PDA

View Full Version : Irish QB

doingthisinsteadofwork
06-18-2007, 09:08 PM
Who do you think will be the new Irish QB?
I voted Jimmy Clausen.

TouchdownUSC
06-18-2007, 10:02 PM
Demetrius Jones i feel would be the smart move but it will be clausen i think

P-L
06-18-2007, 11:15 PM
I think Evan Sharpley is going to start the year off at QB. Whether he finishes it at the starting QB, I don't know.

JeffSamardzijaIRISH
06-18-2007, 11:26 PM
I doubt Evan Sharpley gets the nod. He's probably only in there because he knows the offense better than the rest of the guys. If Jimmy or Jones learns most of the offense by fall, then one of them will start. "Evan knows the sytem best, Jimmy throws the best, and Jones makes the most plays"-Charlie Weis.

reese
06-18-2007, 11:43 PM
i wish we had team boards for college too

Hawk
06-19-2007, 12:00 AM

way too many boards

i voted for who i think will start the most games for them this year and that will be clausen

reese
06-19-2007, 01:10 AM
way too many boards

i voted for who i think will start the most games for them this year and that will be clausen

i kno...its just wishfull thinking...mainly becuz there are certain teams...notre dame being one of them...that i get tired of hearing about

kalbears13
06-19-2007, 01:14 AM
Also this isn't called NCAAdraftcountdown.com

reese
06-19-2007, 01:18 AM

but it does have a college football thread and where do u think the nfl drafts its players from? why be a smartass?

duckseason
06-19-2007, 03:56 AM

You're aware that the primary focus of this website is college football players, right?

ElectricEye
06-19-2007, 06:32 AM
I think (and hope) that Clausen will end up starting the most games. He has all the stupid hype working against him unfortunately, but he is genuinely talented. I think Jones will get action at some point, especially early, but he'll ultimately get beaten out. Either way, it's going to be a rough season.

JayP
06-19-2007, 07:58 AM
This situation sounds eerily like 1993....

Golden boy Freshman QB comes in and gets injured....has surgery.

QB who was never supposed to be more than a backup to the golden boy becomes the starter and proceeds to become an Irish legend in his own right

The question is....who's Kevin McDougal this time? I voted for Jones, because I think he may end up as the starter, but I wouldn't be surprised if the McDougal role is played by Sharpley this year.

V. Young
06-19-2007, 02:22 PM
You could do team boards just do top 25, lol. Maybe? maybe not?

kalbears13
06-19-2007, 02:33 PM
You could do team boards just do top 25, lol. Maybe? maybe not?

No because in season the top 25 can change and that would mean deleting and adding forums every week. It's not like there is sooo much posting in the college board forum where we need a discussion for every team. Maybe just like one for every I-A conference at the most and then one forum for all I-AA teams.

doingthisinsteadofwork
06-19-2007, 02:46 PM
We should have conference threads One for each conference that has a minimum of 50 users.

yo123
06-22-2007, 12:53 PM
Sharpley for the first couple games, then Clausen

reese
06-22-2007, 01:32 PM
and yet you clicked on a thread called "Irish QB". you see why that complaint might fall on deaf ears, right?

i didnt make a complaint...i said i wished there were college team boards

reese
06-22-2007, 01:49 PM
and you complained. i have no idea why you can't follow what you yourself said. i'll quote it again, since doing it once was clearly not enough:

then why the bloody hell did you click on a thread that was clearly about notre dame? the first two posts in this thread were solely about wanting team boards and then explaining that you wanted them because you were sick of eharing about certain teams. right after clicking on a thread that was CLEARLY about one of those teams you're sick of hearing about. well done. i'm strongly interested in helping as a direct result of this post. in sea world.

i dont think u have any friends...or a person that loves u at home...every single post that u post is negative...u act like ur mad at the world...i dont like notre dame...that doesnt mean i wont read somethin about them on a message board...ill even watch there games on tv so i have ammo to argue that there overrated...im a football fan so reguardless of if i like a team or not ill still follow them just because

reese
06-22-2007, 04:56 PM
you just bloody said you get sick of reading about them, in a thread that clearly says it's about them. do you have any idea how stupid that sounds? and then you accuse me of not having any family or friends? you should probably not post here agin until you have some vague degree of maturity.

am i allowed to respond or will u go tell on me to the other mods again and get me another infraction? u tell me to be mature but yet ur taddling...lol

ElectricEye
06-22-2007, 05:02 PM
Have to agree with njx9. Pretty moronic to post and complain about not wanting to hear about Notre Dame in a thread that was clearly about Notre Dame. If you don't want to read it, don't click. Then to pull out the "you don't have friends" excuse was even stupider. Seriously, read a book, learn to type better, then try to stop being such a moron.

