say which one is better as both have shown lots of poise and leadership. My point is that if Bironas doesn't hit that 60 yarder against Indy and Kiwanuka learns how to tackle then we wouldn't even be hearing Vince Young's name. It isn't just the quarterbacks responsibility to win or lose games. It's a team effort.

So Arizona's offensive line is bad, so what? So is Tennessee's. Arizona's line is worse, but Vince is able to elude defenders and is much more mobile in the pocket (and outside). To offset your argument about offensive lines, how about this, Tennessee has the worst ranked defense in the NFL right now and has let in 6 more TD's and is the worst when it comes to TOP. It's quite the rarity to find a team that is the worst in TOP that has a winning record. Even without Fitz Anquan is so much better than Benett, and I would take Bryant Johnson over Bobby Wade any day of the week. As for the 4th quarter drives, in the KC game that would have just tied it up for overtime with a field goal where you are assuming they would win, which doesn't really matter here. Also in the Chicago game, he had an excellent start to the game, but then grew stagnant and as Chicago started coming back he could put up no more points on the board. Arizona's defense was the reason that they were in that game, picking off Grossman 4 times, all that Leinart had to do was manage the lead. Rackers kicked 5 field goals in that game, 3 of which he made, and it isn't ideal to depend on your kicker all that much. Vince didn't depend on Bironas in the Texans game, he just took off and scored the touchdown. He did what he could to avoid overtime and get the win. You are aware that Bironas's field goal in the Indi game and in the Giants game were game winners right? As opposed to Neil Rackers's which were necessary to tie the game so it could go into overtime. Vince didn't let the team get into situations where they lost if the kicker missed a field goal. Ordinarily I agree, qb's don't win games, but Vince often times takes it upon himself and runs the ball downfield extending his drive going beyond the expected job of the qb to do what is necessary. Also just to remind you that Bironas missed two field goals as well in the game against the Ravens, but I'm sure you already knew that. If you want you can blame it all on Rackers, but that's just irrationally pointing the finger. The point is Bironas misses some too, but the Titans still win games. Vince is a beast.

A-Dub4President
12-12-2006, 12:41 AM
So Arizona's offensive line is bad, so what? So is Tennessee's. Arizona's line is worse, but Vince is able to elude defenders and is much more mobile in the pocket (and outside). To offset your argument about offensive lines, how about this, Tennessee has the worst ranked defense in the NFL right now and has let in 6 more TD's and is the worst when it comes to TOP. It's quite the rarity to find a team that is the worst in TOP that has a winning record. Even without Fitz Anquan is so much better than Benett, and I would take Bryant Johnson over Bobby Wade any day of the week. As for the 4th quarter drives, in the KC game that would have just tied it up for overtime with a field goal where you are assuming they would win, which doesn't really matter here. Also in the Chicago game, he had an excellent start to the game, but then grew stagnant and as Chicago started coming back he could put up no more points on the board. Arizona's defense was the reason that they were in that game, picking off Grossman 4 times, all that Leinart had to do was manage the lead. Rackers kicked 5 field goals in that game, 3 of which he made, and it isn't ideal to depend on your kicker all that much. Vince didn't depend on Bironas in the Texans game, he just took off and scored the touchdown. He did what he could to avoid overtime and get the win. You are aware that Bironas's field goal in the Indi game and in the Giants game were game winners right? As opposed to Neil Rackers's which were necessary to tie the game so it could go into overtime. Vince didn't let the team get into situations where they lost if the kicker missed a field goal. Ordinarily I agree, qb's don't win games, but Vince often times takes it upon himself and runs the ball downfield extending his drive going beyond the expected job of the qb to do what is necessary. Also just to remind you that Bironas missed two field goals as well in the game against the Ravens, but I'm sure you already knew that. If you want you can blame it all on Rackers, but that's just irrationally pointing the finger. The point is Bironas misses some too, but the Titans still win games. Vince is a beast.

