PDA

View Full Version : DJ

LB51
06-18-2007, 09:56 PM
ever KC game i watch DJ is gettin manhandled in the run game. am i just catchin his off games or has he been a disappointment this far?

BPhilb
06-19-2007, 09:00 AM
ever KC game i watch DJ is gettin manhandled in the run game. am i just catchin his off games or has he been a disappointment this far?

Not really. He gets used a ton is pass coverage and sometimes I believe that he's not getting a good start to the ball on a lot of running downs. His biggest problem is that our D-Line gets penetrated rather easily and OLineman our on our linebackers early. This isn't a problem for just DJ, but for our entire LB group though it did get better last year. I wouldn't say he is a disappointment so far, though I keep expecting him to breakout and make more game changing plays which he hasn't done much of at this point.

Splat
06-19-2007, 10:40 AM
I don't know what games you have been watching but DJ has had some very good games he was having a really good year before he tweaked his ankle last year. I agree with BPhilb (http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/forum/member.php?u=178) the D line has not helped our LB's out at all with the beef we added on the line and with Donnie Edwards taking DJ under his wing I look for DJ to have a break at year.