reese
06-22-2007, 05:05 PM
Have to agree with njx9. Pretty moronic to post and complain about not wanting to hear about Notre Dame in a thread that was clearly about Notre Dame. If you don't want to read it, don't click. Then to pull out the "you don't have friends" excuse was even stupider. Seriously, read a book, learn to type better, then try to stop being such a moron.

u gettin in a convo that dont involve u is stupid...i dont need to learn to type better..nobody is gonna grade this...u can read it so dont be a moron and try to act like ur super intelligent becuz u can point out typing errors that are errors on purpose...i type the quickest way i can...im not concerned with what u think of my typin becuz for the most part my points are well recieved

reese
06-22-2007, 05:08 PM
and its stupid for yall to say i shouldnt come into a notre dame thread and down notre dame....thats this entire message board..someone post a topic and ppl give there opinions...good or bad...go into the pacman thread and see how many of those ppl are tired of hearing about him...quite a few yet they still post becuz that is the point of a message board

ElectricEye
06-22-2007, 05:44 PM
Saying you're stick of hearing about Notre Dame in a Notre Dame thread isn't an opinion. It's an oxymoron more than anything.

NYmoney
06-22-2007, 05:54 PM
Saying you're stick of hearing about Notre Dame in a Notre Dame thread isn't an opinion. It's an oxymoron more than anything.

A+. absolutely the funniest thing i've read today.

reese
06-22-2007, 05:57 PM
ok its a fact...am i not allowed to post my thoughts on something? again i thought that was the point of a message board

reese
06-22-2007, 06:26 PM
lol@ electric eye for negging me....u really have to be a loser to neg someone...and thats speaking in general terms not directly at electric eye...(dont wanna get another infraction for a "personal attack")

ElectricEye
06-22-2007, 06:44 PM
I'm a loser. I admit this.
Doesn't make you any less of a moron. And really, one has to call into the question of just who the loser is. You're the one who keeps bringing this little debacle up, double posting to bump the thread.

reese
06-22-2007, 06:45 PM
yea ok whatever helps u sleep at night

ElectricEye
06-22-2007, 06:59 PM

i kno...its just wishfull thinking...mainly becuz there are certain teams...notre dame being one of them...that i get tired of hearing about

but it does have a college football thread and where do u think the nfl drafts its players from? why be a smartass?

i dont think u have any friends...or a person that loves u at home...every single post that u post is negative...u act like ur mad at the world...i dont like notre dame...that doesnt mean i wont read somethin about them on a message board...ill even watch there games on tv so i have ammo to argue that there overrated...im a football fan so reguardless of if i like a team or not ill still follow them just because

and its stupid for yall to say i shouldnt come into a notre dame thread and down notre dame....thats this entire message board..someone post a topic and ppl give there opinions...good or bad...go into the pacman thread and see how many of those ppl are tired of hearing about him...quite a few yet they still post becuz that is the point of a message board

ok its a fact...am i not allowed to post my thoughts on something? again i thought that was the point of a message board

lol@ electric eye for negging me....u really have to be a loser to neg someone...and thats speaking in general terms not directly at electric eye...(dont wanna get another infraction for a "personal attack")

yea ok whatever helps u sleep at night

Number of posts about the who will start for Notre Dame:0
Number of posts either saying something negative, or generally just being whiny:Every single one of them.

Seriously, save face, and just GTFO out of the thread. If you're as disinterested as you say in Notre Dame(and as your posts are saying), that shouldn't be much of a problem.

Acreboy
06-22-2007, 07:06 PM
This guy

http://www.notredamesucks.org/clausen.jpg

reese
06-22-2007, 07:08 PM
Number of posts about the who will start for Notre Dame:0
Number of posts either saying something negative, or generally just being whiny:Every single one of them.

Seriously, save face, and just GTFO out of the thread. If you're as disinterested as you say in Notre Dame(and as your posts are saying), that shouldn't be much of a problem.

time spent reading my pointless post- too much

time spent doing something productive- none

post in this thread about who will be starting for ND- 1

post in this thread that have zero to do with ND- 4

whats ur point?

kalbears13
06-22-2007, 10:03 PM
This guy

http://www.notredamesucks.org/clausen.jpg

Well now we know that *** quarterbacks go to Notre Dame...

reese
06-23-2007, 07:28 PM
do you not see the difference? jesus.

post one: "i'm sick of pacman being in the news"
post two: "i'm sick of people posting about notre dame"

can you tell me the difference between those two posts? somehow i'm sure you'll try to say they're the same thing. in that case, i'd suggest re-enrolling in a few basic reading comprehension courses, rather than wasting your time posting on a message board. *shrug*

ive seen post saying that ppl are sick of hearing about pacman in the pacman thread...nice job tryin to reword what i said to prove a point tho....and in responce to ur other post i have put many insightful post on this board...mabe u should do some research on my post b4 u speak...now not all of my post are serious and insightful but i doubt anyone can make that claim