With the KC game, I wasn't saying that the field goal would've won it, merely saying that Leinart has been just about as clutch as Vince has been this year leading the team when it counted. The only reason that Leinart grew stagnant against the Bears in the second half is that he only passed it on third and long. Again, that's really irrelevant. The point was that Leinart led them on another clutch drive (which was stopped short by Denny so they could miss the field goal). I'm not blaming it all on Rackers, just pointing out that he is having a very bad year (after the best year by a kicker in NFL history), and that wins and losses don't accurately reflect how good a quarterback is. Of course Leinart has played poorly, but Young also stunk it up for his first bunch of games. Both are proving doubters wrong, both are performing better than expected, both have had patches of greatness, both have had poor performances, both are very clutch, and both don't deserve ROY.

CM4
12-12-2006, 01:48 AM
This needs to be revised and DEVIN HESTER needs to be added to it...

yourfavestoner
12-12-2006, 01:49 AM
You guys know it's okay to type in paragraphs, right? In fact, it's even encouraged. :wink:

A-Dub4President
12-12-2006, 01:59 AM
You guys know it's okay to type in paragraphs, right? In fact, it's even encouraged. :wink:

What are these "paragraphs" you speak of?

703SKINS202
12-12-2006, 02:21 AM
even though he is on a losing team Demarco Ryans from Alabama leads the league in tackles with 128. Thats my rookie of the year.

draftguru151
12-12-2006, 05:53 AM
DEVIN HESTER!

bearsfan_51
12-12-2006, 09:19 AM
*Takes a bow*

Didn't you play with Charlie at one time? And if you know him, let's see you get a pic.
:lol:

You just want me to run up next to him, take a picture, and download it on the internet?

I don't talk to him during the football season much, but if I remember I'll get one once it's over.

portermvp84
12-12-2006, 09:49 AM
Vince Young or Colston should get it, they've have putup great numbers.

cunningham06
12-12-2006, 04:11 PM
even though he is on a losing team Demarco Ryans from Alabama leads the league in tackles with 128. Thats my rookie of the year.

Demeco should be on this poll, he would probably garner about 10-15 votes Demeco is awesome.

CM4
12-12-2006, 06:32 PM
Ha i didnt know that Young has more rushing yards than Bush! hahah

sweetness34
12-12-2006, 06:54 PM
*Takes a bow*

You just want me to run up next to him, take a picture, and download it on the internet?

I don't talk to him during the football season much, but if I remember I'll get one once it's over.

Um yea, duh. :roll: :lol: :P

Smooth Criminal
12-12-2006, 07:08 PM
I think Young will get it. As long as he keeps this up he's a lock. Esspecially with Colston missing some of the last few games and MJD, Bush and Addai all splitting time.

Bearsfan123
12-12-2006, 07:33 PM
Devin Hester has made the most impact. He keeps doing great things. Vince is great (to my displeasure) but Hester is as well, id say they are the top 2 candidates right now.

12-12-2006, 09:18 PM
I would say MJD but they the media will minlipuate it to look the Reggie Bush look like he deserives it. I wouldent mind if Vince Young won.

Smooth Criminal
12-12-2006, 09:19 PM
Sure Hester has been great but he's been good as a return man. Young has been good at QB with a weak team around him.

Young definately deserves it before Hester.

njx9
12-12-2006, 09:22 PM
Sure Hester has been great but he's been good as a return man. Young has been good at QB with a weak team around him.

and realistically, hester would likely have had to have made an impact at an offensive or defensive position. i think it would have to be an awful weak year to give it to a return specialist, no matter how amazing he's been.

Shiver
12-12-2006, 09:23 PM
ESPN ran a poll; 'who should win OROTY,' Vince Young was in first.

MJ-D was in last. :roll:

smittyjs
12-12-2006, 09:24 PM

MJ-D was in last. :roll: :roll: Yeah i seen today, Hester was in second... :|

smittyjs
12-12-2006, 09:25 PM

and realistically, hester would likely have had to have made an impact at an offensive or defensive position. i think it would have to be an awful weak year to give it to a return specialist, no matter how amazing he's been.I agree with you, and this have been a great year for Rookies

The Unseen
12-12-2006, 09:50 PM

Eh, that was a given. Vince Young is going to run away with the award.

NFL.com ran the same poll and MJD was third out of five last I saw, behind Reggie Bush.

sweetness34
12-12-2006, 10:02 PM

Eh, that was a given. Vince Young is going to run away with the award.

NFL.com ran the same poll and MJD was third out of five last I saw, behind Reggie Bush.

Hester was 2nd baby! :D

But yea, Drew being in last was ridiculous.

sweetness34
12-12-2006, 10:06 PM

and realistically, hester would likely have had to have made an impact at an offensive or defensive position. i think it would have to be an awful weak year to give it to a return specialist, no matter how amazing he's been.

:roll: (just for you njx) :wink:

Well what if a return specialist gets a TD on every return? Would that be an exception?

doingthisinsteadofwork
12-12-2006, 10:07 PM
If Fred Taylor wasnt in Jaxsonville MJD would be ROY.and noone would argue.

smittyjs
12-12-2006, 10:14 PM

:roll: (just for you njx) :wink:

Well what if a return specialist gets a TD on every return? Would that be an exception?If that happen, then i would say yes, that would be ALOT of TD's. :shock: :lol:

Tubby
12-12-2006, 10:17 PM
Reggie Bush doesnt even deserve to be on the poll.

The Unseen
12-12-2006, 10:19 PM
If Fred Taylor wasnt in Jaxsonville MJD would be ROY.and noone would argue.

Same could be said of Rhodes and Addai.

And Dillon and Maroney.

And McAllister and Bush.

Hurricane Ditka
12-12-2006, 10:23 PM
*Takes a bow*

I don't talk to him during the football season much, but if I remember I'll get one once it's over.Keak used to do it all the time.

San Diego Chicken
12-12-2006, 10:24 PM

Really? He's scored 7 times and has close to 1100 yards from scrimmage...

cunningham06
12-12-2006, 10:31 PM

Really? He's scored 7 times and has close to 1100 yards from scrimmage...

Those are some solid numbers, but aren't nearly as good as the numbers Mo Drew has put up. If no defensive players are on the list, then Reggie Bush should not be on the list either, just the most elite prospects for the award. Reggie has been good, but by no stretch of the imagination has he been the best.

smittyjs
12-12-2006, 10:53 PM
Rookie of the week, Pepsi
Devin Hester 39%
Vince Young 35%
Maurice Jones-Drew 17%
Reggie Bush 8%
Matt Leinart 1%

Hurricane Ditka
12-12-2006, 10:55 PM
Rookie of the week, Pepsi
Devin Hester 39%
Vince Young 35%
Maurice Jones-Drew 17%
Reggie Bush 8%
Matt Leinart 1% Devin Hester had the primetime showing.

smittyjs
12-12-2006, 10:58 PM
http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/5752/1218largedk9.jpg

smittyjs
12-12-2006, 10:59 PM
Edit: Damn, double post my bad

2drama
12-12-2006, 11:11 PM
http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/5752/1218largedk9.jpg

i am buying a V.Y jersey for xmas :lol:

zoinks
12-13-2006, 12:34 AM
Every year, there are a two or three rookie RB's that come out and make a big splash from the get-go.

You'll also get one or two sensational rookie KR/PR guys almost every year, and usually one or two WR's that really stand out.

But how often does a rookie QB come in and really make a difference, performance-wise? Big Ben did it a couple years ago; before that....well, let's just say it had been a while since we'd seen a rookie QB who was good.

In my mind, when a rookie picks up the game's most difficult position and his performance legitimately warrants OROY consideration, he deserves special consideration....extra credit, if you will.

I'm a VY guy myself, but I believe Leinart is getting far too little recognition for what he's doing on a bad Cardinals team. It'll be a while before we can make a definitive assessment of Jay Cutler, but I'd say it looks like all three of them are going to be exactly who we thought they were.

So let's crown their a**es. :D

jackalope
12-13-2006, 07:24 AM
i think now Devin Hester has to be seriously considered

datchapin
12-14-2006, 08:05 PM
I can't understand why no defensive player is considered. Don't get me wrong all those guys have done good things, but have they all done it on a consistent basis? No not all of them have. The one's that have haven't put up those great a #'s. If you were looking for a real list it should be these guys.
M. D. Jones RB- Jags. He's been putting up yards and scores throughout the yr. while sharing the load. The guy is the real deal.

M. Colston WR- N.O. Just solid throughout the season. Missed a few games, but should still put up solid #'s.

D. Ryans LB- Texans- Are you kidding me? The guy leads the league in tackles and solo tackles. Allow me to re-iterate that. LEADS THE LEAGUE, not his division, not his conference. In addition to that he's got multiple sacks, PD's, just amazing. He's played on this level on a consistent basis and just doesn't stop. Don't get me wrong I understand it's unlikely he'll win it, but to not even be mentioned is like a slap in the face to me.

smittyjs
12-14-2006, 08:21 PM
I can't understand why no defensive player is considered. Don't get me wrong all those guys have done good things, but have they all done it on a consistent basis? No not all of them have. The one's that have haven't put up those great a #'s. If you were looking for a real list it should be these guys.
M. D. Jones RB- Jags. He's been putting up yards and scores throughout the yr. while sharing the load. The guy is the real deal.

M. Colston WR- N.O. Just solid throughout the season. Missed a few games, but should still put up solid #'s.

D. Ryans LB- Texans- Are you kidding me? The guy leads the league in tackles and solo tackles. Allow me to re-iterate that. LEADS THE LEAGUE, not his division, not his conference. In addition to that he's got multiple sacks, PD's, just amazing. He's played on this level on a consistent basis and just doesn't stop. Don't get me wrong I understand it's unlikely he'll win it, but to not even be mentioned is like a slap in the face to me.Sad but defensive players, never get the love when it comes to ROY and the same can be said for MVP also.

Zim3031
12-14-2006, 08:23 PM
I'd still give it to Marques Colston. He's conistently put up great numbers week after week. And, despite getting hurt, will easily surpass 1,000 yards.

Hester is a returner. He can only have so much impact on the game. Also I'm not really sure he qualifies as an offensive player.

I really like MJD and he'd probably be second on my ballot. One of the most fun players to watch and can impact the game in so many ways.

Vince Young as a whole has very mediocre numbers, and to be fair, he has had a total of 3 good games against 3 bad defenses. Sorry but I'm just still not sold on the guy.

cheesehead10790
12-14-2006, 08:38 PM
The fact that Bush is even in the running is a ridiculous thought to me. He's had what now...two good games. Lets look at his 4 TD performance...total rushing yards...38. Maybe he should be more worried about running effectively and less about breaking big time screen passes.

1.Young/Drew
2.Hester
3.Colston

Those are the 4 top performers and imo jones drew should get it since he is up there and had previously NO media hype whatsoever.

MJD is the ROY

Shiver
12-15-2006, 01:18 AM
I think Marcus McNeil deserves some recognition, but he has no shot. No defensive player, or O-Lineman has a shot against the hollywood-esque aura that surrounds the "skill position" players.

Flyboy
12-15-2006, 01:22 AM
I would honestly give it to MJD at this point.

TIP
12-15-2006, 02:35 AM
Vince Young as a whole has very mediocre numbers, and to be fair, he has had a total of 3 good games against 3 bad defenses. Sorry but I'm just still not sold on the guy.

One thing he does though...WIN. Thats all that matters. Yes Bush has the stats...but the saints are very sound offensively...

Look at VY...he has no support. Henry is a decent back, but nothing special...Bennett is not a true #1 guy. He has no blocking...yet...he is 6-4...With that team, 6-4 is incredible. The only stat I'd care about is the number of victories put up in the win column. Terry Bradshaw never had that great of stats...but the guy won games. I think it's down to him or bush. Bush has come on strong as of late...but VY is somethin else

4pAc
12-15-2006, 02:52 AM
Don't worry Vince Young WILL win.
Now if he deserves to is another argument, and I definitely think he deserves to win

Moses
12-15-2006, 03:08 AM
The fact that Bush is even in the running is a ridiculous thought to me. He's had what now...two good games. Lets look at his 4 TD performance...total rushing yards...38. Maybe he should be more worried about running effectively and less about breaking big time screen passes.

1.Young/Drew
2.Hester
3.Colston

Those are the 4 top performers and imo jones drew should get it since he is up there and had previously NO media hype whatsoever.

MJD is the ROY

Right, Bush should just stick to running between the tackles beecause that's what he excels at. :roll:

soybean
12-15-2006, 03:59 AM

1.Young/Drew
2.Hester
3.Colston

MJD is the ROY

Yeah, we all knew who marques colston was before the draft...

P-L
12-15-2006, 11:02 AM
Ron Jawarski said Marcus McNeil should win rookie of the year. Thoughts?

TIP
12-15-2006, 12:44 PM
He's performed awesome...But he isn't the reason the entire line and the team is having success. Take him away...they're still rolling I think. Take VY away...Titans would have 2 wins...

SFbear
12-15-2006, 05:46 PM

I think its one of those "Im just mentioning this name because the <blank> position doesn't get enough cred even though I really think it should or will be <blank> but since everybody has already mentioned <blank> I thought I would be different and feel better about myself".

Tubby
12-15-2006, 06:10 PM

I think its one of those "Im just mentioning this name because the <blank> position doesn't get enough cred even though I really think it should or will be <blank> but since everybody has already mentioned <blank> I thought I would be different and feel better about myself".

Or maybe its just "Hi, my name is Ron Jaworski, but people call me Jaws for no reason at all. I get paid to say the stupidest things I possibly can on TV."

Woody56
12-15-2006, 06:43 PM

and I think Cris Colinsworth said Nick Mangold should win it, but we know an o-lineman really doesn't have a chance

SFbear
12-15-2006, 09:09 PM

Or maybe its just "Hi, my name is Ron Jaworski, but people call me Jaws for no reason at all. I get paid to say the stupidest things I possibly can on TV."

Jaws is one of the better analysts on ESPN. He analysis of QBs is pretty solid.

BrownsTown
12-15-2006, 09:11 PM
Ron Jaworksi is the stupidest person on the planet.

12-15-2006, 09:12 PM

Jaws is one of the better analysts on ESPN. He analysis of QBs is pretty solid.
Wasn't he the one who showed that Vince Young was missing wide open recievers?

Zim3031
12-15-2006, 10:33 PM
I don't see why McNeil shouldn't get some credit. He's been an absolute monster since say one. You can probably credit quite a few of LT's touchdowns to his roadgrading. Shouldn't 13 good games mean more than 3 good games when it comes to ROTY?

Windy
12-15-2006, 10:34 PM
Logan Mankins got ROY votes. McNeil could too

sweetness34
12-15-2006, 10:39 PM
i think now Devin Hester has to be seriously considered

Oh no doubt, but he won't win it.

A) He doesn't have a position (well CB but he won't win it at CB)

B) Guys like MJD, Colston, VY, etc have had "bigger" impacts on a game to game basis

C) KR's don't win ROY's

Now if he gets a couple more TD's this season I can see a legit argument to why he should win it. But right now I just see a legit argument to why he should be considered

WhisperSeek
12-15-2006, 10:57 PM

Amen.

It's going to be great to watch MJD and VY play each other on Sunday. Question: Does the player (MJD or VY) with the bigger game have the lead in the race?

JT Jag
12-15-2006, 11:02 PM

Amen.

It's going to be great to watch MJD and VY play each other on Sunday. Question: Does the player (MJD or VY) with the bigger game have the lead in the race?Depends on how the other player does.

If Drew has his usual 50 yards rushing, 20 yards recieving, 50 yards returning, and a touchdown or two, but Young has a bigger game, then he won't be out of the race.

However, if Young costs the Titans the game because of turnovers, and suddenly looks very much like a rookie, then he'll be hard to vote for.

cunningham06
12-16-2006, 12:00 AM
He's performed awesome...But he isn't the reason the entire line and the team is having success. Take him away...they're still rolling I think. Take VY away...Titans would have 2 wins...

It's not all McNeil, Hardwick has been awesome this season, but McNeil should get some mention, he's been great.

TIP
12-16-2006, 12:30 AM
Oh yes, he's quite idiotic...But I'm sure you have more intelligence about football and the QB position that a man who's played it for years. :roll:

Jaworski is one of the better analysts, he just spends WAY too much time analyzing every freaking QB.

elway777
12-16-2006, 12:37 AM

Absolutely,Ive been thinking the same thing all year.Hes so dominate and strong and quick and able to pull at the same time with any trouble.
Plus hes playing one of the hardest postions in the NFL at Left Tackle and hes dominating!

DBuck
12-16-2006, 01:03 AM
It has to be Vince Young.